Previously known as Vision Solar, ION Solar is a full-service solar energy provider that was founded in 2013. Full-service includes a custom-designed system, all permitting, solar installation, inspection, and solar panel system maintenance.

ION Solar aims to offer affordable solar solutions that give customers the benefits of solar with little or no up-front costs. The company's services are currently available in Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Virginia.

#1 SunPower chevron_right
#2 Zenernet chevron_right
#3 Sol-Up chevron_right
4.9

The Good

• No Subcontracting
  • Maintenance is Included
  • Increased Home Value
  • System Monitoring
  • Awards and Certifications

No Subcontracting

ION Solar does not outsource any of its installations, meaning the company installs every solar panel and inverter itself. Working with a full-service provider like ION Solar generally bodes well for homeowners as the company will then have full control over who is in and around your home and your family.

If you ever come across a company that does use subcontractors for any part of the project, we would suggest finding another solar company to do business with— it's just too risky. While the solar company itself might be licensed, the subcontractors might not be. Additionally, the more people who are involved in the project, the bigger chance there is for miscommunication and lack of quality.

Maintenance is Included

ION Solar states that the system they provide you includes free maintenance and repairs for the entire life of the contract.

In reality, solar panels don't require much maintenance other than being sprayed down with water every few months to keep the dust and dirt buildup that could limit sunlight off of them.

However, if something does happen, ION Solar will be there to take care of it for you.

Increased Home Value

Installing solar panels will increase the value of your home and, according to ION Solar, if you ever sell your home, the company will transfer your solar power agreement to the new owner. Therefore, having a solar system that is already in place and transferable will automatically increase your home's value and could make it easier to sell.

System Monitoring

Another beneficial feature ION Solar offers is system monitoring.  Unfortunately, the company doesn't specify exactly what that monitoring entails, whether it's for production, usage, or both.  Obviously, it's to your benefit to have both.

However, ION Solar states that it will monitor your system 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If there's ever a problem, the company will know about it and send a technician out immediately.

Awards and Certifications

ION Solar has been listed as one of America's 500 fastest-growing companies by Inc. Magazine. The company has also been certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners, a solar industry-recognized nonprofit organization charged with promoting best practices in solar power.

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Reported Deceptive Marketing Practices

Limited Availability

Unfortunately, ION Solar's availability is relatively limited; the company only offers its services in eight states:

• Colorado
  • Florida
  • Nevada
  • New Mexico
  • North Carolina
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Virgina

Customers who live outside of this service area won't be able to take advantage of the company's renewable energy services.

Reported Deceptive Marketing Practices

Many customers have reported being lured in to ION Solar by an offer of a "free" solar system and were told there was "no catch".

However, apparently this is just a marketing tactic to get people to sign up for the company's lease program. This is definitely a deceptive marketing tactic, which tarnishes the company's reputation and may result in loss of client trust.

The Bottom Line

ION Solar does not subcontract any of its work and offers system maintenance and monitoring, and provides several payment options (including a solar lease) to help customers reduce their dependence on fossil fuel. However, the solar installer's availability is limited to eight states and its marketing practices are questionable.

View Best Solar Companies

Cory V

February 11th, 2019 Rio Rancho, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fast, easy, professional, clean and friendly!

Oct 16, 2019

Fast, easy, professional, clean, and friendly is what we aim to deliver! We appreciate you sharing your experience with us - it put a big smile on our faces. Thank you for choosing ION Solar!

Denver Consumer

February 9th, 2019 Aurora, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If you are looking for a "Premium Solar Company" Look else where. If you do end up going with ION do yourself a huge favor and at least ask to see the electricians licence. ION came through and let me know I needed a service upgrade to receive the solar. They claimed they would pay for it, yeah that didnt happen. Then the "electrician" that came out to do the work, turned a 110 circuit into a 240 circuit and blew up my basement. Oh yeah, I tried to cancel and they said theyu would keep my down payment and sue me

Feb 14, 2019

Hello, we would like to sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had. We'd like to learn more about your specific situation and make things right. If you wouldn't mind emailing us at or calling 888-781-7074 at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards earning back your business.

M.Rey Vin

February 1st, 2019 Chesapeake, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tom D is the guy to ask for if you want your solar panel project in your house. He will be with you every step of the way and will always have your back. I ask him for everything and always have an answer. He explained the whole process to us and made it very simple to understand. Our project manager was equally awesome as Tom, they did all the leg work for us, and nothing up front. Great to work with and honest people. The team that came and installed my panels finished in one day. Very respectful, courteous and professional. Highly recommend this to anyone

Oct 16, 2019

Wow, thank you for this wonderful review and recommendation! We're so happy to hear you had such a great experience with Tom and your Project Manager.

James

January 29th, 2019 Rio Rancho, NM

Great job, team of workers arrived early.

Oct 16, 2019

Thank you for this 5-star review, James!

Stephen Lewandowski

January 29th, 2019

Installation is complete as of this writing. All contacts from employees of Ion have been extremely courteous and friendly. The installation was completed in a timely fashion and the job site was left in a clean and orderly fashion. We are waiting on the meter installation by the electric company at this point. So far - all is right.

Oct 16, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Stephen! We appreciate it.

Trisha

January 28th, 2019 Fountain, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good company, great service, easy and fast install.

Oct 16, 2019

Trisha, we're thrilled to hear you are happy with our services! Thank you for choosing ION Solar!

Keith L Martin

January 26th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've had my system for months and it's awesome to be making the world a little better everyday. I had a great experience with ION. They were great through the entire process. I see some reviews that are reporting that there are a few customers who feel that they are "double" paying for solar panels AND their electric bills. That's simply misleading and a misunderstanding. I receive a small bill for the solar system and a REALLY small electric bill. However, the amount that I actually pay out for electricity every month is actually much less now. I'm saving money AND I'm buying a CLEAN ENERGY power plant for my home. I've been a home repair and remodeler for years, and in my opinion, solar panels are about the best investment you can make in your home. Literally, your family gets a clean and safe power plant on the roof of your home that pays for itself. The Colorado "Net Metering" laws essentially mean that every watt of solar created by my system is sold back to my power company which eliminates my electric bill. It all evens out to be a basically free power system that will eventually be completely paid for in it's entirety by the power company through bill credits, not to mention the government's tax incentives. Other than the profitable aspects of solar, I feel like I'm making a real difference for my children and for our planet. Solar is the ONLY home system that can provide enough return on your investment to not only pay for itself, but eventually will make a monthly contribution to your budget by completely eliminating a power bill. Also, Keep in mind that electricity costs go UP over time so the watts that my system sells back to the power company become more and more valuable. Solar systems by ION are a no-brainer and electric power is going to continue to be a human need. In my humble opinion, Coloradans shouldn't let this opportunity pass us by. Make a difference to our world while still greatly raising the value of your home. Most of all. Let the power company pay for it through bill credits. We are ALL going to need solar eventually. Fossil fuels are going away.... There's only so much oil on Earth and we have already found most of it. Seriously. Look into it! Net metering is Colorado state law, so the utility companies have no choice but to comply. This means BIG rebates and incentives for us customers who are willing to make the switch to solar NOW. I found ION Solar to be a great place to get started with a great system. I'm enjoying these benefits myself every month, and I feel like a hero because I'm doing my part for our planet. This is one of those rare occasions when saving the planet is the profitable thing to do as WELL as the RIGHT thing to do.

Oct 16, 2019

Keith, thank you for this wonderful review! We're so happy to hear you are saving on your monthly electric costs. We agree solar is the more efficient and clean energy choice! We appreciate you sharing your experience with us!

Paul

January 17th, 2019 Morrison, CO

Great company. I felt they fully explained everything to us,We had several issures with Xcel energy but they helped me thru them. Their people were always on time for appointments and didn't use a 3 hour window for arrival times

Oct 16, 2019

Thanks for the review, Paul. While we aim to make solar simple and easy, but sometimes there are hiccups - we appreciate your patience!

LUTHER A BROWN

January 15th, 2019 Cañon City, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ion Solar was understanding with the delays that were incurred because of a resent hail storm. The installation team was fast and knowledgeable able to answer all of our questions. I would highly recommend this company.

Oct 16, 2019

Luther, thank you for the review and recommendation!

Jerry Galvan

January 15th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ion’s representatives were informative and helpful throughout the permitting and installation process. Would highly recommend their customer service to anyone.

Oct 16, 2019

Jerry, thank you for the review and recommendation! We're thrilled to hear our team was helpful and informative throughout the whole process.

Bruce A Phillips

January 12th, 2019 Longmont, CO

All I can say is Excellent Service in all phases from start to finish. Ion's Professional Team worked with us, answer all of our questions and show up 15 minutes before all our meetings with them.

Oct 16, 2019

Bruce, we appreciate your kind words. Hearing you had an "excellent" experience made our day. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

RICHARD MCMILLAN

January 8th, 2019 Aurora, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ion Solar is a great company. Their employees - from the sales staff to the on site installation resources - are kind, professional, knowledgeable and well informed. They are focused on getting the system installed and functional as quickly and efficiently as possible, while also willing and able to answer any questions one might have during the process.

Oct 16, 2019

Richard, thank you for choosing ION as your solar provider. Our team of in-house specialists are dedicated to making solar quick and easy for our customers. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review!

Alex

January 7th, 2019 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am in Albuquerque. The cost wasn't the cheapest but the Company was willing to work with me to run the conduit in the wall for a seamless look. Their electrician did a really awesome job. However, while the installation was great, the sales was terrible. My recommendation is not to use this company unless you've become an expert in what a kwh is and exactly how many you need. I was naive and thought I could rely on "professionals" to correctly calculate what I needed. Well a year later I am at 70% coverage when I was told I'd be at 120%. Going through my paper work, they didn't estimate how we discussed and left the vital summer months out of the calculation. When I called to inquire, I just received people willing to sell me more rather than tell me what happened. I had to figure it out on my own and have never heard back from them regarding a solution. Every time I get a bill where I have to pay, I just think how horrible this experience has been and how I wished I did my due diligence upfront rather than relying on someone else to do the right thing. Don't make my mistake!

Oct 16, 2019

Alex, we apologize for our delayed response. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and providing this useful feedback. We're sorry that you felt our calculations were off - we understand how frustrating that would feel! When your energy offset changes, it can often be due to your energy usage increasing or decreasing over time. We build your system to match your energy needs based on previous usage patterns. If there is anything else we can help you out with, please don't hesitate to reach out. You can reach us by calling us at 888-782-7074 or emailing us at . Thanks.

David Cunningham

December 20th, 2018 Pueblo, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

All and all the experience has been outstanding. I love the power output. My only complaint would be the constant phone calls.

Oct 16, 2019

David, thank you for the useful feedback. We try to keep our customers informed and up-to-date every step of the process. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us!

James Gilbertson

December 14th, 2018 Pueblo, CO

We have been very happy with the overall quality of the work as well the service and support. They stayed in constant contact with us and always kept us informed about the process. Awesome job

Oct 16, 2019

James, thank you for this awesome review! And thank you for choosing ION as your solar provider!

AMY LORENZ

December 14th, 2018 Aurora, CO

Easy process that just made sense. I own the system. It was just installed. The panels look great. The team has been very professional all along the way.

Oct 16, 2019

We're thrilled to hear you are happy with your experience and the look of the panels. Thank you for the review, Amy!

Sherri Dankers

December 12th, 2018 Denver, CO

Painless and fast, would recommend this company to anyone looking for a solar solution. Best solar company I have ever worked with.

Oct 16, 2019

"Painless and fast" - that is what we love to hear! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Sherri!

Govinda upreti

December 11th, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Its a super nice and able to save a lot of money .

Oct 16, 2019

Govinda, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thanks!

LAURA DORN

December 11th, 2018 Cañon City, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Working with Ion Solar was a pleasure. Everyone was patient, kind & considerate, & answered all my questions. M. Rowley made sure I understood the step by step process & understood the new terminology I was learning. I received my 1st electric bill 12/7/18 after one month of being on line with Ion Solar. I had a 53.00 credit! That made my day! One less bill to pay! I have not had any problems with my new system, I don't notice a difference in power service.

Oct 16, 2019

Laura, we're thrilled to hear you had a credit on your electric bill! Amazing! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thanks!

Alyssa K.

December 10th, 2018 Commerce City, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would not use this company if I was you! I did my research on ION Solar when we were first approached by them, and felt that they would be a good company to proceed with. I was very wrong. We have had issues from installation: - We live in a new build. Instead of waiting a year to get an accurate idea of what our energy usage is, they came to our neighborhood after 4 months. They said that they could accurately give an estimate of what our usage is because they can check average usage of other houses similar to ours with the utilities company. We moved in to our house late October, so we had not used AC yet. We were assured that this would be accounted for in our quote. It was not, so our quote was horribly off the minute we started using AC. - They sent a new electrician out to our house to set up the panels. He used up our entire breaker box instead of installing a new one (so if we ever need to add anything, we have to install our own box), and he forgot to turn all of the power back on when finished, costing us hundreds in frozen food because the breaker he forgot to turn back on was for our freezer. - Our $500 check that we got for covering the first year of payments took months to get to us when we were promised that it would be sent as soon as the system was up and running. - Our system was turning off every day during the summer from 11am-7pm. ION Solar didn't notice that there was an issue until I called them because our system wasn't producing any solar energy. It took them three weeks to send someone out to look at it. When I asked them to reimburse us for part of the bills that we received during the time our system was unknowingly turning off each day, I was told they would not reimburse because “they cannot guarantee the service of the solar panels”. - Our system still is not generating the power we were promised. In our initial quote, our sales rep, Brian N. promised that our solar panels would produce 98% of the energy we used. They don’t even come close to that. When I spoke with the regional manager, he said that our sales rep shouldn’t have quoted so high and that solar panels rarely produce that high of a percentage. Our roof is pretty maxed out and only has room for one more panel, so the likelihood of us coming close to the % of solar usage that we were quoted is pretty slim in my opinion. - When my husband went up to the roof to put on Christmas lights (and take down the red tape that ION solar had left after installation) he noticed that there was nothing that looked like a critter guard on our solar panels. This was something he had discussed with the sales rep and was told would be installed. We are a young family, and are trying our hardest to make the best financial decisions right now, to help set us up for a better future. Although we liked the environmentally friendly aspect of solar panels – this was largely a financial decision. Based on the quote that we were provided, it would have saved us money to switch to solar panels and have a (as quoted) $20-$30 utility bill and then the bill for the solar panels. However since our system does not adequately fit our house usage in the way we were promised when we signed up, we are still paying a decent utility bill on top of the monthly payment for the solar panels. We are not planning on this being our forever home, so we most likely won’t be here after we have the solar panels paid off. At this rate, it is going to cost us more annually to have the solar panels then it would to have just paid our utility bill. We honestly probably would have held off to purchase the solar panels until later if we had been given some accurate quotes on what it would have cost us each month. Other neighbors agree that they would not have purchased the solar panels from ION Solar if they knew that the savings would not be what we are quoted, as they all are having issues with their solar panels producing what we were told they would produce. I really like to give people/companies the benefit of the doubt. I have tried to be patient and logical while working through our issues with ION Solar, but after 8 months of dealing with issue after issue, it is very hard to remain optimistic about the situation. I am very hopeful that the solar panels will build up enough stored power in the winter/spring to offset our usage and bring us closer to what our quote was, but am very doubtful that that will happen based on the info that I have so far. I know that quotes can be off, but when there are at least five families that I know of that have the same issue we are experiencing, that is more than a bad quote, that is a deceptive marketing strategy. If ION Solar is not checking the quotes that their sales reps are providing to make sure that they are reasonable, then they should be responsible for trying to make it up somehow to those of us who signed up under false pretenses.

Chetan Patil

December 6th, 2018 Parker, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was really pleasure working with Ion solar guys. Brian made it very easy to understand complete process, Samantha managed this project very well with great professional integrity. From start to end everything was handled very carefully and nicely. If anyone looking to have solar I would highly recommend talking to ION guys.

Oct 16, 2019

Chetan, thank you for the review and recommendation! We strive to provide a premium experience for our customers, and we're thrilled to hear we were able to deliver. Thanks!

Larry Matherly

December 4th, 2018 New Braunfels, TX

The entire process has been great everyone is professional and helpful I spoke to 3 companies before choosing ION

Oct 16, 2019

Larry, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thank you for trusting ION as your solar provider!

Debbie

December 4th, 2018 Williamsburg, VA

Ion did it all! From selling me on the gorgeous and elegant panels, to pulling city permits and getting my HOA approval, installing, inspecting, and great customer care from my project manager as well, I am happy as a lark, and ready for my electric company to come put in a new electric box, and I'm solar!!!

Oct 16, 2019

We loved reading "gorgeous and elegant" to describe the panel installation. We pride ourselves on using only premium, top-tier equipment. Thank you for is wonderful review, Debbie!

Michael King Jr

December 1st, 2018 Saratoga Springs, UT

After doing research on Ion and getting a quote from them, Vivint, and Blue Raven Solar, and meeting with our sales guy (Christian R.) who spent a ton of time walking my wife and I through everything... It was a no brainer who to go with. They came in below everyone else from a cost standpoint. Truth be told we were nervous about signing any contract, but Christian pointed out we essentially are in a verbal contract with the power company now and we will always need power, but why wouldn't we want to get locked into one low price were the bill will eventually go away. Solid point... why would want to continue to pay the rates RMP determines?? The guys that came to our home were super nice and cleaned up everything when they were done, including taking off their shoes! Seriously could not be more impressed with the service, respect, and the 1 on 1 attention I got through the whole process. Thank you ION! You will have more business coming your way from our neighbors!

Oct 16, 2019

Michael, thank you for this awesome review! We're happy to hear that after doing your research you felt confident with ION. We will be sure to pass your kind remarks onto Christian.

Catt Becker

November 30th, 2018 Windsor, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had a great experience working with Ion Solar, in every stage of the process. The initial approach and sales conversations were very professional and educational, and helped us make the best decision for our needs. The preparation and work phases also, excellent employees and good communication all along the way. Now that we are up and live with our own solar power, we are very happy.

Oct 16, 2019

Catt, we had a great experience working with you! We love working with homeowners to help them save money and the planet. Thank you for the review!

Sheri

November 30th, 2018 Peyton, CO

Everyone has been so helpful and friendly

Oct 16, 2019

Sheri, we appreciate your kind words. Thanks!

Beth

November 29th, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Quick and fairly smooth process to have solar installed on our house

Oct 16, 2019

Beth, thank you for the wonderful review!

Tayler Pino

November 14th, 2018 Berthoud, CO

Great experience from the very start of the process. The advisor was so knowledgeable and excited about what he was presenting.

Oct 16, 2019

Tayler, thank you for the review!

Eric

November 12th, 2018 Castle Rock, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company, great experience! High quality equipment and installation, great customer service. Friendly, professional team. Highly recommend!

Oct 16, 2019

Eric, thank you for the review and recommendation!

Smith Family

November 5th, 2018 Castle Rock, CO

We were contacted by another Solar Company last year. When the salesman arrived at our house he didn't even have a piece of paper or anything to write with. So when my husband said he had made an appt. with another Solar company. My first thought was, here we go again. However, when the salesman from ION arrived he was professional, well prepared, answered all our questions. All of the people from ION were always professional, friendly, and well trained in their field. Everything that ION had control over was always done in a timely manner. The only snags were from our Town Inspection rules and waiting for a permit to operate from IREA.

Oct 16, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We pride ourselves on providing a premium service and that starts from the initial consultation!

Margaret Orraj

November 4th, 2018 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We are very happy with Ion Solar! Excellent communication throughout the process, quality work and better energy returns than estimated. If you want Solar go with Ion Solar!

Oct 16, 2019

Margaret, thank you so much for this wonderful review! We're thrilled to hear your energy returns were better than what was estimated!

Michelle Farnholtz

November 2nd, 2018 Castle Rock, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I ever had a situation along the process they would respond in a timely manner.

Nov 03, 2018

Hi, Michelle. Thanks for writing this awesome review, we really appreciate it!

Dennis Wait

October 31st, 2018 Pueblo, CO

The energy adviser Justin G presented ION solar to us and my wife and I thought that it would be a good choice to go Solar. So we sign up with Justin who said that it would take awhile for everything the fall into place. It seemed like a long while before anything was happening then we heard from Micheal R our Project manger. He keep us informed as to what was happening next. This is very important, keeping us imformed makes it feel like you haven't beeen forgotten. The people that installed the unit were very quick and professional.

Nov 03, 2018

Hello, Dennis! Thank you for your lovely review of our project manager Michael. We agree, he is always on top of things and we feel lucky to have him.

Michael Wiggins

October 5th, 2018 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I could not have chosen a more knowledgeable and professional company! I’m very impressed with my system! Thanks Ion!!!

Oct 18, 2018

Thank you so much for you kind words, Michael. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us!

Jenny D

September 30th, 2018 Monument, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Quick and professional service. We are very pleased with the work and look of our solar panels.

Nov 03, 2018

Hi, Jenny! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with ION Solar. We are thrilled you are pleased with our work and the look of the panels!

Cesar Tellez

September 28th, 2018 Caldwell, ID

Ion solar is the worst! The salesman was awesome and so did the product I was so ready and excited to go solar but afterwards I had a few questions about what would happen if I moved so I put it on hold. Unfortunately as a construction worker my phone broke during the week so went without a phone for 4 days when I finally got the new phone I turned it on and I was blown up with voicemails and harassing text messages from Erik R about fines and calling me names and this guy is supposed to be the “VP” for their resolutions center. That made me realize this company is a joke and desperate if their “VP” acts like that... WARNING do not deal with this company!!!

Oct 18, 2018

Hi Cesar, we are sorry to hear about your disappointment with us. You're right, this is unacceptable. We pride ourselves on providing a premium experience for our customers. I can't imagine how this may have happened but if you will allow we would like to get to the bottom of this miscommunication and make it right. Our Director Of Operations has been notified of your situation and will be reaching out soon. We are genuinely sorry this happened and look forward to speaking with you.

Ranessa Wiley

September 27th, 2018 Brighton, CO

I was very excited about ion solar. Until they did our house terribly. We had wires sticking out and a partial bird guard around our stuff. The only thing that looks good is the pipe on the side of the house that is painted the same color as our house. When they installed the boxes on the side of the house it was also not level and looked terrible. It failed inspection by the city too. Not only that they dont call you to check up on you, they text you. When they text you they take forever to respond. They do not communicate, so we still do not have all of our stuff promised to us. Not satisfied at all with this company.

Oct 18, 2018

Hi Ranessa, we would like to apologize for your negative experience with the installation of your system. We're known for providing a full-service solar experience and this includes experienced technicians. We appreciate your feedback as it will help us better improve our services. Our Director of Operations has been notified of your experience with ION Solar and someone will be reaching out shortly if you would like to discuss this further.

Rita Lewis

September 8th, 2018 Boise, ID

Two weeks ago Chad W and his lovely assistant came by to offer my family a fabulous deal on solar panels for our home. The presentation was so thorough we decided we Had to have it. Unfortunately after consideration we decided we had to cancel our contract for now. However, when we are able to go through with it I will not hesitate to call Mr. W to set us up with ION SOLAR POWER,

Oct 18, 2018

Rita, thank you so much for the awesome review-and we agree, Chad truly is a gem to have on our team!

Nathaniel WilliamsNnNn

August 27th, 2018 Colorado Springs, CO

I really like the guys working on my solar. They were fast and clean. Every time I ask the sale person about my solar, they gave me the answer with out any problems. When the guys were done, one of the guys stay behind and check to see if my wired were working on my solar.

Nov 03, 2018

Nathaniel, we are so happy to hear our sales person and installers were able to make the process run smoothly for you. We strive our best to give all of our customers a premium solar experience from start to finish. Thank you for your kind review!

Jesse Martinez

August 15th, 2018 Kyle, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've appreciated the professionalism of explaining how ION works and have been transparent in how the company process works from start to finish. The billing process was clear & the rep gave us options to choose from. Allowing us to see our minimum to high pmt options. They explained that we have 3 days to cancel if we changed our minds for any reason. I really like the fact that ION is one company and not contracted out. I've dealt with companies that pass the buck & with this company they don't. The panels they offer are quality & will absorb energy fully without slowing/stopping the amount of absorption of energy if a panel is shaded (not affecting other panels). The customer service has been open, polite, & informative. I've not discovered the company as not being transparent. My rep was upfront & welcomed questions during our mtg & through the stages of getting solar panels. To me its been a no brainer to get solar panels & be with this company that's part of our energy solution! I refer this company out a lot! I've not received any negative feedback. The warranty is also competitive with other companies.

Nov 03, 2018

You're the best, Jesse. Thank you for sharing the positive experience you had with us. We pride ourselves in being a full-service solar provider, so this review means a lot to us!

Jerry Creekpaum

August 8th, 2018 Riverside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent experience. My options were well presented and explained by the salesperson. There was a sprinkler line broken during the panel upgrade, they were immediately responsive and had it repaired within 24 hours of being notified, at no charge, no questions asked. Installation was completed as promised on schedule.

Nov 03, 2018

Hello, Jerry! More than anything, we want our customer's switch to solar to be easy. Thank you for sharing your positive experience of switching to solar with ION. We really appreciate it.

Dawnmarie McFarlane

June 30th, 2018 Arvada, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Don't use ION solar, find another company. We had issues with them causing damage to our home, and they are now ignoring our emails and attempts to have them complete the repair work for the damage they caused (they stepped off the joist in the attic and caused damage to the cieling in our living room). Additionally, the electrician they sent was a new hire, who had not received sufficient training, and came to complete the job without any senior technician to supervise. After over 12 hrs in our home he left with the electrical being about half complete. Although they knew the electrical was not complete, they allowed the state inspection, and then when the incompetent inspector gave them the "pass", they said, oh well, at least we have the passed inspection. We have video from our Ring doorbell of the ION guy talking about the "passed" inspection, even though the electrical hadn't been completed.

Oct 18, 2018

Hi Dawnmarie, we would like to extend our most sincere apologies regarding issues with your installation. We have a high standard of quality and there should never be exceptions to that. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you more. Our Director of Operations has been informed of your situation and someone will be reaching out shortly if you would like to discuss it further. It's important to us that our customers are more than satisfied and are genuinely sorry this happened.

DW R

June 25th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been very pleased with ION. They installed my system in Feb of 2018 and I have been enjoying no power bill for a few months now. The only thing I pay my power company is the connection fee which is a flat fee I guess each month no matter what. My interactions with every employee was overall good. There was some miscommunication with the installers showing up earlier than expected, but when they give you a window of time to show up, you generally dont expect them to be right on time! I would recommend ION to my friends and family.

Nov 03, 2018

Hello, thank you so much for your positive review! Isn't it so nice having no power bill? We are so pleased you are enjoying your solar system.

Krystal

May 4th, 2018 Henderson, NV

Pricing was INSANELY high for Las Vegas at $4.15/watt! They tried to tell me that NV Energy currently charges me 15 cents a kwh. That is absolutely incorrect. It's 11 cents and has NEVER been 15 cents. They quoted a system that was well under the size I needed and tried to tell me it was an 80% offset. I use 15,000 kwh and they were only going to deliver 9,000 kwh. Don't waste your time with these liars.

Patrick Johnson

April 18th, 2018 Huntington Beach, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

VERY SCAMMY... BEWARE problems started day 1. Construction was delayed, we went through 5 project managers all with different reasons for new delays. Now I get my statement from the loan company and what I signed up for is approx $4,000 more. I have had a dozen phone calls and over 100 emails to resolve. Maddy T. told me they would refinance my loan to align with our agreement with what salesman promised. Now she has disappeared without actually doing anything. This has been going on for months. No customer service, very scamy. beware

Nadene Frick

November 14th, 2017 Pittsburg, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It took me 3 and a half months to have the breakers replaced that were installed incorrectly in my box. That may have been the cause of my air conditioner going out and, since they were over heating, may have caused an electrical fire. It wasn’t until I went to the California State Contractors Board that they finally responded. Also, corporate headquarters are in Utah. I would recommend going with a company in the state you live in. I was also told a lot of things that were not true when we dealt with sales...such as they come out and clean the panels.

Mike

September 26th, 2017 Camarillo, CA

Recently installed. So far so good. They have kept all of their scheduled appointments, installed it very quickly and have delivered on everything they promised.

Happy Girl

August 18th, 2017

I have had many solar companies come by my home. I spoke to a couple of them but did not like what they offered, so I quit talking to them. After about a month ION showed up at my door. I decided to listen one more time. I was amazed by what they had to offer. ION has been great. They have great customer service and I would highly recommend them.

Shawn Stephens

August 15th, 2017 Erie, CO

He was awesome and hung in there like a champ as we had toddlers running around throwing balls at him..

LAWRENCE A CALDWELL

August 13th, 2017

I like the service I received from this company, the equipment is attractive and impressive. after the installation was complete on my home, several neighbors like it so much they purchased the same system. I live in Hercules Ca. My rep go's by the name Mario and I can tell you, he is very knowledgeable and always available when ever me are my neighbor call. I don't usually give reviews, I had to this is one of the best purchase I have made.