TutorMe Logo

TutorMe

8.3

LAST UPDATED: January 25th, 2022
TutorMe is an online service that offers both virtual tutoring and online test preparation courses. Their vision is to enhance the way the world learns. "TutorMe gives anyone with expertise the ability to share their knowledge and makes it unbelievably easy."

Studypool Logo
#2 Studypool chevron_right
Course Hero Logo
#3 Course Hero chevron_right
4.1
Mathhelp.com Logo
#4 Mathhelp.com chevron_right

The Good

• Learning Tools
  • Tutor Availability
  • Subjects Offered
  • Tutor Qualifications

Learning Tools

TutorMe offers a variety of learning resources. With TutorMe, students can access video conferencing, audio and text chat, shared whiteboard space, and file sharing. The variety of options allows each student to find the tool that best fits his or her learning style.

Tutor Availability

TutorMe tutors are available to their students 24/7, 365. In less than three minutes, they can connect with an expert. Also, TutorMe allows their students to either choose their tutor or have TutorMe match them up with one. Most companies only offer one option.

Subjects Offered

TutorMe has one of the best varieties of subjects available in the tutoring industry. They cover basic courses such as English, science, math, and foreign languages, but they also offer subjects such as computer science, engineering, humanities, professions, and more. They offer a total of 299 subjects.

Tutor Qualifications

In order to become a tutor with TutorMe, applicants much have previous tutoring or teaching experience in addition to a mastery of the subjects tutored. Also, they need to be enrolled in or have graduated from an accredited university. Tutors can find a long list of frequently asked questions about applying that can answer all qualification questions on the TutorMe website. Several competitors do not have any formal processes in place to hire tutors, so TutorMe shows a great level of reliability by having a process in place.

The Bad

• Pricing
  • No In-Person Tutoring

Pricing

They list their costs as $29.75/hour with their plan that includes four hours per month. Some competitors charge much lower hourly rates.

No In-Person Tutoring

Though TutorMe offers a variety of online services and tools they do not provide any in-person tutoring sessions. Students seeking a face-to-face tutoring experience will have to seek other companies.

The Bottom Line

We recommend TutorMe as a great option for online tutoring services. They have great resources and experts to help students across a wide variety of subjects. TutorMe requires their tutors to have both experience and expertise. Their availability also makes them a great choice for many customers. We suggest making sure their price is in your budget before making a decision.

Audrey Macfarlane Dallas, TX

I normally don't write reviews, but I have really enjoyed working with this company; they provide a really good and honest service that no one else does. It's really user friendly and as a customer and an employee I feel that i've been taken care of really well.

13 hours ago

Aisha Cooper Los Angeles, CA

The tutors at Tutorme are high quality, always ensure students understand the material, always provide sources for students that will furthermore help the students understanding, and overall are patient and willing to go at the students pace. As for the company itself, Tutorme always provides their customers very detailed receipts consisting of time, date, who tutored the student, and the hours spent on tutoring and the total cost of the hours (which is always a great thing to have).

Jonathan London Hillsborough, NJ

The people at TutorMe are helpful and really patient when you don't understand something. Listening and communicating with them on things you may know or don't know is worth it. You learn a lot from the tutors and stuff you didn't know from back then.

Audrey Macfarlane Dallas, TX

I absolutely love this site! It's perfect for colleges, students, and teachers. It's the only plagiarism-free website that actually teaches children and in return delivers fantastic results. Five stars!!!

TiffaniNelting Bellingham, WA

I really enjoy using tutor me because its available 24/7 as I am a night owl it gives me the convenience of being able to work on my homework at night with one on one assistance.

Livey Beha New York, NY

TutorMe is a pretty good place to freelance! I would say there are more students than there are teachers, so getting tutoring is pretty slow unless you establish a relationship with a few students who return to you. I find that the hourly rate is a bit low (not at all competitive with other online earning platforms like Usertesting), but TutorMe offers more regular work. There are a lot of good ways to work with students in the portal, compared to trying to tutor on your own. It’s also a lot easier than tutoring on your own, because you don’t have to recruit your own students. Overall, I recommend it as an online tutoring platform.

Eze Rosario Indianapolis, IN

There is 50/50 chance to get a tutor that is willing to help you. Some tutors go way and beyond to help me with my assignments but others that did not meet my expectations did not understand the struggle of a English as a second language student. For example i will need help with an assignment the tutor would explain me in a way I wont understand. I would ask for clarification and sometimes it looked like they were on a rush. But that does not mean there's good people on tutorme, because others would help me a lot.

TutorMe Logo

Reply from TutorMe

Hello Eze, We're sorry that you have had lessons that didn't meet your expectations! Please make sure to use the lesson rating system to let us know about these issues so we can look into them and handle them accordingly. We never want you to feel like you didn't get the best help! You can also always reach support by chat or by emailing [email protected] Thanks for using TutorMe! Best, Andrew

Dec. 30th, 2021

Robert B Saskatoon, SK

I am currently a tutor on TutorMe, and I'm very happy to recommend this service. My rating is from the point of view of working for the company and providing the tutoring services. The only reason I cannot give it 5 stars is because the process of claiming lessons to instruct is so competitive that it can take some time just to get set up with a student to tutor. That being said, if you are a student looking for a tutor, then just know that there are tutors chomping at the bit to help you out. The interface in the lesson space provides multiple options for working through questions and teaching lessons. When I've needed to contact IT support and customer service I've received a response in less than 24 hours, and often much sooner. This is a very professional tutoring platform that I believe is successful in its goal to provide quality tutoring services.

Patricia Cunningham Brooklyn, NY

I've had several opportunities to benefit from the writing TutorMe service at Empire State College. I am a 68 years old returning student with the need to feel confident with the assignments that are being submitted to my professors. The tutors that were assigned to me through TutorMe gave me the tools and knowledge to move forward and excel! My first 2 semesters were recognized by the Dean's List. Thank you TutorMe @ ESC!

Barbara Meyer Secaucus, NJ

Tutor me is amazingly helpful. I utilize this every time I need some assistance with my academic work. This is the best website for Education. The teachers here are helpful. I suggest if anyone needs a tutor, they should use tutor me.

Fatimah West Roxbury, MA

Tutorme.com was the second platform I started using for tutoring jobs. I like that you are able to rate students and I also like how fast and easy it is to become a tutor. Tutorme.com is unique to me because it gives you a waiting room and a demo space to work in. The session can be lengthy and you have no way of telling how long a student may need help for.

Abbey Miller Bloomington, IL

TutorMe is such a great platform. It allows you the opportunity to work whenever/wherever you want, and you get to help students in subjects that you know best. Unlike other platforms, you ~actually~ can make a decent amount of money depending on how much time you are willing to dedicate each week. I've really enjoyed my experience with TutorMe thus far and will continue to help students.

Aloe Denver, CO

This company is extremely helpful in providing tutors willing to help students in need of understanding any problems ranging from chemistry to math and others.

Lea Handal London, ON

It's an awesome platform and the pay is very reasonable. It's very simple to use and gives you so many chances to connect with students that need help.

Ken Bacolod City, NEC

I have a great experience in the company as a tutor. They do not only pay good but also track their tutors´ concerns. Indeed, their platform is commendable.

Victoria Walker Chesapeake, VA

I love the flexibility of the program since I can tutor whenever I have time. The platform is really easy to use so I can focus on providing quality help to students!

Eli Radosavlevici Buford, GA

TutorMe is by far the BEST COMPANY I've come across. TutorMe has been so helpful throughout my school semesters in helping with essays, Math equations, Spanish, etc. TutorMe is an amazing place and I would recommend it immensely.

Kush Patel Canton, MI

The teachers were very helpful, and outside of mercy giving the answers, they helped students to understand the work and truly value what they were learning. I also had some teachers that went above and beyond and provided links to additional practice to better my understand in the topics I needed help with.

Kenny Bradley Newton, UT

Good idea, but needs some improvements. I found TutorMe looking for ways to work from home and use my bachelor's degree. I did some tutoring in college, but I wasn't successful. I only tutored one person; however, with TutorMe I am able to reach a larger audience of students who need my help more often. The tutoring platform is well thought out and benefits both the students and tutors with a fair rating system and pricing. Unfortunately, their tutoring boards are a little hard to write on compared to other writing/drawing programs (One Note, Paint, etc.) since it doesn't register small markings (periods, the dots for lowercase i's, and circles look like random irregular polygons). Once this issue is fixed, I will give it 5 stars. Overall, TutorMe is the best way for tutors to make a little extra money while helping students that they wouldn't have been able to reach otherwise.

Richard Cunningham Hamilton, HC

TutorMe is a great platform which enables not just children but adults to learn new skills or help reinforce work that they are currently studying. I have used it consistently and have found students and tutors to be knowledgeable and professional. The helpdesk was also quick to respond to a minor query. A great tool for people of all ages to learn new subjects or to get help with school work! Def recommend!

Shalini GR

TutorMe is a very good platform for both students and tutors. They are committed towards helping each and every student understand and enjoy the process of learning. I have been tutoring in this platform for a while now and noticed that they follow a very good value system in their working. There are many platforms which offer quick answers to student's assignment problems. But TutorMe is unique in this regard and makes the students equipped to answer questions on their own! The pay here for tutors is very good and is on an hourly basis. Also, there is a steady flow of students here as many universities have chosen TutorMe for their students. Its amazing how I can choose to tutor whenever I want (24 X 7) as the timings are flexible. Overall, I would definitely recommend this platform to my students and fellow tutors.

Safiye Sayma Fort Worth, TX

Never found a better platform that has helped and improved my studies, plus TutorMe has very reasonable prices.

makyla Brookhaven, PA

I was failing math, then i found tutor me, i got to talk to tutors before i got in the room, it's amazing, now i have A+ on all my tests, Thanks.

Helen Faubion Albuquerque, NM

TutorMe is one of the easiest and low-key sites. Tutoring is not a high-stress style and all is done with compassion and understanding. Tutors are experienced in a vast array of subjects and ready to help. I love being a tutor here!

Carmen Samaniego Ann Arbor, MI

When my school said we needed to use this website instead of emailing our teacher, I was a little disappointed. I tried tutorme for the first homework assignment to get used to it. I am not exaggerating when I say I have used a tutor for every assignment since. I learn as much from the tutors as I do in class. I love learning with multiple perspectives!

brody fogleman Raleigh, NC

Tutoring with TutorMe has been such a phenomenal experience. Getting to see students grow each step of the way through this platform has been great for me because I feel as if I am giving back to many different communities. In a time of a pandemic this is extremely beneficial for students struggling with virtual learning, and especially struggling in such important courses such as basic math and science.

madelyn welling Salt Lake City, UT

Tutorme is a great site that has tutors readily available throughout the day. They are always so willing to help and are so kind. Tutorme is great for any of your homework needs and allows people the ability to better understand concepts through the help of those who know what they are talking about! I would recommend tutorme to any of my friends!

shaniyah jones Selma, AL

I been using tutorme for microeconomics mostly and it have helped me so much. I went from making c to a. I am going to continue to use this in the future. Nothing like having a tutor that will break the problem down step by step to make sure you understand.

Elizabeth Meadows Houston, TX

Paid by the tutoring session rather than by the hour, TutorMe offers the freedom to work however often/whenever I choose, from the comfort of home. I tutor two different subjects which allows for a lot of variety. The platform is extremely simple to use, yet robust enough to switch each lesson from text to audio to video with screen-sharing capability at the click of an icon. Payment is seamless through PayPal. Not the most lucrative of jobs, but I can recommend it to anyone who wants to work from home with very little hassle.

Mei Ling Brooklyn, NY

I have had great experiences so far with both live tutoring and paper reviews. Highly recommended!

Ray Davis Asheville, NC

TutorMe has been an excellent source of work, income, and education that I can adjust around my availability. Their "heatmap," which identifies their busiest times of the day, is very helpful as I plan when I should schedule my hours around the platform. While I wish lessons were easier to grab (they zap away pretty quick due to high demand), I can positively say that I've been learning a lot by reading students papers and guiding them to acquire their own knowledge of the English language. I would definitely recommend this to our tutors.

Anita Ladera Ranch, CA

I am currently a new student at Ashford, doing my MBA. Week 1 of school, I was struggling with my assignment, and the night before it was due, I decided to go on tutor me. My tutor Rohn connected with me and worked with me for over 2 hrs. He was very patient and even persevered through the technical difficulties I was having with my computer. He even schedules a lesson for the next morning to do a final run through my assignment and proofread before uploading it. Now I only connect with him because of his level of service given. And guess what? My studies were all 100%. You go, Rohn A. Tutor me is very lucky to have you as a tutor. Tutor me is a great platform. I recommend it. Don't miss it. Skip the assignment when you can use tutor me.

zach favela Aurora, CO

Before covid me and my wife really like going to the tutor center on campus. But to be honestly I REALLY like this better. With this tutorme I dont have to wait on a available tutor to help me. Before, it was hard to find time to get in with the tutor because of work or classes. Now its the other way around. I can get sign in when I have time from my desk at home and see a tutor whenever I want to. I like the fact I can reach to the same tutor every time for help. A simple message to them to see when they are available and thats it! OH! you can save the lessons so you can go back to them which I LOVE so much! Once this covid is over with I would still use this.

LPC Grand Junction, CO

I was looking to make some extra money and my field has fairly limited opportunities for that. I saw a post that TutorMe was looking for new hires in my field, and applied after looking through the profiles of others on TutorMe in my area of expertise. I like that I can login and, if timing permits, make some extra money doing interesting work that helps students succeed. I also appreciated in their orientation packet the expectation of high ethical standards and that students wouldn't have work done for them. That's meaningful for me, especially since I know other companies (e.g., paper mills) do that kind of stuff - that goes against the grain for me, and I'm happy TutorMe is way better than those other services. It's about learning, helping others succeed, and sharing expertise. Love it!

LM2824 Blairstown, NJ

Tutorme.com is a tutoring on demand service where students can get the help they need in real time. Tutors are screened and carefully selected and students can expect tips to complete their work. Tutors will often ask open-ended questions, use modeling, and help identify repetitive errors in writing to make student work stronger. Tutors are friendly, encouraging, and patient. Students can request a tutor they’ve worked with before or select any tutor who is free. This service is excellent for a struggling student, one who needs guidance or confidence, or one who just doesn’t know where to start. This service is highly recommended!

Dahyeon Jeagarl Brookline, MA

I really love experience in TutorMe and willing to use TutorMe until my graduation. The best thing about this site is that you can ask any questions to experts and get perfect explanations. For example, I struggled a lot in chemistry but I could not go to every office hour or help hours because I had to spend time in other classes. Every time I have any problems, I simply logged on TutorMe and asked chemistry teachers in TutorMe. Tutors are extremely helpful. They take their time to make you understand the single material and care for you a lot. TutorMe is a best website for students who want to save their time and willing to learn.

Teresa Jorgensen Portsmouth, VA

As the world is moving more digital, TutorMe is an excellent platform to connect students and tutors. *I have not used the platform as a student.* Using the platform as a tutor has been easy to use and navigate. As a professional librarian on a sabbatical (currently as a stay-at-home mom), I love that TutorMe lets me continue doing what I love as a librarian on my own time. With a small child I do not have a regular schedule and TutorMe allows me to work around that. My only gripe with the Tutor Me platform is that I cannot help more than one student at a time. I have been using this platform for a week now, and plan to continue using it indefinitely.

Pallav R.

Tutorme.com is an excellent platform for students who wish understand a subject, clear their doubts, or need some quick guidance with homework. Tutorme provides cutting edge tech to the users to enhance learning.I have been online Tutor for over 6 months now, and the Tutorme "whiteboard" is the best tool I have encountered so far for online teaching and learning, you can talk to your tutor via video and audio chat. You can setup your own lesson timings, learn at your own pace. Tutorme is the epitome of customer service and good teaching/learning environment. I recommend everyone reading this review to at least try this service for once, and then see it for yourself.

Juana Aleman Lupercio Oklahoma City, OK

excellent staff, the tutor are well prepared. Even when they aren't familiar with the subject, they let we know to search for a well prepared tutor.

Brieannah Hartman Arkansas City, KS

I have been using TutorMe for my college writing class. Very polite staff. Very helpful. would definitely go to them if you need any help.

Unknown Host New Haven, CT

This tutoring service has allowed me to truly understand the concepts I'm struggling with. There is a wide variety of tutors, always available, that can help me from something very simple to something very complex. Overall an amazing company and plan to continue using them!

Anu Chicago, IL

Matt has been incredibly helpful and supportive throughout my study. He is great at pointing out which areas need to be focused on, and he takes the time to tailor his teaching method. His tutoring has been extremely effective.

Alzehera Alsadi Meridian, MS

Hi!My experience with TutorMe is that i love it so much i think that it is good and that i give it a 100%100 i really love it even simple qustions i am not embarrassed to ask it cause i fell confident about TutorMe including i finish my lesson with a teacher and i understand a lot this is amazing love it!

SallyG Collinsville, IL

I love that I can do this from anywhere as long as I have internet connection. I also love that I can pick and choose the assignments and subjects I want so I’m not feeling inadequate to help on subjects I’m not as confident in.

Samantha Webster Pensacola, FL

TutorMe is a provided platform for help through my university. I have utilized this resource countless times to help get me through an assignment. The tutors are easy to follow, readily available, and quick to help! Would definitely recommend it to anyone in the future!

Jorge Menacho North Providence, RI

The platform is really helpful. It allowed me to find help in different subjects (Calculus I and II, Physics, Literature). Every mentor I met has been really helpful. They don’t do your homework, they teach you how to do it. Which I think is what really matters. I would 100% recommend the site if you are struggling in any class.

Yides Gestetner Ramat Gan, TA

The tutors were all super nice and very knowledgeable. Taught me great skills.

Breanne Whittaker Miamisburg, OH

I absolutely love TutorMe! They are available 24/7 which is nice when you’re in a pinch and need help with whatever subject your working on. Tutor me has some of the best tutoring services I have ever used along with some of the best tutors I’ve ever used as well! Very convenient! Thank you for all that you have ever helped me with and or will help me with TutorMe!!!

Kailey Lloyd Phoenix, AZ

TutorMe has been a super lifesaver for me. As an online student who works full time, I am never able to get help from my professors since I am not home during their open hours. Being able to log in 24/7 and get help from someone experienced and talk through the material has helped me not to fail Chemistry. I love TutorMe and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Roxana Perez ,

I really enjoy working with TutorMe. As a college student myself, I appreciate the flexibility it offers as well as the decent pay they provide. The platform is very easy to use and has all the resources you could potentially need as a tutor and as a student. If you are a student looking for some extra help or a way to earn some extra cash, I totally recommend TutorMe.