Netflix

Netflix Logo

Netflix

$9.99 Monthly Fees

Netflix was the leader in TV streaming service, largely replacing cable for many subscribers around the world. They offer a large selection of television shows and movies, with a library exceeding 20,000 feature items.  Netflix has many original series, providing even more content to their subscribers.

The Good

• Large viewing selection
  • Free trial
  • Affordable price

Large Library Selection

Netflix has over 3,600 movies and 800 TV series available for viewing for their subscribers.

Low Monthly Price

Netflix has managed to maintain relatively reasonable monthly prices, charging $9.99/month.  If users want to stream on more than two devices they can pay $11.99/month plan.

Unlimited Streaming/Multiple Users

Netflix users can access their entire range of shows with unlimited streaming and can have multiple users streaming at any given time.

30-day Free Trial

Netflix offers a free, month-long trial which allows potential subscribers full access to their services.

Customized Accounts and Controls

Subscribers can set up separate accounts for multiple viewers, including kids. This allows for parental controls to screen for inappropriate content.

Predictive Recommendation System

Netflix has an algorithm that recommends movies and TV shows related to content the user has previously watched.

Netflix has a large list of benefits to their service.  They blazed the trail for streaming TV, and have an amazing selection for their subscribers.  As a part of their robust library, there is a great selection of Netflix Original Series, such as "Orange is the New Black", and "House of Cards".

In addition, the monthly price for Netflix subscribers is extremely reasonable, at $9.99 per month. Potential customers have the ability to try Netflix's services free for 30 days before signing up.

The Bad

• Long wait periods
  • Content changes
  • Viewing quality

Fluid Streaming

Netflix adds and removes content from their library all of the time. That means a favorite movie or television show is not guaranteed to always be available to stream.

Viewing Quality

Netflix needs high internet speeds in order to function at its best.  Also, HD is available with Netflix's Standard and Premium packages, and Ultra HD is only available on Premium.

Long Waiting Periods

With some of your favorite shows that are currently on air, subscribers may have to wait months or even a whole year before a series is made available.

Netflix does have a ton of great features but they also have a few drawbacks to their services.  Mainly, subscribers have to wait to watch new seasons of popular tv shows. Also, movies and shows are frequently rotated, which means favorites will not always be available.  You may be watching a show one day and it won't be available the next.  Also, you have to pay more monthly for a higher viewing quality.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Netflix is generally more affordable than other providers, commercial free, plays in stunning HD, and offers a free trial period for potential subscribers to test out their services. In addition,  Netflix has several great original series, an excellent recommendation algorithm to help you find TV shows and movies that you'll love, and the capability to create different user accounts along with parental controls.  The main drawback is streaming quality and having to wait for new seasons of current hit TV shows.

Kaden
February 11th, 2019 Heber, UT DETAILS

Netflix has been great. I can watch great shows at a great price all from my phone and from my tv ! Also they haven’t taken the office off so that’s awesome

Elena
February 11th, 2019 Mapleton, UT DETAILS

I really really love Netflix because I can watch different shows and movies whenever I want. There is a good variety and I’ve discovered new things to watch and have had a great experience.

Teresa Fletcher
February 11th, 2019 Sandy, UT DETAILS

I enjoy Netflix because the monthly cost is reasonable and I get a lot for my money. It's very easy to access on all of my devices

Sophie
February 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Netflix provides a convent way to watch movies and tv shows. It allows you to binge watch entire shows without the hassle of commercials. They also provide some very good original content.

Mandi Smith
February 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT

Netflix is such a good place to watch all the shows and movies I want. It has so many varieties of movies and shows. It is family friendly. It is so entertaining and the movies are great to watch.

Charlene Mackay
February 11th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix. The selection is good, and I’ve found many gems on their. Binge watching a great new find is the best, and I’ve really enjoyed the Netflix originals that I’ve watched.

Tracey Hazel
February 11th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

There are certain shows that we love watching, but lately it’s been hard to find good movies to watch

Stephanie
February 11th, 2019 Santaquin, UT DETAILS

Love being able to watch shows without commercials. Love their originals but always sad when they remove my favorite bing worthy shows.

Teresa Corry
February 11th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

We use Netflix often, which is 4-5 times each week. We love the "Great British Baking Show" and the options for Kids shows and movies. We also like to binge watch a few of the series or seasons of shows such as: "Murdock Mysteries, "Midsummer Mysteries", and others.

JAKE
February 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Netflix is really great. We have used it for a really long time. My kids love being able to stream a ton of different types of movies and tv shows. I really like all the options for documentaries as well. They have a lot of good documentaries to help teach kids about different topics that you would miss with regular television.

Rachel Kenison
February 8th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix. They are always updating their content so I get new things to watch. Great movies and TV Shows!

Lacy elbaba
February 7th, 2019 DETAILS

We love netflix. Excellent bang for your buck. They have a lot of really good shows

Julia Cavalcanti
February 7th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Netflix has always been a great alternative to TV broadcasting. It is very reliable and always has so many options and caters to everyone, even providing movies of foreign languages. It is extremely affordable as well. Netflix is available on TVs, computers, and mobile devices. Primarily, I'll stream movies and TV shows on my mobile device and I've never experienced any glitches with the app. In addition to having TV shows from other companies, Netflix produced their own films and shows. The only concern I have with Netflix originals is that they rarely get a second season, and when they do it takes over two years to be released. Other than that minor issue, Netflix is a very good and reliable alternative to going to the movie theater or flipping through channels.

Camber
February 7th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Decent selection, good quality original content. I like having the kids mode but wish it were easier to customize, both on the adult and kid side.

Brody B
February 7th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I find myself watching Netflix more often than my much more expensive TV provider. By far the best streaming service I have ever had. Their content is awesome and the app is very easy to search and use. I love their original content. Get Netflix if you don't already have it!

Zack
February 7th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Netflix always keeps me up to date with the latest shows and movies that I don't wanna go to the theater for. I always enjoy the old movies they have on there as well.

David M Rose
February 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Great shows and movies that keep me entertained. I like the variety of show offerings especially the series. I always find something interesting to watch.

Erikka N
February 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

My kids love netflix. It's really fun to be able to watch many different types of TV show without having to pay for a subscription for each series. Sometimes I do feel like there is a ton of options and not a lot that I actually want to watch though. It varies though since they are constantly adding and dropping titles. I do not like the parental control features. It is way to easy for kids to be able to switch onto or add a new profile that could have very inappropriate content. I will not let them have netflix on their ipad for that reason. They need to make the parental controls more secure for older kids who know how to navigate their way around netflix.

Rochelle Thompson
February 6th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix!! I love the cost. So much for so little money. I also love the parental controls. Great service!!

Mackenzie Taylor
February 6th, 2019 Portland, OR DETAILS

Love Netflix. So many options and great selection. Long time customer and plan to continue being one.

Miguel Figueroa
February 6th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I’ve been using Netflix for years now, from back in the day when they used to mail movies as their primary servicte. A lot of things have changed since then, and I can say that it’s been for the best. Their different plans are perfectly priced and the content is modern and relevant, not to mention that a lot of the Netflix originals have become instant favorites for me.

Amber McEntire
February 6th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

We love Netflix and many of their original kid shows such as super monsters. We are disappointed with their adult shows as they are all over the top inappropriate and rated m. Wish they had more that were more family friendly without being kid shows, but the service is great and streaming is smooth

CRISTINA DAVIS
February 6th, 2019 Midvale, UT DETAILS

LOVE LOVE LOVE Netflix!!! So many great shows, too little time in the day to watch them all!

Madison
February 6th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Love!!! So many options to watch and saves me money when it comes to renting at the redbox!! Never had any service or billing problems.

Denna Collier
February 6th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Like the price, but it is hard to navigate. Up loading of programs is slow and I have to repeat at times

Tim Berrett
February 5th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We have had Netflix service for streaming for several years now. We really like many of the original content shows, series and movies. It seems like the content is refreshed often which helps us find new things to watch across many different genres. Sometimes it feels like their recommendations gets too specific and doesn't offer as many suggestions across genres, but overall we are very happy withe the service. It is great from our youngest children, our teenagers and us adults.

Cici Paskett
February 5th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

It’s a great place to binge watch your favorite past tv shows, but it’s also the home of all bad movies. It’s not for those wanting to keep up with current releases, but I enjoy the classics more.

Lucas
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

You’ve just gotten better and better. I love their original content but wish it wasn’t all rated MA. A little more 14 content wouldn’t broaden our family watching experience.

August Moulton
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Netflix is my absolute favorite streaming service. The new and original content they put out is in point. I’ve been so impressed by the A-list actors they’ve been able to recruit. I enjoy the tv shows and appreciate back seasons being made available. We’ve never had trouble with our service or billing.

Jessica
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Love having Netflix and being able to watch the tv shows we love and love the Netflix original shows that are available

Lauren Jorgensen
February 5th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Netflix is AMAZING! its the only way to watch TV nowadays. I have had a Netflix account for years now. I love that the shows are always changing and I enjoy the originals as well.

Cody mills
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

We have had Netflix for a few years hardly ever had any problems with streaming just wish they had a little more variety at times but overall happy.

Stacy
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Love Netflix!!! Use it daily for the kids and myself. There’s a lot of selection and great price!

Alicia
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix but I hate when they take a show off that’s been there forever and that I love.

Greg Christensen
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix. It has something for everyone. They constantly update their content, have quality content, and the system almost always seems to be working. I’ve never had to postpone my watching because the service is down. That is great considering the fact they the service is available on so many different platforms that are always changing.

Keri Christensen
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I have really enjoyed netflix. There is something for everyone in our entire family. Recently I have really enjoyed the netflix originals that they have been producing. Both the tv shows and the movies. Great product for a great value. The only complaint I would have is that sometimes we sometimes have a difficult time connecting and streaming.

Oakley Rockwood
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix!! I love being able to watch great shoes on demand. They have good shows for kids and adults. The only thing I wish they would change is adding a few more popular shows on.

Lindsey B
February 5th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

We love Netflix! Great service especially for the price. We have really enjoyed their original content which makes it nice to see something different. We have never had any problems at all when it comes to customer service or product. I would highly recommend Netflix to anyone! Great experience!

FABIO CAVALCANTI
February 5th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I am a Netflix customer for several years. Although the service (image, reliability) is good, it is hard for me to find movies that I would like to watch.. I wish they provided more movie options. The only reason I still keep it today is that my daughter love several TV shows that offered there.. Rarely I like a movie that was done by Netflix. So they can improve on more movie options.

Chelsea Horrocks
February 5th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Favorite streaming service! I love having accounts for my husband, myself, and my kids so we all get to pick up right where we left off with our favorite binge worthy shows.

Kathy Jo Jorgensen
February 4th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I absolutely love netflix. I love that they are always adding new movies and shows. It is easy to pay the bill online. I love how quickly it streams.

Micah Bradshaw
February 4th, 2019 Salem, UT DETAILS

Netflix is a great way to stream tv shows and movies at your convenience. Great value for the number of options you have to watch.

Jason Brown
February 4th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I believe Netflix's original series are of better quality than their competition, Hulu and Amazon Prime. Outside of their original series, however, the selection is lacking.

Bekah
February 4th, 2019 Eagle Mountain, UT

I really enjoy Netflix. It has a lot of good shows, and it is really entertaining.

Brittney Miskin
February 4th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

Love Netflix. Great balue for the money, great viewing options, always adding new content. I always have something to watch. Love that there is no viewing limitations.

Hadley heaps
February 4th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love Netflix a lot. I watch movies and tv shows on it all the time. the only reason I'm giving a 4 on this is because I wish they had more popular movies and shows.

Valarie Heaps
February 4th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I LOVE Netflix. The only reason I am not giving 5 stars is because I really wish that they would change a few things. I wish that when you have the choice of choosing which log in that you would have to put in a pin so that the kids when logging in wouldn't be able to access the adults logins. I know that the pin is required to access the movies but some of the titles and pictures are not appropriate for children. Other than that....We love the convenience of Netflix.

Malinda
February 4th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love all of the movies and shows I can watch! I especially love the app because then I can watch on my phone as well! 😁

Marie
February 4th, 2019 Heber, UT DETAILS

We like nextflix for the most part, wish there were more family friendly shows for our family.

faith
February 4th, 2019 Camano, WA DETAILS

Netfilx has an amazing family plan that is very affordable and easy to plan. You get all the shows you want, and can have a child block for younger kids. 10/10 you recommended!