Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Netflix

Netflix Logo

Netflix

$9.99 Monthly Fees

Netflix was the leader in TV streaming service, largely replacing cable for many subscribers around the world. They offer a large selection of television shows and movies, with a library exceeding 20,000 feature items.  Netflix has many original series, providing even more content to their subscribers.

The Good

• Large viewing selection
  • Free trial
  • Affordable price

Large Library Selection

Netflix has over 3,600 movies and 800 TV series available for viewing for their subscribers.

Low Monthly Price

Netflix has managed to maintain relatively reasonable monthly prices, charging $9.99/month.  If users want to stream on more than two devices they can pay $11.99/month plan.

Unlimited Streaming/Multiple Users

Netflix users can access their entire range of shows with unlimited streaming and can have multiple users streaming at any given time.

30-day Free Trial

Netflix offers a free, month-long trial which allows potential subscribers full access to their services.

Customized Accounts and Controls

Subscribers can set up separate accounts for multiple viewers, including kids. This allows for parental controls to screen for inappropriate content.

Predictive Recommendation System

Netflix has an algorithm that recommends movies and TV shows related to content the user has previously watched.

Netflix has a large list of benefits to their service.  They blazed the trail for streaming TV, and have an amazing selection for their subscribers.  As a part of their robust library, there is a great selection of Netflix Original Series, such as "Orange is the New Black", and "House of Cards".

In addition, the monthly price for Netflix subscribers is extremely reasonable, at $9.99 per month. Potential customers have the ability to try Netflix's services free for 30 days before signing up.

The Bad

• Long wait periods
  • Content changes
  • Viewing quality

Fluid Streaming

Netflix adds and removes content from their library all of the time. That means a favorite movie or television show is not guaranteed to always be available to stream.

Viewing Quality

Netflix needs high internet speeds in order to function at its best.  Also, HD is available with Netflix's Standard and Premium packages, and Ultra HD is only available on Premium.

Long Waiting Periods

With some of your favorite shows that are currently on air, subscribers may have to wait months or even a whole year before a series is made available.

Netflix does have a ton of great features but they also have a few drawbacks to their services.  Mainly, subscribers have to wait to watch new seasons of popular tv shows. Also, movies and shows are frequently rotated, which means favorites will not always be available.  You may be watching a show one day and it won't be available the next.  Also, you have to pay more monthly for a higher viewing quality.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Netflix is generally more affordable than other providers, commercial free, plays in stunning HD, and offers a free trial period for potential subscribers to test out their services. In addition,  Netflix has several great original series, an excellent recommendation algorithm to help you find TV shows and movies that you'll love, and the capability to create different user accounts along with parental controls.  The main drawback is streaming quality and having to wait for new seasons of current hit TV shows.

Carilee Wilson
October 26th, 2017 Roy, UT DETAILS

Love the opportunity to watch what you are interested in and also the cost for being able to do so.

Hyrum
October 26th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

Great content. No commercials. I like that you can binge things and that their original content is released all at once. Only negative is that the things I like tend to migrate to another service. Wish they were the same quality they were before.

Breanna Jones
June 14th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Netflix is great. I have only had trouble streaming a couple times. I am happy with the tv selection on Netflix but I think the movie selection could be better. A lot of movies I want to watch are never on Netflix. I wish more movies could be added.

Doyal Stewart
June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Netflix has been a great alternative to cable. It is affordable, and gives endless hours of entertainment. They could do better with their western selection, but I really do enjoy a lot of the options they have.

Susan Stewart
June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I absolutely love Netflix and don't really know anyone who doesn't. It takes up so much of my time because they always have so many great movies and tv shows I love. I have found so many great shows I didn't even know about just browsing through Netflix. While it is a huge time waster, I just love it.

Lindsay H.
June 12th, 2017 Draper, UT

Netflix has a decent selection of TV shows, however their movie selection is slim, and it takes quite a while for them to add new release movies or television shows.

Kory Staheli
June 12th, 2017

Netflix is great. They have a wide variety of movies and television series available and they are adding more all the time. I also like that they have made it much easier to search for what you want than it used to be. That is a big improvement.

Julie Firkins
June 12th, 2017 Orem, UT

i have had netflix for several years, one of the things i love is i can watch it everywhere! i have the app on my phone and tablet so when im stuck waiting i can catch a fun show, the cost is reasonable the variety is great,

Erin St Pierre
June 9th, 2017

Life consuming fun. I love it. The only problem is I am so busy watching movies that I get absolutely nothing else done. Everyone should try Netflix.

Mark
June 9th, 2017

Since we don't have cable (ie: we don't want to pay for cable), Netflix is usually our source for movies and TV viewing. We appreciate the wide variety of genre, particularly children and family rated shows, and being able to filter by rating. One downside is having to wait for each year's series to be available for viewing.

Kyler Ashby
June 8th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

Netflix is one of my main sources of entertainment and I'm happy to say that Netflix always delivers. Though it may not be as "on-demand" as other providers, it's always expanding and updating its library of shows and movies. It's also helpful that the user interface is incredibly easy as well. Of all the streaming services I have used I can honestly say Netflix is by and large the best.

Alec Dover
June 6th, 2017

What a great product! Affordable, great variety and very entertaining!

Kathryn Andrus
June 6th, 2017

I have no complaints with the function of Netflix. I hope the prices don't increase anymore. I enjoy the variety of shows and movies. I enjoy Netflix originals.

Blake Brockbank
June 6th, 2017

Loved the shows but it would be nice to have a little more of the popular shows

Laura Marshall
June 6th, 2017

Netflix is a great streaming site. They have a variety of shows and movies that appeal to all demographics. The website is user friendly and I love that each person on an account can't create their own page with personal preferences. A Netflix subscription is affordable and it is easy to change account settings.

Christopher Haueter
June 6th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I really enjoy Netflix. The options for TV series are really good and there is always something to watch. The movie selection isn't great but it is getting much better. I like that you can download for when you are traveling but I don't like that it doesn't seem to give me that option on my surface pro 3 which is both a laptop and a tablet. I can download things from my phone though which I guess is alright.

Maile Curtis
June 6th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Netflix is great! There are a lot of good shows to watch... also, there are a lot of random shows. Netflix always works great for me. I wish they would have more shows that I'm familiar with.

Jessica C.
June 2nd, 2017 Apex, NC

We've had Netflix for quite awhile and we really like it. We definitely get our money's worth from the amount that our kids watch it. I don't even know why we bother having any hard copies of movies because they would rather watch the shows Netflix has. They also much prefer using Netflix over Amazon, although Amazon and Netflix seem to flip-flop with who has certain shows, so we'll occasionally use Amazon more when the show they're into changes to them. I wish that there was a way to get rid of certain shows that show up on the kids' profiles, as of now I just have to tell them which ones they can watch and which ones they can't (last I checked there wasn't a way to do this, maybe this has changed). I feel like a lot of the adult selection is just trash, but we've found some good stuff here and there (and maybe that is more Hollywood than Netflix?).

Michael Lyman
June 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Netflix's quality has gone down over the past few years in my opinion. I really enjoyed that when Netflix came out that I was able to order movies and stream them. I did not like when they removed that and increased their prices. Overall since them increasing the price I have slowly faded away from Netflix. I prefer other streaming options. And the last straw was when they removed Scrubs from their library. Some of the best T.V. out there and its no longer in their library.

Sheryl Wilson
June 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Netflix is affordable and has great entertainment for my grandchildren and the adults.

Jonny Hancock
June 2nd, 2017 Draper, UT

Netflix is affordable and has a great selection of shows. I really like the Netflix originals. Netflix puts entire seasons up at one time, which is great if you're into binge watching, but the biggest downside in my opinion is that you can't keep up with current shows as they come on with Netflix.

Chelsea Stewart
June 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I love Netflix! I love that they keep adding new options and switching out old ones. Some of their new specifically netflix series are great!

Nathan Cunningham
June 2nd, 2017 Orem, UT

For the price, it's tough to beat what Netflix provides. The only 'complaint' is that it sometimes takes a long time for Netflix to update series. But that's minor. I would like to see more show be added as well, but again, that's a small gripe for a killer service.

Aubrey Rentschler
June 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

We do not have a current television providers, so Netflix is our main viewing experience. I appreciate all of the kid-friendly content they provide. However, I do not like the continuous streaming to the next episode and would appreciate an option to turn that off.

Denise Huber
June 2nd, 2017 Mona, UT

Netflix has a fairly good selection of shows; we enjoy watching them together as a family.

Naevi Staheli
June 2nd, 2017

I love netflix! There is a lot of different shows and they're always adding new ones. The only bad thing is they sometimes removes shows.

Joshua Stewart
June 1st, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Netflix has been an awesome product. 9/10 because there are still other media options I would love to see there.

Savannah Flores
June 8th, 2017

I have enjoyed using Nextflix to catch up on old show series. It is easy to use. I have enjoyed the number of movies they have available. I would like to see some of the newer movies available to watch. For service it provides the price of Netflix is great.

Quen Wilson
June 1st, 2017 Ogden, UT

I love Netflix, it is very user-friendly and has allowed me to stay up to date with all of my favorite tv shows. My only complaint is how only a few people can be on the same account at once, so it sometimes limits my screen availability.

Kenneth Okerlund
June 1st, 2017 Orem, UT

I think that Netflix is very well priced for all that they give you, while I am upset that they have gotten rid of some of the shows I have absolutely loved watching, they are still bringing well worth what I am paying for their service. I am not a fan of their "recommended for you" section and don't think I have every watched anything from that listing.

Rachel Smith-Adams
July 28th, 2016 American Fork, UT

Price is just right, and they add new titles every month. It seems to just get better and better!

Smooth Move
February 25th, 2016 Ephrata, PA

Great, nothing else to say. I have had Netflix for 3 years now and it has been a great experience.

Aubrie Z.
March 24th, 2015 Riverton, UT

I really enjoy Netflix and its diversity. I also enjoy the ease of use and NO commercials!!! I also enjoy that entire tv series are on there and stay on there. I only wish that Netflix could air episodes as they air on tv, that way I don't have to wait for the whole season to come out. Also, I wish there were more selections of disney movies! I think it would be nice too if you could filter your preferences more, that way I don't have rated-R movies and tv shows popping up on my recommendations.

Kristen
August 6th, 2014 Pleasant Grove, UT

I spend more time surfing than actually watching. I feel that the content is not refreshed enough and 95% of the movies are old movies most people don't want to watch.

Nichole
June 13th, 2014 San Francisco, CA

Takes too long to update tv series. Honestly, tired of "recommendation because you watched", too many repeats. Update of library takes forever and a day it seems like. Need more selection of children movies.

Alma Flores
June 12th, 2014 Fresno, CA

I have been with netflix for a while. Please update your selection of movies. The movies you offer are so outdated. I have been getting better results by downloading movies online. I only keep Netflix because I didn't have Comcast. Now I do. But I would still like to keep your service IF you UPDATE YOUR MOVIE SELECTION. PLEASE!!!

Chase S.
April 28th, 2014 Pleasant Grove, UT

I've been a Netflix customer for over 2 years now. Great service and for $5 a month you really can't beat the price. My wife and I mostly use it for our Apple TV. My only complaint with Netflix is the movie selection, it's not the greatest. But the TV show selection is second to none.