ScoreSense Logo

ScoreSense

8.6

ScoreSense aims to empower people with credit insights, tools, and personal support to make better-informed decisions about their financial lives. The company knows that having your credit scores is important, but understanding what’s behind them is critical.

With ScoreSense credit monitoring services, customers can obtain the following and more:

• Daily credit report monitoring
  • Multiple credit alerts
  • Access to credit score updates via a mobile app
  • Up to $1 million in identity theft insurance
  • A variety of credit tools like a credit score simulator
  • Access to an online learning center
  • Assistance from a dedicated credit specialist

Read on to learn more about ScoreSense’s credit monitoring services and to see verified customer reviews.

The Good

• Reports and Scores from All 3 Credit Bureaus
  • Daily Credit Monitoring and Alerts
  • $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance
  • Credit Insights
  • Credit Report Analysis
  • Credit Score Tracker
  • Credit Score Simulator
  • Mobile App

Reports and Scores from All 3 Credit Bureaus

ScoreSense offers solid credit report coverage by providing customers with full access to their credit reports and their VantageScore credit scores from all three major credit bureaus — Transunion, Equifax, and Experian.

Members can simply log into the company’s mobile app or website to refresh their credit information every month.

Daily Credit Monitoring and Alerts

Daily Credit Monitoring alerts consumers to catch any suspicious activity that may pose a threat to their credit and overall identity.

According to the company’s corporate website, ScoreSense can send alerts related to the following:

• New credit inquiries
  • New accounts
  • Delinquent accounts
  • New bankruptcies
  • New public records
  • New addresses

Customers can receive these types of alerts through email and their online ScoreSense member portal.

$1 Million Identity Theft Insurance

ScoreSense members are eligible for up to $1 million identity theft insurance to cover the costs related to fraud recovery.

This coverage provides financial reimbursement for documented, out-of-pocket identity restoration costs, legal defense expenses, and lost wages.

Credit Insights

ScoreSense analyzes members’ latest credit data to help them understand their credit scores.

ScoreSense acknowledges that not all lenders use the same credit bureau to check consumers’ credit — and consumers’ scores may not all be the same.

ScoreSense shows members which factors are most affecting each of their credit scores, so consumers know where they stand no matter which bureau lenders use.

Credit Report Analysis

ScoreSense compares members’ TransUnion credit report, Equifax credit report, and Experian credit report to identify account discrepancies that may affect their credit scores.

Credit Score Tracker

Consumers’ scores change as new information is added to their reports. In today’s world, it’s critical to stay informed.

ScoreSense has a feature that plots members’ current scores and tracks their score progress month to month and provides details about what most affects your scores.

Credit Score Simulator

In addition to CreditSense and an extensive library of educational financial and credit articles, ScoreSense provides members with a credit score simulator tool.

This credit score simulator tool allows members to see how different actions, such as opening a new account or paying off a credit card, might affect their estimated credit score.

Mobile App

The ScoreSense App is available in both the Apple (iPhone and iPad) and Android app stores.

It provides users with access to all three credit scores and reports on the go, provides users with score tracking over time and credit insights, allows users to set credit goals, and more.

The Bad

• ScoreCast™ and ScoreTracker™
  • Consumer Complaints

ScoreCast™ and ScoreTracker™

If consumers read ScoreSense's terms and conditions, they will learn that the credit scores provided to them via ScoreCast and ScoreTracker are not FICO scores.

This is extremely important to note because the FICO scoring model is taken into consideration by the majority of lenders.

Additionally, consumers should know that signing up with ScoreSense means they "acknowledge and agree to all of the following regarding ScoreCast ("SC") and ScoreTracker ("ST"):

• Neither SC nor ST provide any guarantee of any specific scores but are only simulations to demonstrate how certain actions by you might affect your credit scores.
  • Neither SC nor ST provide any guarantee that any action by you will have any effect on your credit scores.
  • Both SC and ST show the possible effects of a single variable on your credit scores, whereas your actual credit scores are determined by factoring in multiple variables simultaneously.
  • Neither SC nor ST factor in the recalibration of scoring systems by the entities that create or use the scoring systems.
  • Neither SC nor ST factor in the effect of data discrepancies or changes that may occur to the data used to determine your actual credit scores, due to circumstances beyond your control.

Consumer Complaints

When it comes to ScoreSense's products and services, the majority of reviews are positive. However, there are a some customers had issues with automatic billing and canceling accounts.

Automatic billing

Many people sign up for ScoreSense's 7-day free trial. However, after the trial is over, customers are automatically billed the monthly fee of $29.95.

This automatic billing has caught many customers off-guard and resulted in consumers paying monthly fees for a service they were no longer using.

Canceling accounts

Unfortunately, some customers had an unpleasant experience when trying to cancel their ScoreSense trial or subscription.

Several of the reviews state that when calling to cancel, they were pressured into continuing their service (even after they said they didn't want to) or told their service was discontinued but were then still charged (and never received a refund).

The only way to cancel is by calling the company at the toll-free number that appears on the site. Additionally, consumers can only call during the company's hours:

Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CST)
Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST)
Sunday, 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (CST)

If you do not have a phone, you can cancel via online chat or by writing to ScoreSense. You cannot cancel via email, and ScoreSense does not provide prorated refunds. Those with Basic Products can simply cancel through their member portal.

The Bottom Line

ScoreSense is a fantastic resource if you're looking to monitor or improve your credit score. With ScoreSense, you get monthly reports from all three major credit bureaus and a plethora of credit-building tools. These tools are not only useful for understanding your current score but how your future actions will impact your report and score.

ScoreSense's ScoreCast tool is an excellent feature as it allows you to see what would happen if you miss a payment or take out a new loan. The ScoreTracker enables you to track your monthly progress — making it easier to reach your credit goals.

Additionally ScoreSense customers can receive up to $1 million in identity theft insurance, access to a dedicated credit specialist, the ability to access updates via a mobile app and online portal, and more.

ScoreSense also offers a free 7-day trial, where you can test out everything before committing to a subscription. However, if you plan on canceling, be sure to do it within the trial time frame to avoid paying the monthly fee.

Interested parties can contact the company, sign up for a free trial, and read several ScoreSense reviews to get a better grasp of what ScoreSense has to offer in terms of credit monitoring services.

3.6

Gordaa Maldonado San Bernardino, CA

So far I love score sense I was paying $14.99 with Experian app and it never showed me my credit score it always told me it was unavailable I decided to get a different app and score sense is the perfect app for my no problem at all and I’m able to see my credit score from 3

Ed Wiggins Coldwater, MS

Easy to access. Contained valuable information

Jenni Neal Colorado Springs, CO

This site piggy backs off sites that are free. Then can't reach anyone to cancel account. Do not use this site.

Gabriela Torres Jacksonville, FL

I was actually surprise with this program, I can honestly say I am VERY SATISFIED. I usually have a hard time whenever I try to see or pull my credit, but this time I can honestly say it was a fast & easy process. Thanks ❤️

Joseph Stines Pompano Beach, FL

Thankfully I was able to see my credit score and report so now I have to find out how to use the Automator so far its not only the fastest way but the easiest way to get all three of them so quickly

Christine Baltezore Granbury, TX

So far so good. Received my information right away.

Layne Keller Camillus, NY

I fond too little information on my personal accounts, and I find no explanation of how the credit scores reported compare to the credit score reported to lenders and there is sometimes a significant difference.

Connie Graham Oxford, AL

Very easy to navigate and gave me a forecast of what to expect

Larry Charles Kull Newport, MI

I WAS SOMEWHAT SATIOZFIED IT DID/T SHOW BE SIDE GREDIT CARDS WHO i had bad GREDIT WITH

Herman Lake Worth, FL

Excellent customer service very satisfying answered to all my questions

Joanne Rivera Brooklyn, NY

charging a 29.95 fee without my permission

Janice Hill ,

Was great and very professional. I really enjoyed the help.I really enjoyed the working with the customer service.

Keith l Harris Washington, DC

so far so good valuable information . Still getting a feel

Cynthia ,

It showed me exactly what I needed to know in order to get a better score

Margaret Levi-Carter Hayward, CA

user friendly and the process of applying is simple

karen Kallon Fort Worth, TX

The lady that called she explained everything really well

Shuntell Atlanta, GA

How fast I got my scores back. Plus they offer to help me build up my credit.

shawn lyons ,

I used the app to check my credit..I unsubscribed right after I set it up..I notice I'm being billed and contact the company..they tell me that I unsubscribed from email and mail but not my account..so I cancel again and still get charged now I call again for the second time to get it fixed and they tell me it's justified billing..now who unsubscribes from email and mail but still wants your service..mind u they told me they can see that I never used the account but refuse to reimburse me mind you I had to call again because I can't receive emails from the cause I unsubscribed...THE WORST COMPANY pay attention they will charge you regardless if u unsubscribe or not..then they will fight you on giving your money back..don't get screwed like I did..STAY CLEAR of this app it is a big rip off and they will continue to bill you regardless..check your options before you use this app..you will regret it

Walter Kummer Seymour, CT

I never received any reports about my credit. I called and tried to cancel my account. After trying to get me to choose a product at a lower price, the first representative hung up on me. That person hung up on me. After a minimal time trying to sell me another product, I called back and got a Rep. that actually canceled my account.

Jrcooper290 Washington, DC

It was great and straight to the point 👍🏾

Atora Guyton Dallas, TX

Never received my credit but my credit card was charged 19.95. I thought I cancelled my order if it didn't go threw than you please cancel my order for me. Thanks

Amanda Bribiesca Stockton, CA

I like the option to see how different changes Will effect your score

david Nashville, TN

It was good. I got the information I needed thank you.

Jacquelyn Jackson Fort Lauderdale, FL

The score provided for the 3 agencies were not accurate. I was directed to the credit health tab applied for a loan which i was prompted as having good results for approval. I was denied by the company as they stated my credit score was 100 points less than what you showed you showed 656 for Transunion they 556. I was very disappointed. Before i cancel i will follow up with Transunion for an explanation. Not a paying customer as i wanted to compare your co. with the free companies. I need to know what I'm paying for.

Ablinds Hayward, CA

Very easy to use. Site is very user friendly

Lauren La Magna Mount Vernon, NY

Quick and easy -- this made it very clear of what my 3 scores are and the breakdown

Mcc.1977 Belvidere, IL

The site is very user friendly! So anxious to start rebuilding my credit!

Tiffany Hoeppner Oscoda, MI

Easy to navigate. I don't really know what else to say

Daniele Brown Adelanto, CA

I had an owner try and lie about what my score was and you all saved me. Thank you so much♡

Audrey Ellis Sacramento, CA

Was easily able to navigate the website!

Gail Vinyard Grants Pass, OR

So far it has been a good experience.I was able to log on with no problem and get my score quickly. I would recommend this site to my friends.

Venita Sparrow Newark, DE

Thanks for the information, there are a few things I need to follow up on. Also will there be reimbursement of my one dollar back to my account? Thought it was free.

R.L. Morris Pearland, TX

Process was quick and simple. Thanks !!

Fred Hawthorne, NJ

The service was quick and inexpensive. I just hope Accurate!!

Dionna Leonard Saginaw, MI

Don't really tell me anything all the stuff on there no names on accounts closed but still there

Andrea Davis Phoenix, AZ

nice. company lining as customer service

Judith Hull Santa Paula, CA

I don't want a monthly subscription that I have to pay for. The info was received very quickly and efficiently.

Michael Salandy Atlanta, GA

Information was informative and helpful to me

carole lomax ,

Easy to read. Will use in the future. Thanks

David Yancy Las Vegas, NV

My experience so far has been positive. I received my credit reports and I am reviewing them now. Once I have finalized my review, I will begin using the materials and other outlets ScoreSense has provided to correct any negative reporting.

Gregory Roberson Orlando, FL

It was convenient to get the three reporting agencies at the same time, thus saving time. I didn't have any dislikes. Keep up the good work.

Elizabeth A Robinson Philadelphia, PA

It was quick and accurate.. Had some important information.. Thanks

Joe Freeze Toledo, OH

A nice and easy piece of software to use and understand

Bobby R. Gay Carthage, NC

It not only gave me my credit reports, but the credit scores were included, too!

tysha reed Hanover, PA

It gave accurate information. I was pleased with the credit options available

Terry Smith Page, AZ

It was simple and easy to use. No hassles

Samantha Rykal Lake in the Hills, IL

They are able to look for credit cards that you may want to apply for today to help you with your financial planning and scores

PSCHINEL Concord, NH

Everything went smoothly. Got my scores without any hassle. Thanks.

Mary Kennemur Burbank, CA

It was simple quick and very easy to use and understand

DeDe McGraw Dallas, TX

I have been on several platforms and ScoreSense seems to be the easiest to navigate and understand.