Resolution Timeshare Cancellation

7.5

LAST UPDATED: September 20th, 2021

Based in Madison, New Jersey, and Orlando, Florida, Resolution Timeshare Cancellation is a family-owned boutique cancellation firm. It was created to solve the three biggest problems with the timeshare exit industry:

1. It's expensive to cancel a timeshare.
  2. Most cancellation firms employ salespeople, not consumer advocates.
  3. Cancellation firms will charge fees based on how much money they think clients have.

Because it is not a law firm, the company states that Resolution can offer clients a cancellation program at an affordable price, a secure money-back guarantee, and a no upfront fee option. Resolution pledges to put its clients' interests first and foremost.

Continue reading for the pros and cons of working with this timeshare exit specialist.

The Good

• No Upfront Fee Required
  • Flat-Rate Service Fees
  • Transparency
  • Industry Experience
  • Online Reviews

No Upfront Fee Required

Many timeshare exit companies require a down payment or upfront fee, claiming it is necessary to get the ball rolling. Once they have your money, there are promises to have you out of your timeshare contract in just a few short weeks. The catch?

Most timeshare owners will never hear from the company (or person) again, still be locked into their contract, and out a couple of thousand dollars.

Unfortunately, this is a common scam throughout the timeshare cancellation industry.

Here's how Resolution is different.

Resolution offers its clients a true no upfront fee escrow option — meaning Resolution doesn't get paid until the timeshare company releases you from your contract.

While this may not seem like a big deal, it is incredibly beneficial in protecting you from getting scammed.

Companies that offer escrow — like Resolution — can guarantee a level of security during the timeshare closing process.

Flat-Rate Service Fees

Resolution is one of the only timeshare exit companies to offer a flat-rate pricing structure. Additionally, Resolution boasts being the only cancellation firm that will give consumers a price quote without asking how much money the client is paying on their timeshare.
While most other companies use a quote-based pricing structure, Resolution's clients pay the same flat fee to cancel their ownership, depending on whether or not they have a mortgage:

• With mortgage — $3,400
  • Without mortgage — $2,500

Transparency

Resolution's website is refreshing, as it provides a high level of transparency about what it takes to cancel a contract. The company doesn't believe in lying or misleading its customers. In fact, the company aims to help people who have already been lied to and misled by timeshare companies.

The website employs an anti-salesperson persona and aims to be completely transparent. For example, many other timeshare companies will claim that a case can be closed in as little as 6 to 10 months. Resolution claps back by saying that a more realistic time frame is 10 to 14 months

Of course, this isn't always the case and some Resolution clients will be out of their timeshare contract in a matter of weeks. But the point is that Resolution is honest with its clients and sets a realistic expectation.

Another topic that Resolution believes in being completely transparent about is timeshare exit programs.

Most timeshare companies offer an exit program. However, these programs are often designed to convince timeshare owners to keep their timeshare or try and resell it — which they know will typically never happen.

The only exit programs that Resolution endorses are Wyndham's Certified Exit program and Marriott's Deed-Back program.

Industry Experience

Although Resolution Timeshare Cancellation is a relatively young company, it's packed with experienced employees.

According to the company, "Resolution is made up of industry executives and founders of some of the most respected cancellation firms in the industry, with over 27 years of combined experience. Add to that the 50-year tenure of our legal counsel, the 12 years of public service work done by our CEO for the non-profit sector, plus the 21 years experience of our credit protection specialists, and you'll find the true extent of our reputation and experience exceeds the most established of cancellation companies."

Online Reviews

Resolution has received good reviews on other online review sites. The Better Business Bureau has given Resolution Timeshare Cancellation an A- rating and currently does not host any complaints.

The Bad

Timeshare Developer Limitations

Unfortunately, Resolution Timeshare Cancellation doesn't work with all timeshare owners from every resort. It does not work with customers who purchased the following timeshares:

• Club Land'or
  • Massanutten
  • Disney

While it’s unfortunate that RTC can't help timeshare owners with these three vacation companies, it's nice that this is super transparent, so people don't waste time trying to get a consultation with a firm that can't help.

The Bottom Line

If you're looking to get rid of your timeshare property but want to work with an affordable and trustworthy timeshare exit company, we highly recommend Resolution Timeshare Cancellation.

Resolution Timeshare Cancellation provides a fresh perspective on the timeshare exit industry.

The timeshare exit team is wholly transparent and attempts to put its clients' wants and needs first. Consumers pay a flat-rate fee — something that is one-of-a-kind in this industry.

Additionally, Resolution offers a no up-front fee escrow payment option — another impressive feature that protects clients from all possible scams.

Unfortunately, Resolution can't help you if you're a timeshare owner that has a timeshare with Club Land'or, Massanutten, or Disney.

5.0

Vidya D Hollywood, FL

Stephen was very courteous and helpful in not only advising what to do next, but also educated me on how the judicial and non judicial trustee foreclosures work, drafted a reply for me and didn’t charge a penny. This could be unheard of with any present day and age timeshare exit companies. He was upfront with what could/could not happen and was willing to help in future if need be. My hearty thanks to him and his resolutions timeshare cancellation. 🙏

Reply from Resolution Timeshare Cancellation

Hi Vidya! Very glad that we were able to assist you. Thank you very much for your kind review of our services. We take a lot of pride in always putting the customer first and we were happily able to demonstrate that in this case. Yours was a very unique situation and we were very pleased that we could assist you quickly and at no cost! Integrity and transparency, combined with our abilities are what we believe sets us apart from the competition. Wishing you the best of luck and thank you once again.

Sep. 2nd, 2021

Annette Baker Waxhaw, NC

I called and talked to them and they gave me great advice to get a lawyer to cancel the timeshare, since both my parents/owners were deceased. It would cost a few hundred dollars instead of they flat fee of a few thousand. They actually turned down business to give me this advise. I think that shows they are an honest company to do business with and I wish them well in helping others get rid of these bottomless pits called timeshare.

Reply from Resolution Timeshare Cancellation

Thank you very much for your kind review, Annette! We are really glad to know that things worked out for you just the way we had discussed. While it might seem unusual these days, we always strive to have our reputation and our actions align by putting the customer's needs first. Or in your case, someone who isn't even a customer, but who is simply looking for guidance. Helping people successfully exit their timeshares is what we are all about, and it's wonderful to know that our efforts on your behalf were so successful. Wishing you all the best.

Aug. 25th, 2021

Walter W Raleigh, NC

Resolution Timeshare Cancellation worked on our behalf to terminate our timeshare commitments. Upon our submitting the various documents which they required to accomplish the termination, they urged patience,, the process would take several months. From time to time we inquired about the status of the project and always received a prompt response. Finally, they guided us through the steps to accomplish the cancellation. They were always courteous and helpful.

Reply from Resolution Timeshare Cancellation

Thank you so much for the glowing review, Walter. We loved working with you and we appreciate your assistance along the way in ensuring that you had a successful exit. Wishing you all the best in the future!

Aug. 3rd, 2021

Ann Cook Ocean Isle Beach, NC

Excellent company! We couldn’t be more pleased with how professionally everything was handled. From the beginning, RTC offered helpful suggestions, used no high pressure tactics, and was very upfront, offering a one-time fee with a money back guarantee and holding the fee in escrow until we had our release papers in hand! Stephen at RTC added a personal touch to the process and gave quick responses to our questions and concerns. Although results did not happen quickly for us, RTC’s communication was outstanding throughout. RTC was a pleasure to work with and proved to be a cost-effective timeshare exit company. Thank you Stephen!

Reply from Resolution Timeshare Cancellation

Thank you so much for the glowing review, Ann! We are thrilled to have successfully assisted you and Bob in your timeshare exit process. If there is ever anything else that we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us. Congratulations and we are proud to have worked on your behalf.

Jul. 8th, 2021

Joyce Sica Glenview, IL

We tried other companies first with no luck. Confusing pricing and communication. RTC was able to get us released from our timeshare. It was a pleasure doing business with them.

Reply from Resolution Timeshare Cancellation

Congratulations again, Joyce. We are proud to have been able to assist you in successfully exiting your timeshare. Thank you for the great review and we wish you the best of luck!

Sep. 2nd, 2021

Stephen Greenville, TX

This company does everything they promise and in a timely manner. everyone was so polite and concerned. Thank you so much.

Reply from Resolution Timeshare Cancellation

Thank you so much for the review, Stephen & Sharon! We are so happy that we were able to successfully assist you in exiting both of your properties. Congratulations and we wish you the best of luck in the future.

Sep. 20th, 2021

JED Birsfelden, BL

Freeing oneself from a timeshare property can be frustrating, nerve-wracking, and a bit overwhelming. There appear to be a few solid companies who are there to help, among many many others who are simply scam-artists. My first priority, was not to be scammed. I did my research and identified a number of companies, read their on-line reviews and spoke with their on-line operators. Of all of the companies I contacted, I was most impressed by Resolution Timeshare Cancellation. Please note: There is an article on their website that everyone seeking to free themselves of a timeshare should read (https://resolutiontsc.com/f/7-things-you-need-to-know-before-you-cancel-your-timeshare). Resolution Timeshare Cancellation offered a reasonable flat fee to handle my timeshare cancellation, provided me with suggestions on how I might still approach the Resort, a copy of the contract I would need to sign, and patiently answered all of my questions. As was stated on their web site, the contract offered a 100% money back guarantee if they would be unsuccessful. I was also encouraged to contact them if I had any further questions or concerns. Unlike other companies, there was no hard sell. They did not badger me to sign a contract. This hassle-free approach spoke well of their intent and their integrity as a company. In my dealings with Resolution Timeshare Cancellation, I found them to be highly professional, knowledgeable, competent, and honest. They have truly worked in my best interest.

Reply from Resolution Timeshare Cancellation

Thank you so much for your glowing review, JED. We are very happy to have earned your business and been able to assist you in exiting your timeshare so effectively. It is always gratifying and validating for us to see that our business model really suits the needs of our customers so nicely. Congratulations on your timeshare exit and thank you again for the wonderful review.

Jun. 8th, 2020

rick woods Wellington, FL

Excellent company. From the first time we talked...there was never any pressure to sign with them. They actually encouraged us to look around and gave us hints on what to ask. The fact that they offered a money back guarantee and could have placed our payment in an escrow was amazing. No one asked what we paid or how much we owed!! Truly one price for all. They got us out in 8 months...what a relief. We srongly recommend to anyone tired of the timeshare promises!!

Reply from Resolution Timeshare Cancellation

Congratulations on your exit, Rick! We really appreciate your kind words and endorsement of our services. We are proud to live up to your expectations and so glad to have been able to assist you.

Oct. 16th, 2020

Asier Mendibe Springfield, MA

This is a legit timeshare cancellation company. Stephen L. was great. He gave me a great first consultation without any type of pressure (like many salesmen do). He said that he could help me getting out of my situation with the resort not having paid maintenance and tax fees for a couple years. He looked at all the paperwork and correspondence I had from the resort and finally guided me step by step on how to do this on my own for my particular situation. Thank you Stephen and Resolution Timeshare Cancellation

Reply from Resolution Timeshare Cancellation

Thank you so much for the very kind words, Asier. We are very glad that we were able to help you so quickly. While we would have loved to have had you as a client, helping people exit their timeshares is our priority. Glad that we accomplished that for you during our initial consultation! Stay safe and again, many thanks for the great review, Asier!

Apr. 1st, 2020

Debra Snyder Lakewood, IL

I am so glad I contacted Resolution Timeshare Cancellation. They are the nicest people to work with and they got my family and I out of our timeshare! I highly recommend calling them if you want out of your timeshare. Thank you so much Resolution Timeshare!!!

Reply from Resolution Timeshare Cancellation

Thank you so much, Debra! We couldn't be happier about helping you get out of your timeshare, and proud to have done it with a smile. :)

Jul. 1st, 2020

Richard Thomason Mount Juliet, TN

This was the easiest way to get out of my timeshare within 4-5 months. Always answered my calls and gave us the best service. Recommend them above all others.

Reply from Resolution Timeshare Cancellation

Thank you very much for the wonderful recommendation, Richard. We are very proud to have earned your business and we are thrilled that we were so successful for you in such a short timeframe. Congratulations on your exit and again, we appreciate your business and your endorsement!

Jun. 8th, 2020