Realtor.com Logo

7.1

LAST UPDATED: November 29th, 2021
Realtor.com was started in 1995 and is owned and operated by Move, Inc. It is also the official website for the National Association of REALTORS®. The company currently has more than 4 million listings pulled from nearly 800 Multiple Listing Services. Most of these listings get updated every 15 minutes.

Zillow Logo
#1 Zillow chevron_right
Hubzu Logo
#2 Hubzu chevron_right
2.8
Apartments.com Logo
#4 Apartments.com chevron_right

The Good

• Plethora of features
  • Filtering options
  • Frequently updated listings

Plethora of Features Realtor.com makes finding property details incredibly easy. On a listing's page, you can find everything from the property's history, surrounding schools and neighborhoods, to nearby restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, and more. A mortgage calculator is included on nearly every listing as well. According to our research, Realtor.com is one of the better Real Estate Search sites we've found that provides this amount of information. Filtering Options Realtor.com has an extensive array of filtering options when buying a home. This includes not just the basics of the price range, bedrooms and bathrooms, but includes a tall list of amenities. These amenities include a two-car garage, fireplace, pool, hardwood floors, water view, tennis courts, single or multi-story, and many others. This could be extremely useful for individuals looking for homes with specific perks. Frequently Updated Listings The website touts that roughly 80% of listings are updated every 15 minutes. Most listings will even display a posting history so customers know how long they've been posted. This is excellent to know so the customer can be aware that they're always getting up-to-date information.

The Bad

• Can't directly contact seller
  • Can't directly sell your home
  • Lack of info for some properties
Can't Directly Contact Seller On Realtor.com, everything is done through the real estate agents. No information is provided on how to reach the home's owner, but Realtor.com makes it incredibly easy to contact the home's real estate agent. Can't Directly Sell Your Home If you haven't figured it out by now, everything on Realtor.com is done through-you guessed it-realtors. If you want to sell or rent out your property, the website requires you to go through a licensed realtor. Lack of Info for Some Properties On some but not all, Realtor.com doesn't feature photos of properties. This is definitely not ideal for a real estate website in that every home buyer wants to know what the property looks like before they have to show up to take a look. Some information is also not featured on properties such as sex offenders or crime rates in the area.

The Bottom Line

Realtor.com is a powerful Real Estate Search site that gives plentiful information on listings across the United States. Consumers would do well to give the website a look, especially if they're looking for specific amenities on each property. The only downside is that everything must be done through a professional realtor, including listing and buying/renting property. Overall, Realtor.com is a great experience.

4.0

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

I like how Realtor.com provides information regarding the neighborhood of homes. For example, it is nice knowing how people report levels of noise and how busy it is. It is also helpful being able to see how schools are rated nearby.

G Anniston, AL

They were friendly and helpful from beginning to end. Even after finding out out price range much better than other companies my family and I tried before .

Toni Montuori

Realtor.com is the best search engine for potential home seekers. They often list three “things” ppl should know but don’t always think to ask. 1. Area Noise 2. Floor Zone 3. Local Crime. It’s my go to first site and I found my last home there.

TTeep Smithfield, UT

I use realtor.com all the time to search for real estate. I like their service, with one exception, I wish there was a way to filter by price per acre when searching for land. However, since I can't find anyone who really does have all the search criteria that I want, I can't really complain. I like that they send me an email with updates from all my different saved searches, it keeps me in the know as a buyer.

Doug Foerch Vernon Hills, IL

This is my favorite site for home searches. It is not only easy to use, but has great filters.

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

Realtor.com is very easy to use and another very good platform to find properties for sale or for rent. Very easy to get in touch with realtors.

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

I've used Relator.com a few times when searching for out of state properties. This site is a convenient way to find out more about a property before having to contact a realtor. The site is easy to use.

courtney tennant Salem, VA

Realtor.com puts lots of ads out to get people to go to their website. However, their website has a very confusing set-up and does not always filter the homes after I have applied them.

r vido Orem, UT

Signed up with Realtor.com for leads in February. Paid upfront right under $3000 for the year. Thus far I received 6 leads. 2 answered right away with STOP to not receive any messages from me right away. 2 were an inquire about renting or renting to own the property. One actually replied to me contacting her with a runaround to mortgage lenders and she's not anywhere close to qualify in the next year to be gracious. Last one, no response whatsoever... I keep trying because each lead is so freaking expensive but seriously the biggest CRAP I have paid $$$ for! Don't just walk away from this, RUN!

Gabe Burton Riverton, UT

Realtor.com is super helpful. I used it when searching for my first house. It was easy to find homes in the area I wanted, but some of the listings were inaccurate, I called one of the listings and the listing price was almost $10,000 more!!!

satbring Bradenton, FL

Got a VA loan and found a house. An informative site

Anne Sainsbury South Jordan, UT

I have loved using this site this year as I have been looking for homes for sale in our area. I have always been able to find homes within my price range and filter by specifics (price, bedrooms, bathrooms, square footage, etc.) to narrow down my search. I would recommend this site to those that are looking for any type of "home" real estate!

Cleto Vasquez Worcester, MA

I swear these people at realtor.com you go on to ask a question and now I’m being contacted by realtors with numbers from Germany, Los Angelos and so on all the do is constantly text you but you cannot respond back , they are selling your info to realtors all over the country stay away from this website

Leonard Leo Potomac, MD

Realtor not only has a good search engine comparable with other free realty sites, but you can also search by MLS #. However, the real MLS service will have an updated listing. Realtor arranges information like a typical real estate brochure.

Heather Milke Olney, MD

Realtor.com is my favorite, and, in my opinion, the best home search app out there. I used it often to review home sales in my area and keep an understanding of what is happening in the market. It was extremely handy when I was selling my home.

Mark Troxel Provo, UT

The good: The listings appear to be up to date. Notes are on the listing when the properties have offers that have been accepted. Sometimes you will find listings where they are seeking additional offers in case the deals fall through. Not something we would do, but is a nice feature. There are many filters to help narrow down your search. The bad: It is easy to search listings by city or county but not by larger geographical areas. I have found myself setting my filters and then searching by specific counties, one at a time. It would be nice to be able to search statewide for those who are more flexible on where they can live. I realize that is probably not the norm, but it seems it would be and easy fix.

Sydney Charleston South Jordan, UT

Realtor is a great site to use when looking for homes. It is trustworthy and easy to use! It helped us find our current house!

Raven Royal Sandy, UT

Realtor is a great site. Easy to navigate as well. There are a lot of homes on there and everything is easily set up and accessible.

hminfo Olney, MD

Realtor.com is a must if you are looking to buy or sell a home. Your home must be on their list. In addition, it is also a great tool just to keep tabs on market prices in your neighborhood.

ellie

I agree with all that's said. I did convert one lead ( a big one) and it resulted in a Sale of their existing home and purchase of another. 2 sales! So it paid for itself. I think Realtor.com should let the public know they are going to be contacted by a Realtor if they inquire on a home. Not necessarily the LISTING agent. Doesn't matter though as any Realtor can show that listing. This is why REALTOR sells this info. I'm a willing customer!

Jordon Patton Pflugerville, TX

Great! Beautiful and user-friendly source to look at properties. It's usually fairly accurate with what goes up on MLS, but obviously, doesn't allow you to see listings pre-market like a realtor can give. Provides a lot of the information that I care about when I'm looking at properties.

murfday College Station, TX

I love getting emails with new houses that pop up that match my specific search. I like to look up houses I see for sale while driving around. I like that I don’t have to contact the selling agent when I am just curious. Realtor.com is a great way to do that.

Wendy Hunter Riverton, UT

This is the best online real estate source. I love that I can get all the information I need on a property at one glance. I actually found a home for my daughter and her husband through Realtor.com that they ended up purchasing!

Morgan Tennant Rexburg, ID

Realtor.com gives copious amounts of information about each listed property. They are a very reliable website.

Isabelle Teeples Smithfield, UT

I really like all the info they give on the houses on the website. It is a very organized and easy-to-use the website.

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

When we were searching for our current home, we searched Realtor.com on a daily basis looking for the newest listings in the area. We were able to find the house we wanted on our own, and then we contacted a realtor.

Hannah Barth Tallahassee, FL

I did not find very many leads on Realtor.com unfortunately.

Meg TX

Easy to navigate the website, great listings.

Mary Alice M. Orem, UT

This platform made it really convenient for use to stay up to date on the houses for sale in our area. It updated quickly and seemed to have the most options out of all of the real estate websites

Yolanda Queer Shelley, ID

Realtor.com is a good website to use when finding a home. They are reliable.

Amy Barrus Sandy, UT

Realtor.com is functional and easy to use. Searches are detailed so I can view homes specifically fitting my needs. It is easy to keep track of previously viewed homes. Sometimes the “favorite” function hasn’t worked, but most of the time it logs homes I want to view again. It is a great app overall and a useful tool in searching the current market.

Walt Masiak Bloomfield, NJ

Horrible experience with advertising Dept at Realtor com. They advertise an Agent Branding service where Realtors can buy advertising space for their area. Unfortunately your ads will not show in your town as the person searching has to enter a specific ZIP Code only. Unless you work in a large city that differentiates subdivisions by their ZIP rather than a name, don't use this service. Your ad will never pop up in anyone's searches. I purchased the agent branding and no one could find me in the towns that I purchased the ads. Customer service informed me that I will only show if a proper ZIP Code is entered and not the town or sub division name, even if that particular town only has one ZIP. I immediately cancelled my subscription on the first day, within 24 hours. I was given a confirmation number and told that a refund will be applied to my credit card within few days. 10 days later still no credit was given. After calling Realtor.com and spending 45 minutes waiting for the customer service, I was told that now they will take care of it within a few days and I was given yet another confirmation number. When I emailed the original finance department person, I got a nasty reply back. When I politely called him on the issue not being solved I did not even get an acknowledgement back. So now, two weeks after my request to cancel the membership and get a full refund, which they said that they will grant me with no problem, I had to call my credit card and dispute this transaction. If Realtor.com can do this to 500 agents country-wide and hold on to their money for an extended period of time, they are making good interest and the use of it for free. Bad business practice. Not a way to treat your customers like that. And to think that they work for us, the Realtors. I feel ashamed of being a member of that organization.

Jeremy Dunn, NC

It saddens me to think back over the years of hearing Realtor.com portray their website as a respectable place to search homes..."by Realtors, for Realtors". What a joke! The unprofessional manner in which the staff of Realtor.com sales and management team operates is disgraceful. Today, I am truly ashamed for the respectable symbol and title "Realtor" to be associated in any way with the business model and actions of Realtor.com. The secretive and greed driven entity of Realtor.com has reached a point in which, the title "Realtor" should in no way be associated with one another. The operations, dealings and business practices of this site are no reflection of the honorable and trustworthy title we hold dear. A "Realtor" has a duty to serve the public with honesty and always place the clients' needs above our own while Realtor.com operates only to serve themselves, with no care for the men and women who actually work for and along side the public. I never thought I would see the day, I would respect Zillow.com far more than the site our proud title is, and will forever be linked to.

Munish Rajpal Denver, CO

“LEADS - POOR QUALITY OF LEADS + LOW VOLUME” I thought online marketing is the way to go but realtor.com are taking me for a ride. I am getting less 1/4 the lead volume, and the once I am getting are other realtors calling in on their listing or venders trying to sell services. Additionally they have unethical way of capturing leads as the consumer is thinking that they are reaching out to listing agents and are NOT aware that their information is SOLD to other agents. I am ok if they are open about it on their site and consumer is aware of it. On top of it they told me that they are keeping the rates the same for poor quality leads and low volume till it start hitting your credit card that you are over paying. Will update this review as things unfolds.

JOHN MARKEY Saint Petersburg, FL

I find the site HORRIBLE. The page of listings chronically jumps all over the place. (I've used 3 computers) work,home,phone,neighbors!!!! Also if condo's are listed 'FOR SALE', it should be MANDATED that the HOA fee is listed as well as pets accepted or not. If it's not listed this send's a negative message to potential buyers, as if buyer's are like myself, I won't even open any further, thus causing them to lose a potential buyer (why hide the fact's, a buyer find's out, and as a "seller", there's nothing more annoying than getting an appointment , cleaning the place up for a showing, only to get the feedback, the buyer wasn't interested because the HOA fee is to high, and/or they need to have a pet friendly bldg. I have bought and sold 8 homes in 4 years, and hate when they use Realtor.com , as you keep getting such poor quality jumping around the screen, when you go back to "search, sometimes if your on page 5....it jumps back to page 1 !!!!!, and you have to re enter all the info back in that your looking for a certain price, beds, bath's. Extremely poor service quality. I can't believe people pay for advertising on this web-site !!!!

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

This is my preferred search site to use when looking for homes. I feel like they do a good job of updating listings and not leaving on homes that are already sold.

Terin Layton, UT

Realtor.com has been a wonderful resource to use since we are looking to by a home. There is so much information on each listing, it’s an easy place to educate yourself as a home buyer on the home, Its property, and community. Realtor.com is one of our go to sites when we’re looking for a home.

Tiffany Vollmer Midvale, UT

I used Realtor. com everyday for about 5 months while I searched for our family home. The site was very user friendly and I would highly recommend it to anyone in the market of a new home or land.

Lupita Esquibel Vacaville, CA

I purchase leads from Realtor.com and they are horrible they are sold to 10 agents that end up calling the same client who is upset after getting all those calls from RE. I tried cancelling and they are still charging my account a year later apparently I have to cancel every year in January or it will keep on renewing! WTF I guess Realtor.com is despread for money they don't know what cancellation means! !!

Teresa Sanders Dumas, TX

I’ve had the app for over a year. Recently it quit updating homes within my chosen area. I don’t know what’s going on but if I can’t see new homes on the market I don’t need the app. Right now I’m just wasting space in my phone.

applebutteranna Butler West Wendover, NV

This was a great way to search for a place that you want to live. They have great options for when and how to tour a potential home.

AF ,

We've used Realtor.com a few times to search for homes in our area. Overall, it feels pretty user friendly. I like the features they have to see the property history, nearby schools, etc.

Whit Orem, UT

I often use Realtor.com for work to look up customers homes but have found that not all homes can be found. I feel like they could do a better job at providing more.

Gail Salt Lake City, UT

I've used realtor.com to look at available houses, mostly just out of curiosity. While I don't think their site is as easy to use as Zillow, it is still pretty good.

Brodie Smithfield, UT

I have used realtor.com many times and I am always so pleased with the ease of use I experience. I also love that I can save my searches!

Jma55 Smithfield, UT

I love using Realtor.com to find home information, availability and home prices So quickly while we are searching for a home.

TeaSpillin Salt Lake City, UT

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezer user experience.

Jodianna Maitland, FL

I really like how convenient this website is!

Lindsey American Fork, UT

I really like the real estate website Realtor.com. It's more professional and reliable than other sites out there.

Amy Gardiner Germantown, MD

I love looking at houses to see what is available in the area. Sometimes the site glitches, but they seem to fix problems quickly