TutorMe Logo

TutorMe

9.6

TutorMe is an online service that offers both virtual tutoring and online test preparation courses. Their vision is to enhance the way the world learns. "TutorMe gives anyone with expertise the ability to share their knowledge and makes it unbelievably easy."

The Good

• Learning Tools
  • Tutor Availability
  • Subjects Offered
  • Tutor Qualifications

Learning Tools

TutorMe offers a variety of learning resources. With TutorMe, students can access video conferencing, audio and text chat, shared whiteboard space, and file sharing. The variety of options allows each student to find the tool that best fits his or her learning style.

Tutor Availability

TutorMe tutors are available to their students 24/7, 365. In less than three minutes, they can connect with an expert. Also, TutorMe allows their students to either choose their tutor or have TutorMe match them up with one. Most companies only offer one option.

Subjects Offered

TutorMe has one of the best varieties of subjects available in the tutoring industry. They cover basic courses such as English, science, math, and foreign languages, but they also offer subjects such as computer science, engineering, humanities, professions, and more. They offer a total of 299 subjects.

Tutor Qualifications

In order to become a tutor with TutorMe, applicants much have previous tutoring or teaching experience in addition to a mastery of the subjects tutored. Also, they need to be enrolled in or have graduated from an accredited university. Tutors can find a long list of frequently asked questions about applying that can answer all qualification questions on the TutorMe website. Several competitors do not have any formal processes in place to hire tutors, so TutorMe shows a great level of reliability by having a process in place.

The Bad

• Pricing
  • No In-Person Tutoring

Pricing

They list their costs as $29.75/hour with their plan that includes four hours per month. Some competitors charge much lower hourly rates.

No In-Person Tutoring

Though TutorMe offers a variety of online services and tools they do not provide any in-person tutoring sessions. Students seeking a face-to-face tutoring experience will have to seek other companies.

The Bottom Line

We recommend TutorMe as a great option for online tutoring services. They have great resources and experts to help students across a wide variety of subjects. TutorMe requires their tutors to have both experience and expertise. Their availability also makes them a great choice for many customers. We suggest making sure their price is in your budget before making a decision.

Carmen Samaniego Ann Arbor, MI

When my school said we needed to use this website instead of emailing our teacher, I was a little disappointed. I tried tutorme for the first homework assignment to get used to it. I am not exaggerating when I say I have used a tutor for every assignment since. I learn as much from the tutors as I do in class. I love learning with multiple perspectives!

Shalini GR

TutorMe is a very good platform for both students and tutors. They are committed towards helping each and every student understand and enjoy the process of learning. I have been tutoring in this platform for a while now and noticed that they follow a very good value system in their working. There are many platforms which offer quick answers to student's assignment problems. But TutorMe is unique in this regard and makes the students equipped to answer questions on their own! The pay here for tutors is very good and is on an hourly basis. Also, there is a steady flow of students here as many universities have chosen TutorMe for their students. Its amazing how I can choose to tutor whenever I want (24 X 7) as the timings are flexible. Overall, I would definitely recommend this platform to my students and fellow tutors.

madelyn welling Salt Lake City, UT

Tutorme is a great site that has tutors readily available throughout the day. They are always so willing to help and are so kind. Tutorme is great for any of your homework needs and allows people the ability to better understand concepts through the help of those who know what they are talking about! I would recommend tutorme to any of my friends!

brody fogleman Raleigh, NC

Tutoring with TutorMe has been such a phenomenal experience. Getting to see students grow each step of the way through this platform has been great for me because I feel as if I am giving back to many different communities. In a time of a pandemic this is extremely beneficial for students struggling with virtual learning, and especially struggling in such important courses such as basic math and science.

Unknown Host New Haven, CT

This tutoring service has allowed me to truly understand the concepts I'm struggling with. There is a wide variety of tutors, always available, that can help me from something very simple to something very complex. Overall an amazing company and plan to continue using them!

Audrey Barrett Portland, OR

It’s really nice as a student worker to have flexible hours. You also get to connect with students all across the country and keep your academic skills sharp!

Bianca Osorio Berrun Boston, MA

I am an international graduate student and I could say that most of the tutors I've been working with have helped me improve my writing skills. Furthermore, it has been a good tool since you have access 24/7.

Anu Chicago, IL

Matt has been incredibly helpful and supportive throughout my study. He is great at pointing out which areas need to be focused on, and he takes the time to tailor his teaching method. His tutoring has been extremely effective.

Alzehera Alsadi Meridian, MS

Hi!My experience with TutorMe is that i love it so much i think that it is good and that i give it a 100%100 i really love it even simple qustions i am not embarrassed to ask it cause i fell confident about TutorMe including i finish my lesson with a teacher and i understand a lot this is amazing love it!

Anita Ladera Ranch, CA

I am currently a new student at Ashford, doing my MBA. Week 1 of school, I was struggling with my assignment, and the night before it was due, I decided to go on tutor me. My tutor Rohn connected with me and worked with me for over 2 hrs. He was very patient and even persevered through the technical difficulties I was having with my computer. He even schedules a lesson for the next morning to do a final run through my assignment and proofread before uploading it. Now I only connect with him because of his level of service given. And guess what? My studies were all 100%. You go, Rohn A. Tutor me is very lucky to have you as a tutor. Tutor me is a great platform. I recommend it. Don't miss it. Skip the assignment when you can use tutor me.

zach favela Aurora, CO

Before covid me and my wife really like going to the tutor center on campus. But to be honestly I REALLY like this better. With this tutorme I dont have to wait on a available tutor to help me. Before, it was hard to find time to get in with the tutor because of work or classes. Now its the other way around. I can get sign in when I have time from my desk at home and see a tutor whenever I want to. I like the fact I can reach to the same tutor every time for help. A simple message to them to see when they are available and thats it! OH! you can save the lessons so you can go back to them which I LOVE so much! Once this covid is over with I would still use this.

Lina Rak Moraga, CA

The tutors are all patient and really cater to your learning needs. They take their time to help you and I enjoy working with them.

Lisa Socha League City, TX

TutorMe has been a wonderful opportunity for me to work with students to help them grow in their writing! The format is easy to use for tutor and student, and you are provided with so many useful tools and resources.

SallyG Collinsville, IL

I love that I can do this from anywhere as long as I have internet connection. I also love that I can pick and choose the assignments and subjects I want so I’m not feeling inadequate to help on subjects I’m not as confident in.

Samantha Webster Pensacola, FL

TutorMe is a provided platform for help through my university. I have utilized this resource countless times to help get me through an assignment. The tutors are easy to follow, readily available, and quick to help! Would definitely recommend it to anyone in the future!

Jorge Menacho North Providence, RI

The platform is really helpful. It allowed me to find help in different subjects (Calculus I and II, Physics, Literature). Every mentor I met has been really helpful. They don’t do your homework, they teach you how to do it. Which I think is what really matters. I would 100% recommend the site if you are struggling in any class.

Jitzel Lopez Yuma, AZ

I like that tutor me can find the best people to help me and i got so many good grades as soon as i started to use the site i love it and all the teachers are very helpful .I also like that you find a tutor in less then 40 seconds .

Brittany Lee Denver, CO

Variety of different types of tutors with varying personalities & strengths. I really love that this service has allowed me to meet amazing individuals with similar academic interests & ambitions. It's available 24/7, & it's designed with the student in mind. Would recommend to peers.

Breanne Whittaker Miamisburg, OH

I absolutely love TutorMe! They are available 24/7 which is nice when you’re in a pinch and need help with whatever subject your working on. Tutor me has some of the best tutoring services I have ever used along with some of the best tutors I’ve ever used as well! Very convenient! Thank you for all that you have ever helped me with and or will help me with TutorMe!!!

Kailey Lloyd Phoenix, AZ

TutorMe has been a super lifesaver for me. As an online student who works full time, I am never able to get help from my professors since I am not home during their open hours. Being able to log in 24/7 and get help from someone experienced and talk through the material has helped me not to fail Chemistry. I love TutorMe and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Roxana Perez ,

I really enjoy working with TutorMe. As a college student myself, I appreciate the flexibility it offers as well as the decent pay they provide. The platform is very easy to use and has all the resources you could potentially need as a tutor and as a student. If you are a student looking for some extra help or a way to earn some extra cash, I totally recommend TutorMe.

Anahi G. Salt Lake City, UT

I'm a college student taking math 1090, I was really struggling with my math. I had the best time with my tutor, she was more than willing to work with me and help for hours at a time. I have tried other platforms of tutoring, but nothing has worked as well as TutorMe. I recommend it 5/5. The tutors have great communication skills, are knowledgeable, and patient. They are kind and more than willing to work with your schedule.

Marisela Nieto Las Cruces, NM

The best thing I like about this company is that they provide excellent tutors and are able to help with any assignment that can be challenging.

StephanieU Irving, TX

Tutorme has pretty much gotten me through my entire economics class as my teacher does not teach. All except 1 of my tutors have been extremely helpful and nice.

Meagan Smyrna, GA

Tutorme.com has been super helpful. I often find myself having questions about assignments and wanting an educated person to look over my assignments before submission. The availability is amazing. As a mom of a young child and working full time, I really appreciate being able to get help after I put my child to bed.

Briahna DeAnda Kyle, TX

I am new to TutorMe.com, and have so far only had good experiences. Students are pleasant to work with, and the site is easy to use. I highly recommend being a tutor with TutorMe.com!

Sahar Waseem Fremont, CA

I got really excellent tutors for english! i mostly used this platform to get feedback on my research papers and for basic critique on my essays and I have managed to secure great scores whenever I have used this platform! The tutors are so kind and helpful and they are amazing to work with! I love their energy!

Makalia Smith ,

When using tutorme, I always have the best experiences. I always come with lots of questions or need help understand what exactly I need to do. All of the teachers are super helpful and always answer all of my questions. Every time I use TutorMe for an assignment, I never get a low grade!

Destinee Rivera Marietta, GA

I love TutorMe, it has helped me a lot in the past and helps me a lot currently (taking Organic Chemistry II). My only complaint is sometimes it glitches out, and I get disconnected from my lesson, but it always once that happens it lets me know that I won’t be charged since my session was interrupted. Customer service/IT/help desk respond within 24 hours as well. TutorMe will for sure help you out through school, whether it’s college or high school. You’re able to connect with live tutors who respond and answer all your questions you may have :)

Meredith Rix Milwaukee, WI

I never thought I needed a tutoring service for my papers or my writing skills, but Tutor Me has saved me these past few weeks and I am grateful beyond anything for this service to help me complete my work on time even if it means staying up late to do so!! Thanks, Tutor Me!

Estefani Guiracocha Minneapolis, MN

TutorMe is an easy way to connect with tutors instantly and receive help on a variety of subjects. There are many interactive tools as well which help in understanding the material better. The tutors are super helpful and tailor to your needs regarding how you learn best and what is easier for you

Kaijha Joachim Springfield, MA

I come to tutor me a lot and my experience has been amazing. They help me with my homework assignments that’s I have and they always explain it throughly, and in a way I could get it. They also make sure that I understand the topic and makes me feel comfortable to ask them questions. I’ve been through a lot of tutors and most of them were great.

Haile Erilus Roxbury, MA

This service is priceless, and the caliber of informed tutors makes me want to keep working with them. I recommend anyone who is thinking about this service to try it and see for themselves. I dont think i would have continued pursuing my degree with as much confidence had it not been for all my tutors. I thank you all so much for your input and critics.

Letitia Calloway Danville, VA

I've had nothing but good experiences with tutorme. The tutors are so knowledgeable and helpful. I have one that I just love. Ashley S. has been helpful from the beginning. She is so understanding and patient. She listens to what I have to say and then we move from there. I wish I had of known about this last year when I was struggling with math. It would been so helpful and I probably would've been done with all of my schooling by now. Thank you so much tutorme for all the help.

Ryan Berray Oviedo, FL

Accounting Department of Tutors has been wonderful in making sure I understand each question that I've brought to them and given a definite answer. Would recommend when you are struggling and once you find a person you really connect with it becomes even easier to get the help you seek with a person that can explain it to you in one on one sessions with ease.

LPC Grand Junction, CO

I was looking to make some extra money and my field has fairly limited opportunities for that. I saw a post that TutorMe was looking for new hires in my field, and applied after looking through the profiles of others on TutorMe in my area of expertise. I like that I can login and, if timing permits, make some extra money doing interesting work that helps students succeed. I also appreciated in their orientation packet the expectation of high ethical standards and that students wouldn't have work done for them. That's meaningful for me, especially since I know other companies (e.g., paper mills) do that kind of stuff - that goes against the grain for me, and I'm happy TutorMe is way better than those other services. It's about learning, helping others succeed, and sharing expertise. Love it!

LM2824 Blairstown, NJ

Tutorme.com is a tutoring on demand service where students can get the help they need in real time. Tutors are screened and carefully selected and students can expect tips to complete their work. Tutors will often ask open-ended questions, use modeling, and help identify repetitive errors in writing to make student work stronger. Tutors are friendly, encouraging, and patient. Students can request a tutor they’ve worked with before or select any tutor who is free. This service is excellent for a struggling student, one who needs guidance or confidence, or one who just doesn’t know where to start. This service is highly recommended!

Dahyeon Jeagarl Brookline, MA

I really love experience in TutorMe and willing to use TutorMe until my graduation. The best thing about this site is that you can ask any questions to experts and get perfect explanations. For example, I struggled a lot in chemistry but I could not go to every office hour or help hours because I had to spend time in other classes. Every time I have any problems, I simply logged on TutorMe and asked chemistry teachers in TutorMe. Tutors are extremely helpful. They take their time to make you understand the single material and care for you a lot. TutorMe is a best website for students who want to save their time and willing to learn.

Teresa Jorgensen Portsmouth, VA

As the world is moving more digital, TutorMe is an excellent platform to connect students and tutors. *I have not used the platform as a student.* Using the platform as a tutor has been easy to use and navigate. As a professional librarian on a sabbatical (currently as a stay-at-home mom), I love that TutorMe lets me continue doing what I love as a librarian on my own time. With a small child I do not have a regular schedule and TutorMe allows me to work around that. My only gripe with the Tutor Me platform is that I cannot help more than one student at a time. I have been using this platform for a week now, and plan to continue using it indefinitely.

Pallav R.

Tutorme.com is an excellent platform for students who wish understand a subject, clear their doubts, or need some quick guidance with homework. Tutorme provides cutting edge tech to the users to enhance learning.I have been online Tutor for over 6 months now, and the Tutorme "whiteboard" is the best tool I have encountered so far for online teaching and learning, you can talk to your tutor via video and audio chat. You can setup your own lesson timings, learn at your own pace. Tutorme is the epitome of customer service and good teaching/learning environment. I recommend everyone reading this review to at least try this service for once, and then see it for yourself.

Keshondra Shipp Leesburg, GA

Flexible hours, many subjects and tutors, and reliable help are a few of the many features this platform offers. You will not be disappointed with them.

A Dub Santa Fe, NM

Tutor me has helped me a lot this term. I was really having a hard time understanding some of my course work. They broke it down to where I could understand it and helped me find a few sources to look up topics.

Sumnima Bhandari , TX

Tutorme has helped me a lot with my school works. Every tutors I’ve ever interacted with are very generous and helpful. The best part is it’s 24/7 so you can get help anytime you want.

Sydney Bickler Sedalia, CO

Easy process to get connected with a tutor. They are able to show you work on the whiteboard and you can save the whiteboard as a pdf for later. It’s best when the tutor is able to use the microphone, otherwise it can take a long time to get through the tutoring. Overall easy process and nice tutors.

Antonio Ureno Wichita, KS

I've been struggling with Chemistry and instead of simply giving me the answer, tutor me tutors work with me to teach me how to get the answers. I'm getting more sleep because of tutor me.

Shannon Ray Mesa, AZ

TutorMe is great, I use it for my accounting grad school courses. I have had awesome tutors who help me succeed and do well in the classroom. I have not had any bad experience.

Sam Tacoma, WA

The lesson space where tutors and students collaborate is well-equipped to handle all kinds of questions and material, and the writing labs function is very helpful for students to receive writing feedback and tutors to do asynchronous work. The biggest downside is that jobs are hard to get at first- you have to be really fast to claim them, unless you want to work odd hours.

RONALD SAINVIL Springfield, MA

I really like the tutor's professionalism, their patient and willingness to help students 24/7. It good to have professionals that can help a student with their assignment before the final submission. Keep on doing the excellent work !

Iqraa Bismi Tampa, FL

24hrs tutoring available. I can try studying with different amazing tutors, if I understood any of my tutors well, I have the option to work with them again whenever needed. I can come back to the site, and see the past lessons which always stays saved. Using Text Editor is SO convenient.

Victoria Kalyne Bennette McMinnville, OR

I love everything about TutorMe. TutorMe has allowed me to receive private tutoring while in this pandemic and each tutor I was matched with has given me ample help with practice problems while being thorough about making sure I understand concepts.