Pure Energy

LAST UPDATED: December 1st, 2022

Pure Energy is a PV solar system installer based in San Antonio, Texas with offices throughout Texas and Colorado. Founded in 2014, Pure Energy has grown in the past decade. The company joined with Texas Sky Solar in 2018 to expand in the Lubbock, Texas area. Pure Energy is dedicated to providing customers great customer care and support during solar installation and after.

The Good

• Financing Partners
  • Portfolio
  • Reviews

Financing Partners

Pure Energy offers customers the ability to finance PV solar systems with SunLight Financial and LoanPal. Both services have a simple application process and can give customers best options for solar financing based on credit.

Portfolio

Pure Energy has an impressive website portfolio of past work. Potential customers can browse through and get an idea of what they want. We appreciate photos of past projects that show clean lines and well-placed panels. Some potential customers hesitate about solar due to the misconception that solar is not aesthetically pleasing, Pure Energy seems to have a knack for design and placement because its projects look to have panels blend with the roof well.

Reviews

Pure Energy has several reviews online. Many past customers praise Pure Energy’s sales and installation crew, clear communication standards, attention to detail, fair pricing, and all-around good experience. When looking for a solar contractor, it is crucial to look for ones that have top-notch reviews on multiple platforms. Firsthand experiences help to manage consumer expectations and give insight into what customers would expect if they chose to use Pure Energy.

The Bad

• Bad Reviews
  • Limited Service Area
  • No NABCEP Certification

Bad Reviews

Some Pure Energy customers relate experiences including pushy sales tactics, inverters consistently going out, and unmet expectations of how much residents would save on electricity bills. We would recommend looking through reviews thoroughly and decide for yourself how you feel about the feedback provided by others.

Limited Service Area

Pure Energy is only available in Texas and Colorado. Due to the tax credits and ability to sell back electricity to local energy companies, Texas is a leading state for residential solar tax benefits.

No NABCEP Certification

We were unable to establish whether Pure Energy has received certified status from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP), which is responsible for some of the most highly regarded solar technician training programs in the industry. That is not to say it does not have NABCEP certification, but it is not mentioned on its website or social media platform. Customers will need to inquire directly for this information.

The Bottom Line

If you live in Texas or Colorado and are interested in solar, Pure Energy may be an option you want to look into further. Pure Energy has a lot of great things going for it as a company: good reviews, local, and does not appear to use subcontractors. We would love to see a lot more detailed information about if Pure Energy has a workmanship warranty, if it has NABCEP certifications, or what equipment warranties it offers.

We suggest you read through reviews for yourself and proceed with awareness.

View Best Solar Companies

3.9

Jacob Strassner Waco, TX

From beginning to end our sales rep Blake answered all of questions and concerns. We were not the easiest bunch to deal with considering it was our first Solar purchase and had needed an immense amount of hand holding. They were able to set us up with a great deal and a quality product. Emily the Project Manager was also stellar, she made herself readily available to answer any questions and went above and beyond to make us feel secure in our purchase decision. She really helped make the installation process seamless. The entire Waco team was fantastic and I would recommend Pure Energy to anyone considering going Solar!

Troy Saint Hedwig, TX

It was pretty quick, pretty painless. It happened in stages, first thing was they came out, put on the panels and then they hooked up the boxes to the side. They calibrated them, commissioned them, and then we started benefiting. It's only been a few months that we've actually had it installed and really been using it, but so far on our first electrical bill, we saved $150. They were very attentive to ensuring everything was accomplished and helping us through our problems that occurred along the way with technology. Our salesperson Celeste, just spectacular. Explaining it 5 to 6 times so we understood everything.

Linda San Antonio, TX

They were pretty honest about what was required from me to set it up. In the past, other companies have come by and told me I had to cut my trees down. And I refused to cut my trees down. Pure Energy said I didn't need to. So they were honest about that and and I could see that that my trees were not in the way in any way. Installation went well. It was kind of slow. I was getting kind of a little frustrated about it, but there had to be permits and stuff like that. They had to contact the energy company that I'm with and that took a while. That was a little frustrating, but other than that, once everything was set in place, permits and everything, it went pretty smooth.

Karen

It was pretty quick, They established the date that it was going to happen from the beginning. Installation probably took place a week after that. We pretty much waited on permits. Everytime that I talked to them, they answered my questions, they were very clear about what was going to happen next and didn't hesitate to fix the problem. They were very, very willing to help.

Tony San Antonio, TX

They're always available if I need to speak to them. The salesperson came by the house. They set up a time for the inspector to go up and check on the roof. And couple weeks later they came back and they gave me a date as to when the installation would begin and that date came, they installed it and just waited for the city to approve their work and after that I was commissioned.

Carla San Antonio, TX

The people from Pure Energy let me know when they were gonna be coming by and pretty much took care of it along the way. They coordinated with our energy company here in San Antonio, which I think was like the biggest issue when it comes to installation and they took care of all of that for us, and even helps us pay for our energy bills, so that we didn't have to pay bills.

Matthew Lubbock, TX

I've talked to a gentleman named John D.. He had answered all my questions right off the bat. Throughout the paperwork process, I emailed them a couple of times getting an ETA and whatnot, and he was just really quick on response and very accurate. They showed up on time, they got out about an hour ahead of what they were thinking. I work for a trucking company, so I was asleep during it and they didn't bother me one bit.

Robert Stuart San Antonio, TX

They respond immediately and they send people out to troubleshoot. For instance, some of the connections for a panel were loose and dangling and they sent somebody out immediately to repair it. My only problem was how long it took the local power company to come out and do their inspection and approval because it took more than six weeks for them to get it together and get out here before we could hook up and start drawing on the solar power.

Richard

They were forward and honest when they came out and told us about what it was going to do, what it wasn't gonna do, and the price it was going to cost up front. It was very positive. They've been responsive and got me to answers and the solutions pretty quickly. Installation was seamless.

Esteban

The solar panels are not cheap, but we're seeing the results of it already in our electricity bills. Everything looks great, all the work was done great. They showed up early in the morning, they were prepared. They had, the day before, delivered the panels. They let us know exactly what was going to go on and what to expect.

James San Antonio, TX

They're very responsive, either through calling back on the phone or emailing and keeping up with the install and service process. It was very speedy, professional and neat. They use one of the more popular brands of solar panels and electrical equipment for the house.

Juan

The sales guy was real knowledgeable, I already had his personal cell phone number where I can text him personally. He will reply to my calls immediately. As far as the installation, it just took forever to get it approved by the city, because there were some issues that Pure Energy didn't know about the city codes here. As far as I know, the panels are really high efficiency and they're very durable. My electric bill got reduced to almost $200 a month.

Ryan Amarillo, TX

Installation seemed pretty smooth. They came in and set up ladders and everything. It's pretty steep so they set up stuff so they were safe. They're pretty fast. It was maybe 4 hours they were on site and it was done, up and running, and then they had to be connected or turned on the next day.

Kenneth

They were able to meet their requirements for hours of direct sunlight by putting in 3 sets of panels instead of just 1 so they were able to work around my trees. I thought they were really great. They updated me in terms of the progress, everything they had direct control over.

Adam Abilene, TX

The installation process was pretty quick and painless. They brought panels out one day and then the installers came out the next day and put everything together. We did have to get the permit process done after they were put up, before we turn them on, but other than that, everything was pretty painless.

A. San Antonio, TX

Installation went smooth. It was fast, it exceeded my expectation. I would like the app to be kind of modified to have more features that help you to read more of the readings, the watt, kilowatt things. But apart from that, everything is good.

Jason San Antonio, TX

They seem to be pretty attentive and had answers to the questions that I had about the system and the process. I think the biggest issue that we had was just waiting for our local energy provider to certify the installation. That took the longest but as far as everything else, that went pretty quick.

Leah San Antonio, TX

It went rather smoothly. I think they were there for maybe one whole day from early morning until it started getting dark at night. They actually had inadvertently broke a window, but they did replace the window that they cracked, so other than that it was a smooth transition. They cleaned up everything afterwards. Very polite, very thorough.

Ryan Corpus Christi, TX

They came within one day, installed all the panels and the electrical stuff. Actually turning on the the actual panels and everything themselves took a lot longer just because of inspections and all kinds of stuff from the electric companies and the city.

Stephanie

Installation was fine. They came out, they plunked it on the roof and left. That's about it. I'm not entirely sure it's fulfilling all the promises they made. It's supposed to be providing plenty of electricity for us to not be paying an electric bill. In the last month, our electric bill was $120, and that was a whole bunch of odd fees and then some electricity that they covered that the system didn't. So I don't really know and I've asked questions, I can't get answers, I get a lot of "we're checking into it."

Elizabe

At the time of the install everyone was wonderful, but then I've kind of been abandoned. I have some questions that I still have and I don't know. They did not provide me much of the details that I needed. I had to ask my neighbors how they do it. For example, they never told me that there is an app where I can check to see the progress of my solar panels, if they're working, how they're working, what my energy saving is and all that.

John

I had some issues in the beginning and I'd call them and they would get back with me immediately if they didn't answer the phone when I called. The company that they sell the products of had some issues and they assured me they'd get straightened out and they have. It was all technical stuff as far as monitoring the system and the app that was on it, but the app didn't work. Solar Edge had some issues at first, but they have then had software updates and everything's working like it's supposed to now so we're not having any problems.

Lily San Antonio, TX

They noticed, diagnosed and began fixing an issue with our panels before we even noticed something was wrong. In my book, that is above and beyond customer service and care, even after everything was installed

Sarah Jones Lubbock, TX

Everyone was so friendly at the company, they were always there to help and give us as much information as possible. The Crews that installed were prompt, on time, and very efficient.

Lonnie2 Alice, TX

They've answered all the questions, they've helped with the problems that we have had. Very easy. Overall, I think they did a fabulous job. It took a little while to get it all completed, but everything worked out fine.

James Desoto, TX

I had a problem with the communication piece and it appeared that no one wanted to really work with me when I had the problem and my solar panel didn't work for three months. My converter went out within the first eight months of of me having the product. Installation went fairly well. They damaged gutters from the installation, but the installation went pretty well.

Emelda

I'm still having to pay a large electrical bills and then the solar energy bill, so it's not economically benefiting me. They just came one day randomly and we didn't know they were coming in and then after they're done nobody said they were done. It was just kind of like we put it up there and that's it. I don't think they contacted me enough. We never knew the process of what was the next step.

Sasha

I haven't had any issues or problems with them so far. They had to put them up in two days due to bad weather, but I think they would have done it in one. They just kept me in the loop a lot.

Don San Antonio, TX

They're a little bit difficult to reach. Scheduling was kind of hard, but once it started moving, it went really smooth. It is top of the line and it's performance has been great since we've had it. No problems and it's got a nice warranty.

Keneth Lorena, TX

Anytime I call, any question, they were ready to talk to me. They didn't have the solar panels in so they got everything ready the first day, and the second day they were able to come out and finish it.

Pete San Antonio, TX

When I would call the representative, if I couldn't get a hold of him, I left a message, he was able to respond back almost immediately. So the customer service response from him was excellent.

Deandre Temple, TX

Anytime we've had any questions, they've been answered pretty quick. They kinda talked us out of getting the battery box or whatever it is and I think we really should have gotten that.

Jesus

The installation was very quick, very clean. There was no leftover construction material, everything when they left was back to the way it was when they actually left my residence.

Susana San Antonio, TX

I can always speak to a representative. They're always very friendly and very helpful. There was a part, went out and no one proactively notified us. I found out because there was no reading on our panel. I just wish somebody would have called me and given me a heads up instead of me finding out on my own.

Tyson Lubbock, TX

The installers took their time and picking up their trash and making sure there was no leaks in the ceiling. It's just good. Anytime I have a problem, they fixed it and gave me the information where I can actually do it myself the next time.

Bruce Temple, TX

The initial service was very good but I also very much appreciated the follow up and the information that was shared with me to keep me in the know and and what was happening at all times.

Mary San Antonio, TX

They explained everything really well and that was good for this 83 year old woman. Installation went good, there was no bother and there was no mess left or anything. They just did it.

Darlene San Antonio, TX

What the salesperson said that they were going to do versus what they did was night and day. The installation itself was fine. The time that they installed it and the time that it was actually hooked up was too much, which I thought was ridiculous.

Spencer Tuscola, TX

They were the best to talk to. They gave you all the facts right off the front, not really hiding, they told us exactly how much we were paying in the future. I have had no issues, no hiccups, nothing. They were there on time and they finished. I like the app that connects with what's going on in my house. Straight up, no issues so far. Super trustworthy.

Reply from Pure Energy

Thank you for your 5-star review, Spencer! We are happy to hear when clients are satisfied, as we aim to provide excellent service. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any need for our services in the future!

Vitaly Plascencia Lubbock, TX

Everything was great, down to the installation. My only concern is the trash that was left behind. It didn't seem like you guys practice final clean up. My dogs could have swallowed any of the trash left behind.

Lakesha Mesquite, TX

It was easy to contact the person that I needed when I had issues. They were very respectable of my home and make sure it was clean. They were very pleasant and polite.

Michelle Grandview, TX

It was very easy, they came in, they got it done. We had a bad storm that rolled in that day and it kind of put everything into standstill but they came back and got it done. There were times that communication was lacking.

Vincent San Antonio, TX

We set up an appointment, then the crew came by and installed. We tested it make sure it worked and then we needed to wait for permits. It was a Pleasant experience.

Lindsay San Antonio, TX

Super fast and very smooth, we didn't have any any issues. It was more we were waiting on this on the city things to do things. It took a little while for them to follow up on things.

Brady San Antonio, TX

It took a little longer than was expected, but I mean it went relatively smoothly. I feel like everything went pretty well. My project manager was a little bit difficult to get a hold of, but he's probably busy.

Toby Palmer, TX

Everything fell off the map once they installed. I don't even know if it's really working, honestly. I'm still paying electric bills and I shouldn't be paying electric bills. Installation process was great. Fast, easy. I just don't know if it's actually working correctly.

Annie

The promise that they gave me is actually not true because all the problems they told me hasn't been completed. They promised me that I don't have to pay 6 months. If I refer to somebody I can get $500 and those are not being met. And then it took forever. It took 3-4 months for the solar system to be activated.

Rosanne San Antonio, TX

Very, very quick response. It was like five years ago, but I remember it being a quick process. I've gone through like two to three inverters since the install. Their customer service is great. I just don't know why the inverters keep failing. But other than that, I'm happy with them.

Reply from Pure Energy

Thank you for your 5-star review, Rosanne! We are happy to hear when clients are satisfied, as we aim to provide excellent service. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any need for our services in the future!

John Lubbock, TX

They were very good at explaining everything and working with me on it as I installed it. It went very smoothly. They did a very professional job of installing the equipment. I got the panels made in America and they are very good quality. I think they're doing a great job.

Reply from Pure Energy

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us, John. Our clients' feedback is vital to our business and of great assistance! We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with our services. We hope that you will consider us for any future requirements

Fredrick Waxahachie, TX

Very good. The production from the pannels is what they said. It went very smooth. They showed up on time, they explained everything that would be going on and then what they were doing. Anytime I called and had a question, it was answered.

Reply from Pure Energy

Thank you for your 5-star review, Fredrick! We are happy to hear when clients are satisfied, as we aim to provide excellent service. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any need for our services in the future!