Powur Solar

5.9

Momo Oviedo, FL

Very disappointed, The fact that I was offered enough panels to produce 100% energy when I reality I’m only producing 30-50%. Right after installation the first few months was great. My electric bill was around $15 a month. Right around June or July I started getting a bill of $70 dollars. Communicated with installation company a number of time till finally they sent a technician to take a look at it. Was never told what was the problem. Ok so then the following month I get another bill for $65. I called and email installation company again, They said that it might be because of my trees blocking the sun. I said well the sales rep knew I had trees but never mention to me that the trees would be a problem. The only thing the sales rep said was to keep my trees trimmed. Which I did right after installation. Costing me $700 . Never heard back from the again. So I got in contact with the sales rep and explained what was going on and he said the same excuse , I need to trim the trees and again I said I did right after installation and have proof. Then he said he will contact the installation company so they can take a look. They came over and said the system is working fine. The only problem is that I’m getting a lot of shade. I said well if my trees are a problem then why sale me a system that cost me a fortune knowing that was going to be a problem? I live in central Florida and I get plenty of sun year round. Just around fall and winter the sun is more south and of course the tress are in the south side of the house. So most of the morning sun is blocked. But how would I known that. I trust your company to know this things. So now I’m only producing around 35-40% energy and still getting a $60 bill plus the loan. So in reality I’m being screwed any ways paying two different company when j thought I’ll just be paying the loan. I feel lied to and taken advantage. I’ve had taken pictures of the roof at certain hours of the day and have seen the sun hitting directly to my panels and when I look on the app it seems like if there was no sun at all. I keep saying to them through emails that I think there is a problem with the panels even though it shows it’s working but I never get a response back. But what do I know. I don’t sale or install solar panels. I guess I’m pretty screwed for the next 20 years. And never had someone teach me how my system or my app works . I do as best as I can using google.

Reply from Powur Solar

Dear Momo, thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention. We're sorry to hear you're not receiving the anticipated value of switching to solar with us and that you feel like Powur was not transparent. This is not how handle our business and we'd like to address the situation so we can get you back to that $15 electric bill and back to enjoying your solar system. Please email our Customer Care team at [email protected] Once we receive your request, our specialists will immediately take a deeper look into your system performance. We look forward to working towards a satisfactory resolution for you.

Dec. 15th, 2021

Dave Lapikas Dulwich, SWK

Power has been amazing from start to finish. My consultant has been in constant communication with me. I just received my first electric bill and it’s $13, less than what I was expecting. I can track all of my panel production on my app and they are all producing more than I was shown in my proposal! Great company.

Reply from Powur Solar

Hey there Dave, thank you for taking the time to share your Powur experience! We often hear from previous customers that one of our best features is our “constant communication”. It’s thanks to individuals like yourself that help instill this business practice - so thank you! Enjoy your new solar system and enjoy that $13 utility bill!

Dec. 16th, 2021

MikeG Las Vegas, NV

I made a mistake in my review. Even though there was some simple mistakes made the company and the sales representative were extremely helpful! The sales representative worked extremely hard to get me the deal that I wanted. I wish I could go back and remove the previous review now knowing that I accidentally put one star instead of five!

Reply from Powur Solar

Hey there Mike, we really appreciate you taking the time to spread the word about your experience and to write another review! We’re thrilled you’ve decided to join the Powur family and that you’ve received the premium level of service from our consultant. Enjoy your new solar system and enjoy your lower utility bill!

Dec. 16th, 2021

John Schloeter Tampa, FL

Nothing, they are terrible. They install my system in March 2021 and it stopped working in June 2021, we are in April 2022 and it still has not been fixed. Customer service is terrible, they have no idea what they are doing and do not respond to emails or calls I have been paying double for the panels and my electric utility and they are not even taking responsibility for any of these costs.

Lucas Penitas, TX

I had some issues with installation crew which never got resolved in the way we wanted...I was never told about the way panels were going to be set up by the seller and I'm very disappointed on the outcome

Reply from Powur Solar

Lucas, thank you for your feedback, we work diligently to improve any issues out customers have with our installation partners so your feedback is valuable to us in making these improvements.

Jan. 4th, 2021

Luis

I have had a couple of issues with the process and I am still waiting for some answers. Installation was scheduled for a certain date and it did not occur that day. It happened a different date where I wasn’t notified. I think the equipment seems fine but I am still waiting for the app information so I can monitor the output.

Reply from Powur Solar

Sorry to hear your experience was less than optimal, we will strive to get you the answers you need.

Ivon

Very helpful customer service. The equipment is good. It was installed just fine. It is a good investment.

Reply from Powur Solar

Thank you for the positive feedback!

James

I have a friend who is in that business and he recommended Powur Solar. I have had no issues with it at all.

Reply from Powur Solar

Excellent! Thank you for your positive review and for trusting us with your switch to solar!

William

At first it was great then they just stop communicating and taking my phone calls. Left them a million messages and never received a phone call back. Recommended to a couple of friends but will definitely inform them of the horrible service and miscommunication.

Reply from Powur Solar

William, this is not the service that Powur prides itself on, please reach out to [email protected] directly

William Bowen

The system that was discussed with me and the options I was supposed to have was not the system I ended up with. Now I am looking at another 9k plus to get the system to do what I wanted in the first place.

Reply from Powur Solar

William, this is unacceptable to us and we will get our Operations Team to reach out to you to resolve these issues.

Jonathan Nakhla Marlboro, NJ

Stay away from POWUR under all circumstances possible. My family has had extremely terrible experiences dealing with them since the last week of July in 2021. It has been 6+ months since we first applied for our permits in NJ. It took them from July of 2021 until mid November to have the permits approved which were rejected by the township two times because their inability to follow correct fire protocols. I personally had to visit the township two separate times in order to get to the bottom of why our permits were being rejected so many times and send updates to the team since their own installers were lazy and not following up with our project. On the day of our installation in mid November I was told they would be arriving in between 8-9am on Nov 16. At 8:55 AM I receive a phone call that they will no longer be coming to install because the equipment did not arrive on time. I had taken a day off of work for this and they threw that at my face. Our system ended up finally getting installed on December 14th and we have been waiting for permission to power on but during the final inspection the township did not pass it because of certain fire conduits not following guidelines. During this whole process we have barley been updated or followed up with. We would go over 4/5 weeks without hearing from Ms. Lauren D & Mr. Domenic P. The lack of professionalism and responsibility from this company is infuriating. We were supposed to be installed and able to power on by the end of October at the latest and we are now towards the end of January with absolutely no progress. To top it all of Mr. P gave my family a $250 Amazon gift card for all of these inconveniences which is honestly a smack in the face after all the troubles and inconveniences this company has put us through. Their prices are competitive for sure but looking back I would much rather pay extra for a company that will do the job in a timely and correct manner. Stay away from POWUR. I have friends in the same township who applied for permits in august and were installed by mid/late September and able to operate their systems by late October. There’s no excuse for why our project is 6+ months in and we have yet to power our system on. Obviously they have no idea how to properly manage a project. The installer for our project who’s name was Ed was absolutely atrocious in handling our project and I would highly advise for you to avoid this company at all costs.

59 Garage ,

Our Solar project got signed in October. We were promised a 4-6 week completion. Our sales rep helped take care of our loan and tried to keep communication with the permit and install process. The team dropped the ball and said they had submitted permits to the county. I checked the status and the county said this was incorrect and it should go through the city. Powur was a via a referral from another friend/neighbor who had his installation without issue. He confirmed that permits needed to go through the city. Our rep followed up and permits were submitted properly to the city. Did they lie about submitting or were they submitted without any follow up or known destination? There was never a reason from the team about what happened. The team appeared to be back on track. Our panel needed to be upgraded (Additional significant cost). Another plan was signed off and resubmitted. Permit was issued. Now there’s a drop in communication about the actual install even though the online process says we have a scheduled install date. The team says there’s a problem with underground wiring to the panel. We live in a residential city with a variety of neighbors getting solar installed without any issues. We’re about to pull the plug because we have no real communication with the team without constant prodding from our sales rep. We’ve consulted with other larger solar installers. They don’t seem to know about why underground wiring would matter. When we signed on in October, we wanted communication above all. This team is crushing that hope that this company is legitimate and will be able to complete the project let alone assist if there are any future issues with warranties or repairs.

Reply from Powur Solar

Thank you for your feedback and for the detail regarding your install. We will get to the bottom of this for you, please email [email protected] and we will get you updated and get this project back on track for you.

Jan. 12th, 2021

Gail Port Charlotte, FL

We signed our contract in March 2022 and so far we still aren’t on solar. I feel like we have been scammed. Our solar panels so far are purely decorative. Not at all happy.

Reply from Powur Solar

We’re so sorry to hear about your less-than-stellar experience. Here at Powur we strive to provide world class customer service for everyone who interacts with our platform and truly appreciate you bringing this opportunity to improve the overall experience to our attention. After reviewing your project, we see your system has been completed pending main panel inspection. We've noted that you have also incurred property damage due to the recent hurricane. We have escalated your project and are working with your homeowners insurance policy to coordinate all necessary repairs to complete your project. Powur is committed to serving our customers, and we are constantly striving to improve the overall customer experience. If you need support in the meantime, you can get in touch with us directly at [email protected]

Nov. 15th, 2022

Gregory Huntington Beach, CA

Never met any deadlines. Would not return my calls. Charging me 2650 to cancel after they continued to push back the project. Did not get a permit for my electrical panel. Worse experience I’ve had with any company. Please be careful with this company.

Reply from Powur Solar

Hi there Gregory, thank you for taking time out of your day to bring this to our attention . We apologize for the experience you had with our team. We set a high standard for ourselves, and we’re disappointed to hear you didn’t experience this level of work ethic. If you would email [email protected] with your full name and address, we'd like to rectify your situation. We've alerted our head customer specialist to anticipate your email in order to resolve this situation with a solution that you find fair and that meets your expectations. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Mar. 23rd, 2022

Chris LeClear

I had great communication with provider and everything that was discussed was transparent.

Reply from Powur Solar

Excellent, thank you Chris for the positive review and your business!

Jan. 4th, 2021

Maria

It’s not functioning. I am very dissatisfied that they have not gotten back to us. We have been paying a great deal on the bill still. They do not return phone calls.

Reply from Powur Solar

Sorry to hear this Maria, this is not the kind of service we aim to give to our customers. Please send an email to [email protected] so we can assist you with getting resolution.

Ross

There should be more streamlined customer support when things get installed. I had my system installed in August and it is November and it is still not turned on. It is not a good process.

Reply from Powur Solar

This is not good news, thank you for reaching out and letting us know. I will send your response to our Ops Team.

Hector

The guys who installed it hardly ever stopped even when it was raining, they kept going. The process was good.

Reply from Powur Solar

Thank you Hector for your positive review!

Simonette

Installation was long and difficult. It took like three months before my work was completed. You can never reach anyone. They need to make sure they have a management team on board to answer any questions to help.

Reply from Powur Solar

So sorry to hear that you did not have an optimal experience with us. Hopefully you are enjoying your system and gaining some cost savings on your energy. Thank you for your business.

Sully

They were fast and efficient. Even came to repaint to better match the stucco without hesitation

Reply from Powur Solar

Thank you for the positive feedback, so happy to hear our teams gave you excellent customer service.

Jose Deris

because they bring me exactly what they promise me and the service is very efficiently

Reply from Powur Solar

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, so happy we were able to be of service to you!

Ma. Cristina Villarreal Navarro

They're very professional, very considerate in explaining all the installation process.

Reply from Powur Solar

Thank you so much for the positive review and most importantly for trusting us with you business.

Kevin Elmer, NJ

So usually when something seems to good to be true it is. Everything they sold me sounded great. Well now that my system is up and running "where are the big savings I was told I would see". I rolled in a new roof and financed the solar for 15 yrs. I was told your system would generate 95% solar but more likely 100%. They advised you will probably have at most a $15 bill to pay to electric company. Plus $1000 sign up fee due to being law enforcement. So I did recieve $1000, but now I see everyone seems to get that. I was told you wouldn't have to make a loan payment from 2 months after install. Well 2 months when by and still wasn't on yet. So I had my $400 electric bill plus the loan for $240. Finally everything was turned on and so much for my $15 to electric company. It was close to $150 plus my loan payment. I gave it 2 more months and no difference in savings. On top of this powur subcontracts another company that you have to work with. Then there the trecs. Very confusing setting them up and you have to enter all these different production numbers from one website to another. And it's been 3 or 4 months and being told I won't see them until November. So basically they pitch a great game, but reality your not saving or at least I'm sure not. Kevin R

Reply from Powur Solar

Dear Kevin, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are sorry to know that your solar panels are not performing as you expected. We understand how frustrating this can be, as you anticipated bigger savings with your electricity bill. We would like to look into this issue with you and see if there is anything that needs to be adjusted in your system. Please, get in touch with our Customer Care team at [email protected] Once we receive your request, our specialists will take a deeper look into your system performance. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards a satisfactory resolution for you.

Erick Saavedra Cypress, TX

Worst company ever. From install to service. I have the solar panels for 1 year now . First after they install it, nobody came to show me or make sure it was working. I had to figure it out myself after 2 months of install. The company apologized after I left a bad review on bbb.org and promise to send someone and even issue me a refund for the first 2 months, but nothing ever happened. Now after 1 year, they stop working. The inverted went bad (I had to figure it out). Got a new inverted replaced by Solar Edge and called Powur to send someone to replace it. 3 weeks and they can't still get the post install manager to come or say anything. I wish I had never let my friend sell me this and did more investigation about this company.

Reply from Powur Solar

Dear Erick, we are sorry to hear of the difficulties you had from install to service. This definitely doesn't sound like the service we aim to provide to our customers. We apologize for any inconveniences caused. It is of deep concern that our standards were not met in your customer experience. We would like to look further into this with you and work towards a satisfactory resolution. To start the process, please get in touch with our Customer Care team at [email protected] Once we receive your request, our specialists will take a deeper look into your project. We will do our best to make things right for you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Billy Atlanta, GA

My system was installed about nine months ago, still waiting to finish the project. The sales rep,Leesa, originally told me I would be able to monitor my usage, that was never installed. During the install I wanted to add an additional battery and do whole home back up which solar edge made but, Powur wasn’t offering at the time is what I was told, just like they weren’t able to get me the Tesla system in Texas, according to Leesa, which is originally what I wanted. She informed me I could add in the extra battery, whole home back up and new inverter but would need a quote and an additional install. Ok, nine months later I am still waiting for a quote on the addition items I originally wanted and still no monitoring. I believe they use independent sales agents here in Texas and I don’t think that’s the best option as they can’t control their product. Leesa did put me I n touch with another electrician she uses but, he wasn’t interested in the add on and wanted to charge almost as much as the original install. Still not sure why she hasn’t just provided a quote through Powur...

Reply from Powur Solar

Hi Billy- Sorry to hear about your disappointment with your system. Just to clarify, production monitoring is available as a system feature and we will work to set that up for you. Additionally, battery systems are absolutely a feature you can pick out and adjust in the process of designing your system. Powur does with an incredible network of independent energy consultants in Texas as well as throughout the country and each independent energy consultant supports the homeowner throughout their solar journey. Every consultant is backed by Powur's systems and people. We have in contact and look forward to helping resolve your questions and concerns.

May. 28th, 2021

Steven Ramirez La Mesa, CA

I tried to be patient and understanding with this company. Upfront Zarko is a great salesman. I was promised 3 for panels to be installed. Took longer than expected. I was told that they submitted permit to city and were waiting. I checked in that same week and there was no report of permit attached to my address. Eventually panels were installed. Longer wait than expected. It wasn’t until after install that I noticed that they drilled holes through the open ceiling and is visible from inside my home (I can share pictures if anyone is interested) my beams were damaged and ceiling panels were cracked and broken in half. I reached out to powur and of course they are blaming the contractor that they paid and approved to do the installation on my roof. I had them come out and repair some of the ceiling and they just bonded the ceiling panels with wood glue and sanded it. My ceiling looks horrible and patchy with other cracked spots. There was recently a storm and we had a leak. They blamed the storm for tearing off panels and causing the leak. I don’t believe this as other reviews shows that they have damaged roofing panels before. I am currently reporting this company and contractor to state license board and may pursue legal representation as they do not want to remedy the damage “only what is solar related”. They damaged my whole roof and are denying to fix the leak. MICHEAL M is the rep that I have been speaking with regarding remedying this situation. I hope this long review helps someone. STAY AWAY FROM POWUR! Their 25year warranty is garbage and they will fight you every step of the way.

Reply from Powur Solar

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns privately and work with you to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. We always strive to communicate honestly and openly throughout and after the installation process. We value all feedback as it helps us continually improve and are very happy that you were satisfied with the end result. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We are always happy to help in any way we can.

Jun. 4th, 2021

Justin

Their customer service is lacking. Their communication skills need to be improved. Installation was pretty good.

Reply from Powur Solar

Sorry to hear that you did not have the best experience possible, we hope that you are enjoying your new system and saving money on your energy costs.

Amarjit

My bill is still high. It is almost a hundred dollar difference but they told me it was going to be more like a hundred and eighty dollars.

Reply from Powur Solar

Amarjit, sorry to hear that you are not getting the most saving possible, hope you are enjoying the extra $100 saving you have achieved.

Oscar

Everything was good. I was satisfied. They are really friendly and helpful.

Reply from Powur Solar

Thank you Oscar for your positive review!

Charlie

It is still not turned on yet. It has been negative overall working with them.

Reply from Powur Solar

Charlie, we are sorry to hear about your negative experience, I will let our Ops Team know about your feedback.

Thomas Lynch

After installation support has been nonexistent. They don’t help me at all. I am not really saving money and they left my roof open for leakage. What they offer is crap.

Chris

Great service, informative consultant, very competitive pricing

Reply from Powur Solar

Excellent, thank you for the positive review!

Sheldon Reece

Because my system still is not up and running. Nothing i was told have been done . I am very unsatisfied with the company and will not recommend them to anyone at this time.

Reply from Powur Solar

Hello Sheldon, we will get our Operations team to reach out to you and get these issues resolved.

Hyeong Gold Wilmington, NC

Great company, good prices, excellent 30-year full warranty, and the best customer service in North Carolina.

Reply from Powur Solar

Hey there Hyeong, we really appreciate you taking the time to spread the word about your experience! We’re thrilled you’ve decided to join the Powur family and that you’ve received the premium level of service we pride ourselves on. Enjoy your new solar system and enjoy your lower utility bill!

Mar. 23rd, 2022

Ricky Rivera

cant get ahold of anyone and there are leaks throughout the entire house

Reply from Powur Solar

Hello Ricky, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Powur, we pride ourselves in the promise of open and honest communication throughout your solar system installation. Customer service is at the forefront of everything we do, and we would like to turn your experience around. We would like some help finding a project in our system for you based on the information provided. If you need help as soon as possible, please contact us. Our customer success team is waiting to help you. Respectfully, Powur Customer Success Team 1-866-GO-POWUR

Nov. 16th, 2022

Marcial

I was disappointed in the followup of the installer and the support after its installed

Reply from Powur Solar

Marcial, this is not the kind of service we are known for and we apologize for the communication issues. I will reach out to our Ops Team and let them know your feedback.

Todd

The representative I am dealing is great but the electric company they use as a subcontractor to install my equipment is terrible.

Reply from Powur Solar

Sorry to hear that our installation partner did not live up to your expectations, I will let our Operations Team know about your feedback.

Emilyn

Customer support was helpful. Installation was fine. The equipment works okay.

Reply from Powur Solar

Thank you for your positive review!

Nadezda

Because it's been four months and I'm paying for solar panels that are still not connected or activated

Reply from Powur Solar

We apologize for any issues you are facing as a result of not being connected, I will send this feedback to our Ops Team.

James Walters Red Oak, TX

From the get go, its been a horrible experience. Numerous delays in getting the system installed, and the company is horrible about responding to requests. Have had the system installed for 3 months and already had several components replaced, but it's completely stopped working now and they aren't responding to my inquiries.

Reply from Powur Solar

Dear Mr. Walters, we are sorry to know that you had to experience this issue with your system and that your communication experience with us was not satisfactory. We apologize for the inconveniences caused. As mentioned through our email communications with you, on October 5th our service provider did a site visit to check your system. They were able to solve the issue you reported. Since then, your system is back up and running. The issue happened because your system required a firmware update. We are happy to report that the issue had nothing to do with the actual installation of your system. Please, know we always strive to provide a satisfactory resolution to any problems our customers could experience. If you have any other issues with your system in the future, please get in touch with us at [email protected] Also, based on your communication experience with us, we will make sure to improve it to provide an ever better experience. Thank you for your feedback.

Lawrence Richards Clermont, FL

Signed contract in October 2020 and salesperson said will be up and running in 6 weeks. Now Powur company Account Manager says may take 3 months or more That means in 2021 March or April. I may not be able to use IRS TAX CREDIT FOR 2020. AVOID THIS POWUR COMPANY GO WITH A BIGGER CORPORATION.

Reply from Powur Solar

We apologize for the delays but due to COVID restrictions many of the local permitting offices and installation crews are down staff and this is causing delays in installation completion.

Brenda

Customer support is fine and installation went smoothly.

Reply from Powur Solar

Thank you for your positive review!

Stephania Smith

Because we have had them for 2 months now and we're having nothing but trouble with thim

Reply from Powur Solar

Stephania, this is not acceptable to us, we will get our Operations Team to reach out to you to get your issues resolved.

Jose Hernandez

I have the same bill from the company electric

Reply from Powur Solar

Hello Jose, you should be seeing a reduction in the energy being pulled from the utility, if this is not the case please reach out to your Sales Consultant for details on how to read your new bill. Going solar does not eliminate receiving a paper bill from the utility, net metering should be occurring and you should see that reflected in the bill.

PRAKASH P San Diego, CA

Got my refund.. Thank you, Lana V. from Powur for excellent support.

Reply from Powur Solar

Thanks Prakash- We hope to support you on your project when you can move forward in the future. And yes we agree Lana is fantastic!

May. 24th, 2021

Because they took forever to complete the installation

Reply from Powur Solar

This is unfortunate, we apologize for any inconvenience this caused, hopefully you are enjoying your new system and saving money on your energy costs.

Roberto Valdez Jr

Because I'm still getting a light bill over $200

Reply from Powur Solar

This is unfortunate for sure, I will get one of our customer care folks to reach out to you.

Eduardo

Have not been able to use since it is not connected

Reply from Powur Solar

Eduardo, please reach out to the Sales Consultant that sold you the system in order to receive some guidance on usage of your system. If the utility gave you Permission to Operate then the system should be working.