Solar SME

7.8

Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Solar SME is a solar company that aims to provide safe, reliable, sustainable energy to empower communities. The company offers residential rooftop solar services, commercial solar services, solar panel maintenance, and solar and roofing repair, and was awarded as Panasonic's Fastest Growing Installer in the South-West Region. Rated one of the top 500 solar contractors in 2019 by Solar Power World magazine, Solar SME currently offers its services in the following states: Texas, Virginia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, New York, Colorado, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, and Illinois.

The Good

• Variety of Services
  • Battery Storage Solutions
  • Partnerships and Certifications
  • Free Solar Quotes

Variety of Services

While the solar company specializes in in energy storage, Solar SME offers a number of solar-related services. The company can provide customized residential solar systems with a projected completion time of less than 12 weeks. The company also offers commercial solar systems, solar panel cleaning and maintenance, solar system repair, and roofing repair and maintenance.

Battery Storage Solutions

Solar SME also provides several solar battery solutions that include the following:

• Panasonic EverVolt
  • Generac PWRcell
  • Enphase Ensemble
  • LG Chem RESU

Partnerships and Certifications

Solar SME works with respected solar equipment manufacturers and is an LG Pro Authorized Partner, a Panasonic Solar Premium Installer, and a Certified Solar Professional for REC solar panels. Solar SME is also a Pearl-certified company (valid in Texas, Georgia, and Pennsylvania), meaning customers who make home improvements through Solar SME can expect to see at least five percent increase to the resale value of their home.

In addition to the company's Pearl Certification status, Solar SME has also been certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). The NABCEP is a nationally recognized organization that promotes best practices within the solar industry. NABCEP-certified PV installers adhere to high sales and installation standards and a code of ethics that protects consumers.

As for other industry partnerships, Solar SME has been identifed as an Enphase Silver Installer, meaning the company has passed a threshold representing a considerable number of Enphase installations, and is also authorized to install Enphase's energy storage solutions. The solar installer is also an authorized Generac dealer.

Free Solar Quotes

Solar SME provides free quotes to interested individuals. Those who would like to take advantage of this opportunity will be able to meet with one of the company’s experienced energy consultants and receive an custom system quote.

The Bad

Limited National Reach

Solar SME currently provides residential and commercial solar services to 12 states. While this is demonstrably more than the majority of solar contractors, whose service areas are limited to one or two states, some industry-leading companies span as many as 25 states without sacrificing quality of service.

The Bottom Line

Solar SME offers a number of solar services, including residential and commercial solar systems, system maintenance, panel cleaning, and roof repair. The company works with top equipment providers, offers free quotes, and is commited to improving home value for Texas homeowners. Customers within the company's 12-state service area can finance their systems through purchase, ppa, lease, or loan.

not_listed_location

Solar SME Frequently Asked Questions

What can you expect at Solar SME?

Solar SME has an established history and reputation for providing quality services, consistent optimization of our products and anticipating customer needs is one of our admirable traits. We, at Solar SME, design, install and maintain solar panels on both residential and commercial properties that last for decades.  We are completely transparent with our customers and offer exactly what is the most beneficial for them. Solar SME has a variety of options to fit everyone's budget and needs with the most lucrative financing options and premium quality equipment. We make sure that every customer is quoted accurately and visual presentations of our proposals help the customer develop a better understanding.

Is Solar SME install certified?

You can depend on Solar SME to deliver highly trained professionals, outstanding customer service, and quality systems tailored to fit your family’s needs. Thanks to our partnership with Pearl Certification, we’re able to bring you even more benefits that increase the efficiency and value of your home. Only the network of elite, highly quality contractors can offer Pearl Certification. Pearl vets contractors to ensure they install quality products properly and take care of their customers. By having your work Pearl certified, you can breathe easier knowing that our work is third party certified Solar SME is one of the first pearl certified contractors in Texas. Solar SME has also been recognized as one of the Top Solar Contractors of 2020 by Solar Power World. As a BBB accredited company, we are passionate about your energy saving goals for the future and enabling you to generate your own electricity.

How much does it cost to go solar with Solar SME?

There is no fixed cost for every solar panel system because the cost of a system depends on your electric usage, any incentives that you qualify for, what state you live in, and so on. But one thing is for sure — at Solar SME, there are absolutely no hidden or sudden costs. You pay the price that we quote to you.

How long does it take for Solar SME to install a complete solar system?

Solar SME provides customized residential solar services with an install time of less than 12 weeks. However, there may be other factors that can delay the process such as utility companies and HOAs, since some jurisdictions take longer than others.

What equipment brands does Solar SME use?

Solar SME is an authorized installer of Panasonic and also LG PRO Solar Partner Programme Authorized Partner. Along with offering a large variety of premium quality solar panels by Panasonic, LG, and many other well-known brands in the market, Solar SME installs Enphase inverters and has different variety of inverter options as well. The battery backups we offer includes companies like Enphase, LG, Generac, Panasonic etc.

What happens if my solar system develops a fault?

With our 25-year all guard warranty, we make sure that we stand with our customers for a long run. In case of any damage or fault in your solar panel system, Solar SME offers free inspection and handles all aspects of removing, repairing, and replacing solar components.

How long will my Solar panels system last?

Typically an average Solar SME installed system lasts for 30 years. Most brands offer up to 25 years of warranty, but if the system is properly installed, there’s no reason for a solar panel system to not last longer than that.

What more does Solar SME has to offer?

We offer the most lucrative packages to our customers. From all guard warranties to home certification, monitoring, and other add ons, we deliver a proactive monitoring system that will give you an update on whats going on with your system at any time. If our experts notice a lag we will be there to notify you and resolve any hiccups as soon as possible. We not only provide services but peace of mind as well.
Message from
Solar SME

Solar SME is one of the leading providers of rooftop solar systems in the United States. We offer end-to-end solar energy solutions of top quality that are completely adaptable to any customer requirement. We provide free solar estimates, solar system designs, various attractive financial options, and top-notch customer support. There’s also a 25-year all guard warranty! We focus on providing quality customer service. We take pride in doing everything ourselves and by building strategic partnerships with various companies and institutes. You can depend on Solar SME to deliver highly trained professionals, outstanding customer service, and quality systems tailored to fit your family’s needs. As a BBB accredited company, we are passionate about your energy saving goals and enabling you to generate your own electricity. Thanks to our partnership with Pearl, we’re able to bring you even more benefits that will increase the efficiency and value of your home. Pearl Certification allows Solar SME Inc. to certify our installations and improvements we make to your home. Pearl certified homes sell on average for 5 percent more! Choosing high-performing systems has always been a smart decision, and it has never been this easy!

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

4.8

bookmark

Featured Review

David Traub Bethesda, MD

Solar SME has been a great partner to work on with this project - they're super prompt with getting back to you and very in the loop as far as where you stand with getting financing. The option they offered completely fit our goals at the outset. Updated after project completion: Installation was great. There were some minor logistical difficulties, related to FedEx only delivering to curbside and our residence being a townhouse. Even that though got resolved quickly by Solar SME sending the panel installers to put the panels up. There was a bit of a delay between panel and electrical work BUT I 100% accept that and I appreciate that the delay was caused by Solar SMEs dedication to both quality installation work AND crew safety. Rushing a project like this isn't good for either of those things. I am 100% happy with the production levels we're getting. Our usual electric bill of close to 100 was 7.14 this month. We were able to run our AC without importing grid energy while doing so. I have no reservations about highly recommending Solar SME.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi David Thanks for the 5-star review. The team at Solar SME, Inc is thrilled you’re happy with your recent experience with us. Alex is one of our dedicated Consultant and we are glad that your experience was worth while. Best wishes, Solar SME, Inc

Jan. 29th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Tim Monty

Solar SME delivered what they said they would. Had to overcome some local coding obstacles when coming to a new area for the first time, but they persevered and built us a wonderful ground mounted solar array that is working better than advertised. I highly recommend Solar SME.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Tim, We appreciate you leaving an excellent review for our services. We are glad that you are extremely satisfied with your ground mount system and we hope that you save thousands of dollars on your electric bills! Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Sep. 16th, 2020

Aaron Amador Mount Pleasant, TX

Cutting to the chase, my design planning and installation were hands down the best experience I could ask for. Brian my project manager kept me up to date on what was going on, he took care of all the paperwork, and even was able to move my install date up 2-3 weeks. The installation guys, lead by Frank, were amazing, and very professional. I would most definitely recommend Solar SME. The price was good with the panels and battery that I wanted. There were some hiccups on the connection side which was easily fixed by the SolarSME electrician by calling my battery's company. Our local power company came over for final inspection and even he was impressed with Frank's work, and that was very reassuring to us.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Aaaron, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jul. 30th, 2021

Mike J Magnolia, TX

This review is for the initial experience of the quoting/proposal stage. We just signed the contract and are starting the process. So far so good. Solar SME’s initial proposal was sound and their response to my initial modification request was quick and accurate. Their combination of equipment, guarantee and price one the day. They weren’t the absolute cheapest but the combination of factors provided the best overall. Ray Conner (my consultant) was quick and concise. Not too much fluff or pressure.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Mike, Thank you for your feedback. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Johnny Wertz Chester, VA

One year after installation, I’m receiving reduced utility bills from my power company. I’m glad to have Solar SME at my solar company. David A is my Project manager and has been very active in notifying me when the unit is not functioning properly. Overall, I’m happy that I purchased my solar panels from Solar SME. I would recommend that everyone should go solar.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Johnny, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jul. 30th, 2021

Jeremy G Garner, NC

I was quoted by SolarSME and ended up taking their bid. Michael was my POC for the project and was there every step of the way if I had questions or concerns. The install, or lag time between signing paperwork and getting everything turned on took longer than I expected but it was still completed and as quoted. In fact it was a little cheaper so I am happy. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for solar panels.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Jeremy Thank you for such a great feedback! Good luck with your solar journey. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jul. 27th, 2021

Hassan Ali Sheikh Cedar Hill, TX

I have an overall great experience. The financing rate in the industry was definitely hard to beat! I had a small issue and it was resolved very quickly! The panels are very sleek, all black, and came with some housing to give it a great design! It took a day, but I didn't need many panels!

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Hassan, Thank you for an amazing feedback. Highly appreciated. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jun. 30th, 2021

Bhaven Shah Bensalem, PA

We wanted to install solar panels for a number of years but each time we reached out to solar installers, it was always a typical sales pitch. Having about 8-10 quotes with a significantly wide range of quotes only made the matter worse until I was approached by Solar SME. Omar was the very first person I spoke with at Solar SME. Not only Omar worked with me to explain the whole installation process but went above and beyond to make sure I was completely satisfied with every question he answered. Additionally, he was very patient while offering me various quotes with various brands of solar panels. Once we finalized the panels, the project manager, Henry, was just as kind and patient during the entire installation process. Henry was literally just a call away each time I had a question or needed a project status update. He has patiently worked with me and at times it appeared that he even responded to my queries during his time off. On the day of the installation, the installation team was right on time and completed the installation without us realizing it. The entire installation team was true professionals. They completed the installation in about 5 hours and left the premises completely clean. I want to thank the entire Solar SME team for staying on top of the project, updating with correct information, and completing the project in a timely manner. I will be sure to recommend you to everyone I know.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Bhaven, Thank you for such an amazing feedback on services offered by Solar SME. We wish you a very good luck in your solar journey! Really appreciate your time for leaving a great feedback. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jul. 14th, 2021

Thu Dang Mansfield, TX

Looking into solar was new for us, and Omar A immediately reached out and helped answer all questions as well suggestions. With every conversation we would want to make a change and Omar promptly rebuilt the proposals based on what we had discussed. In the end we decided to go with SolarSME mainly because of Omar's attentiveness, courtesy, and patience.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Thu, Thank you for your feedback. We're glad that Omar was able to assist you in the best possible way. Hoping that your Solar Install goes well and you're able to save thousands of dollars with your system! Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jun. 1st, 2021

Alicia E King, NC

We are so glad we decided on Solar SME. No one could beat their prices and Rick H. was great to deal with. He was able to complete a 3 month project in 2 months and the actual install was only one day. He went above our expectations for this project. He kept us up to date on all steps of the project. Walked us through parts we did not understand. He more or less held our hand through the entire process. We cannot say enough about his professional and exceptional service. We just want to say Thank You to Rick and Solar SME. You guys are AWESOME!!!!

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Alicia, Thank you so much for such an amazing feedback. Really appreciate it! Good luck with your solar journey. Kind Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jul. 8th, 2021

graveytrain Potomac, MD

I had a pretty large system installed (15kw with an LG battery) and started the process in December. SME was working with my city (Suffolk, VA) through the pandemic, so it took a long time for Suffolk to finish the permit, but SME was on top of it the entire time. Everyone was very professional and friendly, and the company was always responsive to emails and calls. My project manager was Sam, and the installers were Jesse and Ausif. They all did a great job. Another thing I really liked is that they were willing to install the size of system I wanted, as opposed to the solar power installers we have around here who wanted to convince you that a smaller system for more money was the way to go. To keep it in perspective, I was able to put a 15KW system on my house with the LG 9.8KW-hr battery system in place for less than Power Solar or Ion were charging for a 10-kw system. One thing I will say for solar in general-it's going to take some time, and that isn't the installers fault. You need to get approved by the city, you have to get approved by the utility-lot of stuff going on. But SME was great-powered right on through everything, and my system is doing very well. 0800 and I am already above 2 KW! Woo-hoo! Peaks at around 14 because of the layout of my roofspace. (I got the panasonic 330watt panels.Those bad boys are amazing!)

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Dustin, Thank you for such an amazing feedback. We are glad to know that you are satisfied with our service. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jun. 24th, 2021

Jaime Britton Mechanicsburg, PA

I sought quotes from multiple installers for a PV system and got a very strong quote from Solar SME from the onset with the highest quality solar panels, micro-inverters, racking system and service. I worked with Alex who was very prompt, attentive, patient and accommodating in every aspect of our interactions. I sent Alex questions via email several times a week and he was always prompt with his responses and extremely helpful. Most of all he was very respectful and allowed ample time for me to make a decision. Alex offered the very best customer service possible and deserves to be commended. Kudos!

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Jaime, Thank you for an amazing feedback. Glad to know Alex was able to help you in the best way possible. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Karen Jasmine Atlanta, GA

I appreciate that Xavier L was knowledgable and took the time to inform me about solar in general, and about my specific needs. He was patient as we looked for finance solutions and attempted to find a lender that made sense for my budget. I was impressed by the company and him and his willingness to be honest about the size of the system that he designed for me and not simply placing the largest system because it could result in a higher price tag for me and larger commission for him. He designed a system that met my needs and allows me to participate in net metering with my power company.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Karen, We are so glad to know that Xavier was able to assist you in the best way. Thank you for such an amazing feedback. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Robert Bardo Waco, TX

Great effort. Typical sales model as to be expected but most willing to get the job done. Xavier has a great business sense and follow thru approach firstly respecting my time. Great job.. However, for me the investment makes no sense at this time. Thanks.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Robert, Thank you for your feedback. We hope to hear back from you soon when you're ready to make a decision! Thanks, Solar SME, Inc.

Apr. 5th, 2021

VAMSI KRISHNA ARAVELLY Ellicott City, MD

Honest Sales pitch and no upselling and Best competitive pricing in the market by Xavier L. I started my solar project research in early april 2021 on energy sage but was not able to discuss my project with any of the installers until end of April.Once i was ready Xavier L. got in touch with me and explained me the different aspects of Solar panels and only showed me the best panels for my house which have the best generation. The Quotes i have received from him unlike others i shopped around are not bloated and not crazy high priced either. I got the quotes for Panasonic and REC panels with the best efficient and lowest downgrade in the market. He was even ready to price match and tried his best to beat the best quote i received aswell. I learnt more from his sales pitch about the panels than i would probably wouldnt have on my own. There is a premium for the best efficiency panels or REC or Panasonic vs Q Cell or Silfab but it might be worth it depending on the roof size and lesser panels it can accomodate for your current needs if you need to add more panels in future when your consumption increases. I ultimately ended up working with another provided who were covering my panels, inverters and labor for 30 years vs Solar SME which was covering for 25 years for the same cost. Would definitely recommend him for anyone exploring solar panels for their roof.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Vamsi Thank you for such a great feedback! We're glad to know that Xavier was able to assist you in the best possible way. Good luck for your solar journey. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

May. 11th, 2021

Sturm breakers Roxana, IL

Did a great job. Took a little longer than I like but, I guess it mostly because of the pandemic. I really appreciate them not trying to price gouge me and didn’t try to pressure me into buying. Just make sure that you request they install all CT’s if Enphase install so you can see what is exported and imported.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello, Thank you so much for an amazing feedback. We really appreciate it. Regards, Solar SME , Inc.

Joseph Kovacs Tomball, TX

Alex T worked with me to design a solar system that meets my electricity requirements, best in class panels/microinverters, great warranty, competitive pricing, all the way through to contract execution. My hope is that all of the Solar SME are as customer driven and professional as Alex Thompson.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Joseph, Thank you for an amazing feedback. Glad to know Alex was able to help you in the best way possible. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Kevin Brock Lawrenceville, GA

Alex listened to what we wanted and quickly adjusted the quotes as needed and was very responsive. He and SolarSME provided the best estimate, quality panels and certifications compared to the others we received. We appreciate all the help getting our solar project started. We switched from another company that had come to our house. Thanks!

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Kevin! Thank you for your feedback, we're glad to know that Alex was helpful to you. Good luck with your solar install! Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jun. 11th, 2021

Luxe Isaac Atlanta, GA

Mr. Omar A. is a sale advisor, not a salesperson. He gives you honest information so that you can make an informed financial decision. Mr. Omar is a very knowledgeable and professional individual; I recommend you work with him on your project, without reservations.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Luxe, We're glad that Omar was able to assist you in the best possible way. Thank you for a great feedback. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Mar. 8th, 2021

Nikole Phillips Pflugerville, TX

Solar SME was was inform and answered all of my questions. With solar being new to me, they made my husband and I feel comfortable and informed the entire process. I also like that they use top grade products that are durable and will last a long time.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Nikole, Glad to know that you have nothing but positive things to say about Solar SME. Thank you for a great feedback! Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Mar. 3rd, 2021

Roy Hernandez San Antonio, TX

Overall experience has not been good. Already 2 insight appointments have not happened when scheduled

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Roy, Thank you for your feedback. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Duy Lê Lawrenceville, GA

I had a good experience. I ended up not getting the panels installed but they gave me excellent consultation and guidance

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Duy, Thank you for your feedback. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Peter Cheng Shi Coppell, TX

The company impressed me deeply for their quick responsiveness, attitude, patience and the professional work. Especially Xavier L, he might be the best sales I have ever met although I have never really met with him.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Peter, Thank you for taking out the time to review Xavier's service to you. Really glad to know he could help you efficiently. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jun. 30th, 2021

Jamie Harris Virginia Beach, VA

My solar consultant Omar Ali was very professional and patient as the design changed numerous times throughout the process. He was very knowledgeable and reliable, answering all my questions and always following up.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Jamie, Thank you for an amazing feedback. Glad to know Omar was able to help you in the best way possible. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Karyn holt ,

Mike B. was an amazing representative. He was thorough and complete is his understanding nformation. He did not object to revising quotes as our need changed. He is a five star!

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Karyn, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. Like every other representative of ours, we're glad Mike was helpful to you. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Mar. 29th, 2021

savyconsumer Corpus Christi, TX

I would actually rate this company 4.5 stars out of 5; however, BBB rating system doesn't allow for half stars. They were very attentive throughout the entire process, from negotiating terms of the contract through to final completion. I felt I could always call my representative and he would find out the answer to my questions or update me on where we were along the way. In fact, I rarely needed to reach out because my rep was in constant contact with me. The reason for deducting a star (or .5 of a star, again, if it were possible) is because I felt a little more could have been done to go over the aesthetics and installation of our solar project. First was running conduit on top of the roof to connect the solar arrays, instead of running wires through attic, while easier to install it requires more holes drilled in the roof, to anchor the conduit, and increases the probability of water ingress in future. I was explained the technique they use to prevent leaks and was assured that will not be an issue. Second was the color of racking system to blend a bit better with our roof. That extra attention to detail and they would be 5 stars! Overall, I would recommend Solar SME to my friends and family if they were installing solar. I'm extremely picky about the contractors I hire and I would say they met and even exceeded my overall expectations.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello! Thank you for your valuable and honest feedback. We really appreciate it. We're glad to hear that your experience with Solar SME went great! We'll make sure to take care of the concerns that you shared with our future customers and we'll have our team give their work the extra attention to detail that you suggested. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Apr. 29th, 2021

Tyler Cooper Chicago, IL

Solar SME has been great to work with so far. I have compared their quotes to 4 different other companies and found them to be the best combination of fair prices, high quality equipment, and good customer service. Other companies had to trade off prices or quality too quickly to meet the expectations we had for our home solar system. Thanks SME Solar! Ray, our sales rep was very helpful, and adjusted our initial plan a few times to get things just right. - I hope to update after our install is completed!and after the panels have had some time to work.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Tyler Thank you so much for such an amazing feedback. Client satisfaction has always been our top priority. We're glad that Ray could offer you the best possible service! Good luck on your solar install. Thanks! SolarSME, Inc.

Apr. 20th, 2021

Andrew Hochstatter Metamora, IL

This was an awesome experience from beginning to end. They do all the work and make all the calls. You sit back and relax. Sign of few contracts, via email I might add, and your done. Even in a COVID environment they got my system up and running and I was able to see energy production immediately. Looking forward to seeing my first couple of power bills, or lack thereof.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Andrew, Thank you for an amazing feedback. We're glad to know the entire process went smooth for you. We hope you get save a lot on your next electric bill! Thanks, Solar SME, Inc.

Apr. 9th, 2021

Jeff Timpa Houston, TX

Had 29 panels installed and Solar SME were very professional. Had a problem with the reporting system and they went above and beyond fixing the issue.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Jeff, Thank you for your feedback. Happy to know you're satisfied with our work. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Ron A. Asheville, NC

They responded swiftly and professionally to all our questions and concerns throughout the process of installing solar on our home. We are pleased with the system that was installed.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Ron, Thank you for an amazing review! We're so glad to know that your system is up and running. Best of luck Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

May. 7th, 2021

Joseph S. Corpus Christi, TX

While we did not end up picking SolarSME for our solar project, Alex T. was awesome. He worked very hard to make sure we understood everything about the system he was selling and what it would me for us. Truly one of the best sales reps I have ever had the opportunity to work with.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Joseph, Thanks for an amazing feedback. Wishing you good luck for your solar journey! Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Apr. 26th, 2021

Elvin Juarbe Belton, TX

Solar SME is a great company to work with. Zack M. (sale representative) worked really hard to give me the best price possible. He was very informative and willing to address all my concerns. Trust me I had many! Michael L. was my Project Manager. Extremely knowledgeable individual. He always made himself available to answer my questions. We worked with a very tight timeline to complete the project and he was able to do it way ahead of schedule. I am very satisfied with my experience with Solar SME!!!

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Elvin, Thank you so much for such an amazing response! We're glad to know that Zack and Michael were able to assist you in a great way throughout your process of going solar with us! We hope that your solar experience goes great and you save thousands of dollars in the long run! Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Mar. 10th, 2021

J , MS

SME was the fastest response time of quotes from multiple companies, but best of all was the customer service experience! Shane with SME made the experience painless, in that he was able to concisely explain the entire process in a clear and comprehensive manner to a person less informed on the solar industry. He did so we a previously unseen patience and professionalism. Shane is what made the experience a 5 star experience!

Reply from Solar SME

Hello J Thank you so much for an amazing feedback! We're glad to know that Shane could walk you through the whole process smoothly. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Feb. 25th, 2021

Mnorton1228 Norcross, GA

Ultimately I did not choose to go with SolarSME for my solar needs but it was not because of anything they did as a company. It was just a personal decision to take a different route and pursue my project as a DIY’er. I was very impressed with the communication from my Salesman - Omar. I work a very busy schedule and am usually unable to communicate effectively at normal hours of operation. Omar was understanding and did everything in his power to make sure we communicated effectively and my questions were answered along the way.

Reply from Solar SME

Thank you, for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words.

Feb. 12th, 2021

M. Raju Roswell, GA

Omar A. was the best! He really provided answers to all the questions I had ongoing on solar. Continued to follow up and clarify how each component and value it brings overtime. I was unable to move forward with the project due to other reasons, but I would be recommending Omar to all those who need to go solar.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi M, Thank you so much for an amazing feedback for Omar. We're glad he was of much help to you. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Mar. 3rd, 2021

Evan Wallace Atlanta, GA

I was incredibly happy with the consultation process that Solar SME presented me and my family with. All of my questions were addressed thoroughly and the representative, Mike, was very knowledgeable and pleasant to talk with. We didn’t end up deciding on solar just yet but Solar SME offered a unique and incredibly appealing solution!

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Evan Thank you for reviewing our services. We're glad Mike could be of great help to you. Hoping to hear back from you soon and help you make your decision! Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Feb. 22nd, 2021

Del Emery Toccoa, GA

I bet much appreciate the job Mike did pulling together the right size system at the right price for us. I do wish that I could have been placed with a customer service person that spoke better English. This is probably my fault because I know that he is trying very hard to speak the best English but I just can't understand him. I asked that he communicate with me only in writing, which he is, and that helps.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Del, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you're satisfied with the services that were provided to you. Next time, we'll make sure to assign a sales representative to you who can speak English fluently. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Feb. 16th, 2021

Norbert Nowak Exton, PA

James and Omar were amazing. They answered all my questions patiently - and I had many!

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Norbert, Thank you for you feedback. Kind Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Jul. 8th, 2021

Andrew Rich Kill Devil Hills, NC

I am writing this review to inform others who are investigating a solar panel purchase to strongly consider using Solar SME. From start to finish, the company provided great support to my wife and I. A shout-out to Kevin W who was our Project Manager. He walked us through the entire process, effectively communicated continuously including product shipping updates, installation team engagement, permitting, utility company coordination, and financial. Even though everything did not go as planned including dealing with a customer (me) who requires frequent communication, Kevin and his team worked hard to make sure that the final product met if not exceeded our expectations. 5 Stars!

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Andrew, Thank you for reviewing Solar SME. We're happy to hear that all your questions were rightfully answered by Shane. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Captain Swanson San Isidro, TX

Zack M has been a persistent, and professional provider of every detail (and then some) I have asked for during this process. He has answered all my technical questions on the panels and installation specifics, and also my wife's questions about financinig, asthetics, and warranties. He has been patient with mine and my wife's schedule to schedule phone calls and Zoom meetings, even with re-schedule requests. He would be the first person I turn to at SME and I hope is representative of the quality person SME employs. I hope to be a customer of SME as soon as I can work out the financing on my end.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Captain, Thank you for choosing Solar SME. We are glad to know that our representative Zack Miller has been of great help to you throughout the process! Hoping to have your system ready very soon. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

RonRonda Tucker ,

Based on my location and some other factors, I did not end up going with SolarSME for my solar panels installation but Alex was very helpful and responsive. I very much appreciated his follow-up and flexibility.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Ron! We're happy to know that Alex was of great help to you. We wish you all the very best for your solar experience. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Mar. 29th, 2021

Cat Atlanta, GA

I liked that I was able to get a valid proposal of work without needing to have on-site visit (during covid). Alex was helpful and made himself available whenever was convenient and gave me much more insight into the available and recommended products. Unfortunately, this was not a good time for me to move forward with the solar but thank you!

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Cat, We're glad Alex could help you in your solar research! We hope to hear back from you soon and help you make an informed decision to go solar. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Mar. 15th, 2021

baxter tharin Conyers, GA

Omar was very professional. He took time to understand my specific situation and explain my options. I have not finalized a purchase yet, but my experience so far has been very favorable.

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Baxter, Thank you for reviewing Solar SME. Its good to know that your experience with Omar went well. Looking forward to finalizing your project soon! Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Feb. 17th, 2021

Mike W. ,

Omar provided a prompt response to my solar inquiry and a detailed quote of the project. I did not move forward with the solar project but when I look at solar again, I'll reach out to Omar and Solar SME for a quote.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Mike, Thank you for your feedback, We hope to see you again soon. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Feb. 12th, 2021

Sarah

Professional and timely with the whole solar purchase and installation, especially with follow-up. Competitive pricing. Anticipated questions and answered them thoroughly.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Sarah, Thank you for reviewing Solar SME with a 5 star rating. We're glad that all your questions in the process were answered in a timely manner. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

John Hemphill Arlington, VA

Our condominium recently investigated the use of solar panel to reduce our electrical costs. Solar SME, leaded by Xavier L submitted an extremely comprehensive and professional proposal. In addition Mr. Lee was very responsive to our followup questions.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi John, Thank you so much for your positive feedback.

Jan. 29th, 2021

Nanda Motikane Irving, TX

We are glad that we were able to get in touch with Zac at Solar SME, in our pursuit of Solar Panel installation. Zac has been very patient in answering all our questions and concerns. He is very meticulous in communicating all of the information that is necessary to make an informed and calculated decision going for solar panels. As we are planning to purchase Electric cars next year, we are definite to approach Zac at SME Solar next year to expand our solar installation, since we foresee higher consumption of electricity. Nanda Motikane

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Nanda, We appreciate you taking out the time to review the services offered by Zac. We are definitely looking forward to working with you next year! Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Reed Bradbury Dallas, TX

My overall experience was very satisfied. They were very helpful with choosing a system that was within my budget yet satisfied my power demand. The whole process was extremely smooth and easy. I was able to do it all from my phone. They do all the work for you from filing the right permits to figuring out if you have any trees to trim for best lighting. The instillation crew I cant say enough good things about them. They were extremely polite, very knowledgeable, great workmanship, extremely fast.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Reed, We are extremely glad to know that you have nothing but positive to say about Solar SME. Our clients just have to sit back, relax and let us do the work! At Solar SME, its all about quality and efficiency and we are happy that you were offered both. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Vishal Bagchi Dallas, TX

Process was very smooth, communication was on point. Product works as advertised and it is good value for money at that time. Solar is like buying a HDTV, wait a year and prices are cheaper so nothing they can do but it was great value for money then. I wish they had given be a drone video of the installed product because I have no idea how it looks like on the roof.

Reply from Solar SME

Hi Vishal, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star rating. We try our best to deliver the best value for money, we would love to make a drone video of your product installed. We really appreciate your valued input and thoughts on solar! Thank you. Regards, Solar SME, Inc.

Sep. 8th, 2020

Carlos Galvan Andrews, TX

Writing reviews is not something that I do, but I felt compelled to do so based on my experience with Solar SME, Specifically Alex and Omar, my energy consultants. As someone that did not have any knowledge of Solar, I had a number of questions and concerns. From day one, Alex and Omar, answered all of my questions in great detail. They showed me every available option that would be best for my home and my finances. They completed a tremendous amount of research on my behalf to address my concerns. They were very responsive and were willing and able to communicate with me at any time. Their straightforward, knowledgeable, and honest approach was very refreshing considering my experience with some other Solar companies was not very pleasant. Although I did not move forward with my project, I want to commend Alex and Omar on their efforts. They could not have done anything more to help me or convince me to purchase with Solar SME. I would definitely recommend giving them the opportunity to earn your business. C. Galvan Texas

Reply from Solar SME

Hello Carlos, Thank you for your feedback. Best Regards, Solar SME, Inc.