Solcius is quickly becoming a leading provider of solar energy in the residential market. The company designs, delivers, installs, and services high quality solar solutions generated by its unique and growing network of dealers and key partners.

The Good

• Warranties
  • Solar Service Payment Options
  • Online Monitoring and System Maintenance Included
  • Quick Installation Time

Warranties

Solcius offers some awesome warranties, including a 20-year equipment warranty and a 10-year workmanship warranty. In the event of an accident or malfunction, your Solcius solar system will be covered.

Solar Service Payment Options

When it comes to paying for the system, Solcius offers Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) and leases, as well as options to get a loan through one of its partners.  Solcius will also allow potential customers to purchase a system outright if that's what they would like to do.

A PPA gives customers the chance to go solar without any out-of-pocket expenses while the company takes care of all maintenance or repairs for the life of the contract.  Although you won't own your system when you go solar with a PPA and therefore will not receive any rebates or incentives, you will benefit by receiving reduced electricity bills each month.

Solcius states that it offers monthly, package, and system plans as well.  Zero down payment options and flexible financing options are available, making solar a reality for customers of every budget.

Online Monitoring and System Maintenance Included

Solcius will monitor each customer's system for 90 days after activation to ensure that everything is running smoothly. After that, the company will show the customer how to monitor the system and check production themselves.

Monitoring is available to all customers, regardless of whether they purchased the system or signed into a lease or PPA.

Quick Installation Time

While getting a solar system up and running on your roof can be a long and complicated process, Solcius boasts one of the quickest install times in the industry. The company's average time from paperwork to activation is 66 days.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Unfortunately, Solcius only offers its services in 11 states: Arizona, California, Nevada, New York, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. This relatively small service area limits the number of consumers who have the ability to work with Solcius.

The Bottom Line

If you live in Arizona, California, Nevada, New York, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Minnesota, or Wisconsin, Solcius might be a good option for you. The company offers a variety of financing options to fit every customer's needs, as well as several warranties, online monitoring, and quick installation times.

View Best Solar Companies

Vincent Pasini

April 19th, 2018 Lancaster, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They installed the panels and the next day we had an ice storm. The solar panels held up and were installed well as there were no leaks.

Jul 31, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and congratulations on going solar!

E Snead

April 13th, 2018 Lake Elsinore, CA

Excellent! Fast, simple and easy. They have been a service that met my every need. I would definitely recommend them.

Jul 31, 2019

Chontel hernandez

April 13th, 2018 Vista, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

These guys were super fast at the install and did a great job. Panels look great. Thank you! They offer solar panels and pool thermals and their pricing is a little bit high but I’d rather pay for quality.

Diane Neyman

April 4th, 2018 Temecula, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company has GREAT follow up. The process is seemless to the customer - they do everything. Great experience!

Jussi Galbraith

March 28th, 2018 Sandy, UT

They were fast and friendly from sales all the way through installation.

Moses

March 17th, 2018 Winchester, CA

The installation process was ok. I did not want this thing. Capitalized on my inability to say no.

Ismael Gonzalez

March 15th, 2018 San Jacinto, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been in sales over 12 years and I know customer service is a “HUGE PRIORITY” So far... promises made by Sales Rep are not true. Follow up and follow through suck! I had solar installed last month everything went good in the beginning with permits and installation. Panels are not producing energy. I have called 4 times already with them telling me twice they are aware and a tech will come to my house and here I am two weeks in with no one showing. Monday morning March 12 2018 I called again rep said: “someone will be there today or tomorrow morning.” No one showed up! Wife called Tuesday March 13 2018 afternoon and she was told, in two days someone might be there. I am getting to the point to consider legal advice to have them remove all their crap, fix my roof and pay for the legal fees.

Mar 15, 2018

Ismael, we understand your frustration. You shouldn't have to wait weeks to get your panels working. We apologize for the poor communication and slow reaction to this problem. I am going to get someone on this right away to make sure it gets taken care of and find out why it has taken so long.

Mark

March 10th, 2018 Lancaster, NY

The entire install only took about 7 hours with only 3 installers. The workplace was thoroughly cleaned after the installation was completed. The installers didn’t rush to leave after the install and answered all my questions. The install date was changed last minute because of weather so I won’t hold that against them. Everything was communicated and rescheduled for the next day. The original plans had to be modified because of a roof vent but again the new plan was communicated before any changes. Very happy with the install and installers and would recommend Solcius Solar to anyone looking to go green and eliminate electric expenses.

Mar 12, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and congratulations on going solar!

Danny McFarland

February 26th, 2018 Depew, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Quick installation - 2 days. Good communication throughout the process. Sales and service team are readily available at all times.

Robert

January 30th, 2018 Temecula, CA

It was great. I didn’t have to a thing but sign the papers and now I have solar.

Julia

January 4th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A very professional company. The technician Brandon was very knowledgeable on solar and how he could save us money. We would recommend this company to everyone! We also love the awesome Tech package that was included with our Solar for free. The young man that installed our tech package was very polite and helped me set everything up so easily. 100% satisfied, no regrets and I usually do give feedback but I was so happy doing business with them that this is the only way to show my Gratitude.

Lucita Woods

November 21st, 2017 Wildomar, CA

The experience was terrific. Everything went so smoothly I was shocked. I thought it would be a hassle but Solcius was so spot on everything their employees did. I will recommend this company to anyone that wants a solar system. Everyone should get one before the electrical company's say that they are loosing way to much money and want to put a stop to solar. Great work Solcius. Many Thanks.

Alton Stines

November 15th, 2017 Murrieta, CA

First thing is Solcius is the installer, they are contracted by My Smart House to do the job. Within 2 weeks of signing contract system was installed. took another 3 weeks for inspections and permission to operate. I am writing this 7 months after installation, after 2 months of spring and full summer through October I will pay to SCE what amounts to be about what one months bill would have been without panels. So far I am totally happy with results.

Eric Forseth

November 11th, 2017 Murrieta, CA

The customer service was great. Updates good. Had some problems during installation. Started, didn’t complete then waited several days before returning. Start up and final inspection process excellent.

Marshall West

November 10th, 2017 Layton, UT

Everything went according to plan in my opinion. I remained outside of my house and observed the entire Solar panel system installation process. Everything went smooth and problem-free. When nothing goes wrong, what else can you say? Thanks for the AWESOME job! I could not be more pleased.

Billy

November 9th, 2017 Wildomar, CA

I can’t say anything better than AWSOME. Done in 5 hours with no problems.

rey flores

November 8th, 2017 Palm Springs, CA

Great marketing but short follow thru on the promises. 1)We were told that the company will be monitoring our energy production and that someone will contact us if there something unusual or a noticeable drop in energy production. Turns out they only monitored us for the first 48 h and then it is up to us to monitor our solar system after the 48 h. 2) promised us a gift card as a perk discount, never seen that discount promise yet 2 months later 3) told us that the install will only take a day and needn't have to be home, took two days, short staffed, and ended having to take day off to make sure it was done. 3) CEO promised us compensation for that lost day wages, nothing yet materialize from that promise

Dec 28, 2018

Rey, we are sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. We will make sure that we pass these comments on to My Smart House. As their installation provider, we only have control over the install. We make sure to supply our dealer partners with feedback from customers so that they can resolve issues and fulfill promises. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with concerning the installation process of your new system!

Mari

November 6th, 2017 Murrieta, CA

Great service, they were on time and completed the job as planned

Joseph Sonner

October 30th, 2017 Hamburg, NY

The installation team worked through cold temps, continual rain, and strong wind to complete the job in a day! Great job guys! Looks fantastic!

The Days

October 26th, 2017 Lake Elsinore, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Solcius is an excellent company to work with. They explained the entire process well and were available for all of my questions. The technicians were very personable and professional. I would highly recommend working with this company. Since this is my first time purchasing solar panels I can't really comment of the quality of the panels, but I can say that we are producing a substantial amount of power. Our production far exceeds our use which is nice because we are one of those families who runs the AC constantly :)!

Diana

October 10th, 2017 Menifee, CA

So far I have dealt with 3 people (Eric, Yadira and Edward) over the past week and they have worked with me every step of the way to ensure I understood everything and had a say in all of it. I am very pleased with their professionalism and promises. We are just getting started but will keep my review updated as the process continues.

Glen

September 29th, 2017 Orem, UT

It has been very easy and convenient to work with Solcius to install our solar. Very easy to get a hold of and great customer service!

Dariel Bautista

September 25th, 2017 Beaumont, CA

Hard to review choices listed above as yet, only just installed product. We haven't gotten connected to service yet. Our sales rep. was great, workers installing did a good job. Waiting for the city to approve work.

Anna Ewers

September 11th, 2017

We have had a solar system (PPA) with Solcius for 2 years now. Their quote process was very straightforward and the terms were much more advantageous than the purchase or lease options we got from other companies. We get a monthly bill from Solcius for the electricity generated, and our monthly electric bill from SDG&E tells us how much we put into the grid and how much we took from the grid. Once a year we "true-up" with SDG&E. This is an easy way to reduce the electric bill and help reduce the carbon footprint for our home. An added bonus is that, if there is a power outage while the sun is out, we have electricity from the panels. There are a couple of things that could be improved. 1) The installation process wasn't as well organized as one would hope: there were a couple of very basic errors that resulted in a delay in approval and a delay in the system going into service. 2) The bill is not itemized to support the amount they are billing you for: There is no clear explanation connecting the electricity generated with the amount of money you are being billed for. Also, there is no clear statement of how much money you sent in the last payment and whether there is a remainder being carried over to this month's bill. Since the amount being billed is based on the electricity generated that month and therefore is different every month, and since I have and auto-pay set up with my bank that sends the same amount every month if I don't change the amount manually, the amount I pay is often not the amount they billed. Their bill doesn't show the amount previously billed or the amount received, or clearly connect the amount of electricity generated to the amount they are billing for this month, so it's impossible to know how they arrived at the amount they are billing for the month. They seriously need to itemize their bills to show everything that goes into determining the amount being charged.

Mar 29, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. It really helps us to improve our processes.

kerry copeland

September 10th, 2017 Hemet, CA

Great job on bringing my house upgrade and solar panels.

John

September 9th, 2017

Great Service with quick response. Had my Solar up in no time.

Tim Jones

September 1st, 2017

Installation was done very well and the foreman communicated with me every step of the way. They were a couple hours late getting here but that was the only negative. Excellent job!

Danny Peters

August 22nd, 2017 Riverside, CA

Were very satisfied with Solcius. We got 9 panels. From start to finish we were always there main concern. I've recommended them to my neighbors and friends.

Arline De La Torre

August 14th, 2017

Great customer service very nice and professional

Michael A. Starks

August 14th, 2017

Great service. The workers who completed the work at the house were excellent!

Ahmed Al Thani

July 20th, 2017

Great company. Very ethical. Dealer program is the future.

Harold Rich

July 14th, 2017 Temecula, CA

Guaranteed my bill would reduce 30% and not exceed my monthly usage surveyed over my past yearly use. I had averaged $152.00 per month. Now with this wonderful Solar System my past three months have been well over $220.00. Asked for assistance to no avail. Panels were not installed on my roof the way the engineers laid them out on paper. I need four more panel to achieve the promises made.

Mar 29, 2019

Obviously this was some time ago, but we wanted to let you know that your feedback is important to us and was submitted to management for review at the time. We hope we have improved your experience.

jesus

June 21st, 2017 Palm Desert, CA

Was not told would pay for power produce. Sign contract with laptop then was e-mailed the contract Paying more then when with edision. My sis was paying $ 5oo.oo to edision now with solar pays $300.00 ( different company) per month. Sprice finance in texas now owns the payment contract and are very very rude. Need lawyer in Cathedral City ca.

Nathan Capps

June 17th, 2017 Saint George, UT

Signed Paperwork in October 2016 finally got it turned on June 13th 2017. They kept failing inspections even though the city sent them and me exactly what they needed to do, they half attempted to fix it and failed inspection again. Each time it took another 2-3 weeks for a new inspection. It was ready to be turned on in February but due to their incompetence and 4 failed inspections it took an additional 4 months until they finally passed. 8 MONTHS from start to finish. Pretty ridiculous. Their excuse "this city has different standards on labeling" thats understandable but to be given a checklist after the first failed inspection, and fail to comply with the checklist 4 times...

Michael

May 31st, 2017 Irvine, CA

Solcius put together a system that covers nearly all my power needs throughout the year. The sales people I worked with were professional. The installation was on time and the energy production was better than I had expected! I typically only pay connection fees/taxes to the power company now as my system is very adequate for my needs. One of my neighbors went with them as well and seems very satisfied. I would recommend this company as a strong contender when researching which solar company is best for your property.

Mar 29, 2019

Thanks for your review and congratulations on going solar!

Serena Howard

May 10th, 2017

My bill went from an average of $950 per month to my first bill after a complete billing cycle $15, most of it being taxes.

Nguyen

May 9th, 2017

Solcius is a mess, they installed solar panel for us from February and activated with Rocky Mountain from March but system worked only 2 days of March and 15 days of April. None of them generated any power before April 17, I called Solcius too many times to make it work, and it works very fluctuant. And Solcius don't let you see the energy export to grid, or solar panel works or not. I feel regret to work with your company. Customer service is rude, maintenance team is terrible, have to wait a week for a guy come to fix it. Stay away from them.

Kathleen Taylor

April 27th, 2017

Brian S.was so helpful and explained everything that was doing to happen to the end. Went way beyond to make sure everything went right. Thanks Brian. Very happy. Kathleen Taylor

Steve Campbell

April 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Though I didn't end up getting solar panels, their proposal process was quick and easy to be able to see how many panels I would be needing and how much I would be paying for said panels. For now, it doesn't work with what I was hoping for (based on personal needs), but should I feel better prepared in the future, Solcius will definitely be my company of choice. They weren't pushy at all when I explained my situation, and were happy to give me time for it to become more feasible for me.

Randi Davis

April 1st, 2017

I had solar installed on my home by Solcius and had a great experience. We found out partway thru the process that because my house is a little older, the electrical needed an upgrade, but, I worked with Quinton B. to get my main panel replaced quickly and it was included in the price they originally quoted!! Brennan C. got me on the calendar for install faster than expected. The process went smoothly, but I could tell there had been any problems the customer service team would have helped me through them because they were and so great to work with. I'm so excited that my electric bill is practically gone so I'm not only keeping our valley air clean, but also saving money. Shout out to Chris M. and the construction team. The installation looks excellent.

Steve hafen

March 27th, 2017 American Fork, UT

I had a solar system installed several months ago from Solcius. They were professional from the time I engaged with them through the entire process. The installation was quick and clean. I have been very happy with my system. This week I had a minor communication issue with my SolarEdge inverter due to my Wifi being weak, I called and Solcius sent Gene to help. He did a great job addressing the issue and was courteous and thorough. I would highly recommend that anyone looking into a solar system check out Solius! Nice to have a company that does things the right way!!

Jon Benson

March 24th, 2017 Hurricane, UT

This is the most professional and efficient company you could ever deal with. From the time they arrived to the time they completed, this team and subsequent follow up was nothing short of A+; helpful employees like Brennan C. are what makes this company Solcius what it is. Wishing that all companies were as proud of their products, commitment and services as they are. I have recommended this company to many of my friends without hesitation. If anyone out there wants to save money and be more self-sufficient (as we once were). This is the best place to start! Many thanks to your team!

Corrine Alvarez

March 8th, 2017

My husband and I had a great experience with solcius in the installation of our solar system. From the salesman Brendon to the customer service from Brennan C., my husband and I were taken care of with respect and courtesy. The process went by smoothly and quickly and solcius answered all our questions. They kept in contact with us through every step of the process and offered great incentives that were a big plus! Customer service is awesome and we are enjoying our panels and can see the great benefit it will bring to us! This company offers other home improvement services and we are already looking into using My Smart House to work with us again. Thank you Solcius!

Juan Flores

March 8th, 2017 Pomona, CA

Solcius provided excellent service overall. From sales representative to installation crew, they are all very professional. Brennan Campbell, was very helpful during the process and was always there to answer any questions We had. We are very pleased with the whole solar experience and highly recommend Solcius to anyone who is interested in solar power.

Helen Holmquist

February 25th, 2017

Customer service was great, the problem was the installation team. My husband and I have been wanting to go to solar for years but couldn't afford to due to the high costs they would want upfront. Thankfully Solcius came by. I was a little skeptical because of a lot of solar scams going around in my area lately but everything checked out. They were informative and I was able to get rebates from the electric and gas company for our new NEST system. My install is not completed at this time. They did finish installing our solar panels this week though and we had our final inspection today and so we will be switched to solar either today or within the next week. I wasn't however, impressed with the install team! The head supervisor showed up to my house in cut up jeans, and nothing that said Solcius on it, except the large truck in front of my house. I didn't know how many men were there to install but it freaked me out when I had two men in my back yard wearing ski masks (before you freak out it is winter and it was very cold) but I felt uncomfortable. They did show up in the time frame but I got a knock on the door about 15 minutes later by the same guy in the holy jeans and told me they had to run to home depot and they would be right back. I was already feeling uneasy because of his unprofessional appearance and I was second guessing if he was actually part of the team. They took over and hour and half to come back. I had to call the company to see if they were coming back for the install and the guy on the phone didn't know what was going on and so my install was set back by almost 2 hours, which didn't impress me at all and I'm sure they went out to lunch. Also, when they did the quick power switch from my old meter box to my new one someone quietly knocked on my door and waited maybe 10 secs (not enough time for me to answer the door with my two kids being rowdy) and wasn't given a heads up while I was cooking dinner with the quick switch. So that was irritating! If they made their installers were uniforms, gave them more training on communication I would have felt a lot more comfortable with them around mm, my kids and my house! So that is why the three stars. They have a lot of room for improvement of their install group, but their customer service via phone is great and our sales rep comes in to see how everything is going on occasion, which is nice! ***UPDATE: With the weather being nice we are finally able to go outside in our backyard and when we went outside we found that the installers used our window unit to get onto our roof instead of using their ladders. As well as when the snow melted on the ground we found they have left a lot of garbage on our lawn so we had to clean up after them. I am not going to lie that I'm very angry that they abused my property. The install team I am not very impressed with at all! They showed up late, and from all the garbage on our lawn they went shopping at a gas station, which shouldn't have been done during my time! They used our personal property that now how shoe marks all over it because they were to lazy to use their own equipment. When I told this to the customer service during a follow up review they told me that isn't the normal and that they sent this to the head of the construction team. I have to be honest that if that was a service that I could cancel or go to a competitor I would. I am very angry they abused my time and property! Our solar is up and running. But having to deal with the clean up of the "profession" (I use that term very lightly) installers, you will have to decided of the aggravation is worth it to you. **UPDATE** Solcius customer service came through with flying colors. I got a call yesterday in regards to this review and how they stated that they have taken all the steps to assure that this doesn't happen to any other solcius customer again. Not only that but I knew that higher management was involved and after speaking with them and resolving what has been done, their customer service was outstanding. They were very helpful, and they wanted to make sure I was a happy customer. I was very pleased with how this was resolved. Very pleased with how upper management was involved. I feel strongly comfortable again to recommend this company to friends and family since I know that their sales person and customer service will take care of them. Again, I'm very please with how everything worked out and very grateful on how I was taken care of and impressed with the steps that Solcius took with their construction crew to make sure this doesn't happen again! Very Please!!You

Jake Jackson

October 4th, 2016 Mesa, AZ

Fantastic company! After looking at other companies I finally settled on this one! Go with these guys over anybody else

Michael Davis

July 26th, 2016 Desert Hot Springs, CA

I have called for customer service 3 times I had to leave a message 3 times with no response. Also emailed once with no responce. I was told my bills would be lower but it seems they didn't put enough panels on my roof. So by time I pay my solar bill then Edison's I am paying the same as before the solar installation. Not a fan of this company or its servicing of its customers.

D Trella

July 20th, 2016 Salt Lake City, UT

Horrible, Deceptive, high pressure sales tactics. I should have never let them in my home.

Pablo Jimenez

June 14th, 2016 Desert Hot Springs, CA

Great techs great service overall.