Best Company Guarantee PosiGen Solar Solutions Logo

PosiGen Solar Solutions

7.3

LAST UPDATED: May 17th, 2024

PosiGen was founded in 2011 in New Orleans, Louisiana. The company helps residential and commercial customers save money by offering them solar PV systems, and energy-efficient upgrades to their homes and businesses.

Additionally, PosiGen prides itself on its community efforts to help improve the financial stability of low to moderate-income families that need it the most, including involvement with Habitat for Humanity.

PosiGen provides a variety of payment options in order to give people of all budgets the opportunity to benefit from solar technology.

Video Customer Reviews

Jessie Celeste Customer Review Video About PosiGen Solar Solutions

Jessie Celeste

The Good

• Quality Equipment
  • Solar Roofing Options
  • Lease or Purchase
  • Moving Options
  • Online Monitoring

Quality Equipment

PosiGen installs solar panel equipment from Silfab. Silfab solar panels sport an efficiency rating of just over 19 percent — for context, most solar panels fall in the range of 15 to 20 percent, with the industry leaders achieving as high as 22 to 23 percent. Additionally, Silfab solar panels come with an extended performance guarantee of 30 years, meaning the system will still produce sufficient solar power throughout its lifetime.

The solar energy company also sources its solar inverters through SolarEdge, the industry leader in solar inverter technology. SolarEdge's inverters average about 98 percent energy efficiency between the solar energy gathered by the solar panels and the electricity produced in the home.

Solar Roofing Options

If you need to replace your roof prior to your solar installation, solar roofing is an option worth looking into. PosiGen offers DecoTech and Timberline solar shingles installed by GAF Master Elite Certified Roofers. Most solar companies do not offer this newer technology as part of their product and service offerings.

Lease or Purchase

PosiGen offers two different payment models to help save on your utility bill: lease and purchase.

With a lease, PosiGen will install, maintain, and monitor the system at no upfront cost to you. Leases are a good option for customers who would like to save money on their electric bills each month but do not qualify for incentives or want the responsibility of owning a solar installation themselves. Credit score and income verification are not required for a 25-year lease agreement and system monitoring and maintenance are included for the life of the lease.

PosiGen says it will not recommend you enter a solar lease unless the company can guarantee you will save on your monthly energy costs in the first year after system activation.

Customers who are looking into renewable energy as an investment and would like to see a nice return will want to go the purchase route via cash or loan. Purchasing a solar system results in the ability to take advantage of tax credits and rebates. PosiGen gives an estimated upfront cost starting at $13,000, but your particular cost will depend on your location, property size, sunlight potential, and other factors.

Moving Options

PosiGen Solar Solutions provides a few different options for its customers in case they need to move while still under contract. The new homeowner can take on the agreement along with all obligations, Posigen can relocate the solar power system for a flat fee of $750, or you can cancel your lease and have the equipment removed for a flat fee of $600.

The fact that you are allowed to cancel your contract at any time and only have to pay a fraction of the system cost is quite generous of PosiGen and should be recognized as a unique benefit.

Online Monitoring

PosiGen provides web-based system monitoring for 12 years for solar system purchases and for the lifetime of the system for leasing customers.

A monitoring system allows customers to see their savings, energy storage, and system performance in real-time to assess how much energy their system is producing, as well as how much they are using. This helps customers to make any necessary corrections in a timely manner, cut back on their consumption if needed, and save even more money.

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Undisclosed Warranties
  • Undisclosed Solar Battery Brands

Limited Availability

Currently, PosiGen's service area is limited to New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and areas of the Gulf South.

While a limited service area is in no way an indictment on the company's customer service, installation practices, or quality of product, it can disadvantage PosiGen against nationally recognized companies with more well-known reputations. Leveraging verified reviews from actual customers can be an effective way to help solar companies like PosiGen stand out from the crowd.

Undisclosed Warranties

PosiGen does not disclose specific information on its equipment and workmanship warranties. These warranties protect the customer against product defects and installation errors.

Undisclosed Solar Battery Brands

While PosiGen does offer solar batteries, the company does not say which brand(s) it uses in installation.

The Bottom Line

Available in a handful of states, PosiGen offers both lease and purchase options to help customers save on their electric bills. Additionally, there are a variety of options to choose from in the event that you need to move while under contract.

PosiGen is worth looking into if you're in the market for solar panels or solar shingles. And as an added perk, PosiGen offers a zero-cost home energy audit which will help you pinpoint areas of inefficiency that could benefit from fixes and upgrades.

Call our recommended rep over at PosiGen Solar Solutions below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More About Our Guarantee

4.1

bookmark

Featured Review

Tonie Bowden Metairie, LA

I had a very positive experience with PosiGen and have referred my friends to them because of the savings I incurred. My monthly bills were definitely reduced by about 50% in the summer and maybe 30% in the winter. Even paying the leasing fee didn't not raise my monthly. I am happy with them.

bookmark

Featured Review

Linda Howard New Orleans, LA

I have had these solar panels for 8 months and yes I can see a significant change in my entergy bill costs. I would truly recommend PosiGen Solar Solutions

2 years ago Edited August 12, 2022

Susan

I had a great experience with the service. Every time I called, they responded immediately and the team was efficient and unobtrusive. They were in and out in half a day, leaving everything clean and neat. It was a smooth process from start to finish. I would definitely recommend their services to others. Can't wait to finish up the rest of the project with them.

Patricia

I chose to work with PosiGen after seeing my neighbor's positive experience. I haven't needed customer support yet, but the installation process was smooth. My neighbor rated their experience a 5, and I would do the same based on what I've seen so far. I trust PosiGen based on my neighbor's satisfaction and look forward to enjoying the benefits of their services.

Mart

I am extremely pleased with the smooth and efficient service provided by the entire team. The work was completed as expected and the quality is outstanding. While I can't compare it to other solar systems, I believe it is of great quality in my opinion.

Victor

The technician arrived promptly to install the new hook-up, but unfortunately, the job was not completed as expected. It's frustrating that the service was not fully provided, leaving me unable to test if it's working properly.

Edwardo

The service was excellent overall, but there were delays due to city and electrical company procedures. The company itself was not the issue. The process involved the city needing to make changes, including the electrical company changing the meter. Despite these delays, the service was excellent, and I would rate it highly.

Walter

Jonathan, our dedicated salesman, has been a pillar of support throughout our journey. With everything falling into place, he made our dreams a reality. Communication has been clear and smooth, with no hiccups. While the installation is pending, our experience so far has been exceptional.

Orlando

The service has been satisfactory so far. It's only been a couple of days since the power was turned on, so it's too early to give a full assessment, but everything seems to be working smoothly. Overall, I'm happy with the service provided.

Michelle

I have had a positive experience overall with the product, although there have been some delays in responses to calls and messages. The installation has not been done yet, so I cannot comment on that. The service has been good, but some issues remain unresolved.

Reginald

The product is not fully operational yet, so I can't provide a detailed review. The customer service representative mentioned that it's not connected and they are not up and running. I was unable to get my questions answered due to this issue. I will have to wait until the product is fully operational to give a fair assessment.

Carl

My experience with the electric company and PosiGen had some hiccups due to a disconnect in service installation. Everything was fine initially until there was an issue with a connection, and I had to wait all day for the technician to return. I'm still unsure about the service as it has just been turned on.

Stefferny

I found the process of scheduling my appointment a bit challenging, but overall, I am impressed with the service. The staff was very courteous and accommodating. Although I haven't experienced the full service yet, I have high hopes based on the initial interactions. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Walter

I appreciate the service provided for officers, but it's been challenging to reach you at times. Signing onto the app has been a struggle. Overall, the service has been good, with only minor issues encountered.

Joseph

I had a positive experience with the customer service, very efficient and smooth. No gimmicks or holdbacks. Haven't received any bills yet, but everything seems good so far.

Thomas

I recently had a service done by this company, and overall, I had a positive experience. The response time was a bit slow, taking almost six months, but the service itself was efficient and the workers were clean. I haven't received a full bill yet, so I can't speak to the cost, but whenever I called, they were helpful. Overall, I would recommend them based on my experience.

Thomas

I had a terrible experience with this company. They kept changing coordinators, so I couldn't get a hold of anyone. It was a mess - nobody knew what was happening, no communication within the organization. As a result, we didn't get the product installed and we don't even use their equipment. Stay away from this company, it's been a complete disaster.

Dian

I recently had a frustrating experience with customer service. It was difficult to communicate clearly, and I left feeling dissatisfied with the service provided.

Noel

I had a positive experience with the sales rep from PosiGen, who kept me updated throughout the process and was responsive to my calls. They promptly addressed any issues that arose and ensured that the equipment was of good quality. Overall, I was satisfied with their service and would recommend them for their professionalism and customer service.

Jon

Communication lacking from other companies I've dealt with. Relatively smooth process except for crew confusion. Can't compare to other solar companies.

Valerie Glassboro, NJ

My representative, "Charlie," was very responsive and was able to get my solar panels installed pretty quickly. One of the questions below asks how long from time of signing contract did it take to install. My actual answer is more than 9 months. No fault of Charlie's. The initial representative that came to my house, no longer worked for the company. I was left hanging. I ran into Charlie at my cousin's house. Explained my situation to him, and he did some research, took me on and my panels were installed within 2 months! I still leave a 5 star rating, solely because of Charlie!

Richard Occhiuto Southbury, CT

Starting with sales, and continuing thru installation, the entire process was handled very professionally and in an organized manner. But the best part is that since I received my 1st bill (April 2023) I have had a credit from the electric company (Eversource) each month (Mar thru June) for a total 3 month credit of approximately $600 - and that is with me using about 16,000kWh pers year which was costing me about $5,000 per year. So I strongly recommend speaking to Posigen if you are considering solar.

Naydi Mobile, AL

So far no issues. The process is long and tedious. Too many inspections and some of them are done for the same thing. For example I had a company come out to do an inspection. They noted that I needed insulation in my attic. Then another company came and it was for another inspection and came to the same conclusion, that I needed insulation. All this took about 2 months before they finally did the insulation.

Ignatius

The installation process went smoothly overall, although there were some delays with getting the system up and running. Communication between the town, utilities, and the installation team could have been better to avoid these delays. However, once everything was in place, the system worked well and the team was punctual and efficient. Overall, I would rate the experience positively.

Mart

They know what they're doing. The second time around somebody called me to try to check in and see if the first team came and did what needed to be done and they came and they saw that it was done well and properly done. In my opinion it's great quality. It went very smooth. All the team came and they did what it needed to be done and got it done the one day. It was done it was expected. The response is very fast.

Larry

I had a great experience with their customer service - they always answered my calls promptly and referred me to another person when needed. The installation was done professionally and quickly, and I was completely satisfied with the work. However, I was hoping to provide energy for all three apartments but could only do so for one. Overall, I give it a 4-star rating, as it's too early to judge its performance fully until I receive a bill and see how it holds up in different weather conditions.

Filip

The process from start to finish was seamless and efficient. I was kept informed every step of the way, ensuring I knew what was happening and how the project was progressing. The installation was completed quickly and easily, and I was never left in the dark. My bill has significantly decreased, making it a highly cost-effective solution. I am extremely satisfied with the service provided.

Roy

I had a positive experience with the solar panel company. They responded quickly and efficiently, although there was a slight delay in activation. The customer support was helpful and responsive. The installation team was confused at first but resolved the issue promptly. Overall, my electric bill has significantly decreased, and I am satisfied with the service.

Elizabeth

The installation process went smoothly overall, but there was a slight hiccup with communication about the installer. The use of text messages was helpful, but the confusion caused a delay. However, once resolved, everything went well without any issues. Since this was my first experience, I can't compare it to anything else.

Marlena

My experience with the company has been mixed. While the installation process was lengthy due to coordination issues between different companies, everything eventually fell into place. However, the communication, especially with new customers, needs improvement. I was promised a link to monitor my panels but never received it. Despite the system working fine, the lack of communication is why I wouldn't give a higher rating. I hope for better communication in the future.

Nicole

I am extremely satisfied with the service provided by the company. Whenever I have a question or concern, there is always someone available to help me. The installation team was efficient and took care of everything, even completing the installation earlier than expected. The system is already up and running smoothly, and I appreciate the fact that I don't have to worry about maintenance. If I ever need assistance, there are tutorials on the app and customer support is readily available. Overall, I am very pleased with the entire process and the performance of the system.

Jo

I had a positive experience with the company. They were great at communicating and understanding my situation with a homeless tenant. Despite being far away, they kept to schedule and expedited the process to provide solar relief energy. I appreciate their attentiveness and hope for a smooth outcome for the tenant.

Karen

I was initially hesitant about the solar panels due to slow responses, but once the installation began, everything went smoothly. The panels look great and were professionally installed without any damage to my roof. As a first-time solar panel user, I can't speak to their quality, but overall, the experience was positive and I am satisfied with the outcome.

Jonathan

My experience with the installation was initially great, with excellent workmanship and efficient technicians. However, I am now facing issues with getting a meter for my house after it was inspected three weeks ago. Despite the initial positive experience, the lack of communication and unresolved meter issue has left me frustrated and at a loss. I am in the dark about the status of my system and feel like I am being left in the lurch. I need urgent assistance to address this situation and provide me with the necessary information and equipment.

Christopher

I had a great experience with the company. Everything went smoothly and the team was courteous and clean. The equipment looks great, although it's only been a week since activation. The panels on my roof look well-installed. Overall, I'm pleased with the service and product.

Warren

I recently started using this product and so far, my experience has been positive. The setup process was smooth and I appreciate the guidance provided. The equipment seems excellent, although I haven't had it for long to give a comprehensive review. The weight is a minor issue, but overall, it hasn't been a problem. I look forward to providing a more detailed review once I've had more time to use it.

11 months ago Edited January 10, 2024

The customer service was good, but the installation process was problematic and had to be redone. However, I can't provide a full rating as I'm unsure about the quality of their equipment compared to other providers.

Guy

I recently had a positive experience with the installation team who arrived on time and completed the work efficiently. The crew was friendly and easy to communicate with throughout the process. While it's only been a month since the installation, I can't compare the quality to others yet, so I would say it's average for now. Overall, I had no issues and everything went smoothly.

Tyrese

The representative, Benita, was excellent at explaining things and stayed in constant communication. Any concerns or questions were quickly addressed through phone calls or text messages. The project hasn't started yet, but we just received final inspection clearance. Looking forward to the installation and seeing the final product.

Demetrius

I was highly satisfied with the service provided. The installation was efficient and completed as promised. The team was professional, meeting all my expectations. The quality of work was excellent, and the process was smooth without any delays. I appreciated the quick and easy service, with no time wasted. Overall, a great experience with top-notch quality.

Suzanne

The salesperson was helpful, but encountered obstacles during the installation process. Wires and debris were left behind, delaying connection setup. As a finance professional, rating the equipment is challenging without expertise. Overall, the experience was not as smooth as expected, and lack of knowledge about solar technology made it difficult to assess the quality of the service and equipment.

Ryant

The installation process for my solar panels was a bit rough as it got cancelled on the scheduled day, causing me to miss work. However, when the team finally arrived, they did a fantastic job. The equipment looks good, but since it's not activated yet, I can't fully assess its performance. Overall, I'm satisfied with the service, despite the initial hiccup with the installation scheduling.

Richard

The crew that worked on my house was exceptional, professional, and went above and beyond. However, communication with the administrative staff was lacking, causing some issues. Overall, the product and crew were fantastic, but customer support and communication need improvement. Despite this, the equipment is working well, and I am satisfied with the results so far.

Ferdinand

The service provided was excellent. All my questions were answered, and there were no other issues. The process went smoothly, they were punctual, neat, and cleaned up well. Everything seems to be going well, although I can't confirm as I haven't been present when it was turned on. Overall, I am satisfied with the service.

Francisco

I was extremely satisfied with the installation of the data system. The technicians arrived in the morning and had everything set up by the evening. The equipment seems to be of good quality, although I'm not an expert. All my neighbors have the same system, which gives me confidence in its reliability. Overall, the installation process was efficient and the system appears to be working well.

Rely

I was very satisfied with the service provided by the team. They went above and beyond to ensure my system was properly installed and functioning correctly. The process was seamless, and the system works exceptionally well, even on cloudy days. I am consistently generating a significant amount of electricity. I highly recommend their services for anyone looking to install solar panels.

Matthew

The communication throughout the process was excellent, with a team of about five or six guys efficiently completing the job in two to three hours. Each team member had their own specific task, and they worked smoothly together. Overall, I was highly satisfied with the service provided.

Joseph

I had a great experience with the solar installation company. The communication was seamless, and the installation team was professional and thorough. They made sure the installation was done correctly and not visible from the outside. While I can't rate the equipment side, I would give them a high rating based on everything else they represented.

Kewscha Akpabio Philadelphia, PA

Fantastic installation process, however the customer facing components (installation and monitoring apps, customer service contact process) are very cumbersome and need a lot of work. The installation took a few months, but I will be dealing with the monitoring and customer service aspects for a very long time and the frustration involved in those will eventually erode the positive impression that was initially set.

Cheng Fang Piscataway, NJ

I signed the purchase contract last year this time and the whole process took me more than a year to finish (the system is not activating yet). Several times the company submit the application with wrong parameters and the government/utility company denies the application and needs to resubmit. After a 9 month-long wait, finally I had my solar systems installed on my roof and then another long wait starts. I had my systems installed on April and right now almost three months gone, it is not activated yet. I called Posigen this Tuesday regarding my status and they told me they will follow up with the utility company and get the final approval ASAP and ensure me that I will receive the text/email update by Thursday. When I called in again on Friday, the representative told me that they have still not followed up with the utility company yet and let me wait for a longer time. The hottest season is almost over and my system is not running yet. If you are looking for a company that will finish all the process within a year, please avoid posigen and try some other companies because right now I don't know how long I still need to wait until my system will be running.