Realtor.com Logo

6.6

LAST UPDATED: February 2nd, 2023
Realtor.com was started in 1995 and is owned and operated by Move, Inc. It is also the official website for the National Association of REALTORS®. The company currently has more than 4 million listings pulled from nearly 800 Multiple Listing Services. Most of these listings get updated every 15 minutes.

Zillow Logo
#1 Zillow chevron_right
Apartments.com Logo
#3 Apartments.com chevron_right
4.1
Trulia Logo
#4 Trulia chevron_right
4.0

The Good

• Plethora of features
  • Filtering options
  • Frequently updated listings

Plethora of Features Realtor.com makes finding property details incredibly easy. On a listing's page, you can find everything from the property's history, surrounding schools and neighborhoods, to nearby restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, and more. A mortgage calculator is included on nearly every listing as well. According to our research, Realtor.com is one of the better Real Estate Search sites we've found that provides this amount of information. Filtering Options Realtor.com has an extensive array of filtering options when buying a home. This includes not just the basics of the price range, bedrooms and bathrooms, but includes a tall list of amenities. These amenities include a two-car garage, fireplace, pool, hardwood floors, water view, tennis courts, single or multi-story, and many others. This could be extremely useful for individuals looking for homes with specific perks. Frequently Updated Listings The website touts that roughly 80% of listings are updated every 15 minutes. Most listings will even display a posting history so customers know how long they've been posted. This is excellent to know so the customer can be aware that they're always getting up-to-date information.

The Bad

• Can't directly contact seller
  • Can't directly sell your home
  • Lack of info for some properties
Can't Directly Contact Seller On Realtor.com, everything is done through the real estate agents. No information is provided on how to reach the home's owner, but Realtor.com makes it incredibly easy to contact the home's real estate agent. Can't Directly Sell Your Home If you haven't figured it out by now, everything on Realtor.com is done through-you guessed it-realtors. If you want to sell or rent out your property, the website requires you to go through a licensed realtor. Lack of Info for Some Properties On some but not all, Realtor.com doesn't feature photos of properties. This is definitely not ideal for a real estate website in that every home buyer wants to know what the property looks like before they have to show up to take a look. Some information is also not featured on properties such as sex offenders or crime rates in the area.

The Bottom Line

Realtor.com is a powerful Real Estate Search site that gives plentiful information on listings across the United States. Consumers would do well to give the website a look, especially if they're looking for specific amenities on each property. The only downside is that everything must be done through a professional realtor, including listing and buying/renting property. Overall, Realtor.com is a great experience.

gar greiner Colorado Springs, CO

I'm looking for a new home in either New Mexico or Arizona and realtor.com sends me homes to consider with all the details and that's great às I'm living in colorado.realy helps with the search from the comfort of my home.i love it

Amber Gagnon Sioux City, IA

I love using realtor.com and the app. It is quite easy to follow and so much detail involved. I love the pictures and reading all the information provided. It even allows you to see what your monthly payment would be and provides places you can go to receive financial help. Thank you realtor.com for providing a website that helps people!

Darylle Jefferson Sacramento, CA

What I like about this company at the time I was looking for a home I was introduced to realty.com through the internet I got a call immediately after I went on the website and the agent was on his job he emailed me numerous homes that I was interested in so I've got nothing to say but good luck to them good job

Adrienne Noel Lafayette, LA

Realtor.com is a good way to find a great home for anyone,they give you lots of options to choose from and has on more then on occasion helped me find a place to lay my head , I appreciate thank you very much !

Natalie

The site gives a ballpark figure of property value and not even close to actual appraisal. They are overpriced and realtors seem to make up a price as they go. Their information is very misleading.

Jenny MacLarty Austin, TX

We have used several sites and apps to look for real estate and Realtor.com has been the best results, options, help and actual homes to see.

Gumby Rowland Heights, CA

As a realtor in the past I have used Realtor.com for home searches and pricing. They have a good reputation and the web site is relatively simple to use. I would recommend it to anyone searching for real estate.

Ellie Bradley Thousand Oaks, CA

I find the website simple to browse and easy to understand. I love how I can save my searches and starred homes. It makes it so much easier when I have to come back to my computer.

Shelton Germaine Rogers, AR

Overall a pretty good site. The mapping ability is one thing that I really like and dislike. The clarity of where you are mapping doesn't always show right for me, There are times when I have to redo the parameters. Also, I have found some listing where the data didn't align with the end results. I guess this is because the poster selected bad data when creating the listing.

Pacific Austin San Francisco, CA

We relied most heavily on Realtor.com in our home search. We were able to identify properties we wanted to see quickly (as soon as they came on the market) and communicate these to our agent. We also found our agent through Realtor.com. We liked their value estimation tool, estimated monthly cost tool, and that they had a floodplain overlay on their maps.

Margaret James LA

We just purchased a home using Realtor and the realtor worked with us while we were in a different state.

amber Bullock Fayetteville, NC

Used this site for my house hunting. It was okay I'd do some updates if I was in charge of it. It does work well though.

Wendy Phillips

realtor.com is my favorite online company I have used them for years. They were very informative and have all price ranges of housing.

RK Heating and Air, LLC Chicago, IL

Always on top of their game, get notifications when new homes come on the market, and when they sell they don’t stay on their site long at all.

Sandy Deonarine Port Saint Lucie, FL

They have for the most part accurate information . Their system is always updated . Very informative and easy to navigate site . I love using realtor . It’s the only one I use

Gina Donofrio

Realtor.com is most beneficial than any other Realtor site. If you're in the market to purchase, I highly recommend Realtors.com. The leg work is done for you. You just have to click.

Ac Irvine, CA

I purchased my property back in 2017, I reached out to all major online sellers to take the interior pictures of my property down for security purposes. I received a call from a friend stating she knew the layout of my property and gave me details of the house. This was odd because she has never been to my house. She told me that she saw most of the pictures through Realtor.com. I reached out with proof that I was the homeowner and they did not want to take the pictures down. It was an extremely frustrating moment.

J. D. Maney Pensacola, FL

I like and use Realtor.com when I want to research cities that I might like to move to. They provide accurate and detailed information about and (usually) multiple photos of homes that fit my needs and price range. I feel I can rely on Realtor.com to provide me with relevant information I can use in lieu of actually visiting a city or property myself!

Antoinette Harbin Baltimore, MD

I got connected with a live agent and got all the help I needed! Great experience!

Allyx Hilterbran Blanchard, OK

I really like this realtor app more than any others. It’s up to date and accurate.

Bea ThaTruth San Antonio, TX

The website is easy to navigate. Very helpful when I decided to buy my first house. We are happy we chose this route.

Ladie Lavender Eastsound, WA

Prefer it to other real estate websites because they usually update if listings are sold or pending

Jesse and MaryAnn Hewett FL

Not very good 8 wasn't pleased with service or neverending poor quality calls and I will have to be honest with you the representatives I dealt with weren't professional at all

Annette Nelson Salt Lake City, UT

Realtor.com has a buyer cash-back program. I liked the incentive, so I contacted them about finding an agent. I talked with realtor.com about the program and they confirmed I was eligible. At this point, I'm learning, I should have received an application, which I did not, nor was I told I needed to fill one out. I have now closed on my property and have been denied the cash-back because I did not fill out the application. It is unethical for them to offer something (over $1000) and later tell you that you can't have it because of something they didn't give you to sign. I'm very frustrated with them.

Kurt_H Orlando, FL

I researched a property on Realtor.com only to find that the information was not exactly correct. Who did have the correct info was Zillow. Although I did not pursue this sale, it left me questioning the accuracy of these listing on the various Real Estate websites.

fabian Fletcher Dallas, TX

My experience with realtor.com has been amazing the pleasure has been all mine working with such precise people on time reliable and determine to get their customers what they seek when searching for your home I would recommend realtor.com to all my friends thank you for helping me find the dream home of my own!!!

Brittany Gould Augusta, ME

I have used this company among others while searching for a new place or to inquire about what is available in my area. I think the site is very easy to navigate, as well as accurate information provided. I have definitely recommended this website to others as well.

Rebekah Cothren Fleetwood, NC

I’m very impressed with this website. It’s very easy to navigate and extremely thorough. I wasn’t interested in listing my house until I found what I wanted on this site. Now I’m excited about finding the perfect property! Thanks!

Anoushka Ahuja Orlando, FL

This is my go to sites when I am looking for houses I get up-to-date listings as I have saved my search they have a lot of information with regards to the history of the property the only thing is that it lags by a few hours so in a hot property market you still want to check your listings on MLS

Toni Montuori

Realtor.com is the best search engine for potential home seekers. They often list three “things” ppl should know but don’t always think to ask. 1. Area Noise 2. Floor Zone 3. Local Crime. It’s my go to first site and I found my last home there.

ellie

I agree with all that's said. I did convert one lead ( a big one) and it resulted in a Sale of their existing home and purchase of another. 2 sales! So it paid for itself. I think Realtor.com should let the public know they are going to be contacted by a Realtor if they inquire on a home. Not necessarily the LISTING agent. Doesn't matter though as any Realtor can show that listing. This is why REALTOR sells this info. I'm a willing customer!

Daisy's Mom West Bend, WI

When I am searching for property, this is the best overall search tool. I have used other national sites as well as local realtor's sites, and keep going back to realtor.com. I LOVE the sorting features as well as map search.

Catherine Yee Newport Beach, CA

Our home was showcased on Realtor.com with an amazing, inviting video of the home and panoramic views of the home. The home sold in record time. We love the quality of our home presentation on Realtor.com It is a powerful display of homes and properties that could potentially be that dream home that you are looking for!

Mudd E Jewelry Arlington, TX

Easy to use and has all the information you need to know when it comes to buying real estate.

Leah Garcia Yuma, AZ

We have found Realtor.com to be the best site to use when looking for real estate. It tends to be kept updated so that you know what is off of the market. The price changes are accurate and the site runs well and is easy to navigate. The pictures and info are very well put together. It also provides the ability to create files for what you would like to keep track of and this has helped us immensely. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Shoppingmom7 Cincinnati, OH

Realtor.com was such a great resource to have during the process of our new home search. The listings we received seemed to fit our search criteria as we were able to customize our searches to exactly what we were looking for which in todays market u had to be "johnny on the spot" & if u see a home listing u even THINK you may look at you have to jump right in it....Between this app & Zillow we were able to view the houses we wanted & ended up finding an amazing home!

Barbara Luke Chicago, IL

I like Realtor.com over other online house search engines for it's complete information and the way it's formatted. Dislikes are that it's an extra step to click a link to get the property details. Also, when one is looking for rentals, it is up to the listing agent to provide critical details as to availability and additional fees. None of the online providers are very good at making this information mandatory in their listings.

Jlbflatx New Braunfels, TX

Being a top realtor for many years I have always used realtor.com. No longer a realtor but the information always given was very helpful in buying and selling. Gives you schools, taxes, and all listings in areas you desire to live in. Easy to navigate the site and clear beautiful pictures inside and out of homes. Easy to find realtors that deal in that location.

TTeep Smithfield, UT

I use realtor.com all the time to search for real estate. I like their service, with one exception, I wish there was a way to filter by price per acre when searching for land. However, since I can't find anyone who really does have all the search criteria that I want, I can't really complain. I like that they send me an email with updates from all my different saved searches, it keeps me in the know as a buyer.

Mark Troxel Provo, UT

The good: The listings appear to be up to date. Notes are on the listing when the properties have offers that have been accepted. Sometimes you will find listings where they are seeking additional offers in case the deals fall through. Not something we would do, but is a nice feature. There are many filters to help narrow down your search. The bad: It is easy to search listings by city or county but not by larger geographical areas. I have found myself setting my filters and then searching by specific counties, one at a time. It would be nice to be able to search statewide for those who are more flexible on where they can live. I realize that is probably not the norm, but it seems it would be and easy fix.

Chan Mississauga, ON

Realtor is a great company to use to sell your properties great people that care to help

Sean Zernickow Monument, CO

LIke the site, but sometimes hard to navigate. Like being able to review homes for sale and market trends in my area.

HeavenlyKira Oklahoma City, OK

Out of all the Home apps I used, Realtor.com was my favorite. It was the easiest to use and navigate for me and had more houses than others on it.

Matt Harvey Chicago, IL

When I was looking out of state for a new apartment. This site provided information that allowed me to search on my own. I was not a paying customer so the features of the site I couldn't give a review on.

Janine Jannicelli Wake Forest, NC

Been using this site for 10 years and love their features ! Customer service was always helpful, website was always fast and accurate.

Vanessa Rohrs Springfield, MO

It’s really just okay. There isn’t anything horribly bad or good about it. I don’t use it because I typically use Zillow or Trulia because I find they have easier access to the information I’m seeking and it’s already at my fingertips in the form of an aesthetically pleasing app.

Joe Campos San Antonio, TX

Love the accuracy of the listings and it's always updated. I found a home through the app that did not show up on other realtor sites, it was my favorite place I ever lived.

Melinda Thompson Wentzville, MO

I have not been as pleased with Realtor.com as I have been with other real estate apps. They often fail to keep their information up to date. Their descriptions often contain too little information and when I listed a home to sell, they really messed up the pictures. I rarely use them anymore. I truly hope they will improve in the future.

Ashley Stoker Denver, CO

I love using Realtor.com. When I worked in real estate, it was one of the sites we recommended as a search tool due to its accuracy. I really like that inquiries get a faster response using it versus other sites, also.

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

I've used Relator.com a few times when searching for out of state properties. This site is a convenient way to find out more about a property before having to contact a realtor. The site is easy to use.