Momentum Solar

8.2

In business since 2009 and headquartered in Metuchen, New Jersey, Momentum Solar is a solar energy contractor that sells and installs solar panels to businesses and homeowners in New Jersey, New York, Florida, Texas, and Connecticut.

With over 1200 employees, it is one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and specializes in providing customized solar power system installations for both residential and commercial properties and enabling clients to produce affordable, renewable energy while helping preserve the environment. Momentum Solar strives to achieve a 100 percent solar offset for its customers to maximize monetary savings and increase clean energy generation that reduces harmful carbon emissions.

Momentum Solar manages the entire customer lifecycle of its projects, including the sale, design, engineering, permitting, installation, and activation of each solar system, in an effort to provide great customer service and make the process as seamless as possible.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about Momentum Solar, as well as view Momentum Solar reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Multiple Payment Options, Including $0 Down
  • Customized Solar PV Systems
  • Simple, Straightfoward Solar Process
  • High Quality Solar Power Equipment
  • Convenient Online Payment Option
  • Long-Term Price Protection
  • Warranties
  • Maintenance and Monitoring
  • Moving Options
  • Solid Track Record

Multiple Payment Options, Including $0 Down

On Momentum Solar's website, the company states that it offers $0 down options in every state where it operates, and $0 down, $0 out-of-pocket options in the majority of states where it operates.

Available methods of payment include cash purchase, solar loan, solar lease, and Power Purchase Agreement (PPA). Purchase and loan options allow customers to take full advantage of the federal solar tax credit. Momentum Solar will sync up with each homeowner to discuss the best financial options for their specific situation.

Customized Solar PV Systems

Momentum Solar understands that each customer has a unique home, lifestyle, and budget and strives to provide a personalized solution and experience for each individual customer. The solar energy company provides a custom photovoltaic system, and designs, engineers, and installs each system to maximize energy output, electric bill savings, and aesthetic appeal while also lowering carbon footprint.

Simple, Straightforward Solar Process

When a customer chooses to have a solar energy system installed by Momentum Solar, they can expect the process to be as follows:

1. Pre-qualification
  2. Free, no-obligation consultation
  3. Solar enrollment for qualified homeowners
  4. Site assessment, design, permitting, and solar installation
  5. Final inspection and activation

High Quality Solar Power Equipment

For its solar systems, Momentum Solar offers a premium solar module variety; technology for maximized production; and streamlined, lightweight, and durable racking.

The company provides a solar cell selection from solar industry–leading manufacturers, including LG, QCELLS, Longi, REC, Trina, and Hyundai, and inverters produced by Enphase.

Convenient Online Payment Option

Momentum Solar gives customers the option to quickly and conveniently make payments online with a click of a button. To do this, customers simply need to visit the company's website, fill out a short form, and make the payment.

Long-Term Price Protection

Momentum Solar offers long-term price predictability so that customers will know they're paying for electricity today, tomorrow, and for the next 20 years that they have a solar PV system.

Warranties

Momentum Solar provides its customers with a 25-year equipment warranty to cover parts, as well as a 25-year workmanship warranty to cover the work of each solar installer it employs. Customers can be confident that their solar array will be protected under these warranties.

Maintenance and Monitoring

Momentum Solar offers complimentary system maintenance and monitoring with each of its commercial and residential solar systems, which helps to ensure that the system is always functioning optimally.

The company provides monitoring services through Enphase MyEnlighten, which allows customers to verify their system's health and performance; view energy production by month, day, or hour; analyze performance against historical weather data; and share performance information on social medial platforms from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet, or computer.

Moving Options

If a customer needs to sell their home while still under contract, Momentum Solar will allow them to transfer their solar agreement to the new homeowners. The company's customer experience team can walk the customer through the entire process and will help them to complete the transfer. Momentum Solar boasts a 100 percent success rate with system transfers.

Solid Track Record

Momentum Solar has more than a decade of experience in the solar industry and has undergone significant growth over that period. The company now has more than 1,200 employees and has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. several times.

The Bad

No NABCEP Certification

Momentum Solar does not appear to have a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). The NABCEP is widely regarded as one of the most important certification programs in the solar industry. NABCEP-certified status indicates that a solar company has taken additional steps to train its personnel in the best practices and lastest developments in solar installation. While the omission of this certification does not imply poor quality on the part of the company, its presence can sometimes be the difference-maker for a customer comparing multiple solar options.

The Bottom Line

Momentum Solar is one of the fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and offers a number of attractive features for individuals looking to take advantage of renewable energy, including multiple payment options, a straightforward solar installation process, customized design, high quality equipment, online payments, long-term price protection, and warranties.

However, the residential solar company's area of operation is currently limited to California, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida, Texas, and Connecticut, so individuals who live elsewhere are unable to receive a solar panel installation from Momentum Solar at this time.

If you live within the company's service area and are interested in utilizing solar PV to lower your dependence on fossil fuel, Momentum Solar may be a good fit. We recommend reading Momentum Solar reviews from real customers below for more information. We also recommend taking advantage of one of the company's free solar quotes.

View Best Solar Companies

3.9

Michael Webb Fort Lauderdale, FL

I had my solar installed July 2020. The sales guy was very knowledgeable and wanted the sale. We decided to have 35 panels put on the house. Beginning of April 2021 12 panels have failed. I’ve made several calls to customer service. They said they’d have someone look into it. It’s been now a week and nobody has contacted me. I’m losing 20kw a day but they don’t seem to care. Customer service is the worst. They get your money and when you need help they don’t care. Not happy at all with this company and I’ll never refer them to anyone.

1 day ago

Maryann Georgetown, TX

So far only the sales experience and we will give the customer service and salesmen five stars. Two salesmen here, one the expert and the other very knowledgable salesperson who was learning the biz. They took their time, answering our many questions patiently. We are rarely inclined to make a decision on the spot for any purchase this much and in the end we were convinced we were going with the right company and committed to the deal. We will gladly recommend this company and salespersons to our friends and family.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Maryann for choosing Momentum Solar for your solar project, we look forward to a sunny future with you producing clean solar energy!

Apr. 13th, 2021

Trapper Sturgeon Georgetown, TX

I only give two stars because I love my solar system but the sales person will lie straight to your face to get the sale. There are several companies out there, do some research. I’m promise you that you don’t want this company.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hello Trapper, I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your solar system but if there was something we can help look into about your sale please private message here or reach us at [email protected]

Apr. 7th, 2021

Paul Richmond Hill, NY

Did not respond to customer when they visit the customer house, they are very unreliable and I would not recommend no one to do business

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Paul, I'm so disappointed to hear this feedback, if I can help look into anything for you please private message here.

Luis Maguino Easton, PA

Because they came to inspect our house in and out and it has been more than a week no one has calling us with the proposal

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Luis, I'm sorry to hear of the lack of follow up, please private message here with your address and phone number if you are still waiting for a proposal, I'll make sure to send this in.

Raul Rosales Deltona, FL

Well I I agree to have install.back in Dec 05 2020 I'm still waiting to have my solar connected

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Raul, I'm sorry to hear you are still waiting for the activation, please message us here or email [email protected] with your address and best contact phone number so we can look into this for you ASAP.

James Suffern, NY

They are well informed and answer all your questions

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you James for taking the time to review your customer experience, have a sunny day!

C. Robinson Los Angeles, CA

What they don't tell you. First they use doc sign. you don't get copy to do 3 day review. they an 18,000 price ,and require you give them your tax rebate check and the 4 thousand dollar rebate is added too and not deducted from the price of the panels; a battery is not included in the deal, because they don't have them. When you finally do find the contract its under a different name, and its incomplete there are no money figures. SO, You end up paying 25,000 for solar. You still have to pay your power company. the power company pays you 8 cents per kWh they get from your system, and charge you about 20 cents for per kWh you use.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for the feedback as it will help us pinpoint areas for improvements. If we can help look into anything further for you please reach out to [email protected]

Harriet Mendl Hartsdale, NY

There is lots of paper work. After signing lots of papers, there appeared more.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for working with Momentum Solar on your solar project and for the feedback as it will help us improve the customer experience.

Andrea Humble, TX

Timeliness, quick to return phonecalls or texts, eagerness to answer questions

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Andrea for taking the time to share helpful customer feedback, Momentum Solar appreciates you!

Randy Clements Killeen, TX

Quick and professional work. Constantly contact between sales staff and customer

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Randy for being a 5-star customer of Momentum Solar! We love to hear when our customers have a great experience and we thank you for your feedback. Have a sunny day!

Kate Sussman Palm Coast, FL

The Momentum team displays professionalism, efficiency, neatness, care, and consideration beyond expectation.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you, Kate, for the 5-star feedback! Momentum loves to hear this kind of feedback from our valued customers.

Jerry Weiss New Braunfels, TX

Pushy, not telling the truth and taking two hours in my home when the team that called said it would be 30 minutes

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for the feedback Jerry as it will help us improve the customer experience, if we can help with anything further please message us here.

Kellene Morris Princeton, TX

Great customer services and great value for my money.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Kellen for choosing Momentum Solar, we hope you have a sunny day!

Eddie Daytona Beach, FL

Ihad 2 companies working for my business. The other company won my bid. I received a call from momentum. They went a step beyond to get my business back. They matched almost everything from the other company. The price was the same. The warranty was made the same. They actually beat the other company in the number of panels they could provide. Less panels, larger panels that provide more power. LG panels. Something right? WRONG. LG panels are made in USA and Korea. Beware. Momentum quoted me with panels made over sea. The other company sells panel made in USA. Hum! I contacted momentum to find out why they said these were LG panels but never admitted that they were not made in USA. They said they didn't know that they had given me a quote with these panels. They would resubmit this to their people and get back to me. They left me hanging. I have them a second chance and they lied. Bate and switch didn't work with me. I read all of the paperwork and caught them in a lie. I recommend you read your contract, ask allot of questions and get a second company to compare prices, product, Warranty and workmanship.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for the feedback on your sales process Eddie as it will help us improve!

Scott & Lynn McAdams Saint Augustine, FL

For the installation team (Edwin, Richard, Chris, Dmitri & Devin) provided outstanding service & conducted themselves in a professional manner.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for choosing Momentum Solar, Scott & Linda, we appreciate your feedback on the solar installation!

Nada Bracewell Temple, TX

Very professional they have been great with follow up

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for the great feedback on your customer experience, Nada!

Clare Powers Bridgeport, CT

Every representative has been well-informed and respectful

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Clare for the 5-star feedback, have a sunny day with Momentum Solar!

Francis Von Muller Brooklyn, NY

Proposal Content. I was treated with fairness and respect. Engineering and design was promised as a follow up submittal

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Francis for reviewing your sales process with Momentum Solar, we are looking forward to a sunny future with you!

Edneia Pompano Beach, FL

They are pushy. Came to my home and even though I said I wasn't sure and wanted to think they checked my credit.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for the feedback Edneia as it will help us improve the customer experience!

David A Thompson Austin, TX

Customer Service was great, the presentation was presented in an informative way every question I asked was answered above and beyond my expectations. The information I received made me feel like I can go and sale solar myself.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi David, thanks so much for taking the time to share an excellent sales experience, we appreciate you and we love to hear this kind of feedback!

Judd Bonham Denton, TX

From our very first meeting with one of their representatives, we were impressed with the depth of knowledge about the solar industry. While we were given a lot of information about the company, we were also give information regarding the process, the financials and how much time it would take to complete from start to finish. I had never heard of Momentum Solar before that first phone call to set up the in home appointment but I sure am glad we chose them for our install!

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Judd for being a 5-star customer of Momentum Solar! It's great to hear the customer experience exceeded expectations.

Paul perrone Mays Landing, NJ

They are all about servicing the customer answers and questions a smooth transition

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you, Paul, for your 5-star feedback, Momentum Solar appreciates you!

Ronald Stevenson Jr Newark, NJ

I'm a client. Ever since the first day, they have given the most professional customer service. From over the phone to in person, Momentum has exceeded our expectations and we cannot wait to have our solar panels fully installed to give a review on the performance as well.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for choosing Momentum Solar, Ronald! It's great to hear the experience has been 5-star thus far!

Tarun Gattu Pflugerville, TX

Installation was super fast and communication was great. Also, the price i was offered when compared with others is unbeatable

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Tarun for taking the time to share great customer feedback. Momentum Solar is proud to be your clean energy company and we are glad to hear the price was right.

claire morency , FL

I had an horrible experience with them they lied so much to get you signed with them. They are nothing but fraud. I can't wait for a legal team to start suing them. I'll be the first in line to sue them

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hello Claire, I'm sorry to hear you feel mislead during the sales process. Please send a private response or email [email protected] with your address and phone number so we can have your issue looked into.

Mar. 22nd, 2021

Joseph Strickler Orlando, FL

Very bad experience with my solar and Dividend the finance company used. Did not get the rebate from IRS and my payment doubled after 6 months. Duke energy did not give me all my solar credits so my power Bill went up to. They will put a Lean on your house.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hello, we are sorry to hear this happened to you. If we can help look into this for you please private message your address and phone number or reach out to [email protected]

Mar. 17th, 2021

Iriam Rivera Orlando, FL

Pretty satisfied until our roof needed to be replaced. When initially purchased, we were offered a one-time free remove and replace in case our roof, already in some years, needed replacement. Momentum is now questioning the offer. Hope this will be resolved so I can gladly rate it as I thought it deserved.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for the honest feedback Iriam, I would be happy to have this looked into if you are still having trouble with the roof replacement please use the private reply option to send your address and phone number or email [email protected]

Mar. 16th, 2021

zinoviy Lindenhurst, NY

We are very dissatisfied with the service from Momentum Solar, less then one year after the installation solar panels we hew only problem After 4 months of installing the 1 panel stopped working, We waited 3 weeks until they arrived and repaired. Since September we heve a problem with the 3 panels, they produce 1/3 of their force, we called the office more then 8 times but the problem has not been solved until today. For the year with panels we paid 50% more then we paid without the panels.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hello, I'm sorry to hear you had issues with the panels as we want our customers to enjoy their experience. If you are still having issues please respond back with your address and phone number.

Mar. 3rd, 2021

David Forcella Plainville, CT

Very happy with their install. Very informative, good company.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you David for being a 5-star customer of Momentum Solar, we appreciate your business and feedback very much!

Elmer Alamina Bridgeport, CT

They were fast and efficient with the work performed.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Elmer, thank you for taking the time to review your installation with Momentum, we appreciate you!

Brian Seymour Harker Heights, TX

We were lied to about the entire process. Damage was caused to property.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Brian, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. If you are still in need of assistance, please private message us here with your address and phone number or email [email protected] Thank you

Darshan patel East Brunswick, NJ

We give to this company solr and roof both Service is bed Install is not properly Just this company fix my new roof And 45 day after my roof is leak Not clean in area So my Neil in parking lot Price is so high compared to home depot ,lows Sale person also not respons for customer

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hello Darshan, I'm sorry to hear you are having issues after the installation, please private message back here or email [email protected] with your address and phone number so we may help resolve this for you.

Feb. 23rd, 2021

Franklin Dobbs Katy, TX

took a while to get everything set and up and running.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for your feedback Franklin, we hope you are now reaping the benefits of producing your own solar power off of the grid!

Luis Cruz Haines City, FL

Great customer service, follow-up and time to completion.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Luis for being a 5-star customer of Momentum Solar, we appreciate your feedback and business very much!

Victoria Toms River, NJ

Easy process, 3 work with installation. 1 communication with layout plan changes, but quick assistance from project leads.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Victoria, I'm glad to hear your process went well, if we can ever be of further assistance please reach out to [email protected], we thank you for your business!

Jessica Rogers The Colony, TX

Initial contact and instal was 3. However I was told that a lean would not be placed against the home. A lean was however placed against the home which caused refinancing at a rate of 2.25%a huge headache with a delay of over a month.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Jessica, thank you for the honest feedback as we are always looking to improve. If we can help look into anything further for you please reach out to [email protected]

Ricardo Soliz Wilmington, CA

Because they do not let me know when they’re coming over

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for the feedback Ricardo, if we can help with anything please reach out.

Karen Sharp Pennsville, NJ

3 salesman, kept as best they could with Covid, but communication could have been better

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for the honest feedback Karen as we are always looking to improve, we appreciate your business!

Sandra Morris Hollis, NY

Installation was quick, but taking a long time to get activated

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Sandra, thank you for the honest feedback. If you are still waiting for activation please reach out to us at [email protected]

Glenn Gantt Rowlett, TX

They could improve customer relations by alerting customer to issues they observe when surveying the house though it may be outside of their service area.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Glenn for the helpful feedback, Momentum Solar appreciates you!

Gardaner Elizabeth, NJ

They preform a 4 job, and communication is 5

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for the great feedback, we appreciate you and hope you have a sunny day!

Kate Page Lumberton, NJ

The process was seamless and they are responsive to all phone inquiries.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Kate for being a 5-star customer of Momentum Solar! We look forward to a sunny future with you producing clean energy.

Javidi thomas Nolanville, TX

Friendly and professional. Would have given 5 stars but after installation no one gave a walkthrough of the system.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for choosing Momentum Solar! We are excited to help you produce clean solar energy off of the grid. If we can help with any information please reach out to [email protected]

K buswell New Preston-Marble Dale, CT

Great job but everything takes so long with no correspondence

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you for the helpful feedback on your installation, if we can help look into anything for you please reach out to [email protected]

Margaret Port Saint Lucie, FL

Professional ,friendly , saving money, great communication

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Margaret, thank you for being a 5-star customer of Momentum Solar. We love to hear when our customers are able to save money while helping the environment!

Brian Kaufman Asbury Park, NJ

Overall the salesperson did a great job explaining the program, but the actual installation scheduling was a bit convoluted. Ultimately, we are seeing a large savings in our electric bill, which is great, but the app provided doesn't show the intraction between how much we generate and how much we use from the our electric utility provider.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you Brian for the great feedback as we are always looking to improve!

Kerry Kuhring Belleview, FL

They delivered what they said, the technology is first rate and the customer service is the best!

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hi Kerry, thank you for the 5-star feedback and for being a 5-star customer, we appreciate you!

Jhon Doe Wayne, NJ

Coming up on my 6th month and still not finished installing!

Reply from Momentum Solar

Hello, I'm very sorry to hear you are still waiting to complete your install, please send us a private message here with your address and phone number and we will be happy to have customer care look into this.

Sophie stokes Danbury, CT

From the very beginning of my adventure with momentum solar , everything has been a very positive experience. From your agent Dianna right down to the workers who cleaned every tiny scrap of material. So far so 3. Thank you for improving my life.

Reply from Momentum Solar

Thank you so much for sharing an insightful and enthusiastic customer review, Sophie! We think you are 5-star as well.