Homes.com Logo Homes.com ›

8.6

Overall
Score

Berkshire Hathaway Logo Berkshire Hathaway ›

5.8

Overall
Score

Apartments.com Logo Apartments.com ›

5.7

Overall
Score

starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border
Weichert Logo Weichert ›

Insufficient
Reviews

The Good

• International
  • Offices
  • Real estate options
  • Filtering options
  • License
  • Commission/selling cost
  • Specialties
  • Experience
International

Weichert is found throughout the continental United States. Unlike some of their competitors, the company is not international. They specialize in American home real estate properties.

Offices

Weichert currently has over 480 company-owned and franchised sales offices in operation. The company is widely available for others to use and even offers listings in areas where they lack a physical presence (i.e. an office). Their "hotspot" seems to be New Jersey, since there are more offices there than can be found in most other States.

Real Estate Options

Weichert offers services to help customers buy and sell both residential and commercial real estate. The company markets homes through their comprehensive Open House program. These services primarily are their insurance and financial services. Weichert's insurance agency covers personal, commercial, life insurance, business insurance and Title Insurance. Weichert's financial services offers Basic and Special Loan Programs.

Offering realtor services, insurance coverage and financial services streamlines the home buying process as a "One Stop Shop" for customers. This way, customers do not have to shop around for these additional services and wait to see if they're approved. This makes the buying process shorter and easier to manage.

Filtering Options

Weichert offers 4 filtering options for those searching for homes for sale on their website. These filtering options are: Property Features, Listing Types, Amenities, and Property Types. Within these categories of filtering options are more advanced filters, such as price range, beds and days listed. You can also search for homes by State with Weichert's map search tool. Each State they have homes listed in is linked in chronological order. Once you click on the State you want, you get a second filter to narrow your search to the region within that State. Even further, it allows you to filter what city within that State or Region with a Buy or Rent filter.

License

Weichert does not require all of their employees to have a license. It depends on the job position or role. For example, if you're a local sales associate, a license is not required.

If you're a Real Estate agent, a real estate license is required. Other managerial positions in real estate and insurance sectors require both state and national broker's licensing. On a higher level, some are Realtors (a member of the National Association of REALTORS). As a buyer or customer, you deal primarily with the sales associates and later in the buying process the paperwork and finalization touches Agents' and Realtor's hands. Some realty agencies out there have both real estate agents, realtors AND real estate brokers to choose from when buying homes.

Commission/Selling Cost

The commission rate for Weichert's agents is only available to active customers. If you attempt to ask prior to a full sales consultation, you will not receive an answer.

Specialties

Weichert offers services for both residential and commercial real estate. The company's Listings Managers also work with property managers of rental properties, maintaining regular communication with landlords to receive up-to-date information so the status of the listings can be documented accurately in the rental listing database.

Experience

Weichert has been in business since 1969 and holds 47 years of experience. Over the years, the company has expanded physically into more and more states as well as branching into insurance and financial services. Although the company's services are not perfect for everyone, the length of time they've been in business shows a depth of experience and sustainability that people can trust.

The Bad

• States
  • Number of agents
States

Weichert is currently found in 43/51 States. Weichert doesn't show any real estate for several states: Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, and Wyoming. On top of this, there are multiple states where they have listings, but no real estate agents. Weichert also says that they do not offer real estate services for buying in New York or Connecticut. Overall, it seems like they are lacking full "one-stop shop" services in a number of areas around the country.

Number of Agents

Currently, Weichart has a total of 300 agents out of more than 18,000 associates across the U.S. There are less listing and less agents with Weichert than many other real estate sites. For example, there are only 2 listings in San Francisco for average- priced homes with only 2 Weichart offices.

The Bottom Line

With a history of more than 45 years, Weichert offers a full service "one stop shop" option for home buyers and sellers, making them a fine company to take a look at while browsing for a new home. While Weichert has residential listings in many areas of the U.S., they are fairly average if not a little below average in terms of agent or local availability. They're solid, but don't necessarily stand out as far as offered features, available number of listings, or quality of listings. Best used to browse for available homes in your area.

Lisa
April 22nd, 2019 Norwich, NY

April 2019 I WOULD HAVE GIVEN WEICHERT A ZERO IF I COULD Gretchen M from Weichert was my agent and Beverly F at Howard Hanna was the Seller's agent. I found a home in Liverpool I was interested in buying and set up a home inspection and an environmental inspection. They were both conducted on April 1st 2019. Gretchen asked me to go over the inspection report to address issues uncovered, so she could let the seller's agent know, what were my issues. Aside from the VISIBLE mold in the home, there were other items I asked to have repaired, replaced,, remediated by PROFESSIONALS and documentation provided to me, that they were in fact done. Upon receiving the lab results from the environmental firm on April 9th 2019 and I emailed Gretchen the results. Gretchen also emailed me, and she told me Beverly F told her the seller wasn't going to make repairs to a particular issue I addressed. On April 11th, 2019 I emailed Gretchen M that I was withdrawing my offer to purchase the home, based on health and safety issues and requested my $2,500.00 earnest money deposit be returned to me. Gretchen sent me a text on April 11, 2019, stating the check would be cut for me that day. As of today, April 19, 2019- I was told I via email from Deana at Bollinger Group, that my earnest money deposited in in the Empower FCU in Fayetteville, can not be returned to me, because she needs the release signed from the seller, who appears to be refusing to sign it or that she needed a letter from an attorney involved in the home sale to request my deposit be returned. I wasn't under contract.....It was the initial documents filed and there were contingencies in the agreement. Now, I have to sue the homeowner, Gretchen at Weichert, Beverly at Howard Hanna and name Deana at Bollinger, Empower FCU to get the return of my earnest money. I also have to file a complaint against all agents involved with the NYS Department of Licensing Division and with the BBB and speak with my bank representative, to see if bank fraud is involved. RUN....DON'T WALK AWAY FROM WEICHERT REALTY RUN.

Tim
March 28th, 2019 Phillipsburg, NJ

I reached out to them to look at a house in late 2017. They said they would call back (me thinking the same day, maybe in 10 min) with more info. I never got a call back until maybe 6+ months later. No joke. Fast forward to now: I recently bought a home, not through Weichert, and I've been living here for 4 months and I just got a call today asking if I was still interested in looking at a home in that "area from 2017." I don't know how they kept me on the follow-up list for over a year when I wasn't interested after the intial follow-up 6 months too late. Go find an honest realtor who actually wants to help you get the home you want and won't pressure you to buy one before you are ready to choose.

Clayton O'Neil
December 15th, 2017 Austin, TX

What a joke. There phone number tried to connect me to a hot singles hotline. Then, when I finally speak with someone they are incompetent about the area. No help whatsoever

marc andrews
October 24th, 2017 Wayne, PA DETAILS

My realtor was totally dishonest. All she cared about was her commission. She tried to pit me and my wife against each other to obtain that commission. When I complained to the office I got a letter from their attorney.

Lauren hagan
July 10th, 2017

Horrible management, lacks professionism and basic skills to deal with customers