Sunnova

8.2

Rachael Capitol Heights, MD

Sunnova is a very reliable company, they did neat and perfect job throughout the process of the installation of my solar system.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you, Rachael! we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family. We appreciate the positive feedback.

Oct. 9th, 2018

Joseph G Fermaint Staten Island, NY

Great customer service . Whenever there is a problem or question I'm always able to get through speak to representative and get my problem solved

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you Joseph, we aim to provide a great customer service. We appreciate your positive feedback!

Sep. 18th, 2018

maria garcia-Roque

Installed 3 years now. Nada,nothing,zilch. The worse. Do not reccomend. Now selling my home giving me problems to take off. Had to get a lawyer. They lied from the beginning. Went through that horrible hurricane maria. No lights. What's the sense of having solar,then? I want these things off. Impeding the sale of my home. Never got to use,because they installed and never turned us on. Always some excuse. Now we want them off and they say they're obsolete.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Maria, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Could you please send us a private message with your system id and contact information? We would like to review your account and assist you. KM

Sep. 13th, 2018

Traci ciraolo Vineland, NJ

Where do I begin? It’s been since sept 2017 I purchased two systems with this company. Neither system is producing properly for the first five months I was producing and the electric company wasn’t seeing production now they see a partial production! No one cares call every day I’ve had wrong install, wrong meters, they fired the install company will it was being installed no one to call no one listens please please don’t go with this company

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Traci, thank you for reaching out, we are here to assist you. Could you please send us a private message with your systems numbers and contact information? We will review your account and contact you to address your concerns.

Sep. 12th, 2018

Dan Maciel Placerville, CA

This is my third year with this company. The system I originally agreed to was not put on my roof. It was a few month later when I learned they installed a smaller system instead. The system has not produced anywhere close to what has been guaranteed. My bill has not lowered at all with my monthly payment to them and true up. I just get the run around when I call the company. I was never given a tutorial on how to use my system. All around I regret using this company...I wish I would have read reviews before deciding to agree to a 25 year lease. Buyer beware!!!

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for your feedback, Dan. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. This is not the typical Sunnova experience, our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive when explaining the product to our potential customers. We do appreciate your patience and one of our specialists will contact you soon to help get this issue resolved.

Aug. 21st, 2018

DamianGarcia Olivehurst, CA

Absolutely horrible. I was basically scammed and lied to. The worst decision I have ever made. They said they could lower my bill from $180 a month. I averaged $300 last year with the monthly payment and true up. The system stopped working for the first year for about 6 months, but I still had to pay. They just continue to lie. I can't believe I have 21 more years of hell left from this company. I want to sell or rent my house in the near future and I already know that I am going to have difficulties.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Damian, thanks for bringing this to our attention,. Can you please send us a private message with your system id or phone number associated with your account? A customer service agent will reach out within the following hour. Thank You.

Aug. 3rd, 2018

Andrew Links Albuquerque, NM

These guys showed me digital contract. Giving me ability to buy out down the road. Contract they printed was not same as buyout removed. Tell me how I can come up with $46000 to pay for 15000 of hardware. They are crooks plain simple. Buy solar just not from them. They took 2 months to see that panels were not working. Then when i complained about not geting refund the girl laughed. She said I can't get out of contract. Go elsewhere. Other have had leans put on house.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Andrew Links, we are here to help. Can you please send us a private message/email with your system ID and phone number where we can reach you? We'll look into this right away. Thank you^MP

Jun. 4th, 2019

Stay away Sewell, NJ

Let me keep this short. They have the wrong panels installed on my roof. The contract clearly states Q-Cell panels and they installed Recom. I want the panels off of my roof now and according to them the only option I have it to sign a new contract. Because it is not voided on their end. Can someone please explain how a contract can be completely wrong but not void?!?!

Reply from Sunnova

Good morning Stay away, Thank you for bringing this to our attention we use all of our customer comments to better our customer service programs. If you could please send us an email to with your contact information/system id and one of our Issue resolutions specialist will contact you within 1-2 business hours. Thank you ^MP

Feb. 11th, 2020

Chris Williams Highlands, NJ

THE WORST! Do not talk to them if they show up at your door. Yes installation and the turn on went as expected, but after 3 months the promised numbers started changing and not in my favor. Now I'm about to go to war with this company and I should have read these reviews first. Not getting what promised and now I'm looking at selling my house in the next year and anticipating a huge problem. CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT! IM IN!

Michael Sicklerville, NJ

This company is horrible. They can't get their billing correct. The spend countless time having you repeat the issue. The first and second line phone attendants cannot resolve issues. Supervisors are never available when you call. It has been over 1 year and Sunnova still cannot get the billing correct. I would not have signed up with Sunnova but they bought out my original company contracts.

Judith Hamilton Yuma, AZ

The worst solar company ever. In October of 2016, I signed a contract promising my solar panels would produce in excess of 10,000 KWH (kilo watt hours). They have lowered the amount produced twice without notice. So far I have had three months of power bills that were very low ($17 a month). All the rest of my bills have been from $80 to $200+ a month. I may as well continued without solar and paid $151.00 a month. Now I have a debt of $25,000 hanging over my head . STAY AWAY FROM SUNNOVA!

Karen Berlin Northridge, CA

We decided to go solar when my mom was in the hospital thinking this would lower our electric bill. Now that my mother has passed away and we even have less people in the house I am still paying more than if I was paying DWP which are the worst thieves in the world. How I have 2. If I could I would rip them off and throw them in the trash. Worst decision ever to go solar. Stay with your electric company they are cheaper.

Irving Ramirez

This is the worst idea ever to install hurricane maria past through puerto rico had solar panels mostly gone off roof I need to fix now my roof with the damages caused by solar panels and rack where these where at company tells me that I have to pay over five thousand dollars to remove what's left so I can fix the damages or wait until when ever the company has the opportunity to come and do what ever has to be done. In the mean time I have to stay with all the filtering in the roof of my house. Definitely don't and will never ever recommend this product to anyone.

Sharon Baudour

I was misrepresented about the lease and I believe I was taken advantage of due to my age and disability. I am paying more to my electric company per month sometimes $124.00 or more. My tru up bill was 989.00, therefore, I am now paying double to triple in electric. They want to add additional solar panels which will increase my 116.00 lease payment to Sunnova. I believe I really did not qualify to have solar due to the amount I was paying per month before Sunnova came in. I was paying on the average for 12 months $98.89 per month to my electric company before Sunnova.

Desiree

I would consider what they do fraud. They sold my 78 year old family member a $75,000 11KW system on a 2,000SF house with 2 people living there and no pool. They made him believe that if he no longer needed the panels they would just come get them, instead he has to pay $37,000 to exit the deal. This is a man that served our country for 45 years and they are going to rob him of his retirement. How do they sleep at night? Scum. They took advantage of him with the number of panels, years of the deal and interest rate.

John Peraino Collingswood, NJ

Trinity Solar sells all of their leases to Sunnova. When you need service you need to call Sunnova who then notifies trinity Solar to schedule service. There is a lot of unnecessary red tape that you have to deal with.

Bettie Green Arrey, NM

Don't get involved with Sunnova. Their so-called lease program is nothing but a scam. They end up receiving all the tax benefits and all you end up with is a monthly bill which goes up every year, while the panels are depreciating. Do yourself and look elsewhere. What this company REALLY needs is a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT for fraudulent business practices. Contact your Attorney General about Sunnova.

Kevin McElveny Ione, CA

The worst customer service I have ever encountered. No that is not fair for me to give this review sun ova would have had to do something to deserve this review. There is the problem I have been trying to get my solar repaired for over three weeks now. I have never had a call back from anyone I have been told my case has been excluded! Hindsight is 20/20 I would have never done business with this company. They are getting their money every month on time I'm just trying to get what I am paying for. If I could give a lower score I would.

Robert DiPietro Sewell, NJ

I've been mislead buy this company from the start My average electric bill was $145 before solar and they State my bill with solar would be $98 per month and I would save around $50 a month They never told me I would still get a bill from the electric company Before solar my electric bill was averaging $200 for the three summer months Now with solar I'm paying the $98 to Sunnova and $90 to electric company for an average of $189 so I'm saving $11 and I got this crap on my roof I've been calling them for 4 months and getting nothing but a big run around !

les greenough Sierra Vista, AZ

Solar system has not functioned for approximately two months. Electric bill has continued to increase while Sunnova continues to collect lease payments which means that I end up paying more than if I didn't have a solar system!! Lease payments plus electric bill. Continued contact with CUSTOMER SERVICE provides NO RESULTS. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!!

James Kemp San Francisco, CA

What was stated from the onset became a reality. Our first prorated monthly bill arrived and it showed a mark difference as was promised.

Richard Wu Cerritos, CA

After one year of complaints, and shutting down the system and stopped paying them. They finally sent a technician to inspect the system. However they still don't want to fix the problem as recommended by their own technician. None of the customer support knows how to calculate optimal wattage of a system or total consumption of a household. I had to do the search. Worst company ever. Would give them -10 if I can

Linda Bretton Lake Elsinore, CA

Company will not listen to my complaint that the system is under performing, will not send anyone out to check it out. In addition I have tried for 8 months to get a pay-off figure from them, since I have a lease to purchase, not a PPA. Would NEVER sign a contract with them again. They were recommended by the company that did the installation. That company is no longer recommending them because of their poor customer service.

Mary Yvonne Henry San Francisco, CA

Besides having to wait on PG&E, the entire process was quick. I have recommended the company to many of my friends and neighbors.

Steve Woodbine, NJ

I agree the customer service is the worse I've ever experienced. The product has been unreliable, activated 10/19/15 went down 10/22/15 has yet to be restored and it 12/18/15. If you call they promise you a call back that never happens, after a month of calls I sent a email listing all phone calls, who I spoke to and what was said. They answered me the system is working as expected and I need to give it 4 months to see the results. My system was blacked out, which raises the question are they monitoring the system? Bottom line stay away from this company

michele Las Vegas, NV

The solar is great however the customer service is the worse I have ever been associated with. I have had solar for over a year now and customer service still can not get the name on the account correct. The customer service agents are very nice however every time you call they need to open a new case. I also had a credit they billed me twice I had to prove with bank statements that they over charged me. I received a credit the next month the balance of the credit was gone. Now I'm back on the phone with them getting it corrected again.

Roderick Carson, CA

Customer service? They don't know the meaning of that. When you call and request a call back, they call and disconnect when you answer and this can go on for sometime. My system has been running for a month with PTO and another month without and I still can't monitor the system online. I have called many, many, many times to get this resolved and it's always the same response, The IT Dept is working on it! They must be pre-school kids. This is not a good start!!

fcbbob North Las Vegas, NV

Very poor customer service. Was told 60 days for install. It took 9 months.They claim to monitor the system. System has been installed 2 months. System has not produced the power they said it would. Has been down 3 weeks so far. They claim to monitor system but yet I had to call them to let them know it was not working. The first time it was down two weeks. This time it has been down one week with no response. Run far away from this company.

Dr. Peter & Marilyn (Maxwell) Ventura

Never received $1,500 incentive check based on a 1099!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Mr. and Mrs. Ventura, thank you for bringing this to our attention. One of our agents will reach out to you shortly to help resolve this issue. Thank you. ^JD

Dec. 2nd, 2020

Don Uncasville, CT

Produces the energy they said at a fair price

Thank you for the note, Don. Welcome to the Sunnova family! ^JD

Mar. 25th, 2021

Alfonso Legaspi Waipahu, HI

good service and promptness in delivery of goods and services

Reply from Sunnova

Mr. Legaspi, thank you for the kind words. We are excited that you're happy with your new solar system!^JD

Jun. 16th, 2020

Larry Shaffer Las Vegas, NV

Sun nova has lived up to the salesman guarantee.

Thank you for your note, Larry. Welcome to the Sunnova family!^JD

Jun. 16th, 2020

Tommy Riverside, CA

They always keep me updated on my account

Reply from Sunnova

Good morning Tommy, Thank you for your positive feedback sand welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Barbara Dearth Orleans, MA

Start to finish awesome care of customer

Reply from Sunnova

Good morning Barbara, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Nelson Mohr Bakersfield, CA

Honest service at a fair price. Peace of mind.

Reply from Sunnova

Good morning Nelson, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Ronald Duarte New Bedford, MA

Simply save me money and excellent service.

Reply from Sunnova

Good morning Ronald, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Bob Seier Laurys Station, PA

First rate from job conception through construction.

Reply from Sunnova

Good morning Bob, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Lee Ann Spence

Excellent performance and customer service.

Reply from Sunnova

Good morning Lee Ann Spence, thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

May. 18th, 2020

Gary Zellers

Everything was done on time and it was a very neat job.

Reply from Sunnova

Good morning Gary Zellers, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

May. 18th, 2020

Valerie Diehl Shiloh, PA

Very professional workers and staff, timely install

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you, Valerie Diehl! We aim to provide the best customer experience, and we are constantly working to make our installation process as hassle-free as possible. Welcome to Sunnova family!^OA

May. 1st, 2020

Jose Carlos Houston, TX

because is very good service and take care on all system

Reply from Sunnova

Good morning Jose Carlos, Thank you for your 5 star review and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Kaen Fort Worth, TX

Diligent workers and kind, courteous sales staff.

Reply from Sunnova

Good morning Kaen, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Susan Russell

They worked hard to meet our special energy needs.

Reply from Sunnova

Good morning Susan, Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Maria

Salesperson was personable and knowledgeable

Reply from Sunnova

Good morning Maria, thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Mar. 9th, 2020

Al Goldsmith

Efficient and delivered on what they promised

Reply from Sunnova

Good afternoon Al, Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Sunnova family!. ^MP

Mar. 4th, 2020

Al

Very friendly, kept me informed for the entire process

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Al, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family! Thank you^MO

Joanne newcomb

Very kind,efficient people who I talk to and came to my home. Thanks

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Joanne, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family! Thank you^OA

Alfonso Clark

Andrew the sales rep was very respectful knowledgeable And very professional

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Alfonso Clark, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family! Thank you^MO

David Vega

They were great when I was setting up to buy something, support since purchase stinks.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello David Vega, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words . Welcome to our Sunnova Family!^OA

Feb. 15th, 2020

Mary Tessaro

Great communication & explanations. No cost to me.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Mary Tessaro we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback.^OA

Jul. 14th, 2020