T-Mobile Logo

7.5

LAST UPDATED: November 24th, 2021

Our 500+ verified T-Mobile reviews give T-Mobile an average 3.5/5 stars, placing it among the top cell phone carriers. T-Mobile ranks well for all of our consumer sentiment criteria:

• Value for your money
  • Quality of product or service
  • Customer service
  • Company trustworthiness

T-Mobile is unique in that it will match a customer's corporate, affiliate, or military discount up to $15 for single lines and $30 total for two or more lines.

A bit about the company's background:

T-Mobile, founded in 1991 and located in Bellevue, WA, is the United States-based operating arm of T-Mobile International AG, providing wireless voice & messaging services and data services. The cell carrier operates some of the largest wireless networks in the U.S., reaching 99 percent of Americans according to the company. It has a market of over 45 million customers and over $20 billion in revenue every year.

A new merger between T-Mobile and Sprint is in the works with the introduction of 5G connectivity.

T-Mobile is known for its signature comprehensive cell phone plan, Magenta, which includes bells and whistles like unlimited coverage in Mexico and Canada, Netflix at no charge, and unlimited video streaming at 480p resolution.

AT&T Logo
#3 AT&T chevron_right
3.8
TracFone Logo
#4 TracFone chevron_right
3.9

The Good

• Quality of Services and Plans
  • New Phone Promotions
  • Phone Financing Options
  • Good Overall Customer Service
  • Affordability and Special Pricing
  • International Network Coverage

Quality of Services and Plans

T-Mobile has three straightforward unlimited cell phone plans:

1. Premium unlimited plan Magenta Plus

2. Signature unlimited plan Magenta

3. Basic unlimited plan Essentials

Magenta Plus includes maximum perks and benefits:

• Unlimited talk, text, and smartphone data
  • Free Netflix with 2-screen access
  • Taxes and fees included in advertised pricing
  • 2x data speeds and texting in 210+ countries and international regions
  • In-flight texting and unlimited in-flight Wi-Fi use
  • Unlimited HD streaming at DVD quality (480p)
  • Unlimited talk and text and some data in Canada and Mexico (up to 5 GB of 4G LTE data)
  • Mobile hotspot data
  • Name ID
  • Voicemail to text

In addition to the contract plans above, T-Mobile offers prepaid plans with data, calls, and texting to suit each client's needs. Magenta benefits are available as a prepaid plan for domestic only or for domestic and international.

All data plans include some degree of mobile hotspot data up to 20GB with the Magenta Plus plan. T-Mobile's smartphone mobile hotspot, also known as Wi-Fi sharing or tethering, allows you to share your smartphone or tablet's internet connection with another Wi-Fi-enabled device using T-Mobile's network.

New Phone Promotions

T-Mobile frequently runs promotions for new device purchases - generally the newest iPhone and Android OS models - as an incentive to purchase a plan. AutoPay and trade-ins are generally required to qualify for the iPhone and Android phone promotions.

With T-Mobile, you have access to the latest and greatest in phone tech. T-Mobile's inventory includes the latest phone models like the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus with 4K video capture, a dual 12MP + 12MP + 12MP rear camera, wireless charging, and "all-day intelligent" battery life or the Samsung Galaxy Note9 with super AMOLED display, expandable memory up to 1TB, and biometric unlock.

To use your current phone (if compatible) you can purchase a SIM card to set your phone up in T-Mobile's network.

Phone Financing Options

The customer can either pay for their services in advance or they can pay as they go. This makes the credit check nightmare of a contract plan obsolete.

There are some credit-based possibilities for covering the price of a new phone, however. If a customer cannot afford one of the more expensive phones up front but can pass a credit check, they can pay for the phone in payments over time. If a customer, under this agreement, decides that they no longer want service through T-Mobile, they are responsible for the remaining balance on the phone.

Good Overall Customer Service

Our verified consumer reviews below are generally positive regarding T-Mobile's attentiveness to customers. From a different third-party review perspective based on customer satisfaction surveys for the past several years, T-Mobile has been recognized as the best customer service provider within the cell phone industry by JD Power and Associates. The company is also recognized for its outstanding care in the customer care category.

Affordability and Special Pricing

T-Mobile is known for its overall affordability. The phone plans available offer data plans comparable in price to that of other providers without requiring long contracts, though auto-pay is required to obtain the best deals.

Customers are never charged overage fees because they simply cannot use their data after they have reached their monthly quota. With most no-contract carriers, there aren't unlimited data pricing paradigms in their data plans, but T-Mobile is the exception. In addition, the unlimited data plan from T-Mobile is significantly cheaper than the 100 GB plans offered through competitors.

In addition, T-Mobile offers special pricing for customers 55+ which can be applied to two phone lines in a plan and includes all of the benefits of T-Mobile ONE. Active and retired military members and their families also qualify for special pricing.

International Network Coverage

T-Mobile also has extensive international service in over 210 countries and international regions. In fact, it is one of the few wireless providers that includes international data and texting at no additional cost, which is far above many of the other contract providers in the industry.

Customers can access their account easily, speak with an online customer care representative, or use their text messaging to monitor their monthly services for international texting as well as other stats.

The Bad

• Cost
  • Limited Device Options
  • Equipment Installment Program
  • Tablet Limitations

Cost

While T-Mobile provides high LTE speeds, Wi-fi hotspot options, and entertainment perks that are unavailable through other mobile phone carriers, its plans are more expensive than that of several competitors. In this case, it's true that you get what you pay for.

Limited Device Options

The company carries the most popular device brands, including certified used phones, but doesn't sell everything: T-Mobile does not offer BlackBerry phones and or Windows phone models.

Equipment Installment Program

Something to point out is the policy regarding the Equipment Installment Program. If a customer chooses to discontinue their service with T-Mobile, they are responsible for the remaining cost of the phone if it was purchased under an Equipment Installment Program. In some ways, this is a tactic to keep customers on T-Mobile's service without forcing a contract.

Tablet Limitations

With T-Mobile, customers can only use tablets with data capability that can be converted into a hot spot. These max out at 11 GB of data per month and do not suit the needs of customers who frequently use a tablet as a hot spot for a laptop computer or other device.

The Bottom Line

T-Mobile is a strong carrier for those hoping to avoid long-term contracts or hidden fees. Though not perfect, the majority of T-Mobile customer reviews reflect positive user experiences and the company is known for its low prices, no overage fees, and other controls in place that keeps the cost competitive for the customer. Prospective customers can expect the following with T-Mobile:

• Different plan options to cater to different preferences
  • Unlimited texting, talk, and data
  • No long-term contracts
  • Portable Wi-Fi
  • International texting included
  • iPhone and Android phone promotions
  • Financing available and overall affordability
  • Discounts for seniors and military personnel
  • Netflix subscription

T-Mobile is rightly among our top-ranked cell phone providers. Read customer reviews below to learn more.

View Best Cell Phone Providers

3.6

Jon Newton Minneapolis, MN

I had Verizon before I switched to t-mobile and I wish I would have stayed there. One thing t mobile don't tell you about there unlimited internet is that they have a roaming internet. Which means if your not on there tmobile service they only give you a very small amount of internet to use. I drive a truck and use my internet for sirus xm radio and map for weather service and road closer in winter. Well if you travel west of Iowa there internet is very spotty and most of the time your on a roaming internet service. Which means I use the little they give you in 2 days listening to satellite radio. With Verizon I never had this kind of problem. When they say unlimited that's exactly what it was. Now I'm stuck for 2 years. Don't let let them fool you like they did me

Mike L. Marco Island, FL

Where can I start? First of all reception service from T-Mobile where I live in South Florida has been as close to terrible as it could be. There are towers within a couple of miles from where service drops off to nothing, where calls can not be made nor reception for apps is received. More than several calls to T-Mobile promised that this would be resolved and nothing is ever done. Dropped calls within an area where calls are possible is another major problem and happens no less that two or three times a day. Calling customer service is nothing more than a joke and a complete waste of time. Sometimes the wait to speak with someone is over an hour only to wait again when the person connected to does not know how to fix the problem of reception. It seems that quite a few of the customer service contacts are working from home and have insufficient capability to do anything but talk and listen to problems being presented. It really can not be these people who a probably being told to soothe the customer, make promises and do not follow up on those promises. In my opinion, this is what they are more than likely being told to do by the company. I have spent several months with T-Mobile with this poor service where nothing more than lip service has been provided. Shame on you!!!! T-Mobile to making promises and taking money for this kind of poor service. I have "interaction" numbers given to me by your company representative to verify my service problems and promises to make things right. For more that 20 years I have been a customer with Sprint then being switched to T-Mobile only to be treated as poorly as this.

Roger Blum Miami Beach, FL

I have been a T-Mobile customer for many years, mainly due to the free international 2G data. Last year, I stopped by a T-Mobile store, to look at new phones. I didn't at the time upgrade, but the representative looked at my account, and said I could save a little on my monthly bill if I switched plans. My only question was if this new plan would still include the free international data. I was assured that it would. It turned out that it didn't, and I didn't find this out until my family was traveling, and unable to use their phones. I contacted T-Mobile many times, but the result was that they would not be responsible for what I was told by their own representative in their own store. Bottom line - don't trust what you're told in a T-Mobile store. Get it in writing and review it before agreeing to anything. If their representative misrepresents something, it is the customer's responsibilty.

BILL KILLMAN Dearborn Heights, MI

I was a Sprint customer since 1998 and with the "merger" I had no choice but to go with T-mobile. I thought I'll give them a shot since AT&T is the absolute worst phone service anywhere, and Verizon wants first born and a mortgage for service. I have 5 lines my mother is on my account she lives 1 mile from a major freeway and we couldn't get a signal to save ourselves. Thank God for wireless calling. I've had more dropped calls since the take over in the 20 years with Sprint. I don't know what I'm gonna do take out a mortgage or go to worse...

Cassie young Chicago, IL

Not good listeners. They almost never are interested in customer satisfaction. Especially when you speak to anyone that only is concern with what's owed

Andrea Thomas Tacoma, WA

T-mobile has extremely bad coverage in the area I live. Having gone in to talk with them, I feel like I get the run-around. Talking on the phone to customer service isn’t any better. But, I have dealt with worse. So I would say T-mobile would be one of my last choices and would have to really do something big for me (or save really big) to make me come back. #Notfor10yearsMinimum

Susan G Seattle, WA

I have been with Sprint for 18 years. T-Mobile did it take over. I was hoping it was going to be better than the service with Sprint. It has been worse. The calling area is VERY sketchy. My phone drops calls more than any of my professional colleagues that I’m traveling with. Every time I’m with professionals, ask them who their carrier is So I can switch as soon as I am out of my contract. 18 years. When I call in for help all I get are foreign workers who we read from cue cards. The last one, it was difficult to hear because there were so many roosters crowing in the background. He said he was in the Philippines. The next time I called, I reach somebody in the Caribbean. I have not spoken to anyone on the mainland of America in years. Now it is understandable because no one in America wants to go to work, everyone wants to stay at home on their couch and collect unemployment. But these things happened before the pandemic.

M Morales Kissimmee, FL

Very poor reception in the Central Florida area. There have been times when I do not receive my text unless I turn off my phone and turn it back on. Many drop calls. When upgrading our phones in the store, they took forever and added services like the Insurance with out permission.

MNO O Lawrenceville, GA

I’m not sure how T-Mobile is now but they seemed to have the worst coverage and terrible overage charges so I never went back.

Kierra Kennedy Tallahassee, FL

T- mobile is a bas service they can do better with their connections.

Kym Lewis Glenwood, IL

Associate Zelliece was professional, pleasant, and helpful. There were 10 employees and four customers which might explain why there were two additional associates hovering and interjecting questions, ideas, and suggestions. It was a bit overwhelming. One salesperson in particular was extremely overbearing and pushy, suggesting phone upgrades for which I previously said I was not interested, and repeatedly suggesting a password reset. When I said for the fourth time that I was not interested in resetting my password, she became offended and walked out of the store. Let an associate do his/her job. Often customers complain that they have not received enough customers, too much service is just as bad, if not worse. Good customer service is really becoming hard to find. There are some simple expectations. 1. Greet customers 2. Introduce yourself 3. Ask “how may I help you” or “what brings you in today?” 4. One associate should help a customers. If an additional associate is needed, introduce him/her. 5. Offer information/options without bias 6. After a customer has said that he/she is not interested in an option, do not continue to bring it up unless the customer chooses to revisit the issue. 7. Thank the customer. 8. Let the customer know about other ways he/she seek assistance in the future (business card, website, or app)

Gayle Lincoln, NE

I recently switched from Verizon to T-Mobile because they were offering free iPhone 11’s and 11 Pro Max’ For free with specific trade-ins. I qualified and went to the T-Mobile store and the representative assured me that I could have either the 11 or the pro max for no charge with a trade-in of my iPhone 8. I said I wanted to do this and that I wanted the promax obviously since it was the more expensive phone. Later when trying to get a case for my new phone I discovered I had an iPhone 11. When I went back and confronted the service people at T-Mobile I was told I would have to pay an additional $250 if I wanted the iPhone 11 promax. That is not with their promotion represented and I feel like I was scammed. I also was not able to port my phone number due to there being no T-Mobile tower when I got that number. Between having to change my number and not getting the phone I wanted and was told I could get for free, I am not happy with T mobile. Be aware of this promotion—it is falsely Advertised!

Pete New Port Richey, FL

There are two real problems with T-Mobile and they don’t really car to fix either of them. First, is the way they cook their books to minimize expenses at your expense. You see, T-Mobile won’t give you credit for your paid off phone straight up front if you try to use one of their promotions. What they do is give you the equivalent of fifty cents a day and you might be wondering what the problem is here... Well, you see, by making you pay out of pocket for the phone you want, they get to take your money and earn interest in it over the two years, while you get deferred credit for your paid off phone. Another problem this creates is that it favors new customers for the best promotions, over those who are existing customers... Most existing customers don’t want to be forced to a lower tier of phone just so they don’t have to pay the extortion fees out of pocket... New customers will offer just pay it. Also, they offered us a free line, and then they proceeded to charge us for this allegedly free line! We have had the free line for over a year and I just realized the other day they were charging us for it. Yeah, you might appear to be saving money with this company, but you’re getting treated like a Cuban citizen during tourist season by this company that claims to be all about the customer. Oh and another thing, T-Mobile’s “getting thanked” routine, is often a series of games almost nobody ever wins, or things you could get for free elsewhere, without ever paying them a dime! T-Mobile Tuesday used to be good, but like everything with this company, it turned out to be a very shallow experience. Now one final note, the quality of the connection on my 1.5 year old phone is horrific! There are places where I will see two bars on my phone and the networking is crawling if it’s working at all! Both my wife and I side by side experience the same issues and their coverage map is nowhere near as good as these con artists claim it is.

Sheryl Easterling Johnson City, TN

Don’t use t-Mobile. It has been an absolute nightmare. I should have known when I saw that all the employees were under the legal drinking age. I signed up with these teenagers because they quoted their bills lower than Verizon AND they assured me that I would have coverage on my entire 1-hour work commute. They sold me a device for my car to increase coverage on my route. However, the device was actually intended to provide a wifi hot spot in your car, but only if there was t-Mobile coverage in the area. My commute picked up t-Mobile coverage for less than a third of the trip. Not only did they give me faulty information, but they failed to tell me that I only had 14 days to change my mind. I returned to t-Mobile a month later to close my account and go back to Verizon. Regardless of the fact that they were dishonest to get me to sign up with them (I asked, and yes he got a commission for signing folks on), they adhered to the 14 day period. I was forced to buy out my contract, totaling nearly $1,000. After I fulfilled my commitment to them, it still took six months of angry phone calls to finally be rid of this awful company. They kept trying to charge me for services I was no longer receiving and withhold money owed me. Some people just don’t know how to run a successful business.

Tommy Mandeville, LA

T-Mobile will trick you be careful!! They have great deals no doubt. This is my story I went to them they gave me a phone and a plain no doubt. Then I went back the very next day and told them that their service is horrible and my daughter is going off to college and needed a service that is reliable. They came out in full force and begged me to give them a chance that towers were going up as we speak and it will be much better shortly. Well nothing has changed service and s still horrible so I go back to the store to inform them of this and they give me a number to call to cancel. So, I call this number and they tell me that I had 14 days to cancel the contract and it’s past that time and now I must pay!! Even after I explained the above situation to them and they even verified I was there complaining about the service the next day and I wanted out. They said my 14 days are up and I have to pay out the contract!!!! Please people be careful with you sign and don’t trust no one who works there!!!!!

Jeff Schermett Syracuse, NY

Well for the last month and a half my phone calls are not coming through 4 out of 10 calls will go straight to voicemail there is no missed calls on my phone so no one leaves a message I never know they called. This is been going on for about a month and a half I’ve spent 15 to 16 hours on the phone and messaging with them with no solution in sight I have tried two different phones I have a brand new Sim card so it’s not the phones and not the Sim card. T-mobile’s Twitter person now try to Help but I have spoken to six different people and it’s like a script they post them because each person says the same thing they sent me a Wi-Fi cellspot And I have spectrum Internet and they are having some problems with spectrum why did they send it to me because they knew I had spectrum so now I’ve been waiting for a different cell-spot Not knowing if this is even going to help my situation I was in I want is my service to work right I want what I pay for it no more no less. I see that they’re putting all this money into 5G when they’re LTE service is not even up to par. I have had T-Mobile for over so her years I have had T-Mobile for over 4yrs I have five lines on T-Mobile and I am the only one having this problem .

Lisa Burkhart Littleton, CO

I have been with TMobile for almost 11 years. Their coverage isn't the greatest but I only travel a few times per year and generally it's to major markets or overseas where my cellphone wouldn't be working anyway so I was willing to live with that. Recently I had an experience at a store that is making me shop around. My Iphone stopped working. I PAY for an extended warranty for full replacement but they wouldn't give me a phone they said they had to have one shipped. I was ok with that because it was going to be overnighted. Two days later the phone didn't come so I called the store to find out what was going on. I was told they couldn't tell me anything over the phone, I had to come in or call the 800 number. The 800 number said they couldn't accept my call at that time so to call a retail store. I'm not sure if it was because I was calling from Skype because I had no phone. So I call the store back and the person on the other end named Jordan literally hangs up on me. So I drive all the way down to the store and Jeremy says "its in procesing" and walks away from me. What does that mean? He says "that it hasn't shipped yet" I ask him why and he rudely says "I have no idea, I can have the manager call you" Call me on WHAT? I have NO PHONE!! So he begrudgingly hands me the store phone so that I can call the 800 number and I find out that the phone is back ordered. The manager on the phone asks to speak to the store associate so I tell Jeremy that the manager wants to speak to him to find out the number of their store. He throws the phone down on the counter and writes it on a post it note and refuses to pick up the phone. I have never been treated that rudely especially not where I have been a ten year customer. There are better companies out there and don't buy a warranty because it's only honored at their convenience.

Bryan Cuilty Newburgh, NY

Trash. Switched from Verizon for a better deal and not worth it at all. Service is in and out all the time. Do not recommend. Can't wait till my contract is up so I can leave them.

Tavius Hurd Memphis, TN

I've been a T-Mobile for a while their service is good but there customer service and convenience needs extreme work I'm one of their prepaid customers who have to pay their bill using the website instead of simply logging into the app plus I have to constantly pay for a new sim card when I need one. I will be switching to Verizon soon because they allow their customers to pay through the app. They don't care whether you are prepaid or postpaid. T-Mobile wants customers but isn't looking out for their existing customers.

Michael A ,

Been a Tmobile Business customer for ovet 6 years. Bill and coverage has never been an issue., until now. Since, the latest updates my services have degraded. Slow internet, slow connections time to calls, dropped gps. Did the whole troubleshooting thing. Replaced my SIM card and it's still has not fixed the problems. I'm not about to pay for an upgraded phone when the service is not reliable. I'm giving t-mobile a few more weeks and if the services do not improve if I'm switching to Verizon. They have plenty of honest, true deals for new customers.

Odao Ogbonmwan Mableton, GA

Not the best cellular service, they lie about how they have the best service anywhere in the nation. But in reality I can barely get service when I’m at work, especially in the basement. I took a trip to New Mexico once and could BARELY get a 1 bar. And the data plan that my family uses is never enough but we always pay over $200 each month for it??

Karin Phoenix, AZ

I've never had any problems with t moble employees. They are professional and curteous. I do have a problem with service. Too many dropped calls, static and constant tower problems. Spots through out the city where i can't get service. So annoying when i have to be in certain locations for the day. I get lots of reason when calling for help. But, ya know, i don't care the reason. Im paying for 24/7 service. And I am tired of asking the person I'm speaking to to repeat what they said because there's so much static on the line I can't hear them

Garrett Headley Santa Barbara, CA

Although I can't really say anything bad about the cell coverage for making calls, the data rates are horrible and I spend over half my time on Edge rather than LTE. That's even living inside of the city limits of Santa Barbara, a decent sized city. And dropping down to Edge pretty much renders any app that needs data pretty much useless. The only reason they get 2 stars instead of 1 for me is that their European plans are pretty good compared to the other carriers.

Devin schultz Valdosta, GA

Probably the worst bait and switch cell company out there!!! Moved my business from V to T-Mobile and was given a piece of equipment as a perk and store mgr told me he was covering the monthly charge as well. Folks, read the coverage map - don’t just look at the colors as they are deceiving! Had minimal coverage in a major town and no coverage at work. Moved to another town and same thing! So when I switched to another carrier they have now charged me for the full amount of the “free” equipment AND the charges for the line the mgr promised me was going to be taken care of.

Rick Kiphut Memphis, TN

Customer Service folks are second to none. Great people. 10/10. Service for me and my family has been great. 9/10. Website is ridiculous. Does not show a breakdown of credits/payments/charges that happen mid-cycle, you have to wait until next bill to see them. 1/10. Once that happens, you have to contact support and start all over again. 0/10. 2 months of bills so far and not one of them has been right - sure, they correct them with credits, but that's time I have to spend chatting/tweeting/etc to get it right. I should be able to bill them an hourly rate for my time to apply against my bill.

Gina Marie Commack, NY

As a 15 year customer of Verizon I finally made the switch over to T-Mobile. with that being said I am not happy at all and as a matter fact I am contemplating switching back to a ATT which I also had about two years ago. I find their prices to be very great however I would rather pay more to have greater quality service Wi-Fi Internet and Bluetooth capabilities

Irma Perez Corpus Christi, TX

I have been a Sprint/T-Mobile customer for 20 years upgraded 2 phones. I did not qualify for any promotions and was given false information. Paid full prices for both phones. Had to call customer service 4 times the tablet that was suppose to be free was Not. Requested a return kit and didn’t get a response till 3 days later. There’s more but I think this is enough info.

Linda mcguckin Warren, MI

I was having some problems with my phone and was unable to resolve the issues myself so I called the office and they said to come on in. I went in and the employee that assisted me cap walking away talking to the other co-workers while I would stand there patiently waiting for him to assist me with these things that I could not do I needed him to guide me to do things but he didn't stay long enough with me to get anything done. The grand finale was I picked up my stuff and I told him Cameron you're a poor excuse for a representative for T-Mobile new make them look bad you didn't stay with me and guide me through these problems today I'd you just kept walking away as if I wasn't important you should be ashamed of yourself that was not a good day for me do this back that I left with the same problems that I came in with. A friend of mine ended up helping me with my situation. His communication skills were next to nothing. Maybe he might need some more in service.

stevey shumway Midvale, UT

T-Mobile was not the best cell phone carrier. I am glad that I switched over to another carrier. They were affordable but the coverage led me to switch. The costumer service was great, however I just needed better phone service.

Barbara Matula Gulfport, MS

Inhad TMobile for many years simply because cost of plans. The phones are always breaking easily, you never have any service, and the cost of the phones are very high. I will say that customer service has been pretty good but I will never forget back to TMobile.

Aldel El Paso, TX

T-mobile requires customers with good credit. T- mobile has a lot of inconsistencies on the billing statement. Customers have to pay what T-mobile throws at them in order to keep the credit in good standing. No ethics! I started paying a reasonable price and ended paying double. Becareful!

michael Cedar Rapids, IA

I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile because T-Mobile was less expensive. I checked the map to see if there was coverage in my area. The map showed coverage in that area. I was lucky to get even one “bar” at home or my place of employment. I spent most of my time in those two places. Essentially I was in a two year contract for a paper weight.

AshleyD Pinellas Park, FL

The actual phone service is great! The people running it are horrible! Customer service is a must in any business and they have people that lie and truly don't care. They don't resolve issues, if anything, they're made worse! I've had nothing but problems since I switched. Phone problems and bill problems alike!

Bryce Johnson Colorado Springs, CO

T-Mobile has by far the worst customer service of any phone carrier. They are never prepared for new releases which creates back orders for up to months after a phone's release date. Their Network coverage is garbage and even when you do have connection it's rather spotty.

Robert Wilson Bethesda, MD

Used T-mobile for a family of four. The service was average at best. I could not get reception inside my building unless I was near a window - whereas with another provider I was. The price is very good but lackluster speeds and reception works against it. One plus is that international travel in Europe was very good with T-mobile as we had unlimited 3g internet access already in our plan. We did not have to get any expensive roaming package for reception in Europe.

Brenda Mertes Houston, TX

T- Mobile is by far the worst company I had ever used. I enjoy their products and their prices. The customer service however, has been anything but great. First, an agent asked me if I was pregnant when I was not. Second, I had to call them multiple times for multiple issues on the account. I would definitely not recommend this cell phone service to anyone.

Sheila Morelli Brooksville, FL

I had to drive all over town trying to get a phone line off of my phone. Then my bill keeps going up and down up and down no explanation it's gone from $78 down to 40 it's back and forth I am sick and tired of it.

Davy Republic, MO

Beware of coverage map. Data partner coverage is much of the map. In these areas you are capped at 200mb per month. If you travel in the US t mobile will leave you hanging!

Mary Blank Garner, NC

The price was great. We had used them for a few years when they volunteered us a lower rate based on the fact we were seniors. We left because we couldn't get good coverage after we moved

Hayley Lambdin Orem, UT

T-Mobile I have had a couple of times. I honestly don't think I will ever go through them again. They have spotty connection and would find any reason to charge you with a fee.

Brandon Maughan Lehi, UT

I have T-Mobile in Utah County. The service isn't as good as AT&T, the carrier I switched from. I switched because the pricing was better, but I guess I'm getting what I paid for.

Maria Oquendo San Juan,

T mobile internet connection in some areas of Puerto Rico is very poor. I had to obtain a WiFi service separately with another company in order to have a good phone service with tmobile

Lindsey A Brown Lehi, UT

The cell service needs work. Call after call after call being dropped. Reception always cutting in and out. Very frustrating to pay for a service that you don't get to use to its fullest. The price is better than others out there but reception is terrible.

Dee Farquharson Washington, DC

Prices keep going up without informing me about it! My phone insurance went up from 9$ to 12 without notice! I was told my phone was paid off when i got a new one, and it wasn't; so i was charged for three phones when only two were active! if it weren't for the fact that Verizon is way more and offering less, I would be leaving

Easton Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

First off, i'm not real crazy about T-Mobile. There service is great when I'm in my local town, but when i leave the boundaries it seems to always be very iffy on the service I get. The price is okay, but not worth all the bad service and trouble. Overall, I would not recommend this carrier to another friend.

sue

I ive in a populated area, but my service hangs up on calls periodically from my home or won't make calls at all. Very frustrating with trying to do business or family calls.

Sophilino Tallahassee, FL

I can't even get a connection in my room. Not even outdoors! Having T-mobile is like a cool way of going back in time to the 1920s when people had to go physically looking for you in order to communicate

Campbell Blair Phoenix, AZ

I had T-Mobile for about 18 months before switching back to Verizon. I of course preferred Verizon but T-Mobile wasn't too shabby. Service was spotty and text messages had a hard time to send through.

Robin Orem, UT

horrible service, customer service and my bill was never consistant with the plan i signed up for. they mailed me the wrong phone i had to wait another week to get the correct phone.

Prasad Cypress, CA

Poor customer service. Keep asking customer to call deferent department and show sympathy about the problem with no resolution.