ScoreSense aims to empower people with credit insights, tools, and personal support to make better-informed decisions about their financial lives. The company knows that having your credit scores is important, but understanding what’s behind them is critical.

With ScoreSense credit monitoring services, customers can obtain the following and more:

• Daily credit report monitoring
  • Multiple credit alerts
  • Access to credit score updates via a mobile app
  • Up to $1 million in identity theft insurance
  • A variety of credit tools like a credit score simulator
  • Access to an online learning center
  • Assistance from a dedicated credit specialist

Read on to learn more about ScoreSense’s credit monitoring services and to see verified customer reviews.

The Good

• Reports and Scores from All 3 Credit Bureaus
  • Daily Credit Monitoring and Alerts
  • $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance
  • Credit Insights
  • Credit Report Analysis
  • Credit Score Tracker
  • Credit Score Simulator
  • Mobile App

Reports and Scores from All 3 Credit Bureaus

ScoreSense offers solid credit report coverage by providing customers with full access to their credit reports and their VantageScore credit scores from all three major credit bureaus — Transunion, Equifax, and Experian.

Members can simply log into the company’s mobile app or website to refresh their credit information every month.

Daily Credit Monitoring and Alerts

Daily Credit Monitoring alerts consumers to catch any suspicious activity that may pose a threat to their credit and overall identity.

According to the company’s corporate website, ScoreSense can send alerts related to the following:

• New credit inquiries
  • New accounts
  • Delinquent accounts
  • New bankruptcies
  • New public records
  • New addresses

Customers can receive these types of alerts through email and their online ScoreSense member portal.

$1 Million Identity Theft Insurance

ScoreSense members are eligible for up to $1 million identity theft insurance to cover the costs related to fraud recovery.

This coverage provides financial reimbursement for documented, out-of-pocket identity restoration costs, legal defense expenses, and lost wages.

Credit Insights

ScoreSense analyzes members’ latest credit data to help them understand their credit scores.

ScoreSense acknowledges that not all lenders use the same credit bureau to check consumers’ credit — and consumers’ scores may not all be the same.

ScoreSense shows members which factors are most affecting each of their credit scores, so consumers know where they stand no matter which bureau lenders use.

Credit Report Analysis

ScoreSense compares members’ TransUnion credit report, Equifax credit report, and Experian credit report to identify account discrepancies that may affect their credit scores.

Credit Score Tracker

Consumers’ scores change as new information is added to their reports. In today’s world, it’s critical to stay informed.

ScoreSense has a feature that plots members’ current scores and tracks their score progress month to month and provides details about what most affects your scores.

Credit Score Simulator

In addition to CreditSense and an extensive library of educational financial and credit articles, ScoreSense provides members with a credit score simulator tool.

This credit score simulator tool allows members to see how different actions, such as opening a new account or paying off a credit card, might affect their estimated credit score.

Mobile App

The ScoreSense App is available in both the Apple (iPhone and iPad) and Android app stores.

It provides users with access to all three credit scores and reports on the go, provides users with score tracking over time and credit insights, allows users to set credit goals, and more.

The Bad

• ScoreCast™ and ScoreTracker™
  • Consumer Complaints

ScoreCast™ and ScoreTracker™

If consumers read ScoreSense's terms and conditions, they will learn that the credit scores provided to them via ScoreCast and ScoreTracker are not FICO scores.

This is extremely important to note because the FICO scoring model is taken into consideration by the majority of lenders.

Additionally, consumers should know that signing up with ScoreSense means they "acknowledge and agree to all of the following regarding ScoreCast ("SC") and ScoreTracker ("ST"):

• Neither SC nor ST provide any guarantee of any specific scores but are only simulations to demonstrate how certain actions by you might affect your credit scores.
  • Neither SC nor ST provide any guarantee that any action by you will have any effect on your credit scores.
  • Both SC and ST show the possible effects of a single variable on your credit scores, whereas your actual credit scores are determined by factoring in multiple variables simultaneously.
  • Neither SC nor ST factor in the recalibration of scoring systems by the entities that create or use the scoring systems.
  • Neither SC nor ST factor in the effect of data discrepancies or changes that may occur to the data used to determine your actual credit scores, due to circumstances beyond your control.

Consumer Complaints

When it comes to ScoreSense's products and services, the majority of reviews are positive. However, there are a some customers had issues with automatic billing and canceling accounts.

Automatic billing

Many people sign up for ScoreSense's 7-day free trial. However, after the trial is over, customers are automatically billed the monthly fee of $29.95.

This automatic billing has caught many customers off-guard and resulted in consumers paying monthly fees for a service they were no longer using.

Canceling accounts

Unfortunately, some customers had an unpleasant experience when trying to cancel their ScoreSense trial or subscription.

Several of the reviews state that when calling to cancel, they were pressured into continuing their service (even after they said they didn't want to) or told their service was discontinued but were then still charged (and never received a refund).

The only way to cancel is by calling the company at the toll-free number that appears on the site. Additionally, consumers can only call during the company's hours:

Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CST)
Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST)
Sunday, 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (CST)

If you do not have a phone, you can cancel via online chat or by writing to ScoreSense. You cannot cancel via email, and ScoreSense does not provide prorated refunds. Those with Basic Products can simply cancel through their member portal.

The Bottom Line

ScoreSense is a fantastic resource if you're looking to monitor or improve your credit score. With ScoreSense, you get monthly reports from all three major credit bureaus and a plethora of credit-building tools. These tools are not only useful for understanding your current score but how your future actions will impact your report and score.

ScoreSense's ScoreCast tool is an excellent feature as it allows you to see what would happen if you miss a payment or take out a new loan. The ScoreTracker enables you to track your monthly progress — making it easier to reach your credit goals.

Additionally ScoreSense customers can receive up to $1 million in identity theft insurance, access to a dedicated credit specialist, the ability to access updates via a mobile app and online portal, and more.

ScoreSense also offers a free 7-day trial, where you can test out everything before committing to a subscription. However, if you plan on canceling, be sure to do it within the trial time frame to avoid paying the monthly fee.

Interested parties can contact the company, sign up for a free trial, and read several ScoreSense reviews to get a better grasp of what ScoreSense has to offer in terms of credit monitoring services.

3.5

DeAnn Ogunyewo

January 31st, 2020 Houston, TX

I like the ease of use of the site. It made me comfortable to pull my own report without the assistant of a professional financial person. I will definitely recommend scoresense to people I know.

Mark Gedney

January 31st, 2020 Gloucester, MA

It was easy and clear. All went well. Thank you

Ronnie Jackson

January 30th, 2020 Greenville, SC

Prompt and accurate results gave me information I needed.

Nichelle Silas

January 30th, 2020 Jacksonville, FL

I don't like the fact that you charge a fee for this.

Anthony Palermo

January 30th, 2020 Dallas, TX

So far so good! A little pricey and no annual subscription options makes it hard to keep the monthly subscription going permanently. I deducted 1 star because of those things.

Katina Smith

January 30th, 2020 Dallas, TX

It was fine was able to see the score I have

Paula

January 11th, 2020 Hamlet, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with score sense for over 10 years and my rate was locked in at $9.95 a month. I get alerts, education about my score, and all three credit scores along with all three credit reports. The only issue that I've ever had was my misunderstanding of my credit score vs. my FICO score because I was trying to apply for a car loan. I called Score Sense immediately and was given a thorough understanding of the difference. There is a lot to learn about your credit and I have to admit that I didn't know much at all. But I know enough now to know that credit monitoring through Score Sense was the best decision that I've ever made.

Judy Armstrong

January 2nd, 2020 Freeport, ME DETAILS arrow_drop_down

customer service rep Pedro very courteous, helpful and professional.

Brian Reilly

December 29th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They charged us $1:00 for a credit report then THEY signed us up for a RECURRING MONTHLY CHARGE OF $19.95 which we NEVER AGREED TO. When I called them rep. Said “we only have 7 day cancellation ??” I’ll have to submit it to claims, it could take up to 7 WEEKS for a refund. This is a scam and should be shut down.

DGray

December 29th, 2019 Atlanta, GA

They were very informative. They are very knowledgeable in what they do.

Nancy L Arroyo

December 29th, 2019 Scranton, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just realized that this place has been taking 40 dollars a month for the past several months off my credit card. I never even realized. They are a rip off and scam artists. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES. IT IS A SCAM.

Alfred

December 27th, 2019

No one really can explain the formulas and methodology for the credit score calculations That is disturbing. I had to make some corrections to places where I've lived. No one could explain how those incorrect addresses for on my credit reports. This makes me wonder about the accuracy of the entire process. You get general statements but nothing specific so it is really a water of time and the reports are meaningless. I made one phone call to one of the bureaus and got no specifics so I have no idea what specifically is lowering or raising my score.

misty williams

December 24th, 2019 Emory, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was good I did everything online. They were able to help answer some questions

Trevi

December 23rd, 2019 Las Cruces, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I failed to read the fine print. I thought I was only printing my credit score and the next think I know, I'm being charged $30 for a month of services for the next year, that I never ordered. I wasted 45 minutes chasing it down to cancel, The associate was nice enough but we did escalate to a manager who assured it would be taken off the bill, It was, oh brother...

Vicky C

December 22nd, 2019 Independence, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far going great with getting my report. Nice to see all three credit bureau’s.

Marsha Scribner

December 22nd, 2019 Elk Grove, CA

I'm always automatically enrolled in ScoreSense when I am applying for a loan online. I have to pay the $1.00 refundable charge but then seripticiously I get enrolled into ScoreSense without my permission. ScoreSense is a "moneygrubber"!

Walt T

December 22nd, 2019 Houston, TX

You all don’t provide FICO scores. Vantage scores don’t mean anything when it comes to applying for any kind of credit. Lenders want FICO scores.

Troy Givens

December 22nd, 2019 Metairie, LA

Timely, convenient, detailed and resourceful

LJ

December 22nd, 2019 Minneapolis, MN

I did the trial for 1 day. I was not able to get all 3 reports (only 2). If I wanted to get the 3rd I had to pay $39.99 directly on the 3rd credit reports website. I can get the same 2 reports and scores on a free site. Also you can't file a dispute without having to use on of the "specialist'' that want to talk you into purchasing another kind of package. I can dispute online free of charge with a free site. Why would I pay for a service that I already get for free. If this site included access to all 3 credit bureaus it might be worth it, but it don't. It's a waste of money all the way around. Not even worth the $1 trial period.

EVELYN BUCHANAN

December 21st, 2019 Grand Prairie, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a terrible company to deal with. They are unethical, they take money from your account without notice and they need to be shut down. I can't believe that credit secrets even deals with them. Customer service is rude and not helpful at any time. Please do not give this company any credit or banking information.

GEORGE

December 21st, 2019 Pensacola, FL

Talking with rep was a pleasure. Very helpful.

Linda F Daniels

December 21st, 2019 Hazel Crest, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was going to cancel my membership, but representative said $2.95/month I would get alerts & insurance for fraud. I will try for a while, but might still cancel that.

Alejandro Astudillo

December 19th, 2019 Fort Collins, CO

Very easy and convenient to use .I would use it again in the future , and refer it to friends and family, thank you.

Tony Dowell

December 19th, 2019 New Orleans, LA

I did it to compare it to CreditKarma and found it to e exactly the same but for free.

ROBERT CARRUTHERS

December 19th, 2019 Gastonia, NC

I need a refund. I never applied for an score.

ScoreSense Logo

Reply from ScoreSense

Dec 20, 2019

Hello, thank you for your review. Our Snr Escalations Supervisor has reached out to you regarding your query. Thank you

Charles b

December 19th, 2019 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy and very accurate very simple to do all that u need to do

Latonya Tate

December 18th, 2019 Jackson, TN

Overall easy to understand the layout of the website.

Lisa Hurst

December 18th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was simple to use and I actually compared the results with other credit rating sites. They all were similar.

Jamie S

December 18th, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Prices a bit high. Customer service is good.

Yoanna

December 15th, 2019 Allentown, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst they just charged me 39.95 and 19.95 for the same reason everybody has been saying. It’s Sunday so it’s impossible I can’t even report this to them today. But I’ll make a call as soon as I can’t and if they don’t refund all my 50 dollars all fail a fraud claim simple as that. There’s no reason to be charging 50 bucks for something that’s not even true. It’s was saying my credit as 635 and when I when to get my auto loan my credit was in 562. Same for my husband they said he’s credit was on 545 and he doesn’t have any credit he just started building it. DONT USE THIS IS TRASH

Kelly R

November 21st, 2019 Liverpool, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am disappointed with ScoreSense. I tried them for 7 days because I was applying for an auto loan online & it requested that I sign up with ScoreSense; so I did. then when I was checking my bank account; I seen that they were taking the $29.95 fee out; I called immediately to cancel. Due to when my bank posts things; I was cancelling on day 8. As the 1st rep was explaining to me that he would cancel for me; I was trying to ask about a refund, when the line went dead silent. I called back & explained to the 2nd rep whom I was talking to and that the 1st rep cancelled my account, but I needed to know about a refund. The 2nd rep informed me the account was cancelled; yes sir I was already aware of this. I want to know if there will be a refund or at least a refund request. Finally the 2nd rep stated he would put in the request & I would hear something within 1-2 business days. Not even 24hrs later; I received email from ScoreSense that they will not be refunding the $29.95. Well, I have nothing to show for the $29.95 except a bad taste for ScoreSense. I will not be referring anyone I know to this company. Thank You ScoreSense for the lack of understanding, compassion or good customer service.

TJ

October 29th, 2019 Vancouver, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bad company stay away from them, it’s a scam. Them scam you out of your money and then want to charge you for protection services just like there’s.

JS

October 18th, 2019 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was trying to take a loan and it made me complete a credit check through Scoresense for $1.00. Next thing I know, I was charged $19.95 for 3 months. I called to cancel and get a refund since I never used their service. They cancelled my membership which I didn't know I was a member of and credited me my $1.00. Thanks for my money back. This company is unbelievable. Total Scam. Be careful. I will be blowing up social media with my experience. Hopefully it will stop them stealing peoples money. It's just shady about how they do business.

Angel

October 17th, 2019 Mocksville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I signed up for a free trial, it was a process that went along with a house hunting website. I regret even signing up as I did not need their services but there was no way around it. I canceled my account and they still billed me $29.95. I requested a refund in writing. It took 7 months for them to refund me $1 and email me to let me know they would not refund the $29.95 because they believed I used $29.95 worth of their information. I absolutely do not recommend even trying the free trial. It is a scam to charge you and with no intention on refunding you. You can get all the information they provide and more from credit Karma and it’s free!

Becky

October 13th, 2019 Thomaston, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

FRAUD!! My husband accidentally signed up for this through an apple app. Three months later of trying to cancel with them and finally we stopped payment through our bank. Asked for a refund and they declined. Out of pocket $90 for a fraudulent app. DO NOT USE THEM!!!

Jane

October 12th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Product and service was really helpful as I applied for a mortgage. Made conversation with mortgage broker very easy, and complete access to my credit history gave me confidence and reassurance.

Chas Bonner

October 1st, 2019 Eagle, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have told them to take me off their list from DAY 1, but the bills keep arriving, despite their sending me a notice that my account had been closed last June. My most recent bill was on my VISA account, and posted 8/28/19. I just Googled the company, and their rating is poor.

K Froling

September 29th, 2019 Keene, NH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Avoid ScoreSense at all costs! I signed up for $1, 7-day trial to check my credit. After the 7 days are up they charge your bank account $30/month WITHOUT TELLING YOU that they are doing this. Their emails are vague about your credit being good- no info about charges or payments made. I think this is a violation of your private info and THEFT!

Dr K

July 29th, 2019 League City, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very disappointing! They could not provide me with a history of my monthly payments or direct me on how to find it in the account. They told me to call my bank. Then the guy wanted to know why I was paying for credit monitoring.

Mohammed

July 4th, 2019 Ann Arbor, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Beware, the signup process does not say anything about payments or fees. You will know that after you receive the first $30 or $40 bill. It is a scam.

Don

May 25th, 2019 Saddle Brook, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not do business with this company! I took them up on their 7 day $1.00 trial offer, at the end of seven days I called to cancel per the terms and conditions. Turns out that was on a Sunday and they were closed so I called the next day and discovered they charged my card the $19.95 monthly fee anyway. I called to let them know that the since I couldn't reach them on Sunday they should not have charged my card. They agreed to refund my $19.95 and here I am five days later still waiting. I called my bank and filed a fraud complaint against them. This company is unethical and should be avoided at all costs!

Eleanor Stewart

April 24th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I agree with all the others, ScoreSence is a rip off, which takes advantage of people and trying to get a refunds is a joke. That's how they make their money. NEVER NEVER USE THEM J. Stewart

Gwyn

March 20th, 2019 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I gave permission for them to charge $1.00 to get my credit score. WITHIN 24 HOURS THEY CHARGED MY ACCOUNT $29.95 FOR SOMETHING I NEEEEVER AUTHORIZED!! They then sent me an email telling me my REFUND WAS DENIED!!! I sent another email and haven’t heard back. I AM FILING A COMPLAINT WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF TEXAS!!!

S R

March 15th, 2019 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer service representative blatantly lied to me and tried to claim the company does not sell, trade, or share any personally identifiable information. This is contradictory to their own privacy policy, which explicitly says they sell PII. As soon as I referenced the actual clause in the policy, the representative immediately changed their tone and finally cancelled my account.

Kevin

March 9th, 2019 North Plains, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They scammed me out of $29.95 a month. I didn’t sign up with them. They didn’t even have an account number in my name, no email address either and will not refund my money. Scam, theft whatever you want to call it.

Ketta McLain

December 18th, 2018 Catawba, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Score sense is a complete rip off I cancelled months ago an just found out that they have still been charging me the lady tells me to hold go come back to offer me a better deal knowing that they was wrong in the beginning to continually charging me then places me on hold again to come back an say well we offer fraud protection an keep your account an other information safe I again tell her NO I WANT TO CANCEL IT SHOULD’V Been canceled to be placed back on hold again to come back an say no I’m not going to reimburse you because your account was signed in on a week later after I canceled r u freaking kidding me lies lies lies I never signed back on to the account after it was canceled do not do business with these stealing folks BE AWARE AN STAY AWAY!!!!!

Gary Hilgar

August 24th, 2018 Morgantown, WV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I applied for a loan (that I did not get) and the lending company was in bed with Score Sense. There was a required credit check through Score Sense to apply for the loan. I cannot remember what my initial fee was, although it was less than the $39.95 that some have experienced. My biggest problem is they make it nearly impossible to cancel. Email cancellations are not accepted. I have called several times, and while the customer service people are polite they appear to be trained to launch into a lengthy filibuster and talk in circles until you give up. I have managed to get my monthly fee reduced twice, but would really like to be free from this. There is a section in the Terms and Conditions that gives an address and outlines how to cancel in writing - I am trying that now. I will return with an update as to how that worked. Meanwhile, if you are not yet a Score Sense subscriber, STAY AWAY!

Emily

April 10th, 2018 Munith, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Score Sense is a joke! I wish I could give them zero stars! I signed up for their free trial just to check out their services, and I had cancelled the day before the trial ended, and I was still charged the monthly fee. I called the company as soon as I found out and there was nothing they could do for me, apparently the account cancellation was not processed, and I paid for a membership that I can't even use, because it was cancelled. They did not even offer a refund, when the screw us was on their end.

greg easley

April 10th, 2018 Wichita, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

i paid for 1 week trial and cancelled 1 week later but was charged for the full month and when i called them to have the account reinstated they would not so i paid for the month but was not allowed to use it

Jerry Lachenbruch

February 23rd, 2018 Halsey, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I signed up because my lender for a home loan said it was a good idea. She told us it was free and that I had to enter credit card info for credit check. lol and behold almost a year later my wife found that we had been being charged monthly. We received absolutely nothing for the money. Absolutely aggressive when I called to try to cancel.