CARCHEX

verified
CARCHEX Logo

CARCHEX

verified
CARCHEX offers 5- and 7-year warranties at a number of levels for consumers.

CARCHEX provides vehicle protection plans that aid in keeping vehicles in good running condition. When a car manufacturer warranty expires, the owner is responsible for the costs of subsequent auto repairs. Having a vehicle protection plan can save car owners from expensive repair costs and provide peace of mind.

Founded in 1999, CARCHEX has served automotive consumers for close to 20 years. By partnering with other warranty companies that provide extended service contracts, CARCHEX can provide payment plans that fit a wide range of consumer budgets at a competitive price.

The Good

• Warranty Plans Available
  • Warranty Cost
  • Warranty Length
  • Powertrain Warranty
  • Time in Business
  • Additional Features

Warranty Plans Available

CARCHEX offers five kinds of extended warranty coverage options through American Auto Shield and Royal Administration Services. They are:

• Titanium Coverage
  • Platinum Coverage
  • Gold Coverage
  • Silver Coverage
  • Bronze Coverage

Titanium coverage plans are the most comprehensive because they provide bumper-to-bumper coverage. These plans provide similar coverage to a factory warranty when the factory warranty has expired. CARCHEX offers five Titanium extended vehicle warranty plans.

CARCHEX offers three Platinum coverage plans. These plans offer the second highest level of coverage. These plans are not bumper to bumper. However, they do cover each major vehicle system and more.

CARCHEX’s Gold coverage plans are ideal for cars with more than 60,000 miles. These plans offer coverage for major vehicle systems. CARCHEX offers three plans at this level.

Silver coverage options provide basic coverage for a car’s major systems. CARCHEX offers three vehicle warranty plans at this level.

The Bronze plans focus on providing coverage for common engine and transmission repairs. CARCHEX has two plans at this level.

For more details information about specific plans, potential buyers should view sample vehicle service contracts on CARCHEX’s website.

Extended Warranty Prices

Quotes are easily obtained from CARCHEX and vary depending upon year, make, model, and mileage of the vehicle. The company offers its customers interest-free financing for up to 24 months with no down payment required and also accepts all major credit cards. Per industry norm, plans usually include a deductible.

Warranty Length

Unlike most car warranty companies, CARCHEX is transparent about the length of coverage that is available for each service plan. Most of the vehicle service agreements sold through CARCHEX can be purchased for a maximum of seven years. There are also shorter terms of coverage available. Not all plans are renewable, so customers are generally counseled by customer service representatives to purchase the term with the longest length.

Powertrain Warranty

Coverage for the engine, transmission, drive axles and other parts of a vehicle’s powertrain is included in each CARCHEX warranty. The extent of coverage for these components varies by vehicle service contract and company.

Time in Business

Founded in 1999, CARCHEX has served automobile customers for nearly 20 years and has earned and maintained an A+ rating and accreditation with the Better Business Bureau.

Additional Features

CARCHEX offers a variety of different extended vehicle protection plans to fit each consumer’s specific driving habits, needs, and budget. All of the available car warranty plans featured include:

• 24/7 roadside assistance
  • Towing
  • Emergency fuel delivery
  • Flat tire changes
  • Rental car coverage
  • Emergency lockout service

Additionally, consumers have the option to obtain:

• Key fob protection
  • Emmisions coverage
  • Luxury electronics coverage

The Bad

• Modified Vehicles Not Covered
  • Maintenance Items Not Covered

Modified Vehicles Not Covered

CARCHEX protection plans do not cover vehicles that have frame or suspension modifications such as lift kits, oversized/undersized tires or wheels, trailer hitches, or any other modification to the vehicle’s system that were not factory installed.

Maintenance Items Not Covered

CARCHEX policies state that protection plans do not cover basic car maintenance procedures or basic car repairs, like oil changes, wiper blades, tires, spark plugs, etc.

The Bottom Line

Consumers receiving quotes for extended coverage through CARCHEX will find competitive extended auto warranty cost, length, and powertrain coverage. It is important to note that, while CARCHEX manages the vehicle protection plans quoted, partnered extended warranty companies are the ones that will be paying claims on these plans.

As is the case with all extended warranty products, it is critical for customers to fully understand their requirements under the contract, since they may unknowingly void the extended vehicle warranty contract and not even know about it until a claim is needed. There are several ways that this can happen, but the most common ones are skipping recommended maintenance visits or failure to keep all records of maintenance visits.

CARCHEX is a reliable source for purchasing vehicle protection plans. We recommend considering CARCHEX when looking for an auto warranty.

Call our recommended rep over at CARCHEX below.

Jamie Cunningham
November 6th, 2018 Cartersville, GA

Very good customer service and price. Will be in touch soon. This will be the warranty I purchase.

Don Elliott
October 23rd, 2018 Irving, TX

felt real good about the deal until I had a chance to read the contract! very interesting, 15 pages ie; 1page for declarations about 1/2 page for what you will cover and over thirteen pages of what you won't cover, some of which were repeated a couple times in different views, very clever. I'll have to pass.

Ron Durfey
August 30th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Their warranty for my automobile was great and helped in a dire situation with my automobile. I had engine problems and I was able to receive the coverage and customer service I expected from them.

Darrel Colanrio
July 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Very good and provided customer service in a professional manner when needed.

Anne M Landefeld
April 20th, 2018 DETAILS

facts reported are accurate and the facts are relational to the areas of concern when purchasing a car

Joe
April 10th, 2018 Ventnor City, NJ DETAILS

The provide a ok product and it's worth the cost.

Milo
March 29th, 2017

So far so good. Anthony was on point in sales. So hopefully i did the right thing. I love my vehicle. So i went with the best. Carchex. Please dont let me down if ever i need you. Thank you, Anthony.

JoannaLynn Hernandez
March 24th, 2017

Fast and accurate. . Easy to read. Received an email right after the order and was able to view the report instantly

Carmine Louis Maieli
March 17th, 2017 Tampa, FL

Christopher B, your sales agent, was very helpful in explaining all the details of the warranty packages he's offered. I was pleased to purchase one of both, value and piece of mind and would recommend Carchex and Christopher to others. Thank you.

mike
March 15th, 2017 The Dalles, OR

you were very good and helpfull thank you ... mike

Peter
March 13th, 2017 Brandywine, MD

Telephone sales were excellent; thank you for comprehensive coverage and assistance with my vehicle.

David Foster
March 6th, 2017

I paid Carchex to inspect someone else's vehicle! After completing a form online we waited four days for the inspection report to be made available. During those 4 days we were unable to get anyone to respond to our requests for updates or other critical information and the vehicle was sold to someone else. We paid over $200 for Carchex to inspect someone else's vehicle.

Glen Yearwood
March 3rd, 2017 Jamaica, NY

It was ok for starters. rep was informative and respectful

Billett Heiligh
February 28th, 2017 Washington, DC

customer service was great, the sales associate knew exactly what package I was looking for.

Gary Frazier
February 28th, 2017 Richmond Hill, NY

my experience thus far was wonderful the sales person mr cary was very informative of all the questions i had to ask and knowledgeable to finite degree which made my selection process the best. i hope the rest of my experience if i should ever have to use the warranty will be as great.

Tony Navarro
February 27th, 2017 Weatherford, TX

I just signed up New Policyholder Sales Rep. Ryan was very Helpful Thanks!

GARY COOK
February 16th, 2017 Washington, DC

The "Customer Service" rep provided a professional and detail presentation of the product and services I would be receiving upon signing up for a vehicle warranty.

Evelyn Woodson
February 14th, 2017

Was very knowledgeable very good customer service

John Schulker
February 8th, 2017 Tucson, AZ

He did a great job in telling me all that I needed to know

Raymond Neyerlin
February 8th, 2017 Mobile, AL

All information was given to in clear and well delivered. I was very happy the way it went.

Kathyrn Ann Gibbons-Bourke
January 31st, 2017 Clifton, AZ

Our agent was very knowledgeable and very courteous. He answered all my questions and I felt very comfortable dealing with him.

Martin Murray
January 30th, 2017 Hyattsville, MD

Called to cancel warranty on one car and purchased new warranty from Carly will definitely recommend to my friends

Robert Hunter Jr
January 19th, 2017 Washington, DC

Shanita answered all my questions and was very patient, Excellent customer service!

John Works
January 16th, 2017 Atlanta, GA

Customer Service agent was very helpful in my selection of the right plan for my needs

Aaron Ludwig
January 16th, 2017 Selkirk, NY

Everything was awesome. Very helpful and very easy to use. The sales associate was very responsive and answered all of my questions.

Cassandra Leigh Gonzales
January 13th, 2017

William was very professional knowledgeable and courteous. He was patient with me and my many questions as well as multiple vehicle inquiries.

Kevin Price
January 16th, 2017 Providence, RI

The rep worked with me and took the time to go over all my questions and let me go back and forth between companies till I was satisfied.

Willa Moody
December 9th, 2016

Everything was explained thoroughly. The person who I spoke to was very helpful with the information that I was provided to make a decision to accept the service plan.

Ginger
January 16th, 2017 Atlanta, GA

Sales agent was very informed as well as personable and professional.

Bryan Lynch
December 6th, 2016 Canton, MI

Very happy with Marcus. He wasn't pushy but did professionally followed-up and answered my questions. Thank you Marcus V. Bryan Lynch

Alexander Ferenczy
January 16th, 2017

The young women I spoke with was very knowledgeable, polite, and never pushy. She also never mentioned other companies, but focused solely on what CarChex had to offer in a very positive way, building those strengths and not deriding other companies. She continued to be helpful and pleasant, even after I said that I was just beginning the search for extended warranty and would not purchase right away. She emailed what I requested and gave the time for reading, digesting, comparing and deciding. (Another e-company representative questioned whether I had checked company reputations/reviews and was aware of their problems. She also kept returning to the "deal" I would qualify for, only if committing to purchase during that first phone call...totally pushy just to make the sale, and obnoxious when I wanted to keep shopping...) My CarChex experience was perfect...very well done!

Debra Hobbs
January 16th, 2017

It has been a very joyful experience during business at Novak Motors. David (I forgot his last name) the saleman, was soo very nice and also Jason too. Both of them was very professional and friendly..There was No High Pressure sales pitch from neither one. They work real good with me and help me get the vehicle I wanted. I will be telingl all my friends and family about this company. All Thumbs Up !!!

Joe Schrider
October 14th, 2016 Henderson, NV

Shaun was incredible. Explained my coverage and was not pushy. He worked very had to match other quotes.

Glen Tramel
October 10th, 2016 Pomona, CA

I just recently enrolled because of referral of son. He is highly satisfied with the care he receives so am sure that will be the case with me.

Martin Scheid
November 11th, 2016 Katy, TX

Will F did an awesome job quoting my plan and helping my decide the best option I chose for my extended warranty. I was already a customer of CarChex and wanted a competitive plan for my second car.

Dr. R. Fulton Hargrove,ll
October 6th, 2016 Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Your prority coverage exceeds the completion

Terry Onstank
August 22nd, 2016 Baraboo, WI

Thanks

Leopold Blackwood
August 12th, 2016 Linthicum Heights, MD

Took my vehicle in to get the service issues that I encountered to get repaired and the warranty covered nothing that the sales agent who sold me the warranty explained it would. Extremely disappointed and even the technician at the dealership I went to stated he had never heard of Carchex paying for repairs. The few times he processed customers that had Carchex as a coverage company, he hated telling the customer that the company would pay for nothing because of the frustration that happens. Here is it I waited 30 days and went over 1,000 miles and no warranty coverage because of the inability of the agent to disclose everything. Yes, I read the disclaimers and the warranty packet. Complete waste of my time and money.

Jim
August 10th, 2016 Reno, NV

Read the fine print on the warranty. Especially the grace period. I took my used car in for a check at the mechanics and discovered the AC compressor blew... CarChex refused to pay the bill because I took the car in "too soon". I cancelled the policy after my car sat in the dealership for a week. The process cost me time and money. Be careful when working with warranty companies.

Mike Shattles
August 5th, 2016 GA

The gentleman who handled my business was honest and professional. There was little or no pressure dealing with the sales person.

Barry Johnson El
August 5th, 2016 Chicago, IL

Very professional representative nice polite explain every detail

Keith R. Smith Iii
August 2nd, 2016 College Park, MD

Perfect customer service. Walked me trough what I needed

Pedro Cervantes
July 12th, 2016 Austin, TX

Dan was extremely helpful and patient answering all my questions. I love the fact that with Carchex we deal directly with them and not some middleman company. Very happy with the service they offer.

Ty Olsen
July 11th, 2016 San Diego, CA

Good customer service. Low pressure sales and very informative. Have not had the chance to use the services at this time, but impressed with the customer support.

Dan Van Dyke
July 11th, 2016 Glenview, IL

Great customer service

Judy Nullman
July 5th, 2016 Fernley, NV

We contacted Carchex for an extented vehicle protection for our Dodge Journey. Tony was our contact, he is knowable and very familar with your product. He answered all of our questions and was very polite. So we grade him a 10, he is Awesome! Thanks Al and Judy

Jim
July 5th, 2016 Albany, NY

Great customer experience. Friendly, courteous and matched competitor quote with better service. Nice job, I told all my friends.

Carlos garcia
March 19th, 2016 Garland, TX

I bring my wife buick enclave to the dealer to get my a/ c fix on 3/9/16 to fix my a/c leak and 6 day later the dealer cant work om my vehicle because carchex dont give them autorisation to work on it spoke to customer service and customer serv. Supervisor name (jason) promes to call me and here Im waitin for a call 6 day later my is about to lose her job....so Please think about it before you buy a warranty with cdontarchex