American Cruise Lines Logo

American Cruise Lines

Is This Your Business?

JO New Milford, CT

We had never been on a cruise and my husband hates crowds, so small boat cruising was a compromise. We booked an Alaska adventure and there was no compromise. It was wonderful. The service, the side excursions, the food were all wonderful. My husband is 6'2" and had no complaints about the balcony, the cabin or even the bathroom. The captain made sure we had time to experience the wonders of Alaska, even stopping to let us watch a mother bear and two cubs playing on the shore and changing course to follow a pod of whales, to give us more time to watch them. All things your big ships don't do. We have since bee on a river cruise and will be going to Puget sound this year with American.

S dele Tucson, AZ

A wonderful cruise line. If you like small ships beautiful sailing and a staff who truly understand and embrace customer service. They don’t do it because it’s a job but because they love what they do. We have taken one cruise last year going another in a few months and already talking about what cruise to take after this one. We can’t say enough about our e tire experience. Everyone is treated like family respected and no is not in anyone’s vocabulary. We think they are the BEST!!

T&S Kraft1 Royal Oak, MI

The staff and the food are highlights for us. Next comes the excursions during the day. The cabins are very nice especially those with balconies (although they are small). On our two cruises we have enjoyed the people very much but we would like there to be more age diversity. Apparently, the younger crowd has not discovered American Cruise LInes!

David R Busby Alabaster, AL

We had a wonderful time on our very first cruise this past year. Every crew member was awesome. Smile on their faces everyday. The food was simply great. Enjoyed having a menu instead of a food trough. The excursions at each stop were alot of fun and informational. The small ship allowed us to meet and get to know our fellow passengers. We have already booked another cruise for this year 2020.

Edward Rocereta Adel, GA

From boarding until disembarkation, the trip was perfectly organized, the staff friendly and helpful and the ship clean and cozy. Cruising a river, in our case the lower Mississippi, is by far superior to ocean cruising because of the various planned stops at interesting cities and the option of taking trips at these cities to historically significant sites. We look forward to our next trip with American Cruise Lines.

Judith Zaleski Springfield, IL

My husband & I have been on 4 cruises withAmerican Cruise Line and currently have 3 more booked. We have enjoyed each cruise. We especially like all of the Staff, always smiling, very friendly and will try to meet whatever needs that you may have. Like the size of the ships, the people that we meet, really like the expert lectures, the itineraries, and the food choices.Overall each of our experiences have been excellent.

Robert Herndon Brandon, MS

I love the overall experience, particularly the historical lectures we received on the Lewis and Clark Columbia River trip. It was outstanding as was the added Snake river trip. The knowledge of the lecturers was outstanding and, even though I have read several accounts of the Lewis and Clark expedition, I learned a good deal more about it from the lectures

Marilyn Cantey Campbell, CA

I’m signed up for my 10th cruise in May. What I like best is the small size of the ships. 90-100 passengers. I know you’re building bigger ships now, but I like the smaller ones best. I’ve been on the Independence twice, Cabin 220 and will be on her again in May. The food and shore excursions are great. Don’t know what I like least, maybe since I’m a Renaissance and Classical musician, some of the evening entertainment. I like the lectures of local history, flora and fauna best.

Kathleen Mary Rose Northridge, CA

I travel alone. I found the staff on the Constitution very helpful with planning my itinerary. My room was perfect for me. Since I was busy meeting new and wonderful fellow travelers, I did not miss not having a balcony! The ship has a large balcony on the 4th floor where my new friends gathered at the end of the day to share our daily experiences. Looking forward to my next trip.

Kathleen Chapman Virginia, MN

We loved our riverboat cruise on the Columbia River. We enjoyed the trips onshore and found going through the locks to be extremely interesting. The food was more than plentiful and very, very good. The staff was phenomenally helpful. The jet boat ride on the Snake River was very interesting and fun. The entertainment in the evening was always very, very good.

Linda Cedaredge, CO

We took their Mississipi River Cruise and I would highly recommend it. The boat is small enough that you get to know your fellow passengers. Each suite has its own balcony. The crew is amazingly helpful and polite. They go the extra mile to accommodate your wishes. We loved it so much that we booked one of their Alaska cruises. You won’t be sorry if you choose this cruise line.

Ellyn L Wasserbeck Richwood, OH

We have comleted our third cruise with American Cruise lines. This compnay does it right. We like it for the small ship and passenger feel. This makes it a more personal attention to detail. The venues are terrific. My absolute favorite was the Columbia/Snake River trip. The food is terrific and not that fancy "what is this" thing. They go above and beyond to make sure your trip is a great one. Thanks American Cruise Lines.

ART Long Branch, NJ

A river boat trip on the Columbia and Snake rivers is a journey through some of America's most spectacular scenic countryside. American Cruise Lines itinerary provides stops at points of interest that are both unique and wonderful to see. In addition to the sights, our trip provided a valuable history lesson as we traveled the paths of Lewis & Clark and other early explorers. We did it in style and saw the same great country they did decades ago.

South Texas Victoria, TX

Boat was somewhat difficult to find and not very handy, quite a walk to boat. Sure appreciate cruise employees taking bags so did not have to carry all the way to boat. Once on food was great and employees very professional from getting on to deportation. Negative would be inside cabin thermostat hard to set and announcements not coming in all the time.

Donnie and Dianne Shelton Louisville, KY

Hudson River Cruise was great. Enjoyed the tours with Robert and the walk through little Italy, NY. Food was outstanding and appreciative Kenny and Eric the chef . The servers Alli, Gabbi and all were very friendly and eager to make our dinning experience the best. Entertainment was wonderful especially Robert and Stephanie, and the lady that sung patriotic songs.

Jack Blachly Frisco, TX

This was my third cruise with ACL and like the others it was perfect. The management and staff went out their way to make sure everything was exceptional. Hannah B was our cruise director and you could not have a better representative on board your ships. Cruising the Mississippi constantly presents obstacles and Hannah made the changes seamless.

Carl Schroeder Saint Paul, MN

Some memories of our cruise: 1. Because of the smaller size of the boat and its design, it's possible to get anywhere on board in a couple of minutes. 2. A friendly and comfortable way to vacation; the members of the crew will help you (or each other for that matter) with a smile and good nature. 3. The food and food service are excellent; they work hard to provide a good experience for the passengers. 4. The excursions and scenery are world-class.

Cecile E. Johnson Angleton, TX

Except for room 318 our original room that flooded during the night bathroom and bedroom , being moved to 414 and two nights later that room flooded twice in one day. We did not put anything down the toilet that should not have been in there. We have taken over 25 river cruises so we know how the system works and believe me this has never happened to us before. I feel American Cruise Lines owes us some kind of compensation for the inconvenience that we had to endure. My husband asked Amelia for an American Cruise Line hat, she said she would get him one but he never did receive it. Todd was a fantastic riverlorian, he really knew his history. Could have listened to him for hours. The food was excellent. The entertainment was a lot better than the Mark Twain tour. I suggest you have happy hour not the same time as dinner. It was too early and then eat your meal

Carol Hernandez Anaheim, CA

We have cruised with American Cruise Lines 6 times over 6 years. The service & friendliness of the crew is excellent. The food & dining experience is superb. And coctails & wine are all inclusive. Our stateroom (not a suite) is spacious & comfortable. We love the breakfast room service. There is always a choice of excursions which are excellent. Booked our 7th cruise for 2020.

Sonny Donaldson Montgomery, TX

Cruise was most enjoyable. The itenarary was excellent. The staff was friendly and exceeded expectations . Captain S was most engaging about the cruise, his experience and the operation of the boat. Special recognition for service and courtesy goes to Kegen, Jason, Olivia and Loretta. The entertainer from New Orleans was the best with the couple the first to nights a distance second.

SR Faithful Woodbridge, NJ

Just called about an 11 night cruise from Baltimore to Williamsburg area. Have you ever been between Baltimore and Virginia in November for $13,000 ($500/person/day)? June? July? But November? There is absolutely nothing in St. Michael’s in November. And, it’s really not all inclusive. Celebrity, here I come.

Billy Jones Sierra Vista, AZ

Small ships equals personalized service.

Vincent Fusca Springfield, VT

Lower Mississippi River cruise in May 2022 was truly superb and recommend this cruise to anyone looking to try a river cruise. The service was first-class and the shore excursions were well planned and executed. The hotel team were fun and engaged. The boat crew were very skilled and worked well with the hotel team.

Sue Waverly, NY

Our recent Mississippi River cruise totally exceeded our expectations. The staff was so accommodating. The food was like eating every meal in a 5 star restaurant. The comfort of our room was fantastic. The tours were so interesting. We highly recommend American Cruise Lines and signed up for another cruise in 2020.

Barb Mifflin Lahaina, HI

American Cruise Lines gives customers the experience of visiting places with a relatively small number of people so that it almost feels that everyone, travelers and ship personnel alike, is family. The staff works very hard to accommodate everyone’s needs, likes and dislikes, and interests.

Pat Evans Hartland, WI

The England Cruise was our first experience with American Cruise Lines. We were pleasantly surprised by the exceptional accommodations, food, service and staff. We throughly enjoyed the cruise and are looking forward to another cruise with American Cruise Lines in August 2020.

frederick r fisher Kennewick, WA

Maine Coast an d Harbors, 09/07/19 Pleasures: Friendly,knowledgeable guides in walking tours and the fascinating museums ( Captain S was a gem ), lots of lobster, onboard speakers, and the staff and crew , especially our cruise director Jenna and our dining steward Roderick. Both interesting and relaxing, a rare combination.

Jean Leed Seattle, WA

We've enjoyed three cruises to date with ACL, and are looking forward to our fourth next May. Every aspect of these cruises has been exceptional, as described in the brochure: the tours, the entertainment, the food and drink, the staff support, and the rooms. To top it off, we also enjoyed meeting with the other passengers!

Ann Marino Newington, CT

One of the best cruise experiences I have had! The crew is wonderful- O had the feeling that I could ask them to help with anything. Other passengers were very friendly. It was great to learn more of the history of this country from well informed leaders. Can't wait to experience this type of cruise again!

Linda Parker Houston, TX

Would not go on any other cruise line. We have been so satisfied with the people we met and employees we have stayed in touch with. It was a beautiful cruise for Christmas and enjoyed everything. Planning cruise number four

Judith Tribby Crofton, MD

American Cruise Lines provides a wonderful experience aboard and on shore excursions. Our itinerary changed due to a tropical storm. Everything was done to keep us safe and informed and alternative shore experiences were provided.

Norma A Pettijohn Topeka, KS

I really enjoyed my trip last April to SE USA from Florida to North Carolina. The staff and the itinerary were wonderful! I'm signed up for the New England Islands in September. There is no Mr. Pettijohn, so please correct your emails to me in the future.

MimaBear Mesa, AZ

I LOVE small ship cruising! You get to know your fellow passengers and the crew in ways that aren't possible on big ships. The excursions, entertainment and food are all world-class. I traveled with ACL last year and am going again in April of 2020. Can't wait!

Georgine Riley Orlando, FL

We love our cruise!!!!!! The crew were excellent !!!!!!! The food and food service was outstanding. We very much enjoyed the many ports especially the San Jaun inslands and Victoria. The captain was easy and fun to talk too which is not true on many cruises. Two thumbs up !!!!! We expect to be with you again in the not to distant future.

John Rose Charlotte, NC

The Columbia/Snake River cruise was excellent. The entire crew was very helpful and courteous. The food was excellent with lots of choices. Beautiful scenery and very interesting land excursions, especially Mt. St. Helens. This was our second cruise with American Cruise Lines and have already signed up for another one on the Hudson River.

Sue A Johnson San Diego, CA

I enjoyed the slow pace and sitting on the top of the ship and watch the pretty scenery in the San Juan Islands. Friendly staff and fellow passengers were a plus. The only downside was dining. Since we were mostly seniors with hearing impairment the large tables of eight made it hard to hear the conversation. Very noisy due to passengers loud voices, again part of aging. I have no solution but it made meals stressful and I do have hearing aids. Great company and attention to details are a plus. Sue A Johnson

Julie College Station, TX

We celebrated my brothers 70th birthday and his upcoming retirement With a cruise. So much fun. Great excursions.... love how the planing is done... bus picks us up ... takes us to points of interest... taken back by the bus to the ship. Food great.. entertainment awesome

Joseph Parker Harriman, TN

We like their attention to detail. The staterooms are roomy, and the bath is a very good size compared to other cruise ships. The newest ships are well- appointed. The last time we cruised with them, the food was not as good as on other cruises. While it was plentiful, it just wasn't as delicious as other meals we have had.

Bob and Pat Tucson, AZ

We have cruised 3 times with ACL and have another booked. The ships have been very clean, the service and food very good and the staff unfailingly friendly and helpful. We like the policy of full payment for the cruise up front with no extra charges and no gratuities expected on board.

Valerie Cristiano Metuchen, NJ

Everything was top-notch. The tours were excellent and the guides were very informative, even after the main tour when you took the hop-on, hop-off shuttle, all of the drivers were very knowledgeable and helpful. The food was delicious and all of the staff were very attentive and many even knew our names! The small ship river cruising was amazing.

Daniel Maclean Brookline, NH

The best cruise line I have used, I have traveled Europe on river cruises the last 5 years with my Lady partner who was thrilled with American Cruise Lines accommodations, food, crew, And off river trips we took the New Orleans to New Orleans Mississippi River Cruse We Loved It.

Nan Kesler Virginia Beach, VA

Wonderful crew; entertainment and outings on this cruise! Bill and Laura were fantastic duo; Bill is a neat historian. Love his audio selection; nice presents for folks back home! Laura is quite the vocalist! Beautiful voice. The Ed and Dan entertainment was also wonderful. Thanks for such a great trip!

Bill Bengtson Vail, AZ

Food and drinks were great. The land tours left something to be desired. The West Point tour was fine, but the FDR tour bus was guideless, depending on the bus driver to organize us. The NYC was ok, but the walking tour of the 9/11 site was lucky not to lose anyone. And people need to use the toilet on the bus, rather than make everyone wait for at the Occulus.

Cathy Fernley, NV

Previous cruises (Southeast Alaska, Columbia and Snake, Maine Coast and Harbors) have all been very interesting and onboard experience was top-notch. The Cumberland cruise was quite sub-par and I wish I hadn’t spent the money on it. I hope this isn’t a sign of a new format. I had thought ACL was a gem, but my recent experience brings my review down. Food service was very slow and historian lectures were scheduled for daytime when we were out on excursions. Staff was forgetful of customer requests. On the upside, Fort Donelson was very interesting and the Quilt Museum was stunning

Flo Mizicko Vienna, OH

We enjoyed our trip immensely and booked for next year (our 7th) However this particular cruise had several instances in which nobody seemed to know what to do. It was because of the inexperience of the cruise people. There should be experience personnel on every cruise to help the ones who are doing this for the first time.

Hare Tanan Northfield, OH

I gave a four star for one reason... entertainment. I like the band, Judy D and the Victory Belles. I would have expected entertainment relating more to the older clientel with music that we could dance to. The restaurant servers were great, the all day alcohol was good at least I could have a drink when I wanted. The side trips that were offered were fine. I was a little disappointed in the slim showing of the captain. I generally have cruises where the captain shows up for the crew introduction and the captain's night. We had no idea who the captain was until we asked.

John Murray Bainbridge Island, WA

We have cruised several times with ACL and we did the same cruise two years ago - loved ACL. everything was wonderful with the possible exception of the dining room which is too noisy - when the boat is underway - for normal conversation, and that is why we cruise with ACL, to meet people and talk with them. John Murray

DAN AND CAROLYN ROGERS

American Cruise Line is a premier company. We have never been treated better or enjoyed other cruises like we have on this cruise line. We have done 5 cruises and are looking forward to more! Thank you for making our experiences the best ever!

JBirtolo Bradenton, FL

We love this cruise line. We've made three cruises so far and already booked our fourth. We love that the ships are small and therefore don't pack in passengers like sardines. And we've always found the crew and attendants to be nice, helpful and of good spirits.

Rick and Elizabeth Patenaude North Adams, MA

The service met the highest standards one could expect. The crew made the most of a bad situation (Bonnevile Dam closure) and did everything in its power to complete our trip in the best manner possible. The offer to grant a sizable discount on our next trip was a greatly appreciated bonus. KUDOS