Best Company Guarantee ScoreSense Logo

ScoreSense

8.2

LAST UPDATED: June 22nd, 2022

ScoreSense aims to empower people with credit insights, tools, and personal support to make better-informed decisions about their financial lives. The company knows that having your credit scores is important, but understanding what’s behind them is critical.

With ScoreSense credit monitoring services, customers can obtain the following and more:

• Daily credit report monitoring
  • Multiple credit alerts
  • Access to credit score updates via a mobile app
  • Up to $1 million in identity theft insurance
  • A variety of credit tools like a credit score simulator
  • Access to an online learning center
  • Assistance from a dedicated credit specialist

Read on to learn more about ScoreSense’s credit monitoring services and to see verified customer reviews.

The Good

• Reports and Scores from All 3 Credit Bureaus
  • Daily Credit Monitoring and Alerts
  • $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance
  • Credit Insights
  • Credit Report Analysis
  • Credit Score Tracker
  • Credit Score Simulator
  • Mobile App

Reports and Scores from All 3 Credit Bureaus

ScoreSense offers solid credit report coverage by providing customers with full access to their credit reports and their VantageScore credit scores from all three major credit bureaus — Transunion, Equifax, and Experian.

Members can simply log into the company’s mobile app or website to refresh their credit information every month.

Daily Credit Monitoring and Alerts

Daily Credit Monitoring alerts consumers to catch any suspicious activity that may pose a threat to their credit and overall identity.

According to the company’s corporate website, ScoreSense can send alerts related to the following:

• New credit inquiries
  • New accounts
  • Delinquent accounts
  • New bankruptcies
  • New public records
  • New addresses

Customers can receive these types of alerts through email and their online ScoreSense member portal.

$1 Million Identity Theft Insurance

ScoreSense members are eligible for up to $1 million identity theft insurance to cover the costs related to fraud recovery.

This coverage provides financial reimbursement for documented, out-of-pocket identity restoration costs, legal defense expenses, and lost wages.

Credit Insights

ScoreSense analyzes members’ latest credit data to help them understand their credit scores.

ScoreSense acknowledges that not all lenders use the same credit bureau to check consumers’ credit — and consumers’ scores may not all be the same.

ScoreSense shows members which factors are most affecting each of their credit scores, so consumers know where they stand no matter which bureau lenders use.

Credit Report Analysis

ScoreSense compares members’ TransUnion credit report, Equifax credit report, and Experian credit report to identify account discrepancies that may affect their credit scores.

Credit Score Tracker

Consumers’ scores change as new information is added to their reports. In today’s world, it’s critical to stay informed.

ScoreSense has a feature that plots members’ current scores and tracks their score progress month to month and provides details about what most affects your scores.

Credit Score Simulator

In addition to CreditSense and an extensive library of educational financial and credit articles, ScoreSense provides members with a credit score simulator tool.

This credit score simulator tool allows members to see how different actions, such as opening a new account or paying off a credit card, might affect their estimated credit score.

Mobile App

The ScoreSense App is available in both the Apple (iPhone and iPad) and Android app stores.

It provides users with access to all three credit scores and reports on the go, provides users with score tracking over time and credit insights, allows users to set credit goals, and more.

The Bad

• ScoreCast™ and ScoreTracker™
  • Consumer Complaints

ScoreCast™ and ScoreTracker™

If consumers read ScoreSense's terms and conditions, they will learn that the credit scores provided to them via ScoreCast and ScoreTracker are not FICO scores.

This is extremely important to note because the FICO scoring model is taken into consideration by the majority of lenders.

Additionally, consumers should know that signing up with ScoreSense means they "acknowledge and agree to all of the following regarding ScoreCast ("SC") and ScoreTracker ("ST"):

• Neither SC nor ST provide any guarantee of any specific scores but are only simulations to demonstrate how certain actions by you might affect your credit scores.
  • Neither SC nor ST provide any guarantee that any action by you will have any effect on your credit scores.
  • Both SC and ST show the possible effects of a single variable on your credit scores, whereas your actual credit scores are determined by factoring in multiple variables simultaneously.
  • Neither SC nor ST factor in the recalibration of scoring systems by the entities that create or use the scoring systems.
  • Neither SC nor ST factor in the effect of data discrepancies or changes that may occur to the data used to determine your actual credit scores, due to circumstances beyond your control.

Consumer Complaints

When it comes to ScoreSense's products and services, the majority of reviews are positive. However, there are a some customers had issues with automatic billing and canceling accounts.

Automatic billing

Many people sign up for ScoreSense's 7-day free trial. However, after the trial is over, customers are automatically billed the monthly fee of $29.95.

This automatic billing has caught many customers off-guard and resulted in consumers paying monthly fees for a service they were no longer using.

Canceling accounts

Unfortunately, some customers had an unpleasant experience when trying to cancel their ScoreSense trial or subscription.

Several of the reviews state that when calling to cancel, they were pressured into continuing their service (even after they said they didn't want to) or told their service was discontinued but were then still charged (and never received a refund).

The only way to cancel is by calling the company at the toll-free number that appears on the site. Additionally, consumers can only call during the company's hours:

Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CST)
Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST)
Sunday, 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (CST)

If you do not have a phone, you can cancel via online chat or by writing to ScoreSense. You cannot cancel via email, and ScoreSense does not provide prorated refunds. Those with Basic Products can simply cancel through their member portal.

The Bottom Line

ScoreSense is a fantastic resource if you're looking to monitor or improve your credit score. With ScoreSense, you get monthly reports from all three major credit bureaus and a plethora of credit-building tools. These tools are not only useful for understanding your current score but how your future actions will impact your report and score.

ScoreSense's ScoreCast tool is an excellent feature as it allows you to see what would happen if you miss a payment or take out a new loan. The ScoreTracker enables you to track your monthly progress — making it easier to reach your credit goals.

Additionally ScoreSense customers can receive up to $1 million in identity theft insurance, access to a dedicated credit specialist, the ability to access updates via a mobile app and online portal, and more.

ScoreSense also offers a free 7-day trial, where you can test out everything before committing to a subscription. However, if you plan on canceling, be sure to do it within the trial time frame to avoid paying the monthly fee.

Interested parties can contact the company, sign up for a free trial, and read several ScoreSense reviews to get a better grasp of what ScoreSense has to offer in terms of credit monitoring services.

bestcompany guarantee

Best Company guarantees your satisfaction if you choose a company that has earned this distinction. If you're not satisfied after 30 days, simply let us know and we'll give you $100. Yes, it's really that simple.

Learn More

3.7

Ester P Sault Ste. Marie, MI

Put in my info and I had no credit score at all ! So they soaked me for the 2.00 or whatever for no information and now have my information . I truly thought they were a repetal company apparently not ! Buyer's beware!

Regina Allen Los Angeles, CA

Do not have the right information in my credit file I am sure because I am in more than one program with Experian. I wanted to go months with Scoresense but I am reluctant because of the big difference in reporting on my report.

Donna Conzett Cisco, TX

ScoreSense offers more than just your credit scores. They offer real-life solutions for managing and raising your credit scores. What I didn't like about ScoreSense is that I felt bullied into using and subscribing to their service, when I already knew all 3 of my scores.

John Manion Denver, CO

It is easy to use and keeps me up to date on my credit history

Cheeter Karnas Montclair, NJ

I received my report and there were many discrepancies on both Score Sence and on things from reporting Agencies that were Inaccurate. One, Bank of America, the amount is only around 2000$ or Less, , all Both Proceed finance, loans were paid off in 16 months, I had 48 months to pay it off but loans are closed do to full payments, you showed 3 priced account that were correct at first in December of 2019, there mistake there were only 2 account’s, one was canceled do to changing my mind to do a full procedure. There was one small collection, for less then 200 dollars with a hospital, CMRE, I was in for a heart attack, got out, made two payments and was back in a mouth and a half lxAter with bad Pneumonia sickness , missed one payment and went right into collections and payed balance off Immediately!!!! It was less then 88$ by then. On my Credit Cards, I like to pay them off ASAP, but realized I Was not getting my true rewards so on my PNC, Card I leave the balance until I get my bill then pay them to get my rewards!!!! I noticed this issue when my rewards were not going up and was told I pay them to soon so wait until I receive my statement before paining them!!!! And I have a total of 7 open credit card accounts, I’m not sure if that’s the same you have?????Thank You Sincerely Chester A K Jr.

Paula Hamlet, NC

I have been with score sense for over 10 years and my rate was locked in at $9.95 a month. I get alerts, education about my score, and all three credit scores along with all three credit reports. The only issue that I've ever had was my misunderstanding of my credit score vs. my FICO score because I was trying to apply for a car loan. I called Score Sense immediately and was given a thorough understanding of the difference. There is a lot to learn about your credit and I have to admit that I didn't know much at all. But I know enough now to know that credit monitoring through Score Sense was the best decision that I've ever made.

Erika Zamora Monticello, IN

Fast and Easy.. I totally recommend it to my family and friends

lorendue Victorville, CA

I have a lot to learn and I want my credit score to reach 800. this company has a model website that helps you to navigate to various areas of concern about your credit. You are able to review you credit from the vantage point of Experian, Equifax and Trans-Union: you have the ability to utilize this portal to do all your repairs from here. The whole idea that you have everything in one place to start and review makes it easier so that you are consistent and in harmony with each of the three main credit reviewers. It also has credit monitoring and $1,000,000 policy for Identity theft. I highly recommend this site for someone who desires to take charge of their credit.

William Turner Gilbertsville, PA

My experience with"Score Sense" was genuine and pleasant. the agent" Geejay" was awesome as I felt every confidence in the world that she would be able to help out in my situation. I held positive vibes from beginning to end. If a person in whatever profession they're in gives you hope, then a person can feel better about himself and awake the next day with the sensation that life will be better and happier in the future.

Tech 1 Abbadi

I have emailed the company and requested a refund 2times and still not a single reply. I am disappointed because I sold my self on dealing with this “best company “ I would please like a response from customer service

Trinika Madison, WI

It really helped me understand me credit score, also gave me information to help improve my credit score.

Steve Swan Spencerport, NY

tried 7 day trial,called to cancel,rep assured me there would be no monthly charge..got bank statement saw Scoresense charged 30. to my account.called and asked for credit of 30 fee but was denied!!! This is a credit monitor company that must makes there money by ripping off trial members!!!

Martha Taylor Washington, DC

I liked the opportunity to check my scores and reports, using a week's free trial. To cancel, I called within the first week.

Normakay Schade MN

It was very nice indeed.. I really enjoyed it.. Thank you..Everything was at my finger tips.. In other words it was totally AWESOME!! 👍

Tim Boca Raton, FL

Rip off site. I used the free trial and forgot to cancel after the initial period. I did call and cancel it about a month later. However I saw just recently I was continuing to be billed. They took over two hundred dollars out of my account. I called again and was told that this time it was definitely being canceled and that they would review my charges and that if I hadn't used the site I would receive a refund for the past charges. I received an email today saying they are only refunding the last month because I canceled after the trial. DO NOT use this site it is a scam. Now I have to go through the headache of canceling my account and reporting them for fraudulent charges.

Asif Latif Staten Island, NY

very professional and inexpensive and satisfied

Ciearah S. Whitfield Jacksonville, FL

It was easy and simple to do ☺️Highly recommended

EW TOWNSEND Conway, AR

good better scoring haven't got the report yet

Therease Mcleroy Higgins, TX

I haven't checked my credit score in a while it's been a year I should know better I'm glad I did cuz there are things on there that I did not do and I need to find out who did them and where they came from cuz I live in Texas I do not go to Oklahoma City and get this money that's ruining my credit but you guys are great thank you

Gordaa Maldonado San Bernardino, CA

So far I love score sense I was paying $14.99 with Experian app and it never showed me my credit score it always told me it was unavailable I decided to get a different app and score sense is the perfect app for my no problem at all and I’m able to see my credit score from 3

David Yancy Las Vegas, NV

My experience so far has been positive. I received my credit reports and I am reviewing them now. Once I have finalized my review, I will begin using the materials and other outlets ScoreSense has provided to correct any negative reporting.

jencenscore35 Lawrenceburg, IN

I can use just 1 company to check my accounts, where I was using 4 different companies to get my information. way to go Scoresense!! you made my life easier and I feel Safer today with you! plus they gave me a discount so I could afford to keep it!! Thank You, Score Sense

Marvin L Herren jr Pompano Beach, FL

Hello, yes i did get my score and i will say that it was the easiest credit check site i have ever entered. Thank you for the easy access. I will use this site often, and will delete the other credit apps on my phone. Also, i appreciate allthe other imformation on the site. Thank you Marvin Herren.

Winn Gillette Rancho Mirage, CA

I was pleasantly surprised at the three 3 credit bureau credit rating scores. ScoreSense was easy to access and comprehend. Everything was logically laid out and "up to date". I didn't have a printer near by, but that can be done later. No problem. It well worth the cost, as well as and the peace of mind that it provided.

rahn osborne La Quinta, CA

It was very simple! I thought it would be challenging, thanks for a great experience!

Melanie Moore Phoenix, AZ

Scoresense did as they advertised. I was able to check ALL 3 SCORES for FREE!! THANK YOU SCORESENSE! YOU'RE AWESOME!

Faerie Ford Federal Way, WA

Very informative 👏🏽 handy tool for those who want to keep track of their credit and identity 👏🏽

Martha Shelton Jeffersonville, IN

Haven’t received anything. Don’t recall signing up for score sense. I am suppose to get a report if any checks my credit score because of some information being tampered with. If there is an added charge, please please remove my enrollment.

[email protected] Inglewood, CA

The score results from the three credit agencies were supplied quickly. For the first time, all scores were within ten points from lowest to highest.

Lloyd M Charles Jr

The intro email I received showed my credit scores in the high 700's scores. I signed up to confirm that. The scores showing after I signed up were in the low to mid 600 range, lower than the scores I got directly from the agencies. I had already filed disputes with the 3 negative items on my report. Conclusion, your company used bait and switch tactic to draw me in, so I'm out.

Gabriela Torres Jacksonville, FL

I was actually surprise with this program, I can honestly say I am VERY SATISFIED. I usually have a hard time whenever I try to see or pull my credit, but this time I can honestly say it was a fast & easy process. Thanks ❤️

Joseph Stines Pompano Beach, FL

Thankfully I was able to see my credit score and report so now I have to find out how to use the Automator so far its not only the fastest way but the easiest way to get all three of them so quickly

Judith A Raymer Indianapolis, IN

I was surprised my scores were that high since I haven't had any bills for a while. I paid off everything 3 or 4 years ago. My husband died in 2015 & I knew I had to watch what I bought. I'm not complaining!

Jo Ann C Russo New Hyde Park, NY

I am very pleased my ScoreSense Also last evening Pedro walked me through the Programs and explained everything. He answered all my questions I had . Great ! Thank You JoAnn

Alfred Hubbard Mendenhall, MS

Transunion Score: 599, Equifax Score: 602, Experian: 524 I was curious to know my credit situation and how it works. I'm more informed, but still don't understand the full process of the credit system.

DeAnn Ogunyewo Houston, TX

I like the ease of use of the site. It made me comfortable to pull my own report without the assistant of a professional financial person. I will definitely recommend scoresense to people I know.

Jane Dallas, TX

Product and service was really helpful as I applied for a mortgage. Made conversation with mortgage broker very easy, and complete access to my credit history gave me confidence and reassurance.

Ryan Tunnell

It was easy. And I believe it should be free.

Angie B Junction City, KS

For any collections, there were o contact information. to include name or phone number

Lisafe Baker Seattle, WA

Good service, fast, affordable, reliable

elaine marco Pittsburgh, PA

This is pushed on you when told to check your credit scores while looking for a loan! I canceled this and I'm getting charged twice. Terrible!!!

Verna Polutan Los Angeles, CA

Easy. Straightforward . No issues. Good experience.

Dukeman Gilliam

Very fast and quick results, the layout is simple

amanda hardin Charleston, SC

I found everything good with the exception of having to cancel a subscription I didn’t want

Billy stout Tampa, FL

the email indicated that it was a free site and upon filling out most of the forms was asked for a credit card and I just deleted the whole thing

Cleo Dumas Lemon Grove, CA

After getting an account and identification process very accurate an it was a pleasure….. thanks Cleo D.

George Jackson Conway, SC

Representative George was patient and very helpful in walking me through the enrollment process as well as making another change I requested.

Carolina camacho

ScoreSense really helps me manage my credit and not accumulate a low credit score. If it weren't for ScoreSense I don't know what I would do!

Carol Greene Santee, CA

Ms Shirley, very helpful, working my way thru what I need to do. And be with my family right now. Thanks, very much for all your input ms Shirley. Fantastic!

shawn lyons ,

I used the app to check my credit..I unsubscribed right after I set it up..I notice I'm being billed and contact the company..they tell me that I unsubscribed from email and mail but not my account..so I cancel again and still get charged now I call again for the second time to get it fixed and they tell me it's justified billing..now who unsubscribes from email and mail but still wants your service..mind u they told me they can see that I never used the account but refuse to reimburse me mind you I had to call again because I can't receive emails from the cause I unsubscribed...THE WORST COMPANY pay attention they will charge you regardless if u unsubscribe or not..then they will fight you on giving your money back..don't get screwed like I did..STAY CLEAR of this app it is a big rip off and they will continue to bill you regardless..check your options before you use this app..you will regret it