Tax Group Center was started in 2008 and is available nationwide and in the Virgin Islands. Headquartered in Calabasas, California, the tax practice offers full tax debt relief services, uses a variety of negotiation methods and is available 24/7. Tax Group Center employes CTEC Certified Tax Consultants, enrolled agents, tax attorneys, and CPAs which allows them to offer a wide variety of quality tax services. Tax Group Center also offers some educational resources on its website.

#1 Tax Defense Network chevron_right
3.9
#2 Optima Tax Relief chevron_right
#3 Community Tax chevron_right

The Good

• Full Array of Services
  • Tax Solutions
  • Qualified Tax Professionals
  • Educational Resources and Availability

Full Array of Services

Tax Group Center offers an impressive selection of services, from wage garnishment removal to help with filing for an offer in compromise. The list of tax relief services offered by Tax Group Center is extensive, covering pretty much any need a customer might have in regard to tax issues. It makes it convenient for customers who may have multiple tax problems to be able to use one company for all of their issues. Some of these services include:

• Wage garnishment
  • Back tax help
  • Tax audit
  • Tax lien
  • Tax levy
  • Asset seizure
  • Bookkeeping
  • Tax return preparation and tax refund help

These additional services make Tax Group Center capable of assisting clients with any kind of unpaid tax situation. No matter you particular tax situation, the tax professionals at Tax Group Center are qualified to help.

Tax Solutions

Tax Group Center offers assistance with all the available solutions to resolve tax problems. Experience with all the tax debt resolution methods means that its clients will be well-advised and every available option will be evaluated.

The ways to resolve tax debt and remove penalties are below:

• Offer in compromise
  • Installment agreement
  • Currently not collectible
  • Penalty Abatement
  • Innocent spouse relief
  • IRS appeals

An offer in compromise (OIC) is a settlement negotiation to reduce and settle unpaid taxes.

An installment agreement sets up monthly payments to the government. These payment plans allow taxpayers to meet their tax obligations at an affordable pace.

Penalty abatement involves removing penalties like wage garnishments, levies, and liens. It requires the taxpayer to demonstrate financial hardship. Taxpayers who demonstrate financial hardship may also qualify to have their debt labeled as "currently not collectible." This label doesn't remove the tax debt, but can help taxpayers avoid additional penalties.

Innocent spouse relief offers penalty removal for people whose spouses or former spouses are solely responsible for the tax debt or errors that resulted in tax debt.

These solutions to tax problems help taxpayers work with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and state and local tax departments to find a way to meet their tax liability and pay off their debt.

Qualified Tax Professionals

Tax Group Center's team consists of CPAs, CTEC tax preparers, enrolled agents and tax attorneys. This range of tax professionals allows Tax Group Center to assist clients with diverse tax matters and needs.

The company's full-time employees understand that most people struggle with year-end tax planning and tax due dates. The range of tax professionals employed means that clients can receive a full range of tax services.

The experts at Tax Group Center are trained and certified to help you with your tax problems, even if you've missed past tax due dates. Having various educational backgrounds help clients receive higher quality services. The team at Tax Group Center will completely take over all communication with the IRS, federal and state tax agencies so the clients do not have to deal with complex legal jargon.

During a free consultation, Tax Group Center will determine if it can get the results the client needs and what programs would be best. Whether you need help with individual income tax issues or other business tax issues, Tax Group Center has the experts you need.

Educational Resources and Availability

Tax Group Center has several pages dedicated to helping the public educate. It offers tax forms, a tax glossary, a blog with interesting tax topics, an FAQ, and educational articles. These are nice features for people visiting Tax Group Center's website. Another great aspect of Tax Group Center is that it is available nationwide and open 24/7.

Tax Group Center also has a low minimum tax debt requirement of $5,000. Considering these factors, Tax Group Center's services are available for a broad range of customers.

The Bad

• No Refund Information
  • No Pricing Information Online
  • Newer Company

No Refund Information

Unfortunately, we were unable to obtain any specific information about a money back guarantee. This is not a good sign, as a great refund policy would be a selling point. Many competitors offer at least a few days or partial money back, we would like to see some kind of guarantee and some more transparency from information on its website.

No Pricing Information Online

Company representatives have revealed that the company's prices usually start at around $1,000. However, while the company provides information on its offered tax program services, Tax Group Center does not explain pricing information for each tax resolution service online. Instead, financial professionals only state the fees associated with each client's qualifying program by phone. We would like to see a price range on the website.

Newer Company

When looking into tax relief services, people may want a company that has been established in the industry for a long time. Tax Group Center only entered the industry in 2008. The website states that its team of tax professionals collectively has over 30 years of experience. While this is a substantial number, top leading companies in the industry often advertise much more extensive experience.

The Bottom Line

Tax Group Center provides customers with a good variety of services and dedication to customers with their 3-S System: Service, Solution, and Success. The company helps business owners and individuals with any type of tax issue (IRS or state taxes). It has a long list of accreditations which leads us to recommend taking advantage of a free consultation. Overall, we suggest taking a look at some of our top recommend tax companies to find out if they may be able to resolve your tax needs.

View Best Tax Relief Companies

2.0

Marc

November 8th, 2019 Rochester, NH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

L V is supposed to be helping with a refund after tax group failed me miserably and lied about the amount owed to the irs and now won't return my calls or call me back when they say worse experience I could have had now I'm dealing with irs itself. It's so much easier and just plain easier to talk to the it's and not be bullied on the phone and rushed into decisions without being told all the info

Sam Mongeau

October 24th, 2019 Simi Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thanks to Ladd V the issues previously posted have been resolved to my satisfaction

Odday1

August 12th, 2019 Torrance, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They tried many ways to settle my debt to IRS non of it worked I feel like I wasted my money I tried to tell Tax group what I wanted to do . But never had a chance they Insisted their way and never work So I got stuck with the higher bill instead how to pay extra 1,300.00 hard to Tax Group and 3,800 to the IRS money down the drain

William Henley jr

July 14th, 2019 Joelton, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Okay so i talked to this ppl about getting my taxes resolved and at first it sounded amazing and they could have everything done within a few months but that's not what happened they said 4300$ and I would but good so I pay so much and made a few payments and it was good but no filed my taxes and the IRS kept my return so I call to see what was up and they say some paperwork didnt get returned and dropped my case I was like really when was yall going to tell me this tex group so they open it back up I get them the paperwork they need every is done I thought but no the nightmare continues a lady name Jennifer calls and Extremely rude in hangs up on me but tells me they need 6 thousand more dollars so to finish my file tell me if I didnt like that to find someone else outside them to finish my taxes so I feel as if this company is full of hidden charges and have got me for not only my 4300$ & a tax refund but took money from someone who really didnt have it to lose and at this point I feel the IRS would have been easier to deal with and as a chronic cancer patient the IRS can just keep my refunds from here out

Anna LeBlanc

July 1st, 2019 Fayetteville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tax Group Center was contacted in August 2018 to help me resolve a tax problem. I signed their contract and paid them $3500. They did nothing and admitted to that and apologized. I asked them for a refund. They asked that I sign a release with a Non-Disparagement clause and they refused to remove this clause. They also lied to me when they told me that one of their employees was my attorney. After speaking with that employee I found that he was a customer service rep and not an attorney. They have breached the contract I had with them. They misrepresented the services I would receive and basically acted fraudulently in their dealings with me. I would not recommend this company to anyone. My only income is social security and I cannot afford to throw away $3500.00

DT

February 9th, 2019 Bend, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not hire this company they are a scam. We hired them to prepare my husbands taxes at first. Then they told him he owed way more than he actually did to get extended services. Signed tons of papers and had to pay to fax them right away. Over 8,000.00 dollars later and 8 months later my husband ended up with a garnishment from State and IRS sending letters that they are going to send him to collections. We have kept good contact with the company all through the 8 months faxed notices from both state and IRS they did nothing. We called IRS and Oregon and was told tax group center had NO contact with them. Now we are paying all the taxes ourself which found out only equaled over 9,000. Not 34,000 BE AWARE. Been trying to get a refund for the last 4 months still not getting any where they want to keep 80% of the money because they prepared the taxes . Please do your research better off going straight to the IRS yourself they are willing to walk you through to do a offer in compermise.

Adam Bahri

February 5th, 2019 Livermore, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Your case will drag on and on. They wont deliver any results and will keep asking you for more money. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Look harder online and you see many more reviews detailing what I am telling you. These people will cheat you out of your money. Do your self a favor an hire a local tax attorney. I paid them close to $7,000.00 three years ago and still no results. I had to hire another local tax attorney and they were able to get things on the right track. The Tax Group Center cannot and will not deliver what they say. If I could leave a worse review I would.

JC

October 29th, 2018 Lake Stevens, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After a free consultation they indicated that they could get our tax debit from $34k down to $3k-$4k. After months of back and forth and filling out several packets of paperwork and TGC requesting more money (they didn't get it) we received the IRS resolution paperwork.... They got the taxes reduced by $3200.. That's right we paid them more than what they got reduced. They set up a payment plan without confirming with us and did not send any paperwork to indicated what is truly owed to the IRS. I would never recommend these people to ANYBODY! As many others have said it is fraud!

CGUINN

October 22nd, 2018 North Falmouth, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is a fraud my experience was similar to others poor commucation to none a complete payment was provided to the Tax group they did not ever send power of attorney to NYS as paid for and spoken of they should be stopped.

Thomas Colangelo

October 15th, 2018 Des Allemands, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would never use or recommend tax group to anyone they are frauds I have paid tax group center over 6000 dollars to help with my tax issues. They promised to have my tax owed down to pennies on the dollar and after I paid them in full they would not answer my calls messages or emails in the end they done nothing at all and I had to set up my own payment plan and handle it myself my advice is to hire a real company someone local to you that you can actually speak to in person and will not ignore you and take your money only to do nothing they are frauds and should be prosecuted for what the do to people I was a client and I learned the hard way people please stay away from tax group and there lies it's a scam

Brett Martin

September 24th, 2018 Waialua, HI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tax Group Center review

Under no circumstances should you hire TGC to work with the IRS for you. They tell you they can help, take your money, and then the work they do is shoddy. Poor communication. Laziness. Incompetence. I'll give you an example: I was having a hard time contacting the attorney that was assigned to me. I found out a month later FROM THE IRS that she had given up power of attorney! I contacted TGC and told them about it and they said that 'yes, she had left the company. But don't worry about it'. A week or so later, my bank accounts were levied and my wages garnished! I contacted the IRS agent assigned to my case and he said he did that because he hadn't heard anything from them or from me! The most important thing to do and the easiest, they couldn't get right. There's lots more. DO NOT use this company under any circumstances!

Neil Razdan

August 17th, 2018 Olney, MD

In 2016 I wanted to roll over an IRA account from Suntrust Bank to PNC Bank. With that intention, I went to Suntrust. They, instead of issuing a cashier's check in name of PNC Bank, issued it in my personal name, and later reported it as IRA distribution. Little that I knew, I took the check and within half hour deposited in PNC Bank, asking the associate to roll it into another Money Market IRA. The associate, instead of Money Market IRA, deposited the check into a regular Money Market account. A month ago, I received letter from IRS, saying that I owed over $11000 in back taxes. In a panic mode, I contacted Tax Group Center for help. The person who talked to me identified himself as Dean. He told me that their fee will be $3250, and will be charged after I signed Power of Attorney and other papers, and sent back to them. Then he asked, how I was going to make the payment, by Credit Card, Debit Card, or Account. I gave him my Debit Card number. That evening, for some reason, I was checking my bank account, and found that DEAN had already withdrawn $3250 from my account. I had not received the papers that he said I will have to sign and send back, after which he will charge my debit card. I immediately tried to contact DEAN, but the people at their switchboard, would not let me pass to Dean. Finally, he called me back on following Monday. I questioned as to why he withdrew money from my account, without and contract signed, or any paperwork signed. And I asked him to return my money, since I am not going to hire their services. He said that he will send me a check back. It has been over a month, I haven't seen the check in mail. No money has been returned back to me. He does not pickup the phones. This company is a scam! They should be investigated and criminally charged !

Jerome Parker

November 13th, 2017 Agoura Hills, CA

Called most of the companies on the list but was infuriated with the way these people spoke to me. I thought they were gunna help not try to scare me ....

Phyllis Ariss

September 27th, 2017

These guys are all around horrible I am surprised they have not been shut down. Not only did they take my $1500 but tried to charged me another 1500 on top. Jee wiz!!

Success ladder

July 20th, 2017 Milwaukee, WI

These guys did the unexpected and got rid of my irs debt. I still cant believe it to this day. Please take my word for it and get relief now!

Shawn K Johnson

July 19th, 2017

Tax Group Center, helped my husband and I out and saved us Thousands ! They worked out a payment plan, and they were all so very professional, we had constant communication and they truly have an exceptional tax program to help people out with the IRS. We were struggling doing it on our own and we were getting nowhere. Without them, we would have been pulling our hair out ,and not receive that results they got for us; for the first time in many years we are tax free. I highly recommend them for any tax issues.

James

July 16th, 2017

After being taken advantage in the past with my taxes, i was a bit nervous. However, I would recommend Tax Group Center to anyone! I am truly grateful for what they have provided me!

Harry

July 3rd, 2017

DO NOT use this company. After 2 years no result .irs want to take the clothes of our back..please be very careful...

Kim

June 29th, 2017

I owed almost 9,000. To the IRS. I did not file my 2008 or 2009 because i moved out of state and couldnt get my taxes done on time. So in 2010 i did all 3. Or 2011 really. Tax Group got it lowered to $974. I paid them like 1700. Over a period of time. Cheaper than any other i could find and most companys wont touch it if its not over 10,000. Owed. They would for more than 5000.. Owed. I had to pay my taxes on time for 5 yrs. Part of our deal. They went back 10yrs on my taxes for just in case. Im getting this notice because i completed our deal. I will never do that again. But i will for sure refer them to anyone who needs it. Best thing ive ever done. Well worth it!! Thanks to Tax Group!!! Or id really be in trouble with the IRS. Just fyi. A couple yrs ago i got a letter stating i owed almost 4000. For my 2010 taxes. I called up Benjamin Steele at Tax Group. He dealt with the IRS. I didnt owe anything because 10yrs was included in our contract. So another Thanks to Tax Group. Once again they saved me. Dealing with the IRS is not something to just put off. Its impossible. 5 yrs seems like forever. But this was cheaper, easier they did the work. So my 5 yrs was easy. My contract with Tax Group is completed in full. They did their part and i did mine. Contract fulfilled in its entirety ✔. Finally i can rest easy. Very very satisfied customer. And if anything comes up from my 2001 to 2010 taxes. Its still under warranty!!!

Isabelle T

June 28th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA

I've owed to the IRS and it seemed like my balance kept getting higher and higher. Once I hired TGC, they jumped on my case and were able to help me by lowering my debt and i am forever grateful to the team at TGC that helped me get relief from all the stress of owing to the IRS. I couldn't be happier. Thank you so much TGC!

NaT

June 16th, 2017

This is neither a positive review/ a negative review /I was recommended this company from my aunt. Overall there is a lack of communication on their part. They charge outrages fees for other services they provide. I have read the complaints from the BBB on this company. The newest ones are from last month. Even though I and my son had signed the fee agreement. I am paying this company off and I will not be recommending this company to anyone. I had used this company for help with my sons IRS situation. Now I wish I hadn't .

Linda Woods

April 27th, 2017

This is the MOST unpleasant company to deal with I have ever encountered. Their salespeople who sell you their package are super nice, compassionate but persistent to get the cash out of you. Then, you are assigned a lead atty and usually a helper. These people rarely return emails or phone calls. You just never know what is going on until they need something. They never give you any progress reports. I hired them in 2014 to try and get an OIC, and it has taken all this time into 2017, to get to the point we are at now. I couldnt meet the "get current" on my taxes aspect of the IRS requirements, so the OIC was returned. They did get me into "uncollectable" status, but now just called to tell me if I pay another $1500 and complete a new set of OIC documents, they will include my 2016 taxes due into the new OIC. However, they have been SO awful to me and taken SO LONG to get to this point, I don't want to deal with them at all. The owner(?) Jennifer S is unbelievably rude, hostile, aggressive and an angry hothead. Every time I had to talk to her, I am rattled and near tears. They are horrible.

Stanley Zellar

January 29th, 2017

DO NOT use this company. They feed you a bunch of promises and charge you a lot of money. There is huge pressure from there sales department to keep them on. It has been over 1 year, $35,000, and NO help with taxes as they promised. They even went into our checking account without permission and took money. Beware! Do not deal with this company. They do not tell the truth, and cost us more penalties and interest. Buyer beware! We just settled our own case without them.

Donna Foster

September 20th, 2016 Bronx, NY

This group of supposedly professionals have the rudest people dealing with the public. Once you pay the fees they ask for then they drag their feet and tell you they are awaiting documents that you would have submitted 2 or 3 times before. They then request more money to do what they have already been paid to do. I have already paid twice for the same job and then this rude woman is going to tell me I need to pay again as my case has been suspended for 2 months.

darrell mason

April 6th, 2016 East Orange, NJ

They are the worst people known to man.. they took me for 1200 dollars i fell like cramp then have the nerve to call an say they need 1000.00 because my offer didnt go thru. They are a bunch of crooks dont trust them.