StopIRSDebt.com

5.7

LAST UPDATED: August 11th, 2022

StopIRSDebt.com specializes in tax issues (appealing tax liens, tax levies, wage garnishment, etc.) and has helped thousands of people find relief from their tax debt. With the Stop IRS Debt program, taxpayers can expect to receive relief from the IRS and state tax officials.

It has a $5,000 minimum tax debt requirement.

Stop IRS Debt can also offer protection when the IRS is coming after wages and savings accounts. The company offers a wide range of tax debt services from the setting up of a payment plan to appealing for an Offer in Compromise (OIC).

Fees differ based on each client's IRS problems, but the average price for tax relief services is between $1,500 and $2,500. Potential customers must call for a quote on their specific tax debt needs. StopIRSDebt.com was founded in 2001 with the goal to help relieve tax debt.

View StopIRSDebt.com Reviews

The Good

• Tax Professionals
  • Tax Services
  • Availability
  • Minimum Debt Requirement

Tax Professionals

The team at Stop IRS Debt consists of tax relief attorneys, Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), enrolled agents, and tax investigators. It offers individualized tax services to offer optimal care to each customer's tax situation. When clients sign up, they have the option to give the company power of attorney, allowing the professionals at Stop IRS Debt to correspond with the IRS on the client's behalf.

As a result, the taxpayer will no longer receive phone calls or mail from the IRS. Rather, phone calls and mail will be sent to Stop IRS Debt's team, enabling them to have more information about the case and allowing them to respond faster.

Too many people are pushed to the brink of bankruptcy for no reason other than the fact that they didn't know tax laws better. Most people don't understand the appeals process, let alone how to submit an effective appeal. A tax professional with tax law expertise will not only help overburdened customers relieve the stress of fighting the Internal Revenue Service, but will also help protect the taxpayer's bank account and ensure their financial welfare.

With a dedicated tax attorney or enrolled agent, you are not only more informed, you are protected should the IRS come around with a hefty bank levy (which freezes a debtor's bank account) and from overwhelming IRS tax debt. The ensuing penalties from an IRS audit can result in complete financial destitution. If you owe the IRS more than you can pay in your current financial situation, a tax relief company is helpful. Your tax relief company must have certified tax professionals.

Tax Services

Those who are in danger of IRS levies, liens, and high taxes can approach tax relief companies like Stop IRS Debt with certain expectations, like appeals services for any tax levy (asset seizure, bank levy, IRS wage garnishments, etc.) or lien.

A good tax relief company will be able to help the taxpayer arrange an installment agreement with the IRS if they owe back taxes. An installment agreement allows the taxpayer to pay off back taxes and IRS debt with a monthly payment plan. A payment plan will allow customers to pay off debt at a manageable pace over the course of several months that they can afford to pay.

Every tax relief company should offer basic tax services, like an offer in compromise or an installment agreement. When making an offer in compromise, the tax relief company will negotiate with the IRS on a settlement amount. This reduced debt is easier for taxpayers to pay.

The most common ways to resolve tax debt is through an offer in compromise and an installment agreement. The qualification requirements for penalty abatement are very strict. Penalty abatement is difficult to achieve. If you need penalty abatement, it's a good idea to have a tax expert on your side.

Stop IRS Debt goes the extra mile with its tax services, allowing them to meet a wide array of individual needs.

The company has highly trained tax professionals who understand the laws behind taxes, the IRS, and IRS audits, allowing them to submit a convincing Offer in Compromise (OIC) should you qualify for one. The diversity of its services also allows Stop IRS Debt to help clients who have multiple tax debt concerns. Its services include the following:

• Tax relief
  • Tax return filing
  • End wage garnishment
  • Bank levy removal
  • IRS payment plans
  • IRS tax lien/Federal tax lien lift
  • IRS bank levy/Federal tax levy lift
  • State and Federal IRS tax debt
  • Offshore banking
  • Innocent spouse relief
  • Offer in Compromise
  • Installment Agreement

The full range of debt relief services allows the company to help with all kinds of tax problems.

For each of the tax relief solutions, individuals must demonstrate financial hardship that affects their paying the debt in full.

Availability

Stop IRS Debt is available to customers nationwide. Those suffering under the burden of unpaid taxes can benefit from Stop IRS Debt's nationwide tax service availability through installment agreements, advice against bankruptcy, help with filing your tax return and other services.

Minimum Debt Requirement

This company has a minimum debt requirement of $5,000 in taxes. This is lower than the industry average of $7,500-$10,000 in taxes, making its relief services available to more customers. If you have a high tax liability, you may even qualify for an Offer in Compromise or appeal certain taxes.

StopIRSDebt also has experience with much higher amounts of debt. So, potential clients seeking debt relief for significant tax debt can find excellent service from StopIRSDebt.

The Bad

Limited Money-Back Guarantee

Guarantees vary on a case-by-case basis. It is best for customers to talk to a representative to see if they qualify. Since the customers are seeking financial relief it's common to see negative customer reviews that complain about this very topic. A money-back guarantee is one of the most rewarding parts about using a tax relief company.

The Bottom Line

StopIRSDebt.com offers extensive services protecting customers from the threat of bankruptcy, removing a federal tax lien, negotiating an installment agreement, drafting OICs, and even tax preparation. It also has a great team of professionals (tax attorneys, enrolled agents, and CPAs) to help assist in the taxpayer's cases and resolve IRS tax problems.

Stop IRS Debt is available in all 50 states, which is convenient for potential customers. Interested consumers will need to speak directly with the company to see if they qualify for a money-back guarantee. The tax resolution firm has a $5,000 minimum debt requirement, which is low for the industry.

If you are dealing with IRS collection, an IRS wage garnishment, or owe back taxes, Stop IRS Debt offers good relief services. At this time we recommend taking advantage of the free consultation to see if this company fits your tax debt needs.

View Best Tax Relief Companies

3.9

Mario Martin Houston, TX

My oldest son after college had enlisted my help with his tax concerns and/or inconveniences. My associates had recommended StopIRSDebt.com. Immediately after contact with StopIRSDebt.com professionals, the tax experts began the process of designing a program that allowed my son to settle his back IRS taxes for less than the actual amount owed. My son was experiencing overwhelming financial hardship, so StopIRSDebt.com experts helped us to design a plan that included wage garnishment, bank levy release and any other necessary documents to prepare for submitting to the IRS. Impressively StopIRSDebt .com offered expert tax advice and debt relief service to prepare our documentation and negotiation with the IRS on my son's behalf with the assurance of accurate documentation.

Mickey C. Little Rock, AR

The Guy below sounds like he does not believe in taxes, and as much as I dont like to pay them, I reckon we all have to pay something? I never had Stop IRS tell me that I could get away with just not paying, just that they would help me pay less that the crazy tax bill I got in the mail. but I can say that They did help me out and iIt all went pretty smooth. Not a whole lot to it. I mean they gave me homework as I called it. Had to get them papers here and there, everything else they did and I was not bothered too much which I liked. My garnishment was lifted the next day after I paid them and they ended up with my settlement being done in about 6 months. I wish it was faster but it wasnt their fault, just how this goverment is... slow.

Anonymous Montgomery, AL

I have been with StopIRSDebt.com for one month and so far my experience has been positive. They are real responsive to any questions or concerns that I may have.

Reply from StopIRSDebt.com

Thank you for the positive feedback. We hope to exceed all expectations you have and keep up the great communication. Have a nice day!

Feb. 7th, 2019

David Diaz

Dealing with the IRS has been a nightmare for me the last 6 years. I finally buckled down and hired this firm to help me, since I did not seem to get anywhere. It took us about 9 months (sounds like forever but compared to 6 years it isn't bad really) and I can finally say my tax debt is behind me. They made me feel comfortable and continuously supported me throughout the case. I truly feel the piece of mind and professional handling was well worth the dollar spent. Thank you for saving my money and my sanity.

Reply from StopIRSDebt.com

After six years of you dealing with the IRS, we were so happy to step in! It's a great feeling, putting your tax debt behind you. We're always here for you, David!

Shelly P. Phoenix, AZ

I owe a lot of money and was terrified I would lose everything. I mean I know I owed the debt but did not want to clean out my savings and 401K or lose any of my properties. Luckily I spoke to Beth an she understood my concerns. SHe put me in touch with my Case Manager Ava and we hit the ground running. Because of this company, I still have my retirement, properties and can peacefully pay the IRS a fair amount. It feels like things really got done on my terms.

Reply from StopIRSDebt.com

Getting things done on your terms is so important to us, Shelly, and we're thankful we could help out. Keeping you in the clear as we sort through things with the IRS is our first priority!

Charles F. Las Vegas, NV

Of all the places I have used to help me with my taxes Stopirs is the best! I hired another company out of Texas and they did nothing. I am not sure why I even tried to do this whole darn thing again but I did. I was very nervous but they were good. They gave me papers when I asked. My Taxes for this year were done right away after I gave them the stuff. The gal in the office called me a lot to remind me about stuff they needed. good stuff all around.

justin peery

This is a customer that had left a bad review over a bad experience w one of the employees at stopirs .com... even thou i have heard nothing on the discipline to the individual....patrick has been wonderful thus far at this piont i regret the last review....they have been more than on top of things i will keep you guys posted throughout the process .....thx justin

Sammy Phoenix, AZ

They did a good job. I cant complain. I had an ugly audit and the IRS said I owed like $60,000. THey would not allow my truck expenses or my office stuff I claimed. There was other things too. I hired Stop IRS and they fought my audit. I had some records but not all. The Case Manager Jade was good and helping me find things and coming up with ideas for the stuff I needed. It took a while but I sure did not have to pay $60,000! so that was good.

Angel Macias Henderson, NV

Stop the IRS people were very good. I keep my home and they make all the taxes for me. I had person who speak spanish and it help since my wife do not speak any ingles. I now owe no more monies and got a check form them. Gracias Beatriz.

Timmy E

Hired em to fix my garnisheers and leevys. They got it released like they said they would which made me happy. I think it took bout 2 days. Right now We are working on a compromise and I'm already in a hardship. If I end up with the hardship I'm standing real good, but hey, I will take that compromise too.

Larry

They are very efficient and they have the ability to do the things that I don't have the ability to do.

Reply from StopIRSDebt.com

Thank you for the great review Larry!

Feb. 22nd, 2019

John Hoselton ,

So far it’s been great. Give a little info and they let you know right away if they can help you and the ball is rolling instantly. Had forms e mailed to me and signed and back within ten mins.

Mary Barringer Memphis, TN

I felt that I was well taken care of, and that my decision to use StopIRSDebt.com was a confident one. I am sure that at the end of this journey with them that I will not have any regrets.

Reply from StopIRSDebt.com

Mary, thank you for the positive review. We are glad you have been well taken care of.

Chris Baez South Bend, IN

Hired them to handle my case. Went pretty smooth. I dealt with christina and Nicole. Both ladies were a pleasure and helped me work this whole thing out. I got a hardship and could not be happier with it. Thanks everyone.

Jimmy Honolulu, HI

Length of time and how much they care.They tell you everything what is going to happen.

Reply from StopIRSDebt.com

Jimmy, thank you so much for the positive review. We definitely care about all of our clients and glad that you feel that way!

Apr. 8th, 2019

Kerry Settles Greenwood, SC

Great communication and effort on my behalf to get the best results possible as well as reasonible.

Reply from StopIRSDebt.com

Kerry we are so glad you ad a good experience with our office. We strive for communication and to get you the best resolution possible. We appreciate your feedback.

Feb. 7th, 2019

Lisa s Carnation, WA

Was unhappy with lack of service but now this review was added the company has contacted us and our case is starting to get some action. Really pleased with service.

Anna Dublin, OH

BEST TEAM EVER! The people assigned to my case were all so professional and they got me RESULTS. Really went above and beyond for me and I am forever grateful!

Dan D Saint Paul, MN

Their prices were the best of the folks I called. Seems to be working out. No more garnishment. so I think they are good.

Reply from StopIRSDebt.com

No more garnishment is exactly what we want to hear! We're appreciative that you gave us a shot, and we're happy we could do it at a price point you were comfortable with.

Timothy Burnham Center Point, LA

Very responsive and helpful. Inexpensive as well.

Reply from StopIRSDebt.com

Thank you Timothy! We believe in communication and transparency. We are here to help.

Apr. 16th, 2019

Thelma Vance

Performed well and produced good results.

Reply from StopIRSDebt.com

Thank you so much Thelma! Our goal is to get you the best results possible.

Feb. 22nd, 2019

W d greene Boone, NC

Very happy with stop irs. It took almost a year dealing with irs but was able to resolve tax situatuon

Reply from StopIRSDebt.com

After years of dealing with the IRS, we're happy we could help resolve everything with you. We wanted to take a few minutes today and thank you for sharing your experience with us!

james bolen

I was so happy to have found stop IRS debt.com now Im protected . They care

Reply from StopIRSDebt.com

Hi James yes we will protect you as hard as possible we work to resolve this issue for you!

Dec. 10th, 2018

Shirla Meaux Louisville, KY

Fast service. Very honest . Didn't make promises that couldn't be kept

Reply from StopIRSDebt.com

Hi Shirla thanks for the review, if you need anything we're a call away!

Dec. 10th, 2018