TutorMe is an online service that offers both virtual tutoring and online test preparation courses. Their vision is to enhance the way the world learns. "TutorMe gives anyone with expertise the ability to share their knowledge and makes it unbelievably easy."

#2 Mathhelp.com chevron_right
4.1
#3 Studypool chevron_right

The Good

• Learning Tools
  • Tutor Availability
  • Subjects Offered
  • Tutor Qualifications

Learning Tools

TutorMe offers a variety of learning resources. With TutorMe, students can access video conferencing, audio and text chat, shared whiteboard space, and file sharing. The variety of options allows each student to find the tool that best fits his or her learning style.

Tutor Availability

TutorMe tutors are available to their students 24/7, 365. In less than three minutes, they can connect with an expert. Also, TutorMe allows their students to either choose their tutor or have TutorMe match them up with one. Most companies only offer one option.

Subjects Offered

TutorMe has one of the best varieties of subjects available in the tutoring industry. They cover basic courses such as English, science, math, and foreign languages, but they also offer subjects such as computer science, engineering, humanities, professions, and more. They offer a total of 299 subjects.

Tutor Qualifications

In order to become a tutor with TutorMe, applicants much have previous tutoring or teaching experience in addition to a mastery of the subjects tutored. Also, they need to be enrolled in or have graduated from an accredited university. Tutors can find a long list of frequently asked questions about applying that can answer all qualification questions on the TutorMe website. Several competitors do not have any formal processes in place to hire tutors, so TutorMe shows a great level of reliability by having a process in place.

The Bad

• Pricing
  • No In-Person Tutoring

Pricing

They list their costs as $29.75/hour with their plan that includes four hours per month. Some competitors charge much lower hourly rates.

No In-Person Tutoring

Though TutorMe offers a variety of online services and tools they do not provide any in-person tutoring sessions. Students seeking a face-to-face tutoring experience will have to seek other companies.

The Bottom Line

We recommend TutorMe as a great option for online tutoring services. They have great resources and experts to help students across a wide variety of subjects. TutorMe requires their tutors to have both experience and expertise. Their availability also makes them a great choice for many customers. We suggest making sure their price is in your budget before making a decision.

Briahna DeAnda

January 20th, 2021 Kyle, TX

I am new to TutorMe.com, and have so far only had good experiences. Students are pleasant to work with, and the site is easy to use. I highly recommend being a tutor with TutorMe.com!

Jitzel Lopez

January 16th, 2021 Yuma, AZ

I like that tutor me can find the best people to help me and i got so many good grades as soon as i started to use the site i love it and all the teachers are very helpful .I also like that you find a tutor in less then 40 seconds .

Brittany Lee

December 28th, 2020 Denver, CO

Variety of different types of tutors with varying personalities & strengths. I really love that this service has allowed me to meet amazing individuals with similar academic interests & ambitions. It's available 24/7, & it's designed with the student in mind. Would recommend to peers.

Sahar Waseem

December 18th, 2020 Fremont, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got really excellent tutors for english! i mostly used this platform to get feedback on my research papers and for basic critique on my essays and I have managed to secure great scores whenever I have used this platform! The tutors are so kind and helpful and they are amazing to work with! I love their energy!

Esmeralda Rodriguez

December 17th, 2020 ,

As a new college student tutorme helped a lot to break things down for me !

Makalia Smith

December 13th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When using tutorme, I always have the best experiences. I always come with lots of questions or need help understand what exactly I need to do. All of the teachers are super helpful and always answer all of my questions. Every time I use TutorMe for an assignment, I never get a low grade!

Jose

December 11th, 2020 Pearland, TX

Tutor me is great. I love how tutoring sessions can operate 24/7.

A Dub

December 8th, 2020 Santa Fe, NM

Tutor me has helped me a lot this term. I was really having a hard time understanding some of my course work. They broke it down to where I could understand it and helped me find a few sources to look up topics.

Louise Chen Johns

November 25th, 2020 Ashburn, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The overall experience is great. I like the tutor I selected for my daughter's Mandarin lesson, she is very responsive and good with kids.

Sumnima Bhandari

November 17th, 2020 , TX

Tutorme has helped me a lot with my school works. Every tutors I’ve ever interacted with are very generous and helpful. The best part is it’s 24/7 so you can get help anytime you want.

dorry roberts

November 9th, 2020 Archer, FL

Each person that tutored me answered all my questions with accuracy. They treated me with respect and explained things on a clear and precise level.

Anita

November 6th, 2020 Ladera Ranch, CA

I am currently a new student at Ashford, doing my MBA. Week 1 of school, I was struggling with my assignment, and the night before it was due, I decided to go on tutor me. My tutor Rohn connected with me and worked with me for over 2 hrs. He was very patient and even persevered through the technical difficulties I was having with my computer. He even schedules a lesson for the next morning to do a final run through my assignment and proofread before uploading it. Now I only connect with him because of his level of service given. And guess what? My studies were all 100%. You go, Rohn A. Tutor me is very lucky to have you as a tutor. Tutor me is a great platform. I recommend it. Don't miss it. Skip the assignment when you can use tutor me.

Azeem Sohani

October 30th, 2020 Houston, TX

Really helpful 24/7! I have had wonderful help from them

Destinee Rivera

October 27th, 2020 Marietta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love TutorMe, it has helped me a lot in the past and helps me a lot currently (taking Organic Chemistry II). My only complaint is sometimes it glitches out, and I get disconnected from my lesson, but it always once that happens it lets me know that I won’t be charged since my session was interrupted. Customer service/IT/help desk respond within 24 hours as well. TutorMe will for sure help you out through school, whether it’s college or high school. You’re able to connect with live tutors who respond and answer all your questions you may have :)

Chelsea

October 27th, 2020 Ellensburg, WA

TutorMe is a wonderful resource. Its gives students a place to receive help with assignments in a timely fashion

zach favela

October 25th, 2020 Aurora, CO

Before covid me and my wife really like going to the tutor center on campus. But to be honestly I REALLY like this better. With this tutorme I dont have to wait on a available tutor to help me. Before, it was hard to find time to get in with the tutor because of work or classes. Now its the other way around. I can get sign in when I have time from my desk at home and see a tutor whenever I want to. I like the fact I can reach to the same tutor every time for help. A simple message to them to see when they are available and thats it! OH! you can save the lessons so you can go back to them which I LOVE so much! Once this covid is over with I would still use this.

Breanne Whittaker

October 23rd, 2020 Miamisburg, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I absolutely love TutorMe! They are available 24/7 which is nice when you’re in a pinch and need help with whatever subject your working on. Tutor me has some of the best tutoring services I have ever used along with some of the best tutors I’ve ever used as well! Very convenient! Thank you for all that you have ever helped me with and or will help me with TutorMe!!!

Meredith Rix

October 22nd, 2020 Milwaukee, WI

I never thought I needed a tutoring service for my papers or my writing skills, but Tutor Me has saved me these past few weeks and I am grateful beyond anything for this service to help me complete my work on time even if it means staying up late to do so!! Thanks, Tutor Me!

Kailey Lloyd

October 21st, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

TutorMe has been a super lifesaver for me. As an online student who works full time, I am never able to get help from my professors since I am not home during their open hours. Being able to log in 24/7 and get help from someone experienced and talk through the material has helped me not to fail Chemistry. I love TutorMe and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Sydney Bickler

October 21st, 2020 Sedalia, CO

Easy process to get connected with a tutor. They are able to show you work on the whiteboard and you can save the whiteboard as a pdf for later. It’s best when the tutor is able to use the microphone, otherwise it can take a long time to get through the tutoring. Overall easy process and nice tutors.

Antonio Ureno

October 21st, 2020 Wichita, KS

I've been struggling with Chemistry and instead of simply giving me the answer, tutor me tutors work with me to teach me how to get the answers. I'm getting more sleep because of tutor me.

Harnauth Sewsankar

October 19th, 2020 ,

TutorMe was fantastic in assisting me throughout my ECON 705 studies. I will certainly recommend for future students. My selected Tutors were great and of high quality.

Roxana Perez

October 9th, 2020 ,

I really enjoy working with TutorMe. As a college student myself, I appreciate the flexibility it offers as well as the decent pay they provide. The platform is very easy to use and has all the resources you could potentially need as a tutor and as a student. If you are a student looking for some extra help or a way to earn some extra cash, I totally recommend TutorMe.

Anahi G.

October 9th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm a college student taking math 1090, I was really struggling with my math. I had the best time with my tutor, she was more than willing to work with me and help for hours at a time. I have tried other platforms of tutoring, but nothing has worked as well as TutorMe. I recommend it 5/5. The tutors have great communication skills, are knowledgeable, and patient. They are kind and more than willing to work with your schedule.

Shannon Ray

October 4th, 2020 Mesa, AZ

TutorMe is great, I use it for my accounting grad school courses. I have had awesome tutors who help me succeed and do well in the classroom. I have not had any bad experience.

Estefani Guiracocha

October 1st, 2020 Minneapolis, MN

TutorMe is an easy way to connect with tutors instantly and receive help on a variety of subjects. There are many interactive tools as well which help in understanding the material better. The tutors are super helpful and tailor to your needs regarding how you learn best and what is easier for you

Kaijha Joachim

September 29th, 2020 Springfield, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I come to tutor me a lot and my experience has been amazing. They help me with my homework assignments that’s I have and they always explain it throughly, and in a way I could get it. They also make sure that I understand the topic and makes me feel comfortable to ask them questions. I’ve been through a lot of tutors and most of them were great.

Sebastian Garcia

September 22nd, 2020 San Antonio, TX

TutorMe is a great platform to study and learn without any problems. The mentors in this platform are great, they teach you to step by step and are really nice. Love this for college courses.

Cole Pena

September 12th, 2020 Booneville, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the diversity ans finding tutor that I work well with. I'm not able to block certain tutors who I don't like which is awkward to tell them. I want a button that gives me the opportunity to not be matched with certain tutors

Michael G.

September 5th, 2020 Jersey City, NJ

Very patient and knowledgeable. Learning new content for the first time can be overwhelming especially when it's crammed into a 5 week course. Would recommend this tutor, for sure.

Haile Erilus

August 26th, 2020 Roxbury, MA

This service is priceless, and the caliber of informed tutors makes me want to keep working with them. I recommend anyone who is thinking about this service to try it and see for themselves. I dont think i would have continued pursuing my degree with as much confidence had it not been for all my tutors. I thank you all so much for your input and critics.

s winter

August 18th, 2020 Canyon, TX

I just started as an online tutor, but love it so far. Very helpful training videos to help navigate the program and easy to use and responsive chat feature for quick help.

Sonia

August 18th, 2020 San Diego, CA

Nice tutor. Was very helpful and explained everything.

Sam

August 17th, 2020 Tacoma, WA

The lesson space where tutors and students collaborate is well-equipped to handle all kinds of questions and material, and the writing labs function is very helpful for students to receive writing feedback and tutors to do asynchronous work. The biggest downside is that jobs are hard to get at first- you have to be really fast to claim them, unless you want to work odd hours.

Letitia Calloway

August 9th, 2020 Danville, VA

I've had nothing but good experiences with tutorme. The tutors are so knowledgeable and helpful. I have one that I just love. Ashley S. has been helpful from the beginning. She is so understanding and patient. She listens to what I have to say and then we move from there. I wish I had of known about this last year when I was struggling with math. It would been so helpful and I probably would've been done with all of my schooling by now. Thank you so much tutorme for all the help.

RONALD SAINVIL

July 28th, 2020 Springfield, MA

I really like the tutor's professionalism, their patient and willingness to help students 24/7. It good to have professionals that can help a student with their assignment before the final submission. Keep on doing the excellent work !

Bree Dail

July 28th, 2020 Escondido, CA

I would not have passed my class without these guys. I got a 96% super happy.

Iqraa Bismi

July 13th, 2020 Tampa, FL

24hrs tutoring available. I can try studying with different amazing tutors, if I understood any of my tutors well, I have the option to work with them again whenever needed. I can come back to the site, and see the past lessons which always stays saved. Using Text Editor is SO convenient.

Victoria Kalyne Bennette

July 13th, 2020 McMinnville, OR

I love everything about TutorMe. TutorMe has allowed me to receive private tutoring while in this pandemic and each tutor I was matched with has given me ample help with practice problems while being thorough about making sure I understand concepts.

Yesha Patel

July 7th, 2020 Glen Burnie, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

One of the best. Very helpful also recommended to my friends to. It’s cheap if you do your payment pay as u go.

Brittany Carrigg

July 1st, 2020 Walterboro, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love having tutorme available to me as a resource. I gives me peace of mind having knowledgeable, patient, and friendly tutors a click away. I am always matched with a tutor that suites my subject and they work with me to ensure all questions are answered

Ryan Berray

June 30th, 2020 Oviedo, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Accounting Department of Tutors has been wonderful in making sure I understand each question that I've brought to them and given a definite answer. Would recommend when you are struggling and once you find a person you really connect with it becomes even easier to get the help you seek with a person that can explain it to you in one on one sessions with ease.

william hicks

June 7th, 2020 Chattanooga, TN

As a student at Ashford University, I have found the tutoring I have received from the tutors provided through TutorMe exceptional. The tutors provide insight that increases my educational experience. While I was hesitant to utilize their services at first, I now have no hesitation to log on to their website for guidance.

ACP Teams, LLC

May 13th, 2020 Riverside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is a scam artist Buyer Be WARE!! We have a college planning company and paid them upfront for services. We had problems with our IT person getting it to work on our website. Alex is very slow to respond. After several months of it just not working out we asked for our money back and they would not give it back. We tried to do a charge back with our CC but were unsuccessful due to they submitted a contract that was with an entirely different company, not us as we were formed in APril 2019. Bottom line we paid for service hours have not received our service hours and want a refund. Clients should be given their back their money if it is requested as long as no service hours were used. This company will not give you back your money they will make up lies and drag things out. They should not be working with students/minors. Now in the middle of a pandemic I have to go after them legally. Go with any other tutoring company!! Charlene Fell

Marko Danial

May 2nd, 2020 Antelope, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

TutorMe was a great tool for school! It allowed me to learn and get my grades up more efficiently!

j chatmon

March 20th, 2020 Lancaster, CA

I was all set to sing the praises of tutorme.com - the platform is very user-friendly, I enjoy the interaction with the students, my experience has been nothing but enjoyable. Until today, 3/20/2020, when I went to log into the system and told my application was rejected - after having been approved as a tutor in January 2020, and tutoring weekly since then. When I emailed support, Laura responded with, "We are very sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your account suspension. As you may know, we pride ourselves on providing excellent quality to our students and, as such, we maintain strict quality assurance policies. Please note that the suspension of your account does not affect your payments and any outstanding payments for work you have completed will be paid per the usual schedule. While we are unable to provide further details regarding your account suspension, if you have further questions regarding outstanding payments, please email us directly". Huh? I emailed back asking for guidance on who would be able to provide details, as well as direction where I could find verbiage indicating such a suspension was a possibility. I have yet to receive a response. I am frustrated and disappointed.

Shelby Cain

March 12th, 2020 Montgomery, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awesome! TutorMe greatly helped my career as a writer and I appreciate them so much.

Khadijahtu

March 8th, 2020 West Des Moines, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

An excellent app that provides many topics and subjects that you may need assistance on! They offer everything from help on business topics such as entrepreneurship to basic math. Tutors are well trained and experienced! You truly build great connection with your tutors. It's a home away from home! Super grateful for the sense of community!

Jonathan

March 7th, 2020 Oklahoma City, OK

The tutors with TutorMe have been very helpful in me understanding my Discrete math problems. I highly recommend anyone needing help with a core subject to try TutorMe services!

LPC

March 4th, 2020 Grand Junction, CO

I was looking to make some extra money and my field has fairly limited opportunities for that. I saw a post that TutorMe was looking for new hires in my field, and applied after looking through the profiles of others on TutorMe in my area of expertise. I like that I can login and, if timing permits, make some extra money doing interesting work that helps students succeed. I also appreciated in their orientation packet the expectation of high ethical standards and that students wouldn't have work done for them. That's meaningful for me, especially since I know other companies (e.g., paper mills) do that kind of stuff - that goes against the grain for me, and I'm happy TutorMe is way better than those other services. It's about learning, helping others succeed, and sharing expertise. Love it!