TutorMe Logo

TutorMe

8.4

LAST UPDATED: August 24th, 2022
TutorMe is an online service that offers both virtual tutoring and online test preparation courses. Their vision is to enhance the way the world learns. "TutorMe gives anyone with expertise the ability to share their knowledge and makes it unbelievably easy."

Studypool Logo
#2 Studypool chevron_right
Course Hero Logo
#3 Course Hero chevron_right
4.1
Mathhelp.com Logo
#4 Mathhelp.com chevron_right

The Good

• Learning Tools
  • Tutor Availability
  • Subjects Offered
  • Tutor Qualifications

Learning Tools

TutorMe offers a variety of learning resources. With TutorMe, students can access video conferencing, audio and text chat, shared whiteboard space, and file sharing. The variety of options allows each student to find the tool that best fits his or her learning style.

Tutor Availability

TutorMe tutors are available to their students 24/7, 365. In less than three minutes, they can connect with an expert. Also, TutorMe allows their students to either choose their tutor or have TutorMe match them up with one. Most companies only offer one option.

Subjects Offered

TutorMe has one of the best varieties of subjects available in the tutoring industry. They cover basic courses such as English, science, math, and foreign languages, but they also offer subjects such as computer science, engineering, humanities, professions, and more. They offer a total of 299 subjects.

Tutor Qualifications

In order to become a tutor with TutorMe, applicants much have previous tutoring or teaching experience in addition to a mastery of the subjects tutored. Also, they need to be enrolled in or have graduated from an accredited university. Tutors can find a long list of frequently asked questions about applying that can answer all qualification questions on the TutorMe website. Several competitors do not have any formal processes in place to hire tutors, so TutorMe shows a great level of reliability by having a process in place.

The Bad

• Pricing
  • No In-Person Tutoring

Pricing

They list their costs as $29.75/hour with their plan that includes four hours per month. Some competitors charge much lower hourly rates.

No In-Person Tutoring

Though TutorMe offers a variety of online services and tools they do not provide any in-person tutoring sessions. Students seeking a face-to-face tutoring experience will have to seek other companies.

The Bottom Line

We recommend TutorMe as a great option for online tutoring services. They have great resources and experts to help students across a wide variety of subjects. TutorMe requires their tutors to have both experience and expertise. Their availability also makes them a great choice for many customers. We suggest making sure their price is in your budget before making a decision.

Lucia Adeleye Fort Worth, TX

Tutor me has been a tool that has helped me on my path to success in school. Whenever, i'm struggling I know that Tutor me will always have my back. The tutors support me and help me through every question I have, until I fully understand.

David Michael Hernandez Austin, TX

Math and chemistry have been the hardest subjects for me to grasp as an undergraduate student, and it was hard to find good tutors locally (especially with the pandemic). What I love most about TutorMe is that you basically can get matched up with a tutor at all times - there doesn't seem to be a shortage of excellent tutors that are willing and happy to help. In my experience, all of my tutors have been helpful and thorough. In addition, honest if they are not too familiar with the subject matter --however, they will make it a point to follow up with you when they can get you a good explanation and answer. I am really impressed with the breadth of knowledge these tutors have and the diversity of subjects they can tutor. To me, it's amazing that you can get someone who knows exactly how to help you. I love the flexibility and ability to to work with these tutors at a schedule that is convenient and I can do it in my own home through the computer! I have a tutor that I see regularly now whenever I have issues because the tutor is that good at what they do. I'd be lost without that tutor!

Isio Austin, TX

I’ve been a tutor at tutorme for the past couple of weeks and it’s been amazing! It pays well, the students are friendly, it’s flexible, and I get to help others in my free time. I’d recommend this for anyone looking for a job to do on the side.

Heather StClair Kansas City, MO

TutorMe is a great platform for tutoring. You don't have to commit to any set time frame. Just log on when you have time. You do have to try to catch the tutoring opportunities. However, I have had quite a few kids request me. So there are great opportunities.

Andrew Clausen Farmington, MO

Tutoring in math was slow going the first week, partly being slow to click on available lessons you have a second or two to click on available ones most of the time before someone else claims them. A couple of times students specifically have reached out to me after I had tutored them and got lessons that way. Tutoring is probably also slower in the summer in the US when I started. The tutoring process is nice with the tools available on TutorMe. It is enjoyable seeing different kinds of problems that I don't assign to consider including similar in my classes that I teach.

Leah Mills Kapolei, HI

This is a great website for tutors! I love how you are able to set your own hours and how easy the tutoring platform is. In the beginning, it may be a little hard because you don't have a clientele, but after you get a few people, you build it, and then you are off! You will have a constant income of money on the side and it is great. Also, compared to other tutoring sites, they have a fast responding helo desk and the amount of time they get back to you when you first register is very fast! I also really enjoy how you get paid weekly and it goes directly into your PayPal, extremely convenient! Overall, it is a great side if you are looking for a good side hustle or a full-time job!

Pelumi Murfreesboro, TN

One thing I will say is that I wish I found this quickly at the beginning of my classes. The only one things that was kind of stressful is finding a tutor because they were all busy. like mostly all of the were in busy in a lesson and I understand because there are definitely student like me who needs help when classes about to end. There is one tutor there that is very helpful and so nice. She will literally help you and even go and watch YouTube videos just to try to help you. She is very nice and helpful. I wish I had met her at the beginning of all this. The subscriptions I do not really like it. I got confused thinking I will pay 69 dollars for 2 hours for a month thinking it will keep refreshing but nope. I think I might have spent like close to 300 dollars. But it worth it because it did help me boost up my grade...so I am not pissed about that.

Ruby Esparza Bethany, OK

This is the best site for help. I have been using this site for about a year. all of the tutors are very knowledgeable about the subjects and really want to help you

Shadi Torabi Aurora, CO

The tutor me is the best. They can help you with any topping. In addition, I wanted to say they were students and know how to explain the issue and simplify it.

Casey Brown Indiana, PA

I started tutoring on here about 1 month ago and have been able to log on and have students come to me regularly for help! I can set my own schedule and the Honor Code on here is strict to maintain great academic integrity!

Stephanie Perez Chatsworth, GA

I will not submit an assignment until I have done a paper review through TutorMe! A tutor reviews my paper and sends it back with suggestions. I have learned so much about APA format and more through these suggestions! I am becoming a stronger student and writer with the help of this resource. Thanks, TutorMe!

Sama Sama Garland, TX

Tutor me has lots of amazing tutors from all over the world and for the reason that they're arent limited to a part of the world, there's always an available tutor no matter what time it is, I enjoy using it as there is a broad array of topics to choose from

Michael Woods New Castle, PA

TutorMe provides a great platform for students and tutors. The hours are flexible, and the work is meaningful. Students are genuine in their questions, and have been receptive to feedback. Overall, my brief experience so far has been great!

LilElectricBunnyUwU Menifee, CA

Tutor me, is a great site, I use it all the time, when I need help with homework, assignments, and more. (However, there may be some tutors that may not be the best for you, but that's okay, since they have an option, where you can talk to the tutor before going into the lesson, to see if they're right for you first.) Their website is easy, to use, and their customer service is great too. Truly recommend!

Sharde Allen Jordan Memphis, TN

Tutor Me is every College students extra support for when you need help with an assignment or just want an extra set of eyes to review your assignment! Before I became aware of Tutor me, I was receiving good grades but I still needed improvements and areas to work on. Tutor me has allowed me to fix areas and make improvements on my assignments and receive a higher grade. It’s definitely a game changer for those who care about their grades. The best part is that Tutor Me is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week! Thanks, Tutor Me!!!!

Kristine R Colin Leavenworth, KS

I have had great experiences with Tutor Me. There has always been someone there to help me when I need it. It is easy to use. The tutors have been great and very patient.

Danielle McKnight Denver, CO

I am able to log in at anytime and receive help from a knowledgeable tutor! I don't feel rushed, they take their time going over edits and making sure I understand the edits. I also enjoy working with people from all different backgrounds!

Savannah Garcia CA

A great tutoring service to work for! I’ve recently started with Tutor Me and the work is consistent and enjoyable and working with the students is the best part! Also, Tutor Me is continually updating the platform to ensure a smooth and effective process for both students and tutors. I’m glad I joined this company!

Jowynna Irvine, CA

The best place for a tutor to be totally honest. As a high school student, I struggle a lot to balance my work and understand a lot of things. But the tutors I found at tutor me really helped a ton. All it is, is finding a tutor through a subject. If you don't like the one you move on to another until maybe you found the one you liked. The website is especially really easy to use.

Aisha Cooper Los Angeles, CA

The tutors at Tutorme are high quality, always ensure students understand the material, always provide sources for students that will furthermore help the students understanding, and overall are patient and willing to go at the students pace. As for the company itself, Tutorme always provides their customers very detailed receipts consisting of time, date, who tutored the student, and the hours spent on tutoring and the total cost of the hours (which is always a great thing to have).

georgie steketee Portland, OR

I love tutor me because I can get 24/7 access and the tutors are kind and treat me with respect. I dislike that at certain times of night it seems like absolutely nobody is available.

Audrey Macfarlane Dallas, TX

I normally don't write reviews, but I have really enjoyed working with this company; they provide a really good and honest service that no one else does. It's really user friendly and as a customer and an employee I feel that i've been taken care of really well.

Zohra Noori Howell Township, NJ

TutorMe is genuinely such a great site. From a student's perspective, any question that someone might have is always thought through, conversated about, and solved! I will always go to TutorMe when I need another perspective on my situation!

이채은 Jersey City, NJ

It was really helpful studying with professional tutors! Though I am a foreigner who is not good at English, every teacher I met was very caring and gave me much more details on certain topics that helped me understand things easily.

Raquel R. Jacksonville, FL

This job is really great if you are a tutor and want to make extra money on the side. There is no guarantee of work which isn’t the best but if you are supplementing your current income it’s great. You can talk with students to figure out if you are right for the job before you accept which is great because it minimizes wasting yours and the client’s time. All in all I would recommend.

Robert B Saskatoon, SK

I am currently a tutor on TutorMe, and I'm very happy to recommend this service. My rating is from the point of view of working for the company and providing the tutoring services. The only reason I cannot give it 5 stars is because the process of claiming lessons to instruct is so competitive that it can take some time just to get set up with a student to tutor. That being said, if you are a student looking for a tutor, then just know that there are tutors chomping at the bit to help you out. The interface in the lesson space provides multiple options for working through questions and teaching lessons. When I've needed to contact IT support and customer service I've received a response in less than 24 hours, and often much sooner. This is a very professional tutoring platform that I believe is successful in its goal to provide quality tutoring services.

Patricia Cunningham Brooklyn, NY

I've had several opportunities to benefit from the writing TutorMe service at Empire State College. I am a 68 years old returning student with the need to feel confident with the assignments that are being submitted to my professors. The tutors that were assigned to me through TutorMe gave me the tools and knowledge to move forward and excel! My first 2 semesters were recognized by the Dean's List. Thank you TutorMe @ ESC!

Bekky Andrews North Kingstown, RI

I love using TutorMe, I have been using it since September 2021. I can find tutors for any subject I'm studying, explain what I need help with in general, or even provide a problem I'm stuck trying to solve. You can talk to the tutor with a variety of options including: Chat, Video, and Audio. There's a whiteboard that you and the tutor can work on together. This has helped me tremendously with my university coursework, and improved my grades.

Shalini GR

TutorMe is a very good platform for both students and tutors. They are committed towards helping each and every student understand and enjoy the process of learning. I have been tutoring in this platform for a while now and noticed that they follow a very good value system in their working. There are many platforms which offer quick answers to student's assignment problems. But TutorMe is unique in this regard and makes the students equipped to answer questions on their own! The pay here for tutors is very good and is on an hourly basis. Also, there is a steady flow of students here as many universities have chosen TutorMe for their students. Its amazing how I can choose to tutor whenever I want (24 X 7) as the timings are flexible. Overall, I would definitely recommend this platform to my students and fellow tutors.

Anita Ladera Ranch, CA

I am currently a new student at Ashford, doing my MBA. Week 1 of school, I was struggling with my assignment, and the night before it was due, I decided to go on tutor me. My tutor Rohn connected with me and worked with me for over 2 hrs. He was very patient and even persevered through the technical difficulties I was having with my computer. He even schedules a lesson for the next morning to do a final run through my assignment and proofread before uploading it. Now I only connect with him because of his level of service given. And guess what? My studies were all 100%. You go, Rohn A. Tutor me is very lucky to have you as a tutor. Tutor me is a great platform. I recommend it. Don't miss it. Skip the assignment when you can use tutor me.

zach favela Aurora, CO

Before covid me and my wife really like going to the tutor center on campus. But to be honestly I REALLY like this better. With this tutorme I dont have to wait on a available tutor to help me. Before, it was hard to find time to get in with the tutor because of work or classes. Now its the other way around. I can get sign in when I have time from my desk at home and see a tutor whenever I want to. I like the fact I can reach to the same tutor every time for help. A simple message to them to see when they are available and thats it! OH! you can save the lessons so you can go back to them which I LOVE so much! Once this covid is over with I would still use this.

LPC Grand Junction, CO

I was looking to make some extra money and my field has fairly limited opportunities for that. I saw a post that TutorMe was looking for new hires in my field, and applied after looking through the profiles of others on TutorMe in my area of expertise. I like that I can login and, if timing permits, make some extra money doing interesting work that helps students succeed. I also appreciated in their orientation packet the expectation of high ethical standards and that students wouldn't have work done for them. That's meaningful for me, especially since I know other companies (e.g., paper mills) do that kind of stuff - that goes against the grain for me, and I'm happy TutorMe is way better than those other services. It's about learning, helping others succeed, and sharing expertise. Love it!

LM2824 Blairstown, NJ

Tutorme.com is a tutoring on demand service where students can get the help they need in real time. Tutors are screened and carefully selected and students can expect tips to complete their work. Tutors will often ask open-ended questions, use modeling, and help identify repetitive errors in writing to make student work stronger. Tutors are friendly, encouraging, and patient. Students can request a tutor they’ve worked with before or select any tutor who is free. This service is excellent for a struggling student, one who needs guidance or confidence, or one who just doesn’t know where to start. This service is highly recommended!

Dahyeon Jeagarl Brookline, MA

I really love experience in TutorMe and willing to use TutorMe until my graduation. The best thing about this site is that you can ask any questions to experts and get perfect explanations. For example, I struggled a lot in chemistry but I could not go to every office hour or help hours because I had to spend time in other classes. Every time I have any problems, I simply logged on TutorMe and asked chemistry teachers in TutorMe. Tutors are extremely helpful. They take their time to make you understand the single material and care for you a lot. TutorMe is a best website for students who want to save their time and willing to learn.

Teresa Jorgensen Portsmouth, VA

As the world is moving more digital, TutorMe is an excellent platform to connect students and tutors. *I have not used the platform as a student.* Using the platform as a tutor has been easy to use and navigate. As a professional librarian on a sabbatical (currently as a stay-at-home mom), I love that TutorMe lets me continue doing what I love as a librarian on my own time. With a small child I do not have a regular schedule and TutorMe allows me to work around that. My only gripe with the Tutor Me platform is that I cannot help more than one student at a time. I have been using this platform for a week now, and plan to continue using it indefinitely.

Pallav R.

Tutorme.com is an excellent platform for students who wish understand a subject, clear their doubts, or need some quick guidance with homework. Tutorme provides cutting edge tech to the users to enhance learning.I have been online Tutor for over 6 months now, and the Tutorme "whiteboard" is the best tool I have encountered so far for online teaching and learning, you can talk to your tutor via video and audio chat. You can setup your own lesson timings, learn at your own pace. Tutorme is the epitome of customer service and good teaching/learning environment. I recommend everyone reading this review to at least try this service for once, and then see it for yourself.

Livey Beha New York, NY

TutorMe is a pretty good place to freelance! I would say there are more students than there are teachers, so getting tutoring is pretty slow unless you establish a relationship with a few students who return to you. I find that the hourly rate is a bit low (not at all competitive with other online earning platforms like Usertesting), but TutorMe offers more regular work. There are a lot of good ways to work with students in the portal, compared to trying to tutor on your own. It’s also a lot easier than tutoring on your own, because you don’t have to recruit your own students. Overall, I recommend it as an online tutoring platform.

Moez Mahrez Kitchener, ON

I love the platform! Very easy to use. So many subjects to choose from and great way to make money while helping people learn! Good pay as well.

Maria Ferreyros Lima, LMA

The tutors are really nice and well prepared to help you with anything you need! I definitely recommend this platform if you need to learn something!

Zulema Juarez Denton, TX

I absolutely love working as a tutor at TutorMe- it has been a financial life saver. The pay is extremely good, especially since you get to help other students. I definitely recommend working here!!

Aubrey Dallas, TX

I absolutely love this site! It's perfect for colleges, students, and teachers. It's the only plagiarism-free website that actually teaches children and in return delivers fantastic results. Five stars!!!

Eze Rosario Indianapolis, IN

There is 50/50 chance to get a tutor that is willing to help you. Some tutors go way and beyond to help me with my assignments but others that did not meet my expectations did not understand the struggle of a English as a second language student. For example i will need help with an assignment the tutor would explain me in a way I wont understand. I would ask for clarification and sometimes it looked like they were on a rush. But that does not mean there's good people on tutorme, because others would help me a lot.

TutorMe Logo

Reply from TutorMe

Hello Eze, We're sorry that you have had lessons that didn't meet your expectations! Please make sure to use the lesson rating system to let us know about these issues so we can look into them and handle them accordingly. We never want you to feel like you didn't get the best help! You can also always reach support by chat or by emailing [email protected] Thanks for using TutorMe! Best, Andrew

Dec. 30th, 2021

Barbara Meyer Secaucus, NJ

Tutor me is amazingly helpful. I utilize this every time I need some assistance with my academic work. This is the best website for Education. The teachers here are helpful. I suggest if anyone needs a tutor, they should use tutor me.

Sukhwant Singh Jaipur, RJ

It's a fantastic platform for learning and understanding concepts easily.

Kameron Rufener Orrville, OH

As a high school and college student, I have run into many new concepts that I have struggled to understand. TutorMe has helped me so many times, from grasping different algebraic equations to learning German verbs! It is also really great for busy students as you can get tutoring at your convenience.

Jonathan London Hillsborough, NJ

The people at TutorMe are helpful and really patient when you don't understand something. Listening and communicating with them on things you may know or don't know is worth it. You learn a lot from the tutors and stuff you didn't know from back then.

Fatimah West Roxbury, MA

Tutorme.com was the second platform I started using for tutoring jobs. I like that you are able to rate students and I also like how fast and easy it is to become a tutor. Tutorme.com is unique to me because it gives you a waiting room and a demo space to work in. The session can be lengthy and you have no way of telling how long a student may need help for.

Kenny Bradley Newton, UT

Good idea, but needs some improvements. I found TutorMe looking for ways to work from home and use my bachelor's degree. I did some tutoring in college, but I wasn't successful. I only tutored one person; however, with TutorMe I am able to reach a larger audience of students who need my help more often. The tutoring platform is well thought out and benefits both the students and tutors with a fair rating system and pricing. Unfortunately, their tutoring boards are a little hard to write on compared to other writing/drawing programs (One Note, Paint, etc.) since it doesn't register small markings (periods, the dots for lowercase i's, and circles look like random irregular polygons). Once this issue is fixed, I will give it 5 stars. Overall, TutorMe is the best way for tutors to make a little extra money while helping students that they wouldn't have been able to reach otherwise.

Carmen Samaniego Ann Arbor, MI

When my school said we needed to use this website instead of emailing our teacher, I was a little disappointed. I tried tutorme for the first homework assignment to get used to it. I am not exaggerating when I say I have used a tutor for every assignment since. I learn as much from the tutors as I do in class. I love learning with multiple perspectives!

brody fogleman Raleigh, NC

Tutoring with TutorMe has been such a phenomenal experience. Getting to see students grow each step of the way through this platform has been great for me because I feel as if I am giving back to many different communities. In a time of a pandemic this is extremely beneficial for students struggling with virtual learning, and especially struggling in such important courses such as basic math and science.