Blue Raven Solar

verified

Blue Raven Solar

verified
Blue Raven Solar does not offer solar leases or PPAs

Founded in 2014 with an office location in American Fork, Utah, Blue Raven Solar a residential solar installer that provides solar energy systems in Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, and Utah.

Blue Raven Solar aims to help homeowners reduce their energy bills and is obsessive about getting installs finished as quickly as possible, going to great lengths to shorten the timeline of each step in the process.

Additionally, the company takes pride in the aesthetic of its systems and provides black-on-black solar panels and interior conduit runs.

Blue Raven Solar offers competitive pricing through it's unique financing options, BluePower and BluePower Plus+.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar power company, as well as view Blue Raven Solar reviews from real customers.

View Best Solar Companies

#1 Sungevity Logo Sungevity ›

8.8

Overall
Score

#2 Sunrun Logo Sunrun ›

8.5

Overall
Score

#3 Solar Energy World Logo Solar Energy World ›

8.1

Overall
Score

#33 Blue Raven Solar Logo Blue Raven Solar ›

5.0

Overall
Score

The Good

• Unique Financing Option
  • 1- to 2-Day Installations
  • Full-Service Solar PV Company
  • Referral Program

Unique Financing Option

Blue Raven Solar offers a relatively unique solar financing option called BluePower Plus+. This product offers 18 months of free power to those who qualify and combines the best aspects of a third-party-owned solar lease or PPA with the return, tax credits, and flexibility of solar ownership.

There are a variety of loan options available, with interest rates ranging from 3.49 to 5.99 percent and terms ranging from 12 to 20 years. There are no prepayment penalties, so you can pay off the loan sooner rather than later if you choose.

1- to 2-Day Installations

Blue Raven Solar is quite efficient when it comes to installation time; the company typically completes solar installations in one to two days, which is a quicker turnaround time than what some other solar energy contractors provide.

Full-Service Solar PV Company

Blue Raven Solar is a solar company that offers end-to-end services, from the sales process to the installation of the solar panels, in-house. This makes the process much easier to manage and greatly reduces the chances of mistakes resulting from miscommunication.

Referral Program

Blue Raven Solar states that its mission is to help bring clean energy to everyone. As a result, for customers who help their friends and family to save money on their utility bills with renewable energy, Blue Raven Solar offers $250 for each referral that has one of the company's solar energy systems installed. This is a nice incentive that not all installers offer for customers to recommend solar power to their loved ones.

The Bad

• Mixed Reviews on Customer Service
  • No Leases or PPAs Available

Mixed Reviews on Customer Service

According to Blue Raven Solar reviews from customers, the company's sales process and customer service does not always meet expectations. Some homeowners have reported not receiving the guaranteed savings they were promised before installation, while others have mentioned difficulties getting in contact with and resolving issues through Blue Raven Solar's customer service team.

No Leases or PPAs Available

Unfortunately, Blue Raven Solar does not offer leases or Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), which are each attractive payment options for many consumers who would like to take advantage of renewable energy without taking on the financial responsibility of an investment. Individuals interested in one of these payment options should look into other residential solar installers.

The Bottom Line

Blue Raven Solar is a relatively new solar installer in the clean energy realm, but it has made a quick impact on the industry and offers a number of services in house. The company's goal is to reduce upfront costs and help homeowners save money on their utility bills while utilizing clean energy solutions. Residential customers who choose to switch to renewable energy with Blue Raven will have access to a unique solar financing option called BluePower Plus+.

However, homeowners looking for a solar company that offers leases or PPAs will probably want to look at other solar providers.

View Best Solar Companies

3.4

Chris
January 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Well first off it took 7 months for them to turn it on, normally it should take 3 or 4 months, and the sales man never mention a connection fee from duke power. All he said was you will only get 1 bill , pretty much a bill swap, he average my utility bill for the year and said that's what you be paying , ok cool well that's a no brainer sure I will do it, well didn't know the connection fee would be almost $20 a month, so right off the bat your going to be paying $20 more a month than if you never got solar, and then they didn't install enough solar panels because they didn't calculate it right, and they say it was the sales man and my fault cause it wasn't calculated right because I didn't tell them I had a programmable thermostat , really how did I know that, they gave us a programmable thermostat when panels was installed and the installers were like ,oh you already have one, well I will leave it with anyway, either I have been getting utility bills around $70 a month. It just been a headache, I talk to one of the head people and they said we can put more panels on to off set the cost but you will have to pay for it, umm no I am not, they pretty much said oh well, so pretty much I have been praying for a sunny month , cause if it been cloudy well your going to pay for it, plus don't add anything to your house like a hot tub, more people living with you, another building with a shed or anything that have to do with electricity, cause if I knew right from the start there was a connection fee I would say no, I was trying to save money now I am losing alot of money, all I want is to have the right size panels on my roof!

Jan 30, 2019

Chris – We understand that this has been a frustrating experience. To try and remedy the situation our director of operations has been in contact with you and offered adding panels at cost. Regarding the quality of your installed system, since this last April, your system has produced 97% of the expected production. You’re seeing a discrepancy in production vs. power bill in part because of the smart thermostat energy reduction that we had included for your system proposal. This energy reduction was a full half page of detail on your system’s bid. We didn’t realize you already had a smart thermostat and as such, you’re not seeing this reduction in consumption. Additionally, your home has a unique pattern of usage that has resulted in your utility company’s annual credit clearing to be particularly impactful on your accrued energy credits. We have offered discounted panels to help remedy the impact of Duke Energy’s clearing policy, but you have denied the offer. If you would like to add panels, our director of operations has offered again to work with you on a pricing structure that works for your unique circumstances. Regardless, with the ever-increasing price of power from Duke, going solar will save you a considerable amount of money. If you would like to discuss adding additional panels, please let us know. We recognize that your situation is unique and would be happy to help make the short-term savings as beneficial as the long term.

Ronald White
December 31st, 2018 Taylorsville, UT DETAILS

This is a follow-up to a previous review. Once again I want to say my overall experience with Blue Raven is generally positive except for the two issues I have reviewed. When discussing solar options with Blue Raven representatives I expressed a desire to have little or no electric bill after solar panel installation. I was told that 14 panels were all my roof would accommodate. I have since spoken to a neighbor with the same model home (Hamilton model by Ivory builders). He has over 30 panels installed and has virtually no electric bill, while my bill is $132.00 per month. I was willing to pay for more panels had I been told I could do so. Perhaps an additional number of panels could be installed without an exorbitant cost?

Jan 02, 2019

Mr. White - Thank you for your review. We're so glad to hear that your experience has been a good one. Regarding your offset, Is your neighbor's home facing the same direction as yours? Our design team will opt to not put panels in unproductive areas seeing as they won't return your investment. With different directions or unique obstructions (trees or neighboring homes), the available panel placement will vary. If these factors aren't present however I would be happy to look into your options with you. If you would like, please feel free to reach me, Joseph W, at 855-205-2530. Thank you!

samir bilyal
December 31st, 2018 Schaumburg, IL DETAILS

Do not waste your money It's not for Chicago area, Florida maybe but not for Chicago, my Comed bill is more money that before.

Jan 02, 2019

Samir - I see one of our operations coordinators has been working with you about your utility bills. Your utility company hasn't been crediting your account but they are bringing your account up to date on your next bill. This occurrence is rare, and I'm glad to see your utility company has been so cooperative in fixing it quickly. Your solar system is producing as designed, so once the utility company credits your account, your system will start offseting your bill. We recognize that this situation would be frustrating. Blue Raven however doesn't impact the utility company's billing errors.

Joseph Bolus
November 27th, 2018 Meridian, ID DETAILS

Blue Raven replied with the same cookie cutter response they have been posting. Also, I advise people to just go with Tesla Solar. For the $20K that Blue Raven charged to install a measly 4.72 kW system... Tesla Would have installed a 6.5-7kw system for the same price! To install the needed panels that we actually need to reach 5kW to generate 100% energy as we stated many times since the beginning, Blue Raven is asking us to pay an additional $3k! So $23K for a 5kW system where you can go with Tesla instead and get a 6.5-7kW system for $3k less! Most importantly, they use cheap solar panels made in China where Tesla uses quality/efficient panels made in their Gigafactory 2 photovoltaic cell factory Buffalo, New York.

Nov 19, 2018

Joseph - It looks like there’s been a misunderstanding around net metering. Since your system was installed during May, you haven't had an opportunity to build up the necessary utility credits to offset your power bill. Utility credits are generally produced during the spring and fall when the days are still long, but AC usage is down. With your system being so new, you haven't hit this credit production cycle in the year yet. A larger system would have meant purchasing additional panels that would have been impactful for only the first few months before entering the credit cycle. We understand that having a utility bill during this energy transition can be frustrating, which is one reason you were included in the Blue Power Plus promotion for 18 months of free solar power. This lets you go solar and enter the credit cycle without worrying about your solar loan for 18 months. Your system has been producing since May 18, 2018 and has produced within 99% of the kWh expected at this point in the year. Besides entering the credit cycle, additional energy usage falls outside your guaranteed production and doesn't reflect a shortcoming on your system or our calculations. We designed a 4.72 kW system to meet the energy needs you provided us at the beginning of the sales process. As long as you don’t use more energy than previous seasons, your system will offset your utility consumption once you enter the credit cycle. It just needs some time. Solar panels are a long-term investment and we make the annual production guarantee clear in our sales materials and contracts. We will continue to honor the guarantee and ensure that your system is working effectively for you and your family. If you would like to discuss this further, you can reach me, Joseph, at 855-205-2530.

Kim Jones
November 27th, 2018 Summerville, SC DETAILS

The customer experience and quality of our solar system with Blue Raven exceeded my expectations. We met with 3 other solar companies before making our decision. We are saving a lot of money every month and we received the federal tax credits to pay down our system! Our neighbor went with a different company and he always tells me he wishes he had gone with Blue Raven. The black on black panels and interior conduit look so good compared to other systems we see on people’s roof! Highly recommend Blue Raven Solar!

Dec 03, 2018

Thank you for your review, Kim! We're thrilled you've had a great experience. Isn't solar such an exciting product? It's incredible that you can save so much money all while helping the environment! If you ever have anyone that's interested in going solar, don't forget that you have access to the referral bonus promotion!

Isaac
November 7th, 2018 Mt. Pleasant, SC DETAILS

Got installed 6 months ago and system has overproduced by 10-15% more than what was estimated. Everything turned out just how it was explained. Looking forward to more and more savings each year,

Nov 09, 2018

Thank you for your review, Isaac! We're always so thrilled to hear from customers about their solar savings. Please let us know if there's ever anything that we can do to help! Welcome again to the Blue Raven family.

run away
August 15th, 2018 Cary, NC

let start at the beginning my 1 appointment for sale person to come to my house wait for hrs to have a no show & no call. So we made a 2nd appointment only to get a call a few day later telling that it wasn't in the system they weren't sure what happen OK we made a 3rd one WOW they showed. The sale person Doug told us we need 29 panels at 35,000 and there be no extra charges what you is what you will pay. then they had a gentlemen look at roof and other thing so the roof was good but it may need to be replaced in 10 yrs or so and if they would need to come back to take the panels down it will be a chage to do that you know what they will 10 yr. from now so we said let do it all together and make it one loan. ok solar system 35,000 roof 6,250 here were it get good there will be ADDITIONAL OF 1,500 FOR rolling it into the loan that the loan co was charging. So I called and asked about what Doug told what you see is what you will pay will you honor what I was told or can you take the 1,500 off the price of the solar I was told no bottom line is that for 1,500 hundred dollars they let me walk and now there out 35,000. I had talked to NC SOLAR gave me a low price BEWARE I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH CO THAT LET THERE SALE SAY WHAT THEY WANT AND NOT HONORING THEM IT CALLED DISHONEST

Nov 19, 2018

To ensure that solar doesn't create unexpected issues for our customers, we scheduled technicians to audit the condition of the roof and electrical work of your home. This took place after you spoke with Doug and scheduled the audit. From the audit, we recommended a re-roof because it would have been costly for you to remove panels in several years for roof repairs. With this addition to your loan, the financing company for your system included a financing charge. Blue Raven wouldn't have made any additional profit off of these changes and was only looking out for your interests in the proposed addition of work. Very few of our proposals require adjustments like yours after the audit. In the cases that they do, our customers receive no penalty for choosing to not go forward with their solar project.

Josh C.
April 10th, 2018 Summerville, SC

Stay away from Blue Raven! They were pushy and their "18 months free" is a scam. After comparing their offer with other companies it wasn't even close. They were extremely overpriced and were deceitful when I asked about the pricing and production I would receive. I finally got them to admit they are just adding 18 months of payments onto the total cost of the system!! This is a very unethical company!

Lester Evans
February 8th, 2018 Summerville, SC DETAILS

Amazing experience! Everything sounded too good to be true but my panels got installed and it was all true! Thanks Blue Raven! We are saving a lot of money now that we don’t pay the utility company for power anymore!

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for your review Lester! We love hearing about the energy savings that our customers see after going solar. All while reducing their carbon footprint! Let us know if there's ever anything we can do to help!

Treina Siegel
January 8th, 2018 Ladson, SC DETAILS

Blue Raven Solar! I worked directly with Utah for all my requirements. I have had them installed since April of 2017. I can contact them any time I have questions. The only issue I had was their Summerville Representative, that's why I went directly to the Main Office. The crews were professional and fantastic. To this day 1/5/2018 I am very satisfied with their products and customer services in UTAH!

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for your review Treina! Thank you for your working with us! If at any point you need to reach out about your system, never hesitate to call! We're always here to help. Welcome again to the Blue Raven family!

Hunter Scott
December 14th, 2017 Brigham City, UT

The Sales Rep was very proffesional and knowledgable about the product. Answered all our questions and provided informative, detailed information about our options for solar power.

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for your review Hunter! We're really proud of our sales team. We're thrilled you too had a great experience with them! Let us know if there's ever anything we can do to help. Thank you!

Shirley Jones
October 20th, 2017

I was told by the salesman that came to my house that the solar would take care of all my electrical uses. And if any thing the power company would pay me for excess power. But now I find out that what was put on my house only takes care of 60% of my power. He lied about everything that I was getting . I now pay more each month or the same as I paid before I got the solar. I would not recommend this solar system to anyone . If I could have it removed I would . I am on a fixed income and this is hitting me hard .

Todd Erickson
September 25th, 2017 Saratoga Springs, UT

Our solar has been up and running for over a year now. We are very disappointed to this point. While we were promised our power bills would almost go away entirely, that has not been true at all. We have not changed our habits or anything with our home but we continue to receive power bills, sometimes upwards of the amount we used to spend before solar

Pedro Yanez
August 31st, 2017 Idaho Falls, ID

Blue Raven Solar is a great company, the consultant,( MARK S) took his time to explain everything to me, on the day of the install, the team was fantastic as well, I kept trying to feed them, and they said they already ate. I highly recommend Blue Raven Solar, to anyone, all my questions where answered. they a very professional, and very knowledgeable. I am looking forward to reducing my electric bill to Very little if any at all. Mark always stayed in touch through out the process, making me feel very great full that Mark was looking out for us, and not for himself,. you do not find that kind of person any more. Thank you Mark, and thank you Blue Raven. Sincerely Pedro Yanez Shelley Idaho.

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for your review Pedro! We're really proud of our stellar sales team and are thrilled that you had a great experience with them too! As you start seeing your utility bill drop please let us know if there's anything we can do to help! Thank you for the chance to work with you. Welcome again to the Blue Raven family!

Jamie Hanson
August 17th, 2017 Idaho Falls, ID

We had a great guy come over and talk to us about Solar and this company. We investigated this company thoroughly... My husband is an electrician who approved the design and I'm a CPA so I know that we would get the maximum benefit out of the tax credit. We were convinced it was the right thing to do. All the permits where complete and the system was designed in a timely matter. This was over a month and a half ago and we haven't heard a single thing since. We even had the cash ready to pay. We have tried to contact our initial salesman, he does not answer when we call or respond to any texts. I'm just flabbergasted; we were an easy sale. I'm starting to believe this is somehow a scam and because of our jobs we were too "informed."

Larry
April 24th, 2017 Altamonte Springs, FL

So this guy is at our door, can't remember his name, right at dinner time. We stop what we're doing to listen to what he has to say. He seems to be a nice guy, very professional and knowledgeable. I listen to the whole story and am somewhat interested. I provide him lots of my personal information including enough for him to check my credit. He assures me that he will call me the next day and let me know if my house and my credit qualify to move forward. Next day comes and goes and I don't hear from him. A couple of weeks go by without hearing anything. Then I get a letter from this finance company telling me I have a 40k line of credit. Who the heck authorized that? So I have to call them to cancel. Still haven't heard from the guy that caused us to have a very late dinner.

Amanda L.
March 27th, 2017 Springville, UT

I didn't purchase solar, but the sales rep that knocked on my door was so courteous and professional that I am going out of my way to write this. So let that speak for itself. It's so refreshing to have a door-to-door sales person not be pushy and a complete nuisance.

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for your review Amanda! We appreciate the chance to work with you even though it wasn't the right time to go solar! If you're ever in the market again, let us know! We would love to meet up again.

Paul Palm
March 27th, 2017 Sublimity, OR

Blue Raven is a remarkable company. We just completed the installation process and inspections! A positive personality abounds with expertise from all staff dealt with. Throughout a complicated process in our state, Blue Raven took personal care of our applications, installation and permitting, and inspections (many of those) with high professionalism and knowledge. I highly recommend Blue Raven.

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for your recommendation Paul! With each state having its own unique path to go solar, we do our very best to make sure that the solar process is as easy possible for our customers! We're thrilled to hear that you had a great experience. Please let us know if there's ever anything we can help with. Welcome again to the Blue Raven family!

william james
March 1st, 2017 Riverview, FL

Although this company doesn't do its own advertising its reps are all they need! Ive never had a company put this much effort into making sure that I was knowlegedable about not just their company but solar itself. My install was effortless and quicker than they said it would be. I'm a very happy customer!

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for your review, William! We're so thrilled that you've had a great experience. Here at Blue Raven, we're really passionate about the opportunities solar provides and are excited to share it with our customers! Please let us know if there's ever anything we can do to help!

Brittney Miller
February 28th, 2017

Very transparent company. Bill was 316 when I averaged it out new solar bill is 160 and they gave me 18 months free!

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for your review, Brittney! Is the 18-month promotion exciting? We want going solar to be as easy as possible. Please let us know if there's ever anything we can do to help!

Jane Williams
February 28th, 2017

I absolutely love this company! Great customer service and installation.

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for your review, Jane! Please let us know if there's ever anything we can do to make your experience better!

Allison Minnick
January 4th, 2017 Hillsboro, OR

Blue Raven is a terrible company, the product is expensive and the customer service is awful. When you call you always get someone new, they never can answer questions and if you have an issue good luck getting a callback. They are vague, our system was not connected in time and we ended up with a high electric bill and a new payment, which we were told would not be the case. They were not aware of Oregon state regulations in regards to installation so they blamed this on our late service, they also tried to blame PGE, but PGE had verified that 5 other homes in our neighborhood were having the same issues and only one home was actually working.They cracked our support beam in our garage and drove screws through our roof showing through in our underhangs. Very shoddy work. They never come on time, the paperwork is late, they can not explain contracts, they email you weeks after you are suppose to receive information, and text message you different messages than what they talk to you about on the phone, not very organized. AVOID The only person who has been the slightest bit helpful was the sales rep., I would recommend him.

Feb 11, 2019

Allison – We’re sorry to hear you didn’t have a good experience. When entering your area we definitely experienced some learning curves and we apologize that this resulted in your experience being sub-par. We’re thrilled to see that your system is producing beautifully. In 2018 it produced 100% of it’s estimated production. If there’s ever anything we can do to help, please reach out. We’d love to work to earn your satisfaction again.

Jonathan Chen
December 8th, 2016 Portland, OR

I just signed for Blue Raven and have had some positives and a few negatives. First: the people whom are the face of the company (those who did the install and sales) were nice and pleasant to work with. However, often they came outside the appointment window in which they told us. Once we were told to expect people at 8:30 am and we had people at our door before 7:30. We had people come for appointments that we never scheduled. We also were told that there would be a grace period from when the solar panels become active to our first bill. THIS IS A LIE. They completed install of our solar panels around Nov 10th, 2016, because there were issues with inspection, we couldn't finish the inspection until beginning of December. We literally got the okay to turn on the panels AFTER our first payment came through. Not good business practice. The only reason I am giving this 4/10 is because of the people who installed and did the face to face portion of this business. Otherwise I would give them a 2.

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Jonathan. We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with our service staff. Regarding the loan grace period, your system did have a grace period of about 30 days after installation. This was included in your loan documents. We do understand however that with getting approvals back from the city occasionally the loan can start before the system is energized. We've heard feedback like yours and have since introduced new financing options to give our customers 18 months without solar payments. To alleviate scheduling mishaps, we've also introduced a custom built scheduling software to accommodate the unique challenges that the solar process can present. If you would like to speak with anyone about your experience further, please feel free to reach out to me, Joseph, at 855-205-2530.

Kaili Jones
November 20th, 2016 Summerville, SC

Blue Raven Solar has been the best company to work with during my entire solar process. Their customer service is AMAZING and I know because I've spoken with many other solar companies and they all paled in comparison. Their installation was smooth and pain free and it looks so much better than any others in the neighborhood. All black panels with none of that metal conduit exposed. I strongly recommend Blue Raven.

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for your review Kali! We're so thrilled that you've had a great experience. We really strive to make our customer's experience fantastic! Please let us know if there's ever anything we can do to help. Welcome again to the Blue Raven family!

Jeanne Christensen
November 7th, 2016 Hurricane, UT

Seemless installation. Exceptional customer service. Very responsive.

Ross
November 14th, 2016 Salt Lake City, UT

I told the door to door salesman twice that I was not interested. But he just kept going. so I too an app. The salesman ask why I was interested in solar I told him I wasn't that I told his rep I was not interested. He chuckled and kept going. I had to sign a contract that didn't make me liable for the product. The more I read it is a contract now I have to go through the procedure of canceling it. I don't know what part of not interested they don't understand. Very pushy people that don't take no for an answer.

Jose L. Galvan
August 31st, 2016 Fullerton, CA

I am retracting my initial review, the holdup was with the city not Blue Raven. Their installers came to my home & did a Fantastic Job!! they were great guys who took pride in their work.

JJT
August 27th, 2016 Beaverton, OR

I have a large no soliciting sign 1" under my doorbell for many reasons. The first time Blue Raven showed up was on a week night at 8:30pm. I was shocked they were there so late, disregarded the sign, rang my doorbell and proceeded to lie to me that thy weren't selling me something. I asked them, politely, to leave after telling them we were not interested. I also asked them not to come back. Tonight, Friday night, two new sales people showed up, this time at 7:45pm, rang my doorbell (yes, the sign is still up) and started going through the same shpeel. They're not selling me anything and would like 2 seconds. When I said no and asked them for a second time not to come back the rep raised his eyebrows, rolled his eyes and flippantly said 'well good nigt then'. Seriously! It doesn't matter why I have a no soliciting sign (baby sleeping, barking, old and agitated dogs, not interested, you name it) a company should be respectful of the homeowner's wishes. This sales tactic tells me that their training and customer service is not a priority. After reading other reviews here, I'm not surprised. Not impressed.

Aaron Becraft
July 1st, 2016 Salt Lake City, UT

Our 1st meeting, the rep showed up 1 hr late. They told us 6p, but he was told 7p. The contract was not the same as the estimate and it took a couple hrs of our Rep going back and forth with the contract department to get numbers right. In the end, the estimate had the numbers that were wrong and the actual monthly payment was over 20% higher. Most people would not be OK with that, but I already knew I wanted solar and I really liked our sales rep, Austin. Install was flawless and quick and clean. They cleaned up as though they were never there. The city inspector showed up without us knowing he was coming and Blue Raven showed up 20 mins later with all the paperwork he needed. That was the only full breakdown in communication with us and had we not been home at that moment, it would have set the whole process back another week. From start to finish, it seems like it takes forever, but understanding all the processes helps you understand that it really went fast. At the end of the day, was this the perfect experience from start to finish, no, but I hands down would recommend Blue Raven Solar and I am very happy we chose to stay with them. Thanks, Aaron

Ann Goldsberry
July 1st, 2016 Layton, UT

Great people who answered all questions and concerns with clear explications.

Jason Paskett
July 1st, 2016 Bell, CA

I have been happy throughout the whole process, from our first sit down to the intstal and then turning on the system! After our initial sit down I called my consultant up and told him that we will not be going Solar at this time. The way he handled that info and what he had to say, had me calling him back about a week later, telling him we were ready to move forward with Blue Raven. Blue Raven was not the only Solar company we sat down with but I am very pleased we had chosen them.

Annie Chase
July 1st, 2016 West Jordan, UT

I have been very happy with Blue Raven Solar. They did a great job explaining the process and getting everything started. Customer Service was very helpful any time I called. My only issue was once my panels were installed, nothing happened for two months until I called to follow up. I guess the power company had come out and need my breaker box updated. I understand that Rocky Mountain power isn't the best communicator, but I would think that Blue Raven would have some sort of process in place to follow up with me or the power company after a period of time of no contact. Once I called to check on the progress, the problem was quickly identified and resolved and now I am up and running!

Debra Curtis
June 27th, 2016 Hurricane, UT

From the moment Spencer stopped to give us a flyer we have had a very good experience. The install was quick and fun to watch. The employees are courteous and good at what they do. The online support is fabulous and any question I have gets answered quickly.

RoseAnn Martinez
June 23rd, 2016

They did a good job very respectful easy to work with and didn't feel any pressure to purchase

Jack
May 11th, 2016 Bronx, NY

Blue Raven solar process from sales rep to notary to install to billing, it have been a completely smooth process. They delivered exactly as promised ... Time lines were good, install crew professional, customer service no problems to date! I highly recommend Blue Raven Solar to anyone new to the solar game because they don't play games just deliver a great product!!!

Jannica
April 7th, 2016 Draper, UT

Awesome company, very nice salemen and installers, good communication, fast process and top quality equipment. Got bids from 3 other companies and did lots or research on Solar and Blue Raven was the obvious best choice.

Kate hutton
March 23rd, 2016 Salt Lake City, UT

I do not have their product but their sales people stopped at my home yesterday. When the asked if I had considered solar energy, I explained I am 100% solar powered at my home. Simple mistake not noticing all the big panels all over my garage, right. At this point the company rep. had smart mouth comments about our purchase and the company from whom we purchased. I had been perfectly polite and friendly through the entire conversation. Now, I want the mouthy young man to know that is NO proper sales tactic! I will NEVER recommend his company to anyone who asks me about solar companies! And those who read this may find it as off putting as I do.

Justin Powell
March 3rd, 2016 Salt Lake City, UT

The install went great. I needed the to come back and move the meter to get my trailer out they were there the next day no problem. When it came time to get tax info our talk to my sells rep, it was almost two months when I called blue raven and told them to tell my sells rep not to bother we were done with him. I still had some unanswered questions so I needed a new sells rep to contact me with some info I got a message to call him when I called I was put on hold then hung up on. Don't worry blue raven I will figure it out myself.

Jeremy Maynor
February 23rd, 2016 Pleasant Grove, UT

The operation was very well organized from start to finish. It is a relatively young company but they did a truly great job. I would recommend.

Jackie
February 4th, 2016 Brooklyn, NY

Genuine staff and super flexible. Great savings mostly

robert johnson
January 8th, 2016 Union City, NJ

If you live in NJ this is the best solar company. Not only do they have the least expensive rates and fastest time to install, but they give you 6 months free power!!

John
December 22nd, 2015 Pleasant Grove, UT

I had my solar panels installed about 2 months ago and I'm very happy with the results. The installation team had them fully installed in just a day and they were very professional. I started seeing savings on my monthly power bill right away. Over all I've had a good experience with Blue Raven Solar and I plan to refer friends and family their way. Thanks!

Tim Johnson
June 13th, 2016 CA

Funny that the only "honest" review is from Jason, the sales manager for Blue Raven. What a joke! They use cheap, silver framed panels, string inverters and do a bogus down payment for an advertising home. They showed me a proposal where they were giving me a $5000 down payment. They marked up my system 5k and said they are paying for it. They said as long as I give them referrals they wouldn't charge me. Really? Thanks guys. So, a 20,000 system with them costs 25,000 and then they 1099 me for the 5k that they "gave" me. Dishonest company, lousy sales people, and low quality equipment.

jason hirschi
June 13th, 2016 Albuquerque, NM

We love our Blue Raven Solar System. We absolutely are able to monitor our systems production online. I did a lot of research and this by far the best solar product on the market. The blue Power financing has been amazingly easy to deal with.