ION Solar

7.4

Scott Gemmell

I really loved my experience with getting my solar on my home. I know solar pretty well and my experience with Ion Solar was very clean. They communicated with me on a regular basis and let me know of the process and current step I was in. I'd highly recommend this solar company.

Aubree R Manassas, VA

My system was installed and we just turned it on yesterday!! Super excited about our solar system. ION was awesome and we have already reached out to a few of our friends for referrals. Melissa was great and always kept us informed through the process.

Lewis Nuttall Long Beach, CA

I'm extremely happy with Ion Solar. They have exceeded my expectations. They delivered on everything they said they would and everyone we have dealt with has been very professional. We love our new system and we are so excited to see the money we are saving.

Sharon Burke Walnut Creek, CA

I have been very happy with my Solar Vision solar system. The system and billing work as explained to me. The sales representative took a lot of time to answer my question and make me feel comfortable with the contract. Two thumbs up, highly recommend.

Robert R

Leaving this review for my mom, she got solar with Vision Solar and couldn't be happier. She has a flat, fixed payment and will now own her power instead of endlessly throwing her money at the power company. Vision Solar did a fantastic job!

Aaron Ashby

We selected Vision after talking to 4 other solar companies. All of them were disorganized and seemed like used car salesmen. Vision was completely different - very professional with organized systems and a very knowledgeable and personable sales person in Doug Rose. The installation was pretty good with some nice extras (A Nest thermostat and LED light bulbs) though they did leave a bit of a mess around the perimeter of the house. They also did have problems connecting the monitor/app and in fact those problems became a big frustration as the panels were only producing, or reporting about 20% of what they were supposed to for the first few months. This caused us to lose a significant amount of money and feel like we had been ripped off. Vision continued to communicate with us and finally got the problem fixed. Now that it is working well we are pretty satisfied.

Roark Janis Salt Lake City, UT

Vision Solar was the best to work with; I know because I started with another company first and switched. Vision Solar listened to me, met my design requests, answered all my questions and provided quality installation and great customer service!

Chanel Kidd Orem, UT

Vision Solar installed my system in May and has been great. It is producing and my electric bill has been reduced as discussed. What I really like is the look of their system compared to their competitors. I also really liked their customer service, I got a call every week with the status of my project.

Phil Brangers Summerville, SC

Vision is by far the best solar company in South Carolina. They only do ownership in SC not leasing which is the only way to win with solar. The sales rep was very open and transparent at the door, and our panels look much nicer and cleaner than the system across the street, and I am saving over 40 bucks a month on my power.

Steven Parker Parker, CO

The process went smoothly with constant updates to the progress.

Wayne Simmons Fredericksburg, VA

Very efficient and professional! Arrived on time and was always available to answer any questions we had.

Rito Baca Chesapeake, VA

Installation was quick and smooth. Great communication throughout the entire process! Highly recommend this company.

Kaitlyn Fox Denver, CO

Very happy with the overall experience. We never felt pressured or like we weren't in control. Highly recommend Ion Solar!

Gary Vienna, VA

The planning and installation was top notched! Ion kept in touch with me every step of the way and advised me of any and all progress!

Gino Hernandez

Great service. Great at communication and answered all my questions. Made me feel comfortable with such a large and longterm investment.

Javier Gutierrez San Antonio, TX

Lots of communication while I was in the process of signing the contract. That stopped once i signed it. Paid my first payment and hadn't gotten my system approved to turn on. Oh I'm still waiting for my $500 gift card 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Rod Watson Salt Lake City, UT

Their installation crew was very professional and it turned on easily. They coordinated with the city and I didn't need to do anything.

Heidi Hess Salt Lake City, UT

7 months in, and were only 70% done with the process. Made a big mess with install. Not much info when asking why it takes so long. Sent yellow ugly bulbs to me to change mine out with. Thermostat that I have to install myself, like I know how to do that. Had to get my roof replaced before install. Did it right away cuz they made it sound like it would be done quick. Did I mention it has already been 7 months, and it’s still not done? The panels were installed almost a month ago, but just sitting there, waiting for the process to finish before they can be used. They had to cut holes in my walls and ceiling, left a mess in my bed in my spare room. Best part about that, is the guy coming to repair it has been in touch, and trying to get here as soon as possible. When they threw stuff away, they put it in my can I use only for recycling. There were metal and plastic pieces left all over my yard in install, backyard and front yard. I have dogs. That’s not safe for them. I wouldn’t go with vivent, because they lied to me, but I feel like I was lied to by ion also. They said what they had to, to get the sale. I was told that since I had a flat roof, it was ideal, cuz you can set them up at any angle, easier than other roofs. Then later, I was told that flat roofs are more difficult. Make up your mind! Seriously, if you want solar panels, I couldn’t tell you who to go with. I think they all lie to make the sale. I know Ion did.

Lourdes Sauveterre Colorado Springs, CO

They don't communicate. The system is not running because they send the wrong drawing to the city! They said it would be running by December know they don't know. The first inspection was canceled and Ion didn't even call to let us know. Then received a text message about the drawing mistake. I have been calling them three working days in a row and no resolution or concrete information. First call I was told Garrett is going to call me that was Friday, today is Tuesday and there is no call from Garrett. Three customer service, two from the inspection department and no one from the Liason or Garrett Department and an email saying turn on your system. Ridiculous.

Reply from ION Solar

Hi Lourdes, we are terribly sorry to see your review. It is our goal to provide a premium solar experience to our customers. Garrett reached out to you today and was unable to reach you, he will be able to assist you with any and all questions you may have about your system. Thank you!

Trae Kenney Richmond, VA

Ion was a very efficient and reliable company to have instal my solar panel system. They kept open communication and provided clean and professional work for a great price. I would highly recommend!

Reply from ION Solar

Trae, thank you for the review! We are happy to hear that our teams were clean and professional and communicated well. We hope that you enjoy your solar.

Michael Leistikow Albuquerque, NM

I liked the professionalism and the way they walk us through the process. It prevented us from becoming frustrated and discouraged. Also the install team was efficient, timely, and clean.

Reply from ION Solar

Michael, thank you for the review! We will pass on the kind words to your install team. We hope you are loving your solar panels!

Kevin Ray Larkspur, CO

We had ION Solar install solar panels on our home this year and have lived to regret that decision. We have lost count of the number of problems we have had, but here are some of the highlights. During the installation, they drilled a hole through the wrong wall and failed to mention it to me. I went into the bedroom I use as an office later that day and found a hole the size of a half dollar near the ceiling. They were trying to drill into the attic to run the power cable from the panels to the switch box outside. I understand that accidents happen, but very unprofessional to leave a gaping hole with no mention of it happening and not so much as an apology. The next problem was that without knowing, they moved our clothes dryer breaker off of a 240V slot and onto a 120V slot. This allows the dryer to turn on and to rotate the drum, but prevents the heating element from turning on. We have a brand new dryer and thought we had a warranty issue. It took them 2 weeks to come out to service the dryer. The service tech said there was only 120V to it and then when we checked the panel outside the breaker was moved from the labeled slot for the dryer. We had a nice trip charge to pay to find that out. Next problem is that ever since the install, we have been getting pieces of aluminum rails blowing off our roof every time we get a wind gust. It seems as though the install folks left all of their scraps up on my roof. The biggest problem I have though, is that they failed the inspection. It sounds like a pretty minor issue though. They have been asked to put another sticker on the breaker box. I have included a photo of the stickers they already put on it. As it stands right now, there are 15 stickers on the boxes, but the city requires one more. We knew this sometime in mid September. The fix is simply putting one more sticker on and sending a photo of it to the city. ION scheduled to come out and do it on Sept 29th, they missed that appointment and rescheduled it for Oct 5th. They missed that appointment and rescheduled it for Oct 13th. They missed that appointment and rescheduled it for Oct 27th. They missed that appointment and scheduled it for Nov 19th... Yup! They missed that appointment. This time they called and said they are moving warehouses and the tech thought it would be difficult to find the sticker so he did not want to go look for it. As a result, since they have already installed the panels, I now owe money for them. My first payment for them is Dec 1st, it is now Nov 27th and no sign of the sticker. I will be paying the loan back on useless solar panels AND paying my electric bill since the panels don't work yet. How awesome is that???? If you are thinking of installing solar I would highly recommend you look elsewhere.

Reply from ION Solar

Hi Kevin, we are incredibly sorry to see your review. A member of our Customer Experience and Support teams have being attempting to contact you in order to resolve your concerns and see how we can move forward. Please reach out to [email protected] so that we can more fully assist you with your system. Thanks.

Dec. 11th, 2020

Vincent Kerzman Salt Lake City, UT

Unhappy Customer in Salt Lake City! We should have read the reviews on ION SOLAR BEFORE SIGNING THE CONTRACT. NOT HAPPY WITH THE OUTCOME OF THE PROJECT. Well, I have addressed my concerns with a team member, first name is Eric. He promised me that my issues would have been taken care of. They still have not been addressed. Here are my concerns. 1. We were never advised by any member of your company that the boxes on the outside of our house, would be an eye sore. 2. We were told by our salesperson that we would be getting a new breaker box, never advised that change. We were doing electrical work and decide to put off increasing the size of the box. 3. We were never advised that we would need to rip out our planter boxes to accommodate the boxes for the solar panels. The conduit was installed incorrectly per the conversation with your original electrician. So, you had to come back and fix the conduit 4.We were also promised by Tad your sales manager you would be compensating us for the labor to remove the planter boxes. I originally told Tad to give the money to your team. When I had discussed this with the original team members, they never heard about the money. So, with that I ask for our compensation of $500.00 to rip them out. There was no compensation for replacing the boxes. He also said that we would have all the conduit would be painted the same color of our bricks so that they were not an eyesore. 5. The plans that were submitted to the City of Salt Lake planning department showed the electrical was supposed to run over the top of the house. Instead your electrician ran them in the middle of our patio, which was shown on the plans 6. Your team was not properly prepared to install the panels; they did not have the right cad drawing. They forgot to install two of the panels, they had them with them. You had to come back to the house and install them a few days later. If they had the revised cad drawings, they would not have to come back. We were also advised that the electrical work that was done by the original electrician, would not have passed by the City Inspector. 7. We decide to have the roof reinforced for the solar panels; we were working with a company that you have worked with prior. So, we wanted to coordinate with them and you to ensure that everything would fall into place. Well that did not happen, you had a staff member that would not return calls. When we would return his call, we were not able to connect with him, the number that he was using would not allow incoming calls. They also sent a few emails to him and he would not respond, we were told by our salesperson that our roofers were not responding to him. So finally, I was able to connect the two companies, everything fell apart, due to the lack of communication on your part. 8. We installed a PVC roof so it was imperative that the brackets that were being installed would have flashing around the brackets. However, with your company not responding to the calls from the roofing company, you put our warranty in jeopardy. We are stilling waiting for an answer from the manufacture to verify that our warranty is valid. 9. Oh it gets better, when your team was leaving, it took them 40 minutes to get out of driveway. They cracked our rock wall, almost knocked over our shed, damage one of our bushes. All they had to do was to move two trash cans that were in front of them. 10. The only person that we have spoken with his Eric. He stated that we must sign a letter stating that we would not contact any third-party agency about our issues with your company. I did advise him that I would not sign any letter of the sorts. That was the last time we have heard from your company. We have not heard from our salesperson or your sales manager. Sent a few emails but no response from either. If this is the way that your company works, I will move forward to talking to the Utah Consumers Affairs, Department of Occupational Licensing to ensure that your electricians are licensed and the Better Business Bureau.

ralph thomas Oakton, VA

i GOT A 8.kw(21, Silfad panels) system installed. I waited 4 mos. to see if I would get the saving the ION promised it would. I am sorry now! I am paying more in electric bill now, with paying for solar panels, and my electric bill to DOMINION POWER HAS NOT CHANGED. I CALLED!! I CALLED, I e-mailed and no one returned my call, even though the operator said some one will. I have read that customer service is a no go after they get YOUR MONEY. will I am still CONNECTED TO THAT MONEY. They used SILFAD Panel are they any GOOD ? give me a call so we can get back on a good FOOT. " Not seeing the power I payed for".

Neal Stangis Longmont, CO

Installation as promised: on time and with quality installers. Production not as promised. Today is our 1-year anniversary. Y1 prediction was 13608 kW-h. Y1 production was 11950 kW-h, which is -12% from the predicted amount. Other companies we considered going with used things like NREL LIDAR evaluations of our property. I believe ION uses nothing less than an online estimator. Buyer beware.

Reply from ION Solar

Neal, we are sorry to see your review. Our team works hard to custom design a solar system that perfectly fits your home and energy needs. We would like to look further into this and help resolve any problems. Would you email [email protected] with your address and the issues you have been having so we can properly handle this issue? Thanks!

Reta Ackerman Sandy, UT

We are happy to have solar, but we didn't have a great experience. The sales guy left out a few crucial details about the loan and how solar works: 1) how the loan payment nearly doubles at 17 months unless you apply a tax credit, and even then, it's still higher 2) how we still pay the power company to stay connected to their grid 3) how we have to add solar to our homeowners insurance, which increased our payment slightly. So we kept finding them out later and feeling deceived and like all these extra things made it not the dream deal it sounded like - not a good thing for financial planning! I also didn't like how our sales guy had us create an "account" before we were sure we were going with it, which actually meant signing a contract, so we ended up feeling trapped in something we weren't even sure we wanted. We had 3 days to cancel, and then there was supposed to be a fee for cancelling after. The sales guy said we would NOT have to pay that, but I didn't trust him by then, especially when my name was signed on the contract saying we would have a fee. Then there was some "issue" that was never explained to us, so it took 2 months after the city inspection to even get our panels turned on. Again not great when we are paying both for our solar loan and our power bill. I would suggest shopping around when getting solar, not just getting roped into it by a sales pitch.

Reply from ION Solar

Reta, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience. We would like to look into this further and turn things around if possible. Would you email [email protected] with details about your experience so we can handle it properly? We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Jana Crawford Lehi, UT

I was impressed with this company from the second the salesman rang the doorbell. Communication was awesome and all phases of installation were professional and smooth. We love our system!

Reply from ION Solar

Jana, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your installation process. We hope you love your new solar and all the savings!

LisaMona Pueblo, CO

ION Solar canvassed my neighborhood and presented their product in a professional manner. The entire process was slow to include the installation date but after finally getting connected the system has been producing.

Reply from ION Solar

Lisa, thank you for the five-star review. We are happy to hear that your system is working properly. We hope you enjoy your solar system and all the solar benefits!

Sue Hernandez Cheyenne, WY

I liked that they paid for the panels up grade we didn't have to pay out of pocket for anything. They tried to explain everything if they didn't know they asked some one else to answer our questions.

Reply from ION Solar

Sue, we are so happy to see your five-star review! We hope that you continue to enjoy going solar!

Drew Lyneis Castle Rock, CO

The best company I found for solar. They worked with me to meet my needs and wants. The process was very smooth and they communicated very well throughout the installation and completion of it.

Reply from ION Solar

Drew, thank you for the fabulous review! We are happy to hear the process was smooth. We hope you continue to enjoy the sun running your house!

Tracylynn Trujillo Denver, CO

Loving MY new Ion Solar Panels. Everything ran smoothly with Ion solar and I am pleased with my experience and customer service. Cole T did a great job keeping me informed through the process.

Reply from ION Solar

Thanks for the review, Tracylynn! We will pass on the kind words to Cole! We are so glad you are happy with your solar panels.

Rod Poole San Antonio, TX

Ion Solar kept us in the loop and notified us of every move. From the beginning to ending. Very nice people. Clean reputable work. Absolutely no complaints. Highly recommended.

Reply from ION Solar

Rod, thank you for your fantastic five-star review! We are so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience with our team. We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of going solar!

David Oltmann Round Rock, TX

The communication from the company about the whole solar process was great. The Ion Solar team was incredibly professional from the first visit through the installation process. This is a great company.

Reply from ION Solar

David, thank you for the fantastic five-star review! We are so happy that you found our team to be professional. We hope that you are enjoying your solar!

Leonard Davis Onancock, VA

They helped me get financed to help me do everything they walk me through every step and made me feel real comfortable doing it I am pleased on everything that they have done from insulation to all the help they gave me

Reply from ION Solar

Leonard, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your kind words. We hope that you are enjoying your decision to go solar!

tom smallwood Victor, ID

Technicians showed up on time and quickly got to work. They were focused and worked efficiently. They finished in less time than they estimated. Very happy with the quality of work.

Reply from ION Solar

Tom, we are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your solar process! Thank you for leaving us a five-star review!

Melissa Cowles Wyson Las Vegas, NV

They were extremely easy to work with and gave amazing customer service! They kept us up to date and were actively communicating with us through the entire process. We couldn't be happier!

Reply from ION Solar

Melissa, thank you for the five-star review! We are thrilled to hear you are happy with your solar panels. We appreciate the time you took to leave us a review!

Joe Virginia Beach, VA

From beginning to end the process was easy and very professional. Installers did a great job and answered all my tech questions. I cant wait to see how much money we will save in electric.

Reply from ION Solar

Joe, thank you for the five-star review! We are happy to hear you found our process easy and our team professional. We hope you are loving your solar panels!

Kevin McDaniel Magna, UT

My installation was completed yesterday, and I am pleased with the communication that was provided throughout the installation process. I am happy to now own an energy-producing home instead of an energy-consuming home.

Reply from ION Solar

Kevin, thank you for the five-star review! We hope that you have been enjoying your energy-producing home!

Stephanie S Round Rock, TX

Eric from sales was informative, and not pushy at all. He has been available and has answered my many questions promptly. Installation was fast and professional. Couldn’t be happier thus far.

Reply from ION Solar

Stephanie, we are so happy to hear that your installation was "fast and professional." We hope you continue to enjoy going solar! Thank you for leaving us a review. We truly appreciate it!

carolyn shepard Chesapeake, VA

Ion is great! The only thing I would suggest to be adjusted is the project manager. After the panels were put on I seem to have come to a stand still due absence of project manager. Thanks to Dax, energy advisor, who was a big help with various issues.

Reply from ION Solar

Carolyn, thank you for the review and the feedback. We appreciate any opportunity to reflect on our solar process and how we can improve. We hope you are loving your solar panels. Thanks!

Gene Hunter Salt Lake City, UT

They kept us well informed. Did all work in a timely manner and the work was of high quality. If I has a question I could always get ahold of someone or get an immediate response.

Reply from ION Solar

Gene, keeping our customers informed throughout the process is a priority, so we're happy to hear we were able to deliver. Thanks for the review!

Jan. 9th, 2020

Ron and KD Aurora, CO

Very disappointed in their service. Communication is great until after finial sales which seems to be both within company and with me a customer. At first and second scheduled installs which were postponed due to snow levels on roof the pre-install person showed up not knowing the install was rescheduled. Then after the install took place while I was waiting to be notified install was complete they just disappeared. The finial inspection had to be postponed again because of snow and at rescheduled time of between 10 am and 4:30 pm, I called in that morning to see if an approximate time of arrival was known and was informed they would check and call me back. That did not happen and NO ONE showed up. I called in again same day about 15 to 20 min. before 4:30 and asked why no one had shown up and the answering party was to follow up an be sure I got an answer. Did not happen. I called my Ion Solar rep. the following day and got I am sorry lip service and was to call me back by 8 pm. Again DID NOT happen so now I am perusing my possibilities of forcing a removal of this stuff of my roof and restoring the roof to original condition.. I just do not trust this company. How can I now not suspect that this represents their service for the future.

Reply from ION Solar

Ron and KD, we appreciate you taking the time to share this valuable feedback with us. Please send your project address and your review to and we would love to look into this for you. Thank you.

Jan. 9th, 2020

Tammy Villicana Rio Rancho, NM

Cole as project manager kept his team on track all the time, as well as keeping us as clients informed of next steps. The whole company was fast and efficient. The whole project took about 2 months. My husband and I were verbally told there would be 19 panels. Only 18 were installed and documented. I was also told I would receive a gift card for Amazon for $105.00 that I never received. I don't. Like dishonesty.

Reply from ION Solar

Tammy, we love hearing your solar experience was "fast and efficient." Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us!

Rob Scott Brighton, CO

Great communication early on in the process. Installation was when problems began to occur. Ion subcontracted the installation. The subcontractors broke several tiles and installed too many panels. Ion was more than slow to communicate and implement a plan to remedy the problems. In fact, I was the one making most of the texts to finish the job. Love the product so far.

Reply from ION Solar

Rob, we're very sorry to hear about this experience. We appreciate your candid feedback as it helps us continually improve our services. We have passed your remarks onto our leadership teams so we can ensure better communication in the future. Thank you.

John G Casado North Las Vegas, NV

This was the most informed service I've experienced in a long time. No pressure or no commitment whatsoever. But my savings was clear. The whole experience was the best ever. Thank you Ion solar for the best deal ever.

Reply from ION Solar

John, reading your review put a huge smile on our faces. Our goal is to keep customers informed every step of the way, so they feel at ease throughout the solar process - we're happy to hear we delivered. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Preston Las Vegas, NV

From the beginning to the end, the process was very easy and transparent. I was constantly provided updates by everyone involved in my homes solar project. I have nothing to complain about, it was a great experience!

Reply from ION Solar

Preston, we're thrilled to hear it was an easy and transparent process - that is what we aim to deliver! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Sep. 23rd, 2019

Keslie Aurora, CO

ION Solar has been easy to work with. They communicate well with their customers. I love their app for checking progress during installation and then energy use going forward. We've had a great experience.

Reply from ION Solar

Kelsie, thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate your feedback about the app. Thank you for choosing ION as your solar provider!

Sep. 19th, 2019

J Beck Sandy, TX

Great experience. Was well informed about how the system would work and benefit me and my property, explained the tax credit, and answered any questions during the installation process in a professional friendly manner.

Reply from ION Solar

We appreciate the review, J. Thank you for trusting ION as your solar provider!

Sep. 13th, 2019

Joan Las Vegas, NV

My experience with this company was very satisfying, the persons that was assigned to me was very polite, courteous and professional. They answered my questions in a timely manner, would certainly recommend them

Reply from ION Solar

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us, Joan. Our team works very diligently, and your words will provide them with great encouragement. Thank you for choosing ION Solar!

Aug. 29th, 2019

N Love Kyle, TX

Salesman, Project Manager, and Installation team were all professional and helpful. The team that assigns where installation teams go each day kept trying to pull the installation team off of my project, which caused almost a week delay. Having said that, I am pleased with the end results.

Reply from ION Solar

Thanks for the review, Kyle! We appreciate your feedback regarding our scheduling team - we will pass that information along. Thank you for choosing ION as your Solar provider!

Aug. 23rd, 2019