Netflix

Netflix Logo

Netflix

Plans starting at $8.99

Netflix was the leader in TV streaming service, largely replacing cable for many subscribers around the world. They offer a large selection of television shows and movies, with a library exceeding 20,000 feature items.  Netflix has many original series, providing even more content to their subscribers.

The Good

• Large viewing selection
  • Free trial
  • Affordable price

Large Library Selection

Netflix has over 3,600 movies and 800 TV series available for viewing for their subscribers.

Low Monthly Price

Netflix has managed to maintain relatively reasonable monthly prices, charging $9.99/month.  If users want to stream on more than two devices they can pay $11.99/month plan.

Unlimited Streaming/Multiple Users

Netflix users can access their entire range of shows with unlimited streaming and can have multiple users streaming at any given time.

30-day Free Trial

Netflix offers a free, month-long trial which allows potential subscribers full access to their services.

Customized Accounts and Controls

Subscribers can set up separate accounts for multiple viewers, including kids. This allows for parental controls to screen for inappropriate content.

Predictive Recommendation System

Netflix has an algorithm that recommends movies and TV shows related to content the user has previously watched.

Netflix has a large list of benefits to their service.  They blazed the trail for streaming TV, and have an amazing selection for their subscribers.  As a part of their robust library, there is a great selection of Netflix Original Series, such as "Orange is the New Black", and "House of Cards".

In addition, the monthly price for Netflix subscribers is extremely reasonable, at $9.99 per month. Potential customers have the ability to try Netflix's services free for 30 days before signing up.

The Bad

• Long wait periods
  • Content changes
  • Viewing quality

Fluid Streaming

Netflix adds and removes content from their library all of the time. That means a favorite movie or television show is not guaranteed to always be available to stream.

Viewing Quality

Netflix needs high internet speeds in order to function at its best.  Also, HD is available with Netflix's Standard and Premium packages, and Ultra HD is only available on Premium.

Long Waiting Periods

With some of your favorite shows that are currently on air, subscribers may have to wait months or even a whole year before a series is made available.

Netflix does have a ton of great features but they also have a few drawbacks to their services.  Mainly, subscribers have to wait to watch new seasons of popular tv shows. Also, movies and shows are frequently rotated, which means favorites will not always be available.  You may be watching a show one day and it won't be available the next.  Also, you have to pay more monthly for a higher viewing quality.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Netflix is generally more affordable than other providers, commercial free, plays in stunning HD, and offers a free trial period for potential subscribers to test out their services. In addition,  Netflix has several great original series, an excellent recommendation algorithm to help you find TV shows and movies that you'll love, and the capability to create different user accounts along with parental controls.  The main drawback is streaming quality and having to wait for new seasons of current hit TV shows.

Danielle
November 29th, 2017 Syracuse, UT DETAILS

Netflix has been the best thing for my family. we love the variety it brings into our home. The price is so reasonable. You cant afford to NOT have Netflix.

Raquel
November 29th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

I love how Netflix gives you previews to what you are watching.

Alex Rogerson
November 29th, 2017 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

Best $10 I spend every month. We don't use cable TV anymore because Netflix offers so much. I love their original series as well! I wish I was given a heads up when the shows are more 'R' rated, but other than that, I love it.

Nicole Cardwell
November 22nd, 2017 West Jordan, UT

Netflix originals are what keeps me coming back. If Netflix had a reward system that would keep and attract more customers, that would also be great.

Paxon Fischer
November 20th, 2017 Herriman, UT DETAILS

Great original content at a good price. I don't know why I would ever do cable with service like this.

Richard Westover
November 13th, 2017 Fremont, CA DETAILS

I have found Netflix a good alternative to having TV / Cable service. We recently moved (5 months ago) and decide to see if we can live without it since it is so expensive. Using Netflix we have been able to watch some TV shows we enough, recent movie releases a long with some older movies we have enjoyed. We have been able to catch up some of TV shows we missed last year. We are just starting to look at some of the Netflix show to see if any match our taste in TV shows. We have NO issues with the service delivery or performance, which has been a pleasant surprise.

Luke Gibson
November 13th, 2017 Provo, UT DETAILS

I don't watch a wide range of shows, but for those I do, Netflix provides a wonderful service. Their site functionality is crisp and easy to use, the interface consistently keeps my most-watched shows easy to find, and the streaming is almost always high-quality. The price is excellent for the service, my only complaint is that sometimes shows are removed without any warning: if Netflix gave a couple weeks of warning, then we could finish them before we were suddenly cut off.

Nichole Davidson
November 13th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

No brainer. Great value for your money, wide selection, good genre breakdown and good original content. Doesn't everyone have Netflix? I only wish that Netflix had an option to watch a trailer so it would be easier to decide on what to watch. Service is inexpensive, but you can easily cancel service if needed.

Vanessa Call
November 9th, 2017 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I've been using Netflix for years, and overall am very happy with the product. I understand the need to increase prices periodically and to remove content for new content. My one complaint is that on the new Apple TV there is not an easy way to have a 'watch list' any longer. I constantly have to go search fro what I am looking for, vs going to my watch list and seeing what I would like to see. Otherwise, it's a great product at a great price!

Maranda J Hilton
November 9th, 2017 Bountiful, UT DETAILS

Love Netflix! They have tons of new content all the time, and it's very easy to access and use. Great service.

Sandi Westover
November 9th, 2017 Fremont, CA DETAILS

I've had Netflix for several years now. At first I really liked it but now it's just so-so. I mainly like to watch movies. Maybe for TV shows it's different. But their selection of movies doesn't change enough. When you log in and look at different categories in your account it seems to show the same list of movies under each category. They don't have enough new movies under new releases. I rarely use it anymore but I have a family account so I still have it. For about $13 a month we have 5 users. My kids living away from home are on my account. We use the same log in but then each person has their own sub-account. It's nice so each person can save their preferences. I think some of my kids use it more to watch TV shows. I wish they would add more recent movies.

Katelyn Empey
November 9th, 2017 Logan, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix and the options they offer. I wish there was availability of some shows that I have to stream straight from my cable which is unfortunate. But there is always something I can find to watch.

Sara
November 8th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Stranger Things and Gilmore Girls were/are fantastic. That's about it.

Kristen Westover
November 8th, 2017 Spanish Fork, UT DETAILS

Netflix is a great streaming program. I love that you can now download certain movies/shows to your device. I do wish there were a few more movies/TV shows available, but it is good.

Katelyn Petersen
November 8th, 2017 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS

I use Netflix on the daily! They always have great things to watch and have a huge selection!

Sandy Sutton
November 8th, 2017 Spanish Fork, UT DETAILS

Perfect family gift we gave to ourselves! Very easy to access and understand.

Rachel Fagan
November 7th, 2017 Provo, UT DETAILS

Netflix is great because there are no annoying advertisements or anything. You can watch anything you want an unlimited amount of times.

Hayley Lambdin
November 7th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

Netflix is my life. I love that you can add multiple people on accounts. I love that you can watch a whole series in a day. I love that they have Netflix original series. I love that there are no commercials.

Derek Heiner
November 6th, 2017 Centerville, UT DETAILS

Netflix has a lot of good show/movies on it but there are also a lot of really weird shows on there. I wish they had a lot more familiar content on there, or shows that I've heard of. Other than that I really like Netflix.

Brooke
November 6th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix. They always have great options to choose from. And Stanger Things!!!!!!

Dale Zollinger
November 6th, 2017 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

Love how easy thus service is. And how convenient it is.

Megan
November 6th, 2017 Coalville, UT DETAILS

I really like Netflix and it has become my main TV viewing option. I do feel like they have a lot of random things on it that I don't know if anyone watches which is annoying but outside of that, it's great!

Darrell
November 6th, 2017 Provo, UT DETAILS

Love their streaming service. For $10 a month, they offer just enough to keep me interested. Their movie selection is abysmal, but the TV shows and documentaries are enough to keep me subscribed.

Abbey Richards
November 6th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix. I watch it everyday. I wish they had a wider selection, but right now it really has all I need. I usually watch TV shows on it because their movie selection is not very large.

Alex Murphy
November 6th, 2017 Reno, NV DETAILS

Netflix has a great variety of shows and movies. It is the most convenient way to watch TV and is great for binge watching TV series. In the past, Netflix had much better movies, but it seems like they are moving away from popular movies.

ousawvh2
November 2nd, 2017 Leesburg, VA DETAILS

Netflix is great for watching TV series and older movies. My biggest complaint about Netflix is I wished they would negotiate an agreement to stream recently released movies instead of me having to visit a Redbox to get a DVD or Blueray.

Stephanie
November 1st, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Love the convenience of great shows on my phone. It helps the time go by fast on the cardio machines at the gym. I like their original shows, but wish they would have "TV rules" for profanity, nudity and sex, they don't and they take full advantage of it. Sad.

Lindsey Andersen
October 30th, 2017 Provo, UT DETAILS

Love being able to binge-watch my shows and enjoy some movies! I just wish they had more selection.

Michele Gledhill
October 30th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I really like Netflix. The buffering can get annoying sometimes. I also think the search could be more user friendly.

Steve
October 30th, 2017 DETAILS

Great company with progressive ideas, programs are on point, menu is easy compared to Hulu which is terrible. Original content is great.

Landon
October 27th, 2017 Centerville, UT DETAILS

Netflix is the best. I love the wide variety of shows it has and some of the originals are amazing. Just the fact that it has all seasons of The Office and New Girl make it worth it. Also being able to watch shows from my phone or computer is a life saver. Definitely worth the money.

Carilee Wilson
October 26th, 2017 Roy, UT DETAILS

Love the opportunity to watch what you are interested in and also the cost for being able to do so.

Hyrum
October 26th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

Great content. No commercials. I like that you can binge things and that their original content is released all at once. Only negative is that the things I like tend to migrate to another service. Wish they were the same quality they were before.

Breanna Jones
June 14th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Netflix is great. I have only had trouble streaming a couple times. I am happy with the tv selection on Netflix but I think the movie selection could be better. A lot of movies I want to watch are never on Netflix. I wish more movies could be added.

Susan Stewart
June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I absolutely love Netflix and don't really know anyone who doesn't. It takes up so much of my time because they always have so many great movies and tv shows I love. I have found so many great shows I didn't even know about just browsing through Netflix. While it is a huge time waster, I just love it.

Doyal Stewart
June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Netflix has been a great alternative to cable. It is affordable, and gives endless hours of entertainment. They could do better with their western selection, but I really do enjoy a lot of the options they have.

Julie Firkins
June 12th, 2017 Orem, UT

i have had netflix for several years, one of the things i love is i can watch it everywhere! i have the app on my phone and tablet so when im stuck waiting i can catch a fun show, the cost is reasonable the variety is great,

Kory Staheli
June 12th, 2017

Netflix is great. They have a wide variety of movies and television series available and they are adding more all the time. I also like that they have made it much easier to search for what you want than it used to be. That is a big improvement.

Lindsay H.
June 12th, 2017 Draper, UT

Netflix has a decent selection of TV shows, however their movie selection is slim, and it takes quite a while for them to add new release movies or television shows.

Mark
June 9th, 2017

Since we don't have cable (ie: we don't want to pay for cable), Netflix is usually our source for movies and TV viewing. We appreciate the wide variety of genre, particularly children and family rated shows, and being able to filter by rating. One downside is having to wait for each year's series to be available for viewing.

Erin St Pierre
June 9th, 2017

Life consuming fun. I love it. The only problem is I am so busy watching movies that I get absolutely nothing else done. Everyone should try Netflix.

Savannah Flores
June 8th, 2017

I have enjoyed using Nextflix to catch up on old show series. It is easy to use. I have enjoyed the number of movies they have available. I would like to see some of the newer movies available to watch. For service it provides the price of Netflix is great.

Kyler Ashby
June 8th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

Netflix is one of my main sources of entertainment and I'm happy to say that Netflix always delivers. Though it may not be as "on-demand" as other providers, it's always expanding and updating its library of shows and movies. It's also helpful that the user interface is incredibly easy as well. Of all the streaming services I have used I can honestly say Netflix is by and large the best.

Maile Curtis
June 6th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Netflix is great! There are a lot of good shows to watch... also, there are a lot of random shows. Netflix always works great for me. I wish they would have more shows that I'm familiar with.

Christopher Haueter
June 6th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I really enjoy Netflix. The options for TV series are really good and there is always something to watch. The movie selection isn't great but it is getting much better. I like that you can download for when you are traveling but I don't like that it doesn't seem to give me that option on my surface pro 3 which is both a laptop and a tablet. I can download things from my phone though which I guess is alright.

Laura Marshall
June 6th, 2017

Netflix is a great streaming site. They have a variety of shows and movies that appeal to all demographics. The website is user friendly and I love that each person on an account can't create their own page with personal preferences. A Netflix subscription is affordable and it is easy to change account settings.

Blake Brockbank
June 6th, 2017

Loved the shows but it would be nice to have a little more of the popular shows

Kathryn Andrus
June 6th, 2017

I have no complaints with the function of Netflix. I hope the prices don't increase anymore. I enjoy the variety of shows and movies. I enjoy Netflix originals.

Alec Dover
June 6th, 2017

What a great product! Affordable, great variety and very entertaining!

Denise Huber
June 2nd, 2017 Mona, UT

Netflix has a fairly good selection of shows; we enjoy watching them together as a family.