US Bank

US Bank Logo

6.3

US Bank

Headquartered in Minneapolis, US Bank has been in operation since July 13, 1863. They are a consumer and commercial banking business with total assets of $403 Billion. There are over 3,000 bank offices and 5,000 ATM’s across the nation. The financial services institution provides solutions at the personal banking level as well as banking solution for small businesses, commercial organizations and governments. The Minneapolis-based company was the nation’s fifth-largest bank by deposits as of December 2013. According to Glassdoor reviews, 89 percent of US Bank employees approve of their CEO Richard K.

The Good

• Great services
  • Online banking
  • Educational expenses

Great Services

Wells Fargo Bank provide services for checking, savings, CD and Credit card accounts. They also give out loans for mortgages, automobiles, boat, RV, and to refinance. Provide investment opportunities according to your goals. Give opportunities to a financial consultant for those that want to invest 1,000 or more. They are active in helping the community and have total assets of $403 billion dollars. They provide services to consumers, small businesses, commercial and government agencies. Services provided are:

• banking with 6 different checking, 6 different savings, CDs, as well as student banking
  • investments with insurance, IRAs and retirement services, 529 plan for childrens college, and retirement plan.
  • mortgages, home loans, and refinance
  • financial services like online and mobile banking, credit cards and prepaid cards

Online Banking

To meet the needs of today's customer, US Bank has a spread of services it offers. Services provided by US Bank include:

• Online banking
  • Mobile banking
  • Mobile wallet

US Bank's mobile app allows customers to take advantage of several features including:

• Deposit checks
  • Pay bills
  • Transfer card balances

For parents who want to ensure the financial needs of their children are met, US Bank also has college savings plans. US Bank customers can choose from:

• 529 College Savings Plans
  • Coverdell Education Savings Accounts
  • Custodial Savings Accounts (UGMA/UTMA)

Educational Expenses

US Bank's options are also designed to cover educational expenses of adults who want to return back to school to finish a degree or pursue post-graduate studies. Customers will be able to use potentially tax-efficient options in their educational journey.

They also have good availability with 3,000 bank offices and 5,000 ATM's across the nation.

Customers who choose US Bank will also have an opportunity to use US Bank's other services as well including:

• Credit cards
  • Prepaid cards
  • Mortgage and refinance
  • Loans and lines of credit
  • Investing and wealth management

The Bad

• Lack of transparency
  • Expensive checking accounts
  • Maintenance fee

Lack of Transparency

For customers who prefer to choose a bank based on information available online, they may be frustrated by the amount of effort it takes to find detailed information for services like personal checking accounts. Customers will most likely have to call US Bank to request more information since details such as minimum required deposits to open a checking account is not available online.

There are banking fee's for 6 different checking accounts that you can choose meet your needs. Some examples are:

• Opening fee of $25
  • Maintenance fee depends on the account.

Expensive Checking Accounts

For easy and silver checking accounts they are $6.95 with online statements or $8.95 with paper statements, Gold checking is 10.95 or 12.95, platinum checking is 17.95 or 19.95, and premium checking 10.95 or 12.95. All of these fees will be waived if you meet requirement set by bank

• Overdraft  and returned items $36 fee
  • Other common fees

Maintenance Fee

For the six different savings account they have four out of six with a .01% interest rate. There is either a $4 or $10 monthly maintenance fee on three accounts. Despite their rapid growth as a company they have only been in business since 1990.

The Bottom Line

U.S. Bank Corp has shown they are constantly growing. They provide services to consumers, small business, or commercial company.  Provide multiple ways to interact with the company via social media.

US Bank has much to offer customers with its wide range of financial services. Customers are free to bank online or use US Bank's mobile app to deposit a check. Customers can also save for college and find ways to finance their journey in receiving a higher education.

Our recommendation: If you're in rush, choose another bank whose signup information is more readily available. If you have time when choosing who to bank with, consider US Bank. It is the fifth-largest bank in the nation after all.

3.6

Franklin Seal
June 18th, 2018 Moab, UT DETAILS

I've had my REI US Bank mastercard for 3 years. Twice in that time, their server has mistakenly taken double or triple payments from my checking account to pay my balance. Each time, when I've contacted them about their error, their representatives have stated that the money can ONLY be refunded to my checking account via a paper check in the mail. Each time, it has taken over a week and a half to get the money back. They take the money out of my account in less than 24 hours. When they make a mistake, they take more than a week to give the money back. They refuse to send it back to me using the same method that they used to take it from me. I have asked, and each time they refuse. I understand the game: though the amount they owe me is a small amount, when multiplied by thousands of small amounts, it adds up. So, every day they can delay the return of my money means millions of dollars more on their books in the long run. I'm so over it. I'm cancelling my account and looking for a card company that can return my money to me as speedily as they take it from me.😡

George Hassemer
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

personal attention/assistance with questions/waived fees

Douglas Kempf
June 13th, 2018 DETAILS

Good easy to use website, good customer service when banking in person, very responsive to a fraudulent use of my debit card

Tom
June 11th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have been a customer of US Bank over the years and I am totally happy with their accounts and account features, online banking, and lending capabilities.

Nana Asiata
June 6th, 2018 Herriman, UT DETAILS

We have been banking with US Bank for over five years and we love it. Their customer service reps are always quick to resolve any problems we've ever had. Always looking out for our best interest.

SHENA LALLY
May 17th, 2018 Dayton, OH DETAILS

Greet me by name. Do all the necessary paperwork for me. Personable.

Sylvia Harris
May 17th, 2018 The Bronx, NY DETAILS

Sometimes not able to connect..otherwise good service

Kim Fox
May 17th, 2018 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS

Lots of locations, good customer service.

Gary Whitney
May 17th, 2018 Portland, OR DETAILS

They help when you need it understand when you are having problems

LaRue Wright
May 17th, 2018 Austin, TX DETAILS

Used them for years with fantastic service

Previn T Marquez
May 17th, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS

Great credit, great income, too hard to borrow

Matt
May 17th, 2018 West Sacramento, CA DETAILS

Inconsistent with goal and expectations set for business customers.

Lynda Daluz
May 17th, 2018 Madison, WI DETAILS

Best employees and the best service without all the fees

Harvey Olff
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

a very customer friendly bank they have great rates

Blake Hunnel
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

I have a mortgage and a checking account. They are unable to give me an online account because I don't have a checking account. Lots of other little stuff too

Barb
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Easy access, in my neighborhood, good customer service

scott
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

great customer service. professional and competent. sometimes the wait time is a little bit long if I have to go in my branch for some reason. lots of branches.

Thomas
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Easy doing business, helpful when needed, many convenient locations.

Dave Mason
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Excellent service very helpful friendly go the extra mile

GEORGIA ALBERTSON
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Always helpful friendly and knowledgeable

Duane Harrison

Great internet access. Good alerts 4 checking account

MatthewMcGill
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

I feel like they charge an excessive amount of fees. They will hold funds if your account is getting low and wait for you to overdraft your account before processing all of the charges and then charging you for all the previous purchases.

Alicia Smith
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Customer service is bad at bank I never can meet with branch manager to get issues reseolved

Jacob
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

The fees are not the best when they send 'incentives' however, they will take care of your needs.

Cathy Gordon
May 1st, 2018 West Chester, OH DETAILS

This is the worst bank I've ever banked with! Mistakes and an inability to even see where they went wrong! They have the worst employees, bar none!

Michael
April 16th, 2018 Ogden, UT

Stopped by to deposit for a friend. Both tellers were nice.

Hayden Danger Barton
April 16th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

Banked year for years. Not bad at all but not the best

Brandon Schollmeyer
March 15th, 2018 Melbourne, FL DETAILS

Lied to. Payment never processed by rep.

Lindsey
December 6th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I used US Bank as my small business bank. I really enjoyed their low prices for my small business. They had lots of rewards and they have lots of bank locations where I live.

Troy Gundersen
December 5th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

US Bank has been my go-to bank for business accounts. They have the services that have helped me keep my business moving. The only drawback for me is that they don't have enough branches. I have to drive 15 minutes to get to the closest one. I know, it's a first world problem.

Hayley Lambdin
November 7th, 2017 Orem, UT

I deposit my rent checks at this bank for my landlord and the customer service is always really great and I am in and out fast.

Gary Mayer
November 6th, 2017 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Have financed my autos in the past and have been very happy with the customer service I have received from them. First rate

Bonnie Slocum
October 27th, 2017 Layton, UT DETAILS

We banked with US Bank for over ten years when we lived in Idaho. They were really awful to work with whenever we had a bank related problem. They were never helpful and always got moody when it came to pleasing the customer. They would always refer back to the company policy and say that they couldn't do anything to change it. They would stick giant fees on the account when the slightest degree of lapse occurred on the account.

Aubrey Rentschler
June 12th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Their in-store customer service was good, but the wait time on the phone was always long.

Ryan Hancock
June 6th, 2017 San Francisco, CA

I have a small business account at US Bank and I needed to get some checks. It was real difficult to get anyone in the branch to wait on me and then they ended pushing me off to another person. I will be taking my business elsewhere.