Tax Group Center

4.8

LAST UPDATED: April 25th, 2023

Tax Group Center was started in 2008 and is available nationwide and in the Virgin Islands. Headquartered in Calabasas, California, the tax practice offers full tax debt relief services, uses a variety of negotiation methods, and is available 24/7.

As a tax relief company, Tax Group Center employs CTEC Certified Tax Consultants, enrolled agents, tax attorneys, and CPAs which allows it to offer a wide variety of quality tax services. Tax Group Center also offers some educational resources on its website.

Read on for more information about Tax Group Center, or scroll down to read verified Tax Group Center reviews.

The Good

• Full Array of Services
  • Tax Solutions
  • Qualified Tax Professionals
  • Educational Resources and Availability
  • Tax Prep Services Available

Full Array of Services

Tax Group Center offers an impressive selection of services, from wage garnishment removal to help with filing for an offer in compromise. The list of tax relief services offered by Tax Group Center is extensive, covering pretty much any need a customer might have in regard to tax issues. It makes it convenient for customers who may have multiple tax problems to be able to use one company for all of their issues. Some of these services are listed below:

• Wage garnishment
  • Back tax help
  • Tax audit
  • Tax lien
  • Tax levy
  • Asset seizure
  • Bookkeeping
  • Tax return preparation and tax refund help

These additional services make Tax Group Center capable of assisting clients with any kind of unpaid tax situation. No matter your particular tax situation, the tax professionals at Tax Group Center are qualified to help.

Tax Solutions

Tax Group Center offers assistance with all the available solutions to resolve tax problems. Experience with all the tax debt resolution methods means that its clients will be well-advised and every available option will be evaluated.

The ways to resolve tax debt and remove penalties are below:

• Offer in compromise
  • Installment agreement
  • Currently not collectible
  • Penalty Abatement
  • Innocent spouse relief
  • IRS appeals

An offer in compromise (OIC) is a settlement negotiation to reduce and settle unpaid taxes.

An installment agreement sets up monthly payments to the government. These payment plans allow taxpayers to meet their tax obligations at an affordable pace.

Penalty abatement involves removing penalties like wage garnishments, levies, and liens. It requires the taxpayer to demonstrate financial hardship. Taxpayers who demonstrate financial hardship may also qualify to have their debt labeled as "currently not collectible." This label doesn't remove the tax debt, but can help taxpayers avoid additional penalties.

Innocent spouse relief offers penalty removal for people whose spouses or former spouses are solely responsible for the tax debt or errors that resulted in tax debt.

These solutions to tax problems help taxpayers work with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and state and local tax departments to find a way to meet their tax liability and pay off their debt.

Qualified Tax Professionals

Tax Group Center's team consists of CPAs, CTEC tax preparers, enrolled agents, and tax attorneys. This range of tax professionals allows Tax Group Center to assist clients with diverse tax matters and needs.

The company's full-time employees understand that most people struggle with year-end tax planning and tax due dates. The range of tax professionals employed means that clients can receive a full range of tax services.

The experts at Tax Group Center are trained and certified to help you with your tax problems, even if you've missed past tax due dates. Having various educational backgrounds among professionals helps clients receive higher quality services. The team at Tax Group Center will completely take over all communication with the IRS as well as federal and state tax agencies so the clients do not have to deal with complex legal jargon.

During a free consultation, Tax Group Center will determine if it can get the results the client needs and what programs would be best. Whether you need help with individual income tax issues or other business tax issues, Tax Group Center can pair you with the tax professional you need.

Educational Resources and Availability

Tax Group Center has several pages dedicated to helping educate the public. It offers tax forms, a tax glossary, a blog with interesting tax topics, an FAQ section, and educational articles. These are nice features for people visiting Tax Group Center's website. Another great aspect of Tax Group Center is that it is available nationwide and open 24/7.

Tax Group Center also has a low minimum tax debt requirement of $5,000. While this is good, it should be noted that other tax relief companies such as Tax Defense Network do not have a minimum tax debt requirement at all. However, generally speaking, Tax Group Center's educational resources are available to everyone on its website, and its services are widely available across the country.

Tax Preparation Services Available

While Tax Group Center is primarily a tax debt relief company, it does also offer tax preparation as part of its services. This is helpful because it allows clients to consolidate all of their tax needs into one place and work with one company, whether they need help settling tax debt or just want to hire a certified tax preparer to file their tax return on time in the current tax year.

The Bad

• No Refund Information
  • No Pricing Information Online
  • Newer Company

No Refund Information

Unfortunately, we were unable to obtain any specific information about a money-back guarantee. This is not a good sign, as a great refund policy would be a selling point. Many competitors offer at least a few days to get a full refund or partial money back, and we would like to see some kind of guarantee and more transparency from Tax Group Center on its website.

No Pricing Information Online

Company representatives have revealed that the company's prices usually start at around $1,000. However, while the company provides information on its offered tax program services, Tax Group Center does not explain pricing information for each tax resolution service online. Instead, financial professionals only state the fees associated with each client's qualifying program by phone. We would like to see a price range on the website.

Newer Company

When looking into tax relief services, people may want a company that has been established in the industry for a long time. Tax Group Center only entered the industry in 2008. Though, the website states that its team of tax professionals collectively has over 30 years of experience. While this is a substantial number, top leading companies in the industry often advertise much more extensive experience.

The Bottom Line

Tax Group Center provides customers with a good variety of services and dedication to customers with its 3-S System: Service, Solution, and Success. The company provides sound tax advice and helps business owners and individuals with any type of tax problem (IRS or state taxes).

It has a long list of accreditations which leads us to recommend taking advantage of a free consultation. Overall, we suggest taking a look at some of our top recommended tax relief companies to find out if they may be able to resolve your tax needs.

View Best Tax Relief Companies

Message from
Tax Group Center

Tax Group Center is a tax services company comprised of tax and financial professionals. These professionals include CTEC Certified Tax Consultants, Enrolled Agents, Tax Attorneys, and CPAs. We specialize in providing affordable solutions to businesses and individuals alike who find themselves in trouble with the IRS and/or State Taxing Authorities.

Tax Group Center strives to provide our team of professionals with the highest level of knowledge and technology in order to empower our clients to achieve financial strength. Our aim is to make service our number one priority 100 percent of the time, to be a solution to your financial plight, and to offer guidance to success.

While handling tax debt is at the core of our business, we provide our clients with a variety of other financial services as well, including Individual and Business Tax Preparation, Bookkeeping Services, and Merchant Account Services. We represent clients nationwide.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

3.2

bookmark

Featured Review

Kimberly Williams San Diego, CA

I was 8 years behind in back taxes they brought me current file my taxes settle my debt with IRS for me I started out owing more than $15,000 I settled with the IRS for a little over 1,600 they helped me in ways I couldn't have imagined thanks Tax Group

Isabelle T Los Angeles, CA

I've owed to the IRS and it seemed like my balance kept getting higher and higher. Once I hired TGC, they jumped on my case and were able to help me by lowering my debt and i am forever grateful to the team at TGC that helped me get relief from all the stress of owing to the IRS. I couldn't be happier. Thank you so much TGC!

Kim

I owed almost 9,000. To the IRS. I did not file my 2008 or 2009 because i moved out of state and couldnt get my taxes done on time. So in 2010 i did all 3. Or 2011 really. Tax Group got it lowered to $974. I paid them like 1700. Over a period of time. Cheaper than any other i could find and most companys wont touch it if its not over 10,000. Owed. They would for more than 5000.. Owed. I had to pay my taxes on time for 5 yrs. Part of our deal. They went back 10yrs on my taxes for just in case. Im getting this notice because i completed our deal. I will never do that again. But i will for sure refer them to anyone who needs it. Best thing ive ever done. Well worth it!! Thanks to Tax Group!!! Or id really be in trouble with the IRS. Just fyi. A couple yrs ago i got a letter stating i owed almost 4000. For my 2010 taxes. I called up Benjamin Steele at Tax Group. He dealt with the IRS. I didnt owe anything because 10yrs was included in our contract. So another Thanks to Tax Group. Once again they saved me. Dealing with the IRS is not something to just put off. Its impossible. 5 yrs seems like forever. But this was cheaper, easier they did the work. So my 5 yrs was easy. My contract with Tax Group is completed in full. They did their part and i did mine. Contract fulfilled in its entirety ✔. Finally i can rest easy. Very very satisfied customer. And if anything comes up from my 2001 to 2010 taxes. Its still under warranty!!!

James

After being taken advantage in the past with my taxes, i was a bit nervous. However, I would recommend Tax Group Center to anyone! I am truly grateful for what they have provided me!

Shawn K Johnson

Tax Group Center, helped my husband and I out and saved us Thousands ! They worked out a payment plan, and they were all so very professional, we had constant communication and they truly have an exceptional tax program to help people out with the IRS. We were struggling doing it on our own and we were getting nowhere. Without them, we would have been pulling our hair out ,and not receive that results they got for us; for the first time in many years we are tax free. I highly recommend them for any tax issues.

Success ladder Milwaukee, WI

These guys did the unexpected and got rid of my irs debt. I still cant believe it to this day. Please take my word for it and get relief now!

Sam Mongeau Simi Valley, CA

Thanks to Ladd V the issues previously posted have been resolved to my satisfaction

Reply from Tax Group Center

Thank you for taking time out of your day to post this great review. We appreciate it!

Kylie Van Nuys, CA

The best call I ever made was to this company to help figure out my tax situation. They stopped the notices , removed the garnishment from my check and was able to get the stimulus money for covid. So happy. Highly recommend!!

Tamera Peterson Billings, MT

They helped me step by step to solving my tax situation

Rachael Smith Houston, TX

AMAZING COMPANY!! This company LITERALLY saved me and my family! From the moment I called to inquire about help to the moment my offer to the IRS closed, this company was FIVE STAR service beginning to end. They helped save me $13,000 and I am debt free to the IRS! Highly recommend for not only service but for the professional and kindness each person I worked with or spoke to had. Thank you Tax Group Center I will forever be a fan!!

Stephen K Jackson Fairfield, OH

From the time I made the first call and talked to Justin everything went smooth as silk. I worked with Nune most of the time and both of them made this so easy. They saved me a bunch of money. If I ever have problems again this is the only company I will work with

Ryan Wright Waterford, MI

They are willing to work with you. We had a little bit of a struggle at the beginning and customer service called and we got everything worked out very quickly. They really are great.

mary beth garcia Tucson, AZ

When Misha started working with me . She was very patient with me. And seeing how hard she worked with me, lifted a lot of stress off my shoulders. I felt confident with her handling my account. I can’t thank her enough.

Reply from Tax Group Center

Mary Beth we here at TGC take pride in our work and we appreciate you taking time to leave this nice review. Thank you and feel free to contact us with any future questions or concerns.

Aug. 3rd, 2021

Tyron Michaels

They made no promises but delivered incredible results. Prepared my taxes and resolved my tax debt , took a minute but all well worth it.

Robin Booth Richmond, VA

Anyone can make a mistake. It's the mark of a reputable company to correct that mistake to the best of their ability. This company admitted to a mistake on our taxes and owned it. No matter how our initial experience went, in the end, what counts is this company took time to investigate the issue and then made it right. Given that experience with Tax Group Center it's my opinion this is a good well intentioned company well worth working with.

1 year ago Edited October 6, 2021

Robin, Glad we could work things out amicably with you. TGC Customer Service

Oct. 15th, 2021

Martin Military

Being a veteran I never was great at staying on top of my taxes . I found myself and my family in a bad situation owing a lot and being way behind like 5 years worth of tax returns . I found this company through a friend that had great results working with tax group center so I called. I was reassured that they would get me back on my feet. Prepared my back taxes and a few months later I qualified for the fresh start program . I'm still pinching myself . Saved me the constant stress and resolved a huge debt. I highly recommend them. They did the same thing for my friend that sent me there . Unbelievable. Give them a call.

Reply from Tax Group Center

Martin, Thanks for the kind words. And thank you for your support as a Military Veteran . We are honored to have helped you with your issues and are very happy we resolved your case and that you are satisfied with the results. Best Regards TGC Customer Service

Oct. 15th, 2021

Paul Dickinson McLean, VA

Ladd was instrumental in helping resolve my issues. Any issues I had are resolved.

1 year ago Edited November 8, 2021

Reply from Tax Group Center

I have spoken to Paul and am currently resolving this customer service issue. We will be providing some additional information and investigating other resolution options as well as staying more in touch with better and more efficient communication. With regards, Ladd Vance Tax Group Center

Nov. 2nd, 2021

Sarah Los Angeles, CA

Spoke to this company a couple of times till I decided to use them and I made a great decision to hire them. they prepared a few years of delinquent tax returns and settled an old tax debt for me. I'm finally free from all the stress and now I am able to live life again.

Hillgard Powers Los Angeles, CA

Perfect timing for the holidays this company just got me a settlement with the IRS saving me a lot of money and headaches. I recommend them there while team from tax services to their legal representation all great. Happy Holidays!

Jessie Los Angeles, CA

I had a great experience working with this company. Walked me through the process step by step in advance so there were no surprise's. The process took some work on my end but the results were great ! Since I got great settlements with both agencies IRS and state of NY , I will be for sure using their bookkeeping and tax preparation services from now on. Saved me a lot , don't stress on you tax issues just get in touch with them.

Anthony Los Angeles, CA

My last CPA got me in hot water with the IRS . 2 years of tax returns were rejected and caused balances that put me in collections with the IRS. I had no idea what was going on or what to do. CPA went mia . Tax Group Center got me on the phone with the IRS figured everything out and a game plan in about 30 minutes. It's months later now and all of this is behind me now. Great feeling .

Darryl

Undeniably the best decision I have made in my life was to hire this company. Was losing my mind and was constantly worrying about my tax problems. In one phone call they had figured out the problem and gave be a blueprint to resolve it. So thankful , great work . God bless Tax Group Center

Wilbur Dallas, TX

Had an excellent experience working with this group. Resolved all my tax problems in a timely manner. Only wish I hired them sooner because I was so stressed out for a few years. I definitely recommend Tax Group Center.

Timothy H Dallas, TX

I was referred by a friend that had a great experience working with this company. The results he mentioned sounded too good to be true. I was skeptical but called for a consultation. I like what I was hearing and was told it could take a while but if I followed their instructions ( do past tax returns , provide financial information) that I had a good chance of settling my debt for some big savings . So now we are 6 months into this and I am happy to say I am very happy with the settlement and the experience I had working with this company. Highly suggest you reach out to them. My friend and I both had great results!

Kenny Joel Los Angeles, CA

I rarely leave reviews but I am so impressed with the results and my experience working with this company I was compelled to write one. I have a family and when you have the stress and worry of supporting a famlly during these tough times with gas prices and groceries going through the roof to add a tax problem with the IRS to the list was another level of stress that was unbearable. Sleepless nights , my wife was worried and the IRs is just relentless with notices almost on a weekly basis. I found Tax Group Center online and checked out their website so I gave them a call. From the first moment I talked to them I immediately felt a sense of security that things can only get better. Their team walked me through the process and they were always available to answer any questions I had along the way. It took a bit patience on my end but months after my first call everything is resolved and behind me now. Without sharing details I am very satisfied with the results and can say this whole thing is behind us now. Definitely try these guys ,

Theron Holloway Gary, IN

I started using them in 2019 and I have to be honest they did a great job!!! Yes you have to do a lot of leg work but they need the information from you to get the job done right!!!! So yes I had to send a lot of information but it was well worth it!!!! I was working with Misha, she is probably glad to get rid of me because I asked a hell of a lot of questions and she answered them all!!!! She was great through this whole process and I have to give her 2 thumbs up!!!!!! I seen their commercial on TV and decided to give them a call, best decision I ever made!!!!!!

Mark L South Gate, CA

Lifesavers! Tax Group Center literally saved me life. I was falling apart . No job 3 kids and I thought we were heading to becoming homeless. The IRS was sending letter after letter. Thinking about losing my home and everything was causing sleepless nights. I searched the internet and found Tax Group Centers website. I took what turned out to be the greatest decision of my life. They did all my missing returns and knocked my debt down to something affordable. Kept my house , my family and restored my peace of mind and my out look on life and my family's future. These guys know what they are doing and I highly recommend you calling them.

Kevin B Los Angeles, CA

Had a great experience. Settled with the IRS for way less than I owed. Only good things to say about working with this company.

George Money Los Angeles, CA

Had a great experience working with this company. Saved me a lot of money . I highly recommend that you call them for any tax related issues you have.

William Gregory Newman Chicago, IL

Ladd V is awesome. He has went above and beyond, helping me and resolving my issues. It took some time , but he got it handled. Thank you.

8 months ago Edited September 12, 2022

Gregg R Canoga Park, CA

My situation was out of hand. Felt for many years helpless and defeated like I would never have a normal life again. I found Tax Group Center searching on line for someone to help , saw some really great reviews sounded like my exact situation so I called them. So glad I did . I did not even know the extent of my troubles. It took a day for them to investigate and know the whole situation. Then they provided me the strategy to get missing returns done so we could get me all caught up. That took a few weeks at the same time they started working on collecting financial documents so they could resolve my case one the returns were completed. Anyway they help my hand the whole way through. I am writing this about 10 months into the process so since everything is resolved and my results are far better than I ever could have dreamed I wanted to let people know how amazing this company is. They saved my life , I finally feel human again. I am happy to refer anyone I know to work with Tax Group Center that has Tax return and tax debt issues they will fix you!!

Paris Littlerock, CA

I feel so blessed because I found this Tax Group Center,, They saved me 100k and really I thought my life was over for good.. After college I really did not know how to balance my finances and found myself in a lot of trouble for not filing my taxes for 5 years. At the time , before covid , I was making pretty good money. I started receiving notices that I owed almost 100k and I freaked out. I searched online and out of desperation I called. They calmed me down and explained that since I didn't file the IRS filed returns for me with no deductions . They said if they do my unfiled returns to start they can reduce the debt and then resolve the balance. Well they walked me right through it and lord almighty guided me to them as and after the return and settlement they got me I only paid under $1000 . I am reborn, I am only leaving this message so if I can just help one person's life it was worth my time writing this. If you are in need of tax help call them asap...thank you Gorsin and Nancy for all your help!

Les Gurkin Los Angeles, CA

A CPA I used for over a decade ruined my life and family. I did not even know the extent of it until I hired Tax Group Center. Took over 9 months to finally straighten it all out. I owe it all to the good people at this company that helped me . If you need tax returns, and have tax debt , and need solutions get in touch with them. Life savers ?

Yazmin Rangel Los Angeles, CA

My experience with the Tax Group Center was beyond my expectations, they saved me over $25K greatly satisfied with my result. Misha was amazing at staying on top of my case and helping me with any paperwork needed and making the calls necessary to help make the settlement happen. It does take some time to get the settlements to happen, it took my case a little over a year so patience is a must, but do not be discouraged by the long wait, have your paperwork ready and keep your accounts as clear as possible. Thank you Misha and Tax Group Center!

6 months ago Edited November 17, 2022

Joe Illingworth Newton, IA

Tax Group Center has followed through and did what they're supposed to do.

3 months ago Edited February 10, 2023