Realtor.com Logo

6.5

LAST UPDATED: September 21st, 2022
Realtor.com was started in 1995 and is owned and operated by Move, Inc. It is also the official website for the National Association of REALTORS®. The company currently has more than 4 million listings pulled from nearly 800 Multiple Listing Services. Most of these listings get updated every 15 minutes.

Zillow Logo
#1 Zillow chevron_right
Apartments.com Logo
#3 Apartments.com chevron_right
4.0
Trulia Logo
#4 Trulia chevron_right
3.9

The Good

• Plethora of features
  • Filtering options
  • Frequently updated listings

Plethora of Features Realtor.com makes finding property details incredibly easy. On a listing's page, you can find everything from the property's history, surrounding schools and neighborhoods, to nearby restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, and more. A mortgage calculator is included on nearly every listing as well. According to our research, Realtor.com is one of the better Real Estate Search sites we've found that provides this amount of information. Filtering Options Realtor.com has an extensive array of filtering options when buying a home. This includes not just the basics of the price range, bedrooms and bathrooms, but includes a tall list of amenities. These amenities include a two-car garage, fireplace, pool, hardwood floors, water view, tennis courts, single or multi-story, and many others. This could be extremely useful for individuals looking for homes with specific perks. Frequently Updated Listings The website touts that roughly 80% of listings are updated every 15 minutes. Most listings will even display a posting history so customers know how long they've been posted. This is excellent to know so the customer can be aware that they're always getting up-to-date information.

The Bad

• Can't directly contact seller
  • Can't directly sell your home
  • Lack of info for some properties
Can't Directly Contact Seller On Realtor.com, everything is done through the real estate agents. No information is provided on how to reach the home's owner, but Realtor.com makes it incredibly easy to contact the home's real estate agent. Can't Directly Sell Your Home If you haven't figured it out by now, everything on Realtor.com is done through-you guessed it-realtors. If you want to sell or rent out your property, the website requires you to go through a licensed realtor. Lack of Info for Some Properties On some but not all, Realtor.com doesn't feature photos of properties. This is definitely not ideal for a real estate website in that every home buyer wants to know what the property looks like before they have to show up to take a look. Some information is also not featured on properties such as sex offenders or crime rates in the area.

The Bottom Line

Realtor.com is a powerful Real Estate Search site that gives plentiful information on listings across the United States. Consumers would do well to give the website a look, especially if they're looking for specific amenities on each property. The only downside is that everything must be done through a professional realtor, including listing and buying/renting property. Overall, Realtor.com is a great experience.

HeavenlyKira Oklahoma City, OK

Out of all the Home apps I used, Realtor.com was my favorite. It was the easiest to use and navigate for me and had more houses than others on it.

Pacific Austin San Francisco, CA

We relied most heavily on Realtor.com in our home search. We were able to identify properties we wanted to see quickly (as soon as they came on the market) and communicate these to our agent. We also found our agent through Realtor.com. We liked their value estimation tool, estimated monthly cost tool, and that they had a floodplain overlay on their maps.

P M San Francisco, CA

Great for finding Property, plus a lot of other useful information to help during the purchase process.

Janine Jannicelli Wake Forest, NC

Been using this site for 10 years and love their features ! Customer service was always helpful, website was always fast and accurate.

Joe Campos San Antonio, TX

Love the accuracy of the listings and it's always updated. I found a home through the app that did not show up on other realtor sites, it was my favorite place I ever lived.

Anoushka Ahuja Orlando, FL

This is my go to sites when I am looking for houses I get up-to-date listings as I have saved my search they have a lot of information with regards to the history of the property the only thing is that it lags by a few hours so in a hot property market you still want to check your listings on MLS

J. D. Maney Pensacola, FL

I like and use Realtor.com when I want to research cities that I might like to move to. They provide accurate and detailed information about and (usually) multiple photos of homes that fit my needs and price range. I feel I can rely on Realtor.com to provide me with relevant information I can use in lieu of actually visiting a city or property myself!

Leah Garcia Yuma, AZ

We have found Realtor.com to be the best site to use when looking for real estate. It tends to be kept updated so that you know what is off of the market. The price changes are accurate and the site runs well and is easy to navigate. The pictures and info are very well put together. It also provides the ability to create files for what you would like to keep track of and this has helped us immensely. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Shoppingmom7 Cincinnati, OH

Realtor.com was such a great resource to have during the process of our new home search. The listings we received seemed to fit our search criteria as we were able to customize our searches to exactly what we were looking for which in todays market u had to be "johnny on the spot" & if u see a home listing u even THINK you may look at you have to jump right in it....Between this app & Zillow we were able to view the houses we wanted & ended up finding an amazing home!

Brennan Smith Okemos, MI

I really liked using Realtor.com when we were searching for a new home. Good mobile app with a clean layout and nice picture viewing mode.

Kacie Boeshore Pittsburgh, PA

Easy to use and navigate. One of the main apps we used when purchasing our first home. Still use it now for up to date price and tax history.

Daisy's Mom West Bend, WI

When I am searching for property, this is the best overall search tool. I have used other national sites as well as local realtor's sites, and keep going back to realtor.com. I LOVE the sorting features as well as map search.

Catherine Yee Newport Beach, CA

Our home was showcased on Realtor.com with an amazing, inviting video of the home and panoramic views of the home. The home sold in record time. We love the quality of our home presentation on Realtor.com It is a powerful display of homes and properties that could potentially be that dream home that you are looking for!

Audrey Macfarlane Dallas, TX

I find myself on realtor.com almost everyday! They have so many listings and great up-to-date information that I honestly haven't been able anywhere else. Great customer service, great interface. I have no complaints and love this company.

Jen M Raleigh, NC

I used Realtor.com while looking for my house. They provide homes that just came on the market and ones that are coming soon. They let you set filters so you don’t see every listing. You can customize the search to what you are looking for.

Shopman Herriman, UT

Realtor.com is my go-to website to look at homes. I love all the filters they have to narrow down my search. I have tried many different sites and Realtor.com is by far my favorite. It has the features necessary to find the perfect home.

Carol Sampson Houston, TX

Easy to maneuver when searching ! Love searching on their site!

Barbara Luke Chicago, IL

I like Realtor.com over other online house search engines for it's complete information and the way it's formatted. Dislikes are that it's an extra step to click a link to get the property details. Also, when one is looking for rentals, it is up to the listing agent to provide critical details as to availability and additional fees. None of the online providers are very good at making this information mandatory in their listings.

Jlbflatx New Braunfels, TX

Being a top realtor for many years I have always used realtor.com. No longer a realtor but the information always given was very helpful in buying and selling. Gives you schools, taxes, and all listings in areas you desire to live in. Easy to navigate the site and clear beautiful pictures inside and out of homes. Easy to find realtors that deal in that location.

April Simpson Fayetteville, NC

Used them to help my youngest son find his home. They provide him his realtor and there were no fees.

Karen Bach Mount Airy, GA

Moved approximately 18 months ago. Found Realtor.com to be the most user-friendly and comprehensive sites to use when researching new properties.

Katie Marshall Brooklyn, NY

I invest in house, so I really appreciate Realtor.com. on-site you can select a price range view homes surrounding neighborhoods, and market in areas.

Valerie Altine FL

I have downloaded the realtor app to research listing information when we were in search of a home. We were able to find several listings that had just enough details to answer a questions.

Elizabeth Orlando, FL

My family and I recently moved, and this was our go to website for seeing what the houses on the market were. They provided many leads on various houses with decent customer service.

Deborah Brown Belfast, ME

I was a Realtor for several years and I know that the MLS is tied to realtor.com so the data is accurate and up to date. The search engine is probably the best of all real estate searches.

J B Sandy, UT

Realtor.com was an excellent resource in looking for home values and a mortgage lender. They had a comprehensive listing in when I was searching for a home in a specific school district.

Austin Tempe, AZ

Realtor.com is a great place to get some research on the current market prices. They include some good recent comps that you can even look at to compare their estimated value to.

Toni Montuori

Realtor.com is the best search engine for potential home seekers. They often list three “things” ppl should know but don’t always think to ask. 1. Area Noise 2. Floor Zone 3. Local Crime. It’s my go to first site and I found my last home there.

Syeda Zephyrhills, FL

Great results for what I was filtering for.

Basil48 Southport, NC

THIS IS THE SITE 99% OF REALTORS USE AND THE DATA IS ACCURATELY POSTED MINUTES AFTER SUBMISSION BY REALTOR. USUALLY A THOROUGH MARKET ANALYSIS IS MADE WHICH IS TRULY REPRESENTATIVE OF THE MARKET CONDITIONS FOR THAT SPECIFIC PROPERTY. FURTHER, ENHANCEMENTS ARE MADE WHEN AN APPRAISAL IS DONE BEFORE THE LISITING IS POSTED.

Sirdriz77 Fairfield, CT

I've spent countless hours looking at houses online, and realtor.com is my favorite platform to search. I find that it is the easiest to navigate and find all of the info that I am looking for like property details and flood ratings. The notifications and alerts are great too to see immediately when new listings come on.

Lisa E Leominster, MA

Very nice overview of properties for sale in the selected area. I like to keep an eye on what's going on in the area and look for potential investment opportunities nearby. It's nice to be able to see photos of properties and detailed descriptions using this site.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

I like how Realtor.com provides information regarding the neighborhood of homes. For example, it is nice knowing how people report levels of noise and how busy it is. It is also helpful being able to see how schools are rated nearby.

TTeep Smithfield, UT

I use realtor.com all the time to search for real estate. I like their service, with one exception, I wish there was a way to filter by price per acre when searching for land. However, since I can't find anyone who really does have all the search criteria that I want, I can't really complain. I like that they send me an email with updates from all my different saved searches, it keeps me in the know as a buyer.

Satin Danielle St Louis, MO

I love realtor.com. They set me up with the best realtor to help me through my home buying journey.

Susan P Moniz Waipahu, HI

I am confident that the information they put forth is accurate. I learn the newest ways to market properties and to get clients.

Christy Mattson Eureka, CA

Realtor.com Is reliable information that I trust. Always accurate updated information. Their website is very user friendly with lots of helpful information/links

Jennifer Tallahassee, FL

Realtor.com is very easy to use. It stays up to date and has the latest listings. That is very convenient, especially in this market. I also like the Neighborhood feature.

Khadija Kachwala London, ON

Been looking into buying a house and Realtor.com has been great. Has all the information required to help homebuyers and their support is very responsive too.

Judith Czerniak Loveland, CO

Realtor.com is easy to use and provides important data on houses for sale. I was able to find the perfect house to purchase this past Fall, in this tough market. Thank you!

Rachel Sharp

Love this site! Super helpful when I've been moving and needed a place to start when looking for homes! It helped us find homes before our realtor could!

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

I've used Relator.com a few times when searching for out of state properties. This site is a convenient way to find out more about a property before having to contact a realtor. The site is easy to use.

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

When we were searching for our current home, we searched Realtor.com on a daily basis looking for the newest listings in the area. We were able to find the house we wanted on our own, and then we contacted a realtor.

Juanita Morrison Columbus, OH

Realtor.com is a great tool for searching for your family home. I like the notification feature for new listings. The mortgage calculator is helpful in giving a pretty accurate estimate of your mortgage payment.

Ashlyn Elwood Roswell, GA

Realtor.com has a super clean website that is very appealing to the eye. They are also super useful when looking at details of specific houses in the locations you are looking at!

Anne Sainsbury South Jordan, UT

I have loved using this site this year as I have been looking for homes for sale in our area. I have always been able to find homes within my price range and filter by specifics (price, bedrooms, bathrooms, square footage, etc.) to narrow down my search. I would recommend this site to those that are looking for any type of "home" real estate!

Heather Milke Olney, MD

Realtor.com is my favorite, and, in my opinion, the best home search app out there. I used it often to review home sales in my area and keep an understanding of what is happening in the market. It was extremely handy when I was selling my home.

Jordon Patton Pflugerville, TX

Great! Beautiful and user-friendly source to look at properties. It's usually fairly accurate with what goes up on MLS, but obviously, doesn't allow you to see listings pre-market like a realtor can give. Provides a lot of the information that I care about when I'm looking at properties.

murfday College Station, TX

I love getting emails with new houses that pop up that match my specific search. I like to look up houses I see for sale while driving around. I like that I don’t have to contact the selling agent when I am just curious. Realtor.com is a great way to do that.

Wendy Hunter Riverton, UT

This is the best online real estate source. I love that I can get all the information I need on a property at one glance. I actually found a home for my daughter and her husband through Realtor.com that they ended up purchasing!