TutorMe is an online service that offers both virtual tutoring and online test preparation courses. Their vision is to enhance the way the world learns. "TutorMe gives anyone with expertise the ability to share their knowledge and makes it unbelievably easy."

#2 Mathhelp.com chevron_right
#3 Studypool chevron_right

The Good

• Learning Tools
  • Tutor Availability
  • Subjects Offered
  • Tutor Qualifications

Learning Tools

TutorMe offers a variety of learning resources. With TutorMe, students can access video conferencing, audio and text chat, shared whiteboard space, and file sharing. The variety of options allows each student to find the tool that best fits his or her learning style.

Tutor Availability

TutorMe tutors are available to their students 24/7, 365. In less than three minutes, they can connect with an expert. Also, TutorMe allows their students to either choose their tutor or have TutorMe match them up with one. Most companies only offer one option.

Subjects Offered

TutorMe has one of the best varieties of subjects available in the tutoring industry. They cover basic courses such as English, science, math, and foreign languages, but they also offer subjects such as computer science, engineering, humanities, professions, and more. They offer a total of 299 subjects.

Tutor Qualifications

In order to become a tutor with TutorMe, applicants much have previous tutoring or teaching experience in addition to a mastery of the subjects tutored. Also, they need to be enrolled in or have graduated from an accredited university. Tutors can find a long list of frequently asked questions about applying that can answer all qualification questions on the TutorMe website. Several competitors do not have any formal processes in place to hire tutors, so TutorMe shows a great level of reliability by having a process in place.

The Bad

• Pricing
  • No In-Person Tutoring

Pricing

They list their costs as $29.75/hour with their plan that includes four hours per month. Some competitors charge much lower hourly rates.

No In-Person Tutoring

Though TutorMe offers a variety of online services and tools they do not provide any in-person tutoring sessions. Students seeking a face-to-face tutoring experience will have to seek other companies.

The Bottom Line

We recommend TutorMe as a great option for online tutoring services. They have great resources and experts to help students across a wide variety of subjects. TutorMe requires their tutors to have both experience and expertise. Their availability also makes them a great choice for many customers. We suggest making sure their price is in your budget before making a decision.

Destinee Rivera

October 27th, 2020 Marietta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love TutorMe, it has helped me a lot in the past and helps me a lot currently (taking Organic Chemistry II). My only complaint is sometimes it glitches out, and I get disconnected from my lesson, but it always once that happens it lets me know that I won’t be charged since my session was interrupted. Customer service/IT/help desk respond within 24 hours as well. TutorMe will for sure help you out through school, whether it’s college or high school. You’re able to connect with live tutors who respond and answer all your questions you may have :)

Chelsea

October 27th, 2020 Ellensburg, WA

TutorMe is a wonderful resource. Its gives students a place to receive help with assignments in a timely fashion

zach favela

October 25th, 2020 Aurora, CO

Before covid me and my wife really like going to the tutor center on campus. But to be honestly I REALLY like this better. With this tutorme I dont have to wait on a available tutor to help me. Before, it was hard to find time to get in with the tutor because of work or classes. Now its the other way around. I can get sign in when I have time from my desk at home and see a tutor whenever I want to. I like the fact I can reach to the same tutor every time for help. A simple message to them to see when they are available and thats it! OH! you can save the lessons so you can go back to them which I LOVE so much! Once this covid is over with I would still use this.

Breanne Whittaker

October 23rd, 2020 Miamisburg, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I absolutely love TutorMe! They are available 24/7 which is nice when you’re in a pinch and need help with whatever subject your working on. Tutor me has some of the best tutoring services I have ever used along with some of the best tutors I’ve ever used as well! Very convenient! Thank you for all that you have ever helped me with and or will help me with TutorMe!!!

Meredith Rix

October 22nd, 2020 Milwaukee, WI

I never thought I needed a tutoring service for my papers or my writing skills, but Tutor Me has saved me these past few weeks and I am grateful beyond anything for this service to help me complete my work on time even if it means staying up late to do so!! Thanks, Tutor Me!

Kailey Lloyd

October 21st, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

TutorMe has been a super lifesaver for me. As an online student who works full time, I am never able to get help from my professors since I am not home during their open hours. Being able to log in 24/7 and get help from someone experienced and talk through the material has helped me not to fail Chemistry. I love TutorMe and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Sydney Bickler

October 21st, 2020 Sedalia, CO

Easy process to get connected with a tutor. They are able to show you work on the whiteboard and you can save the whiteboard as a pdf for later. It’s best when the tutor is able to use the microphone, otherwise it can take a long time to get through the tutoring. Overall easy process and nice tutors.

Antonio Ureno

October 21st, 2020 Wichita, KS

I've been struggling with Chemistry and instead of simply giving me the answer, tutor me tutors work with me to teach me how to get the answers. I'm getting more sleep because of tutor me.

Harnauth Sewsankar

October 19th, 2020 ,

TutorMe was fantastic in assisting me throughout my ECON 705 studies. I will certainly recommend for future students. My selected Tutors were great and of high quality.

Roxana Perez

October 9th, 2020 ,

I really enjoy working with TutorMe. As a college student myself, I appreciate the flexibility it offers as well as the decent pay they provide. The platform is very easy to use and has all the resources you could potentially need as a tutor and as a student. If you are a student looking for some extra help or a way to earn some extra cash, I totally recommend TutorMe.

Anahi G.

October 9th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm a college student taking math 1090, I was really struggling with my math. I had the best time with my tutor, she was more than willing to work with me and help for hours at a time. I have tried other platforms of tutoring, but nothing has worked as well as TutorMe. I recommend it 5/5. The tutors have great communication skills, are knowledgeable, and patient. They are kind and more than willing to work with your schedule.

Shannon Ray

October 4th, 2020 Mesa, AZ

TutorMe is great, I use it for my accounting grad school courses. I have had awesome tutors who help me succeed and do well in the classroom. I have not had any bad experience.

Estefani Guiracocha

October 1st, 2020 Minneapolis, MN

TutorMe is an easy way to connect with tutors instantly and receive help on a variety of subjects. There are many interactive tools as well which help in understanding the material better. The tutors are super helpful and tailor to your needs regarding how you learn best and what is easier for you

Kaijha Joachim

September 29th, 2020 Springfield, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I come to tutor me a lot and my experience has been amazing. They help me with my homework assignments that’s I have and they always explain it throughly, and in a way I could get it. They also make sure that I understand the topic and makes me feel comfortable to ask them questions. I’ve been through a lot of tutors and most of them were great.

Sebastian Garcia

September 22nd, 2020 San Antonio, TX

TutorMe is a great platform to study and learn without any problems. The mentors in this platform are great, they teach you to step by step and are really nice. Love this for college courses.

Cole Pena

September 12th, 2020 Booneville, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the diversity ans finding tutor that I work well with. I'm not able to block certain tutors who I don't like which is awkward to tell them. I want a button that gives me the opportunity to not be matched with certain tutors

Michael G.

September 5th, 2020 Jersey City, NJ

Very patient and knowledgeable. Learning new content for the first time can be overwhelming especially when it's crammed into a 5 week course. Would recommend this tutor, for sure.

Haile Erilus

August 26th, 2020 Roxbury, MA

This service is priceless, and the caliber of informed tutors makes me want to keep working with them. I recommend anyone who is thinking about this service to try it and see for themselves. I dont think i would have continued pursuing my degree with as much confidence had it not been for all my tutors. I thank you all so much for your input and critics.

s winter

August 18th, 2020 Canyon, TX

I just started as an online tutor, but love it so far. Very helpful training videos to help navigate the program and easy to use and responsive chat feature for quick help.

Sonia

August 18th, 2020 San Diego, CA

Nice tutor. Was very helpful and explained everything.

Sam

August 17th, 2020 Tacoma, WA

The lesson space where tutors and students collaborate is well-equipped to handle all kinds of questions and material, and the writing labs function is very helpful for students to receive writing feedback and tutors to do asynchronous work. The biggest downside is that jobs are hard to get at first- you have to be really fast to claim them, unless you want to work odd hours.

Letitia Calloway

August 9th, 2020 Danville, VA

I've had nothing but good experiences with tutorme. The tutors are so knowledgeable and helpful. I have one that I just love. Ashley S. has been helpful from the beginning. She is so understanding and patient. She listens to what I have to say and then we move from there. I wish I had of known about this last year when I was struggling with math. It would been so helpful and I probably would've been done with all of my schooling by now. Thank you so much tutorme for all the help.

RONALD SAINVIL

July 28th, 2020 Springfield, MA

I really like the tutor's professionalism, their patient and willingness to help students 24/7. It good to have professionals that can help a student with their assignment before the final submission. Keep on doing the excellent work !

Bree Dail

July 28th, 2020 Escondido, CA

I would not have passed my class without these guys. I got a 96% super happy.

Iqraa Bismi

July 13th, 2020 Tampa, FL

24hrs tutoring available. I can try studying with different amazing tutors, if I understood any of my tutors well, I have the option to work with them again whenever needed. I can come back to the site, and see the past lessons which always stays saved. Using Text Editor is SO convenient.

Victoria Kalyne Bennette

July 13th, 2020 McMinnville, OR

I love everything about TutorMe. TutorMe has allowed me to receive private tutoring while in this pandemic and each tutor I was matched with has given me ample help with practice problems while being thorough about making sure I understand concepts.

Yesha Patel

July 7th, 2020 Glen Burnie, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

One of the best. Very helpful also recommended to my friends to. It’s cheap if you do your payment pay as u go.

Brittany Carrigg

July 1st, 2020 Walterboro, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love having tutorme available to me as a resource. I gives me peace of mind having knowledgeable, patient, and friendly tutors a click away. I am always matched with a tutor that suites my subject and they work with me to ensure all questions are answered

Ryan Berray

June 30th, 2020 Oviedo, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Accounting Department of Tutors has been wonderful in making sure I understand each question that I've brought to them and given a definite answer. Would recommend when you are struggling and once you find a person you really connect with it becomes even easier to get the help you seek with a person that can explain it to you in one on one sessions with ease.

william hicks

June 7th, 2020 Chattanooga, TN

As a student at Ashford University, I have found the tutoring I have received from the tutors provided through TutorMe exceptional. The tutors provide insight that increases my educational experience. While I was hesitant to utilize their services at first, I now have no hesitation to log on to their website for guidance.

ACP Teams, LLC

May 13th, 2020 Riverside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is a scam artist Buyer Be WARE!! We have a college planning company and paid them upfront for services. We had problems with our IT person getting it to work on our website. Alex is very slow to respond. After several months of it just not working out we asked for our money back and they would not give it back. We tried to do a charge back with our CC but were unsuccessful due to they submitted a contract that was with an entirely different company, not us as we were formed in APril 2019. Bottom line we paid for service hours have not received our service hours and want a refund. Clients should be given their back their money if it is requested as long as no service hours were used. This company will not give you back your money they will make up lies and drag things out. They should not be working with students/minors. Now in the middle of a pandemic I have to go after them legally. Go with any other tutoring company!! Charlene Fell

Marko Danial

May 2nd, 2020 Antelope, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

TutorMe was a great tool for school! It allowed me to learn and get my grades up more efficiently!

j chatmon

March 20th, 2020 Lancaster, CA

I was all set to sing the praises of tutorme.com - the platform is very user-friendly, I enjoy the interaction with the students, my experience has been nothing but enjoyable. Until today, 3/20/2020, when I went to log into the system and told my application was rejected - after having been approved as a tutor in January 2020, and tutoring weekly since then. When I emailed support, Laura responded with, "We are very sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your account suspension. As you may know, we pride ourselves on providing excellent quality to our students and, as such, we maintain strict quality assurance policies. Please note that the suspension of your account does not affect your payments and any outstanding payments for work you have completed will be paid per the usual schedule. While we are unable to provide further details regarding your account suspension, if you have further questions regarding outstanding payments, please email us directly". Huh? I emailed back asking for guidance on who would be able to provide details, as well as direction where I could find verbiage indicating such a suspension was a possibility. I have yet to receive a response. I am frustrated and disappointed.

Shelby Cain

March 12th, 2020 Montgomery, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awesome! TutorMe greatly helped my career as a writer and I appreciate them so much.

Khadijahtu

March 8th, 2020 West Des Moines, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

An excellent app that provides many topics and subjects that you may need assistance on! They offer everything from help on business topics such as entrepreneurship to basic math. Tutors are well trained and experienced! You truly build great connection with your tutors. It's a home away from home! Super grateful for the sense of community!

Jonathan

March 7th, 2020 Oklahoma City, OK

The tutors with TutorMe have been very helpful in me understanding my Discrete math problems. I highly recommend anyone needing help with a core subject to try TutorMe services!

LPC

March 4th, 2020 Grand Junction, CO

I was looking to make some extra money and my field has fairly limited opportunities for that. I saw a post that TutorMe was looking for new hires in my field, and applied after looking through the profiles of others on TutorMe in my area of expertise. I like that I can login and, if timing permits, make some extra money doing interesting work that helps students succeed. I also appreciated in their orientation packet the expectation of high ethical standards and that students wouldn't have work done for them. That's meaningful for me, especially since I know other companies (e.g., paper mills) do that kind of stuff - that goes against the grain for me, and I'm happy TutorMe is way better than those other services. It's about learning, helping others succeed, and sharing expertise. Love it!

CrystalRodriguez

March 3rd, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tutor me always has an instructor for the subject I struggle in. When I cannot get the help I need on campus I go to TutorMe. They are always friendly and helpful. I appreciate all you do on TutorMe.

Sean

February 18th, 2020 New York, NY

TutorMe.com is an easy to use, intuitive platform for both students and tutors. As a tutor, you gain access to students in any subjects you choose, and it’s fairly easy to find people who need help. The pay is decent, and the hours are whatever you choose since you can work whenever you go online. I also had issues with my PayPal, but TutorMe.com’s chat service helped me promptly. Lastly, the fact that they are very selective with the tutors they hire makes it so there are less tutors competing for the same students which is a huge plus that not all other platforms have.

Jazmine Honzell

February 14th, 2020 Reynoldsburg, OH

I think they are amazing and I was doing bad in one class they help me get my grades up and help me understand things that I didnt. I would tell anyone to go to them. Two things that do kind make me stop form giving them a 5 is one we run out of to much time form our school and I wish we had more. Another thing is that if we run out it is to much to pay out of pocket. I wish it was a little less money for people who dont have job or for people who can not work or they are full time college students.

Shannon Bernbaum

February 7th, 2020 ,

TutorMe is a great tutoring platform! It is very user friendly and its algorithm does a great job of matching students with tutors who are experts! I really enjoy using TutorMe and think it’s a great and more adorable alternative to in-person tutoring!

Kelvey Wiegand

February 1st, 2020 Hendersonville, TN

As a former teacher turned stay-at-home mom, I have enjoyed making a little extra cash through TutorMe. It is a great service, both for the student and the tutor. It can be a bit difficult to grab a lesson before someone else claims it, so you have to be intentional with your time spent tutoring and ready. However, it does get easier once you get the hang of it. Overall, I enjoy using this tutoring service.

LM2824

January 25th, 2020 Blairstown, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tutorme.com is a tutoring on demand service where students can get the help they need in real time. Tutors are screened and carefully selected and students can expect tips to complete their work. Tutors will often ask open-ended questions, use modeling, and help identify repetitive errors in writing to make student work stronger. Tutors are friendly, encouraging, and patient. Students can request a tutor they’ve worked with before or select any tutor who is free. This service is excellent for a struggling student, one who needs guidance or confidence, or one who just doesn’t know where to start. This service is highly recommended!

Sinziana Agafitei

January 17th, 2020 Burnaby, BC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I cannot believe that this company is allowed to treat people the way they do and nobody does anything about it. Please be supportive to everyone who has been scammed by this company and NEVER use their services. I was charged $65 for nothing, just out of the blue. When I contacted them they said that I agreed to this, which is NOT TRUE, and that they do not offer refunds ... and this is how they make their money. So sad and disappointing the world we live in.

Diana Bertsche

January 15th, 2020 Fresno, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love the option of tutors you desire. I am happy to find our tutor on tutorme. My daughter loves to do English and review for test with her. Its.ni CDC e.to have the white board to solve problems.

Jaidene Webster

January 15th, 2020 Kingston, 01

Awesome tutoring service! The rigorous application process ensures students get tutors that are both qualified and can break down course material in a simple manner. The platform is easy to use and multi-functional. It also ensures both the safety and satisfaction of students and tutors alike.

Emmanuel Chappat

January 3rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As mentioned by others, this company relies on misleading users to trick them into paying 70USD a month without a single email. It's obvious that this is part of their revenue model. Good products need no such thing. This is a sinking ship. Avoid.

carly b

December 31st, 2019 Bothell, WA

TutorMe! Has been an amazing resource during my MBA experience. Each tito was patient, understanding and able to explain topics in mutiple ways to dully grasp the comcepts. AMAZING and highly recommend for other students!!!

Sharonda Milton

December 18th, 2019 Douglasville, GA

I truly enjoyed the tutorme site. Without my tutor i honestly feel i would not have made it out the class with the education and understanding that i gained. With my tutor i passed my class with a grade of B. Thank you so much.

J. Harris

December 17th, 2019 San Jose, CA

TutorMe is an awesome tutoring service. Each tutor I used was very knowledgeable about the subject I needed assistance with. If you've used other services, you know that this isn't always the case. The tutors were not only professional, but patient. They encouraged and assisted you in solving each problem. I absolutely would recommend TutorMe to anyone in need of a tutor. My tutors were amazing.