Apartments.com Logo

Apartments.com

6.4

LAST UPDATED: November 15th, 2022
For those customers looking for a new apartment, apartments.com is one of the nation’s leading resources to help them find what they are searching for. They provide comprehensive lists of all the information a renter would need to know about the property they are interested in. This information is presented in a variety of ways to help the customer have a good experience as they look for their new home. Apartments.com is also a great place for professionals to list their properties and find new tenants. Either side of the real estate market (buying or selling) will be taken care of on Apartments.com

Zillow Logo
#1 Zillow chevron_right
Re/Max Logo
#2 Re/Max chevron_right
Realtor.com Logo
#3 Realtor.com chevron_right

The Good

• Information
  • Reviews
Many real estate search companies provide their customers with a lot of information to help them make an informed decision about where they want to live next. Since there is so much out there for customers to read and digest, some of it can get a little lost and the customer might get overwhelmed. But Apartments.com presents their listing information in an interesting, unique way that allows customers to really get a grasp of the property for rent. The first thing they do for their customers that is different than their competitors is a 3D tour of the apartments. This makes the customer feel like they are really there and they can better get an idea of the layout and size of the apartment. Some listings also come with a video tour of the whole space, which has a similar effect for the customer. This is accompanied by a gallery of high-quality photos of the interior and exterior. All of these combined really show the customer where they might possibly be living. Next there are reviews of the property written by tenants (or previous tenants), which help the customer get an accurate, realistic view of the lifestyle they would have there. These reviews are not sponsored, so the tenant can be open and honest about their experiences. These reviews are probably the most valuable part of the listing as they tell the customer what the property is really like. These reviews are also verified to make sure that only people who have actually lived in the apartment are writing them. Another really helpful feature offered by Apartments.com is their amenities map. This interactive service allows the customer to choose which kinds of amenities they would like flagged on the map of the area. Only these types of businesses show up on the map, so the customer can learn what is near their new home. The categories of these amenities are:
  • Schools
  • Grocery
  • Bank
  • Restaurants
  • Coffee
  • Banks
  • Shops
  • Fitness
This map is very unique to Apartments.com and really will help customers understand the area they are living in. All of these different features offered make Apartments.com stand out as far as the information they provide for their customers.

The Bad

• Property types
  • Nearby rentals
Apartments.com offers their customers a very extensive list of apartments that are available for rent. It is easy for the customer to filter down their search to specific areas or different property needs so that they can quickly find what they need. Once they've found something they might be interested in there is a lot of other information available to them to learn all they can about the property. But all of these great services and features are only available to those customers who are looking to rent an apartment. This severely limits the types of customers that can take advantage of what apartments.com has to offer. There are no listings for homes, condos or any other type of property that are for rent. There also are no listings for any type of property that is for sale, even apartments. So the customer must be looking specifically for an apartment to rent in order to find what they need on apartments.com While there is a lot of great information about the neighborhoods of the listings on apartments.com, there is no information about the other apartments in the area. That type of information can be really important to a customer as they try to figure out if that particular place is a good deal for their money or not. It would be helpful for customers to have a way to compare the prices of similar units in the same neighborhood, that way they could see where the listing they are interested in stacks up with the others. Some other information like how long the apartment has been available (sometimes even if it is available for sure) would also make the decision an easier one. Apartments.com does give their customers a lot of great information about the properties in their listings, but sometimes are missing some other factors that would help the customer make a choice.

The Bottom Line

Apartments.com stands out among its competitors for the information they give their customers as they try to find the perfect fit for their new home. They provide extensive lists of the amenities offered by the specific complexes, as well as the amenities that are in the nearby neighborhoods. All of this information is published in interactive, easy-to-understand and digest formats for the ease of the customer. All of this and the other features they provide are great for customers looking for an apartment to rent. But it is all lost on those other potential customers who want to rent a different type of home or who would like to buy their next home since the only listings available are for apartments to rent.

4.1

Diogenes DeFawkes

One of the sites I immediately turn to when moving to a new area. I've found several rentals I've lived in here. One of the best features in my opinion is the large selection of area specific rentals not listed on sites like Craigslist and Zillow. Also I've noticed many of the listings on those sites are also on Apartments.com. Think of it as one stop shopping for your future residence. Great site.

Tarell Dorsey

I searched many listing before Apartments.com but couldn't find any other site more easier for me to understand. Thanks to Apartments.com my family and I have a new awesome place.

Mary Ellen Lee Gilbert, AZ

I listed my rental on Apartments.com and they did a great job. I love all the places that is syndicates to so I didn't have to write multiple listings. I highly recommend if you are renting out your property that you build a profile through them for the traffic alone!

SandyD Houston, TX

I used the app and the listings were up to date and the prices were current. The only negative was how fast the apts were filled and unavailable in the area I most preferred. Eventually obtained a great place.

April Simpson Charlotte, NC

I found my 2 bedroom townhome using Apartments.com specifically bc of reputation and the details they give are not just about the apartment but the amenities and neighborhood

Mariana Tornero Alegria Hercules, CA

Great listings and the search and filter options is easy to navigate. It's a bit challeging when it comes to reaching out about posts, but provide good research before making a decision about moving.

Mercita Hall Conyers, GA

I used this app when I moved from Michigan to Atlanta. They was very nice and call couple days later to make sure that the apartment was ok and if I needed any additional assistance.

Brittany Gould Augusta, ME

I have used this app as well as the website many times over the years. It is extremely user friendly and very helpful for searching for new homes in my desired location. It is usually the first website I use or have recommended to people when looking for a new place to live.

Sathvik Aithala Portland, OR

Used apartments.com when looking for an apartment in Houston. Was very easy to navigate and use, and offered a lot of listings in one place, making the search easy.

Tia Robinson Minneapolis, MN

I used apartments.com when I moved out of the state a while back, and it was such a breeze. I just remember it being a pleasant and much needed experience.

Uju Kamanu Seattle, WA

I had a good experience searching for an apartment for my sibling on this site. I was able to narrow down my preferences through the filtering option and ended up getting an apartment from this site!

scotty Saint Paul, MN

I really like using the apartments.com and it's very easy to use has tongue options, As far as what you're looking for you can narrow it down to exactly your price range location all kind of things Okay. I haven't used it for myself for a while but I've helped plenty of friends find a nice spot

BRANDON BROWN Houston, TX

I feel like apartment.com show change the format of their site the first page looks like zillion.com which is not a bad thing but the next page is not inviting I don't want to have to scroll down to see the picture are too big of the outside I would prefer if the information about the house or apartment would be the first thing you see then scroll down to the pictures and everything else. Just my opinion though

MM Largo, FL

I like apartments.com because they don't charge to search for apartments and they allow you to send a message to the apartment manager making it easy to inquire about availability, etc. Also, the search can be filters by specific features and amenities and price, making it so you don't have to weed through a bunch of listings that don't match your needs.

Rachelle Detroit, MI

I have used this site to search for apartments at various times across the United States. This site streamlines searches and makes it so much easier. It has been in service for years. I remember finding my apartment on Lake Merritt in Oakland, California on this site. It was beautiful, reasonable, and I got the link to an easy online app to apply at a time when they were virtually nonexistent.

EB

Apartments.com helped me to find an apartment faster than my (“side hustle” realtor) relatives could. I found what I needed at a reasonable price, and moved in without the hassle of someone trying to coerce me into taking a higher priced dwelling so they could make some commission. The website was easy to navigate, and the search feature had user friendly filters. Just what I needed (and nothing I didn’t).

Carl Price

Helped out a lot when I was moving, gave me direction and understanding. Wide variety of choices.

Gina Donofrio

Apartments.com is you one stop shop. The Real Estate gives you everything from soup to nuts.

Anne Sainsbury Orem, UT

As my husband and I have been looking for new housing during the past few months Apartments.com came in very handy. We have been trying to decide if we have wanted to keep renting or if we were ready to purchase. Apartments.com was very helpful in finding good quality rentals that are available in the area that we have been looking to live. One of the unique features that I liked about this site was that each listing on the main site showed whether or not it was pet friendly and if it has a washer/dryer before having to select the listing. Details like this may seem small, but they are definitely game changers in our search!

Fanisha Houston, TX

Easy to use. Detailed information for each listing. Was able to take care of everything in one step.

Rebecca Robinson Murfreesboro, TN

Apartments.com is my 2nd options for myself, friends or family. They have up to date listings and the site is very user friendly.

Matthew Locke Tucson, AZ

I have used apartments.com several times before to rent an apartment and they are very accurate on their apartment listings and I will continue to use them in the future.

Emily Swierczynski Waterford, MI

Used apartments to find my first place after college. Moving out of state it was really helpful that they have all the contacts available along with pictures. Did a virtually tour and found a great place!

Jaelyn Morris Tallahassee, FL

I found my current apartment through Apartments.com. They show great a variety of apartments for all types of price ranges. Apartments.com is a great company to find your apartment through.

Tom Donovan Atlanta, GA

This is a great site to find an apartment. It has the most up to date availability and there are homes/condos for rent too. The description here on Best Company is incorrect in that it states that Apartmens.com doesn't have homes for rent.

Shalon Johnson MS

Amazing website. I always use apartments whenever I am searching for apartments. It’s super easy to use and the information is typically accurate. Super user friendly. I highly recommend when looking for an apartment. I love the ability to draw the area I would like to live in. Super convenient

Audrey Macfarlane Dallas, TX

I actually got my new apartment because of this site. Everything is always up to date and the site is easy to navigate. I really liked their customer service and how easy it was to find what I was looking for through their associates. Really impressed.

Pedro Vasquez Holdings LLC Bloomfield, CT

Great website, user friendly and able to find my rental with ease.

Wendy Shaw Queens, NY

Don't let the name fool you! With options varying from apartments to condos to townhouses and so on. Loved the virtual tours, easy on-line tools and consistent updates on availability/new listings. Provided a customized search from thousands of listings. Provided all amenties and features. Navigated me to choices that fit my budget and other non negotiable. I must have tool for anyone on the search for thier future dream home of any size or price!!!

Debora Paez Columbia, MO

While apartment hunting for my first place, it was incredibly difficult to find a place with everything I needed; just the right price, quiet neighborhood, and a location close to my priorities. Apartments.com made apartment hunting much easier with their countless filters, detailed maps, and easy to navigate website. The best feature about Apartments.com has to be their very specific filters that cater to your every need, my personal favorite being the move-in date one. This website is a great tool for those apartment hunting with little time to spare!

Nyla C. Tallahassee, FL

Apartments.com is a platform that shows you real reviews of apartments; I prefer searching for apartments on this website because when you go to the actual site of the apartment you're looking for, they censor the negative reviews. Apartments.com has helped me locate the student housing apartment I currently have been living in for two years now. I highly suggest utilizing this platform.

Latonya Henry TX

When I use to rent apartments this was a good guide to follow. It provides all info needed to see several different apartments.

Jaci Rhoades Bryant, AR

I love that it is so easy to find an apartment specifically for your individual needs. All you have to do is plug in the information and the apartments come directly to you.

Emerald Scott West Jordan, UT

The site was really easy to use and had good, up-to-date information. It helped me find the best deal on an apartment when I was in college. There were a lot of customization options in the search bar, which was really nice.

Cynthia Hunt Azle, TX

I've used apartments. Com several times & they have always been a blessing n helping me out on my search for multiple apartment home👍, the young lady was very professional and she had great customer service

Dougie D Harold, KY

This sight helps connect renters and landlords! From the simple room rentals for next to nothing cost, to low income super complexes, to fancy apartments and condos you are covered by them!

Michael Surber Little Rock, AR

Found my apartment in Thayer a few years back off of here and loved it! This is a great website to go look at apartments in your area usually it's all great apartments. If I move I will definitely be using them again!

Shopman Herriman, UT

I love Apartments.com. Their website is great. I love that I can limit my search by cat friendly. It is also nice to be able to learn more about the community I am looking at right there on the website.

Jenni Zollinger Aiken, SC

Found a great apartment for my son for school. Website is easy to navigate with better maps, photos and information than most of the other sites. My son is in his second apartment that we found on apartments.com.

a j Roswell, GA

Great site to find multiple properties in a selected area

keiontai henry Tallahassee, FL

I love using apartments.com when it comes to my search for student housing, I am able to narrow down my searches to 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms, any amount of bathrooms, or type of housing. It makes for searching for a new place to live much less of a hassle!

Destini Ferguson Tallahassee, FL

This website features REAL apartments. The site is also user friendly. You are able to filter by bedroom number, amenities, and price. So, you'll find exactly what you're looking for in no time! Apartments.com helped me find the complex I live in now.

Sideria Houston, TX

Best company ever! Apartments.com always helped me find what I was looking for at the right price

Abigail Land Tallahassee, FL

Easy to find exactly what you are looking for in an apartment with easy-to-use filters. It also has reviews of places, links to their sites, and contact information for them.

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

Every apartment I've every rented started and was found on a search through this website. The location finder and reviews are super helpful in deciding where to rent.

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

Apartments.com made it easy to search for apartments and rentals. I found some really great options on this sight that I wouldn’t have found had I looked elsewhere!

Alex Gohlke Franklin, MI

Excellent app and site to use for apartment hunting. easy to use filters and map or list options in my area. helped find the right apartment at the right price!

CypressH Ellicott City, MD

I found the website easy to use, and particularly liked the fact that it gave a walkability score, and gave the relative distance to nearby public schools.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

Apartments.com is a great way to look for apartments. There is a great selection of apartments and they provide a good amount of pictures. They also provide demographics, which is important when looking for a place to live.

amari sims Tallahassee, FL

When searching for an apartment for college, Apartments.com was extremely helpful by providing me with the rent rates and amenities for each potential apartment that I was looking at signing to.