Best Company Guarantee Solar SME Logo

Solar SME

LAST UPDATED: May 26th, 2022

Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Solar SME is a solar company that aims to provide safe, reliable, sustainable energy to empower communities. The company offers residential rooftop solar services, commercial solar services, solar panel maintenance, and solar and roofing repair, and was awarded as Panasonic's Fastest Growing Installer in the South-West Region. Rated one of the top 500 solar contractors in 2019 by Solar Power World magazine, Solar SME currently offers its services in the following states: Texas, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.

The Good

• Variety of Services
  • Battery Storage Solutions
  • Partnerships and Certifications
  • Free Solar Quotes

Variety of Services

While the solar company specializes in in energy storage, Solar SME offers a number of solar-related services. The company can provide customized residential solar systems with a projected completion time of less than 12 weeks. The company also offers commercial solar systems, solar panel cleaning and maintenance, solar system repair, and roofing repair and maintenance.

Battery Storage Solutions

Solar SME also provides several solar battery solutions that include the following:

• Panasonic EverVolt
  • Generac PWRcell
  • Enphase Ensemble
  • LG Chem RESU

Partnerships and Certifications

Solar SME works with respected solar equipment manufacturers and is an LG Pro Authorized Partner, a Panasonic Solar Premium Installer, and a Certified Solar Professional for REC solar panels. Solar SME is also a Pearl-certified company (valid in Texas, Georgia, and Pennsylvania), meaning customers who make home improvements through Solar SME can expect to see at least five percent increase to the resale value of their home.

In addition to the company's Pearl Certification status, Solar SME has also been certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). The NABCEP is a nationally recognized organization that promotes best practices within the solar industry. NABCEP-certified PV installers adhere to high sales and installation standards and a code of ethics that protects consumers.

As for other industry partnerships, Solar SME has been identifed as an Enphase Silver Installer, meaning the company has passed a threshold representing a considerable number of Enphase installations, and is also authorized to install Enphase's energy storage solutions. The solar installer is also an authorized Generac dealer.

Free Solar Quotes

Solar SME provides free quotes to interested individuals. Those who would like to take advantage of this opportunity will be able to meet with one of the company’s experienced energy consultants and receive an custom system quote.

The Bad

Limited National Reach

Solar SME currently provides residential and commercial solar services to four states. While this is demonstrably more than the majority of solar contractors, whose service areas are limited to one or two states, some industry-leading companies span as many as 25 states without sacrificing quality of service.

The Bottom Line

Solar SME offers a number of solar services, including residential and commercial solar systems, system maintenance, panel cleaning, and roof repair. The company works with top equipment providers, offers free quotes, and is commited to improving home value for Texas homeowners. Customers within the company's four-state service area can finance their systems through purchase, ppa, lease, or loan.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar SME below.

not_listed_location

Solar SME Frequently Asked Questions

What can you expect at Solar SME?

Solar SME has an established history and reputation for providing quality services, consistent optimization of our products and anticipating customer needs is one of our admirable traits. We, at Solar SME, design, install and maintain solar panels on both residential and commercial properties that last for decades.  We are completely transparent with our customers and offer exactly what is the most beneficial for them. Solar SME has a variety of options to fit everyone's budget and needs with the most lucrative financing options and premium quality equipment. We make sure that every customer is quoted accurately and visual presentations of our proposals help the customer develop a better understanding.

Is Solar SME install certified?

You can depend on Solar SME to deliver highly trained professionals, outstanding customer service, and quality systems tailored to fit your family’s needs. Thanks to our partnership with Pearl Certification, we’re able to bring you even more benefits that increase the efficiency and value of your home. Only the network of elite, highly quality contractors can offer Pearl Certification. Pearl vets contractors to ensure they install quality products properly and take care of their customers. By having your work Pearl certified, you can breathe easier knowing that our work is third party certified Solar SME is one of the first pearl certified contractors in Texas. Solar SME has also been recognized as one of the Top Solar Contractors of 2020 by Solar Power World. As a BBB accredited company, we are passionate about your energy saving goals for the future and enabling you to generate your own electricity.

How much does it cost to go solar with Solar SME?

There is no fixed cost for every solar panel system because the cost of a system depends on your electric usage, any incentives that you qualify for, what state you live in, and so on. But one thing is for sure — at Solar SME, there are absolutely no hidden or sudden costs. You pay the price that we quote to you.

How long does it take for Solar SME to install a complete solar system?

Solar SME provides customized residential solar services with an install time of less than 12 weeks. However, there may be other factors that can delay the process such as utility companies and HOAs, since some jurisdictions take longer than others.

What equipment brands does Solar SME use?

Solar SME is an authorized installer of Panasonic and also LG PRO Solar Partner Programme Authorized Partner. Along with offering a large variety of premium quality solar panels by Panasonic, LG, and many other well-known brands in the market, Solar SME installs Enphase inverters and has different variety of inverter options as well. The battery backups we offer includes companies like Enphase, LG, Generac, Panasonic etc.

What happens if my solar system develops a fault?

With our 25-year all guard warranty, we make sure that we stand with our customers for a long run. In case of any damage or fault in your solar panel system, Solar SME offers free inspection and handles all aspects of removing, repairing, and replacing solar components.

How long will my Solar panels system last?

Typically an average Solar SME installed system lasts for 30 years. Most brands offer up to 25 years of warranty, but if the system is properly installed, there’s no reason for a solar panel system to not last longer than that.

What more does Solar SME has to offer?

We offer the most lucrative packages to our customers. From all guard warranties to home certification, monitoring, and other add ons, we deliver a proactive monitoring system that will give you an update on whats going on with your system at any time. If our experts notice a lag we will be there to notify you and resolve any hiccups as soon as possible. We not only provide services but peace of mind as well.
Message from
Solar SME

Solar SME is one of the leading providers of rooftop solar systems in the United States. We offer end-to-end solar energy solutions of top quality that are completely adaptable to any customer requirement. We provide free solar estimates, solar system designs, various attractive financial options, and top-notch customer support. There’s also a 25-year all guard warranty!

We focus on providing quality customer service. We take pride in doing everything ourselves and by building strategic partnerships with various companies and institutes.

You can depend on Solar SME to deliver highly trained professionals, outstanding customer service, and quality systems tailored to fit your family’s needs. As a BBB accredited company, we are passionate about your energy saving goals and enabling you to generate your own electricity.

Thanks to our partnership with Pearl, we’re able to bring you even more benefits that will increase the efficiency and value of your home. Pearl Certification allows Solar SME Inc. to certify our installations and improvements we make to your home. Pearl certified homes sell on average for 5 percent more!

Choosing high-performing systems has always been a smart decision, and it has never been this easy!

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down
bestcompany guarantee

Best Company guarantees your satisfaction if you choose a company that has earned this distinction. If you're not satisfied after 30 days, simply let us know and we'll give you $100. Yes, it's really that simple.

Learn More

4.9

bookmark

Featured Review

hyun hong

Solar SME was one of the choice I considered when using the energysage website to compare Solar installer company. I only dealt with the sales representative but when looking comparing, this company was on the top list when it comes to panels, inverters, and the cost. The sales representative, was excellent as to consistently keeping in touch to answer any question but also talked to me on his off-day to explain the quote.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Hyun, Thank you for your response on our service! We are glad to know your experience with our team went well. Thanks Solar SME, Inc.

Sep. 8th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Igor Wake Forest, NC

We're really happy we chose Solar SME for the project and got Rick as an engineer! He was courteous, explained everything in details, gently lead us through the process with all the paperwork, approvals, hardware and software setup, so the actually complex project became nice and easy. The system was pretty carefully and precisely designed, works as a charm! Thank you, Rick, for all your care!

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Igor, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. Like every other representative of ours, we're glad Rick was helpful to you. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Paul P Bedford, TX

Yasem and his team at Solar SME were proactive and communicated both the 3G phase out and downed inverted I had in my system. The on-site team installed the new items professionally. Thank you

1 day ago

Phan Nguyen Pearland, TX

I chose Solar SME because it had good reviews and based on the referral from my friend. They installed a 20 panel Aptos system to accommodate the most of my current consumption. The installation took 2 days with no problems so far. Rick H, the Project Manager is very responsive to address my concerns/requests every step of the way. I would recommend Solar SME to anyone interested in the installation of a solar system. They would handle the paperwork from pulling the permits from the Utility Company, City, County Office and the HOA. It was a pleasant experience to go solar with the quality service provider.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Phan, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your response on our services. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Harry Columbus, OH

I chose Solar SME because it had good reviews with very few poor reviews. They installed a large (54 panel) system with battery backup. Some installation problems occurred along the way, but Solar SME constantly worked hard to overcome all problems. When a component was suspected to be defective, an Uber driver delivered a replacement part within six hours after the discovery. most often when I sent an email to the project leader, David, he would call me within minutes of my sending the email to discuss my concerns. After the detailed project plan was created, I checked the ratings of each component in the system. I was pleased to learn that the Panasonic solar panels were very highly rated and the Enphase system was very highly rated. I would recommend Solar SME to anyone interested in the installation of a solar system.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Harry, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your response on our services. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Carl Engutan Coraopolis, PA

Purchased in November. Completed in late April. Raffy kept me updated all along the way. Even when install was complete, we weren't satisfied with the exposed wiring. Raffy worked with the installers and they took care of it. We're up and running now with no issues. Thanks!

Norman Rennalls Katy, TX

We installed a generator and when the system came back up there were errors to the Enphase panel we have. Once identified Basem Y and Frank the field installer were once mobilized were proactive, competent, and quick to respond. Basem assisted me in resolving several setup issues over the phone in coordination with The Enphase support personand responded to my calls and emails quickly. The system is now working.

Nnaemeka Onuoha

I worked with Michael L as my project manager and Michael was very helpful to get my system start and running. However, my installation exceeded expected project timeline due to exessive SolarEdge hardware failures. I guess COVID-19 pandemic may have contributed to the delay. You have to be a very engaging customer to get them do their job. Overall, they're very knowledagle on residential solar installations. Basem Y provided excellent customer service to provision my system for optimal performance. I'll recommend Solar SME to other customers

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Naemeka, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your response on our services. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Apr. 8th, 2022

GQATX Pflugerville, TX

Our original bidding/research period was definitely good with Solar SME, but our install took a very long time to complete in large part due to a lack of local install professionals in the Austin area who work with SME. I don't know if that has changed in the last 3 years since our project. Regardless, it seems there was very little monitoring of our system from their end. It seemed that not long after our install, we lost a lot of production. I'm not clear when it started, but it looks like we may have lost 2 years of production, and thus ROI. When I finally reached out to Solar SME, it took weeks to get a technician out (I had a 3rd party who actually came out first and verified one of our inverters needed to be replaced). At any rate, a new project lead, Basem Yani, took over our account and got our issues solved and our production back up. It is a vast improvement and we are back on schedule for our ROI, just 2 years later.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi! Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your response on our services. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jason V Pflugerville, TX

Was a little worried upfront. Was hoping to have it done prior to end of year but I understand things are a little crazy right now but David A did a great job following up and keeping me informed of the process. Can’t really complain about anything as the panels are up. Areas were kept clean. Crew was thorough and process went pretty quick once started. Price wasn’t too bad either considering the size of my system.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Jason, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your response on our services. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Chris Sileo Lancaster, PA

I went with Solar SME as they offered a strong warranty, provided the panels I was looking for, and had good pricing. I also appreciated the detailed quote and breakdown of expected performance that was supplied. My Project Manager for the installation was Rick H. While there was some initial communication issues, everything including permits from the City and Utility Company were delivered without any issues. Terry was my installer and he and his team did a great job with the installation and cleanup. I appreciated them taking their time to explain the different aspects of the system and electrical. They also rode out of their way to pick up the rail system which was delayed by FedEx in shipping. The only issue we have is one with a configuration with the electric measurement used by our home which should be fixed shortly by a follow up visit. Easily resolved and no major issues.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Chris, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your response on our services. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

John Dougherty Pittsburgh, PA

I found SolarSME through EnergySage and I am super happy with the end result! Sales: I felt that the package, warranty, equipment, and price were all the best fit. I worked with Ray C and couldn't say anything negative about the experience. He spent over an hour on our initial consultation appointment, thoroughly answering all my questions, never rushing me off the phone or to the next topic. He was the most honest of the sales people I talked to with one notable exception (see cons below). Very attentive and quick to respond to emails, but he balanced this well with not seeming super pushy either. He gave me time and respect to consider other options while not blowing up my phone with texts and calls and emails. Project: Rick, the project manager, has been wonderful and responsive all the way through the process. He took care of the plans, home inspection, permitting, and install. Their affiliates (inspector/installers, etc) have been super efficient and friendly. From the date that my contract was signed to the date my panels were installed was roughly 15 weeks. Just awaiting final building inspection. Can't wait to get the permission to operate and get the system switched on. Cons: -They subcontracted the work out despite saying it is their installers and that they have local warehouses. Maybe they do their own installs locally to Texas but I'm in PA. I do not feel this affected the job quality or scheduling but I would have respected the honesty approach more. -They asked me to store the panels in my garage before installation. Minor inconvenience, but I'm sure this also saved me on the project cost. -Both Sales and the project team were kind of desperate for reviews, but again, maybe saved in overall cost if they can do higher volume of business.

Reply from Solar SME

Hey John, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know that your overall experience with us went great. Our apologies for miscommunication regarding sub contracting the project. We'll make sure to be very clear with all our clients in future. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jason Speck Houston, TX

Excellent service and results . It was a slow start but end results were excellent. There were some issues at first but Basem Y was thorough and quick to respond. He went above and beyond in helping to solve our reporting issue. He walked me through how to resolve the issue over the phone and has always responded to my calls or emails quickly. System is working great. Thanks.

Rwils Irving, TX

From start to finish my solar installation was very smooth. Rick my Project manager was very helpful and informative from start to finish. William my installer was very kind and fast on install. I am overall very happy with my entire experience with Solar SME and would recommend them for anyone looking into solar!

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Rwils, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your response on our services. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Joel Meyers Pittsburg, TX

Xavier and Andrew were a pleasure to work with because of their fantastic professionalism and support. Overall, Solar SME did an outstanding job on our large and complex residential installation.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Joel, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your response on our services. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Fernand A. Lavallee Chesapeake Beach, MD

Our Senior Energy Consultant, Mike B, was outstanding. He is very professional, I and he worked very hard to explain everything to us. He put in a lot of effort to earn our business. Solar SME is very transparent, and the system design they proposed was all first tier equipment. And Solar SME offered the best price on a REC Alpha series-based system.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Fernand, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your response on our services. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jordan Lacy Washington, DC

It was a pleasure working with Ray C who was extremely knowledgeable & professional. Solar SME was not the first company that I talked with but their amazing customer service and honest pricing made choosing them easy. Thanks Solar SME

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Jordan, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your response on our services. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Henry Sudol Irving, TX

Great experience from start to finish. Solar SME designed the system as I requested. Giving me the system that I need today and room to update and increase capacity as needed for my future ELECTRIC CARS. All my electrical demand is supplied cleanly by the sun. :)

Reply from Solar SME

Hey Henry, Thank you for your feedback. Good luck on your solar journey. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Mike J Magnolia, TX

This review is for the initial experience of the quoting/proposal stage. We just signed the contract and are starting the process. So far so good. Solar SME’s initial proposal was sound and their response to my initial modification request was quick and accurate. Their combination of equipment, guarantee and price one the day. They weren’t the absolute cheapest but the combination of factors provided the best overall. Ray Conner (my consultant) was quick and concise. Not too much fluff or pressure.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Mike, Thank you for your feedback. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jul. 23rd, 2021

Thu Dang Mansfield, TX

I cannot say enough good things about Solar SME. The process from start to finish as been excellent. After our installation was completed, Basem reached out to me to address some issues I was experiencing with my system. Now the system is generating full power as planned. Truly amazing customer service and a pleasure to work with. I will be reaching out to them for all solar needs as well as recommend to other. Special thanks to Basem Y!!!

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Thu, Thank you for your feedback. We're glad that Omar was able to assist you in the best possible way. Hoping that your Solar Install goes well and you're able to save thousands of dollars with your system! Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jun. 1st, 2021

Birdie O'Hara Strasburg, VA

I'm beyond disgusted at this point! After 8 months- 5 beyond contract - my solar panels that were just installed last month got turned off by the local utility, SVEC, because conduit was run into their utility box - and it shouldn't have. And all the fancy connectors I'd paid for weren't used either. this on top of a torturous process just to get to this point -what a waste of time and money! Now I've got a lock box on both SVEC and Enphase meters and I'm not sure if/when it'll ever be fixed, considering the company's Headquartered in Texas and I'm in NW Virginia And the stupid thing is, THE SYSTEM WORKS! This has all happened b/c Solar SME didn't loop SVEC in sufficiently, so they were on board and ready to go when it was all installed; and that isn't my job. Just SMH at this point. Everyone sucks here,....

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Birdie! Thank you for your feedback. Our apologies if you felt pressured by our rep's sales pitch. We've definitely got all our customers back in the longer run and we wish you all the best in your solar journey! Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Sep. 8th, 2021

John Flynn San Angelo, TX

This company worked well with me. I asked for several changes along the way, which came with change orders and drawing changes. I had no trouble getting in touch with Solar SME, and they called me every day to discuss progress and next steps. When I had questions, I was able to get clear and understandable explanations. Ryan F was excellent and took care of everything.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi John, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your response on our services. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Hassan Ali Sheikh Cedar Hill, TX

I have an overall great experience. The financing rate in the industry was definitely hard to beat! I had a small issue and it was resolved very quickly! The panels are very sleek, all black, and came with some housing to give it a great design! It took a day, but I didn't need many panels!

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Hassan, Thank you for an amazing feedback. Highly appreciated. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jun. 30th, 2021

Umair Farooqui Ashburn, VA

Great communication from Chris and Denis while significantly great communication and work by the installation lead Frank. 10 days since production started and so far so good.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Umair, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your response on our services. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Mike P Leechburg, PA

They were very courteous and helpful throughout the installation process. They assisted us with any questions we had and found answers quickly if they didn’t have one.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Mike, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your response on our services. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Robert Bardo Waco, TX

Great effort. Typical sales model as to be expected but most willing to get the job done. Xavier has a great business sense and follow thru approach firstly respecting my time. Great job.. However, for me the investment makes no sense at this time. Thanks.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Robert, Thank you for your feedback. We hope to hear back from you soon when you're ready to make a decision! Thanks, Solar SME, Inc.

Apr. 5th, 2021

Luxe Isaac Atlanta, GA

Mr. Omar A. is a sale advisor, not a salesperson. He gives you honest information so that you can make an informed financial decision. Mr. Omar is a very knowledgeable and professional individual; I recommend you work with him on your project, without reservations.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Luxe, We're glad that Omar was able to assist you in the best possible way. Thank you for a great feedback. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Mar. 8th, 2021

Nikole Phillips Pflugerville, TX

Solar SME was was inform and answered all of my questions. With solar being new to me, they made my husband and I feel comfortable and informed the entire process. I also like that they use top grade products that are durable and will last a long time.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Nikole, Glad to know that you have nothing but positive things to say about Solar SME. Thank you for a great feedback! Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Mar. 3rd, 2021

Tim Monty

Solar SME delivered what they said they would. Had to overcome some local coding obstacles when coming to a new area for the first time, but they persevered and built us a wonderful ground mounted solar array that is working better than advertised. I highly recommend Solar SME.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Tim, We appreciate you leaving an excellent review for our services. We are glad that you are extremely satisfied with your ground mount system and we hope that you save thousands of dollars on your electric bills! Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Sep. 16th, 2020

Stanley Chiu League City, TX

The solar power system was installed in time and if functioning as promised.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Stanley, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your response on our services. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Aaron Breneman

Chose to work with Solar SME because we felt they were being more straightforward and honest with their quote (via EnergySage) than some other companies. Our energy consultant, James , is very experienced and was absolutely fantastic to work with! He was one of the main reasons we chose to work with SME. He was always straight to the point, was very good at clarifying complicated aspects of the process, and was very willing to adapt SME's quote as our desires changed. Last but not least, he was very clear at many times during the process that we could cancel the Solar SME offer if unexpected expenses (or anything, really) came up during the inspection. Unfortunately, our inspection revealed the need to entirely re-roof our house (putting the total budget beyond our means at the moment), and so we've decided to wait a year., but we'll definitely be getting back in touch with James next summer!

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Aaron! Thank you for such and amazing feedback! We're definitely looking forward to work with you next year! Thanks

Sep. 1st, 2021

Ricardo Colon

Great Product, Good Experience and Good Price Ray the sales guy did a great job in helping me understand every detail of their product and how it was better than his competitors. He also worked with me to get the price just right. He offered me two of the best financing options from all the competitors. He did a great job explaining to me every line of the contract I was signing. Wish their roof warranty was better (only two years) but only two other companies offer a better roof warranty (25 years). I ended choosing Solar SME because they offered a superior system at a very reasonable price (Panasonic panels with Enphase microinverters). After signing the contract, I was contacted by the installation project manager Rick who immediately took care of site inspections, permits with the city and HOA, plus Duke Energy agreements and rebates. Installation was quick, clean and done in one day. After Duke change the meter, Rick help me start the system and ensure the system and app were working appropriately. Overall a great experience!

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Ricardo, Thank you for reviewing Solar SME with a 5 star rating. Happy to know you're satisfied with your project. We always make sure that our clients make the most out of their investment. We're glad that our team was able to assist you in the best possible way. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Aaron Amador Mount Pleasant, TX

Cutting to the chase, my design planning and installation were hands down the best experience I could ask for. Brian my project manager kept me up to date on what was going on, he took care of all the paperwork, and even was able to move my install date up 2-3 weeks. The installation guys, lead by Frank, were amazing, and very professional. I would most definitely recommend Solar SME. The price was good with the panels and battery that I wanted. There were some hiccups on the connection side which was easily fixed by the SolarSME electrician by calling my battery's company. Our local power company came over for final inspection and even he was impressed with Frank's work, and that was very reassuring to us.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Aaaron, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jul. 30th, 2021

Carlos Galvan Andrews, TX

Writing reviews is not something that I do, but I felt compelled to do so based on my experience with Solar SME, Specifically Alex and Omar, my energy consultants. As someone that did not have any knowledge of Solar, I had a number of questions and concerns. From day one, Alex and Omar, answered all of my questions in great detail. They showed me every available option that would be best for my home and my finances. They completed a tremendous amount of research on my behalf to address my concerns. They were very responsive and were willing and able to communicate with me at any time. Their straightforward, knowledgeable, and honest approach was very refreshing considering my experience with some other Solar companies was not very pleasant. Although I did not move forward with my project, I want to commend Alex and Omar on their efforts. They could not have done anything more to help me or convince me to purchase with Solar SME. I would definitely recommend giving them the opportunity to earn your business. C. Galvan Texas

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Carlos, Thank you for your feedback. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jul. 23rd, 2021

Bhaven Shah Bensalem, PA

We wanted to install solar panels for a number of years but each time we reached out to solar installers, it was always a typical sales pitch. Having about 8-10 quotes with a significantly wide range of quotes only made the matter worse until I was approached by Solar SME. Omar was the very first person I spoke with at Solar SME. Not only Omar worked with me to explain the whole installation process but went above and beyond to make sure I was completely satisfied with every question he answered. Additionally, he was very patient while offering me various quotes with various brands of solar panels. Once we finalized the panels, the project manager, Henry, was just as kind and patient during the entire installation process. Henry was literally just a call away each time I had a question or needed a project status update. He has patiently worked with me and at times it appeared that he even responded to my queries during his time off. On the day of the installation, the installation team was right on time and completed the installation without us realizing it. The entire installation team was true professionals. They completed the installation in about 5 hours and left the premises completely clean. I want to thank the entire Solar SME team for staying on top of the project, updating with correct information, and completing the project in a timely manner. I will be sure to recommend you to everyone I know.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Bhaven, Thank you for such an amazing feedback on services offered by Solar SME. We wish you a very good luck in your solar journey! Really appreciate your time for leaving a great feedback. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jul. 14th, 2021

Xiaoliang Tang League City, TX

I chose to purchase my Solar from Solar SME after quite a bit research and Solar SME engaged me from EnerageSage. Xavier is very professional sales consultant who has a lot of knowledge of the business. He earned my business with those qualities. One thing really gets me to decide to with Solar SME is that I was really into REC Alpha series panels, but at the time Solar SME didn't have the REC TrustPro certification which would grant me 25 years labor, product and performance warranty. Xavier helped go above and beyond to push the company get thru the REC process and granted the certificate as promise. We finally decided to go with Solar early 2021. Michael was the Project Manager and was following up with us and touch basis to keep us updated with the progress. We initially had some headwinds from our HOA. The main problem is that we wanted to install the panels facing the common street as it is facing south with much better energy production for us. After checking with the Texas Property Law, we found that we can push the HOA approval as long as we can prove that the location in our design can produce 20% more energy than where HOA wanted us to install. Michael was very effectively working with us and his design team to provide our HOA with comparison and reports in order to achieve our goal. We finally got the design we wanted approved from HOA after 3 months struggling back and forth. We really appreciate Michael's effort and patience. Frank is the Solar SME install lead who came to my place to do the measurement and also for final installation. He has been extremely detail oriented and definitely a individual you can trust. He and his team finish the 13kW system within 3 days with superior quality. Frank would discuss with us if there is any decision to make for the preference. We were very pleased for the high quality installation and finally he showed us how the solar monitoring system works, We have been now enjoyed our solar system since May 2021. The performance is perfect, we got hit by quite a bit rain this June near Houston TX, but the system still managed to pull more than 1600 kWh in solar energy production. I have already signed my battery backup system with Solar SME and they gave me a great deal as returning customer and I am ready for another great experience in my solar journey.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Xiaoliang, Thank you for an amazing feedback! Much appreciated. Good luck with your solar journey! Kind Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jul. 8th, 2021

graveytrain Potomac, MD

I had a pretty large system installed (15kw with an LG battery) and started the process in December. SME was working with my city (Suffolk, VA) through the pandemic, so it took a long time for Suffolk to finish the permit, but SME was on top of it the entire time. Everyone was very professional and friendly, and the company was always responsive to emails and calls. My project manager was Sam, and the installers were Jesse and Ausif. They all did a great job. Another thing I really liked is that they were willing to install the size of system I wanted, as opposed to the solar power installers we have around here who wanted to convince you that a smaller system for more money was the way to go. To keep it in perspective, I was able to put a 15KW system on my house with the LG 9.8KW-hr battery system in place for less than Power Solar or Ion were charging for a 10-kw system. One thing I will say for solar in general-it's going to take some time, and that isn't the installers fault. You need to get approved by the city, you have to get approved by the utility-lot of stuff going on. But SME was great-powered right on through everything, and my system is doing very well. 0800 and I am already above 2 KW! Woo-hoo! Peaks at around 14 because of the layout of my roofspace. (I got the panasonic 330watt panels.Those bad boys are amazing!)

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Dustin, Thank you for such an amazing feedback. We are glad to know that you are satisfied with our service. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jun. 24th, 2021

Jaime Britton Mechanicsburg, PA

I sought quotes from multiple installers for a PV system and got a very strong quote from Solar SME from the onset with the highest quality solar panels, micro-inverters, racking system and service. I worked with Alex who was very prompt, attentive, patient and accommodating in every aspect of our interactions. I sent Alex questions via email several times a week and he was always prompt with his responses and extremely helpful. Most of all he was very respectful and allowed ample time for me to make a decision. Alex offered the very best customer service possible and deserves to be commended. Kudos!

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Jaime, Thank you for an amazing feedback. Glad to know Alex was able to help you in the best way possible. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jun. 18th, 2021

Lynette Costa Ambridge, PA

It took a little longer than we had hoped to get the install started, but once they did, all the individuals we dealt with from David A to the install people were very professional and courteous. Wonderful to work with.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Lynette, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your response on our services. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

sammy abdullah Houston, TX

I really enjoyed my experience with Xavier L at SolarSME. He's been very transparent, fast, and overall has been a joy to work with. He was the first person to get us a quote, answered all our questions, and worked diligently to win our business.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Sammy, Thank you for reviewing Solar SME. Really appreciate it. Thanks! Solar SME, Inc.

Sep. 1st, 2021

Karyn holt ,

Mike B. was an amazing representative. He was thorough and complete is his understanding nformation. He did not object to revising quotes as our need changed. He is a five star!

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Karyn, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. Like every other representative of ours, we're glad Mike was helpful to you. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Mar. 29th, 2021

Selina Dillon Gates, NC

Max A and Xavier L did a fantastic job helping us understand every detail of their products and were extremely patient with us as we worked through the system design process.  I was pleased with their willingness to work with us through several iterations to find just the right size solar system for our current and projected needs.  I was impressed with their competitive pricing and extremely knowledgeable staff.  We could not find a cheaper supplier, and the 25-year parts and labor warranties are top of the line!  Great job guys and keep up the good work.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Selina, Thank you for your feedback. Highly appreciated. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Aug. 19th, 2021

Samuel Dillon Gates, NC

Max A and Xavier L did a fantastic job helping us understand every detail of their products and were extremely patient with us as we worked through the system design process. I was pleased with their willingness to work with us through several iterations to find just the right size solar system for our current and projected needs. I was impressed with their competitive pricing and extremely knowledgeable staff. We could not find a cheaper supplier, and the 25-year parts and labor warranties are top of the line! Great job guys and keep up the good work.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Samuel, Thank you for taking out time for feedback. We really appreciate it. SolarSME is glad to know that our team was helpful to you. Max & Xavier both are our dedicated employees and we are happy that they assist you so well in the project. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Johnny Wertz Chester, VA

One year after installation, I’m receiving reduced utility bills from my power company. I’m glad to have Solar SME at my solar company. David A is my Project manager and has been very active in notifying me when the unit is not functioning properly. Overall, I’m happy that I purchased my solar panels from Solar SME. I would recommend that everyone should go solar.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Johnny, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jul. 30th, 2021

Jeremy G Garner, NC

I was quoted by SolarSME and ended up taking their bid. Michael was my POC for the project and was there every step of the way if I had questions or concerns. The install, or lag time between signing paperwork and getting everything turned on took longer than I expected but it was still completed and as quoted. In fact it was a little cheaper so I am happy. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for solar panels.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Jeremy Thank you for such a great feedback! Good luck with your solar journey. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jul. 27th, 2021

Alicia E King, NC

We are so glad we decided on Solar SME. No one could beat their prices and Rick H. was great to deal with. He was able to complete a 3 month project in 2 months and the actual install was only one day. He went above our expectations for this project. He kept us up to date on all steps of the project. Walked us through parts we did not understand. He more or less held our hand through the entire process. We cannot say enough about his professional and exceptional service. We just want to say Thank You to Rick and Solar SME. You guys are AWESOME!!!!

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Alicia, Thank you so much for such an amazing feedback. Really appreciate it! Good luck with your solar journey. Kind Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jul. 8th, 2021

Karen Jasmine Atlanta, GA

I appreciate that Xavier L was knowledgable and took the time to inform me about solar in general, and about my specific needs. He was patient as we looked for finance solutions and attempted to find a lender that made sense for my budget. I was impressed by the company and him and his willingness to be honest about the size of the system that he designed for me and not simply placing the largest system because it could result in a higher price tag for me and larger commission for him. He designed a system that met my needs and allows me to participate in net metering with my power company.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Karen, We are so glad to know that Xavier was able to assist you in the best way. Thank you for such an amazing feedback. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jun. 28th, 2021

Joseph Kovacs Tomball, TX

Solar SME is a subject matter expert on solar panels, installation, permits, warranty, and service. At every step they worked for mutual satisfaction and exemplified being customer driven. I found them to be reasonable and to live up to their word and commitments. I highly recommend Solar SME. My system is set to produce ~25,000 kWh per year with south and west facing panels totaling 51 REC solar panels with Enphase micro inverters.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Joseph, Thank you for an amazing feedback. Glad to know Alex was able to help you in the best way possible. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jun. 18th, 2021

Omar Khan Katy, TX

Solar SME designed and installed my solar system in 2018. They provided incredible service and unbelievable value. Unfortunately after three years my SolarEdge inverter stopped working… this was the moment of truth where we would see whether the lofty warranties were worth the paper they were printed on… I have to applaud Basem Y for his exemplary service. Within 24 hours of the inverter failing Solar SME had filed a claim with SolarEdge and received an RMA! And within two weeks the replacement inverter had arrived at my house. Basem was in touch with Frank (technician) who had a team member at my house within a few hours of the inverter arriving. My mind is blown —I can imagine a company doing what’s right, efficiently and effectively, when I am about to pay them thousands of dollars— however, I am in awe when a company stands behind their product years later. Basem’s white glove support was the embodiment of my top-notch SolarSME experience. This company did a great job, and I really appreciate how professionally run Technical Support/Compliance is.

VAMSI KRISHNA ARAVELLY Ellicott City, MD

Honest Sales pitch and no upselling and Best competitive pricing in the market by Xavier L. I started my solar project research in early april 2021 on energy sage but was not able to discuss my project with any of the installers until end of April.Once i was ready Xavier L. got in touch with me and explained me the different aspects of Solar panels and only showed me the best panels for my house which have the best generation. The Quotes i have received from him unlike others i shopped around are not bloated and not crazy high priced either. I got the quotes for Panasonic and REC panels with the best efficient and lowest downgrade in the market. He was even ready to price match and tried his best to beat the best quote i received aswell. I learnt more from his sales pitch about the panels than i would probably wouldnt have on my own. There is a premium for the best efficiency panels or REC or Panasonic vs Q Cell or Silfab but it might be worth it depending on the roof size and lesser panels it can accomodate for your current needs if you need to add more panels in future when your consumption increases. I ultimately ended up working with another provided who were covering my panels, inverters and labor for 30 years vs Solar SME which was covering for 25 years for the same cost. Would definitely recommend him for anyone exploring solar panels for their roof.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Vamsi Thank you for such a great feedback! We're glad to know that Xavier was able to assist you in the best possible way. Good luck for your solar journey. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

May. 11th, 2021