LAST UPDATED: August 28th, 2021
Back in 1985, SunTrust was founded as a banking solution for the southeast U.S. In just over thirty years, SunTrust has grown to include nearly 1,500 physical branches and 2,243 compatible ATM's. The SunTrust Plaza headquarters are located in Atlanta, Georgia and is made up of over $190 billion in assets. The current Chairman and CEO is William H. Rogers, Jr. and the bank employs over 26,000 people.
- Banking solutions
- Checking accounts
- Retirement options
SunTrust is a financial platform that provides a number of banking solutions including: personal checking, mortgage management, credit cards and consumer loans, investments and retirement, wealth management, and commercial and corporate services. Whatever the financial situation, SunTrust likely has a solution.
SunTrust offers personal checking accounts that are designed to help manage money on the individual's terms. There are no-fee features and account options that make it simple and straightforward when it comes to controlling finances. All checking accounts feature: online banking with Bill Pay, mobile banking, access to over 2,100 ATMs and 1,300 branches, debit card, and cash card cash back rewards. There are four different accounts to choose from which include the following:
SunTrust provides a number of loan and lines of credit options to their customers. While there will be requirements that are necessary to meet in order to qualify, SunTrust does diligently try to make financial situations work. These lending and credit options include:
- Balanced Banking: manage money and protect finances by limiting potential for overdrafts. ($12 monthly maintenance fee)
- Essential Checking: gain control over your money as you take the first steps toward financial confidence. ($7 monthly maintenance fee)
- Select Checking: helps keep you on the path to financial confidence and well-being with enhanced benefits. ($15 monthly maintenance fee)
- Signature Advantage: take advantage of SunTrust's premium checking account that offers exclusive benefits. ($25 monthly maintenance fee)
- Credit card
- Education Loans
- Unsecured Home Improvement Loan
- Marine and Boat Loans
- CD and Savings-Secured Loans
- LightStream Loans
- Home Mortgages
- Physician Loans and Lines of Credit
- Motorhome and RV Loans
- Personal Lines of Credit
- Home Equity Line of Credit
- Home Improvement Loans
- Motorcycle Loans
Those interested in pursuing retirement options can do so by contacting dedicated SunTrust advisors. These advisors will be able to help with individual retirement accounts, 401(k) Rollovers, and retirement investment planning. Depending on the financial background and situation, the SunTrust advisors will be able to help satisfy retirement planning needs.
- Monthly maintenance fee
Monthly Maintenance Fee
All checking accounts require a monthly maintenance fee. The fees vary in cost ($12-$25) depending on which checking account a person decides to utilize. While these fees can be avoided each month, there are restrictions that need to be met in order to keep it from being charged. These restrictions include:
- minimum daily balances
- Status as a student
- Direct deposit requirements
- Loan statuses
As an incentive to avoid monthly costs or other fees, SunTrust requires their customers to open other accounts or borrow money through one of their loan options. This essentially forces customers into conducting further business with them just to avoid a monthly fee.
The Bottom Line
SunTrust is an option individuals should look into if they live within the platform's service area. If this is the case, there are a number of quality banking and financial services available. Those that use SunTrust for their financial and/or banking needs can expect the following from the platform:
- Multiple checking and savings account options
- Loans and credit solutions available
- Monthly fees for various accounts
- Retirement solutions
Was this content helpful?