CARCHEX offers vehicle protection plans that reduce costs of mechanical breakdown repairs. CARCHEX offers several levels of coverage, which makes it easy for car owners to find a warranty that meets their coverage needs. By offering good warranty options, CARCHEX helps its clients keep new and used vehicles in good running condition.

When a car manufacturer warranty expires, the owner is responsible for the costs of subsequent auto repairs. Having a vehicle protection plan can save car owners from expensive repair costs and provide peace of mind. CARCHEX plans offer different levels of warranty cover, which is great for clients looking for a protection plan that offers good repair coverage and is affordable. Interested car owners should reach out to a CARCHEX representative to understand more about how much you'll need to pay for a service contract.

Founded in 1999, CARCHEX has served automotive consumers for close to 20 years. By partnering with other warranty companies that administer extended service contracts, CARCHEX can offer payment plans on extended car warranties that fit a wide range of consumer budgets at a competitive price.

View CARCHEX Warranty Reviews

The Good

• Warranty Plans Available
  • Warranty Cost
  • Warranty Length
  • Powertrain Warranty
  • Time in Business
  • Additional Features

Warranty Plans Available

CARCHEX offers five kinds of extended warranty coverage options through warranty administrators like American Auto Shield and Royal Administration Services. Each type of warranty plan offers a different level of protection. CARCHEX's extended car protection plans are:

• Titanium Coverage
  • Platinum Coverage
  • Gold Coverage
  • Silver Coverage
  • Bronze Coverage

Titanium coverage plans are the most comprehensive because they offer bumper-to-bumper coverage. These plans offer similar coverage to a factory warranty when the factory warranty has expired. CARCHEX offers five Titanium extended vehicle warranty plans.

CARCHEX offers three Platinum coverage plans. These plans offer the second highest level of coverage. These plans are not bumper to bumper. However, they do cover each major vehicle system and more.

CARCHEX’s Gold coverage plans are ideal for cars with more than 60,000 miles. These plans offer coverage for major vehicle systems. CARCHEX offers three plans at this level.

Silver coverage options offer basic coverage for a car’s major systems. CARCHEX offers three vehicle warranty plans at this level.
The Bronze plans focus on coverage for common engine and transmission repairs. CARCHEX has two extended car warranty plans at this level.

For more details information about specific CARCHEX extended warranty plans, potential clients can view sample vehicle service contracts on the company website.

The range of plans and high level of transparency means that potential CARCHEX clients can research their options thoroughly to find a service contract that meets their budget and coverage needs.

Warranty Cost

Quotes are easily obtained from CARCHEX and vary depending upon year, make, model, and mileage of the vehicle. The company offers its customers interest-free financing for up to 24 months with no down payment required and also accepts all major credit cards. Per industry norm, each protection plan usually includes a deductible.

Working with a customer service representative, potential clients can receive answers to their questions regarding cost.

Warranty Length

Unlike some car warranty companies, CARCHEX is transparent about the length of coverage that is available for each service plan. Most of the vehicle service agreements sold through CARCHEX can be purchased for a maximum of seven years.

There are also shorter terms of coverage available. Not all plans are renewable, so CARCHEX customer service representatives advise potential clients to purchase the term with the longest length.

The flexibility in contract length is advantageous for a customer because it makes it easy to find an extended vehicle protection plan that fits their needs.

Powertrain Warranty

Each CARCHEX warranty covers the engine, transmission, drive axles and other parts of a vehicle’s powertrain. The extent of coverage for these components varies by vehicle service contract and company.

Time in Business

Founded in 1999, CARCHEX has served automobile customers for nearly 20 years and has earned and maintained an A+ rating and accreditation with the Better Business Bureau.

Additional Features

CARCHEX offers a variety of different extended vehicle protection plans to fit each consumer’s specific driving habits, needs, and budget. All of the available car warranty plans featured include:

• 24/7 roadside assistance
  • Towing
  • Emergency fuel delivery
  • Flat tire changes
  • Rental car coverage
  • Emergency lockout service
  • Trip interruption assistance

Car rental benefits offer a refund, typically up to a certain amount, for rental car expenses resulting from a covered repair. Similarly, trip interruption assistance is a refund of a certain amount (specified in the extended warranty) for lodging if a trip is interrupted for covered repairs.

Car owners with a CARCHEX vehicle service agreement can also choose any licensed repair shop. Clients can avoid the high cost of dealership repairs and choose a mechanic and repair facility they trust when they need a car repair. Additionally, consumers have the option to obtain the following car warranty services:

• Key fob protection
  • Emissions coverage
  • Luxury electronics coverage

These additional features enhance the value of CARCHEX extended warranties because what the warranty covers can be adjusted to client needs.

The Bad

• Modified Vehicles Not Covered
  • Maintenance Items Not Covered

Modified Vehicles Not Covered

CARCHEX protection plans do not cover vehicles that have frame or suspension modifications such as lift kits, oversized/undersized tires or wheels, trailer hitches, or any other modification to the vehicle’s system that were not factory installed.

While other extended warranty providers also have this limitation, car owners should be aware of this limitation, especially if they are considering making modifications to their car.

Maintenance Items Not Covered

CARCHEX policies state that protection plans do not cover basic car maintenance procedures or basic car repairs, like oil changes, wiper blades, tires, spark plugs, etc.

This limitation is fairly standard among warranty providers. Most extended warranty companies also do not cover the cost of repairs or replacements resulting from normal wear and tear. Warranties also do not cover damage resulting from accidents, that's what insurance is for.

While this limitations are standard for the industry, it's good information for prospective buyers to have.

The Bottom Line

Consumers receiving quotes for extended coverage through CARCHEX will find competitive extended auto warranty cost, length, and powertrain coverage. It is important to note that, while CARCHEX manages the vehicle protection plans quoted, partnered extended warranty companies are the ones that will be paying claims on these plans.

CARCHEX warranty plans have a range of coverage levels. Car owners interested in buying a comprehensive warranty, a more limited warranty, or a warranty with a mid-level of coverage can find good options through CARCHEX.

CARCHEX warranties also include several benefits for car owners, like roadside assistance, trip interruption reimbursement, and rental car reimbursement. The rental car and trip interruption benefits only refund money when the car is in a repair shop for covered vehicle repairs.

As is the case with all extended warranty products, it is critical for customers to fully understand their requirements under the contract, since they may unknowingly void the extended vehicle warranty contract and not even know about it until a claim is needed. There are several ways that this can happen, but the most common ones are skipping recommended maintenance visits or failure to keep all records of maintenance visits.

This is something all those who are looking to buy an extended warranty should be aware of. If you do purchase warranty coverage, take good care of your car and keep your regular maintenance records.

CARCHEX is a trusted name in the car warranty industry. It is a reliable source for purchasing vehicle protection plans. Whether looking for an auto warranty for a pre-owned vehicle or coverage after the original warranty expires on a new car, we recommend considering CARCHEX.

Call our recommended rep over at CARCHEX below.

3.9

starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border
hugo dominguez
August 14th, 2019 El Paso, TX DETAILS

this company is 100 scam we paid to much and when time to cover has many excuses to don't paid already happen to my and 2 mores friends is a scam this company offer to much and don't what to cover

Assad Khoury
August 13th, 2019 Cherry Hill, NJ DETAILS

Contract to steel from you, that's what this totally legal, legitimate scam is all about. They will gladly sell you an extended warranty for your used car and then deny all your claims under the clause wear and tear. Worst they will authorize a diagnosis then dey the claim and you get stuck with the diagnosis bill. Sarcastic rude customer service agents who will gladly cancel your policy when you call. Total waste of time, energy and money.

Mike H
June 21st, 2019 Marina del Rey, CA DETAILS

Paid $6000 for a Titanium Plan. Denied coverage right away on a part clearly covered under warranty. Worst company to try and work with. don't expect any help! slow to process anything. you have to call them every. single. time. wait time are ridiculous and processing time is 30 days! the car has been at the shop for 42 days. they say it can take another 7-10 to process the claim. ALSO dont ever try to transfer the warranty either. that can take 60-90 days. they will not even talk to you if your name isn't on the contract. so the person who is transferring it better be a friend because they may have to call 10+ times just to get it transferred. horrible customer service. rude and very unhelpful.

Al
May 22nd, 2019 Fort Myers, FL

Just signs up yesterday so I can’t really rate the service yet. I will however rate the sales consultant Dan W excellent. He was very helpful in answering all of my questions. I was looking into several warranty companies and must say Dan was the most knowledgeable and helpful in making my final decision.

Cham Frank
May 21st, 2019 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

Misinformation. They have a A rating but they slide you in a warranty with a junk company, that has a B rating.

Roderick Chambers
May 8th, 2019 Columbus, OH DETAILS

I bought this warranty under the guise that it was a good one to get according to the sales rep. I saw the affiliations the company has such as AAA, and others. I also noticed Allstate insurance as a partner. Although I was never a customer of Allstate I had a bad experience from them in which they covered accident from someone who hit me, and wasn't willing to do business as other companies do in regards to paying out claims. I was leery somewhat, but I thought it was just a partner company like many corporations have within their spectrum. Well, after months of being with Carchex, I called to make certain my repair needed would be covered. I spoke to customer service over the phone and stated to them my car's issue. I was told, yeah, just take it in and pay nothing upfront for diagnostic, and only pay your deductible at the time of pick up. I asked again to make certain I'd have to pay nothing. I was then told as long as the part needed isn't an upgrade part, then it will be covered, along with my rental car expenses. So I took my car, which is German made in for repair. The part needing repaired was a blower motor, which is listed as a covered part under my contract. On the day the mechanic shop began the repairs, the manager called to get approval on my claim after diagnosing my car. He submitted it and was told he had to speak with an adjuster. He had to wait on hold for two hours for a response but got none before having to hang up to take other calls on the other phones. He tried the next day and still was on hold forever. I called myself to see if I could reach someone and if we could do a three way call since I got off work and had time. After nearly one hour being on hold in the evening, by the time an adjuster did finally answer, the shop was closed. While on the phone I explained the situaation to the adjuster, who told me the the claim was denied because of a resistor. This part needed replaced but so did the blower motor as they are two seperate part. However, Carchex assumed the two parts are the same, therefore they denied the claim. This didn't line up with what I was told by customer service who said they'd cover necessary parts and labor. This should have fallen under an out of pocket part that I had to pay, yet still cover the part that was covered, rather than denying it altogether. I see Carchex does so to avoid paying out claims and rental reimbursement. If they deny a claim, they also won't reimburse car rentals, which is what they did. My rental fees amassed to over a week and a half becuase of trying to get an adjuster to speak with the repair shop, and my going back and forth with they adjusters over this because they refused to cover any portion of my repair. All in all, I lost well over $2700 of my own money for repairs and rental fees. This doesn't include the months of wasted monthly payments I made to this scam company thinking I was covered in the event I needed to have my car repaired. The very first time I took it in Carchex didn't fulfill any part of the contract, including the parts they say are covered. Now I know why they give out vague coverage disclosures and who is truly behind all of this. It's Allstate, and their coverage is far worse than their dumb mayhem commercials! Don't fall for it like I did. They set you up with false confidence by assuring you that you're covered until you actually need the coverage you've paid for,

Martha Levine
April 17th, 2019 Boynton Beach, FL

I was interested in getting a car protection warrenty on my 2015 Altima but have been procrastinating. I received a call from CARCHEX and was pleased with the salesperson and with the protection for my car. The price was very reasonable and there's a 30day money back guarantee so I couldn't resist. I told my sister about this and she is going to call and purchase this protection for her car.

Jim GORDON
April 10th, 2019 Milford, CT

Still waiting for contract to review. Now waiting 5 days or more

Alan
April 4th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

They do a great job of making you feel great parting with thousands of dollars for a warranty that looks great on paper. What they don't tell you is THEY do not provide this warranty. They farm you out to one of those companies that have the seriously negative reviews. We ended up with American Auto Shield. We had to make a serious claim shortly after the warranty went into effect, and here it is over three weeks later and still no work has even started on our vehicle. It also turns out that they do not ever replace parts with "genuine" parts (in our case Porsche), they source used (even when there is a known issue with the part, also happened in our case), refurbished, then off-brand parts. Only in the rare case when none of these options are found will they (maybe?) approve the repair with the genuine part. We will never find out since we chose to cancel vise deal with the pain of this claim process further on this claim, much less any more. Every single call to check on the status of the claim, not exaggerating, lasted at 20 minutes of hold time, often going over an hour. After all this trouble and still nothing to show for it, CARCHEX is CHARGING us to cancel AND not giving us a full refund. I will never deal with an extended warranty ever again. I would not trust these people with your money or your vehicle.

Jamie Cunningham
November 6th, 2018 Cartersville, GA

Very good customer service and price. Will be in touch soon. This will be the warranty I purchase.

Don Elliott
October 23rd, 2018 Irving, TX

felt real good about the deal until I had a chance to read the contract! very interesting, 15 pages ie; 1page for declarations about 1/2 page for what you will cover and over thirteen pages of what you won't cover, some of which were repeated a couple times in different views, very clever. I'll have to pass.

Ron Durfey
August 30th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Their warranty for my automobile was great and helped in a dire situation with my automobile. I had engine problems and I was able to receive the coverage and customer service I expected from them.

Darrel Colanrio
July 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Very good and provided customer service in a professional manner when needed.

Anne M Landefeld
April 20th, 2018 DETAILS

facts reported are accurate and the facts are relational to the areas of concern when purchasing a car

Joe
April 10th, 2018 Ventnor City, NJ DETAILS

The provide a ok product and it's worth the cost.

Milo
March 29th, 2017

So far so good. Anthony was on point in sales. So hopefully i did the right thing. I love my vehicle. So i went with the best. Carchex. Please dont let me down if ever i need you. Thank you, Anthony.

JoannaLynn Hernandez
March 24th, 2017

Fast and accurate. . Easy to read. Received an email right after the order and was able to view the report instantly

Carmine Louis Maieli
March 17th, 2017 Tampa, FL

Christopher B, your sales agent, was very helpful in explaining all the details of the warranty packages he's offered. I was pleased to purchase one of both, value and piece of mind and would recommend Carchex and Christopher to others. Thank you.

mike
March 15th, 2017 The Dalles, OR

you were very good and helpfull thank you ... mike

Peter
March 13th, 2017 Brandywine, MD

Telephone sales were excellent; thank you for comprehensive coverage and assistance with my vehicle.

David Foster
March 6th, 2017

I paid Carchex to inspect someone else's vehicle! After completing a form online we waited four days for the inspection report to be made available. During those 4 days we were unable to get anyone to respond to our requests for updates or other critical information and the vehicle was sold to someone else. We paid over $200 for Carchex to inspect someone else's vehicle.

Glen Yearwood
March 3rd, 2017 Jamaica, NY

It was ok for starters. rep was informative and respectful

Gary Frazier
February 28th, 2017 Richmond Hill, NY

my experience thus far was wonderful the sales person mr cary was very informative of all the questions i had to ask and knowledgeable to finite degree which made my selection process the best. i hope the rest of my experience if i should ever have to use the warranty will be as great.

Billett Heiligh
February 28th, 2017 Washington, DC

customer service was great, the sales associate knew exactly what package I was looking for.

Tony Navarro
February 27th, 2017 Weatherford, TX

I just signed up New Policyholder Sales Rep. Ryan was very Helpful Thanks!

GARY COOK
February 16th, 2017 Washington, DC

The "Customer Service" rep provided a professional and detail presentation of the product and services I would be receiving upon signing up for a vehicle warranty.

Evelyn Woodson
February 14th, 2017

Was very knowledgeable very good customer service

Raymond Neyerlin
February 8th, 2017 Mobile, AL

All information was given to in clear and well delivered. I was very happy the way it went.

John Schulker
February 8th, 2017 Tucson, AZ

He did a great job in telling me all that I needed to know

Kathyrn Ann Gibbons-Bourke
January 31st, 2017 Clifton, AZ

Our agent was very knowledgeable and very courteous. He answered all my questions and I felt very comfortable dealing with him.

Martin Murray
January 30th, 2017 Hyattsville, MD

Called to cancel warranty on one car and purchased new warranty from Carly will definitely recommend to my friends

Robert Hunter Jr
January 19th, 2017 Washington, DC

Shanita answered all my questions and was very patient, Excellent customer service!

Debra Hobbs
January 16th, 2017

It has been a very joyful experience during business at Novak Motors. David (I forgot his last name) the saleman, was soo very nice and also Jason too. Both of them was very professional and friendly..There was No High Pressure sales pitch from neither one. They work real good with me and help me get the vehicle I wanted. I will be telingl all my friends and family about this company. All Thumbs Up !!!

Alexander Ferenczy
January 16th, 2017

The young women I spoke with was very knowledgeable, polite, and never pushy. She also never mentioned other companies, but focused solely on what CarChex had to offer in a very positive way, building those strengths and not deriding other companies. She continued to be helpful and pleasant, even after I said that I was just beginning the search for extended warranty and would not purchase right away. She emailed what I requested and gave the time for reading, digesting, comparing and deciding. (Another e-company representative questioned whether I had checked company reputations/reviews and was aware of their problems. She also kept returning to the "deal" I would qualify for, only if committing to purchase during that first phone call...totally pushy just to make the sale, and obnoxious when I wanted to keep shopping...) My CarChex experience was perfect...very well done!

Ginger
January 16th, 2017 Atlanta, GA

Sales agent was very informed as well as personable and professional.

Kevin Price
January 16th, 2017 Providence, RI

The rep worked with me and took the time to go over all my questions and let me go back and forth between companies till I was satisfied.

Aaron Ludwig
January 16th, 2017 Selkirk, NY

Everything was awesome. Very helpful and very easy to use. The sales associate was very responsive and answered all of my questions.

John Works
January 16th, 2017 Atlanta, GA

Customer Service agent was very helpful in my selection of the right plan for my needs

Cassandra Leigh Gonzales
January 13th, 2017

William was very professional knowledgeable and courteous. He was patient with me and my many questions as well as multiple vehicle inquiries.

Willa Moody
December 9th, 2016

Everything was explained thoroughly. The person who I spoke to was very helpful with the information that I was provided to make a decision to accept the service plan.

Bryan Lynch
December 6th, 2016 Canton, MI

Very happy with Marcus. He wasn't pushy but did professionally followed-up and answered my questions. Thank you Marcus V. Bryan Lynch

Martin Scheid
November 11th, 2016 Katy, TX

Will F did an awesome job quoting my plan and helping my decide the best option I chose for my extended warranty. I was already a customer of CarChex and wanted a competitive plan for my second car.

Joe Schrider
October 14th, 2016 Henderson, NV

Shaun was incredible. Explained my coverage and was not pushy. He worked very had to match other quotes.

Glen Tramel
October 10th, 2016 Pomona, CA

I just recently enrolled because of referral of son. He is highly satisfied with the care he receives so am sure that will be the case with me.

Dr. R. Fulton Hargrove,ll
October 6th, 2016 Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Your prority coverage exceeds the completion

Terry Onstank
August 22nd, 2016 Baraboo, WI

Thanks

Leopold Blackwood
August 12th, 2016 Linthicum Heights, MD

Took my vehicle in to get the service issues that I encountered to get repaired and the warranty covered nothing that the sales agent who sold me the warranty explained it would. Extremely disappointed and even the technician at the dealership I went to stated he had never heard of Carchex paying for repairs. The few times he processed customers that had Carchex as a coverage company, he hated telling the customer that the company would pay for nothing because of the frustration that happens. Here is it I waited 30 days and went over 1,000 miles and no warranty coverage because of the inability of the agent to disclose everything. Yes, I read the disclaimers and the warranty packet. Complete waste of my time and money.

Jim
August 10th, 2016 Reno, NV

Read the fine print on the warranty. Especially the grace period. I took my used car in for a check at the mechanics and discovered the AC compressor blew... CarChex refused to pay the bill because I took the car in "too soon". I cancelled the policy after my car sat in the dealership for a week. The process cost me time and money. Be careful when working with warranty companies.

Mike Shattles
August 5th, 2016 GA

The gentleman who handled my business was honest and professional. There was little or no pressure dealing with the sales person.

Barry Johnson El
August 5th, 2016 Chicago, IL

Very professional representative nice polite explain every detail