Momentum Solar

6.0

LAST UPDATED: October 17th, 2022

In business since 2009 and headquartered in Metuchen, New Jersey, Momentum Solar is a solar energy contractor that sells and installs solar panels to businesses and homeowners in New Jersey, New York, Florida, Texas, and Connecticut.

With over 1200 employees, it is one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and specializes in providing customized solar power system installations for both residential and commercial properties and enabling clients to produce affordable, renewable energy while helping preserve the environment. Momentum Solar strives to achieve a 100 percent solar offset for its customers to maximize monetary savings and increase clean energy generation that reduces harmful carbon emissions.

Momentum Solar manages the entire customer lifecycle of its projects, including the sale, design, engineering, permitting, installation, and activation of each solar system, in an effort to provide great customer service and make the process as seamless as possible.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about Momentum Solar, as well as view Momentum Solar reviews from real customers.

SunPower Logo
#1 SunPower chevron_right
ADT Solar Logo
#2 ADT Solar chevron_right

The Good

• Multiple Payment Options, Including $0 Down
  • Customized Solar PV Systems
  • Simple, Straightfoward Solar Process
  • High Quality Solar Power Equipment
  • Convenient Online Payment Option
  • Long-Term Price Protection
  • Warranties
  • Maintenance and Monitoring
  • Moving Options
  • Solid Track Record

Multiple Payment Options, Including $0 Down

On Momentum Solar's website, the company states that it offers $0 down options in every state where it operates, and $0 down, $0 out-of-pocket options in the majority of states where it operates.

Available methods of payment include cash purchase, solar loan, solar lease, and Power Purchase Agreement (PPA). Purchase and loan options allow customers to take full advantage of the federal solar tax credit. Momentum Solar will sync up with each homeowner to discuss the best financial options for their specific situation.

Customized Solar PV Systems

Momentum Solar understands that each customer has a unique home, lifestyle, and budget and strives to provide a personalized solution and experience for each individual customer. The solar energy company provides a custom photovoltaic system, and designs, engineers, and installs each system to maximize energy output, electric bill savings, and aesthetic appeal while also lowering carbon footprint.

Simple, Straightforward Solar Process

When a customer chooses to have a solar energy system installed by Momentum Solar, they can expect the process to be as follows:

1. Pre-qualification
  2. Free, no-obligation consultation
  3. Solar enrollment for qualified homeowners
  4. Site assessment, design, permitting, and solar installation
  5. Final inspection and activation

High Quality Solar Power Equipment

For its solar systems, Momentum Solar offers a premium solar module variety; technology for maximized production; and streamlined, lightweight, and durable racking.

The company provides a solar cell selection from solar industry–leading manufacturers, including LG, QCELLS, Longi, REC, Trina, and Hyundai, and inverters produced by Enphase.

Convenient Online Payment Option

Momentum Solar gives customers the option to quickly and conveniently make payments online with a click of a button. To do this, customers simply need to visit the company's website, fill out a short form, and make the payment.

Long-Term Price Protection

Momentum Solar offers long-term price predictability so that customers will know they're paying for electricity today, tomorrow, and for the next 20 years that they have a solar PV system.

Warranties

Momentum Solar provides its customers with a 25-year equipment warranty to cover parts, as well as a 25-year workmanship warranty to cover the work of each solar installer it employs. Customers can be confident that their solar array will be protected under these warranties.

Maintenance and Monitoring

Momentum Solar offers complimentary system maintenance and monitoring with each of its commercial and residential solar systems, which helps to ensure that the system is always functioning optimally.

The company provides monitoring services through Enphase MyEnlighten, which allows customers to verify their system's health and performance; view energy production by month, day, or hour; analyze performance against historical weather data; and share performance information on social medial platforms from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet, or computer.

Moving Options

If a customer needs to sell their home while still under contract, Momentum Solar will allow them to transfer their solar agreement to the new homeowners. The company's customer experience team can walk the customer through the entire process and will help them to complete the transfer. Momentum Solar boasts a 100 percent success rate with system transfers.

Solid Track Record

Momentum Solar has more than a decade of experience in the solar industry and has undergone significant growth over that period. The company now has more than 1,200 employees and has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. several times.

The Bad

No NABCEP Certification

Momentum Solar does not appear to have a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). The NABCEP is widely regarded as one of the most important certification programs in the solar industry. NABCEP-certified status indicates that a solar company has taken additional steps to train its personnel in the best practices and lastest developments in solar installation. While the omission of this certification does not imply poor quality on the part of the company, its presence can sometimes be the difference-maker for a customer comparing multiple solar options.

The Bottom Line

Momentum Solar is one of the fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and offers a number of attractive features for individuals looking to take advantage of renewable energy, including multiple payment options, a straightforward solar installation process, customized design, high quality equipment, online payments, long-term price protection, and warranties.

However, the residential solar company's area of operation is currently limited to California, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida, Texas, and Connecticut, so individuals who live elsewhere are unable to receive a solar panel installation from Momentum Solar at this time.

If you live within the company's service area and are interested in utilizing solar PV to lower your dependence on fossil fuel, Momentum Solar may be a good fit. We recommend reading Momentum Solar reviews from real customers below for more information. We also recommend taking advantage of one of the company's free solar quotes.

View Best Solar Companies

3.8

Paris Keena Deming, WA

After meeting with the salesman I was really looking forward to Momentum doing my solar installation. I used another company to put on a new metal roof. I contacted the salesman to say the roof was complete, and schedule the solar job. He said they couldn’t do the job on my metal roof, and was surprised nobody had called me. He called back later and asked that I send pictures of the roof. I requested instead that someone from Momentum come, and look at the roof to ensure whether or not they could do the installation. I have not heard back from them at all. Very disappointed.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hello Paris, please reach me at [email protected] with your address, phone number and photos so I may have this looked into. Sincerely, Nathan Digital Manager

Oct. 18th, 2022

john hooper TX

Installation of the panels was relatively easy. I was able to call in and usually get the answers I needed. However, I’ve had these panels for about 3 years now and 9 of them have been offline for about two weeks. I have called 5 times, emailed twice and even posted on their FB page. I’m told over the phone that someone will be in touch with me to get issue resolved. I never hear anything back. This is beyond frustrating and causing me to lose faith in Momentum Solar’s customer service. I would not recommend them.

C. Robinson Los Angeles, CA

What they don't tell you. First they use doc sign. you don't get copy to do 3 day review. they an 18,000 price ,and require you give them your tax rebate check and the 4 thousand dollar rebate is added too and not deducted from the price of the panels; a battery is not included in the deal, because they don't have them. When you finally do find the contract its under a different name, and its incomplete there are no money figures. SO, You end up paying 25,000 for solar. You still have to pay your power company. the power company pays you 8 cents per kWh they get from your system, and charge you about 20 cents for per kWh you use.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for the feedback as it will help us pinpoint areas for improvements. If we can help look into anything further for you please reach out to [email protected]

Apr. 5th, 2021

Taras Shafron

We had damage to our new roof when installation took place. It took 4-5 months. When they came 3 times it was pouring rain. I asked why would you come in a down pour. The answer was so we show the customer we are here on the day promised. My answer was why would you come? Why would you look at the weather then call and reschedule because it angers us you came and can't do anything. Also we had lead person look at our roof 3 times to match the roof. They finally came and still had the wrong roofing shingle. They left on a beautiful day to get material worked 2 hours and the manager pulled them off the job to go to another job. They came back2 weeks later to complete 3 hours of roofing. Seriously mismanaged. Still waiting for critter guard installation. This has been months not happy at all.

J. Field North Brunswick, NJ

The process is horrible, no follow through (I had to call and they stated we were wonder what happened with the set up, really!!!), limited guidance, multiple phone calls and I still cannot get this set up. If I knew then what I know now, I would not have proceeded with putting solar panels up. Still having issues getting srecs set up and still paying out of pocket, which I was told I would not have to do. Customer Service is only open till 4:00pm to assist with the srecs, unfortunately I do not get home until after 4:00pm. The materials to assist with setting up the srecs is not very user friendly. I also had an issue with one of the reps and a comment not called for. I had to reach out and have their Supervisor notified. I would recommend solar panels, however not if this is how business is conducted. Also, I was informed after the fact taxes were done, that I would have to submit another form. Now I have to do an amendment to my taxes for this. Which will most likely cost me more since I have a Tax Advisor reviewing the forms since there is no further guidance on this. Brochures are given out when you want for us to purchase the solar panels, however once they are sold it seems that you could care less. There should be additional guides given out or on the website. Also, remember this is not something that the we do everyday, like you do at your job, and any question or request how dumb it may seem provides job security. At this point I am totally dissatisfied with the inconvenience of having to go through all of this. Mind you I have another house that I have to do this for.

Eusi

I had called a few times into customer support to discuss something that were being done, but no one replied to me. They sent people out here, not giving me a call beforehand on 3 different occasions. I had no idea why they were there and what they were doing. Installation was okay...there was a lot of drilling and loud noises. I wish I knew it would have been this loud, because I wouldn't have stayed home, especially with my children. No one told us that there was a period of high production when we should have installed them. Instead, we installed them in a low production period. I think Momentum Solar sucks.

Sonia Yiu Staten Island, NY

1 and messy scheduling and follow up. The solar panel has been installed for two months. There were no follow up on city inspection and repairs for the problems inside or outside the house after the inspections. The system is still not activated and as a customer, I have to do all the follow up myself. The salesperson and all other people are just blaming on the pandemic and no follow up and responses to my inquiries or complaints. Horrible service.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hello Sonia, I'm very sorry to hear of the lack of follow-up. We want to ensure you are activated and satisfied so please private message your address and phone number here and I'll make sure you are contacted.

Feb. 3rd, 2021

Giovanni Hollywood, FL

Caused roof leaks then more roof leaks and terrible at correcting interior and exterior danage that they caused. Terrible communication. My friend in Orlando was talking to momentum and a 2nd company but their sales representative was way too aggressive and started having an attitude. I also steered him away from momentum with my experience as well as the reviews he has seen from others.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Giovanni, I'm sorry to hear you have had problems. If we can help look into anything please send us a private message here with your address and phone number or reach out to [email protected]

Kelly Homola

Momentum Solar originally told me that the survey would be one day and the solar panels installation would be one day. This project began in June and now it is December and they are calling to come back again for the 19th time. Their work was shoddy, the install crew left a mess and apparently the panels are still not working. I wanted to do something good for the earth and it has turned out to be a nightmare.

Aubrey cook Long Beach, CA

It took way to long to install and the installation was done so unprofessionally. Customer service promises they will help and they never do than to say sorry they gave us a lousy 250 dollars even tho I spent and lost ten times that amount do to the installation. The only thing I''m happy about is there gone and hopefully they never have to touch my house again

Mitchell Horowitz

I was not told in advance that snow on the roof can cause gutter damage, and my gutters were knocked off the roof and dented my car. During a snow, I witnessed wet snow sliding off the roof all at once and instantaneously, brought down my font gutters. I filed a claim and they told me I need snow, gutter guards. This was the first time it was disclose to me that snow can damage gutters. I was never notified about this. They paid for my gutter repair. They also said they would pay for my car insurance deductible, "in writing', however they lied and refused to pay me.

Kevin

I made a very bad decision going with this company. The installation was neat and clean, but the solar panels have never been turned on. It's been a whole year, but they haven't turned on my panels. I would love to arrange them to come turn everything on. I arranged for inspectors from the company to come, but they never showed up. Customer support promised to have everything taken care of, but nothing happens still. It's ridiculous that I've been dealing with this. They have not completed their job.

Aline

I'm not a very happy customer. I complained to the company that my bill was around $300, but it is supposed to be much lower. I keep asking for a copy of what they estimated my bill to be, but they haven't sent it yet. I'm taking the steps to remove their system, but it's still here. I'm upset that I'm paying more for electricity than I was before. I would never recommend them to anybody, and they gave me a lower watt panel than I had asked for.

Bill Lees Mulberry, FL

Statements made during the interview were not correct. Example - Momentum would pay your electric bill if the solar panels didn't make enough power, wrong. I was told that I have to build up a bank of power first. So, now I have to pay a loan payment for the financial obligations, and also an electric bill.

Piotr Olszewski

My solar panels were installed last year. After installation I called then with a question. I was transfered to person that was supposed to help me with my question. Unfortunately they transfered me to voicemail and I left detailed message asking for call back. After more than 6 months I'm still waiting for call back.

Carmelina Januszanis

Never received original agreement that I signed electronically. What I received was not what I signed up for. It took me 6 months of discussion with the solar provider to remedy the situation. Unethical company to deal with.

LARYSA DRUZHYNINA DeBary, FL

I feel I am being scammed by Momentum Solar. After paying all that money to install solar panels on my home, I have not heard from anyone since. I thought I was making an investment for my family, instead, I got absolutely nothing, not even a word, comment, response... My project manager, Joe, promised a speedy installation and to answer any questions I had along the way, (before I paid them). He has yet to return a single phone call or text. After contacting the company directly, no one has been able to answer questions about when the work is to continue after two months of stand still, let alone completed. They have no information on when we can move forward and now I do not feel comfortable with the "work" they will do at all. If they are unable to answer simple questions or even complete the project, why are they collecting money up front? There are several reputable companies offering solar installation and I wish I had gone with one of them, and not Momentum.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hello, you commented on our Facebook and we have reached out there and have customer experience looking into this issue. If you need to reach them directly please reach out to [email protected]

Jan. 18th, 2022

Rohit Jacksonville, FL

Stay away from this fraudulent company! The salesman (Steve) came today and he was counting on customer being unknowledgeable so he can take advantage and make his sale. The guy wouldn't give anything proposal in writing, would not even tell me what brand of solar panels will be used and got angry with me when I asked multiple times for brand.

Dhaval patel Oldsmar, FL

Been 3 months since it's installed and I still have no clue if it's working or not.... no one has ever reached out to me to check on it... once they signed contract they have just disappeared.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hello, I'm sorry to hear of the lack of follow-up, please email us at [email protected] with your contact information so we can reach out to you.

Feb. 3rd, 2021

Albert Mayoyo National City, CA

Because they don't communicate . We started the transaction in September and was promised to have solar power before the end of the year and now it's almost end of January I still don't know anything

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Albert, we would be happy to look into this for you, please send a private message here with your address and phone number. Thank you

Breanna

Because of the lack of communication I would rate them low. They did not reach out the whole experience. We were bugging them but they never updated us with what was going on.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for your feedback Breanna as it will help us improve. If you are still in need of assistance please private message here and I'll be happy to look into your issue.

Jan. 19th, 2021

Kathleen

They seemed nice at the first, when we first met them, that's why we went with them. They don't keep us informed about anything. It took almost a year to get the panels installed.

Robert Katz Moreno Valley, CA

They lied to me. They told me that SCE does not charge little and then have a balloon payment at end of year. They told me that they would wash off panels and did not. I do not like liars.

Michael Saint Cloud, FL

They don't support you, when you call them they won't come to fix the problem. The installation process went very smoothly, but it's probably the ugliest solar panel I've ever seen in my life.

Beary Johns

Momentum has installed the panels. A couple of days afterwards, I heard a loud pop on the roof. I thought maybe a tree branch fell on one of the panels but it ended up being one of my metal roof panels had started to bow and popped a couple of screws out of the underlayment. The panel's ridge had been flattened and when the heat of the sun (I'm in Florida) heated up the metal it had nowhere to expand because of the ridge being crushed and so popped the metal up at the end. Now my plywood underneath the edge is exposed and I'm have to put plastic bags underneath the metal's edge to keep from getting water damage. I called customer service and they had scheduled for someone to come out and look at it. The day of the appointment, their representative called and asked to send some pics of it. Guy never showed up and I called customer service and she had said that it was a pre-existing problem and basically that it wasn't their problem. She said that their inspector had taken pics of it before job started and she volunteered to email me the pics. I have yet to receive the pics. Do yourself a favor and go with another company. This one only appears to want to sell you something and will not do anything if you have a problem. I remember the salesman saying that if any problem pops up that they are quick to try and remedy it. I now am getting ulcers and sleepless nights trying to deal with this myself.

Steve Resch Davenport, FL

I would not recommend using this company for your solar system. The company has failed to take care of installations needs for installing protection for my portable generator. They were informed of this when I signed up for the system, when my home was surveyed and when the installation group showed up for the install. It is now 2 and a half weeks later and still not protection installed. In addition, upon asking about the status of my system being inspected and getting a meter change from Duke Energy, I was given information which did not add up to the true facts. I now find that Momentum has never submitted the system to the county for inspection and as a result I am nowhere nearer to system use than I was before I agreed to buy the system Their customer service department is not helpful as well. Though my salesperson told me on two occasions to contact customer service with the number he gave me in a folder, I never received said folder and had to search for a contact number as I was never contacted by this department even after asking the salesperson to have them do so. Upon contacting the customer service department, they failed to follow up in returning my call the next day with the information I requested. I had to again call them and still was not provided with information. I went investigating with my local county office for building permits and found out my system has never been scheduled by the installing company for a county inspection. In addition, Momentum never posted the completion card on my house for the county inspector to find. Bottom line....they are very quick in asking for payment as each section of the plan completes, but once they have 90% of your funds, they lose track of you and any actions required to complete the installation/activation of your system. They do not appear to have any system to track completion and if they do, they do not take the time to review it and move actions on to complete a project. So, save yourself some time, money and headaches, find a different company for your solar system

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hello, I'm sorry to hear of the lack of follow-up as that is not how we want our valued customers to feel. Please send a private message here with your service address and phone number so I can have this researched. Sincerely, Nathan D Digital Manager

Nov. 4th, 2021

Harold E Newell JR

Momentum solar installed my solar system in December 2020. Installation was completed in just 4 days and I was told all was done and congratulation. It was done and ready to use, They showed me the system and I felt secure and all was as it should be. Then in April 2021 Payments were going out of my bank account as agreed to by at the finish. But I continued getting bills $570 to $673 from the power company. When I contacted the Duke Energy and inquired as to why I was still getting bills from them and they explained that Momentum had never filed the paperwork with the inspections and permits required. So all of the time that I was what I was paying for was just an allusion and I was getting "0" power from Solar. Repeatedly calling them went straight to voice mail and calls were never returned. I am now going to get the system removed and have another company reinstall a new system or have the Momentum system inspected and turned on . I don't know what the outcome will be, but I do know that payments have been stopped. I received IRS money for getting solar energy and I know that they will want a return and then I will file a lawsuit against Momentum and I will make it the biggest one they have ever seen because that is the only ways to stop them from doing the same thing to other people.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hello Harold, I'm sorry to hear of the issues and lack of follow-up. Please send us a private message here or respond to [email protected] with your service address, phone number and copy of review so I can have this researched ASAP.

Sep. 14th, 2021

Nick Nedev Austin, TX

Momentum Solar has very aggressive sales tactics with people going door to door unsolicited. I didn't know what this would lead to as I decided to speak with one of their "engineers" who was really a sales person. He didn't know much about the details of the system, and was there for over 2 hours on what was supposed to be a 1 hour meeting at most. I genuinely could not get rid of him without saying I was interested in proceeding. He then had me sign some papers to "lock in the rates" and said I could cancel at any time before the panels were actually on the roof. I did more research later that day and found out that I was being overcharged on what was supposed to be a discount, and never received information on what brand solar panels would actually be going on my roof. I didn't want to proceed, and the worst part came when I tried to cancel. I had the misfortune to speak to Den from their cancelation department. I explained the situation to him and stated I wanted to cancel, but instead of simply complying with my request, he started arguing with me and did not allow me to cancel right away. He refuted everything I had to say, told me I was wrong about all of my concerns and research, and everything would be sunshine and roses with their service. After about 10 minutes of speaking in circles, I had to raise my voice and request to speak to his manager to finally get him to stop. I managed to cancel successfully (according to Den) and will be happy never having to deal with this scam of a company again.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Nick, I'm sorry to hear of your experience as that is not how we want our clients to feel. Momentum has been an accredited leader in the solar industry since 2009 and the representatives will be coached on this. Have a sunny day!

Aug. 19th, 2021

Michelle Rockledge, FL

Signed the contract and had the install within (2) weeks. We thought this was great - until FPL told us that we needed to start the net metering application with them PRIOR TO the install. The system size has to be pre-approved by FPL PRIOR TO INSTALLATION. After approval by FPL, the install can begin. The system was completed 4/6 but Momentum only checks on stuff once a week, so our inspection wasn’t called in until 4/19. It was finales 4/20. Fast forward to the $400 application fee, (which was supposed to be taken care of before the installation) I was told multiple times that it went out on 4/30. I called every day because FPL had not received payment. I know the mail can be slow - but this was getting ridiculous. I was told to wait 7-10 business days, as that’s how long it can take. I waited over 10 business days and it still wasn’t received by FPL. So, my 259th call to Momentum was placed on 5/17. I was told that accounting was ‘looking into it’ and our account won’t be up for review until 5/20. Each time I called, I was told I’d get a call from management. To date, that’s never happened. Wanna know where the check is? IT WAS NEVER MAILED!!! I got a call from Momentum today - 5/18 - letting me know that they check was never sent. But - they can void it and send another. VOID WHAT??? I am as confused as the Momentum employees - none of us know what the heck is going on. So, here I sit... with solar panels on my roof, and no one knows what is going on with my account. I guess I will have to wait another week to find anything out. It is the shoddiest customer service / follow up I have ever seen. Simply horrible, and a very expensive regrettable MISTAKE

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hello Michelle, I'm sorry to hear of the miscommunication and lack of follow up on our end. Please send a private response here with your address and best contact phone number so I can make sure a customer care manager looks into this.

May. 20th, 2021

goodred2 Chelsea, MA

If I could give zero stars I would. Thankfully they were so inept at even scheduling the initial consultation I got extra time to read these other reviews and decided not to do business with them. I had an appointment at 10am THAT THEY NO SHOWED FOR. I called at 10:15 and they said a scheduling snaffu occurred and rescheduled for 1:30 on the same day WHICH THEY NO-SHOWED AGAIN. I called at 1:45 and they claimed “they didn’t know what happened so they rescheduled yet again for 5pm same day. Around 3:45 they called me and said their team could not keep the appointment because I have a roofdeck and they cannot install panels on a roof deck. Despite me telling them the dimensions of my roof, the dimensions of the pilot house on my roofdeck, no one physically coming to my house AND me telling them about my roofdeck on the first and second calls, they insisted they couldn’t install any panels. I asked the dimensions of their panels so that we could easily agree or disagree on that determination and the customer service person, WENDY, had no idea the size of the panels or how to get in contact with anyone that did know. As much of a nuisance it was to have lost a day, I am EXTREMELY HAPPY to have not done any business with Momentum. If this is any indication of their professionalism (lack-thereof) and/or customer service (which seems to be the case based on several other reviews), they are inept and should be ashamed !

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for the feedback as it will help us improve the sales process. We apologize for the frustration this caused and please let us know if we can ever assist you in the future.

May. 17th, 2021

John Rice Saint Cloud, FL

Upfront, I am 100% bought into the idea of solar power for my home; however, I am against misrepresenting the truth. I had a sales appointment with a Momentum Solar representative on 23 Jan 2021. In his pitch about the 26% Federal Tax Credit, he explained the contractual requirements (16 - 18 months after contract approval) of paying the tax credit to your loan or the loan increases to the non-discounted price. He painted a lie when he used the term tax credit instead of using the tax refund. He used an example that one customer decided instead of reducing his solar loan (@2.99%), he would pay off some other debt at a higher interest rate. It sounds plausible if true and accurate, but it is a lie. According to energy.gov, "A tax credit is subtracted from the amount of tax that you owe. Credits are claimed when you file taxes for the previous year, so if you made a purchase in 2014, you would be claiming your tax credit now when you file your taxes." The federal energy tax credits also roll to the next year. In the case you are expecting a refund check, then you do not receive a tax credit. So, where are the funds coming from to reduce the balance on your solar loan? Either you pay out of pocket (within 16-18 months), or your loan amount increases to the total amount and your monthly payments. According to Tesla.com, the fixed Annual Percentage Rate for a 20-year loan is 4.99%. The amount of your first 17 payments will be $83 /mo. If you make a $4,264 voluntary payment before month 18, your remaining 222 payments will be approximately $83 /mo. If no voluntary payment is made, the remaining 222 payments will be $112 /mo. To be eligible for tax credits, you must have a tax liability at least equal to the credit. Momentum is not the only solar company lying to its customers. If you are interested in solar, which I am, my suggestion is to listen intently and ask hard questions about the Investment Tax Credit (ITC). Ask yourself if you can afford the total loan amount's monthly payments and read the contract before signing. It is your responsibility to be an informed consumer. The excuse, "I didn't know" does not hold up in court when you have the right to read the contract before signing.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hello John, thank you for the insightful feedback and I'm sorry to see you feel we deserve the score of 1. We agree all contracts should be read and we do have many customers that are saving money while powering their homes with solar energy.

Wendy Easton Mansfield Center, CT

Overall, the process was flawless. However, We are disabled with a fixed income on SS. We were told by a rep we'd benefit from solar panels and save money. Told it was government funded and would cost us nothing. True. Yet, we are paying more per month with no savings and it increases every year! How is this helpful? We qualified simply because it benefitted them. Now we must rely on local food banks and live in fear of losing our home of 30 plus years, because customer service is so rude and insists that that's the way it works and to expect and increase every year and doesn't seem to care what so ever. What type of recourse do we have if any? Our situation is dire.

Don C West Palm Beach, FL

This company is relentless trying to contact you by phone. I have literally blocked over a dozen phone numbers from them, after telling them on 3 different occasions that I am not interested in their services. God help you, if they get your phone number. Then they switched tactics. Now they call up and say nothing. Then the line hangs up after about 5seconds or so. I think they are hoping I will call them back to see who is calling...That wont happen. Thank God I have unlimited blocking capability on my phone. If I you can find a way to stop them from calling. Please leave a review telling me how. Also is there any legal action I can take to stop them? They call from 561-467 XXXX numbers or the 561-933 XXXX numbers. I WOULD NEVER, EVER, EVER, BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE JUST BASED ON THE EXPERIENCE I AM HAVING WITH THEIR PHONE SOLICITORS!!!... REALLY BAD EXPERIENCE.

Brandon J St. Petersburg, FL

Borderline harassment - no, ACTUAL harassment. These people have robo-called my phone, from a neighbor-spoofing phone number (where the first six digits are the same as your phone number, to trick you into answering) no less than 3-4x a day, EVERY day, for the past 15 consecutive days. I have been ignoring the number because last year, a phony "bill collector" used the same phone # spoofing robo-calls to try to scam me. Momentum NEVER left any voicemails. I finally answered today because it was the exact same number calling repeatedly 3x in a row. Lo and behold, it was Momentum Solar. I did put my info into a website to get quotes 2 weeks ago - but non-scammy contractors with REAL PHONE NUMBERS called me, and I got quotes from them. Momentum's harassing marketing tactics lost them a sale and earned them a bad review. Re-think your call center strategy and stop harassing people from different neighbor-spoofed phone numbers like a scammer!

Patrick McHugh Deltona, FL

My experiences with Momentum have been in trying to arrange a presentation as I am actually looking to have solar installed. I have received 8 separate calls over the past 7 days, 4 today alone, from whom I believe are telemarketers. I listened to their pitch and agreed to have them come out, only to be told they would not come if my wife could not be there. My wife and I have agreed that this is my project and that she is fine with whatever company I determine will provide the best service. In the meantime I have had 3 solar companies present their proposals and plan to have one more before I make my decision. It amazes me that a company trying to grow in a highly competitive industry would refuse to do business unless everyone in the house is present. I believe this is is a bad business decision and would be interested in knowing how many sales they have lost to companies who may charge more and provide less. Bottom line is I'll buy my solar system and Momentum will lose a potential sale of $30,000 plus. How many of those sales would have made a nice addition to the bottom line?

R F Fort Lauderdale, FL

We signed up for a roof replacement along with a 10.1KWH solar array back on Nov 2019. My city approved the permit on Dec 31 2019. Since then we have had nothing but issues. First appt. they could give was for Jan 29th (Wednesday). The day of install, they tell me that the product was ordered incorrectly. They later confirmed that issue was due to their roofing dept. they incorrectly specified the wrong material on the permit. They stated that they would need to submit a revision for the permit. 2 days later (Friday), the roofers came by and began with removing the existing roof and install of paper for new roof. One of the roofers told me not to move the ladder from the side of the house. That night it rained. Next day we found that roof was leaking, and water seeped into the ceiling above the living room. I called them several times, they said I would need to wait until Monday. We were lucky that the roofers came by to pick up some tools they left behind. I showed them the leak and the fixed the issue. As of Mar 1st, no one else has come by. The roofers ended up taking the ladder that Saturday and we failed the inspection on Monday. I have called and spoken to Ray their roofing VP. This was Feb 12th. He provided his cell number which i texted him requesting an update and have received no response. He stated that they were waiting for the city to approve the revision for a piece of flat roof we have. I have sent them emails with no replies. So, i decided to contact the city. They mentioned that they do see the revision from Jan 28th which they completed but are not releasing until the violation fee is paid. She also confirmed that they do not see another submission for the flat roof. I guess this company relies on given their clients false information and very poor customer service. I will never recommend this company and becoming vocal on social media platforms so that other people do not fall for this company's deceit.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hey, We are sorry that you had a bad experience. Please call us at (888) 666-3688 and we'll do our best to resolve this issue for you.

Mar. 11th, 2020

Michael Hackensack, NJ

My system has installed one year ago, but, PTO has delayed by pandemic on May 2020. and, I am considering to install and extra panels. Maybe I should find the other solar company, and install extra system with monitoring devices instead just adding panels, basically, this company do not support for a customer, they just support for themself. I like the customer support guys, they are polite and responsible on their job. but, I just disappointed on the culture of this company. Biggest issue on installation, they have broken couple of shingles over two lines while installation. they can make such a damage on the new root. they just apply silicone to patch. really terrible, they do not care to fix it properly, just do a simple job for their warranty term (5 years). I have patched most of area by myself. * IMPORTANT:: After they finished an installation, and call a roofer and took photo/video and, keep it, you may need it after 5 years. There is a minor hw problem since May 2020, but, it has been fixed by a service guy after one week. one issue here, hw/sw has not notified the problem, while waiting their service guy for a week, the system report say my system is normal. and, momentum have not detected it before I have reported. even a pannel has dead. i think, most user will bot aware the problem till lost more 10% panels. my first review is done, will add an extra review about the extra panel installation, later

Ellice Sanchez

Reg Flag! Reg Flag! Red Flag! I would give negative Stars if possible. I highly do NOT recommend this company [MOMENTUM SOLAR (PRO CUSTOM SOLAR LLC)]. MOMENTUM SOLAR (PRO CUSTOM SOLAR LLC). called me on a mass solicitation call; I typically don’t like any sales calls, but I did want solar panels installed on my house so I decided to stay connected on the call. Since they were the ones reaching out to me I thought this would be a _convenient_ situation for me as I did not have to go out and research a company nearby, They offered me to meet at 8am for a 30 minute appointment. I told them specifically that I had to be at work at 9am, but since the appointment was only 30 minutes, it would be fine on the timing with my 30 minute drive to work. I did ask the speaker about the timing and they had no worries about it. The next day while I was waiting for this person to show up, it was getting later and later. At 8:05am, I was thinking, “they must be stuck in traffic.” More minutes past by. I thought, “this is going to be really tight on timing to squeeze a 30 minute appointment in.” At 8:15am, I called the company and it took a few minutes to get connected to someone. I finally did; he did not know the status of the person I was supposed to meet with and said he could research it. I told him,” nevermind, don’t bother showing up. I can’t waste more time waiting around for you guys to figure this out. I am leaving for work and you can call me back later.” At 8:28am, a woman called me saying that her representative was at my house, but it looked like no one was home. I told her that was right, I spoke to the other guy on the phone and told them not to bother showing up. I was very worried on two points: 1 – Obviously the first guy I called did not talk to this manager. 2 – They just showed up 28 minutes late to a 30 minute appointment. The woman asked to reschedule. I told her I did not feel like I should because my trust in the company had already been broken. She insisted I re-schedule and offered a $100 inconvenience check. I really knew I could not trust them, but I was curious to know this price to have something to compare to the next quote I would get, so for that reason I very hesitantly accepted. I even was silent on the phone for a minute. The appointment was scheduled for the next day. I already did not trust them, and a quick Google search showed they were under litigation for racial claims. In general, a business under a lawsuit is not a good business to work with as they may have ethical concerns or may have funding issues. The next guy was late. I already decided that I would not do business with them, and if he did not show up it was no skin off my back. This guy did have a representative call me to tell me he was running late, so at least I was not sitting around and waiting for him, I got to eat my breakfast in the time he was late. The 2nd guy did give a decent proposal and what seemed like a really good price. I could not trust the company. I did tell him, I might gain some confidence in the word of the company if they followed through with the inconvenience check. I thought I would get it on the spot, but apparently it had to be mailed. I could not shake the feeling of unease, so I signed a contract with a different company. Some days later I got the inconvenience check in the mail. I deposited the check. A few more days later, and the bank told me the check had bounced and they were charging me a fee. I am now furious. The inconvenience check from Momentum for me bounced and the bank has charged me fees due to the bad check has become an inconvenience in itself. I really did not want to have the second appointment, but the woman on the phone insisted I gave Momentum a second shot to prove that the company was better than being 28 minutes late to a 30 minute appointment. If they were not going to honour the check, they could have just not wasted my time and not insisted on the second appointment. All my apprehensions about this company being untrustworthy have been verified. I have gone from just having a shaky untrustworthy feeling of Momentum, to a definite red flag warning to everyone I meet. I have never had this before (check bounce), but I will take all legal actions possible and leave honest reviews on all review platforms possible. Now, I have lost money and my precious time. DO NOT TRUST MOMENTUM SOLAR (PRO CUSTOM SOLAR LLC). -I would like to submit photo evidence to this review if possible.-

Marie Bremerkamp Venice, FL

Live in state of Florida where there are rainy summers. Our installation was scheduled for 2 days and of course it rained each morning slowing down process. After the second day about half install complete the foreman states that our job will have to be reschedule because there are already jobs scheduled for next week. Have know idea when or what time frame this will be. I think this company needs to learn that rain happens almost daily in Florida during the summer months and there needs to be a plan to work around the weather. WE have no idea when this job will be rescheduled or completed. I feel this is extremely poor customer service.

Irina Troy, TX

First and foremost-ALWAYS got for local company with the office located near you and not country wide something. Second-agent Scott was going to our house, since he asked exact energy usage as screen shot from our power company, we said we can get later only but can provide all 12 month numbers. Refused-said need exact site...why should I give info which is private?! He started screaming that he did 20 minutes drive for nothing? Who cares?! Well, long story short agreed to send him via email-sent, no answer, no confirmation. Sending email second time asking did he get it and GREAT MISTAKE-asked about cash price. People! Be aware-they dodn't do cash price-they need financing through them-this way they will share interest on your solar and take your rebates! We can install with great credit score but will not do. And people-think twice before installation. If you take more energy during dark time-you will get bigger bills with solar they put, because your solar will produce energy for power company and send through inverted when you don't take much in day time. Power company will "buy" it. but for the fraction of their price, but your kilowatts in dark time from them will be priced likely more expensive than you have now plus solar system price you will pay. You look for the hybrid solar system with storage of your produced power.

Walito The Bronx, NY

I cancelled my plan to go with Momentum Solar for the following reasons: 1. The salesperson did his presentation but the fact it appears that I was locked into something right away without having the time to research other companies. I asked several times to make sure that I was not being locked into anything and I was assured that I was not and it was their business practice to work with Dividend and have site surveys to obtain the best possible installation, with that information I allowed their staff on my property and in my home. 2. Customer service is not impressive the long wait times and being bounced to different departments to speak to different people. When I cancelled today the agent informed me I would be responsible for anything that was being made for my home. I explained that I was not committed to anything with this company. No one would spend that much money without checking other companies first and then coming to a rational conclusion. 3. I simply did not trust Momentum or their business practices. Thank goodness I did not move forward with this company. It seems that I avoided a long term headache.

Tim from fl Milton, FL

After doing research on line l had called momentum solar company to enquire about thier sales of solar for my home. Long story short. Due to their prescreening methods, they may have lost a cash sale. You assume that a person under a certain income would not qualify for your product or the tax credits offered. I tried to explain that I have an 820 beacon score and a small fix income but with an established financial package to include an ira/401. They said they call me back. My conclusion is that: 1. Your sales staff is poorly trained or 2. Your company is one of those fly by night companies that is sole purpose is to make a quick buck and to screw the consumer.

Alex Poughkeepsie, NY

They literally called me every day for 2 months. I finally scheduled an appointment and was confirmed for the appointment. Then I get a call the DAY BEFORE my scheduled appointment to tell me my house didn't qualify based on their "up to date" satellite images of a tree on my tree lawn being the disqualifying factor. I had two companies previously come out for qualification quotes saying that that tree was not in the direct path of the sun at all and wouldn't be an issue. I also had already cut down a tree that Momentum was describing in these "updated" photos. So basically all those annoying calls were for nothing, and they're just another BS company pretending to care for the environment working for the government disqualifying people before the process hasn't even begun - while badgering you and wasting your time all at once. Garbage.

Karen San Antonio, TX

My salesman promised us a smooth installation, up to 2 months for completion and a $750 sign on bonus. We signed on in July, had to keep calling about the sign on bonus, had the panels installed on September 13th and as of this date (November 6th) we have no power to them!!! It is always one excuse after another, I have called every two weeks since September with no resolve. I am now being billed for non working panels and am seeking legal counsel. I would not recommend this company unless you can wait 5-6 months for solar panels and want a lot of aggrevation and disappointment in your life!

Casey Round Rock, TX

BE AWARE!!!! I am writing this review after having met with a salesman from this company and being pressured to buy from them. I told him that I needed time to conduct a research and also to meet with other companies before I make a final long term decision for my family. After having argued with him, and him playing the sales game with me for thirty more minutes, I asked him to leave. After, I asked him to leave he still insisted on playing GAMES. I asked for him to leave behind the information he had presented me with, cost, brand, warranties, service information, and etc. He did not leave anything behind but told me that he will email me (NEVER GOT THE EMAIL). I have since then conducted a research and this is what I have discovered. The biggest problem is that they steal from you especially if you have a rebate, like myself, coming to you from your electric company. I am in Austin and I have a $2,500 rebate incentive from Austin Energy to go solar. What I found out is that Momentum along with other all inclusive solar companies steal that from you by increasing your cost of system by that exact amount. For example, your solar system should cost $30,000 but if you have a rebate, not the Federal tax credit, local rebate, whatever that rebate amount is, that is added in your cost. So, my cost was $32,500. They were charging me for my own rebate but made me feel like I was getting a deal. Now it makes complete sense that they are the fastest growing company in solar. They are nothing but over zealous corrupt company that is taking advantage of people like myself who want to go solar. I can only imagine how many people they have stolen from what was rightfully theirs. This makes sense in how they did over 100 million dollars, NET, last year. People , DO YOUR RESEARCH. I have found out in my research that most of these all inclusive solar companies such as Momentum have so much overhead cost that they have to steal our money. I have since gone solar and it was not with any of these companies, and I am actually going to get my rebate because the company, like Momentum did not build it into my cost. Last note, they pay for good reviews. DO NOT TRUST MOMENTUM!!!

Maria Cruz Williamstown, NJ

To include Sunnova and PGMATS. All liars!! Don’t fall for it!!!!! We did and got stuffed. They talked us into what we were led to believe an awesome deal and they lied. They said we would be installed quick and that was the only thing they got right. They even blessed us with a foot through the ceiling in a 6 year old house. Then it took them months to get the damn thing activated. They talked us out of getting the money for home improvement because we could be getting a check weekly. So we didn’t get the home improvement credit and we weren’t trained to work with the SRECS. Supposedly we were to start an account and go through that. Never told us anything. Never sent anyone to give us a run down on how everything works. Here we sit a year after activation paying for the panels, paying electricity because the bunches of panels on the roof is not generating enough energy, however we were told that it would and not getting phone calls back when promised. It is all a scam. Their words are worthless!!!

Morris Cocoa, FL

Live in Cocoa, FL. My roof faces south and had Rep meet with me and they quoted me a price with low performing panels. I i declined the proposal. They call me several times later and offered me a $50 dollar check (gimmick) to see if they could sale me a system with a better deal. In my opinion they are not a legitimate solar company. They have teller marketers call and lie to you. I'm retired US Navy and a US Postal employee with $50,000 per year income and 700+ credit score and the company states after calling me 4 times I don't qualify for solar (go figure) and I would have to pay more (bait and switch). In my opinion, don't waste your time. P.S. I worked as a student with FL Solar Energy Center and completed a solar training certificate and they do a poor site assessment. What's worse their salesperson try to talk you into a contract over the phone without any knowledge of your building site plan and energy demand. My advise is to change your lighting to LED, put your hot water heater on a timer, install a 18 seer 1 ton mini split AC in your biggest living space (draws about 500 w an hour.) before your install an oversized solar system for $30,000 dollars that the salesperson wants to finance with interest. I spent about than $3000 dollars on a LED lights, timer, mini split, and ecobee programmable thermostat for my heat pump 2.5 ton. My light bill is $40 a month less which I will use to buy a hybrid water heater and heat pump clothes dryer next which will save me about an extra $10 per month. Hence a smaller affordable system for about half the cost.

Scott

First meeting time, no one showed up. Second meeting time, no one showed up. This after confirming the night before. I called them to find out why, and was told they had left an early morning phone message that my home was "disqualified". Turns out they left that message at a different house. I asked why we were "disqualified", and was specifically told that Momentum only installs panels that will provide 100% efficiency by facing due south, and most of my roofs face west. While this may be a noble concept, Momentum's own website shows a brick front home with panels facing 3 different directions, and it's an ugly installation on hipped roofs. No way will this achieve anywhere near 100% efficiency. Maybe I'm just angry at them for missing 2 appointments, but if you screw up, don't try to dance around the reason. Just say "I'm sorry, I can do better"

Sharon Floyd Chula Vista, CA

I spent hours with their rep...drinking tea and being wooed. Once the papers were signed...I haven't heard from them....?????? I consider our agreement VOID!

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Sharon, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience, if you are in need of assistance please private message here or reach us at [email protected]

Apr. 19th, 2021

Raymond

I found that the salesman lied. The customer service has been poor. During the summer I pay a higher electric bill than I did before so my savings is minimal.