ScoreSense aims to empower people with credit insights, tools, and personal support to make better-informed decisions about their financial lives. The company knows that having your credit scores is important, but understanding what’s behind them is critical.

With ScoreSense credit monitoring services, customers can obtain the following and more:

• Daily credit report monitoring
  • Multiple credit alerts
  • Access to credit score updates via a mobile app
  • Up to $1 million in identity theft insurance
  • A variety of credit tools like a credit score simulator
  • Access to an online learning center
  • Assistance from a dedicated credit specialist

Read on to learn more about ScoreSense’s credit monitoring services and to see verified customer reviews.

The Good

• Reports and Scores from All 3 Credit Bureaus
  • Daily Credit Monitoring and Alerts
  • $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance
  • Credit Insights
  • Credit Report Analysis
  • Credit Score Tracker
  • Credit Score Simulator
  • Mobile App

Reports and Scores from All 3 Credit Bureaus

ScoreSense offers solid credit report coverage by providing customers with full access to their credit reports and their VantageScore credit scores from all three major credit bureaus — Transunion, Equifax, and Experian.

Members can simply log into the company’s mobile app or website to refresh their credit information every month.

Daily Credit Monitoring and Alerts

Daily Credit Monitoring alerts consumers to catch any suspicious activity that may pose a threat to their credit and overall identity.

According to the company’s corporate website, ScoreSense can send alerts related to the following:

• New credit inquiries
  • New accounts
  • Delinquent accounts
  • New bankruptcies
  • New public records
  • New addresses

Customers can receive these types of alerts through email and their online ScoreSense member portal.

$1 Million Identity Theft Insurance

ScoreSense members are eligible for up to $1 million identity theft insurance to cover the costs related to fraud recovery.

This coverage provides financial reimbursement for documented, out-of-pocket identity restoration costs, legal defense expenses, and lost wages.

Credit Insights

ScoreSense analyzes members’ latest credit data to help them understand their credit scores.

ScoreSense acknowledges that not all lenders use the same credit bureau to check consumers’ credit — and consumers’ scores may not all be the same.

ScoreSense shows members which factors are most affecting each of their credit scores, so consumers know where they stand no matter which bureau lenders use.

Credit Report Analysis

ScoreSense compares members’ TransUnion credit report, Equifax credit report, and Experian credit report to identify account discrepancies that may affect their credit scores.

Credit Score Tracker

Consumers’ scores change as new information is added to their reports. In today’s world, it’s critical to stay informed.

ScoreSense has a feature that plots members’ current scores and tracks their score progress month to month and provides details about what most affects your scores.

Credit Score Simulator

In addition to CreditSense and an extensive library of educational financial and credit articles, ScoreSense provides members with a credit score simulator tool.

This credit score simulator tool allows members to see how different actions, such as opening a new account or paying off a credit card, might affect their estimated credit score.

Mobile App

The ScoreSense App is available in both the Apple (iPhone and iPad) and Android app stores.

It provides users with access to all three credit scores and reports on the go, provides users with score tracking over time and credit insights, allows users to set credit goals, and more.

The Bad

• ScoreCast™ and ScoreTracker™
  • Consumer Complaints

ScoreCast™ and ScoreTracker™

If consumers read ScoreSense's terms and conditions, they will learn that the credit scores provided to them via ScoreCast and ScoreTracker are not FICO scores.

This is extremely important to note because the FICO scoring model is taken into consideration by the majority of lenders.

Additionally, consumers should know that signing up with ScoreSense means they "acknowledge and agree to all of the following regarding ScoreCast ("SC") and ScoreTracker ("ST"):

• Neither SC nor ST provide any guarantee of any specific scores but are only simulations to demonstrate how certain actions by you might affect your credit scores.
  • Neither SC nor ST provide any guarantee that any action by you will have any effect on your credit scores.
  • Both SC and ST show the possible effects of a single variable on your credit scores, whereas your actual credit scores are determined by factoring in multiple variables simultaneously.
  • Neither SC nor ST factor in the recalibration of scoring systems by the entities that create or use the scoring systems.
  • Neither SC nor ST factor in the effect of data discrepancies or changes that may occur to the data used to determine your actual credit scores, due to circumstances beyond your control.

Consumer Complaints

When it comes to ScoreSense's products and services, the majority of reviews are positive. However, there are a some customers had issues with automatic billing and canceling accounts.

Automatic billing

Many people sign up for ScoreSense's 7-day free trial. However, after the trial is over, customers are automatically billed the monthly fee of $29.95.

This automatic billing has caught many customers off-guard and resulted in consumers paying monthly fees for a service they were no longer using.

Canceling accounts

Unfortunately, some customers had an unpleasant experience when trying to cancel their ScoreSense trial or subscription.

Several of the reviews state that when calling to cancel, they were pressured into continuing their service (even after they said they didn't want to) or told their service was discontinued but were then still charged (and never received a refund).

The only way to cancel is by calling the company at the toll-free number that appears on the site. Additionally, consumers can only call during the company's hours:

Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CST)
Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST)
Sunday, 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (CST)

If you do not have a phone, you can cancel via online chat or by writing to ScoreSense. You cannot cancel via email, and ScoreSense does not provide prorated refunds. Those with Basic Products can simply cancel through their member portal.

The Bottom Line

ScoreSense is a fantastic resource if you're looking to monitor or improve your credit score. With ScoreSense, you get monthly reports from all three major credit bureaus and a plethora of credit-building tools. These tools are not only useful for understanding your current score but how your future actions will impact your report and score.

ScoreSense's ScoreCast tool is an excellent feature as it allows you to see what would happen if you miss a payment or take out a new loan. The ScoreTracker enables you to track your monthly progress — making it easier to reach your credit goals.

Additionally ScoreSense customers can receive up to $1 million in identity theft insurance, access to a dedicated credit specialist, the ability to access updates via a mobile app and online portal, and more.

ScoreSense also offers a free 7-day trial, where you can test out everything before committing to a subscription. However, if you plan on canceling, be sure to do it within the trial time frame to avoid paying the monthly fee.

Interested parties can contact the company, sign up for a free trial, and read several ScoreSense reviews to get a better grasp of what ScoreSense has to offer in terms of credit monitoring services.

3.5

Jrcooper290

June 23rd, 2020 Washington, DC

It was great and straight to the point 👍🏾

Atora Guyton

June 13th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Never received my credit but my credit card was charged 19.95. I thought I cancelled my order if it didn't go threw than you please cancel my order for me. Thanks

Amanda Bribiesca

June 1st, 2020 Stockton, CA

I like the option to see how different changes Will effect your score

david

May 29th, 2020 Nashville, TN

It was good. I got the information I needed thank you.

Jacquelyn Jackson

May 27th, 2020 Fort Lauderdale, FL

The score provided for the 3 agencies were not accurate. I was directed to the credit health tab applied for a loan which i was prompted as having good results for approval. I was denied by the company as they stated my credit score was 100 points less than what you showed you showed 656 for Transunion they 556. I was very disappointed. Before i cancel i will follow up with Transunion for an explanation. Not a paying customer as i wanted to compare your co. with the free companies. I need to know what I'm paying for.

Ablinds

May 26th, 2020 Hayward, CA

Very easy to use. Site is very user friendly

Lauren La Magna

May 20th, 2020 Mount Vernon, NY

Quick and easy -- this made it very clear of what my 3 scores are and the breakdown

Mcc.1977

May 20th, 2020 Belvidere, IL

The site is very user friendly! So anxious to start rebuilding my credit!

Tiffany Hoeppner

May 19th, 2020 Oscoda, MI

Easy to navigate. I don't really know what else to say

Daniele Brown

May 18th, 2020 Adelanto, CA

I had an owner try and lie about what my score was and you all saved me. Thank you so much♡

Audrey Ellis

May 15th, 2020 Sacramento, CA

Was easily able to navigate the website!

Gail Vinyard

May 15th, 2020 Grants Pass, OR

So far it has been a good experience.I was able to log on with no problem and get my score quickly. I would recommend this site to my friends.

Venita Sparrow

May 11th, 2020 Newark, DE

Thanks for the information, there are a few things I need to follow up on. Also will there be reimbursement of my one dollar back to my account? Thought it was free.

R.L. Morris

May 8th, 2020 Pearland, TX

Process was quick and simple. Thanks !!

Fred

May 8th, 2020 Hawthorne, NJ

The service was quick and inexpensive. I just hope Accurate!!

Dionna Leonard

May 5th, 2020 Saginaw, MI

Don't really tell me anything all the stuff on there no names on accounts closed but still there

Andrea Davis

May 5th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

nice. company lining as customer service

Judith Hull

May 4th, 2020 Santa Paula, CA

I don't want a monthly subscription that I have to pay for. The info was received very quickly and efficiently.

Michael Salandy

May 1st, 2020 Atlanta, GA

Information was informative and helpful to me

carole lomax

April 29th, 2020 ,

Easy to read. Will use in the future. Thanks

David Yancy

April 28th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV

My experience so far has been positive. I received my credit reports and I am reviewing them now. Once I have finalized my review, I will begin using the materials and other outlets ScoreSense has provided to correct any negative reporting.

Gregory Roberson

April 28th, 2020 Orlando, FL

It was convenient to get the three reporting agencies at the same time, thus saving time. I didn't have any dislikes. Keep up the good work.

Elizabeth A Robinson

April 28th, 2020 Philadelphia, PA

It was quick and accurate.. Had some important information.. Thanks

Joe Freeze

April 27th, 2020 Toledo, OH

A nice and easy piece of software to use and understand

Bobby R. Gay

April 27th, 2020 Carthage, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It not only gave me my credit reports, but the credit scores were included, too!

tysha reed

April 27th, 2020 Hanover, PA

It gave accurate information. I was pleased with the credit options available

Terry Smith

April 24th, 2020 Page, AZ

It was simple and easy to use. No hassles

Samantha Rykal

April 24th, 2020 Lake in the Hills, IL

They are able to look for credit cards that you may want to apply for today to help you with your financial planning and scores

PSCHINEL

April 24th, 2020 Concord, NH

Everything went smoothly. Got my scores without any hassle. Thanks.

Mary Kennemur

April 22nd, 2020 Burbank, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was simple quick and very easy to use and understand

DeDe McGraw

April 21st, 2020 Dallas, TX

I have been on several platforms and ScoreSense seems to be the easiest to navigate and understand.

Julia McLain

April 21st, 2020 Atlanta, GA

Great service, offers complete information

Margaret McGuinn

April 17th, 2020 Asheville, NC

Readily available credit scores. Able to build good credit.

Preston Williams

April 17th, 2020 Sterling Heights, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The best thing I like about two services you give all three credit reports at the same time.

Tammy Nord

April 17th, 2020 Moorhead, MN

It’s ok. Fast and easy. Able to get all things needed

Muriel Lee

April 17th, 2020 Chesapeake, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was very helpful, very simple and broke it down

kayla williams

April 5th, 2020 Adelanto, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I don’t like the cost I do like that it has all 3 credit scores. Wish some things gave better details. Like when the actual account was opened before collections.

David

March 25th, 2020 Mifflinburg, PA

I needed my scores to apply for a loan. ScoreSense delivered my scores quickly. Thank you.

Dean Hutchins

March 24th, 2020 Beaverton, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The sight provides what is promised. My only "con" is that the way I came in it took me a long time to find out the actual product I was being offered, and what it would cost.

Carl Hanson

March 21st, 2020 Salina, KS

I had a very good experience with ScoreSense. I really liked getting my credit scores so quickly. I would definitely recommend ScoreSense to others .

Amy Fisher

March 20th, 2020 Redwood City, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I expected to a free credit report, so did not expect to have to open an account. I got what I wanted, so would like to cancel this account at this time,

Darrel Parham-Watson

March 20th, 2020 Castro Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ease of enrollment and use. Was surprised to see my credit scores were almost the same.

Judith A Raymer

March 19th, 2020 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was surprised my scores were that high since I haven't had any bills for a while. I paid off everything 3 or 4 years ago. My husband died in 2015 & I knew I had to watch what I bought. I'm not complaining!

Alphonso Capers Jr

March 18th, 2020 Arlington, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am trying understand why I am paying for this service that I can get for free.

Mike Hargrave

March 17th, 2020 Sumter, SC

Thank you for the free credit report. Just to let you know that Equifax wasn't up to date. I was late on a bill and it brought me from 829 down to 677. After I paid the bill, it only went back to 765.

China Doll

March 10th, 2020 Baltimore, MD

It was able to bring up something I didn't know I had on my record and I am able to fight what's on it because it shouldn't be. Thank You for that.

Michael Rodgers

March 10th, 2020 Carlsbad, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

NOW I GET 50 SPAM emails daily Checking in on Mortgage Rates and was directed to this site to check credit score. That was my 1st Mistake Immediately contacted them to cancel They billed me anyways In the meantime I began getting dozens of Spam and Junk emails Had to call a 2nd time to cancel - they just kept trying to sell me I kept asking about Spam emails - she didn't answer the question just kept moving on her script to sell me

Adrianne Simoneaux

March 10th, 2020 Slidell, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like how fast I was able to see my score

Jamie Marsh

March 8th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

Very informative way of providing you of your current credit status and instructive direction on how to improve your credit score with many resources that are available to assist you with your credit goals

Ramon Capetillo

March 6th, 2020 Lynwood, CA

Interface was easy to use nice and detailed, I like the fact there's plenty of information to help you to fix your credit.