Founded in 2014 with an office location in Orem, Utah, Blue Raven Solar a residential solar installer that provides solar energy systems in Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington.

The solar company's mission is to make homeowners' lives better by reducing their energy bill, by increasing their reliance on clean and abundant renewable energy, and by providing a world-class customer experience through a reliable sales process and a speedy, high-quality installation.

Blue Raven Solar aims to help each homeowner reduce their energy bill, and is obsessive about getting solar panels installed as quickly as possible, going to great lengths to work rapidly and shorten the timeline of each step in the process.

Additionally, the company takes pride in the aesthetic of its systems and provides black-on-black solar panels and interior conduit runs.

Blue Raven Solar offers competitive pricing through it's unique financing options, BluePower and BluePower Plus+.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar power company, as well as view Blue Raven Solar reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Unique Financing Option
  • 1- to 2-Day Installations
  • Full-Service Solar PV Company
  • Referral Program
  • Helpful Information on Website

Unique Financing Option

Blue Raven Solar offers a relatively unique solar financing option called BluePower Plus+. This product offers 18 months of free power to those who qualify and combines the best aspects of a third-party-owned solar lease or PPA with the return, tax credits, and flexibility of solar ownership.

There are a variety of loan options available, with interest rates of 2.99 percent and terms ranging from 12 to 20 years. There are no prepayment penalties, so you can pay off the loan sooner rather than later if you choose.

1- to 2-Day Installations

Blue Raven Solar is quite efficient when it comes to installation time; the company typically completes a solar installation job in one to two days, which is a quicker turnaround time than what some other solar energy contractors provide.

Full-Service Solar PV Company

Blue Raven Solar is a solar company that offers end-to-end services, from the sales process to the installation of the solar panels, in-house. This means that each employee customers will be interacting with works directly for Blue Raven Solar, which makes the entire process much easier to manage and greatly reduces the chances of mistakes resulting from miscommunication.

Referral Program

Blue Raven Solar states that its mission is to help bring clean energy to everyone. As a result, for customers who help their friends and family to save money on their utility bills with renewable energy, Blue Raven Solar offers $250 for each referral that has one of the company's solar energy systems installed. This is a nice incentive that not every solar installer offers for customers to recommend solar power to their loved ones.

Helpful Information on Website

Blue Raven Solar strives to educate homeowners about solar and provides several informational resources on its site on topics such as solar technology, net metering, system maintenance, and more. This information delivers clear expectations and helps ensure customer satisfaction.

The Bad

No Leases or PPAs Available

Unfortunately, Blue Raven Solar does not offer leases or Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), which are each attractive payment options for many consumers who would like to take advantage of renewable energy without taking on the financial responsibility of an investment. Individuals interested in one of these payment options should look into other residential solar installers.

The Bottom Line

Blue Raven Solar has made a quick impact on the solar industry and offers a number of services in house. The company's goal is to reduce dependence on traditional power usage sources, and help homeowners take advantage of energy cost savings while utilizing clean energy solutions. Residential customers who choose to switch to renewable energy with Blue Raven will have access to a unique solar financing option called BluePower Plus+.

However, interested homeowners looking for a solar company that offers leases or PPAs will probably want to look at other solar providers.

Call our recommended rep over at Blue Raven Solar below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Walt THODE

October 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Installation was great, and the system has worked fine.

brian deatherage

October 23rd, 2020 Kuna, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great sales attitude, communicated throughout entire process, Install team was thorough and worked hard all day, wonderful experience!

Scott Oberle

October 19th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The explanation of sales staff and timelines did not match actual timelines and realities by about a year. Response time to identify a problem with my panels 17 of them at once in february and fixing the problem was 3 months end of may. Not good

Emily

October 19th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

While the system seems to be working well enough now, I had several issues on the initial set up. I had my electrical panel upgraded before getting my solar panels. After Blue Raven came to hook up my solar system my newly upgraded electrical panel was left in such poor condition by Blue Raven, that the lid barely closed. In the process they managed to also loosen other connections and several months later I had to call in an independent electrician in order to find out what was going on. I really wanted to love Blue Raven and write them a good review, but I there were numerous times when I had to follow up with them just to get the basics taken care of. They tried to be very helpful on the phone, but the actual service I received wasn't to the level of what I felt it could be.

Sarah

October 19th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great install, they handled everything and they always help answer my questions or problems

Sam Dowdy

October 19th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have nothing to campare it to since this is my first solar project, however it all seems to work well and has really lowered my electricity use and cost.

Philip W Gray

October 19th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything works as defined and I don't have any issues with the system. I'm running my a/c all I want. :-)

Brian Bowden

October 14th, 2020 Middleton, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Process made easy with informative people from start to finish, great installers.

Don Hatch

October 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am happy with Blue Raven Solar however I am waiting until I have had the Solar panels on for a full year to see if I am in fact generating the 105% power that Blue Raven Solar says I should generate. However so far I haven't generated that much power.

Eric

October 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were easy to work with and kept in touch during the process.

Oct 22, 2020

Hi Eric, thank you for leaving a review. We really appreciate your business and loyalty. Enjoy you day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Leo Lohman

October 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It works exactly like it is supposed to..The salesman was not pushy and answered every question I had.since the solar was installed I get two invoices from Xcel Energy, gas and electricity. The gas bill is normal, the electric bill has been $0.00 for the past year..

Oct 22, 2020

Hi Leo, thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience. We are happy to hear you are saving with solar!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Jon

October 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We've received great help and service when needed and the system is performing extremely well for us.

Oct 22, 2020

Hi Jon, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear you had a 5-star experience! - Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Sally Robertson

October 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Multiple poor service experiences. Promised call backs never received is just one of my frustrations!

Oct 23, 2020

Hi Sally, I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience with our customer support team. I checked your account and I see you are already in contact with a manager about resolving your concerns. Please email me at [email protected] if you have any additional questions. Thanks, Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Skip Hendrickson

October 2nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Because I'm still paying a $40 to $60 electrical bill every month call customer service and nobody would help me with this issue

Oct 23, 2020

Hi Skip, would you mind emailing me at [email protected] with your most recent utility bills. The most common reason our customers may have higher bills than expected is because they are using more energy. Please reach out to me and I will be happy to address your concerns. Thanks, Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Pam Boren

October 2nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

System works great. Would like it to tell me my usage not just the energy made

Oct 22, 2020

Hi Pam, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. You can find your energy usage on your utility bills. Please give your utility company a call if you have any additional questions about how much energy you are using. Thanks, Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Jacqueline

October 2nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are the worse. Lied when selling and does nothing to fix the issue

Oct 23, 2020

Hi Jacqueline, I was unable to locate your account. Would you mind emailing me at [email protected] with additional account details. I look forward to addressing your concerns. Regards, Maddie E., BRS

David Lyons

October 2nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

No problems, good performance, easy installation

Oct 06, 2020

Hi David, thank you for the review. We are happy to hear you had a 5-star experience. Have a great day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Cameron Hurst

October 2nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Installation looks good and quality of service was good. However when initially approached I was told the solar panels would cover 110% of the energy my house uses. That doesn't seem to be the case. Before the panels were installed my bill was $200-$220 a month during the summer. This past summer and the summer prior my bill has been $120-$140. So in my mind it actually only covered less than 50%. Not worth the money spent in my opinion.

Oct 23, 2020

Hi Cameron, I was able to look into your account and your system is currently producing within the estimates outlined in your installations. If you have ay questions about your energy usage, please email me your bills at [email protected] I will be happy to address your concerns. Thanks, Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Carrie Fischer

October 2nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think the solar panels are high quality and I haven't had to pay for electricity in the summer for 2 years.

Oct 06, 2020

Hi Carrie, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate it! Enjoy you week.-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Jessica Perry

September 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I don’t believe my system was sized properly as I am still paying significant electric bills.

Oct 08, 2020

Hi Jessica, I just took a look at your system and it is producing at 95% of what we estimated. If you are having higher electricity bills than expected, it is most likely due to an increase in energy usage in your home. If you have any questions about this please give us a call. -Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Carl Morrell

September 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very professional service and great product!

Oct 01, 2020

Hi Carl, thank you for leaving a review. We really appreciate your support during this time. Have a great day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

janet foster

September 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Would be good if there was a customer service number for any future questions like, How do we clean panels?

Oct 01, 2020

Hi Janet. thanks for taking the time to review your experience. Our support number is 800-377-4480, please give us a call with any questions. Have a great day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Jennifer

September 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service and great product.

Oct 01, 2020

Hi Jennifer, thanks for reviewing your experience with Blue Raven. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your system. Have a nice day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Edward J Agostini

September 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’m not getting the amount of energy that was I was told that I would get from the dolar panels

Oct 16, 2020

Hi Edward, our team is working hard to make sure your panels are producing as promised. A power cycle is currently being ran to ensure this. We will do everything we can to make up for the time your system was down. Please email me at [email protected] with any questions. Thanks, Maddie E. Blue Raven Solar

Suvin Viswanathan

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From the beginning initial design, through final design and installation, Blue Raven was excellent. The actual installation was a joy to watch. There was one oops during the Village Inspection but Blue Raven was on top of it and came through.

Sep 30, 2020

Hi Suvin, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your business and feedback. Have a great day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Shahana

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From initial interview to installation and start up the process was smooth. Thanks Ted Hummel!

Sep 30, 2020

Hi Shahana, thanks for taking the time to review your experience. We are happy to hear the install smoothly. Have a nice day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Angela Davidson

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I don't think enough was explained to us regarding our solar production and how this is communicated with the electric company. We were not quoted enough panels to off-set the energy use of our home.

Sep 30, 2020

Hi Angela, I am sorry to hear your system is not providing the offset you expected. I was unable to locate your account but if you could email me at [email protected] with some more details, I would be happy to address your concerns. Thanks, Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Kimberly Scott

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible customer service, took way longer to install, not accurate prediction of solar panels needed, loanpal charged interest upfront and choice of loan company was never offered

Sep 30, 2020

Hi Kimberly, I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience with Blue Raven. If you could email me at [email protected] with your account details, I would be happy to address your concerns. Additionally, we exclusively work with Loan Pal as they provides the best value to our customers. If you have any questions about your loan please give them a call directly. Sincerely, Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everyone I worked with through the process from sales, installation and support were very professional.

Sep 30, 2020

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy you had a positive experience. Enjoy your system and have a great day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Jocelyn Hurt

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their installation work was top-notch, and they were great to deal with throughout the whole process.

Sep 30, 2020

Hi Jocelyn, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Enjoy your new system and have a nice day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Hector H Astudillo

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their installation team did a great job.

Sep 30, 2020

Hi Hector, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear the install went well. Have a great day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Samone

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

they did a nice job of installing the system and it works well

Sep 30, 2020

Hi Samone, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy you had a 5-star experience. Have a nice day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Jennifer White

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It is a rip off, lies and lies. I end-up paying lots of money to two different companies.

Sep 30, 2020

Hi Jennifer, I am sorry to hear you are not seeing the savings you expected. If you could email me at [email protected] with your recent bills and account details, I would be happy to address your concerns. Thanks, Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Tammy Levesque

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are a very good company with people who know what they are talking about

Sep 30, 2020

Hi Tammy, thank you for leaving a review. If there is anything we can do to make your experience better, please email me at [email protected] Have a great day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Jessica Kinsman

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very expensive and doesn't save us enough money to make it worth the price

Sep 30, 2020

Hi Jessica, I am sorry to hear you are not experiencing the savings you expected. This is most likely due to an increase in energy usage. If you could email me at [email protected] with your account details and recent bills, I will be able to address your concerns. Sincerely, Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Bessie Bell

September 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The company overall is pretty good. Could improve on communication to the customer.

Sep 30, 2020

Hi Bessie, thank you for leaving a review of your experience. We appreciate your feedback. Have a great day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Ryan Soliday

September 21st, 2020 Eagle, ID

Excellent service and quality. Installation team was professional and polite. Install looks clean, sturdy, and sharp. Will update on performance once final inspection goes through and power company flips the "switch".

Sep 29, 2020

Hi Ryan, thanks for leaving a review. We are happy to hear the install went well. Have a great day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Jo Shepard

September 17th, 2020 Eagle, ID

These boys were timely, efficient, and tidy. Loved their work.

Hi Jo, thanks for leaving a review. Enjoy your day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Hunter Peden

September 17th, 2020 Littleton, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As far as the sales portion went, the saleman was very friendly and personable. It was nice working with him on the front end. However, this is where the problems first began. We discussed about what would happen if we were to cancel and he informed me that after a certain point in the process, we would be on the hook for a cancellation fee. I told him I wouldn't sign any paperwork unless I got a heads up before I was on the hook for any costs, to which the sales rep promised to do. He also lied saying that that the financing for the solar panels wouldn't end up as a lien on the property even though for all intents and purposes, it is. They sent out the engineer to examine the property and then submitted the plans to the permit office in the area and things were moving along well. Unfortunately, finances became tight due to dealing with Covid so I notified my sales rep that we wouldn't be able to move forward and would have to cancel. He told me he understood but that we would have to pay the cancellation fee as we were past the point of cancellation, to which I replied that he failed to notify me that I had passed the deadline. He basically blew me off and told me I was on the hook for a $1,200 cancellation fee. I tried to discuss the fee with their Finance department saying that their representative broke a legally binding verbal agreement and that I was displeased about it. I also asked for a breakdown of their fee as the cost of the permit was only roughly $600 to which they replied that that was just their standard flat fee and I had to pay it regardless but they provided me the email for their HR department and told me that they would make sure my complaint was logged and responded to. Not surprisingly, I sent several emails and called multiple times, only to continually receive the respond of "we'll get back to you." It has been over a month at this point and I have heard absolutely nothing. Overall, they intentionally don't mention the fact that they will charge you $1200 for cancelling when you are signing the agreement for them to have the engineer come examine your property and will absolutely not give you a notification in advance of when you have crossed the deadline for it. Their HR department has no inclination to actually respond to complaints, even when one of their sales reps makes a legally binding verbal agreement and will blow you off hoping you simply go away. The sad part is that I'm sure the solar panels would have worked well and things probably would have been fine if I had been able to go through with the process but they utterly disregard you if you need to cancel for any reason and are simply interested in ensuring they get whatever cost they can from you and then completely ignore you. Because of this, I will never in good conscience recommend this company to anyone as they deal in bad faith and will downplay the $1200 flat cancellation fee when they try to sell you at the start. If for whatever reason, you do choose to go with Blue Raven for solar and have any requests to be made throughout any part of the process, BE SURE TO GET IT IN WRITING OR THEY WILL NOT HONOR IT.

Sep 24, 2020

Hi Hunter, you signed a legally binding agreement which requires you to pay a $1200 cancellation fee. This fee is used to cover work costs by our team since you decided to not move forward with you install. I am sorry to hear you no longer want a system but please call us if you have any other questions or concerns. Sincerely, Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

George L. San Miguel

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The process seemed streamlined and relatively easy to follow. Staff was responsive to inquiries.

Sep 25, 2020

Hi George, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. If you have any feedback on how we could've made your experience 5-star, please email me at [email protected] Have a nice day.-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Frances Whitman

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My electric bill has gone down significantly and they give great customer service.

Sep 25, 2020

Hi Frances, thanks for leaving a review. We really appreciate it! Have a nice day.-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Kate Strebe

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

installation was a nightmare. it was 6 months from signing to install, which they did wrong and had to redo. it was then 2 months from install till the panels got turned on, at which time one set of panels wasn't connected correctly so wasn't working at all. it was an additional 4 months from that point to get the system fully functioning. i was constantly harrassing them to get the next step scheduled and redone, and no one i talked to ever had any answer or idea for what the hold-up/problem was.

Sep 25, 2020

Hi Kate, we are sorry to hear you had a poor experience. .Your system was producing during this time just not reporting to your app. I know this can be frustrating and I want to apologize. Your system is now producing at 99% which is great news. Please give us a call if you have any questions. Thanks, Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Zach

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Blue Raven helped me lower my bill and reduce my environmental impact, and it cost me nothing.

Sep 25, 2020

Hi Zach, thanks for leaving a review. We are happy to hear you are saving money and energy. Have a great day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Lee C Kulbitski

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

when there were issues initially, they came right out and fixed them

Sep 29, 2020

Hi Lee, thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your experience. We really appreciate it! Have a great day.-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Paul Berryman

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Pigeons, was told they would not be a problem. They are and BRS will not fix the problem.

Sep 24, 2020

Hi Paul, thank you for reviewing your experience. We are unable to guarantee that pigeons will be an issue that effects your panels. If you have any other concerns that we can help with, please give us a call. Thanks, Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Ken Zabel

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Overall I am pleased with the results! Our electricity bill is usually under $10,00

Sep 29, 2020

Hi Ken, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. If there is anything we can do to make your experience 5-stars please email me at [email protected] Have a great day!-Maddie E., BRS

G. M. Davis

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My system is constantly not working or not recording my energy levels. I am also receiving huge electric bills every month. What a waste for me as talking to many of my neighbors who also have solar systems..I have certainly been ripped off!

Sep 25, 2020

Hi Georgette, we are sorry to hear you have a poor experience. Since your system went down for a few months, we have compensated for this lost production. I hope this helps to make up for our shortfall. Your system is now back online and producing very well. Please give us a call if you any other concerns or questions. Sincerely, Maddie E. Blue Raven Solar

Brad

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Blue Raven was attentive, thorough, and had great communication. In addition, they had some awesome incentives for me to sign up when I did, and my neighbors were able to get in on it also, providing me with a referral bonus. Thanks BR!

Sep 29, 2020

Hi Brad, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate it! Have a great day.-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Cathy Anderson

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We're finally seeing a difference in our electric bill! A little more info regarding getting the tax credit would have been beneficial.

Sep 29, 2020

Hi Cathy, thanks for leaving a review. We are happy to hear you have had a great experience. If you have any additional questions about your tax credit please give us a call. Heave a great day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Robert E Young Sr

September 7th, 2020 Greenville, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very perfectional great service I have recommended to several people

Sep 15, 2020

Hi Robert, thanks for leaving a review. We are so happy you had a great experience. Enjoy your day.-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar