Seaside Consultants

7.2

Located in Encinitas, California, Seaside Consultants Group offers timeshare relief and contract cancellation solutions. Seaside can help cancel your timeshare in cases where misrepresentations and high-pressure sales tactics common to the industry were used to initiate your investment. What most people don't know is that timeshare providers cannot hold people liable for a contract based on misrepresentations.

If purchasing a timeshare property or joining a timeshare program doesn't match what you were expecting due to fraudulent marketing or sales practices or you find yourself facing years of ongoing fees that you weren't fully informed about, Seaside Consultants can help look into your situation. Its program includes a dedicated account analyst, credit protection, and positive client satisfaction.

Keep reading for pros and cons of working with Seaside Consultants Group to help with your timeshare exit.

The Good

• Free Consultation Offer
  • Clearly Lays Out the Process
  • Aims to Protect Client Credit
  • State-by-State Laws
  • Consulting Services Disclaimer

Free Consultation Offer

Seaside offers a free consultation to review your specific circumstances and determine if its professionals can help you cancel your timeshare.

Clearly Lays Out the Process

Getting started with Seaside Consultants is relatively simple; the first step of the process is talking to a specialist and building a case file. Clients will need to provide information such as purchase dates and, more importantly, any misleading or high-pressure sales tactics the seller used. Once the company has the necessary documentation, clients will speak with a senior analyst to explore further options.

If the senior analyst decides the provided information is enough to make a case, the analyst will discuss what options there are and what the cost to cancel the contract will be. Clients who approve will be sent a service agreement by their case manager.

After that, Seaside Consultants will begin working diligently to cancel the contract. The company states that most cases are typically achieved in 6 to 12 months; however, Seaside has some outlying cases that took up to 18 months.

Once the case is resolved and the client is relieved of all future liabilities of the timeshare contract — mortgage, assessments, and maintenance fees — clients can enjoy the rest of their life timeshare free.

Aims to Protect Client Credit

One thing that sets Seaside Consultants apart from its competitors is the company's dedication to helping clients protect their credit score. Timeshare owners who are struggling to make their loan or maintenance fees might be reported by the resort and get a 30, 60, or 90-day late payment notice — which will negatively affect their credit score.

Some resorts will even categorize timeshare loans as a mortgage. If the timeshare owner stops making payments on the loan, it could be reported to credit bureaus as a mortgage foreclosure. Generally, a foreclosure can drop a FICO credit score by at least 100 points, if not more. A foreclosure won't completely ruin a credit score, but it can make it challenging to take out loans in the future. So the fact that Seaside Consultants makes it a priority to protect its clients’ credit score is a huge plus.

State-by-State Laws

Unfortunately, every state has different timeshare laws — making it extremely confusing for many owners as they were not made aware of these laws when they purchased their timeshare.

To combat this, Seaside Consultants provides an entire page on its website devoted to helping timeshare owners learn the laws of each state. Whether a client needs help canceling a timeshare in Nevada, New York, or Vermont, Seaside Consultants has ample experience with timeshare cancellation in each state.

Consulting Services Disclaimer

At the bottom of the Frequently Asked Questions page on the website, Seaside Consultants explains that the company is not a law firm. Seaside Consultants gathers data from its clients and works with its team of professionals to build a case against the developer. We appreciate that Seaside Consultants is transparent about this.

The Bad

Little Information on Escrow

Based on the website, Seaside Consultants offers an escrow payment option. This is fantastic for clients as it means the timeshare exit company must complete the cancellation to get paid — giving them the incentive to finalize a case. However, there is little information on the website about the escrow process, its financial purpose, and how it affects clients. It would be beneficial for Seaside Consultants to include more educational information as people are often unaware of what an escrow is and how it can help them.

The Bottom Line

While Seaside Consultants works hard to help timeshare owners get out of a financially draining contract, the company does it in a way that protects its clients’ credit — very few other companies make this promise. Seaside Consultants is also extremely transparent about its process and how long a case could take. For those interested in learning more about Seaside Consultant's services and costs, consumers are encouraged to call the company directly.

not_listed_location

Seaside Consultants Frequently Asked Questions

Can Seaside Consultants cancel my timeshare?

Thousands of people seek timeshare cancellation each year, but not everyone will qualify. Our team of specialists and analysts will determine if you are eligible and if you are, our team, including your attorney, will start the cancellation process. Timeshare cancellation means cancellation of the timeshare mortgage debt, ending the maintenance fees, and terminating all obligations.

Am I eligible for timeshare cancellation with Seaside Consultants?

We specialize in canceling timeshare contracts that were signed based on deceit, misinformation, misrepresentations, and high-pressure sales tactics. Our process at Seaside Consultants starts with an thoughtful analysis of the information and facts documented during your complimentary consultation. If your case meets the criteria the attorneys have established, we will accept your case.

How do I get started with Seaside Consultants?

To start, we offer a free, no obligation consultation as the first step. You can call today to speak with a specialist at Seaside Consultants, and they will help gather the required documentation with you and schedule the free consultation with one of our skilled analysts.

Will I get an attorney with Seaside Consultants?

Yes! All of our clients at Seaside Consultants are assigned an attorney to be their legal representation for the cancellation process. It is important in this process that the attorney represents you directly; an attorney after all is obligated to do only what is in the best interest of their client. Our timeshare attorneys  at Seaside Consultants have experience in both real estate and consumer protection laws on vacation ownership.

Do you offer credit protection at Seaside Consultants?

Yes! We understand how important your credit is, and we are proud to comprehensively protect your credit throughout the process. The developer will not be able to ding your credit during the cancellation, and we will work to repair any damage that the timeshare has already done or that may arise from any inadvertent situations.

What about taxes?

If you’re asking about taxes, then you’re already ahead of the game, which is great! IRS Form 1099-C Cancellation of Debt is exactly what it sounds like. Nothing to worry about though, we’ll even have our tax attorney take care of that.

How long does this process take with Seaside Consultants?

Results are typically achieved within 8–12 months with Seaside Consultants. Each case is of course different; some cases may be completed in as few as six months, while some may take upwards of 18 months. Some factors that may impact this timeline include COVID-19, the timeliness of responses from your timeshare company, the amount of contracts you have, your mortgage status, etc.

Will I get any of my money back with Seaside Consultants?

Maybe! We of course can’t make any guarantee of the results of a case, but we can tell you that our attorneys at Seaside Consultants work diligently for every client to get at least a partial refund.

What is your escrow-type plan?

In escrow, the termination fee is put in a holding account and only released when the timeshare cancellation is complete. For extra peace of mind, we offer this optional protection for an additional charge.

What is a rescission period?

A key provision in consumer protection law in the rescission period, also known as the cancellation period. Purchasers have in some states as many as three weeks to rescind or cancel the timeshare purchase. If you recently purchased your timeshare, please check our state laws page to see if you are still in your rescission period and what actions are necessary.

Message from
Seaside Consultants

Seaside Consultants Group is an industry-leading timeshare exit company based in Encinitas, California. Advocating for consumers since 2014, our company still maintains an A+ rating with the BBB and a 100 percent client satisfaction rate. SCG specializes in canceling contracts that were signed based on deceit, misinformation, misrepresentations, and high-pressure sales tactics. Timeshare salespeople are notorious for these alleged practices, and SCG is dedicated to protecting our clients’ rights, their dignity, and their hard-earned money. Our team of handpicked and highly specialized attorneys will work diligently to cancel your timeshare ownership. You will work directly with your assigned attorney — your official legal representation — in pursuit of the timeshare cancellation We understand how important your credit is, and we are proud to comprehensively protect your credit throughout the process. And once you are out of the timeshare, our tax attorney will even handle the tax preparation. Now, we understand that it can be scary putting your trust in another company after what happened with the timeshare company… Most of our clients certainly felt that way. So just relax. And take a deep breath. Help is just a call or click away.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

4.8

bookmark

Featured Review

Pamela Estrada Lancaster, CA

This is the first company that actually did what they said they would do! We had been trying to get rid of the awful burden of a timeshare for years! All you have to do is call. They ask you some questions & determine if they can help. You then provide them with the timeshare information & they start working. They take payment over the time it takes to handle the claim & then it's done. They took care of everything! We would highly recommend Seaside Consultants to rid you of your timeshare burden!

Reply from Seaside Consultants

So glad we were able to help, Pamela! Thank you!

Nov. 14th, 2020

Hannah Jones Mooresville, NC

I am very satisfied with the service I received . They went above and beyond to work with me and my mom to help us get out of our timeshares. I am so glad we reached out and decided to move forward with Seaside Consultants out of all the companies to choose from. If you want the best go with them you will not be disappointed.

Melanie D Oceanside, CA

Seaside Consultants is truly an amazing company!! They were professional and very caring at the same time. An enormous weight has been lifted off my shoulders because of them. I highly recommend them if you are looking to be free of your timeshare burden. They are the Best Ever!!

Nicole Gilliam San Diego, CA

Seaside was there for me every step of the way as they said they would be. This company truly cares about their clients. I thought this nightmare would never end. I tried to get out myself for a while with no success. The call to Seaside changed my life they excepted my case and now I am free from this time share scam. I highly recommend this company to everybody.

Alyssa Bohlman Victoria, MN

Ben was fantastic! We were able to get out of our contract without having to use all the services Seaside had to offer which was amazing and it was all because of Ben! Highly recommend this company!

Tamara barlow St Louis, MO

I never thought I would get out of this mess, but I did using Seaside Consultants. They even had my credit protected through the whole lengthy process. Way to go is with Seaside. God Bless you all.

Patricia Sanchez Phoenix, AZ

Amazing company, they are professional and extremely caring at the same time. I feel like I can breathe now because of the relief they gave me and my family.. THANK YOU again Seaside Consultant’s

B_Rodriguez Wildwood, FL

We've positive experience with Seaside Consultants. Everyone has been very helpful and fast in responding to our needs. I am completely satisfied with their service and the interest they take in resolving your issue.

David Demo Corning, CA

They have been very easy to work with and answer any questions we have had. My only remark is sometimes it takes a while to get a response to e-mails. I do understand that you have many other costumers and receive many requests daily.

Reply from Seaside Consultants

Thank you for taking the time to give us some important feedback. We strive to make all consumers feel comfortable while working with us. We have also increased the size of our Client Services department in order respond to consumers faster.

Tim Bullock Madison, WI

This has been a good experience working with Ken and Bri of seaside consulting group . We look fwd to the completion of canceling our timeshare. They have been upfront with all the information . Thank you

Reply from Seaside Consultants

We are proud to hear that you enjoy working with our staff. Our commitment is to consistently give you the best service possible.

Faithful Redeemer Kernersville, NC

So far they have been great. I really like the fact that they select only cases they know they can win. This helps both sides because both sides want to be successful.

Krystal L Brooks Fredericksburg, VA

Been dealing with them for a while only to always be told it's still pending. It's been over a year if not, a year and a half. At first, they were on top of things but now when we try to reach out to them, leave a message for them to call, no one calls back and leaves a message. The level of professionalism is slowly decreasing and discouraging. It would be nice if someone would reach out and give more than just three words.

Reply from Seaside Consultants

Thank you for sharing your experience. Prior to the COVIC-19 pandemic, most cases were resolved within 18 months. The pandemic, unfortunately has slowed so many processes down to a crawl. These are factors which are unfortunately outside of our control. What is within our control is the frequency of our contact with our clients. We have recently increased the size of our Client Services department in order to respond to consumers faster and more frequently.