Realtor.com was started in 1995 and is owned and operated by Move, Inc. It is also the official website for the National Association of REALTORS®. The company currently has more than 4 million listings pulled from nearly 800 Multiple Listing Services. Most of these listings get updated every 15 minutes.

Hubzu chevron_right
2.6
Zillow chevron_right
3.9
3.3

The Good

• Plethora of features
  • Filtering options
  • Frequently updated listings

Plethora of Features Realtor.com makes finding property details incredibly easy. On a listing's page, you can find everything from the property's history, surrounding schools and neighborhoods, to nearby restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, and more. A mortgage calculator is included on nearly every listing as well. According to our research, Realtor.com is one of the better Real Estate Search sites we've found that provides this amount of information. Filtering Options Realtor.com has an extensive array of filtering options when buying a home. This includes not just the basics of the price range, bedrooms and bathrooms, but includes a tall list of amenities. These amenities include a two-car garage, fireplace, pool, hardwood floors, water view, tennis courts, single or multi-story, and many others. This could be extremely useful for individuals looking for homes with specific perks. Frequently Updated Listings The website touts that roughly 80% of listings are updated every 15 minutes. Most listings will even display a posting history so customers know how long they've been posted. This is excellent to know so the customer can be aware that they're always getting up-to-date information.

The Bad

• Can't directly contact seller
  • Can't directly sell your home
  • Lack of info for some properties

Can't Directly Contact Seller
On Realtor.com, everything is done through the real estate agents. No information is provided on how to reach the home's owner, but Realtor.com makes it incredibly easy to contact the home's real estate agent.

Can't Directly Sell Your Home
If you haven't figured it out by now, everything on Realtor.com is done through-you guessed it-realtors. If you want to sell or rent out your property, the website requires you to go through a licensed realtor.

Lack of Info for Some Properties
On some but not all, Realtor.com doesn't feature photos of properties. This is definitely not ideal for a real estate website in that every home buyer wants to know what the property looks like before they have to show up to take a look. Some information is also not featured on properties such as sex offenders or crime rates in the area.

The Bottom Line

Realtor.com is a powerful Real Estate Search site that gives plentiful information on listings across the United States. Consumers would do well to give the website a look, especially if they're looking for specific amenities on each property. The only downside is that everything must be done through a professional realtor, including listing and buying/renting property. Overall, Realtor.com is a great experience.

3.3

Walt Masiak
February 7th, 2019 Bloomfield, NJ DETAILS

Horrible experience with advertising Dept at Realtor com. They advertise an Agent Branding service where Realtors can buy advertising space for their area. Unfortunately your ads will not show in your town as the person searching has to enter a specific ZIP Code only. Unless you work in a large city that differentiates subdivisions by their ZIP rather than a name, don't use this service. Your ad will never pop up in anyone's searches. I purchased the agent branding and no one could find me in the towns that I purchased the ads. Customer service informed me that I will only show if a proper ZIP Code is entered and not the town or sub division name, even if that particular town only has one ZIP. I immediately cancelled my subscription on the first day, within 24 hours. I was given a confirmation number and told that a refund will be applied to my credit card within few days. 10 days later still no credit was given. After calling Realtor.com and spending 45 minutes waiting for the customer service, I was told that now they will take care of it within a few days and I was given yet another confirmation number. When I emailed the original finance department person, I got a nasty reply back. When I politely called him on the issue not being solved I did not even get an acknowledgement back. So now, two weeks after my request to cancel the membership and get a full refund, which they said that they will grant me with no problem, I had to call my credit card and dispute this transaction. If Realtor.com can do this to 500 agents country-wide and hold on to their money for an extended period of time, they are making good interest and the use of it for free. Bad business practice. Not a way to treat your customers like that. And to think that they work for us, the Realtors. I feel ashamed of being a member of that organization.

Jeremy
January 25th, 2019 Dunn, NC DETAILS

It saddens me to think back over the years of hearing Realtor.com portray their website as a respectable place to search homes..."by Realtors, for Realtors". What a joke! The unprofessional manner in which the staff of Realtor.com sales and management team operates is disgraceful. Today, I am truly ashamed for the respectable symbol and title "Realtor" to be associated in any way with the business model and actions of Realtor.com. The secretive and greed driven entity of Realtor.com has reached a point in which, the title "Realtor" should in no way be associated with one another. The operations, dealings and business practices of this site are no reflection of the honorable and trustworthy title we hold dear. A "Realtor" has a duty to serve the public with honesty and always place the clients' needs above our own while Realtor.com operates only to serve themselves, with no care for the men and women who actually work for and along side the public. I never thought I would see the day, I would respect Zillow.com far more than the site our proud title is, and will forever be linked to.

Joanna Hester
June 18th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

When we were searching for our current home, we searched Realtor.com on a daily basis looking for the newest listings in the area. We were able to find the house we wanted on our own, and then we contacted a realtor.

Vicki A Michaels
May 2nd, 2018

Used it for my home search. GREAT website!

Katie Hope
May 2nd, 2018 Easton, PA

Used this site to find our dream house! Easy to use helpful information!

Schon
April 30th, 2018 Smithfield, UT

We used this app along with another during our home search. Easy to use and helpful in our home search.

Landon Robison
April 25th, 2018 Layton, UT

Great place to look for houses. You can search specific areas and there are a lot of options. Good resource for real estate.

Suzanna Wootton
December 18th, 2017 Springville, UT

I have really enjoyed using realtor.com!

Lindsey
December 11th, 2017 American Fork, UT

I really like the real estate website Realtor.com. It's more professional and reliable than other sites out there.

ellie
October 4th, 2017

I agree with all that's said. I did convert one lead ( a big one) and it resulted in a Sale of their existing home and purchase of another. 2 sales! So it paid for itself. I think Realtor.com should let the public know they are going to be contacted by a Realtor if they inquire on a home. Not necessarily the LISTING agent. Doesn't matter though as any Realtor can show that listing. This is why REALTOR sells this info. I'm a willing customer!

Munish Rajpal
July 13th, 2017 Denver, CO

“LEADS - POOR QUALITY OF LEADS + LOW VOLUME” I thought online marketing is the way to go but realtor.com are taking me for a ride. I am getting less 1/4 the lead volume, and the once I am getting are other realtors calling in on their listing or venders trying to sell services. Additionally they have unethical way of capturing leads as the consumer is thinking that they are reaching out to listing agents and are NOT aware that their information is SOLD to other agents. I am ok if they are open about it on their site and consumer is aware of it. On top of it they told me that they are keeping the rates the same for poor quality leads and low volume till it start hitting your credit card that you are over paying. Will update this review as things unfolds.

JOHN MARKEY
April 25th, 2016 Saint Petersburg, FL

I find the site HORRIBLE. The page of listings chronically jumps all over the place. (I've used 3 computers) work,home,phone,neighbors!!!! Also if condo's are listed 'FOR SALE', it should be MANDATED that the HOA fee is listed as well as pets accepted or not. If it's not listed this send's a negative message to potential buyers, as if buyer's are like myself, I won't even open any further, thus causing them to lose a potential buyer (why hide the fact's, a buyer find's out, and as a "seller", there's nothing more annoying than getting an appointment , cleaning the place up for a showing, only to get the feedback, the buyer wasn't interested because the HOA fee is to high, and/or they need to have a pet friendly bldg. I have bought and sold 8 homes in 4 years, and hate when they use Realtor.com , as you keep getting such poor quality jumping around the screen, when you go back to "search, sometimes if your on page 5....it jumps back to page 1 !!!!!, and you have to re enter all the info back in that your looking for a certain price, beds, bath's. Extremely poor service quality. I can't believe people pay for advertising on this web-site !!!!