PosiGen Solar Solutions Logo

PosiGen Solar Solutions

2.8

PosiGen was founded in 2011 in New Orleans, Louisiana. The company helps its residential and commercial customers save money by providing them with solar PV systems, solar hot water systems, and energy-efficient upgrades to their homes and businesses. Additionally, PosiGen prides itself on its efforts to help improve the financial stability of low to moderate income families that need it the most. PosiGen provides a variety of payment options in order to give people of all budgets the opportunity to benefit from solar technology.

The Good

• Quality Equipment
  • Payment Options
  • Moving Options
  • Online Monitoring

Quality Equipment

PosiGen installs solar panel equipment from Silfab. Silfab solar panels sport an efficiency rating of just over 19 percent — for context, most solar panels fall in the range of 15 to 20 percent, with the industry leaders achieving as high as 22 to 23 percent. Additionally, Silfab solar panels come with an extended performance guarantee of 30 years, meaning the system will still produce sufficient solar power throughout its lifetime.

The solar energy company also sources its solar inverters through SolarEdge, the industry leader in solar inverter technology. SolarEdge's inverters average about 98 percent energy efficiency between the solar energy gathered by the solar panels and the electricity produced in the home.

Payment Options

PosiGen offers two different payment options to help save on your utility bill: lease and purchase. With a lease, PosiGen will install, maintain, and monitor the system at no upfront cost to you. Leases are a good option for customers who would like to save money on their electric bills each month but do not qualify for incentives or want the responsibility of owning a solar installation themselves. Customers who are looking into renewable energy as an investment and would like to see a nice return may want to go the purchase route. Purchasing a solar system results in the ability to take advantage of tax credits and rebates.

Moving Options

Posigen Solar Solutions provides a few different options for its customers in case they need to move while still under contract. The new homeowner can take on the agreement along with all obligations, Posigen can relocate the solar power system for a flat fee of $750, or you can cancel your lease and have the equipment removed for a flat fee of $600. The fact that you are allowed to cancel your contract at any time and only have to pay a fraction of the system cost is quite generous of Posigen and should be recognized as a unique benefit.

Online Monitoring

PosiGen does provide web-based system monitoring. In most cases, a monitoring system will allow customers to see their savings, energy storage, and system performance in real-time because it shows them how much energy their system is producing, as well as how much they are using. This helps customers to make any necessary corrections in a timely manner, cut back on their consumption if needed, and save even more money.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Currently, PosiGen's service area is limited to Louisiana, New Jersey, and Connecticut. While a limited service area is in no way an indictment on the company's customer service, installation practices, or quality of product, it can disadvantage PosiGen against nationally recognized companies with more well-known reputations. Leveraging verified reviews from actual customers can be an effective way to help solar companies like PosiGen stand out from the crowd.

Undisclosed Warranties

PosiGen does not disclose specific information on it equipment and workmanship warranties. These warranties protect the customer against product defects and installation errors.

The Bottom Line

Available in three states, PosiGen offers both lease and purchase options to help customers save on their electric bill. Additionally, there are a variety of options to choose from in the event that you need to move while under contract. However, the company has received a large number of negative customer reviews online, which is definitely something to consider if you are thinking about going solar with PosiGen.

View Best Solar Companies

2.7

Jacqueline Thevis Opelousas, LA

Posigen agents are nearly impossible to get in touch with. The automated phone system is horrible in that every time I was put on "hold" it sent me back to the main menu with a no less than 30 minute wait to have the same thing happen again. I wanted the panels removed so I could have my roof changed and requested they mount the panels elsewhere because I didn't want to put them back once my metal roof was installed. No one could agree on what the charge would be although it is clearly stated in my contract. They ultimately gave me a price to permanently remove the panels of $1800! I paid it on February 3, 2021. Posigen drafted the monthly fee from my account on February 17th. I understand that the panels are still on my roof but it is not my problem that they cannot schedule removal except approximately 3 weeks from the paid date!! This is only an example of their very poor customer service and problems with how the company functions. Very BAD investment!!!

Emily Alfred Opelousas, LA

In December I detected meter was not registering & had not for 4 months.so I had not been receiving credits. Metal showed Error 105. After trying for days, waiting sometimes an entire hour, I finally did & technician came & determined a part needed changing which took about 3 weeks. For the past 4 days, I have been on the phone all day trying to get credit for the Four & a half months I received no service, plus the 79.00 monthly charge even though the meter was not working. Upon dialing I am put on hold. After about an hour, the receptionist assures me that she is connecting me to a supervisor.. Instead I am sent back to the music & “ Calls will be answered in one minute & forty seconds “.over & over again. Emails have been dents & phone number has been left for return call. I have been directed to Ricardo, William and Robert in the Baton Rouge Office who all either did not return my call. Today, Robert kept me on the phone supposedly getting same information I have given over and over and then said he had researched the situation and credit would be given, however, he needed to check with some woman and he would call me Right back. That was at 10 am. , it is now 9pm. I refuse to allow them to Scam me and wily seek legal counsel. Please help me plaster PiosGen name all over Social Media

melaninlioness kish Fort Worth, TX

Please don't use this company. It is a rip-off. You'll be waiting for over 30 minutes for help. I wished my father didn't sign a contract for 25 years.

Ashton Hayne New Orleans, LA

While sales rep said process would take 4-6 months, it did take a full 6 months. Since then my electric bill has been very cheap and the energy efficiency even made my gas bill go down in the winter by 30%. While getting to the right person in company be better, I now know who my account manager is if I have questions. I really like the cheaper bills through efficiency and clean energy. The biggest benefit was I was never out of pocket any money. They also had a great special ...$20 for first 6 months

jose rosario Hartford, CT

My mother had solar installed by our sales consulate mike m, he originally knocked on my mother door she is elderly. Talked to my mother about the benefits of solar, she was interested and agreed to a meeting. One thing I liked was he asked my mother to have a family member or someone she trusted to be there also. Since she is elderly going over solar and signing contract with her would be a little shady, but he requested for someone to be at the meeting. The first meeting I couldn't make so he rescheduled around my schedule which I liked again also. The way he explained solar was a very easy to follow but went into much detail. I'm writing this review because I like mike ma's professionalism and honest constative approach to offering the benefits of solar. Posigen has the lowest rates in the industry and 20 locked in price, with winterization and state of ct home energy incentivizes. No other solar company does all these services with the lowest rate.

Elizabeth A Newell Metairie, LA

I just got the panels installed yesterday. There were two installers and a "helper" of sorts. It was quick. The panels were up in just an hour and half! The crew was friendly and made no mess in the yard - even though the equipment was full of those little plastic baggies! They were finished and left peacefully. Can't wait to see the savings! Not only am I thrilled to finally own my home, but also own my carbon footprint and use less energy while making energy! What could you not be happy with ?!?! GEAUX SOLAR! You'll feel proud of yourself!

Evron Davis Bridgeport, CT

My husband was reluctant about getting solar panels on our home. He is so happy that he shows our bill to company and brags on how much money we save on electricity. Our bill went from $250-300/monthly to an average of $20/month. Posigen's program is Great !!!!!! No money down, No minimum Credit Score or Minimum Income requirement. I like the fact that Solar is available and affordable to everyone. This a wonderful program.

Jonathan Langley Metairie, LA

PosiGen was communicative throughout the entire process. They ensured I would save money before installing and have kept there word through install. The install itself was very quick, but the utility company took awhile to complete the final steps. PosiGen worked with me, helping me to understand the process, and was able to turn my system on. I'm saving money, which was the promise, and I recommend it.

Joann Smith Stamford, CT

A Posigen Sales Rep knocked on my door and told me about their program. I was a little unsure about it, because other companies told me I didn't qualify, because of my credit. We booked the appointment for 2 Days later. He came and explained the program in details. We got the process started. It took about 4 weeks to get my panels up. My city inspector will be here over the Couple weeks for inspections. One the best decisions I have made. My bill is locked in for 20 years with no 2.9% escalator. I Highly Recommend Posigen Solar.

Jacqueline Castillo Rocky Hill, CT

Sale Rep came last year to my house. He straight up told me my roof was in mint condition and I would not have to replace my roof for another 20 years. I had mayor leak damages a year later cost me $12,000. I called Posigen paid them $1800 to remove the solar panels. The roof has been replaced about 4 weeks ago. Big chief called me and i told him i don't want the panels. He stated he will call me back and i constantly continue to call him and no responds. I'm being charged the monthly fee i don't have the panels and I'm still waiting for a responce. It has been about 3 weeks t calling posigen & know no one has had the decensy to call me back. I have nothing positive to say about there customer service. Jacqueline Castillo

Robert D. Romance Jr. New Orleans, LA

A customer for 7yrs and some months and counting. February 2020 a electrical problem with wiring could have caused home to catch fire if not for a observant neighbor. Reported incident and company sent repair crew rather quickly to repair the equipment. Damage to home wall not as quickly but not long afterwards. No one could explain why this occurred. In August 2020 a leak was detected in my bedroom ceiling during a lengthy rainy period in our area. Upon inspection I discovered multiple leaks between rafters and roof. Reported to Posigen because the leaks were under where the panels were installed. Rather than come and inspect I was immediately told the price to remove and reinstall the panels. I was then instructed to find a roofer and get estimates. Only after this was done did they send a crew to inspect and attempt to repair. It is 10/2020 and the roof is still leaking.

Tonie Bowden Metairie, LA

I had a very positive experience with PosiGen and have referred my friends to them because of the savings I incurred. My monthly bills were definitely reduced by about 50% in the summer and maybe 30% in the winter. Even paying the leasing fee didn't not raise my monthly. I am happy with them.

Cesily Roberts New Orleans, LA

My husband and I are extremely pleased with the amount we’re saving every month since our solar panels were installed. We’re also very impressed with the energy efficiency improvements Posigen made to our home. We’re so grateful to Lori K for suggesting solar panels to us. We wouldn’t have participated without her expertise and guidance.

Lillie & Gala La Baud Marrero, LA

My mother and I have posigen solar panels and we are very satisfied with the results. Our energy bills have been much lower. Thank you Posigen for the great service. We recommend that everyone get solar panels from your company. Good job on the commercial Kim Y.

Susan Bridgeport, CT

I had my solar panels installed by PosiGen with no downpayment and no income or credit score requirement. I am very pleased with the entire process and have been enjoying a significant savings on my utility bill. Hooray for PosiGen!!!

Dan McGovern Hamden, CT

Sales Rep was OnTime *Yeah* Important to me because I am In Sales Instalation Crew was Amazing Went without a Hitch Significant Savings on my electric bill No Problem recommding PosiGen

John Hamden, CT

So far Posigen sucks, they came and only hooked up the panels which was expected but they left nails, 3 inch screws, cut wires, and trash on my lawn, I have 1 child and 1 on the way, that's dangerous especially now with the snow coming and my child is playing in the snow. I called them and heard nothing back, I called again and was told someone would call me and no one has. They were done in 3 hours so I can only imagine how messed up those panles are since they left a mess in my yard. We are the only ones now on this block with solar, you would think they would want to do a model job, then the electrician unwraps his cigar and throws his wrapper on my yard, this after i made him a cup of coffee, they also knocked 3 screens out of my gutter and they noticed because i watched them point at them as they were leaving so i went out to see what they pointed at and thats when i noticed my screens were knocked out of position, just a lack of respect all around. Wish I could give negative stars

Diana Brown Morgan City, LA

Solar is a scam Youre lease purchasing panels for $65 a month and you generate $5 in credit on your light bill... how has this helped you? It hasn't! These 5 star reviews are fake. Just bought a house with solar panels, I saw the bills. I wanted panels removed before I purchased, they were, the DAY BEFORE closing. Posigen left gaping holes from brackets and loose shingles. After some phone calls Posigen came back, laid some new loose shingles and flex taped some holes but still left other holes, excuse was they ran out of shingles. Notice I said loose, meaning you can lift them all the way up with your hand. So then some big dawg Posigen fast talking idiot tells me that shingles are supposed to be loose lol! I now must replace my entire roof because they arent ever going to do it right and I refuse to spend the next year arguing with them. That cost is $8,275. Im asking Posigen to cover $4,000 of it, $2000 for each side they had panels on. Again this big dawg idiot tells me the panels didnt mess up the whole side, he just wants to pay for repairs where the brackets were. Smh, this company is ran by hood rats. I am going to sue.

Robert Epstein Cheshire, CT

Received a call from this organization today to setup an appointment. It was an awful experience and perhaps is the poster child of how not to approach a customer. First they asked me for my electric company pin so they could verify all the information I was providing. Then the agent got very agitated when I refused to provide my pin but offered to provide a copy of my bill. I was then given to a "floor manager" who tried to setup a call with one of his technicians and was told that my wife needed to attend the meeting, which they offered to do at 8:00PM. Told him that would not work for me and he became very angry. Just based on this I would suggest that people in Connecticut stay away.

Jim Bridgeport, CT

I was contracted with Posi Gen to install a system of 24 panel after 6 or more visits from sales and installers and approx. a year later they told me my roof was to small. I have contacted a couple other solar installers and I do have solar installed on my roof now and they were able to install 30 panels of the same size as posi gen. I believe the company needs people that know what there talking about they seem to be more interested in getting referrals from you in which I had given them 2 and both took the system 1 is some what happy the other still has roof leaks 1 1/2 years later. Hope the review helps

Filipe Freitas Lafayette, LA

This company has been ridiculous. I signed an agreement with them about 8 months ago. Have gotten no helpful updates, and then today they send me a text saying that they are coming tomorrow to start the install. When I called them back to ask a couple of questions they said that parts of the deal could not be honored anymore because they took too long to install. When I said that I would not go forward with the deal because of their lousy service, the girl (Julie) was incredibly dismissive. I would not do business or recommend this company. Seems like I dodged a bullet.

Lillian Stone Scotland, CT

Posigen Solar Was Not A Good Fit They Pitched Solar Savings On Dec 2017 In My Home. I Agreed And Ever Since That Day It Has Been One Problem After Next. There Is Flooding In My Basement And I do Not Recommend This For Anyone. Posigen Refuses To Fix The Damages That They Caused And I'm Still Paying Monthly My Bills Have Went Up Tremendously. Sincerely Lillian Stone Scotland Ct

Tenda Caldwell Houma, LA

They are straight scammers. My bill went up $3,000 in one month. They promised that the summer months I would see a lot of savings. Guess what. I saved only $40! They are liars, now they say it is Entergy's problem. No one will even answer the phone. I want out of this lease. I tried to at first, and they wouldn't let me. Now this is a mess and I am having to get a lawyer because no one at the office will respond to me.

Sharon Jackson sales representative New Orleans, LA

Well; what we all look for is lower cost on energy. My cost has been great! One of the most important moves made in my life

Antoinette Hamilton New Orleans, LA

I am not satisfied with PosiGen Solar Solutions at the time also. My first problem was that the installer was foreign, and could not speak much English. He damaged my gutters when climbing on my roof. I asked him if he was gonna fix it before he leave, but did not. I have had two bills since having my panels installed and my bill is still the same. I see no change in my bill. But now i'm locked into a 20 year contract. You decide.

Neel Sus New Orleans, LA

Love them! Friendly sales staff and great savings on my power bill. Both the solar and energy upgrades they did were great!

Willie Smith

My panels was off for 20 days due to a power outage and my electric bill went from $194.00 to $313.17. I called and spoke with a lady name Ms.J and she offered me a free month of not paying my $69.00 a month payment to them for one month. Then her supervisor called and he offered me a refund of my last payment of $19.00.I'm sorry I ever deal with PosiGen

Marilyn New Orleans, LA

My light bill has gone up by about 75% since I received the panels. I don't think they are working half of the time and every time I call I am told that they are working I am just using more. Well I got my June bill in which it was $310 and I have been in my home for 7 years and have never had a bill that high even before the panels. My boys were in Vegas for the whole month of June and my husband and I traveled so we weren't home much at all and my light bill has increased by $100 I hate to see if we were home.

Tammy Betz Bloomingburg, NY

my Solaris only worked for two months out of a year n half I had them. Every time I call they say will send out a Tec n never see one. All they have to offer is waving my monthly payment. Now I'm selling my house I have to pay 1800 to remove the garbage. They should remove the garbage for free. This company is no good beware of them.

E B May New Orleans, LA

So far not good. They installed the Panels on my house without giving me advance notice. Now I am trying to get them to connects them and the Installers always have a problem. They said they came to my house but they didn't, caused my husband to miss work. I am still trying to reschedule them. Poor customer service

Paul Stewart

Worst decision of my life, now I am stuck with a leaky roof due to a bad installation. Poor customer service. I was even told by a Posigen installer that this was the worse install they ever seen. Lisa (co owner) offered me a 5K leasing credit but will NOT fix my roof.

Janis Bellow Houma, LA

I am not seeing the difference in my utility bill while paying $65.00 per month to this company. My total expense is appx. $400.00 for two people in the home. I have 24 panels, my home is elevated and there are no trees blocking the panels from the sun.

sarah morales Guilford, CT

Poseigen-business office is terrible.They canceled my appointment but never called and told me.I waited a half hour before calling them and finding out.

Tammy Troy, NY

Great company! Great sales rep! Easy to contact.