In business since 2009 and headquartered in Metuchen, New Jersey, Momentum Solar is a solar energy contractor that sells and installs solar panels to businesses and homeowners in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida, Texas, and Connecticut.

With over 1200 employees, it is one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and specializes in providing customized solar power system installations for both residential and commercial properties and enabling clients to produce affordable, renewable energy while helping preserve the environment. Momentum Solar strives to achieve a 100 percent solar offset for its customers to maximize monetary savings and increase clean energy generation that reduces harmful carbon emissions.

Momentum Solar manages the entire customer lifecycle of its projects, including the sale, design, engineering, permitting, installation, and activation of each system, in an effort to provide great customer service and make the process as seamless as possible.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about Momentum Solar, as well as view Momentum Solar reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Multiple Payment Options, Including $0 Down
  • Customized Solar PV Systems
  • Simple, Straightfoward Solar Process
  • High Quality Solar Power Equipment
  • Convenient Online Payment Option
  • Long-Term Price Protection
  • Warranties
  • Maintenance and Monitoring
  • Moving Options
  • Solid Track Record

Multiple Payment Options, Including $0 Down

On Momentum Solar's website, the company states that it offers $0 down options in every state where it operates, and $0 down, $0 out-of-pocket options in the majority of states where it operates.

Available methods of payment include cash purchases, loans, solar leases, and Power Purchase Agreements. Momentum Solar will sync up with each customer to discuss the best financial options for their specific situation.

Customized Solar PV Systems

Momentum Solar understands that each customer has a unique home, lifestyle, and budget and strives to provide a personalized solution and experience for each individual customer. The solar provider custom designs, engineers, and installs each system to maximize energy output, savings, and aesthetic appeal.

Simple, Straightforward Solar Process

When a customer chooses to have a solar energy system installed by Momentum Solar, they can expect the process to be as follows:

1. Pre-qualification

2. Free, no-obligation consultation

3. Solar program enrollment

4. Site assessment, design, permitting, and solar installation

5. Final inspection and activation

High Quality Solar Power Equipment

For its solar systems, Momentum Solar offers premium solar materials and components; technology for maximized production; and streamlined, lightweight, and durable racking.

The company provides solar panels manufactured by a variety of different companies, including LG, QCELLS, Longi, REC, Trina, and Hyundai, and inverters produced by Enphase.

Convenient Online Payment Option

Momentum Solar gives customers the option to quickly and conveniently make payments online with a click of a button. To do this, customers simply need to visit the company's website, fill out a short form, and make the payment.

Long-Term Price Protection

Momentum Solar offers long-term price predictability so that customers will know they're paying for electricity today, tomorrow, and for the next 20 years that they have a solar PV system.

Warranties

Momentum Solar provides its customers with a 25-year equipment warranty to cover parts, as well as a 25-year workmanship warranty to cover the work of its solar installers. Customers can be confident that their solar systems will be protected under these warranties.

Maintenance and Monitoring

Momentum Solar offers complimentary system maintenance and monitoring with each of its commercial and residential solar systems, which helps to ensure that the system is always functioning optimally.

The company provides monitoring services through Enphase MyEnlighten, which allows customers to verify their system's health and performance; view energy production by month, day, or hour; analyze performance against historical weather data; and share performance information on social medial platforms from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet, or computer.

Moving Options

If a customer needs to sell their home while still under contract, Momentum Solar will allow them to transfer their solar agreement to the new homeowners. The company's customer experience team can walk the customer through the entire process and will help them to complete the transfer. Momentum Solar boasts a 100 percent success rate with system transfers.

Solid Track Record

Momentum Solar has more than a decade of experience in the solar industry and has undergone significant growth over that period. The company now has more than 1,200 employees and has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. several times.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Unfortunately, Momentum Solar does not offer its services nationwide. Currently, the company only operates in six states: New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida, Texas, and Connecticut.

While this service area is larger than that of some other solar installers in the industry, those who live outside of it will not be able to receive a solar panel installation from Momentum Solar at this time.

The Bottom Line

Momentum Solar is one of the fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and offers a number of attractive features for individuals looking to take advantage of renewable energy, including multiple payment options, a straightforward solar installation process, customized design, high quality equipment, online payments, long-term price protection, and warranties.

However, the company's area of operation is currently limited to New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida, Texas, and Connecticut, so individuals who live elsewhere are unable to receive a solar panel installation from Momentum Solar at this time.

If you live within the company's service area and are interested in utilizing solar PV to lower your electricity bill, Momentum Solar may be a good fit. We recommend reading Momentum Solar reviews from real customers below for more information. We also recommend taking advantage of one of the company's free solar quotes.

3.9

ScammedSenior

June 9th, 2020 North Bergen, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We were scammed. As seniors on social security we were sweet talked by a charming young salesman who told us it would cost us nothing & it would save us a lot as well as helping the environment. It may be helping the environment but it certainly is not saving us money. This is a mean scam on seniors who can't afford it and should be investigated by government authorities.

Brandon J

June 1st, 2020 St. Petersburg, FL

Borderline harassment - no, ACTUAL harassment. These people have robo-called my phone, from a neighbor-spoofing phone number (where the first six digits are the same as your phone number, to trick you into answering) no less than 3-4x a day, EVERY day, for the past 15 consecutive days. I have been ignoring the number because last year, a phony "bill collector" used the same phone # spoofing robo-calls to try to scam me. Momentum NEVER left any voicemails. I finally answered today because it was the exact same number calling repeatedly 3x in a row. Lo and behold, it was Momentum Solar. I did put my info into a website to get quotes 2 weeks ago - but non-scammy contractors with REAL PHONE NUMBERS called me, and I got quotes from them. Momentum's harassing marketing tactics lost them a sale and earned them a bad review. Re-think your call center strategy and stop harassing people from different neighbor-spoofed phone numbers like a scammer!

francisco giraldo

May 26th, 2020 Sarasota, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

completely irresponsible with what they promise you

Patrick McHugh

May 26th, 2020 Deltona, FL

My experiences with Momentum have been in trying to arrange a presentation as I am actually looking to have solar installed. I have received 8 separate calls over the past 7 days, 4 today alone, from whom I believe are telemarketers. I listened to their pitch and agreed to have them come out, only to be told they would not come if my wife could not be there. My wife and I have agreed that this is my project and that she is fine with whatever company I determine will provide the best service. In the meantime I have had 3 solar companies present their proposals and plan to have one more before I make my decision. It amazes me that a company trying to grow in a highly competitive industry would refuse to do business unless everyone in the house is present. I believe this is is a bad business decision and would be interested in knowing how many sales they have lost to companies who may charge more and provide less. Bottom line is I'll buy my solar system and Momentum will lose a potential sale of $30,000 plus. How many of those sales would have made a nice addition to the bottom line?

R F

March 6th, 2020 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We signed up for a roof replacement along with a 10.1KWH solar array back on Nov 2019. My city approved the permit on Dec 31 2019. Since then we have had nothing but issues. First appt. they could give was for Jan 29th (Wednesday). The day of install, they tell me that the product was ordered incorrectly. They later confirmed that issue was due to their roofing dept. they incorrectly specified the wrong material on the permit. They stated that they would need to submit a revision for the permit. 2 days later (Friday), the roofers came by and began with removing the existing roof and install of paper for new roof. One of the roofers told me not to move the ladder from the side of the house. That night it rained. Next day we found that roof was leaking, and water seeped into the ceiling above the living room. I called them several times, they said I would need to wait until Monday. We were lucky that the roofers came by to pick up some tools they left behind. I showed them the leak and the fixed the issue. As of Mar 1st, no one else has come by. The roofers ended up taking the ladder that Saturday and we failed the inspection on Monday. I have called and spoken to Ray their roofing VP. This was Feb 12th. He provided his cell number which i texted him requesting an update and have received no response. He stated that they were waiting for the city to approve the revision for a piece of flat roof we have. I have sent them emails with no replies. So, i decided to contact the city. They mentioned that they do see the revision from Jan 28th which they completed but are not releasing until the violation fee is paid. She also confirmed that they do not see another submission for the flat roof. I guess this company relies on given their clients false information and very poor customer service. I will never recommend this company and becoming vocal on social media platforms so that other people do not fall for this company's deceit.

Momentum Solar Logo

Reply from Momentum Solar

Mar 11, 2020

Hey, We are sorry that you had a bad experience. Please call us at (888) 666-3688 and we'll do our best to resolve this issue for you.

rwsiters

February 26th, 2020 Lampasas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Well to start off the Rep they sent was 30 mins late and when he got here blamed the company cause the small car they here him use. Being he was late that put me behind. He gave the information about the company and we started doing the finance part and he was telling me how the tax credit will lower the payment. Telling me that the credit was 26% but if the system was installed before the end of the month it would be 30%. Then he was telling me about the payment, well he said it lower then what was in the printout but the printout (e mail) was the loan agreement. I called him to make sure about the payment and he said it would be lower then what is says. WEll its not but I understood what I signed and the payment. But he did not know and told me the wrong payment. The install went well, they started and did not finish the first day. So they said they would call and setup another day but came back the next day. It rained the 2nd day so did not finish and said they would setup another day. The next day they install crew called and ask to come back and finish that Sunday so I said sure. They did finish Sunday, and told me some one would contact about the system. Well 3 day later the company called to setup and appointment to finish the install. I told them it was done on Sunday and they said oh they didn't let us know. But we are waiting on the electric company to inspect. @ days later the electric came to inspect and me why they did not turn the system on, well like I know that so he turned it on and it works good. Not the best sunny days yet but it works good and its not summer yet. But in short the company is good just need to get someone that knows what they are saying about the payments and explain Tax credit better.

thomask

January 29th, 2020 New York, NY

This company has called me about 50 times a day from weird numbers for the past several weeks. EVERY SINGLE CALL is the same... I pick up, no one says anything, and it hangs up exactly at 7 seconds. Please stop your robo-calling, or I will report your company.

Chris

January 14th, 2020 Seabrook, TX

Took time to go through the appointment setting with 2 phone calls and someone phoned me the day before and said they do not cover my area.

Derrick Warren

January 6th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have answers whenever I have questions

Josh in TX

January 3rd, 2020 Taylor, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Momentum put a system on our home in Taylor, TX in March 2019. We also opted to put a new roof on with them at the same time. I have been thoroughly impressed with how everything has turned out. I've only paid the utility company $8 once on the first bill after solar started and ever since we went solar! The utility company owes us money every month. Luckily, they know what they're doing and explained it all very well. Thanks, Momentum!

Kepert

December 31st, 2019 Middle Island, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I could take a long time ,but I'll try to keep this short.1) I'm on Long Island ,NY .This company is based in NJ. They took almost two months to put the solar system on. I told them that if they are going to work in Brookhaven town they should hire a expeditor.2) their communications are terrible,You're always in a state of unknown.One person ,never knows what the other is doing.I hired them because they are both a roofing and solar company ,and I needed both. But if didn't help. 3) I 'm still waiting on paper work and rebates to finalize the project. ( another two months later and counting )

James Davidson

December 31st, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From the beginning the Momentum Solar Staff were all very helpful and informative. We checked with other solar companies starting back in 2018 when we set my father's house up. The representatives from Momentum Solar, by far, are the most professional. My system was quoted, installed, and activated within three months. (My HOA ate up some of that time). My sales rep was ALEX S, and he is the main reason for the 5 Star Rating. He stayed available from start to finish and helped run some of the questions I had with HQ down for me. The company delivers what they say, and I definitely would recommend them. They addressed all questions and concerns promptly and professionally.

Elaine French

December 16th, 2019 Irvine, CA

The first young man Ryan F who came to my house to explain about Momentum was very thorough, polite and most informative... I still called and spoke to two young men in NJ....Steve and Bill S.. who made me more convinced I was doing the right thing about solar. I really don't know anything about this solar energy. Since then I have spoken to Julia U and knew by her manner of speech and they way she treated me that they are all educated, responsible individuals and I have nothing to worry about. I thank Julia for allowing me to ask so many questions but I am sure this is a first class Company, noticing their behavior towards me and am grateful to be having my solar put in by Momentum Solar.

Ellice Sanchez

November 1st, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Reg Flag! Reg Flag! Red Flag! I would give negative Stars if possible. I highly do NOT recommend this company [MOMENTUM SOLAR (PRO CUSTOM SOLAR LLC)]. MOMENTUM SOLAR (PRO CUSTOM SOLAR LLC). called me on a mass solicitation call; I typically don’t like any sales calls, but I did want solar panels installed on my house so I decided to stay connected on the call. Since they were the ones reaching out to me I thought this would be a _convenient_ situation for me as I did not have to go out and research a company nearby, They offered me to meet at 8am for a 30 minute appointment. I told them specifically that I had to be at work at 9am, but since the appointment was only 30 minutes, it would be fine on the timing with my 30 minute drive to work. I did ask the speaker about the timing and they had no worries about it. The next day while I was waiting for this person to show up, it was getting later and later. At 8:05am, I was thinking, “they must be stuck in traffic.” More minutes past by. I thought, “this is going to be really tight on timing to squeeze a 30 minute appointment in.” At 8:15am, I called the company and it took a few minutes to get connected to someone. I finally did; he did not know the status of the person I was supposed to meet with and said he could research it. I told him,” nevermind, don’t bother showing up. I can’t waste more time waiting around for you guys to figure this out. I am leaving for work and you can call me back later.” At 8:28am, a woman called me saying that her representative was at my house, but it looked like no one was home. I told her that was right, I spoke to the other guy on the phone and told them not to bother showing up. I was very worried on two points: 1 – Obviously the first guy I called did not talk to this manager. 2 – They just showed up 28 minutes late to a 30 minute appointment. The woman asked to reschedule. I told her I did not feel like I should because my trust in the company had already been broken. She insisted I re-schedule and offered a $100 inconvenience check. I really knew I could not trust them, but I was curious to know this price to have something to compare to the next quote I would get, so for that reason I very hesitantly accepted. I even was silent on the phone for a minute. The appointment was scheduled for the next day. I already did not trust them, and a quick Google search showed they were under litigation for racial claims. In general, a business under a lawsuit is not a good business to work with as they may have ethical concerns or may have funding issues. The next guy was late. I already decided that I would not do business with them, and if he did not show up it was no skin off my back. This guy did have a representative call me to tell me he was running late, so at least I was not sitting around and waiting for him, I got to eat my breakfast in the time he was late. The 2nd guy did give a decent proposal and what seemed like a really good price. I could not trust the company. I did tell him, I might gain some confidence in the word of the company if they followed through with the inconvenience check. I thought I would get it on the spot, but apparently it had to be mailed. I could not shake the feeling of unease, so I signed a contract with a different company. Some days later I got the inconvenience check in the mail. I deposited the check. A few more days later, and the bank told me the check had bounced and they were charging me a fee. I am now furious. The inconvenience check from Momentum for me bounced and the bank has charged me fees due to the bad check has become an inconvenience in itself. I really did not want to have the second appointment, but the woman on the phone insisted I gave Momentum a second shot to prove that the company was better than being 28 minutes late to a 30 minute appointment. If they were not going to honour the check, they could have just not wasted my time and not insisted on the second appointment. All my apprehensions about this company being untrustworthy have been verified. I have gone from just having a shaky untrustworthy feeling of Momentum, to a definite red flag warning to everyone I meet. I have never had this before (check bounce), but I will take all legal actions possible and leave honest reviews on all review platforms possible. Now, I have lost money and my precious time. DO NOT TRUST MOMENTUM SOLAR (PRO CUSTOM SOLAR LLC). -I would like to submit photo evidence to this review if possible.-

Belinda Clyburn

October 28th, 2019 Atlantic City, NJ

I love it!!! Got my first electric bill , And unbelievable , It was only $5.00 the lowest it ever been..

Mohammed Ali

October 21st, 2019 Paterson, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Momentum did a great job on my solar panels! The salesman (Vitaliy) was a great person. He spent over 3 hours with me. Answered all my questions and explained everything about the process! He wasn’t rushing me to sign up. The installation and everything went smoothly! It's been 3 months and i am saving $$$. So far i have a great experience with their awesome customer servic. Now, all i hope that if anything happens to my roof (i.e. leaking when rain, etc.) in the future they come and fix it right away!! Keep up the good work!!

Giuliana

September 17th, 2019 Oceanside, NY

Horrible company. I had an appt. set up one week ago for a Sat. So we free up time and we are waiting and waiting for a salesman to come. No one shows up so I called company to be told they cancelled our appt. because we don't have enough roof space. Unreal. Unprofessional. First off, I have a big house and plenty of roof space. And second, if this is true, which not, we should have been told on initial call.

Anne Tee

September 11th, 2019 Port Saint Lucie, FL

Made a presentation and we signed up. We canceled the next day because their price was more than a third more than 4 other companies. We subsequently went with a company that is reducing our electric use by 30% by insulating our attic, replacing our hot water heater and installing a variable speed pool pump. Momemtun was going to install 68 panels. The company we chose is installing 38. So for $20000 less and a better loan rate, we are getting a more energy efficient home.

Merf

August 13th, 2019 Saint Cloud, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far so good... 17 days after the salesman came to my home and we worked out a system, they came to do an assessment.. The gentleman that arrived was polite and explained to me the procedure.. after he was done we stood talking for an hour about life in general, cool dood.. lol.. I will report back as things happen.. today is Monday 8/12/19 and I hope to hear something price and system wise by this Friday

Betty Folger

August 2nd, 2019 Clearwater, FL

Joseph W and his crew from Orlando, FL office came out and installed our solar panels. They were very very good hard working, polite, on time..and they worked from 9:30 AM until 7:00 PM non stop putting up our panels in extreme heat. The company is out of NJ and I worked with Paris in NJ he was wonderful addressed the issue and was prompt on returning our calls. We have not had it hooked up yet to see how it works but so far everything was great. I will write another review once it is up and working and let you know how much we are savings...So far I highly recommend this company. Very professional, friendly, polite, and on time...something different for FL.

Marie Bremerkamp

July 29th, 2019 Venice, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Live in state of Florida where there are rainy summers. Our installation was scheduled for 2 days and of course it rained each morning slowing down process. After the second day about half install complete the foreman states that our job will have to be reschedule because there are already jobs scheduled for next week. Have know idea when or what time frame this will be. I think this company needs to learn that rain happens almost daily in Florida during the summer months and there needs to be a plan to work around the weather. WE have no idea when this job will be rescheduled or completed. I feel this is extremely poor customer service.

Bob

July 26th, 2019 Ocoee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What a complete waste of time. I did the presentation, had the roof inspected, chose one of 3 plans, lined up tree removal contractors,ready to go and then, nothing they just vanished. They even sent me architectural drawings, i approved, then never heard from them again. Tried calling, got someone take all my information, then put on hold, then new person wants all my information again. I couldn't imagine the trouble you would go through once they got your cash if you needed anything from them, its not going to happen.

Scammed

July 23rd, 2019 Willow Grove, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fast talking salesman . What he explain is not what we got. Now paying more then we did with PECO. We are senior citizens on social security. Our budget is right and just go a little tighter. WE WERE QUOTED 86.00 A MONTH Every month the charge increases

Roger Bennett

July 19th, 2019 Schertz, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

First and foremost I never was interested in solar, but my wife set up the appt so I just went with it. My experience started out with Mr. Stephen G coming to our home on time and very professional! Speaking with him I knew with his abundant knowledge on solar that I was dealing with the right company. He showed us the roof and where the panels would be placed, and explained the saving and got us qualified for the no money out of pocket. I recommend Stephen to anyone who wants to go solar and save big!

Elizabeth

July 10th, 2019 Winter Garden, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lies, Lies and more Lies! They hounded me to death to get a sale and then lied about everything. They were going to wire the system through my attic, they did NOT. All black panels with trim, they are NOT. Panels were to be attached directly to my clay tiles, they are NOT instead removing these extremly valuable tiles from my roof causing god knows what kind of damage. Nothing these people said is true even down to the name brand of solar panel to be used!

Geoffrey D Shelley

July 1st, 2019 Boynton Beach, FL

They told me I don't have the 'right' type of roof. Funny, no other solar company found my time roof a problem.

Rik

June 12th, 2019 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fast, good communication and very thorough. We decided that the fact that they used only Momentum employees for all the work and the highest quality components for our system was worth the slightly higher cost than a competitor who sells only “cheap prices”. Who wants a sub contractor on their roof with no insurance? The free monitoring system was icing on the cake. Highly recommend!

Louis Cash

June 12th, 2019 Largo, FL

No experience they cancelled saying the couldn’t use our roof. It’s funny the other two could so we signed up. There lose.

BJ Singh

May 29th, 2019 Davenport, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Momentum Solar was great to work with! I talked with 4 other companies before going with Momentum. They were honest and upfront with all information. The sales guy, Erik B, did a great job! The insatallation team was professional and thorough. I’m very pleased with the purchase. I recommend them to anyone looking to go Solar!

Armas Christiansen

May 24th, 2019 Wappingers Falls, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Set an appointment on the day of the appointment they canceled stating I had too many trees. Tried explaining that they weren't looking at an old pic. However I was basically made to feel like an liar. Oh well competitor here I come.

A

May 17th, 2019 Upper Darby, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst solar company to go through. They contracted a company to do our siding and roof from NY, which we live in PA, trashed our house, made it a hazard for neighbors and so on and we had to fire the first contractors they used. They had to compensate us at least $4k in damages and we are still noticing more damages as time goes by. Total lack of communication on top of that as well. I would never recommend anyone to go through what we did with Momentum Solar. Nothing good came out of it except a monster headache!!!!!

M Grubb

April 23rd, 2019 Twin Falls, ID

They use Indian telemarketers to robocall individuals on Do Not Call list

Wanda Medlock

April 15th, 2019 Winter Garden, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From the very beginning the communication between the foreman and me was excellent. There was a hiccup with the crew that started the job being allowed to finish but when I spoke with the scheduler and told him I required that the crew be allowed to finish he changed them back to finish my job. I can't say enough about how professional the installation crew was and they cleaned up every day. Most everything that the salesman told us would happen did. The main problem occurred in the timing of the power up and the payment of the panels. Even in this, however, the customer was listened to. It turned out that I had been told I would not have to pay two bills at the same time. ( solar panel and electric bill). Momentum was not aware that we would have to start paying for the solar panels through the finance company they had us use even before we could use them. The inspector had not come by the house to approve powering up the panels. Short version is that their salesman verified that he had told us what we claimed ( not paying electric bill and solar panel bill at the same time) so momentum actually paid one of the two bills!!! We never paid two bills and the CFO called me regarding this. Fast forward 6 months later and the panels are working fabulously!!!! The app they have to monitor the panels on the phone is wonderful. This is the company to go with!!!! I had several companies come to the house before I decided on this one and I am glad I did. Everything was 100% from the installation to customer service.

Kingsley

April 8th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are full of false information and advertising

Jennifer Osbourne

April 8th, 2019 Jamaica, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Because I am still paying Con Edison over a hundred and sixty dollars per month and you are taking more than we agreed upon

Dolan Jones

April 1st, 2019 Gibsonton, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sales Rep never provided promised Nets thermostat after multiple calls saying we will get it. its now been over 6 months

Irina

March 26th, 2019 Troy, TX

First and foremost-ALWAYS got for local company with the office located near you and not country wide something. Second-agent Scott was going to our house, since he asked exact energy usage as screen shot from our power company, we said we can get later only but can provide all 12 month numbers. Refused-said need exact site...why should I give info which is private?! He started screaming that he did 20 minutes drive for nothing? Who cares?! Well, long story short agreed to send him via email-sent, no answer, no confirmation. Sending email second time asking did he get it and GREAT MISTAKE-asked about cash price. People! Be aware-they dodn't do cash price-they need financing through them-this way they will share interest on your solar and take your rebates! We can install with great credit score but will not do. And people-think twice before installation. If you take more energy during dark time-you will get bigger bills with solar they put, because your solar will produce energy for power company and send through inverted when you don't take much in day time. Power company will "buy" it. but for the fraction of their price, but your kilowatts in dark time from them will be priced likely more expensive than you have now plus solar system price you will pay. You look for the hybrid solar system with storage of your produced power.

Walito

March 26th, 2019 The Bronx, NY

I cancelled my plan to go with Momentum Solar for the following reasons: 1. The salesperson did his presentation but the fact it appears that I was locked into something right away without having the time to research other companies. I asked several times to make sure that I was not being locked into anything and I was assured that I was not and it was their business practice to work with Dividend and have site surveys to obtain the best possible installation, with that information I allowed their staff on my property and in my home. 2. Customer service is not impressive the long wait times and being bounced to different departments to speak to different people. When I cancelled today the agent informed me I would be responsible for anything that was being made for my home. I explained that I was not committed to anything with this company. No one would spend that much money without checking other companies first and then coming to a rational conclusion. 3. I simply did not trust Momentum or their business practices. Thank goodness I did not move forward with this company. It seems that I avoided a long term headache.

Todd Cooper

March 18th, 2019 New Port Richey, FL

These people stink. I have a 15 year old roof and after they did a survey, I didn't hear from them again. They bullied to install new roof when not needed for $12,000. I received an estimate for $7,000 to do it. They pulled a permit but nothing is done or no contact.

Jeff Solomons

February 20th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Professional Staff. Purchasing was easy, no money down and I now save $100.00 per month on my electric bill.

bob

February 14th, 2019

After home visit during which they showed me a proposal on their tablet, I asked them to send it to me via email along with proposed contract documents so I could review terms and conditions They refused. Said I would need to commit first. I'm not going to do business with someone that won't even support their proposal in writing.

Margaret Gow

February 11th, 2019 Walnut, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had a lot of trouble initially and took forever to get it started. It was starting in April and finally was completely installed in September.

Linda Goldsmith

February 11th, 2019 Pflugerville, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was sometimes hard to get a hold of people. I had trouble finding out who was dealing with my account during installation

Frank

February 7th, 2019 New London, CT

Momentum solar power company made 2 different appointments with me to explain their solar contract they did not show up . Finally on the 3rd appointment they came and explained their contract. They wanted me to sign the contract before I knew the monthly price or the total amount of solar panels that they could put on my roof. (NOT HAPPENING). They phoned again for another appointment to remeasure my roof so I could get an accurate cost per month for solar power. (AGAIN NO SHOW) The sales person that did show up and explain the solar power did a very good job. He answered most of my questions. I would give him 4 stars. But overall with the no shows, signing a contract without knowing the starting price per month for 25 years (I do know the escalator rate, it goes up 2.9% compounded every year) I give Momentum 2 stars and that's generous.

Tim from fl

January 31st, 2019 Milton, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After doing research on line l had called momentum solar company to enquire about thier sales of solar for my home. Long story short. Due to their prescreening methods, they may have lost a cash sale. You assume that a person under a certain income would not qualify for your product or the tax credits offered. I tried to explain that I have an 820 beacon score and a small fix income but with an established financial package to include an ira/401. They said they call me back. My conclusion is that: 1. Your sales staff is poorly trained or 2. Your company is one of those fly by night companies that is sole purpose is to make a quick buck and to screw the consumer.

Mita Chowdhury

January 30th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not customer friendly. They don't respond on time. It is more than 6 months & we still don't have production.

James

January 25th, 2019 San Antonio, TX

No one showed or called for my first appointment. Hate having my time wasted!

Kent Spears

January 23rd, 2019 Lutz, FL

not willing to give any information on how it works. Scary. need to be in your home first. Scary

John M Oliphant

January 23rd, 2019 Killeen, TX

READ THE CONTRACT CAREFULLY!!! - The sales person said there is a 25 year warranty, but the contract states that the PV system (solar panels) are sold "AS IS" and if the system proves defective following purchase "YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING OR REPAIR..." We exercised our right to cancel the agreement within three business days.

Sue

January 17th, 2019 East Quogue, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Didn't return phone calls didn't set up the electrical inspection right