CarShield has offered vehicle protection for over 500,000 vehicles since its founding in 2005. Its goal is to “provide exceptional experience by providing every owner of a vehicle with a dependable, reliable, and affordable solution to unexpected and costly repairs.”

CarShield offers a wide range of vehicle service plans, and they’re set up to be very flexible. CarShield offers service plans for new cars, used cars, and motorcycles. Each service contract or protection plan offers a different level of coverage. For example, CarShield's New Car warranty offers exclusionary coverage or bumper-to-bumper coverage. CarShield's Powertrain warranty covers the engine transmission and water pump.

CarShield is determined to make it easy for every consumer to customize a plan that fits their needs perfectly to offer extended vehicle protection for expensive car repairs.

View CarShield Reviews

#1 autopom! chevron_right
#2 CARCHEX chevron_right
3.9
#3 CarShield chevron_right

The Good

• Variety of Warranty Plans
  • Powertrain Plus Warranty Plan
  • Other Features

Variety of Warranty Plans

CarShield offers a variety of vehicle service contracts to fit car owners' budgets and car protection needs:

• New Car: This vehicle service contract is similar to the factory warranty. It covers everything from engine and transmission failure to starter and fuel pump breakdowns.
  • Comprehensive: This contract is the best coverage option for a vehicle with miles on it. It protects your vehicle’s engine, transmission, AC, electrical system, starter, water pump, fuel pump, and more.
  • Powertrain: This service contract is its most affordable policy. It covers the most important parts of a vehicle, including all lubricated parts on your engine, transmission, and water pump.
  • Hightech: This vehicle service contract is great for covering most electrical and computer related problems including Engine Control Module, Starter, Alternator, Navigation/GPS, Electrical System and more.
  • Motorcycle: This contract is similar to the Comprehensive coverage for automobiles. It protects the vehicle’s engine, transmission, electrical system, starter, water pump, fuel pump and more.

These coverage options make it easier for car owners to find a plan that meets their needs.

Car owners should be aware that extended car warranties do not cover car repairs resulting from normal wear and tear or failure to properly maintain the vehicle. For example, missing an oil change can void a warranty and prevent a car repair from being covered.

Additionally, an extended warranty is not car insurance. Car insurance helps cover repair costs and liability for accidents. Warranty plans cover the repair cost for mechanical malfunction or breakdown.

CarShield's extended warranty plans are good for new and pre-owned vehicles.

Powertrain Plus Warranty Plan

CarShield offers a powertrain warranty plan, which is its most affordable plan. CarShield also offers a powertrain plus warranty plan.

This vehicle protection plan is perfect for cars with high mileage, with CarShield consumers are allowed 200,000 max mileage. This extended car warranty is great coverage for major and minor vehicle parts, including the engine, transmission, water pump, alternator, starter, air conditioner—even your power windows.

Other Features

CarShield offers other features to its clients upon request. All CarShield auto repairs have a very low or nonexistent deductible. When you need a covered repair, it will be fixed 100 percent free, or the customer will be responsible for a minimal deductible for repairs.

Other features are as follows:

• Courtesy towing anytime your car breaks down
  • Car’s engine, axle, and transmission covered in each CarShield contract
  • Free rental car or rental car reimbursement with some vehicle service plans
  • 24/7 roadside assistance for vehicle breakdowns
  • Mechanics that are certified by the ASE’s Blue Seal of Excellence

These additional features add value to CarShield's warranties by enhancing client service. Roadside assistance offers peace of mind because car owners can receive help wherever their are on the road. Vehicle service contracts that include rental car coverage offer additional peace of mind because clients know they'll have reliable transportation and financial stability because they can receive compensation for a rental car with their extended auto warranty benefits.

Allowing clients to choose their repair shop, as long as the mechanic is ASE-certified, gives clients flexibility and have greater confidence that their car is repaired well. It also allows clients to find more cost-effective repair options than those available at a dealership.

While some warranty companies offer additional benefits, like trip interruption, CarShield's extended car protection plans have good benefits.

The Bad

• Lack of Transparency
  • Basic Warranty Length

Lack of Transparency

In spite of offering variety of warranty plans, CarShield is less transparent.

The website does not disclose the prices, contract lengths, deductibles, or other fees. To learn the cost of a car warranty, potential clients need to request a free quote through the website.

While it can be frustrating for potential clients not to be able to see the cost, this is common among extended warranty companies. It is fairly standard for the warranty's monthly payment to not be readily accessible among extended service contract providers because the rates vary depending on the warranty selected, age of the car, make, model, and mileage.

This can be difficult for customers because they can see the value the plans offer but can't put the value in context with the money they would spend.

Working with a CarShield representative, potential clients can learn more specific information about their service contract options, payment plans, and gauge the quality of customer service.

Basic Warranty Length

CarShield does not disclose options for the length of its warranties on its website because warranty length is dependent upon auto manufacturer, model, and mileage. In order to obtain warranty length information, potential customers must request a quote on their website.

The Bottom Line

Choosing a warranty provider is an important part of purchasing a vehicle warranty. By providing additional warranty coverage for breakdowns, warranty companies provide car owners with peace of mind in the event of unexpected car repairs.

CarShield has been providing car warranty services to customers for over 10 years. Over time CarShield has gained customers’ trust through its outstanding customer service and customizable coverage plans.

With variety of warranty plans, CarShield guarantees consumers will find the plan that will work for their car and budget.

Additional service features, like rental car reimbursement, roadside assistance, and choice of repair facility, will make it simple and stress-free to make sure your vehicle is in good hands. It also helps clients save money by avoiding the high cost of getting car repairs done at a dealership. However, lack of transparency on the website might make it difficult to know the prices and other fees you might pay for your warranty plan.

Because online general information is limited, it is important to work with a CarShield representative to learn specific details about its warranty services, like cost, flexible payment plans, and what protection plan options are available to you. CarShield representatives work with each customer to find affordable coverage options that offer high value.

View Best Car Warranty Companies

David E Leon
January 22nd, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

Very good, prompt service, Reps very nice and helpful!

Eddie Paige
January 22nd, 2019 Bessemer, AL DETAILS

Customer service is very prompt and very custerous.

Ryan S Simpson
January 22nd, 2019 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS

Whenever I speak to one of the representatives, they are always attentive, professional and friendly. The employees are knowledgeable and answer all of my questions in great detail. My car is currently the shop and I'm waiting to see how many of my items that are needed to be repaired are approved and taken care of and how long is process takes. It has been in the shop at Autohaus for over 1 week. I am eagerly waiting for my repairs to be completed and how much deductible I have to pay.

Kathy
January 22nd, 2019 La Crosse, WI DETAILS

I needed a jumpstart and had left the policy information at home. I called customer service, they looked up my information and got me connected wirh the right department. They were then able to get a provider to cme and jumpstart my van

Jeanette Kaye Warren
January 21st, 2019 DETAILS

GREAT PEOPLE AND HONEST COMPANY, I would recommend that people who have no coverage get it because you never know what is going to happen, the cost of a plan is great , Car shield is the best I have ran across in yrs.

Vanessa Colley
January 21st, 2019 Talladega, AL DETAILS

CarShield. Very compassionate in considering your situation and goes above and beyond in providing reasonable reachable solutions. THANKS CarShield

Ron B
January 21st, 2019 Selbyville, DE

Cory at your headquarters is awesome. He represents Car Shield very well.

Brian William Harris
January 21st, 2019 Staten Island, NY DETAILS

A professional handled my case. She was great

Lonnie knowles
January 21st, 2019 Durham, NC DETAILS

Great customer service. Keep it up the good work!

Leanne Allen
January 21st, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

somewhat a hassle with figuring me on the warranty when it is my car and there discrepancies.

mark atchison
January 21st, 2019 District Heights, MD DETAILS

THE AGENT WAS GREAT SHE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS

David Perkinson
January 18th, 2019 Colonial Heights, VA

I think they took their time to work things out for me and my wife.They were very understandable,when i told them my wife has been really sick for almost 3 years.Thanks again.

Glen
January 18th, 2019

Because we saw CarShield on the TV we originally asked for a quote but found out what a good deal it was we knew we had to take advantge of it today. We were not pressured to do anything . The Customer Service Representative was very kind, patient and knowledgeable with everything. We have had our one vehicle for 15 years but it has low mileage so we knew we needed a special warranty. He was also was able to get us a deal for two vehicles and we were able to set up a life time warranty for both under $200. We would recommend CarShield to all who are looking for a vehicle warranty.

brian
January 17th, 2019 Omaha, NE DETAILS

keep up the good work, the CSR I spoke with was excellent and very professional, thank you. Keep up the good work

percival y masangkay
January 17th, 2019 Denver, CO DETAILS

Up to this day, it's about satisfactory customer service. I have yet to rate CarShield when it comes to actual car repairs. thanks

Tracey
January 16th, 2019 St Louis, MO

Very knowledgeable...professional . I recommend their service

paul raddatz
January 16th, 2019 Apache Junction, AZ

Great experience ''over phone and a Great Price.

Thomas Holmes
January 16th, 2019 DETAILS

Other than being on hold for long periods of time , the staff and representatives have been most helpful and courteous.

James
January 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I received an email about the price going up in February. I found out that was just for people that wanted to purchase CarShield. The lady I talked to straighten me out. I just wanted to make sure my price wasn’t going up.

Nia
January 15th, 2019 St. Petersburg, FL DETAILS

They are helpful, courteous, they answer all your questions and they explain everything to you.

Micheal dolan
January 15th, 2019 Ovid, MI DETAILS

Very courteous they have done everything they said they would do.

Mr. Griffin
January 15th, 2019 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

Your repairs get done instantly, Omg, This is such a convenience on my end. I would reccomend Car Shield for an upcoming entrepreneur, skilled labor, General Contractor. (777) Jackpot.

Darryl Gray
January 15th, 2019 McCormick, SC DETAILS

The representative was very polite and professional...

Sam B
January 9th, 2019 O'Fallon, MO DETAILS

I see a lot of reviews on here about denied claims, but myself being a smart and responsible consumer have Never had that problem. I was offered a review period to see my contract in writing, and I made sure to choose the plan that was beneficial to me.. I read the fine print and took note of what exactly was covered, and instead of filing claims on parts I knew weren’t covered, I filed them on things I knew WERE. READ THE FINE PRINT BEFORE YOU USE THE COVG!!!!!

T. Mac
December 11th, 2018 Cleveland, OH

I experienced the same issue today. I called to get a quote and I literally had to hang up on Anthony the sales rep. He was very pushy. I explained to him several times that I was calling to get a quote. I will not be calling them back.

Chris C
December 6th, 2018 Spanaway, WA

I called to get a quote. I said I wasn't going to be getting anything at this time I'm just looking to get a quote. The response I got on the phone was threatening. "What if your car brakes down on the highway? what then? and if you don't sigh up now you'll lose your discount" I said no and thanked them for there time. There reply "So are we putting this on a card?" I just hung up the phone after that.

Chris N
November 28th, 2018 Aspen, CO DETAILS

My trasmission claim was covered quickly.

Dan Jones
November 13th, 2018 Austin, TX DETAILS

It's a scam. Would not cover my repair. Beware.

Kenneth Bradley
November 12th, 2018 Fishers, IN DETAILS

You pay into your policy and then they deny your claim. Scam artist.

Raymond L. Crenshaw
November 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

They make false advertising about warranty for your car and do not except your claims!!!!!

Kristy Williams
July 16th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

We use Carshield for our Car Warranty. We haven’t used their services yet but the service seems good so far.

Larry Wilson
April 10th, 2018 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

Great price and exceptional customer service