Blue Raven Solar

8.2

LAST UPDATED: January 19th, 2022

Founded in 2014 with an office location in Orem, Utah, Blue Raven Solar a residential solar installer that provides solar energy systems in Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Virginia

The solar company's mission is to make homeowners' lives better by reducing their energy bill, by increasing their reliance on clean and abundant renewable energy, and by providing a world-class customer experience through a reliable sales process and a speedy, high-quality installation.

Blue Raven Solar aims to help each homeowner reduce their energy bill, and is obsessive about getting solar panels installed as quickly as possible, going to great lengths to work rapidly and shorten the timeline of each step in the process.

Additionally, the company takes pride in the aesthetic of its systems and provides black-on-black solar panels and interior conduit runs.

Blue Raven Solar offers competitive pricing through it's unique financing options, BluePower and BluePower Plus+.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar power company, as well as view Blue Raven Solar reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Unique Financing Option
  • 1- to 2-Day Installations
  • Full-Service Solar PV Company
  • Referral Program
  • Helpful Information on Website

Unique Financing Option

Blue Raven Solar offers a relatively unique solar financing option called BluePower Plus+. This product offers 18 months of free power to those who qualify and combines the best aspects of a third-party-owned solar lease or PPA with the return, tax credits, and flexibility of solar ownership.

There are a variety of loan options available, with interest rates of 2.99 percent and terms ranging from 12 to 20 years. There are no prepayment penalties, so you can pay off the loan sooner rather than later if you choose.

1- to 2-Day Installations

Blue Raven Solar is quite efficient when it comes to installation time; the company typically completes a solar installation job in one to two days, which is a quicker turnaround time than what some other solar energy contractors provide.

Full-Service Solar PV Company

Blue Raven Solar is a solar company that offers end-to-end services, from the sales process to the installation of the solar panels, in-house. This means that each employee customers will be interacting with works directly for Blue Raven Solar, which makes the entire process much easier to manage and greatly reduces the chances of mistakes resulting from miscommunication.

Referral Program

Blue Raven Solar states that its mission is to help bring clean energy to everyone. As a result, for customers who help their friends and family to save money on their utility bills with renewable energy, Blue Raven Solar offers $250 for each referral that has one of the company's solar energy systems installed. This is a nice incentive that not every solar installer offers for customers to recommend solar power to their loved ones.

Helpful Information on Website

Blue Raven Solar strives to educate homeowners about solar and provides several informational resources on its site on topics such as solar technology, net metering, system maintenance, and more. This information delivers clear expectations and helps ensure customer satisfaction.

The Bad

No Leases or PPAs Available

Unfortunately, Blue Raven Solar does not offer leases or Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), which are each attractive payment options for many consumers who would like to take advantage of renewable energy without taking on the financial responsibility of an investment. Individuals interested in one of these payment options should look into other residential solar installers.

The Bottom Line

Blue Raven Solar has made a quick impact on the solar industry and offers a number of services in house. The company's goal is to reduce dependence on traditional power usage sources, and help homeowners take advantage of energy cost savings while utilizing clean energy solutions. Residential customers who choose to switch to renewable energy with Blue Raven will have access to a unique solar financing option called BluePower Plus+.

However, interested homeowners looking for a solar company that offers leases or PPAs will probably want to look at other solar providers.

Call our recommended rep over at Blue Raven Solar below.

Marrion E Garvin Boise, ID

Their crew showed up right after the frost left the roof of our house. They got set up to install our solar system on the roof. They sounded like a bunch of woodpeckers working up there, getting each step of the work needed to be done. Everyone had a job to do and set out to do so, some on the roof, another installing the control box for the electrical. Another was in the crawl space under the roof pulling wires to the electrical box. They were very professional in their work and did not waste any time in doing the job. They cleaned up after their work was done, everything from the roof to the ground outside the house. They were a friendly bunch of guys and explained to me all that was for me to understand.

Andy Lee Independence, MO

Blue Raven was great to work with for my solar install. Not only did they do an incredible job with their install, finishing the project earlier than anticipated and leaving a clean job site and great mechanical appearance, they also helped me easily navigate all aspects of financing, permitting, coordination with my power company, and tax credit rebates. I would highly recommend Blue Raven for anyone interested in pursuing solar install but concerned about upfront costs or unsure of the process.

Mark Bearden Bethesda, MD

Excellent presentation. Answered all follow-up questions quickly. Flawless execution in installation. All of the paperwork handled. In short a perfect business experience.

J. Ruben Gonzalez Eugene, OR

I am very happy with the overall service and product. Working with my rep from Albany, everything happened exactly as stated and went according to plan. We had our system up and running two weeks ahead of schedule. 10/10 would recommend.

Alex LaVoy Reno, NV

On time and very professional crew. I had 1/2 foot of snow and ice on the roof and they finished before 5pm. Highly recommend. Jonathan F was an excellent foreman and cant forget Alex S, his honesty and transparency made the sale easy for me.

Dakota Stillion Chicago, IL

Overall great experience. Brent from the sales team was very friendly and knowledgeable. The installation team was professional and finished several hours early with no mess or issues. Would recommend to anyone considering solar.

Mat Johnston Boise, ID

From the first contact with the young gentleman who knocked on my door, to the salesperson, to the install crew, to the inspectors, I felt listened to and respected all along the way. They explained things to me in ways that helped me to understand what I was getting, which I believe I got. The employees of Blue Raven Solar are courteous, professional, and safe.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Mat, thanks for leaving a review! We are so happy your experience with Blue Raven Solar has been a positive one. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions you have about your system! - Samantha H., Blue Raven Solar

Mar. 2nd, 2021

JOHN BIGELOW Boise, ID

Blue Raven Solar was transparent and trustworthy from start to finish with our residential solar system. They kept all promises regarding work time frames, fees, service, and product quality. They have contacted me regularly since our installation to verify that our system is working properly and to answer any questions I might have. I found all aspects of the work done by Blue Raven to be done professionally. I've been very satisfied with my final product.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi John, thank you for leaving a review. We are glad to have you as part of the Blue Raven family. Enjoy solar savings! -Abigail W., Blue Raven Solar

Feb. 3rd, 2021

Jim Grunow Boise, ID

My experience with Blue Raven Solar has been positive from the beginning. They sold me the size of unit that I needed based on my past electricity usage. I have had the solar panels installed for about 2 years now, and they are functioning as promised. I had two months in the winter when my usage slightly exceeded my units ability to produce electricity but otherwise I have paid the minimum charge to the electric company--$5+ dollars per month. I am simply a happy camper at this point.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Jim, thank you for the review! We appreciate your support. - Abigail W., Blue Raven Solar

Jan. 26th, 2021

Tom S Hilliard, OH

While it sounds too good to be true, so far so good. The estimate, the planning, the install, etc. everything so far has gone great. We have been making electricity for a couple of weeks so far. Sales Manager, Install Crew were great. Process was VERY easy, Blue Raven Solar took care of everything. They also pay your 1st 18 months of your solar panel loan and the first check arrived without any call center calls. Everything has been as promised, as discussed and as planned. Very happy so far.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Tom! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a great review, and I am so glad to hear that you have enjoyed working with us. If we can ever do anything else for you, please don't hesitate to reach out! - Brie R., Blue Raven Solar

Sep. 21st, 2021

Ian Trusedell Colorado Springs, CO

Blue Raven Solar has been an exceptional company to work with for the installation of my home solar system. The initial coordination between the install team and the materials delivery was off however my assigned customer rep/project manager was quick to correct the communication issues and expedite the install. The installation was performed with quality workmanship and I have seen no issues after 6 months. My system exceeds the expected production and am very happy with the results. Highly recommended!

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Ian! Thank you for leaving us such a kind review. I am so glad you are enjoying your solar savings! It's great to own your power and help the earth! Please reach out if you need anything. Brie R., Blue Raven Solar

Linda Fuquay-Varina, NC

Steve explained everything to us. We felt he was honest and informative. Any questions we have ever had he would answer promptly. He helped get us through the HOA paperwork. The worst part of the whole process was getting through our HOA. That was the HOA’s incompetence, and had nothing to do with Blue Raven.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Linda, thank you for leaving a review. We are glad you enjoyed working with us. Have a nice day! - Abigail W., Blue Raven Solar

Feb. 3rd, 2021

Julie Greenleaf, ID

They are informative, prompt, have attention to detail, and do what they say they will when they say they will. They make the process as easy as they possible can. All of the employees I've had contact with were unfailingly polite.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Julie, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed working with our team. Have a nice day! - Abigail W., Blue Raven Solar

Jan. 26th, 2021

shannon carr Kuna, ID

I can't remember being treated any better or experiencing the excellent customer service I have in Blue Raven Solar. From start to finish everyone was on time very conscientious of the jobs they were doing and did not leave until I was happy with every aspect of what they had done. The first people I talked to were door to door. Business like, very respectful and fun to talk with, letting me know the different steps I could expect and the experience I would have. If they hadn't been I would not have signed up for the initial appointment. Taylor was the gentleman to whom I had the great pleasure in meeting with next. Every company should strive for their employees to give the excellent customer service as I experienced with Taylor. Very bussiness like, very informative as well as kind, he was compassionate about the company he worked for, the service I was to experience and Very patient while he explained everything to me until I was satisfied in knowing and understanding all the information. He also followed up with every step of the way making sure I was having an excellent experience and that all went well. He also made the whole experience fun as well, thank you Taylor. Next was the gentlemen who delivered the panels. If I hadn't needed to sign for the delivery or express if I was happy where they put the panels, I wouldn't have known they were here. Before I knew it, the installers were here. Again they were very pleasant and informative. Cleaning up after themselves and making sure I was satisfied with their work. I was, Very. All in all, including the inspections it was only a couple of months from the time I signed my contract to the time that I am now up, running and tickled pink. 5 stars is the least this company and their employees should receive. Thank you Blue Raven Solar. You are the Best!

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Shannon! WOW! Thank you for such a kind and great review! We are so glad we were able to provide such a great experience in going solar. Please reach out if you ever need anything else. Thank you for being a part of the Blue Raven Solar family! - Brie R., Blue Raven Solar

Gary Dawson Denver, CO

Blue Raven did a good job of estimating how much solar we needed/could produce. 6 months in, we're producing more energy than using in the house. Their customer service has been great. There was a couple of issues with install--the roof inspection said our roof was fine, but when the crew showed up they saw some missing shingles that caused us to hold off and replace the roof (side note, insurance covered). That pushed back the install, but the install itself went smoothly. So I'd probably go with 4.5 stars. They also had an incentive program that covered the first 18 months of payments and they've been covering that with 100% efficiency.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Gary, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad that for the most part you've had a good experience working with us! I'm sorry about the situation with your roof, but I'm happy to hear it all turned out okay in the end. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything! - Brie R., Blue Raven Solar

Lloyd Witt Glen Ellyn, IL

Putting in the system was painless, the process for setting up the contract was OK. The installation went fine. System looked great at the time. Over a period of a 18 months... I have a dead panel and Blueraven responds that we will have someone come out and correct that next week. OK... Nobody shows up. So I send emails and call and the next person acts like this is the first time someone is calling them. Someone will be out next week. NO SHOW!!!!! 3 Months later the guy shows up, put a different type panel on my roof than what I purchased and..... nothing. I call back and they say it takes a couple of days. A week later...I call back and they will send a tech out. No tech shows up. Ever. The panel is dead to this day. After installation support has been horrible. Over the last 90 days.... Last week I called in help because the whole system is offline and they tell me someone will be there "Tomorrow". No show. I call back and they tell me someone came out and let me look at the notes. I tell the guy, I have camera's around my property and nobody entered it. He then changes his toon and says someone will be out in 2 days. The guy shows up and literally reboots my system. Something I have done 8 times in the time they took to show up. He can't climb on my roof so what he does could have been done over the phone with me as remote hands. He says they will have to send out a tech.....3 week go by and no tech. Call BlueRaven and they tell me, "The ticket was closed after the onsite tech fixed the issue." The onsite guy has told me that he CANNOT fix the issue and another tech should come out. I asked why they didn't contact me when the system went offline because their sales guy said that they would. That they would know before I do. Their tech team tells me that they could not possibly monitor all the solar systems they have installed. He says this to a guy that literally monitors and manages Hundreds of Thousands of computer systems. At the beginning of this process I was happy with them. At this time, they will get no recommendations from me and I will be sure to tell everyone I know....do not use BlueRaven. If I could return this entire system and get my money back, I would. P.S. I reached out to Enphase, the manufacturer for another certified installer, and had a third party come out. They found and fixed the issue. BlueRaven....crickets.

Diane Saxman Boise, ID

I went full solar with blue raven solar and I couldn't be happier! They were very efficient, answered all my questions along the way, I got everything done expediently and the installation was flawless. I highly recommend them transfer to English

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Diane! Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. I am so glad you've been happy with your experience! We are committed to always providing a 5-star experience, so if anything falls short of that, please don't hesitate to reach out! - Brie R., Blue Raven Solar

Carrie Charlotte, NC

Blue Raven Solar is a great company. They gave me in detail how solar panels would benefit me, they are always available for answers to your questions. They are very kind as well.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Carrie, thanks for leaving a review! We are so happy your experience with Blue Raven Solar has been a positive one. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions you have about your system! - Samantha H., Blue Raven Solar

cheryl yeary Denver, CO

I totally recommend Blue Raven Solar. All the employees are friendly and very knowledgeable about solar. The installers were very clean. I Love the look of their panels and I really love that I am getting energy from the sun.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Cheryl, thank you for leaving a review. We are glad you had a good experience with Blue Raven Solar. Have a nice day! - Abigail W., BRS

Dec. 29th, 2020

Leo Lohman

It works exactly like it is supposed to..The salesman was not pushy and answered every question I had.since the solar was installed I get two invoices from Xcel Energy, gas and electricity. The gas bill is normal, the electric bill has been $0.00 for the past year..

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Leo, thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience. We are happy to hear you are saving with solar!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Oct. 22nd, 2020

Suvin Viswanathan

From the beginning initial design, through final design and installation, Blue Raven was excellent. The actual installation was a joy to watch. There was one oops during the Village Inspection but Blue Raven was on top of it and came through.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Suvin, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your business and feedback. Have a great day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Sep. 30th, 2020

Brad

Blue Raven was attentive, thorough, and had great communication. In addition, they had some awesome incentives for me to sign up when I did, and my neighbors were able to get in on it also, providing me with a referral bonus. Thanks BR!

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Brad, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate it! Have a great day.-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Sep. 29th, 2020

Dustin Littleton, CO

Good customer service. Fair price. Relatively painless process. Installation was fast. Minor damage to house was resolved quickly.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Dustin, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to hear the installation went well. Have a great day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Erin Peyton, CO

They are very good, but two items caused the 4 vs 5 star. First the plan was to get the system installed in 2019 to get the full tax credit, and it did not go on till Feb 2020. Second, they had to come back out as two of the three panels were not producing. It was an easy fix once they found it (loose wire connection), but it should have worked the first time.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Erin, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Please let us know if you ever need anything. -Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Aug. 26th, 2020

Ed Fredenburg Newberg, OR

Blue Raven worked closely with us to finalize the design concept, and provided detailed and essential information that provided the basis for our decision to proceed. Installation was timely and efficient. However system startup was delayed due to a change order in our contract that was determined necessary when the installation team found it had to reduce the number of solar panels due to space restrictions on our roof.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Ed, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your support and patience during the installation process. Have a great day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Aug. 26th, 2020

Mike & Melody Stone

All the people we worked with while getting our solar system were first rate & very helpful. We never had any questions about the process & everything went smoothly . We have enjoyed everything about our Blue Raven solar system especially the lower energy bills.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Mike & Melody, thanks for leaving a review! We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying your system. Have a great weekend.-Maddie E., BRS

Jul. 31st, 2020

Gerdus Byleveld Colorado Springs, CO

From the first sales call, the Blue Raven team has been precise in their communication, from pricing to dates for inspections and delivery / installation. My installation was just completed so I do not have an opinion on the long-term quality of the product yet, but can definitely recommend Blue Raven based on my experience thus far. They treated me as an individual and always had my information correct as I was handed from sales to installation to customer success.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Thank you so much for the review Gerdus! I am so glad everything up to now has been a 5-star experience. Moving forward, if anything falls below that, please let us know! We are committed to providing you with a 5-star experience. Have a great day! - Brie R., Blue Raven Solar

Jason Garver Colorado Springs, CO

Great and friendly people. Great installation. Very happy with the product. Would definitely recommend to anybody looking to do solar!

Keith Ballein Columbus, OH

Everything from the beginning of the project had gone well. Any and all questions asked were answered and even some that were not asked. Just waiting on City of Upper Arlington and AEP for inspection and Net Meter

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Keith! Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We are committed to always providing a 5-star experience, so if anything falls short of that, please don't hesitate to reach out! - Brie R., Blue Raven Solar

Bruce Oak Park, IL

I unfortunately had a poor experience with Blue Raven. First they did not appear to understand the local regulations where I live. The installation was done incorrectly per local regulations and required multiple visits for the company to finally get the set up acceptable to the village. It was months from the installation to when the system was operational. Then this winter, after heavy snows, ice and snow slid off the panels onto my car parked in the driveway causing thousands of damage to my vehicle. I emailed Blue Raven, and first they said they had never heard of this issue, and then stopped responding. Looking on line, this is a well known issue in states with snow, with solutions available. Their ignorance of this is unaccpeptable. I would strongly urge you to look for a different company that knows what they are doing

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Bruce, I tried to give you a call today, but I wasn’t able to get a hold of you. I want to apologize for the trouble you experienced at installation with delays. Please give me a call me back at 385-273-3934 or email me at [email protected] so we can discuss how I can make things right. – Samantha H., Blue Raven Solar

Mar. 25th, 2021

Gregory Kernodle Fuquay-Varina, NC

Review updated: Horrible service. I had contracted and at the time, I had just installed a hot tub. through the winter before it was installed My bills were higher, so I got a quote from another company which was more panels. about a month and a half before install, I sent my rep an updated bill to which he blew me off saying it was no problem. Then it was installed, and I had to turn it on, connect to enphase and learn system myself. The rep sent me thermostats paid for out of his pocket, which is kind of shady, and they said they were going to send someone to install which hasnt happened. They are now saying I have to install 6 additional panels to get to 100% offset. Th rep is now telling me things like hybrid systems are good, but non of this was discussed before. I also had concerned that the panels are not lined up in straight lines, which my wife and neighbors have made comments, and again the rep blew me off . To me, the rep is either incompetent since I now have to purchase more, or just greedy and didn't care which is why he blew me off. The company has ceased to respond for requests to make this right or remove it and the loan. DO NOT contract with Blue Raven.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi, Gregory! Thank you so much for speaking with me today. I'm sorry you felt you weren't supported when turning your system on. We can absolutely send a tech out to help you if you need more assistance. Smart thermostats and LED lights help reduce your energy consumption and make your solar system more effective so we include them with every system! Let's make sure yours get installed. I'm excited to work with you. I'll talk to you again soon! - Samantha H., Blue Raven Solar.

Mar. 10th, 2021

Andrew Boise, ID

I said I wanted solar panels but they insisted on an hour presentation when I only wanted the details of how much. Then I was told it was a 15 year loan when in reality it was 25 years. I’m a teacher so I said I could only do this during summer. They said don’t worry it’ll get done and we will do it all. Not only was it not done during summer. They also never let me know when things went through like my permit. I did all the work on that side of it. Constantly updating them on the progress of my panels. Then inspections and install had to be a week day. How can I get a sub in my class mid pandemic? On top of that you told me I wouldn’t need to because it’ll be done during summer. Constantly getting calls to schedule a week day install until finally they agreed to a weekend one and then tried to make me be the bad guy in the situation. Install guys were amazing. My contact guy was awful. He even tried to ask if he could stay in my house while I’m at work during the install. I’m going to let a guy I don’t even like into my home without me? No way. Awful service. Then my friend got solar panels from a local place. Way cheaper that I’m pay. Didn’t cost him a car to go green. If I were to do this again I’d go with any other company. This was an awful experience I hope no one else has to go through. And for some reason y’all keep asking me for these reviews. I’ve given you feed back two other times. How many times can I say you’re not a great company to work with till you leave me alone?

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi, Andrew! I apologize for asking you to leave a review when you’ve already provided us with Feedback about your experience. The emails that you’ve received asking for a review were sent to touch base and let you know you are meeting your production guarantee for your system , which is great news. While a local company may have been cheaper, you really are paying for quality when you go solar with Blue Raven. We assemble the highest quality equipment for you and offer guarantees to ensure they are producing what we say they will. Please contact our support line at 855-205-2530 if there is anything we can do for you. - Samantha H., Blue Raven Solar

Feb. 23rd, 2021

Debra Wallin Charlotte, NC

Installation Crew was top notch. However, my panels didn't produce for six full weeks in July and August after being turned on due to a defective part in the electrical panel.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Debra, we really appreciate you taking the time to rate your experience. Please reach out if you need anything in the future!

Diane Arvada, CO

The whole process was easy, start to finish. Everyone I worked/talked to was helpful and kind. They even finished early. I'm producing more electricity than I use!!

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Diane, thank you for leaving a review! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed working with our team. Please reach out if you need anything in the future! - Samantha H., Blue Raven Solar

[email protected] Boise, ID

Blue Raven Solar has been ready to fix or answer any questions I have about my install of solar. Just recently found out my power bill has been reduced and my budget pay will come down by a considerable amount. So much so I even call the power company to make sure the figure was correct.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi! Thank you for the review! What a fun little surprise to have costs reduce so much! Have a great day :) - Brie R., Blue Raven Solar

Kyle D Bucher Indianapolis, IN

Blue Raven communicated with us throughout the entire process, and it was a seamless journey. The panels were installed quickly, without much interruption at all, and the payment and financing program is efficient and easy. We couldn't be more happy with the process, and the results!

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Kyle! If you know anyone else interested in also having a 5-star experience with Blue Raven Solar, let us know! - Brie, Blue Raven Solar

Barbara Fisk Denver, CO

Excellent service from start to finish! The company worked with some issues relating to my roof, before the solar was installed and that was extremely helpful. Process went smoothly from start to finish. Kudos to to Mitchell Weidner. He went above and beyond to make this an extremely positive experience.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hello Barbara! I am so glad that you enjoyed working with Mitchell and the rest of the Blue Raven Solar team! Please don't ever hesitate to reach out if you need anything. We are so glad you are a part of the Blue Raven Solar family! - Brie R., Blue Raven Solar

Frank Herbert Portland, OR

I had a great experience. The salesman was low key and informative. The installers were polite, helpful and on-time. They had great patience dealing with the city building inspector. My monthly electric bill has dropped to less than $10/month. I suggest everyone consider solar.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Thanks for the review, Frank! Those are some awesome solar savings! If you know anyone else who is interested in going solar, please be sure to refer them to us so we can make sure their solar process is 5-stars as well! - Brie R., Blue Raven Solar

Donna M Littleton, CO

Chase T sold me on getting the solar panels. He was very professional, always returned my calls, and followed through on everything. He had to deal with my association since this was the first time someone was getting solar, so I feel he went way beyond what he had to do!

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Donna, thank you for leaving a review! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed working with our team. Please reach out if you need anything in the future! - Samantha H., Blue Raven Solar

Jun. 2nd, 2021

Emily

While the system seems to be working well enough now, I had several issues on the initial set up. I had my electrical panel upgraded before getting my solar panels. After Blue Raven came to hook up my solar system my newly upgraded electrical panel was left in such poor condition by Blue Raven, that the lid barely closed. In the process they managed to also loosen other connections and several months later I had to call in an independent electrician in order to find out what was going on. I really wanted to love Blue Raven and write them a good review, but I there were numerous times when I had to follow up with them just to get the basics taken care of. They tried to be very helpful on the phone, but the actual service I received wasn't to the level of what I felt it could be.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Emily, I was unable to identify your account without additional details. Could you email me at [email protected] so I can help address your concerns? - Maddie E., BRS

Nov. 11th, 2020

Don Hatch

I am happy with Blue Raven Solar however I am waiting until I have had the Solar panels on for a full year to see if I am in fact generating the 105% power that Blue Raven Solar says I should generate. However so far I haven't generated that much power.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Don, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your system is currently producing at 100% which is great news. Feel free to email me at [email protected] which any questions. Have a great day!-Maddie E., BRS

Oct. 28th, 2020

Kathryn McAbery Teton, ID

We wish we never purchased the solar panels and that we shopped around a little more. Blue Raven didn't put the panels on according to the document that we signed. Their customer service was really frustrating as we tried to get the issue corrected. The panels cause snow to build up on the roof and it is extremely difficult and dangerous to shovel off. They finally informed us that they would fix it in the spring. However, to install the solar panels they had to put holes in the roof and to move them would weaken the roof. So honestly we don't know what to do and are to frustrated to go through customer service again. However, I give them 2 stars because the panels are working as guaranteed.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Kathryn, thanks for submitting your feedback on our customer service department. I have forwarded this on to management. I am sorry to hear you are having difficulty with your solar panel maintenance. If you have any questions, please give us a call.-Maddie E., Blue Rave Solar

Lisa Wade Portland, OR

We were sold that this would be a swap of bills. Trading out the power bill for the solar loan, but we have not even come close to doing a 1-1 swap. Instead we are paying a high power bill along with the solar loan payment. This is NOT what we were sold. We even had them add 2 extra panels Incase the original quote wouldn't be sufficient- due to our circumstances and knowing we would likely use a lot of power.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Lisa, your system is currently producing within our estimates. I would be happy to address your bill concerns. Please email me at [email protected] with copies of your past few bills. Thanks, Maddie E., BRS

Derrick L Smith Raleigh, NC

I have not been completely satisfied with the service of the panels. The energy bill for the summer is way too high and I'm not happy with the solar panel output for the demand of cooling needs. I moved my thermostat from 73 degrees to 75 and my bill still soared to nearly $200. I have 36 panels and I can't understand why they can't support the needs of my home when so much sunlight is beating down on the panels which should be able to keep up with the energy needs for cooling. At this point I'm not happy with energy shortages the panels are producing.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Derrick, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. I would be happy to take a look at your concerns. If you could email me your past few bills to [email protected], I can take a look. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Sep. 1st, 2020

Jeff Jacobson Kill Devil Hills, NC

Outstanding service. From start to finish the salesman kept us informed on how the progress was going.The installers were very professional and clean. We are definitely pleased with the performance of the system.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

HI Jeff, we really appreciate the review. We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying your system. Have a nice day!-Maddie E., BRS

Aug. 19th, 2020

Jon McPherson Middleton, ID

The whole process from start to finish was amazing. Everyone kept in close contact at every step of the process and now that I've had the system for a while I couldn't more pleased.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Jon, thanks for leaving a review. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your system. Have a great day!-Maddie E., BRS

Aug. 19th, 2020

angie and Jason

enjoyed working with sales rep, Mike F, he answered and explained every questions and kept us in contact with the progress of the solar. Also, the install people were professional and easy going

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Angie & Jason, thank you for taking time to leave a review. We really appreciate it and your business. Have a great day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Jul. 31st, 2020

casey mauth

We have had 2 major issues since we added our panels that have cost us money. both issues stemming from the install of our system. the first issue was addressed. the more recent issue i have not heard back from anyone. the system went down due to a mis-use of fuse when built. so for a month we were not producing power. i have now had 2 bills equaling $178 and feel we should get some form of compensation as this was the mistake of the install. So we paid double for the panels themselves and 2 months of power from duke. overall i had recommended this company to friends, but with these 2 major issues, i am not as confident to do so. I do feel this is a small item to compensate us for based on the error of the install.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Casey, I was able to look into your account and I see we have already compensated you for the time you system was down last year. Our support team is currently working with you to provide additional compensation for the 3 weeks your system was down in April. Hopefully this will help to rectify the situation. If you have any additional questions feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] Thanks, Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Jul. 21st, 2020

Casey

Delivered what they promised. They were professional, punctual and every step of the process was enjoyable. I don't do a lot of reviews but Blue Raven was very deserving of my 5 star review.

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Casey, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate your business and support. Have a great day!-Maddie E., Blue Raven Solar

Oct. 22nd, 2020

Marla Wolf ,

We just had our install completed and so far very happy. They were very respectful and informative about what they were doing and the process. **** Also very pleased with the way it looks **** I was fearful the panels would be an eye sore but they match nicely with our roof and our house being on a slight hill, they do not stick out much at all. Now looking forward to seeing some impact!!

Reply from Blue Raven Solar

Hi Marla, thanks for leaving a review! We are so happy your experience with Blue Raven Solar has been a positive one. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions you have about your system! - Samantha H., Blue Raven Solar

Mar. 8th, 2021