Momentum Solar

6.0

LAST UPDATED: October 17th, 2022

In business since 2009 and headquartered in Metuchen, New Jersey, Momentum Solar is a solar energy contractor that sells and installs solar panels to businesses and homeowners in New Jersey, New York, Florida, Texas, and Connecticut.

With over 1200 employees, it is one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and specializes in providing customized solar power system installations for both residential and commercial properties and enabling clients to produce affordable, renewable energy while helping preserve the environment. Momentum Solar strives to achieve a 100 percent solar offset for its customers to maximize monetary savings and increase clean energy generation that reduces harmful carbon emissions.

Momentum Solar manages the entire customer lifecycle of its projects, including the sale, design, engineering, permitting, installation, and activation of each solar system, in an effort to provide great customer service and make the process as seamless as possible.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about Momentum Solar, as well as view Momentum Solar reviews from real customers.

SunPower Logo
#1 SunPower chevron_right
ADT Solar Logo
#2 ADT Solar chevron_right

The Good

• Multiple Payment Options, Including $0 Down
  • Customized Solar PV Systems
  • Simple, Straightfoward Solar Process
  • High Quality Solar Power Equipment
  • Convenient Online Payment Option
  • Long-Term Price Protection
  • Warranties
  • Maintenance and Monitoring
  • Moving Options
  • Solid Track Record

Multiple Payment Options, Including $0 Down

On Momentum Solar's website, the company states that it offers $0 down options in every state where it operates, and $0 down, $0 out-of-pocket options in the majority of states where it operates.

Available methods of payment include cash purchase, solar loan, solar lease, and Power Purchase Agreement (PPA). Purchase and loan options allow customers to take full advantage of the federal solar tax credit. Momentum Solar will sync up with each homeowner to discuss the best financial options for their specific situation.

Customized Solar PV Systems

Momentum Solar understands that each customer has a unique home, lifestyle, and budget and strives to provide a personalized solution and experience for each individual customer. The solar energy company provides a custom photovoltaic system, and designs, engineers, and installs each system to maximize energy output, electric bill savings, and aesthetic appeal while also lowering carbon footprint.

Simple, Straightforward Solar Process

When a customer chooses to have a solar energy system installed by Momentum Solar, they can expect the process to be as follows:

1. Pre-qualification
  2. Free, no-obligation consultation
  3. Solar enrollment for qualified homeowners
  4. Site assessment, design, permitting, and solar installation
  5. Final inspection and activation

High Quality Solar Power Equipment

For its solar systems, Momentum Solar offers a premium solar module variety; technology for maximized production; and streamlined, lightweight, and durable racking.

The company provides a solar cell selection from solar industry–leading manufacturers, including LG, QCELLS, Longi, REC, Trina, and Hyundai, and inverters produced by Enphase.

Convenient Online Payment Option

Momentum Solar gives customers the option to quickly and conveniently make payments online with a click of a button. To do this, customers simply need to visit the company's website, fill out a short form, and make the payment.

Long-Term Price Protection

Momentum Solar offers long-term price predictability so that customers will know they're paying for electricity today, tomorrow, and for the next 20 years that they have a solar PV system.

Warranties

Momentum Solar provides its customers with a 25-year equipment warranty to cover parts, as well as a 25-year workmanship warranty to cover the work of each solar installer it employs. Customers can be confident that their solar array will be protected under these warranties.

Maintenance and Monitoring

Momentum Solar offers complimentary system maintenance and monitoring with each of its commercial and residential solar systems, which helps to ensure that the system is always functioning optimally.

The company provides monitoring services through Enphase MyEnlighten, which allows customers to verify their system's health and performance; view energy production by month, day, or hour; analyze performance against historical weather data; and share performance information on social medial platforms from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet, or computer.

Moving Options

If a customer needs to sell their home while still under contract, Momentum Solar will allow them to transfer their solar agreement to the new homeowners. The company's customer experience team can walk the customer through the entire process and will help them to complete the transfer. Momentum Solar boasts a 100 percent success rate with system transfers.

Solid Track Record

Momentum Solar has more than a decade of experience in the solar industry and has undergone significant growth over that period. The company now has more than 1,200 employees and has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. several times.

The Bad

No NABCEP Certification

Momentum Solar does not appear to have a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). The NABCEP is widely regarded as one of the most important certification programs in the solar industry. NABCEP-certified status indicates that a solar company has taken additional steps to train its personnel in the best practices and lastest developments in solar installation. While the omission of this certification does not imply poor quality on the part of the company, its presence can sometimes be the difference-maker for a customer comparing multiple solar options.

The Bottom Line

Momentum Solar is one of the fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and offers a number of attractive features for individuals looking to take advantage of renewable energy, including multiple payment options, a straightforward solar installation process, customized design, high quality equipment, online payments, long-term price protection, and warranties.

However, the residential solar company's area of operation is currently limited to California, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida, Texas, and Connecticut, so individuals who live elsewhere are unable to receive a solar panel installation from Momentum Solar at this time.

If you live within the company's service area and are interested in utilizing solar PV to lower your dependence on fossil fuel, Momentum Solar may be a good fit. We recommend reading Momentum Solar reviews from real customers below for more information. We also recommend taking advantage of one of the company's free solar quotes.

View Best Solar Companies

3.8

They were some problems with communication between different groups. The installers told me one thing, the saleman told me something different. When I called the main office, they gave me a different story. So it was kind of difficult as far as to get what was going on and what the hold ups were and what I was waiting on for things to happen. The installation process for the most part went very well. There were two pieces of equipment they didn't have and they had to wait a long time for them to get here. And the one piece never did arrive consequently they had to drill by hand through the concrete wall. But the team was very polite and courteous. The equipment is fantastic. You can tell that it's quality and well made.

Michael l Harper Saint Augustine, FL

So far we don't have solar yet, waiting on our roof to be redone still. However the service has been okay. I was disappointed with the pricepoint that was initially offered and more disappointed that we had to fight to get a more logical pricepoint. In addition the process took much longer to complete than I felt it was necessary. When we asked what it would be without financing the rep had to make phone calls to get an answer. The answer didn't make any sense once received.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Michael for taking the time to share helpful and insightful customer feedback. If you are still in need of assistance please message back here or reach us at [email protected]

Milagro

When we first heard about Momentum, the salesman was very excellent in how he presented the information. He was very knowledgeable about the system and I felt very comfortable going with this company. They were very fast during installation. they started at 7am and ended around 5pm. I had a problem with my solar fuse box but they came out the same day to fix it. Overall, they have very good solar panels over competition brands and have new equipment.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Milagro, thank you for choosing Momentum Solar! It's great to hear the sales person made sure you were comfortable and educated on solar when making a decision and we appreciate your feedback.

Jill

The people that put the new roof on were a little sloppy but the people that put the actual solar panels on were great. I'm not getting as much power as I'm used to. I don't know how they figured out how many panels I would need because it looks like I would need more. I didn't realize that I was going to get a bill for sixty six dollars every month which kind of negates any savings I am making from the electric company.

Deborah

Momentum Solar was very excited to get our installation done and we had given them two recommendations or referrals in the neighborhood and they were very anxious to get moving so they actually installed our system before getting final approval and our local energy company would not approve the installation so unfortunately after being on our roof for almost two years, they had to remove the system just this week. We never got to actually got it turned on. Despite that, the sales people were very genuine and promptly returned our phone calls

Meryellen

We really enjoyed our interaction with the salesperson. Their customer service is really good, and they're always informative and giving us updates as to the status of our order. They answer all our questions. They only took one day with installation, and the technology is very advanced. The value for the money is great, and I would highly recommend them to others.

Andrew Polaskey Orlando, FL

Very quick to go from locking in sale to install, post-install support was a bit lacking; was given self-activation instructions but upon questions to the individual who provided the instructions got no follow-up email and had to result to searching around for support.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Andrew, thank you for choosing Momentum for your solar needs and the helpful feedback on your customer experience. We will use this to help improve the customer experience. If you are in need of any additional assistance please message back or reach us at [email protected]

Brian Kaufman Asbury Park, NJ

Overall the salesperson did a great job explaining the program, but the actual installation scheduling was a bit convoluted. Ultimately, we are seeing a large savings in our electric bill, which is great, but the app provided doesn't show the intraction between how much we generate and how much we use from the our electric utility provider.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Brian for the great feedback as we are always looking to improve!

G Temple, TX

Momentum seems to be lacking in "service after the sale". It's difficult to get a hold of some to speak to about my concerns. I'm beginning to wonder if if my solar panels are going to produce enough energy to offset the consumption of power. I often use 25 - 30 kWh in a day, but the panels (so far) barely produce 18 kWh.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for providing helpful customer feedback. If we can help look into anything please send your address and phone number in a private message here or reach out to [email protected]

Jan. 25th, 2021

Floriano

Every time you have questions or issues, they serve you quickly. They were also very quick during installation and were very professional the entire time. The panels look good on my house and they work great with no issues. They are definitely a good investment.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Floriano, thank you for taking the time to share an insightful and helpful customer review. Momentum Solar appreciates you!

Andrew

I don't see the equipment because it doesn't hang over the bottom so it's pretty much out of sight out of mind. I just wish customer service was a little more accessible, I would prefer not having to go through different channels for different departments to get one answer.

Rebecca Hutto, TX

The employees that we have interacted with have been very friendly and informative. Someone did drop the ball on switching our plan over to solar through the electric company. We ended up having to do that on our own and Momentum was great with reimbursing us for the electric cancelation fee and the months that we missed out on utilizing solar.

Wesley Neal Haines City, FL

Friendly service. Issue I have is i was told if I recomend anyone for the service and they sign up i would recieve a $750 check. My neighbor that i gave the Momentum info to has gone with your service and now has pannels installed and I have not recieved any check or word of any check. I will be following up with this issue very soon.

I. Rizvi

Overall good experience. They made a small cut in my basement dry wall, promised to send someo to Patch it up . No one came. I called they said they will send someone, but no one showed as scheduled. Other than that it was a good experience.

Jheanelle Soyibo

Everything was good at the beginning but during and after the installation, there wasn't much customer service. I would have appreciated it if either the salesperson or representative called to check on things, help setup other things.

Kenneth

I did a little bit of shopping around when I was searching for solar companies. The guys I talked to at Momentum was really nice. My installation was easy and everything went smoothly. There were no problems with installation.

Heather

Momentum Solar was willing to take the time to come out and see that our property was appropriate for the solar panels. The installation went very smoothly. The panels seem to be holding up to the high winds and weather. It seems to be generating the solar powers it's supposed to.

Candace

I love that the panels are locally made in America. A lot of people in customer service followed up with me throughout the entire process and always answer the questions I have. The installation took a long time, but they made it into a whole day process. I haven't had any problems with the good quality panels installed on my roof.

Junior Staten Island, NY

They were informative and did it very quick. They came and left, not being a bother at all. The only thing I didn't understand is they told me I'd be paying $25 a month but they didn't tell me it fluctuates. At this point it's been fluctuating up to $89.

John Union, NJ

They were quick to solve problems. The installation process went well, they were quick and cleaned up anything they needed to. Although, I did get a little delay from the initial starting point we were provided. The equipment we have seems to be working very well.

Erik Kimmey Riverview, FL

The were professional from beginning to end. From the consultation process all the way to the energization. Reason not for the 5 star rating is because the app used to track progress could be updated with more information.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Erik for the honest review as we are always looking to improve. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the customer experience and we look forward to a sunny future with you producing clean energy!

Feb. 3rd, 2021

Owen

LG’s panels are very good quality. Momentum did a good job. The certification process through the local electric company was a bit tedious. Installation was tidy. They do it in one day.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Owen, Thank you for taking the time to share great feedback on your installation; Momentum Solar appreciates your business very much.

Amanda

It is not quite as low profile as I thought it was going to be but otherwise it looks fine and durable. They are fairly responsive to our questions. They try their best to get us all the information we need.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Amanda for choosing Momentum Solar and taking the time to share feedback, we appreciate you and if we can every help answer questions please reach out to [email protected]

Noor

Based on their service I realized this is the company I wanted to install my solar panels. Except for one issue with the electric company that works with Momentum Solar, everything went fine.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for choosing Momentum for your solar needs! We are excited for a sunny future with you producing clean power off the grid.

Thomas

Installation went fine. It was very quick and professional. There were no problems at all. Their finance company has not followed through and we are still waiting for that to happen.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for your honest feedback, Thomas, Momentum Solar appreciates your business and we look forward to a sunny future together!

Nicole

Customer service is pretty good in the beginning but since is has been installed I’ve had a lot of questions and there has been some trouble being unanswered. All the people are polite but it is still inactive.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Nicole for your honest feedback, if you need additional assistance please reach out here in private message and I'll be happy to help.

Mohamed

Customer service is efficient and trustworthy. They stand up to their word. It was fast getting it set up. It was done in like one day and it is pretty presentable and neat. It is excellent work.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for the honest feedback, Mohamed! Momentum thanks you for your business.

Charles

It took a little longer than we anticipated to get it up and running. The installation took a couple of days but then it took several weeks before we were actually booked up to be online and producing.

Orlando

My house didn't pass inspection the first time around so they had to come back on several occasions to get it right. My power bill has been down since installation. The sales representative was very informative.

Jonathan

The equipment seems to be best quality available. Installation was very fast, they were done all in one day. They have pretty great customer service. I never had any issues in there as well.

Raymond Durbin Lady Lake, FL

Not adequate explanation on financing. Was very slow in getting the proper paper work completed to get system turned on. I had to call myself to get information and the relayed back momentum personnel

Brandon Linden, NJ

It's working well, we don't have any malfunctions. At first, we had an issue getting the permit from the city to come in and get it turned on. Any time we had questions or concerns, they were always there to assist.

Cindy

Sometimes when I call in, they are confused as to where to direct me. They don't know who is servicing Texas, and who his servicing New Jersey. The installation was flawless, and the equipment is great with no issues.

Rebecca

Sometimes it's hard to get in touch with customer service. The installation went as discussed so it went by just fine. I've had a great year with them so far, with no problems. I definitely see a difference in my bill.

Michael

Customer support is pretty prompt in returning my phone calls. Installation went smoothly without any hang ups, and I haven't had any issues or problems. Nothing has gone wrong in the year I've had the panels.

Vina Verzola Phillipsburg, NJ

To this point everything went flawlessly, however we are not yet connected with the power company, so we have no way to verify our savings to this point.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for choosing Momentum Solar for your solar project and taking the time to review your experience thus far! We hope you have a sunny day and we look forward to helping you save.

Glenn Gantt Rowlett, TX

They could improve customer relations by alerting customer to issues they observe when surveying the house though it may be outside of their service area.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Glenn for the helpful feedback, Momentum Solar appreciates you!

Paul

The people that did the install did a good job. I don’t have humming because the inverters are within the panels. There has been some phone tag with customer support.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Paul for your honest feedback of Momentum Solar! We are excited to help you produce clean, price-protected energy and please reach out via private message here if you need any additional assistance.

David

I went with Momentum Solar because I was told they were the best to go with. I needed to reduce my bills. They came on time and the installation went perfect.

Jennifer

I'm not sure they explained all the cost involved and how the solar would off set the electric bill- they should have follow up calls a couple months after instillation

Ann Staten Island, NY

I went with Momentum Solar for the price. They installed the wrong materials and had the wrong solar panels. I got them to change it and they executed the job quickly.

Anonymous Elizabeth, NJ

They have good customer service, and the installation was done professionally. I didn't have to ask a thing, and they didn't damage anything. They did an amazing job.

Merf Saint Cloud, FL

So far so good... 17 days after the salesman came to my home and we worked out a system, they came to do an assessment.. The gentleman that arrived was polite and explained to me the procedure.. after he was done we stood talking for an hour about life in general, cool dood.. lol.. I will report back as things happen.. today is Monday 8/12/19 and I hope to hear something price and system wise by this Friday

Edward Erwin Pflugerville, TX

We were impressed with the sales people who were not pushy and explained how the system and financing worked. We do have a problem with one gentleman who called and gave his name and we gave him our question but he NEVER called us back with an answer. Needless to say, we were not pleased with this, but have misplaced his name. The subject was on Oncor’s source of data on kwh pushed onto the grid

D.Bock Hempstead, NY

I have ordered my Solar Panels thru Momentum Solar and the Sales Rep Justin G. Was extremely informative about the program. Customer Service has been keeping us up to date with everything going on with our project. I choose to lease the panels as they Guaranteed any roof or panel problems they will cover and fix for the next 25 years. I disagree about there ranking your giving as they to me have great service so far. I will update this rating at time of installation and completion .. Thanks D.Bock

Tom Denton, TX

They did a great job with the install - just not always clear where you're at in the process or when the next step will happen

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Tom for taking the time to share helpful customer feedback, if we can be of any further assistance please message us back here or reach out to [email protected]

Raj Jamaica, NY

Needs improvement- poor communication. Before service agreement multiple calls and walk-in afterwards no return call or contact.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Raj, thank you for the honest feedback, if you are still waiting for a call or contact please private message us here or reach out to [email protected]

Francis Von Muller Brooklyn, NY

Proposal Content. I was treated with fairness and respect. Engineering and design was promised as a follow up submittal

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Francis for reviewing your sales process with Momentum Solar, we are looking forward to a sunny future with you!

Mar. 25th, 2021

Victoria Toms River, NJ

Easy process, 3 work with installation. 1 communication with layout plan changes, but quick assistance from project leads.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Victoria, I'm glad to hear your process went well, if we can ever be of further assistance please reach out to [email protected], we thank you for your business!

Jakory Clark Forney, TX

Everything was fine. Only downside is they left a small mess behind. Also, still have not heard back on an inquiry I put in over 2 weeks ago now.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Jakory, thank you for choosing Momentum Solar and for your honest feedback. If you are still waiting for assistance please send us a message here or email [email protected]