TutorMe is an online service that offers both virtual tutoring and online test preparation courses. Their vision is to enhance the way the world learns. "TutorMe gives anyone with expertise the ability to share their knowledge and makes it unbelievably easy."

#2 Mathhelp.com chevron_right
#3 Studypool chevron_right

The Good

• Learning Tools
  • Tutor Availability
  • Subjects Offered
  • Tutor Qualifications

Learning Tools

TutorMe offers a variety of learning resources. With TutorMe, students can access video conferencing, audio and text chat, shared whiteboard space, and file sharing. The variety of options allows each student to find the tool that best fits his or her learning style.

Tutor Availability

TutorMe tutors are available to their students 24/7, 365. In less than three minutes, they can connect with an expert. Also, TutorMe allows their students to either choose their tutor or have TutorMe match them up with one. Most companies only offer one option.

Subjects Offered

TutorMe has one of the best varieties of subjects available in the tutoring industry. They cover basic courses such as English, science, math, and foreign languages, but they also offer subjects such as computer science, engineering, humanities, professions, and more. They offer a total of 299 subjects.

Tutor Qualifications

In order to become a tutor with TutorMe, applicants much have previous tutoring or teaching experience in addition to a mastery of the subjects tutored. Also, they need to be enrolled in or have graduated from an accredited university. Tutors can find a long list of frequently asked questions about applying that can answer all qualification questions on the TutorMe website. Several competitors do not have any formal processes in place to hire tutors, so TutorMe shows a great level of reliability by having a process in place.

The Bad

• Pricing
  • No In-Person Tutoring

Pricing

They list their costs as $29.75/hour with their plan that includes four hours per month. Some competitors charge much lower hourly rates.

No In-Person Tutoring

Though TutorMe offers a variety of online services and tools they do not provide any in-person tutoring sessions. Students seeking a face-to-face tutoring experience will have to seek other companies.

The Bottom Line

We recommend TutorMe as a great option for online tutoring services. They have great resources and experts to help students across a wide variety of subjects. TutorMe requires their tutors to have both experience and expertise. Their availability also makes them a great choice for many customers. We suggest making sure their price is in your budget before making a decision.

j chatmon

March 22nd, 2020 Lancaster, CA

I was all set to sing the praises of tutorme.com - the platform is very user-friendly, I enjoy the interaction with the students, my experience has been nothing but enjoyable. Until today, 3/20/2020, when I went to log into the system and told my application was rejected - after having been approved as a tutor in January 2020, and tutoring weekly since then. When I emailed support, Laura responded with, "We are very sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your account suspension. As you may know, we pride ourselves on providing excellent quality to our students and, as such, we maintain strict quality assurance policies. Please note that the suspension of your account does not affect your payments and any outstanding payments for work you have completed will be paid per the usual schedule. While we are unable to provide further details regarding your account suspension, if you have further questions regarding outstanding payments, please email us directly". Huh? I emailed back asking for guidance on who would be able to provide details, as well as direction where I could find verbiage indicating such a suspension was a possibility. I have yet to receive a response. I am frustrated and disappointed.

Shelby Cain

March 12th, 2020 Montgomery, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awesome! TutorMe greatly helped my career as a writer and I appreciate them so much.

Khadijahtu

March 12th, 2020 West Des Moines, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

An excellent app that provides many topics and subjects that you may need assistance on! They offer everything from help on business topics such as entrepreneurship to basic math. Tutors are well trained and experienced! You truly build great connection with your tutors. It's a home away from home! Super grateful for the sense of community!

LPC

March 8th, 2020 Grand Junction, CO

I was looking to make some extra money and my field has fairly limited opportunities for that. I saw a post that TutorMe was looking for new hires in my field, and applied after looking through the profiles of others on TutorMe in my area of expertise. I like that I can login and, if timing permits, make some extra money doing interesting work that helps students succeed. I also appreciated in their orientation packet the expectation of high ethical standards and that students wouldn't have work done for them. That's meaningful for me, especially since I know other companies (e.g., paper mills) do that kind of stuff - that goes against the grain for me, and I'm happy TutorMe is way better than those other services. It's about learning, helping others succeed, and sharing expertise. Love it!

Jonathan

March 8th, 2020 Oklahoma City, OK

The tutors with TutorMe have been very helpful in me understanding my Discrete math problems. I highly recommend anyone needing help with a core subject to try TutorMe services!

CrystalRodriguez

March 5th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tutor me always has an instructor for the subject I struggle in. When I cannot get the help I need on campus I go to TutorMe. They are always friendly and helpful. I appreciate all you do on TutorMe.

Jazmine Honzell

February 19th, 2020 Reynoldsburg, OH

I think they are amazing and I was doing bad in one class they help me get my grades up and help me understand things that I didnt. I would tell anyone to go to them. Two things that do kind make me stop form giving them a 5 is one we run out of to much time form our school and I wish we had more. Another thing is that if we run out it is to much to pay out of pocket. I wish it was a little less money for people who dont have job or for people who can not work or they are full time college students.

Sean

February 19th, 2020 New York, NY

TutorMe.com is an easy to use, intuitive platform for both students and tutors. As a tutor, you gain access to students in any subjects you choose, and it’s fairly easy to find people who need help. The pay is decent, and the hours are whatever you choose since you can work whenever you go online. I also had issues with my PayPal, but TutorMe.com’s chat service helped me promptly. Lastly, the fact that they are very selective with the tutors they hire makes it so there are less tutors competing for the same students which is a huge plus that not all other platforms have.

Shannon Bernbaum

February 7th, 2020 ,

TutorMe is a great tutoring platform! It is very user friendly and its algorithm does a great job of matching students with tutors who are experts! I really enjoy using TutorMe and think it’s a great and more adorable alternative to in-person tutoring!

Kelvey Wiegand

February 4th, 2020 Hendersonville, TN

As a former teacher turned stay-at-home mom, I have enjoyed making a little extra cash through TutorMe. It is a great service, both for the student and the tutor. It can be a bit difficult to grab a lesson before someone else claims it, so you have to be intentional with your time spent tutoring and ready. However, it does get easier once you get the hang of it. Overall, I enjoy using this tutoring service.

LM2824

January 28th, 2020 Blairstown, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tutorme.com is a tutoring on demand service where students can get the help they need in real time. Tutors are screened and carefully selected and students can expect tips to complete their work. Tutors will often ask open-ended questions, use modeling, and help identify repetitive errors in writing to make student work stronger. Tutors are friendly, encouraging, and patient. Students can request a tutor they’ve worked with before or select any tutor who is free. This service is excellent for a struggling student, one who needs guidance or confidence, or one who just doesn’t know where to start. This service is highly recommended!

Sinziana Agafitei

January 17th, 2020 Burnaby, BC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I cannot believe that this company is allowed to treat people the way they do and nobody does anything about it. Please be supportive to everyone who has been scammed by this company and NEVER use their services. I was charged $65 for nothing, just out of the blue. When I contacted them they said that I agreed to this, which is NOT TRUE, and that they do not offer refunds ... and this is how they make their money. So sad and disappointing the world we live in.

Diana Bertsche

January 16th, 2020 Fresno, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love the option of tutors you desire. I am happy to find our tutor on tutorme. My daughter loves to do English and review for test with her. Its.ni CDC e.to have the white board to solve problems.

Jaidene Webster

January 16th, 2020 Kingston, 01

Awesome tutoring service! The rigorous application process ensures students get tutors that are both qualified and can break down course material in a simple manner. The platform is easy to use and multi-functional. It also ensures both the safety and satisfaction of students and tutors alike.

Emmanuel Chappat

January 3rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As mentioned by others, this company relies on misleading users to trick them into paying 70USD a month without a single email. It's obvious that this is part of their revenue model. Good products need no such thing. This is a sinking ship. Avoid.

carly b

December 31st, 2019 Bothell, WA

TutorMe! Has been an amazing resource during my MBA experience. Each tito was patient, understanding and able to explain topics in mutiple ways to dully grasp the comcepts. AMAZING and highly recommend for other students!!!

Sharonda Milton

December 18th, 2019 Douglasville, GA

I truly enjoyed the tutorme site. Without my tutor i honestly feel i would not have made it out the class with the education and understanding that i gained. With my tutor i passed my class with a grade of B. Thank you so much.

J. Harris

December 18th, 2019 San Jose, CA

TutorMe is an awesome tutoring service. Each tutor I used was very knowledgeable about the subject I needed assistance with. If you've used other services, you know that this isn't always the case. The tutors were not only professional, but patient. They encouraged and assisted you in solving each problem. I absolutely would recommend TutorMe to anyone in need of a tutor. My tutors were amazing.

Naomi

December 18th, 2019 Sewickley, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

TutorMe is an outstanding resource for students who may need a question answered when their teachers are unavailable. It’s also very quick and easy to find a tutor that can help assist with a question.

kk

December 18th, 2019 Mountain View, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So very helpful, I will continue to use it as well as being ultra useful it is very economical.

ryan holland

December 16th, 2019 Bellaire, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After a free 3-day trial, they automatically charge you for a month of service, and do not offer a refund, even if you cancel immediately, got no value from the trial, and never used the service. Legal or not, common practice or not, it's immoral and scammy. They have an entire FAQ page and form letters at the ready, to tell you you can't have a refund for forgetting to cancel, which makes it clear that they get plenty of inquiries from people who forgot to cancel, and that they made a deliberate business decision to keep those poor student's money rather than to do something more friendly, like cancel the service automatically.

Caitlin Wade

December 3rd, 2019 Bossier City, LA

Amazing and definitely recommend My experience on Tutor has helped me a lot through my classes. The instructors go step by step through everything, and ask questions going through making sure you understand. The instructors seem like they love their jobs ,seem very professional in how they work, and I have had no problem with them! I have recommended Tutor Me to many others. - Caitlin Wade from

Rikki

November 26th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’m in high school and tutor me has helped me go from being a D student to really understanding the concepts I’m learning.....You can get a tutor any hour of the day and it doesn’t cost a lot one time 2 hours of tutoring was only 50 Dollars....This website is 100% legit....I really recommend it to people. I have way better understanding’s for the topics I learn in school. Thank You Tutor Me

Dahyeon Jeagarl

November 5th, 2019 Brookline, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really love experience in TutorMe and willing to use TutorMe until my graduation. The best thing about this site is that you can ask any questions to experts and get perfect explanations. For example, I struggled a lot in chemistry but I could not go to every office hour or help hours because I had to spend time in other classes. Every time I have any problems, I simply logged on TutorMe and asked chemistry teachers in TutorMe. Tutors are extremely helpful. They take their time to make you understand the single material and care for you a lot. TutorMe is a best website for students who want to save their time and willing to learn.

Teresa Jorgensen

October 28th, 2019 Portsmouth, VA

As the world is moving more digital, TutorMe is an excellent platform to connect students and tutors. *I have not used the platform as a student.* Using the platform as a tutor has been easy to use and navigate. As a professional librarian on a sabbatical (currently as a stay-at-home mom), I love that TutorMe lets me continue doing what I love as a librarian on my own time. With a small child I do not have a regular schedule and TutorMe allows me to work around that. My only gripe with the Tutor Me platform is that I cannot help more than one student at a time. I have been using this platform for a week now, and plan to continue using it indefinitely.

Chris

October 22nd, 2019 Rock Island, IL

I've been a tutor with TutorMe for about a month now. The company support for tutors is very good. The students have been awesome to work with. I really enjoy being able to tutor when I want to without ever leaving my home. They use a weekly pay system through PayPal which is very convenient. I appreciate having a little extra cash in my pocket while doing something that I love to do.

Fahed A

October 18th, 2019 Memphis, TN

Services are ok. Most of the tutors don't reply even when they are online. When contact with the support team about any question, they don't answer immediately, they usually say we will contact you in 4 hours but expect to receive any response in 3-4 days or sometime you will not even get a response. Tutors are good, mostly graduate students from big universities. But companies charging policy is very disappointing, if you get help for 29 minutes, you will get charged for 30 minutes but if you get help for even 1 second more than 30 minutes, you will get charged for 45 minutes and sometimes even 1 hour. I was disappointed because when I tried to contact them, they even didn't reply. There is no customer service phone number, the only way to reach them is through email or chat which will be answered in days. I am just satisfied with tutors but I am not satisfied with overall services.

zaliyak

September 25th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's great when you get the right person.

Kemi Rufai

September 9th, 2019 Broken Arrow, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

TutorMe is extremely helpful in aiding me with homework, and furthering my knowledge of concepts discussed in class.

AmandaB

June 11th, 2019 Crawley, WV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

TutorMe is a must-have, a true asset! I'm leaps and bounds ahead in my class and understand everything that others are struggling with. It is worth every penny!

Akruti

April 29th, 2019 Royal Oak, MI

This has been one of the best tutoring websites I have been with. I have tried many others but this offers the best flexibility of hours. You don't need to schedule appointments you just log on and take students as they pop up. Sometimes it can be slow and no students will need tutoring, so it's not for someone who is looking for a stable income. But as someone who as an irregular work schedule, I can just pop on the website whenever I am free and start tutoring on the spot.

Ali Khalil

April 1st, 2019 Santa Barbara, CA

TutorMe is a company that works to ensure the academic success of students around the world. Tutors specializing in a wide range of subjects are readily available to assist students with their academics needs on a highly-optimized learning platform that empowers both students and tutors to succeed. TutorMe is continually working to improve its services to ensure the best experience possible for students and tutors so to achieve an overarching goal of making quality education widely accessible.

Clair

March 15th, 2019 Antioch, TN

Love love love this so much, no matter what time it is or where I am at I can always find help whenever I want. Everyone is excellent and very sweet and helpful. Highly recommended!!

Sonny Hammoud

March 13th, 2019 Shreveport, LA

Very helpful, just needs the hour limits to be less strict.

Erica Collins

February 6th, 2019 Alvin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I started using tutorme for math because I really needed help. I was really amazed at how awesome and easy was to get a hold of a tutor in a matter of seconds. I have met some really smart educated people that have taught me so much in so little time. What is so great also is that you can use the application on your desktop and video chat as well. I really recommend using tutor me it is worth every penny.

ANGRY CUSTOMER

October 19th, 2018 Louisville, KY

TOTAL SCAM!!! I signed up for the "free" 30 minute trial which I never even used. I was then charged $69!!! I have emailed and not gotten a response. I have tried the live chat and as soon as I mentioned the fraudulent charge they stopped responding. TERRIBLE COMPANY. DO NOT USE!!!

TutorMe Logo

Reply from TutorMe

Oct 22, 2018

Hi Amanda, sorry for the delay in taking care of your request. Our records indicate that we processed a full refund a few days ago.

Emily

October 16th, 2018 Voorhees Township, NJ

I love tutorme because while I work on my other careers and I am on the computer, it lights up and lets me know if there is a student in need of tutoring.. instead of just being on the computer looking online..I can be productive and help a student in need! There is no better feeling then when a student says you were the most helpful or just even thank you so much. To be able to teach what I know and have someone express genuine gratitude is everything and this platform is not only affordable but helpful in every way.

Hana Shigematsu

October 4th, 2018 Beverly Hills, CA

Total fraud, they charged us for two hours of tutoring when I only used their trial session. Stay away.

TutorMe Logo

Reply from TutorMe

Oct 16, 2018

Hi Hana, we are terribly sorry your experience with TutorMe was less than perfect. Please email us at so we can make this right.

Ashwin Sancheti

September 4th, 2018 Akron, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Its a great company. Addresses on feedback and responds promptly. Great help for students and a flexible job for tutors

Angelica Town

April 13th, 2018 Yuma, AZ

Amazing! This website makes it so much easier to teach English and math online. The tools available are unique and irreplaceable. I love it!

Shailendra Kumar

March 26th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I enjoy working on TutorMe. It just helps me to get extra income and lots of improvement in my knowledge. Thanks to TutorMe for creating this amazing Platform.

Karan Lumbhani

March 26th, 2018

It's just the best site for online teaching and helps to gain valuable experience. The payment is also good and is made each week without any problem. The staff is also great and helpful

Khrystina Calo

March 23rd, 2018 Indianola, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

TutorMe provides various tutors of various subjects. It's quick and easy to use.

Stephen Throndsen

March 20th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

Great on demand tutoring that is affordable and reliable

Aaron R

March 19th, 2018 Healdsburg, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As a student overwhelmed with numerous classes that can't always utilize my institution's tutors, TutorMe has provided me with an extraordinary alternative. Getting connected with tutors has never been easier. TutorMe has a wonderful learning platform that helps equip even the most struggling students with tools for academic success. The tutors are as helpful as they are congenial. I would highly recommend this service to anyone that needs to retain information quickly.

DEVISREE K

March 6th, 2018

A very nice learning platform with a well equipped lesson space. Students will enjoy learning.

Ashfak Shaik

March 5th, 2018

To be honest, it's an awesome platform to gain/share knowledge. Being a tutor, I loved teaching to students on TutorMe. It always excites me to teach others even the basic stuff. I would like to thank the whole team for this opportunity. And coming to payments, they are just accurate and no delays/issues so far. I strongly recommend people to join TutorMe and gain knowledge

Kriselle Ann Dada

March 1st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

TutorMe is the best friend of those students who are struggling. You can easily find expert tutors covering different subjects. It also provides great opportunity to earn a decent amount for those who would like to apply as a tutor. I would highly recommend this to you!

Harsh Mehra

February 26th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Extremely flexible for both students and tutors. A tutor like me can easily decide how much time I wish to devote to it, and how much it is worth. A student getting the benefits of the tutor's knowledge can first gauge his abilities, then ascertain if he/she wishes to continue with that particular tutor or not. Extremely convenient pricing, which is attractive to both tutors and students.

Priyansh Gattani

February 21st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tutorme is one of the best sites for a student to clear his her doubts. They have a great setup to explain doubts and also have a platform for video chat as well so it very helpful in explaining the doubts as well. I really appreciate the platform and it is quite easy and very helpful as well.