Homes.com has a goal to make home search as easy as possible, bringing real estate listings to one location for you to search. They offer millions of homes, condos, and apartments for sale and rent, but they also provide financing resources and moving tips. Homes.com focuses on building products and services that drive quality consumers to our partners, which is in part why they are the only real estate portal that always sends leads back to the listing agencies, whether those agencies pay for marketing on Homes.com or not.

2.2
Berkshire Hathaway chevron_right
2.1
Apartments.com chevron_right
1.5
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• States
  • Agents
  • Offices
  • Real Estate Options
  • Filtering Options
  • License
  • Commission/Selling Cost
  • Specialties
  • Experience

States

With Homes.com, you can find homes in 52/52 states. This outshines some real estate listings that may only be available in 50-75% of states.

Agents

The most current, total number of agents Homes.com has is 1000+ across the nation. This makes it easy to find an agent in your area.

Offices

Offices with agents can be found in all 52 States. This is unusual in real estate. Typically agents are available in most States but not all. It also lets you find an agent without difficulty.

Real Estate Options

Homes.com offers services to help you buy or rent real estate. There have intuitive mortgage calculators which can help you determine what is the price of a house that will work for you. If you are interested in the schools in the area in which you are going to be living, Homes.com offers school details as an added feature to help you decide where the best location is for you. There are additional features offered on the site, they offer: home value charts, home value charts, home buying guides, rental pricing, an easy map search, and a wealth of area information to inspire your search for the perfect home.

Homes.com offers several different applications that will help you discover where is the best location and in what house. The applications are compatible with iPhones, iPads, and other devices that are iOs 4.3 or later. There are applications that are catered to people who are looking specifically for a rental place. You can easily find your next apartment by searching the app and receiving notifications.

Filtering Options

Homes.com has 15 filtering options to help narrow your home search. The filters include: City, State, County, Zip Code, MLS number, For Sale, For Rent, Home Values, Property types, Beds, Baths, Price range, Lot size, Year built and square feet. These options allow you to get really specific about what you're looking for.

License

All Home.com's agents require a license. Their real estate agents are experts within their specified areas and provide up to date information. They provide the information on local housing trends, home prices, mortgage rates and can even guide you to find the perfect neighborhood and schools to fill your needs. They can also assist you in finding mortgage lenders, home appraisers, title insurance and home loans.

Commission/Elling Costs

Commission rates for agents or realtors is held from the public and is only available to potential home buyers or renters. Also, commission rates may vary according to each local agent in their respective states, city or town.

Specialties

Homes.com offers services in the specialties below:

• Residential: Listings for homes, condos, Townhouses and Foreclosures
  • Free listings for other real estate-related professionals, including Property Managers, Plumbers, Interior Designers, Landscapers, Painters and Title Insurers.

Experience

Homes.com began as the primary website for Homes and Land Publishing in 1993 and incorporated in January 1999 as Homes.com, Inc. They've been in business for 23 years.

The Bad

International

Homes.com agents are not found internationally. They are limited to the United States. If you're looking for properties in other countries, you'll have to search other companies.

The Bottom Line

Homes.com is a recommended option to help you narrow down your search to help you discover the place that best suits your criteria. With an A- rating and so many local agents available in all 52 States, Home.com makes it easy to find homes to buy or rent.

2.2

Nick Albanese
August 21st, 2019 Smithtown, NY DETAILS

I have been a costumer for over 17 years. I used to love my website. Several years ago they were bought out as they mentioned to me so my whole website changed. I didn’t like it. I felt it was hard to maneuver around. Anyway, what happened recently was all of my listings had the all the wrong information on it. Town, style of house, bedroom count, everything was listed wrong on my website. 2 of my homeowners noticed it and were not happy. They called me right away and I called the company right away. Whoever answered the phone said they would have tech work on it. Several days later, nothing. I called again, they said they would put in another work order. Info was all changed but still all wrong. My sellers are furious. I called again, and I asked to speak with a manager. As I am writing this 3 weeks later, I am still waiting for them to call. This issue and their lack of response and not being able to fix their issue for 2 weeks, caused me to go and get a new website while saving over $40 per month. Who knows how long I had this problem with my site. My sellers are the ones who saw it.

Aug 23, 2019

Thank you for your review, Nick. We always strive to give our clients the utmost in service, and we regret this was not your experience with us. It looks like our team was able to assist you with your concerns, but please let us know if there's anything more we can do to help.

Beau
August 14th, 2019 St. Petersburg, FL DETAILS

From the beginning this company was problematic. I cancelled after finding out the leads they were sending me to the tune of $225 - they were sending to others. This is to say they were sending the exact same lead to others. Crazy. I cancelled, but they have been continuing to charge my account (after agreeing to cancel) this $225 for 3 more months. I just found this out.

Aug 15, 2019

Thank you for your review, Beau. We are sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory. Our team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns, but should you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to send us a message.

M. Hukill
August 14th, 2019 Weatherford, TX DETAILS

I gave them 1 star which is being generous. Very poor service , they do not follow through as they promise and it's impossible to cancel. They told me in an email I could cancel any time with just 30 days notice. Beware of this scam

Aug 21, 2019

Thank you for your review, Mr. Hukill, and my apologies for the tardy response. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. It looks like our Client Success team has reached out regarding your concerns, but should you need any additional assistance, please don't hesitate to send us a direct message. We are happy to help.

Susan J
August 2nd, 2019 Arlington, TN DETAILS

Hannah was an excellent sales person and very knowledgeable about Homes.com. She was patient and answered all my questions. I look forward to working with her in the future!

Aug 06, 2019

Thank you for your review, Susan! We love receiving feedback on how we're doing. Should you ever need any assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know -- we are here to help!

Crystal Alley, MBA
August 1st, 2019 Bristol, VA DETAILS

Chasity C was informative and well spoken at explaining what Homes.com had to offer.

Donna
August 1st, 2019 Fernandina Beach, FL

They were very knowledgeable and helped me right away.

Aug 06, 2019

Thank you for your review, Donna! Your feedback helps us continue to give you the best service we can. Should you ever need any assistance, please let us know. We are happy to help!

Elena Muttart
August 1st, 2019 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

They need a more comprehensive program to help Realtors and match them with the right leads .Leads needs screening before they get to us.

Aug 06, 2019

Thank you for your review, Elena. We have forwarded your feedback to our team, and someone should be reaching out to your shortly (if they haven't already!). Should you need further assistance, please let us know. We are happy to help!

Beverly Colosky
July 30th, 2019 Smithville, TX DETAILS

Customer service was great setting up a 3 month trial. I haven't seen results of the service yet. I actually have an account with Realtor.com as well. They are being compared to see which one I'll be keeping. Other agents in my office are doing the same thing to see if we are all getting the same leads or if they are different. Also getting leads from our broker for realtor and homes so we should know soon if this is a win for all.

Steve Houck
July 29th, 2019 Ridgeland, MS DETAILS

I'm always pleased with the customer service department. They answer my questions and/or take care of my problems in a prompt manner. I have no complaints, only praises for the customer service and the SEO Departments

Jul 01, 2019

Thank you for your review, Steve. We always enjoy receiving positive feedback, especially when our team members make such an impression! Thank you for being part of our family, we are happy to assist you anytime you need it.

C_the_gr8
July 29th, 2019 Springfield, VA DETAILS

They charge you a 3 month or 6 month increment and give you no leads. When you cancel, you are still bound by the contract to pay all months. So no matter what the sales person says, you will pay monthly for that term.

Jul 30, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory. We'd like to reach out and address your concerns, but we don't have enough information provided here to connect with you. Please send us a message at your earliest convenience, or reach out to us at 866.774.2947. We are happy to help!

Bette C
July 25th, 2019 Alpharetta, GA

I spoke with Ebony P at Homes.com and she wasthe utmost professional. She clearly explained the program to me so that I could make an informed decision regarding the product.

Jul 26, 2019

Thank you for your review, Bette! We're so happy to hear you had a pleasant interaction with our team. Your feedback helps us continue to serve you the best we can, so we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we're doing. Should you ever need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us - we are happy to help!

Richie Keeperman
July 25th, 2019 Boca Raton, FL DETAILS

THIS COMPANY IS 100% FRAUD. DONT BELIEVE A WORD THEY SAY DONT SIGN ANYTHING WITH THIS CO. THEY MIGHT HAVE A LICENSE TO STEAL BUT I DOUBT THEY HAVE THAT LICENSE

Jul 26, 2019

Thank you for your review, Richie. We're sorry to hear your experience was less than than satisfactory. We're unsure of what prompted your review, but would like to connect and offer our assistance. Please reach out to Mat Neff at 850-583-8162 or [email protected] at your earliest convenience, he is at the ready to address your concerns. In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything more we can do to help.

Gary Miller
July 23rd, 2019 Pueblo, CO DETAILS

While I have not always been impressed by Homes.com, my most recent experience as a broker/owner has exceeded all of my expectations and the cost has been very reasonable. I feel like Homes.com has become our partner, vested in our success. Their resources and support are extraordinary.

Jul 26, 2019

Thank you for your review, Gary! It's great to hear we've exceeded expectations and given you ease of mind. Your success is our top priority and your feedback helps us continue to serve you at our best. Should you ever need any assistance, please let us know - we are happy to help!

Margaret Anne Newsome
July 19th, 2019 Valdosta, GA DETAILS

Jamie is awesome! She is very helpful & considerate to my needs.

Alan Paul
July 12th, 2019 Pueblo, CO DETAILS

I am highly disappointed in Homes.com. I'm a new agent and with RE/MAX and Homes.com has lied to me and tricked me into a contract that I have never agreed with. It's frustrating that this company promises you a product, that hasn't been worth the money at all, then write a contract for a whole different product to steal more money from you. Two agents in my office will be canceling with Homes.com after I have informed them of my situation. I recommend that you don't even associate with them. I also spent time to call into their customer support and instead of helping a future customer, make everything right, they just create excuses to further steal more money. If you're in the real estate industry, Homes.com is not an ally that you want with your business. I'm so frustrated that I will be writing a letter to RE/MAX's CEO and my regional rep my experience with this company.

Jul 18, 2019

Thank you for your review, Paul. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. We've escalated your concerns to our Client Success team, but if there's anything more we can do to help alleviate this or any other concerns you may have, please let us know. We are here to help.

Collin beckford
July 10th, 2019 Lake Worth, FL

VERY PLEASANT EXPERIENCE SO FAR . JAMIE IS VERY CONSISTENT AND HELPFUL. SHE WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL .

Sue Anne Cobb
June 28th, 2019 Millington, TN DETAILS

I have been with Homes.com and it's affiliates for 18 years. They are always helpful, professional and have awesome customer service.

Jul 01, 2019

Thank you for your review, Sue. We love getting positive feedback, and are so happy to have you as a long-time member of our family!

John Capone
June 27th, 2019 Roswell, GA DETAILS

Total scam!!!! I challenge any person who wrote a positive review to show me how you got a lead from homes.com and turned it into a sale. I bet everyone who left a positive review was paid by homes.com. Not a single legit lead in my 5 months. Total rip off.

Jul 01, 2019

Thank you for your review, John. Upon reviewing your account, it looks like numerous inquiries were indeed generated and you were positioned in your ZIP codes to receive exposure based on your buy in. We regret this did not meet expectations, and apologize that your experience was less than satisfactory. It looks like you've already spoken with our Client Success team, but should you need further assistance please leave us a message. We are here to help.

Valeria
June 25th, 2019 Stone Mountain, GA DETAILS

The staff is very professional personable and knowledgeable.

Jul 01, 2019

Thank you for your review, Valeria. We're so happy to hear your experience with our team has been positive! Should you ever need any additional assistance, we are happy to help.

Marie DeMaria
June 19th, 2019 Geneva, IL DETAILS

My bad decision wasted my money. They gave me one lead and I cancelled the service. When I called to cancel I was told the last payment was in June. Not so according to a woman who works for them. One more month and then they are blocked from my accounts. Bait and switch and terrible service. I am not going to do anymore lead services again.

Jun 20, 2019

Thank you for your review, Maria. We're sorry to hear your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. Upon reviewing your account, it looks like our Client Success Team is actively working toward a beneficial outcome. Should you need further assistance or have any other concerns, please send us a message. We are here to help.

Carol
June 18th, 2019 Redmond, OR

Smooth! Very nice lady, helped me through the process.

Jun 19, 2019

Thank you for your review, Carol. We always appreciate positive feedback and are grateful to have you in the Homes.com family!

Adam Lewis
June 18th, 2019 Cleveland, OH DETAILS

I would give this company zero stars if I could. They are the worst lead service i have ever experienced. Its been 2 months since I've received even a phone number or any sort of lead. I've called and let them know about my dissatisfaction, they say i verbally committed to a contract and refuse to release me. Stay far away from this SCAM!

Jun 19, 2019

Thank you for your review, Adam. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. It appears that our Client Success team has provided additional resources to help with your concerns, but should you need additional assistance please reach out and let us know. We are here to help.

Shannon Wright
June 18th, 2019 Norfolk, VA

Tierra was great and helped me pick out the products that fit my needs. She was very friendly and upbeat. She answered my questions in a timely manner and was very quick to respond. Great Customer Service! Thanks Tierra for all of your help.

Karen
June 17th, 2019 Springfield Gardens, NY DETAILS

I advertise on Homes.com, I do get leads, So far they aren't really what I am looking to get, but my information is out there.

Jun 19, 2019

Thank you for your response, Karen. We always appreciate positive feedback! I have forwarded your concerns to our service team, but we can't seem to narrow down your specific account with the information provided. Please contact them at your earliest convenience at (866) 774.2947 or http://support.homes.com. They are at the ready to assist you, and should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to let us know.

karen o'brien
June 17th, 2019 Running Springs, CA DETAILS

have been with you for years and always have had a positive experience! Thank you for being here for me!!

Jun 19, 2019

Thank you for your review, Karen. We always appreciate positive feedback, and are grateful you've been part of our family for so long!

Phyllis Portie-Ascott
June 7th, 2019 Durham, NC DETAILS

Mashonda has been fabulous to work with in setting up our social media pages and maintaining them. She is available and responsive to all concerns and goes out of her way to ensure that we are completely satisfied.

Carrie S
June 7th, 2019 Middletown, CT DETAILS

We have been completely satisfied with the service and products of Homes.com. When dealing with the customer service end, they have been professional and great to work with. They are on top of what they do.

Wes
May 24th, 2019 Carolina Beach, NC DETAILS

Misleading contracts. No leads. And they charge you a penalty to leave when you're unhappy they aren't providing a quality product

May 28, 2019

Thank you for your review, Wes. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. Our Customer Success Supervisor, Kyle Beasley, will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. Should you desire to speak to him sooner, you can reach him at (850) 583-8151 or [email protected] Let us know if you have any additional concerns, we are here to help.

Ellie Garcia
May 22nd, 2019 Port Orange, FL

Great help, and fast service with call.

Lee Hamby
May 22nd, 2019 Summerville, GA DETAILS

Customer service rep handled my call in a professional and friendly manner. Impressed!

Steve
May 13th, 2019 Urbana, OH DETAILS

asked questions, got prompt professional answers....and more... most appreciated Steve RE/MAX Alliance Ohio

Angela
May 9th, 2019 Concord, NC DETAILS

I had purchased service on Homes.com, before. It was a terrible experience!! I kept telling them I was getting NO leads. Finally, an honest representative worked with me. Come to find out there was "an issue" with my account. I really wasn't getting leads!! Then in January, Ebony called me and told me how their system had been completely revamped. This time I would be very happy with them. She offered me a great zip at a reasonable price. I know!! You are shaking your head....yep, I signed up again....hope springs eternal. 4 months later, I still have NOTHING to show for trusting this company. Well I can show you they are drawing money from my account STILL..... DON'T DO IT! Learn from my mistake! I have been in the business A LONG time and still got suckered into this....Walk away, keep your money in your account. They keep going back to the "you have signed a contract", but they get away with "people are seeing your name" NOT BOY, WE should make sure you get your money's worth.... RUN...DON'T SIGN FOR THE SIX MONTHS. NO MATTER HOW GOOD IT SOUNDS...IT IS NOT!!!

May 13, 2019

Thank you for your review, Angela. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. Our client success team will be reaching out to you soon to further address your concerns, but should you need additional assistance, please send us a message. We are here to help.

Connie Longhurst
May 2nd, 2019 Shelley, ID DETAILS

VERY DISHONEST AND SAID THEY UPLOADED MY ADD AND SENT ME THE BILL. I HADN'T EVEN SENT A PICTURE OF ME NOR APPROVED AN AD GOING PUBLIC. THEY WERE QUICK TO CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD AND I HAD MY CC COMPANY FIGHT IT. THEY SENT OVER PICTURES OF A CHERYL HOLME AS MY AD TO PROVED MY AD HAD BEEN PUBLISHED. WHOEVER CHERYL WAS, SHOULD BE VERY UPSET AS SHE WAS USED FOR THE DISHONEST ACT. THEY SENT THE BILL TO COLLECTIONS AND WOULDN'T WORK WITH CHASE ON THE MATTER. I WOULD NEVER USE THEM AGAIN. THIS IS THE 3RD TIME I'VE SIGNED UP BECAUSE THEY PROMISED ME TO BE BETTER. THEY JUST KEEP GETTING WORSE AND I WAS SENT 3 LEADS THAT WERE OLD LEADS THAT NEVER LEAD TO ANYTHING. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!

May 03, 2019

Thank you for your review, Connie. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory. It looks like you've connected with our service team regarding your concerns already, but should need further assistance, please send us a message. We are here to help.

Linda L. Ervin
April 11th, 2019 Statesville, NC DETAILS

Homes.com designed and has serviced my web page for over 10 years. They do a fabulous job. Easy to work with and great Tec support. I get the info to Homes.com and they do the rest

Eddie Alvarez
April 8th, 2019

Very helpful and friendly staff thank you for your guidance and assistance

Donna Brongiel
April 3rd, 2019 DETAILS

They totally misrepresented themselves. I was worried about their performance given what I had heard from others. But silly me, the sales rep was good so I thought I would give it a shot and he said I know your apprehensive, so let's just do it for 3 months. Perfect I'd be willing to give it a go. I received ZERO return for my investment. After complaining I received a bogus lead! I complained right away because everyone else outperformed them and no one cared! If I can give them a ZERO I would!!!

Apr 04, 2019

Thank you for your review, Donna. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. Our service team will be reaching out to you within the next day to offer additional assistance. In the meantime, please send us a direct message with any other concerns you may have. We are here to help.

Elva Benjamin
April 3rd, 2019 Fairfield, PA DETAILS

Homes.com personnel take pride in their work. It shows from the minute the conversation starts to getting the product and services you need. They target exactly what is right for you and your business. Their knowledge and care are evident in their precision and quality. Thanks Homes.com!

John Roderick
March 27th, 2019 Morris Plains, NJ DETAILS

Little slow on the amount of leads, but the leads that do come in are good quality, customer care and sales team are super friendly. I refer this to all my fellow agents, not in my areas of course

Joey
March 14th, 2019 Byron, GA DETAILS

I've used them twice in the past and I've had decent results both times. I've used the gauntlet of referral sources. Bigger names didn't produce as well as Homes.com did. I've converted about 2 clients off of my $140 monthly investment. Not bad but good for what I spent.

Sarah Burnham
March 14th, 2019 Waterbury, CT DETAILS

I made a huge mistake of agreeing to a 6 month contract for leads. Within months, I saw that the leads were garbage. I called to find out how to cancel, and unfortunately, I knew I was stuck for the 6 months I agreed to. I sent my cancellation request, and received confirmation they got it 3 months BEFORE the end of the 6 month contract. I called 3 times between that time and the end of the contract to confirm I WOULD NOT BE CHARGED after the sixth month. Each time I was told I would not. I have now been charged TWO ADDITIONAL MONTHS BEYOND THE CONTRACT. "Customer Service" is worthless. I have now filed a complaint with the BBB.

Mar 15, 2019

Thank you for your review, Sarah. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory. It looks like our service team has addressed your concerns, but if you need further assistance please send us a direct message. We are here to help.

Jim Hodges
March 12th, 2019 Panama City, FL DETAILS

Good support teams and a very simple program to use.

Rich Sosa
March 8th, 2019 Reading, PA DETAILS

Satisfied with results so far. New zip codes added today.

Anna Clark
March 4th, 2019 Birmingham, AL DETAILS

Absolutely Horrible! I canceled the one contract I had many times in 2018. They continued to charge my card even after cancellation not only the original amount, but they took the original amount twice a month. I continued to call and cancel. I had many agents say my account had been canceled and everything was good. My bank collected the money they had taken from account and I stopped all cards they had on file. They proceeded to send a letter saying I was sent to collections. They want to settle by me paying an absurd amount (half of what they were trying to say I owed). I have never received a seller or buyer or even a lead from Homes.com. They even said the contract I signed was signed from an email I didn't even have access to at the time. We get a free profile through our real estate association. I asked what they did for me even if I had signed a contract. No answer was given. I have been dealing with Matt N. If you receive a phone call or email from this company it is in your best interest to never respond and never give your financial information to this company. Worst experience I have ever had.

Mar 04, 2019

Thank you for your review, Anna. We're sorry to hear your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. It looks like our team has been in communication with you to provide a solution, but should you need any additional assistance please send us a message. We are here to help.

Millie Bonilla
March 1st, 2019 Collierville, TN DETAILS

Wish there was a negative rating I could give them. Signed up in September and did not get a lead until after Christmas. Asked to cancel but of course they invoked the contract. They reason they have a contract is so they can give you nothing and still have the right to take your money. At this point I have received a total of 4 leads in 5 months go figure. Who pays over $100 a lead!!! This is the worst lead company for realtors I have ever seen. Do not waste your money. Lesson learned I should have done my research before handing over my hard earned money to this useless company. But they have just robbed me for the last time. Canceled my card.

Mar 04, 2019

Thank you for your review, Millie. We're sorry to hear your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. It looks like our Client Success Team has made attempts to reach you unsuccessfully, so if there's anything more we can do to assist you please send us a message. We are here to help.

Rosa Benitez
March 1st, 2019 Palm Coast, FL

Answer all question about how the product works , and how will

Mar 04, 2019

Thank you for the 5-star review, Rosa!

Mark Chestnut
March 1st, 2019 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

Roth was very helpful - he cared about the security of my account when establishing password retrieval for my wallet and the back -end of my dashboard.He also engaged in conversation about the current market conditions and the increase of quality leads.He also mentioned a new service your company would be offering soon on a "Fee for Service" basis for sellers which I am very interested in hearing about when the product actually rolls out.

Mar 04, 2019

Thank you for the 5-star review, Mark! It's always a pleasure to hear great feedback about our service team.

Sophie
February 26th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

Jamaal was excellent! He was professional & knowledgeable...and he answered all of my questions thoroughly.

Tammy
February 19th, 2019 Maryville, TN DETAILS

Super friendly to work with. New so not sure of the results yet but couldn't ask for better customer service.

Colette
February 19th, 2019 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

Tim M was a pleasure to speak to and fixed my issue quickly.

Christopher L. Hanley
February 19th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

Excellent. East to do business with, Set up was easy. Representative was very professional. A+