Apartments.com Logo

Apartments.com

6.4

LAST UPDATED: November 15th, 2022
For those customers looking for a new apartment, apartments.com is one of the nation’s leading resources to help them find what they are searching for. They provide comprehensive lists of all the information a renter would need to know about the property they are interested in. This information is presented in a variety of ways to help the customer have a good experience as they look for their new home. Apartments.com is also a great place for professionals to list their properties and find new tenants. Either side of the real estate market (buying or selling) will be taken care of on Apartments.com

Zillow Logo
#1 Zillow chevron_right
Re/Max Logo
#2 Re/Max chevron_right
Realtor.com Logo
#3 Realtor.com chevron_right

The Good

• Information
  • Reviews
Many real estate search companies provide their customers with a lot of information to help them make an informed decision about where they want to live next. Since there is so much out there for customers to read and digest, some of it can get a little lost and the customer might get overwhelmed. But Apartments.com presents their listing information in an interesting, unique way that allows customers to really get a grasp of the property for rent. The first thing they do for their customers that is different than their competitors is a 3D tour of the apartments. This makes the customer feel like they are really there and they can better get an idea of the layout and size of the apartment. Some listings also come with a video tour of the whole space, which has a similar effect for the customer. This is accompanied by a gallery of high-quality photos of the interior and exterior. All of these combined really show the customer where they might possibly be living. Next there are reviews of the property written by tenants (or previous tenants), which help the customer get an accurate, realistic view of the lifestyle they would have there. These reviews are not sponsored, so the tenant can be open and honest about their experiences. These reviews are probably the most valuable part of the listing as they tell the customer what the property is really like. These reviews are also verified to make sure that only people who have actually lived in the apartment are writing them. Another really helpful feature offered by Apartments.com is their amenities map. This interactive service allows the customer to choose which kinds of amenities they would like flagged on the map of the area. Only these types of businesses show up on the map, so the customer can learn what is near their new home. The categories of these amenities are:
  • Schools
  • Grocery
  • Bank
  • Restaurants
  • Coffee
  • Banks
  • Shops
  • Fitness
This map is very unique to Apartments.com and really will help customers understand the area they are living in. All of these different features offered make Apartments.com stand out as far as the information they provide for their customers.

The Bad

• Property types
  • Nearby rentals
Apartments.com offers their customers a very extensive list of apartments that are available for rent. It is easy for the customer to filter down their search to specific areas or different property needs so that they can quickly find what they need. Once they've found something they might be interested in there is a lot of other information available to them to learn all they can about the property. But all of these great services and features are only available to those customers who are looking to rent an apartment. This severely limits the types of customers that can take advantage of what apartments.com has to offer. There are no listings for homes, condos or any other type of property that are for rent. There also are no listings for any type of property that is for sale, even apartments. So the customer must be looking specifically for an apartment to rent in order to find what they need on apartments.com While there is a lot of great information about the neighborhoods of the listings on apartments.com, there is no information about the other apartments in the area. That type of information can be really important to a customer as they try to figure out if that particular place is a good deal for their money or not. It would be helpful for customers to have a way to compare the prices of similar units in the same neighborhood, that way they could see where the listing they are interested in stacks up with the others. Some other information like how long the apartment has been available (sometimes even if it is available for sure) would also make the decision an easier one. Apartments.com does give their customers a lot of great information about the properties in their listings, but sometimes are missing some other factors that would help the customer make a choice.

The Bottom Line

Apartments.com stands out among its competitors for the information they give their customers as they try to find the perfect fit for their new home. They provide extensive lists of the amenities offered by the specific complexes, as well as the amenities that are in the nearby neighborhoods. All of this information is published in interactive, easy-to-understand and digest formats for the ease of the customer. All of this and the other features they provide are great for customers looking for an apartment to rent. But it is all lost on those other potential customers who want to rent a different type of home or who would like to buy their next home since the only listings available are for apartments to rent.

4.1

Who Knows

Apartments.Com is my number 1 site to use when i was looking for my new apartment. They always present you with every housing option in your designated area. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone looking to move.

S B Taylor Seattle, WA

Nice map/navigation system but clearly sponsored properties show up out of set categories- so it can be confusing both for location and price when you see an out of search query property

Fred Watkins Los Angeles, CA

I worked with apartments.com as a commercial customer years ago when they first started. Although I have been end user to look for a rental subsequently, I do know that as a total experience of apartment information they are both innovative and present accurate information.

Debbie Greer Evansdale, IA

I use this when I was looking for a place to live when I required about a house to see they got back to me promptly didn't find nothing that I wanted but they were a good service and got back to the customers

Bambi Miller Aberdeen, MD

Easy to use. This site only shows nicer luxury apartments in my area. Does not have many listings for smaller property management companies that have rentals. Helpful site though. Especially if looking for an apartment with certain amenities.

marissa wheeler Burlington, VT

I had great luck using this site/app to look for available rentals. The filters u can use to redefine your search were really helpful. The layout and navigation was easily understandable and fool proof. I also felt like thr searched yeilded great variety of results

Imperio Anderson Yuma, AZ

It's okay and pretty helpful in finding a home. I scroll through it a lot and has good information on houses! Only complaint is sometimes info is out of date ! (:

Deanna Hoffmeyer Farmington, MI

I have used apts.com to find at least six of my apartments I’ve chosen to live in. They have direct connection with the Apartments and are able to get me in touch very quickly!

Brandy Allman Salisbury, NC

I used this website a few mths back to try to see about living in an apartment and what they looked like inside. I've never lived in an apartment before and the app the had for this site was easy to use for a first timer. I'd recommend it to people looking for an apartment to live in. They even have 3D settings you can use.

Miguel Suarez Los Angeles, CA

It’s better when you can actually speak to someone right away. The videos and pictures helps a lot to make a decision and make the move smoother . The contacts that each Apt or house are very efficient, but you need some patient to wait for the response back

Phalda Morris Jacksonville, FL

Apartments.com was a useful tool in helping me find what I did and did not want in an apartment. It showed me a variety of apartments with different features, all within my desired price range and location. Apartments.com is a great tool for finding an apartment.

Brian Meekhof Stanwood, WA

Good place to look up houses and apartments for sale and rent

tandy tucker Brooklyn, NY

I like apartment.com it was easy to use and look up apartments.

Amber Johnson New York, NY

This app is really convenient. The houses and apartments aren’t too expensive on here.

abw fsu Tallahassee, FL

What I like best about Apartments.com was that I did not feel limited in my apartment selection. When I was searching for my first apartment in Chicago, I felt so overwhelmed by the process of going to different locations or searching out landlords. Apartments.com made it so easy to narrow my search! I like that it has a vast selection of apartments. I can search in any region or any neighborhood in the country and get numerous options for apartments. You can filter down to what you are specifically looking for and it is accurate. The interface is easy to use and navigate and I have never had a problem finding what I am looking for.

Shelley Berardi Lancaster, PA

Been using Apartments. Com for quite awhile now. Can set up instant alerts so you know there is a new Apartment that matches your criteria you currently put in the search engine.

Paige Stockard Wichita, KS

This is the website that helped my roommates and I find the place we live in now! It is a great website that is super easy to use. You can narrow down your options to find places within your price range and area that have all of your needs and wants.

Jennifer Dean Chicago, IL

I like using Apartments.com cuz it's user friendly but can somewhat annoying at times. For example, when trying to enter your search perimeters the page will revert back to the top of the page while I'm trying to enter something or look at something down below

Michelle McCoy Baltimore, MD

When I was ready to move these guys helped me find a place in the area that I wanted to move in. They found me several places for me to choose from. They always stayed within my price range. Great company to use if you're looking for housing.

Juanita Morrison Columbus, OH

Prior to purchasing my home, I used the website to locate my apartment. I secured a nice living space in just enough time to sign the lease during a rent special. The site was updated and the 3D feature really helps you get a good visual of the apartment floor plan.

Dan Woodland Park, CO

We could find apartments most of the time. Their site had the information we needed and was pretty accurate.

Rhonda Draper Louisville, KY

Very helpful in finding a good place to stay I would suggest to anyone looking for a nice place 😀

Jennifer Tallahassee, FL

I have been looking for an apartment for both my son and also my sister. The site is easy to use and provides many options. I like that you can narrow down the choices.

Vy Ha Birmingham, AL

As a college student, finding a place to stay is a priority that I cannot miss. Apartments.com had not only led me to find great places with great rates but also some good roommmates

Austin Tempe, AZ

Looking for a rental place has never been easier. We used apartments.com to find our apartment when we moved from AZ to CO and it was simple and easy to filter and sort through the countless complexes in the Phoenix Area.

Grace M. Columbia, MO

Apartments.com is a great site for keeping up with new listings in my area! I love that they send notifications, so I am always up to date on the best new rentals. This has made looking for a pet friendly college apartment a breeze!

Andriana Cesaire Tallahassee, FL

Using Apartments.com is very easy and it led me to finding the perfect apartment for my sophomore and junior years of college. The website is easy to navigate and allows you to input specific requirements for the places you are looking to live.

Brooklyn Jensen Provo, UT

There are a lot of filters that you can choose from in order to find the type of housing that you want. This is a free service, so I used it a lot to help look for student housing in Provo. It has the option of searching for apartments with private rooms as well as by rent prices, which I found to be super helpful.

Jade Knowles Tallahassee, FL

Apartments.com helped my sister and I find a great apartment in a our new town for college. We were really worried about having to spend too much money on campus, but apartments.com gave us great selections and even let us add in our own preferences. I am in love with our new apartment and this website was a great help.

Gisele Sasser New Smyrna Beach, FL

I check with apartments.com when I move, mostly to see price range for what I need in my new area.

Mel Pate-Patterson AR

I love the fact that they still have a tangible paper edition of the publication as well as the electronic version.

Gaju Shrestha Herriman, UT

I have used apartments.com for searching rental properties in the past. The listing was great and was very easy to contact the listing agencies/ owner.

Mountainlife4sure Lafayette, CO

Needs to be updated more frequently. It's a good platform to find deals and specials.

Queen Shavy Miami Beach, FL

They have a graduation selection of available Apartments. The website is simple to navigate great for new buyers

Judi Mauldin, SC

I found the apartment that I rented before I bought my current house on this website. It was very helpful.

William Rodgers Charlotte, NC

When I moved to Florida they found my apartment. It was so quik and easy. And I was in a new apartment before my plane ever landed

Lindsey Haight Logan, UT

It would be nice if apartments were required to give a little more information in their postings, but overall it's a great resource.

Rosita Khalehpari Winnetka, CA

I was happy with their services. It is convenient to ask them for help if you do not want to pay a realtor for renting your place.

Trisha Ross DeWitt, MI

It's a good place to find a place. Could be better with the phone style navigation. Has a wide variety of locations.

Rachel Sharp

I used this alot in college and when I was first married! Super helpful when the landlords kept things updated.

WT

The site is pretty simple to use, but it can be difficult to search specific areas if they are lesser known.

Lamar Cooper Charlotte, NC

Easy application and affordable place to live

Miguel Suarez Los Angeles, CA

Not enough information when looking for an specific appointment

Luke Hoover

Pretty good, very helpful virtual tours, love how it syncs with the building's associates.

terry mons Denham Springs, LA

I utilized this website and was thrilled because the website is very informative and packed full of facts and details!

Isabelle Teeples Smithfield, UT

I think that this website was a great website. It was really easy to use and had a lot of options everywhere I went.

Kynesha Bohannon

Most of the places was not updated on the website but they had nice selections

La Shone Bryant San Antonio, TX

Yes, informative. Helps to decide my new apartment location.

Jaid Clark Yuba City, CA

They make the search super easy, love the options in the search too.

Lgonzales88 Columbus, OH

Definitely stays updated and I enjoy using this website.