TutorMe is an online service that offers both virtual tutoring and online test preparation courses. Their vision is to enhance the way the world learns. "TutorMe gives anyone with expertise the ability to share their knowledge and makes it unbelievably easy."

#2 Studypool chevron_right
#3 Mathhelp.com chevron_right
2.7

The Good

• Learning Tools
  • Tutor Availability
  • Subjects Offered
  • Tutor Qualifications

Learning Tools

TutorMe offers a variety of learning resources. With TutorMe, students can access video conferencing, audio and text chat, shared whiteboard space, and file sharing. The variety of options allows each student to find the tool that best fits his or her learning style.

Tutor Availability

TutorMe tutors are available to their students 24/7, 365. In less than three minutes, they can connect with an expert. Also, TutorMe allows their students to either choose their tutor or have TutorMe match them up with one. Most companies only offer one option.

Subjects Offered

TutorMe has one of the best varieties of subjects available in the tutoring industry. They cover basic courses such as English, science, math, and foreign languages, but they also offer subjects such as computer science, engineering, humanities, professions, and more. They offer a total of 299 subjects.

Tutor Qualifications

In order to become a tutor with TutorMe, applicants much have previous tutoring or teaching experience in addition to a mastery of the subjects tutored. Also, they need to be enrolled in or have graduated from an accredited university. Tutors can find a long list of frequently asked questions about applying that can answer all qualification questions on the TutorMe website. Several competitors do not have any formal processes in place to hire tutors, so TutorMe shows a great level of reliability by having a process in place.

The Bad

• Pricing
  • No In-Person Tutoring

Pricing

They list their costs as $29.75/hour with their plan that includes four hours per month. Some competitors charge much lower hourly rates.

No In-Person Tutoring

Though TutorMe offers a variety of online services and tools they do not provide any in-person tutoring sessions. Students seeking a face-to-face tutoring experience will have to seek other companies.

The Bottom Line

We recommend TutorMe as a great option for online tutoring services. They have great resources and experts to help students across a wide variety of subjects. TutorMe requires their tutors to have both experience and expertise. Their availability also makes them a great choice for many customers. We suggest making sure their price is in your budget before making a decision.

Dahyeon Jeagarl
November 5th, 2019 Brookline, MA DETAILS

I really love experience in TutorMe and willing to use TutorMe until my graduation. The best thing about this site is that you can ask any questions to experts and get perfect explanations. For example, I struggled a lot in chemistry but I could not go to every office hour or help hours because I had to spend time in other classes. Every time I have any problems, I simply logged on TutorMe and asked chemistry teachers in TutorMe. Tutors are extremely helpful. They take their time to make you understand the single material and care for you a lot. TutorMe is a best website for students who want to save their time and willing to learn.

Teresa Jorgensen
October 28th, 2019 Portsmouth, VA

As the world is moving more digital, TutorMe is an excellent platform to connect students and tutors. *I have not used the platform as a student.* Using the platform as a tutor has been easy to use and navigate. As a professional librarian on a sabbatical (currently as a stay-at-home mom), I love that TutorMe lets me continue doing what I love as a librarian on my own time. With a small child I do not have a regular schedule and TutorMe allows me to work around that. My only gripe with the Tutor Me platform is that I cannot help more than one student at a time. I have been using this platform for a week now, and plan to continue using it indefinitely.

Chris
October 22nd, 2019 Rock Island, IL

I've been a tutor with TutorMe for about a month now. The company support for tutors is very good. The students have been awesome to work with. I really enjoy being able to tutor when I want to without ever leaving my home. They use a weekly pay system through PayPal which is very convenient. I appreciate having a little extra cash in my pocket while doing something that I love to do.

Fahed A
October 18th, 2019 Memphis, TN

Services are ok. Most of the tutors don't reply even when they are online. When contact with the support team about any question, they don't answer immediately, they usually say we will contact you in 4 hours but expect to receive any response in 3-4 days or sometime you will not even get a response. Tutors are good, mostly graduate students from big universities. But companies charging policy is very disappointing, if you get help for 29 minutes, you will get charged for 30 minutes but if you get help for even 1 second more than 30 minutes, you will get charged for 45 minutes and sometimes even 1 hour. I was disappointed because when I tried to contact them, they even didn't reply. There is no customer service phone number, the only way to reach them is through email or chat which will be answered in days. I am just satisfied with tutors but I am not satisfied with overall services.

zaliyak
September 25th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

It's great when you get the right person.

Kemi Rufai
September 9th, 2019 Broken Arrow, OK DETAILS

TutorMe is extremely helpful in aiding me with homework, and furthering my knowledge of concepts discussed in class.

AmandaB
June 11th, 2019 Crawley, WV DETAILS

TutorMe is a must-have, a true asset! I'm leaps and bounds ahead in my class and understand everything that others are struggling with. It is worth every penny!

Akruti
April 29th, 2019 Royal Oak, MI

This has been one of the best tutoring websites I have been with. I have tried many others but this offers the best flexibility of hours. You don't need to schedule appointments you just log on and take students as they pop up. Sometimes it can be slow and no students will need tutoring, so it's not for someone who is looking for a stable income. But as someone who as an irregular work schedule, I can just pop on the website whenever I am free and start tutoring on the spot.

Ali Khalil
April 1st, 2019 Santa Barbara, CA

TutorMe is a company that works to ensure the academic success of students around the world. Tutors specializing in a wide range of subjects are readily available to assist students with their academics needs on a highly-optimized learning platform that empowers both students and tutors to succeed. TutorMe is continually working to improve its services to ensure the best experience possible for students and tutors so to achieve an overarching goal of making quality education widely accessible.

Clair
March 15th, 2019 Antioch, TN

Love love love this so much, no matter what time it is or where I am at I can always find help whenever I want. Everyone is excellent and very sweet and helpful. Highly recommended!!

Sonny Hammoud
March 13th, 2019 Shreveport, LA

Very helpful, just needs the hour limits to be less strict.

Erica Collins
February 6th, 2019 Alvin, TX DETAILS

I started using tutorme for math because I really needed help. I was really amazed at how awesome and easy was to get a hold of a tutor in a matter of seconds. I have met some really smart educated people that have taught me so much in so little time. What is so great also is that you can use the application on your desktop and video chat as well. I really recommend using tutor me it is worth every penny.

ANGRY CUSTOMER
October 19th, 2018 Louisville, KY

TOTAL SCAM!!! I signed up for the "free" 30 minute trial which I never even used. I was then charged $69!!! I have emailed and not gotten a response. I have tried the live chat and as soon as I mentioned the fraudulent charge they stopped responding. TERRIBLE COMPANY. DO NOT USE!!!

TutorMe Logo

Reply from TutorMe

Oct 22, 2018

Hi Amanda, sorry for the delay in taking care of your request. Our records indicate that we processed a full refund a few days ago.

Emily
October 16th, 2018 Voorhees Township, NJ

I love tutorme because while I work on my other careers and I am on the computer, it lights up and lets me know if there is a student in need of tutoring.. instead of just being on the computer looking online..I can be productive and help a student in need! There is no better feeling then when a student says you were the most helpful or just even thank you so much. To be able to teach what I know and have someone express genuine gratitude is everything and this platform is not only affordable but helpful in every way.

Hana Shigematsu
October 4th, 2018 Beverly Hills, CA

Total fraud, they charged us for two hours of tutoring when I only used their trial session. Stay away.

TutorMe Logo

Reply from TutorMe

Oct 16, 2018

Hi Hana, we are terribly sorry your experience with TutorMe was less than perfect. Please email us at [email protected] so we can make this right.

Ashwin Sancheti
September 4th, 2018 Akron, OH DETAILS

Its a great company. Addresses on feedback and responds promptly. Great help for students and a flexible job for tutors

Angelica Town
April 13th, 2018 Yuma, AZ

Amazing! This website makes it so much easier to teach English and math online. The tools available are unique and irreplaceable. I love it!

Shailendra Kumar
March 26th, 2018 DETAILS

I enjoy working on TutorMe. It just helps me to get extra income and lots of improvement in my knowledge. Thanks to TutorMe for creating this amazing Platform.

Karan Lumbhani
March 26th, 2018

It's just the best site for online teaching and helps to gain valuable experience. The payment is also good and is made each week without any problem. The staff is also great and helpful

Khrystina Calo
March 23rd, 2018 Indianola, IA DETAILS

TutorMe provides various tutors of various subjects. It's quick and easy to use.

Stephen Throndsen
March 20th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

Great on demand tutoring that is affordable and reliable

Aaron R
March 19th, 2018 Healdsburg, CA DETAILS

As a student overwhelmed with numerous classes that can't always utilize my institution's tutors, TutorMe has provided me with an extraordinary alternative. Getting connected with tutors has never been easier. TutorMe has a wonderful learning platform that helps equip even the most struggling students with tools for academic success. The tutors are as helpful as they are congenial. I would highly recommend this service to anyone that needs to retain information quickly.

DEVISREE K
March 6th, 2018

A very nice learning platform with a well equipped lesson space. Students will enjoy learning.

Ashfak Shaik
March 5th, 2018

To be honest, it's an awesome platform to gain/share knowledge. Being a tutor, I loved teaching to students on TutorMe. It always excites me to teach others even the basic stuff. I would like to thank the whole team for this opportunity. And coming to payments, they are just accurate and no delays/issues so far. I strongly recommend people to join TutorMe and gain knowledge

Kriselle Ann Dada
March 1st, 2018 DETAILS

TutorMe is the best friend of those students who are struggling. You can easily find expert tutors covering different subjects. It also provides great opportunity to earn a decent amount for those who would like to apply as a tutor. I would highly recommend this to you!

Harsh Mehra
February 26th, 2018 DETAILS

Extremely flexible for both students and tutors. A tutor like me can easily decide how much time I wish to devote to it, and how much it is worth. A student getting the benefits of the tutor's knowledge can first gauge his abilities, then ascertain if he/she wishes to continue with that particular tutor or not. Extremely convenient pricing, which is attractive to both tutors and students.

Priyansh Gattani
February 21st, 2018 DETAILS

Tutorme is one of the best sites for a student to clear his her doubts. They have a great setup to explain doubts and also have a platform for video chat as well so it very helpful in explaining the doubts as well. I really appreciate the platform and it is quite easy and very helpful as well.

Francesca
February 20th, 2018 Woodland Hills, CA DETAILS

Tutorme makes tutoring easy. I had such a difficult time getting help on my school's campus because most of the time the tutors would cancel our sessions. It is so convenient to use Tutorme because you can request a tutor at any time of the day and for any subject I need help with. This service saves me both time and money, I definitely recommend their services to students who have a tough time getting help in person.

Anna Blanco
February 8th, 2018 Klamath Falls, OR

TutorMe is the absolutely best option out there for tutoring. For the busy mom with a sassy toddler, TutorMe allows me to tutor from the comfort of my own home at any time convenient for me. TutorMe has a variety of highly educated sources that can help any any academic subject needed. I get the help needed to answer my questions and have never turned in a wrong answer! I highly recommend TutorMe and appreciate what they offer!

Bradley
February 5th, 2018 Little Rock, AR

Decent way to make extra cash. Good if you are sitting around with nothing else to do.

mariah lynch
January 30th, 2018

Easy to navigate, easy for students to share information with me and me with them. Started out slow but after a month I'm busier for sure. Feel like this is a great tool for students and also for the Tutors. I've enjoyed it so far and payment has been right on time.

Lashawndra Cox
January 29th, 2018 Atlanta, GA

I love this help, they work with you and explained things to where I didn't feel so unclear.. Tutors helps students want to submit their assignments, instead of giving up and failing.. Thanks so Much!!

Ashley
January 22nd, 2018 Orlando, FL

I've been working for TutorMe for about a month now and I absolutely love it. TutorMe really makes the whole process simple in terms of connecting with students and payment there after. At first it was kind of difficult to obtain clients but after I got a few, the growth was exponential. I highly recommend this company to any students that need tutoring and any graduate students (or beyond) in need of some extra cash!

Cheyenne Anderson
January 8th, 2018 Woods Cross, UT

I love to tutor me. The tutors are wonderful and make sure that you have an understanding and will not let you walk off without not understanding. Not to mention they are so kind and so understanding you don't feel like you need to be rushed into anything.

Shruthi V.
January 2nd, 2018 Dublin, CA DETAILS

tutor me is super helpful! even if you have one tutor that’s not very helpful, you have hundreds more to help you learn the subject of your choice. overall, it’s a win-win. Pricing can be decided on how often you use tutor me and it’s worth it if you find the perfect tutor for you.

Anand Ramesh
December 13th, 2017 DETAILS

An excellent website. As a current tutor in TutorMe with previous work experience in Chegg, toppr etc. I think TutorMe is the best among all the existing tutoring websites. The lessson space is incredible, features are amazing and their tie-ups with universities and colleges help the students experience the website with cheap price. As a tutor, it is an absolute delight to work for TutorMe, which helps me earn few extra money by providing quality Service

Melissa Shann
December 11th, 2017 Humble, TX DETAILS

TutorMe has been a great help to me during my last two classes of Accounting, which have been stressful and a great struggle for me. The tutors I've encountered have been a great help, knowledgeable in their craft, and willing to put forth the effort to help break down the information for the understanding of that particular problem. I would highly recommend TutorMe for their services!

Pam Coleman
December 7th, 2017 Hempstead, NY

As a tutor, it is my favorite website to use. During the peak months, there are plenty of students seeking assistance. The website, also lets me know if the student has an account set up. The platforms are very user friendly and easy to navigate for someone that is a 1st time user.

Haidy gabra
December 4th, 2017 Nashville, TN DETAILS

The tutors are amazing they really help and explain the concepts better thank the professors.

Samantha Badeau
November 29th, 2017 Athens, GA DETAILS

I came across TutorMe while looking for a website that will provide for all of my needs since my school doesn't have a lot of available Tutoring opportunities for the classes I am taking as a STEM major. TutorMe is quite a blessing and it has ALL the classes I am taking and more!The tutors are quite responsive and quick to figure things out with me and I have been getting satisfactory results in my work because of it. I plan to be using TutorMe until it is time for me to graduate. 10/10 amazing website!

Mateusz Swulinski
November 22nd, 2017 Edison, NJ

As a Tutor for TutorMe, I have been able to give back to the community by helping students work through questions, essay, and everything in between. The platform is quick and easy to use and the matching system is intuitive.

Chris Bailey
November 16th, 2017 Chiloquin, OR DETAILS

TutorMe is incredible. I have tutors available at school but it is an hour drive there. TutorMe is a lifesaver for me. I can access it from home and get the help that I so desperately need to maintain a good grade. The tutors are always so helpful and make sure that you understand before you leave the lesson space. Thanks to all the helpful individuals that have assisted me. I would and always recommend TutorMe to my fellow classmates.

Akshay Kumar
November 15th, 2017 Indianapolis, IN

TutorMe is a great service for tutors and students alike. I have connected with a lot of students and helping them out whether it was a simple one question problem or an hour or two hour long session for a more conceptual understanding was very easy for me to do. They have a great platform that allows for whiteboard writing, file sharing, code editing, and general purpose text editing and all of it works seamlessly!

DENIS GONZALEZ
November 13th, 2017

As a professional of distance education, I can assert that TutorMe is a great, original and very generous teaching environment for all of us who do educational work there. Tutors are required to give special treatment to students, while we have all the necessary tools to transmit our knowledge. It is a friendly system, easy to use, it is greatly enjoyed both learning and teaching.

Emily Petrizzi
November 13th, 2017 Trumbull, CT

TutorMe is a great site to be a tutor on. The customer service is fast and reliable. There are ample opportunities to tutor students at all hours of the day. The pay is reliable and timely. I highly recommend anyone to use this site as a tutor or as a tutee.

Laura Gonzalez Mantecon
October 25th, 2017

Great site! The lesson space is really intuitive and versatile, and the interface in general is great. I have never used it as a student, but as a tutor, I love it because it allows you to choose your own hours and wait for a lesson opportunity. The pay is decent, and the only small complaint is that the number of students can be relatively low. Otherwise, students always end up very happy and all the feedback I've got from students I tutored is great!

Kiran Gangwani
October 16th, 2017

TutorMe is an awesome service, and while I cannot speak for the students, as a tutor I am a very happy employee! I feel genuinely productive, as I get to teach students in a personalized way because the Lesson Space is dynamic and I can choose what aspects to use while teaching. I also like the chat feature, where I can stay in touch with prior students, and maintain continuing relationships with some of them. I already have a few students I regularly help out. I only wish there was something in the interface to schedule future sessions with students, and an alerting system. Otherwise, I have no complaints.

Chanelle H
October 16th, 2017

Best tutoring Service ever!! The tutors are patient and always willing to help.

kamal kamel
October 16th, 2017

TutorMe is the best thing that i have ever used to understand any subject that i have any trouble with. I hope more features added it will be great.

Hemant Kumar
October 12th, 2017

Tutoring has never been better. Excellent tutor-student interaction via audio, video chat and also with the help of interactive whiteboard which enables both sides to write. Well qualified tutors along with excellent support team of TutorMe. Hemant Kumar