Homes.com has a goal to make home search as easy as possible, bringing real estate listings to one location for you to search. They offer millions of homes, condos, and apartments for sale and rent, but they also provide financing resources and moving tips. Homes.com focuses on building products and services that drive quality consumers to our partners, which is in part why they are the only real estate portal that always sends leads back to the listing agencies, whether those agencies pay for marketing on Homes.com or not.

The Good

• States
  • Agents
  • Offices
  • Real Estate Options
  • Filtering Options
  • License
  • Commission/Selling Cost
  • Specialties
  • Experience

States

With Homes.com, you can find homes in 52/52 states. This outshines some real estate listings that may only be available in 50-75% of states.

Agents

The most current, total number of agents Homes.com has is 1000+ across the nation. This makes it easy to find an agent in your area.

Offices

Offices with agents can be found in all 52 States. This is unusual in real estate. Typically agents are available in most States but not all. It also lets you find an agent without difficulty.

Real Estate Options

Homes.com offers services to help you buy or rent real estate. There have intuitive mortgage calculators which can help you determine what is the price of a house that will work for you. If you are interested in the schools in the area in which you are going to be living, Homes.com offers school details as an added feature to help you decide where the best location is for you. There are additional features offered on the site, they offer: home value charts, home value charts, home buying guides, rental pricing, an easy map search, and a wealth of area information to inspire your search for the perfect home.

Homes.com offers several different applications that will help you discover where is the best location and in what house. The applications are compatible with iPhones, iPads, and other devices that are iOs 4.3 or later. There are applications that are catered to people who are looking specifically for a rental place. You can easily find your next apartment by searching the app and receiving notifications.

Filtering Options

Homes.com has 15 filtering options to help narrow your home search. The filters include: City, State, County, Zip Code, MLS number, For Sale, For Rent, Home Values, Property types, Beds, Baths, Price range, Lot size, Year built and square feet. These options allow you to get really specific about what you're looking for.

License

All Home.com's agents require a license. Their real estate agents are experts within their specified areas and provide up to date information. They provide the information on local housing trends, home prices, mortgage rates and can even guide you to find the perfect neighborhood and schools to fill your needs. They can also assist you in finding mortgage lenders, home appraisers, title insurance and home loans.

Commission/Elling Costs

Commission rates for agents or realtors is held from the public and is only available to potential home buyers or renters. Also, commission rates may vary according to each local agent in their respective states, city or town.

Specialties

Homes.com offers services in the specialties below:

• Residential: Listings for homes, condos, Townhouses and Foreclosures
  • Free listings for other real estate-related professionals, including Property Managers, Plumbers, Interior Designers, Landscapers, Painters and Title Insurers.

Experience

Homes.com began as the primary website for Homes and Land Publishing in 1993 and incorporated in January 1999 as Homes.com, Inc. They've been in business for 23 years.

The Bad

International

Homes.com agents are not found internationally. They are limited to the United States. If you're looking for properties in other countries, you'll have to search other companies.

The Bottom Line

Homes.com is a recommended option to help you narrow down your search to help you discover the place that best suits your criteria. With an A- rating and so many local agents available in all 52 States, Home.com makes it easy to find homes to buy or rent.

2.0

Valeria
June 25th, 2019 Stone Mountain, GA DETAILS

The staff is very professional personable and knowledgeable.

Marie DeMaria
June 19th, 2019 Geneva, IL DETAILS

My bad decision wasted my money. They gave me one lead and I cancelled the service. When I called to cancel I was told the last payment was in June. Not so according to a woman who works for them. One more month and then they are blocked from my accounts. Bait and switch and terrible service. I am not going to do anymore lead services again.

Jun 20, 2019

Thank you for your review, Maria. We're sorry to hear your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. Upon reviewing your account, it looks like our Client Success Team is actively working toward a beneficial outcome. Should you need further assistance or have any other concerns, please send us a message. We are here to help.

Carol
June 18th, 2019 Redmond, OR

Smooth! Very nice lady, helped me through the process.

Jun 19, 2019

Thank you for your review, Carol. We always appreciate positive feedback and are grateful to have you in the Homes.com family!

Adam Lewis
June 18th, 2019 Cleveland, OH DETAILS

I would give this company zero stars if I could. They are the worst lead service i have ever experienced. Its been 2 months since I've received even a phone number or any sort of lead. I've called and let them know about my dissatisfaction, they say i verbally committed to a contract and refuse to release me. Stay far away from this SCAM!

Jun 19, 2019

Thank you for your review, Adam. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. It appears that our Client Success team has provided additional resources to help with your concerns, but should you need additional assistance please reach out and let us know. We are here to help.

Shannon Wright
June 18th, 2019 Norfolk, VA

Tierra was great and helped me pick out the products that fit my needs. She was very friendly and upbeat. She answered my questions in a timely manner and was very quick to respond. Great Customer Service! Thanks Tierra for all of your help.

Karen
June 17th, 2019 Springfield Gardens, NY DETAILS

I advertise on Homes.com, I do get leads, So far they aren't really what I am looking to get, but my information is out there.

Jun 19, 2019

Thank you for your response, Karen. We always appreciate positive feedback! I have forwarded your concerns to our service team, but we can't seem to narrow down your specific account with the information provided. Please contact them at your earliest convenience at (866) 774.2947 or http://support.homes.com. They are at the ready to assist you, and should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to let us know.

karen o'brien
June 17th, 2019 Running Springs, CA DETAILS

have been with you for years and always have had a positive experience! Thank you for being here for me!!

Jun 19, 2019

Thank you for your review, Karen. We always appreciate positive feedback, and are grateful you've been part of our family for so long!

Phyllis Portie-Ascott
June 7th, 2019 Durham, NC DETAILS

Mashonda has been fabulous to work with in setting up our social media pages and maintaining them. She is available and responsive to all concerns and goes out of her way to ensure that we are completely satisfied.

Carrie S
June 7th, 2019 Middletown, CT DETAILS

We have been completely satisfied with the service and products of Homes.com. When dealing with the customer service end, they have been professional and great to work with. They are on top of what they do.

Wes
May 24th, 2019 Carolina Beach, NC DETAILS

Misleading contracts. No leads. And they charge you a penalty to leave when you're unhappy they aren't providing a quality product

May 28, 2019

Thank you for your review, Wes. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. Our Customer Success Supervisor, Kyle Beasley, will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. Should you desire to speak to him sooner, you can reach him at (850) 583-8151 or [email protected] Let us know if you have any additional concerns, we are here to help.

Ellie Garcia
May 22nd, 2019 Port Orange, FL

Great help, and fast service with call.

Lee Hamby
May 22nd, 2019 Summerville, GA DETAILS

Customer service rep handled my call in a professional and friendly manner. Impressed!

Steve
May 13th, 2019 Urbana, OH DETAILS

asked questions, got prompt professional answers....and more... most appreciated Steve RE/MAX Alliance Ohio

Angela
May 9th, 2019 Concord, NC DETAILS

I had purchased service on Homes.com, before. It was a terrible experience!! I kept telling them I was getting NO leads. Finally, an honest representative worked with me. Come to find out there was "an issue" with my account. I really wasn't getting leads!! Then in January, Ebony called me and told me how their system had been completely revamped. This time I would be very happy with them. She offered me a great zip at a reasonable price. I know!! You are shaking your head....yep, I signed up again....hope springs eternal. 4 months later, I still have NOTHING to show for trusting this company. Well I can show you they are drawing money from my account STILL..... DON'T DO IT! Learn from my mistake! I have been in the business A LONG time and still got suckered into this....Walk away, keep your money in your account. They keep going back to the "you have signed a contract", but they get away with "people are seeing your name" NOT BOY, WE should make sure you get your money's worth.... RUN...DON'T SIGN FOR THE SIX MONTHS. NO MATTER HOW GOOD IT SOUNDS...IT IS NOT!!!

May 13, 2019

Thank you for your review, Angela. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. Our client success team will be reaching out to you soon to further address your concerns, but should you need additional assistance, please send us a message. We are here to help.

Connie Longhurst
May 2nd, 2019 Shelley, ID DETAILS

VERY DISHONEST AND SAID THEY UPLOADED MY ADD AND SENT ME THE BILL. I HADN'T EVEN SENT A PICTURE OF ME NOR APPROVED AN AD GOING PUBLIC. THEY WERE QUICK TO CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD AND I HAD MY CC COMPANY FIGHT IT. THEY SENT OVER PICTURES OF A CHERYL HOLME AS MY AD TO PROVED MY AD HAD BEEN PUBLISHED. WHOEVER CHERYL WAS, SHOULD BE VERY UPSET AS SHE WAS USED FOR THE DISHONEST ACT. THEY SENT THE BILL TO COLLECTIONS AND WOULDN'T WORK WITH CHASE ON THE MATTER. I WOULD NEVER USE THEM AGAIN. THIS IS THE 3RD TIME I'VE SIGNED UP BECAUSE THEY PROMISED ME TO BE BETTER. THEY JUST KEEP GETTING WORSE AND I WAS SENT 3 LEADS THAT WERE OLD LEADS THAT NEVER LEAD TO ANYTHING. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!

May 03, 2019

Thank you for your review, Connie. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory. It looks like you've connected with our service team regarding your concerns already, but should need further assistance, please send us a message. We are here to help.

Linda L. Ervin
April 11th, 2019 Statesville, NC DETAILS

Homes.com designed and has serviced my web page for over 10 years. They do a fabulous job. Easy to work with and great Tec support. I get the info to Homes.com and they do the rest

Eddie Alvarez
April 8th, 2019

Very helpful and friendly staff thank you for your guidance and assistance

Donna Brongiel
April 3rd, 2019 DETAILS

They totally misrepresented themselves. I was worried about their performance given what I had heard from others. But silly me, the sales rep was good so I thought I would give it a shot and he said I know your apprehensive, so let's just do it for 3 months. Perfect I'd be willing to give it a go. I received ZERO return for my investment. After complaining I received a bogus lead! I complained right away because everyone else outperformed them and no one cared! If I can give them a ZERO I would!!!

Apr 04, 2019

Thank you for your review, Donna. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. Our service team will be reaching out to you within the next day to offer additional assistance. In the meantime, please send us a direct message with any other concerns you may have. We are here to help.

Elva Benjamin
April 3rd, 2019 Fairfield, PA DETAILS

Homes.com personnel take pride in their work. It shows from the minute the conversation starts to getting the product and services you need. They target exactly what is right for you and your business. Their knowledge and care are evident in their precision and quality. Thanks Homes.com!

John Roderick
March 27th, 2019 Morris Plains, NJ DETAILS

Little slow on the amount of leads, but the leads that do come in are good quality, customer care and sales team are super friendly. I refer this to all my fellow agents, not in my areas of course

Joey
March 14th, 2019 Byron, GA DETAILS

I've used them twice in the past and I've had decent results both times. I've used the gauntlet of referral sources. Bigger names didn't produce as well as Homes.com did. I've converted about 2 clients off of my $140 monthly investment. Not bad but good for what I spent.

Sarah Burnham
March 14th, 2019 Waterbury, CT DETAILS

I made a huge mistake of agreeing to a 6 month contract for leads. Within months, I saw that the leads were garbage. I called to find out how to cancel, and unfortunately, I knew I was stuck for the 6 months I agreed to. I sent my cancellation request, and received confirmation they got it 3 months BEFORE the end of the 6 month contract. I called 3 times between that time and the end of the contract to confirm I WOULD NOT BE CHARGED after the sixth month. Each time I was told I would not. I have now been charged TWO ADDITIONAL MONTHS BEYOND THE CONTRACT. "Customer Service" is worthless. I have now filed a complaint with the BBB.

Mar 15, 2019

Thank you for your review, Sarah. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory. It looks like our service team has addressed your concerns, but if you need further assistance please send us a direct message. We are here to help.

Jim Hodges
March 12th, 2019 Panama City, FL DETAILS

Good support teams and a very simple program to use.

Rich Sosa
March 8th, 2019 Reading, PA DETAILS

Satisfied with results so far. New zip codes added today.

Anna Clark
March 4th, 2019 Birmingham, AL DETAILS

Absolutely Horrible! I canceled the one contract I had many times in 2018. They continued to charge my card even after cancellation not only the original amount, but they took the original amount twice a month. I continued to call and cancel. I had many agents say my account had been canceled and everything was good. My bank collected the money they had taken from account and I stopped all cards they had on file. They proceeded to send a letter saying I was sent to collections. They want to settle by me paying an absurd amount (half of what they were trying to say I owed). I have never received a seller or buyer or even a lead from Homes.com. They even said the contract I signed was signed from an email I didn't even have access to at the time. We get a free profile through our real estate association. I asked what they did for me even if I had signed a contract. No answer was given. I have been dealing with Matt N. If you receive a phone call or email from this company it is in your best interest to never respond and never give your financial information to this company. Worst experience I have ever had.

Mar 04, 2019

Thank you for your review, Anna. We're sorry to hear your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. It looks like our team has been in communication with you to provide a solution, but should you need any additional assistance please send us a message. We are here to help.

Millie Bonilla
March 1st, 2019 Collierville, TN DETAILS

Wish there was a negative rating I could give them. Signed up in September and did not get a lead until after Christmas. Asked to cancel but of course they invoked the contract. They reason they have a contract is so they can give you nothing and still have the right to take your money. At this point I have received a total of 4 leads in 5 months go figure. Who pays over $100 a lead!!! This is the worst lead company for realtors I have ever seen. Do not waste your money. Lesson learned I should have done my research before handing over my hard earned money to this useless company. But they have just robbed me for the last time. Canceled my card.

Mar 04, 2019

Thank you for your review, Millie. We're sorry to hear your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. It looks like our Client Success Team has made attempts to reach you unsuccessfully, so if there's anything more we can do to assist you please send us a message. We are here to help.

Rosa Benitez
March 1st, 2019 Palm Coast, FL

Answer all question about how the product works , and how will

Mar 04, 2019

Thank you for the 5-star review, Rosa!

Mark Chestnut
March 1st, 2019 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

Roth was very helpful - he cared about the security of my account when establishing password retrieval for my wallet and the back -end of my dashboard.He also engaged in conversation about the current market conditions and the increase of quality leads.He also mentioned a new service your company would be offering soon on a "Fee for Service" basis for sellers which I am very interested in hearing about when the product actually rolls out.

Mar 04, 2019

Thank you for the 5-star review, Mark! It's always a pleasure to hear great feedback about our service team.

Sophie
February 26th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

Jamaal was excellent! He was professional & knowledgeable...and he answered all of my questions thoroughly.

Tammy
February 19th, 2019 Maryville, TN DETAILS

Super friendly to work with. New so not sure of the results yet but couldn't ask for better customer service.

Colette
February 19th, 2019 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

Tim M was a pleasure to speak to and fixed my issue quickly.

Christopher L. Hanley
February 19th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

Excellent. East to do business with, Set up was easy. Representative was very professional. A+

CARLOS MAN
February 14th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

GARBAGE, DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!! IF YOU GET A CALL FROM THEM HANG UP, BLOCK THE NUMBER! THEY SUCK NO LEADS, NO PHONE SUPPORT, THEY JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY FOR 6 MONTH. THE REVIEW ARE REAL.

Feb 15, 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback, Carlos. We are sorry to hear that your experience has been less than satisfactory. We'd like to assist you in any way possible, so please reach out to our Customer Service Supervisor, Krystal Bowdry, at your earliest convenience (850-350-7858, [email protected]). She's at the ready to help you, so please let us know if you have any issues getting into contact with her.

Jason
February 7th, 2019 Greenwood, SC DETAILS

I signed up with Homes.com for a three month contract. Had the manager send me an email verifying that it was for only three months. I emailed them to cancel after the second month because I had not received one lead. Even though I was paying to be on the front of the search. Jennifer from there had called me to talk with me about the issues I was having. She said they would update the zip code area to include another zip code. My specific email back was that I was ok with her updating the zip code with no additional terms. They ended up Billing me for another month after and would not refund it. I forwarded all the email communication etc. This company is just another company trying to get all the money they can from agents by promising more then they can provide

Feb 11, 2019

Thank you for your review, Jason. We're sorry your experience has been unsatisfactory, but we'd like the opportunity to make it right. Please contact our Customer Service Supervisor, Krystal Bowdry, at your earliest convenience (850-350-7858, [email protected]). Please let us know if you have any issues reaching her, we are here to help.

Sheryl
February 1st, 2019 DETAILS

Homes.com has been great to work with. My rep is Kovington- highly recommend using him, he wants to make sure you are receiving the service you signed up for. He follows through to make sure you don't have any questions, and checks in on you to make sure you are getting what you need. I receive leads from them weekly!

Jo Gambardella
January 31st, 2019 Branford, CT

James was extremely helpful, courteous and informative. He also answered all my questions and didn't rush me.

Sun Real Estate
January 31st, 2019 Rapid City, SD DETAILS

We wish we could leave a negative star review with this company. We should've, like so many before us, done our research. We were paying over $600 a month for almost nothing. We wanted to drop our plan down to the more basic version for only $50. They said they couldn't do it because of a contract. No contract was ever agreed to or signed. We sent in a letter of cancellation and they still proceeded to bill us for $600+ a month which we refused. We had to destroy the card that was being billed just to end the payments. We called again to see where to send the $50 to make payment by check. They informed us that we still owed over $700. Apparently, the contract we never signed or received proof of was automatically renewed without our knowing. Also, in the many phone calls we made we were never informed that you had to cancel 30 days before the end of the contract. Mind you, this has been going on, with us calling every week, since October. It's now the end of January. This whole thing is completely ridiculous. Customer service is more than unhelpful and will rarely return calls. We are more than thoroughly disappointed, disgruntled, and outraged. Avoid this company at all costs. They're a complete waste of time and money. Homes.com is a scam and should be reported to the IRS, and whomever else for fraud. Worst wishes from the Sun Real Estate Team.

Feb 01, 2019

Thank you for your review, Sun. We're sorry that your experience thus far has been unsatisfactory. It looks like our service team has connected with you on a solution, but if you need any further assistance please send us a message. We are here to help.

Johnny Le
January 29th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

They called me tirelessly to sell me on their monthly subscription claiming this was a one time deal and that there was only one spot left. They did not say I would be locked into a 6 month contract and said I could cancel anytime. They start my billing on December 13 but my ads did not populate for over a week later. Today is January 29 and I have not received one contact from their site. I decided to cancel last week and was told I could not and that my rep would call me. A week later, my rep says I can cancel for $250 early termination fee. I explain to her that I was duped and if she could make an exception for me. She said she could not and that if I don't pay the $250 termination fee, it will go to collections. I will never trust another telemarketer again.

Jan 30, 2019

Thank you for your review, Johnny. We’re sorry your experience thus far has been unsatisfactory. It looks like our client success team has touched base with you to figure out a solution, but if you need further assistance please send us a message. We are here to help.

DAN
January 24th, 2019 Purcell, OK DETAILS

0 leads per month received. Do not pay them to provide leads

Lexy
January 23rd, 2019 Ocean Isle Beach, NC

Very helpful and easy to talk to! Already have had leads generated from the site!

Lucas Schuster
January 22nd, 2019 Albert Lea, MN DETAILS

Great company with great employees. I've had the best service when calling. I enjoy using their products and have seen good results!

Cathie Fears
January 22nd, 2019 Festus, MO

Dorothy did an excellent job at taking care of the issue that I had. We soon realized I had two accounts and 1 account was correct and the other one had the information mixed between two of the offices that I worked from.

Dominique
January 11th, 2019 Ft. Washington, MD DETAILS

I signed on Monday and they didn't even call me to set up my account. I have no clear collection of how the site works. Carlton M (Senior Account Executive who I signed up with) promised he would always be available to help. After 2 days of calling I emailed him and he still didn't reply. He finally picked up the phone on Wed evening after I rang repeatedly and gave me an attitude. He told me he was on his way out. I told him that was fine if he could handle it in the morning. He never did. I did a chat the next day with Lonnie who was much better. I am reading reviews and really regretting this so far. Praying that leads come through. No money to spare. SMH

Jan 15, 2019

Thank you for your review, Dominique! I am so sorry your experience has been less than satisfactory. It looks like our service manager has reached out to you, but if you have any additional questions or concerns please don't hesitate to let us know. We're committed to your success!

Terri Gamboa
January 11th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Very good dealing with Homes.com, always efficient and informative. Thank you.

Lori Stancill
January 11th, 2019 Greenville, NC DETAILS

Edgar was so helpful and knowledgeable - he guided me through the set up process and answered all my questions - I look forward to working with Homes.com

Ashley Rose
January 10th, 2019 Encinitas, CA DETAILS

Sadly I wish I could give Homes.com zero stars. I was told when I signed up for homes.com that I would be able to cancel after 3 months if i was not satisfied. However, low and behold they will not let me cancel until 6 MONTHS. I have been paying for this service for about 4 months and have not received a single lead or even one phone call. This company is a HUGE waste of money. I truly feel scammed and taken advantage of.

Jan 10, 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback, Ashley. We're sorry to hear that your experience has been less than satisfactory. It looks like our Client Success Specialist, Rick Clifford, has connected with you and helped you resolve the issue. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please reach out to us--we are here to help!

Donna Schepis
January 8th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL

Adrienne B helped me today. She was extremely personable, professional and helpful! I was able to get problem resolved quickly. Thank you for such great service!

Jan 08, 2019

Thank you for such a great review, Donna! Helping you succeed is our top priority, and we're thrilled to support you anytime you need it. Thanks for being part of the Homes.com family!

Cricket Allen
December 31st, 2018 Taylors, SC DETAILS

I wish I could put a 0 star! I also wish I had looked at reviews before I agreed to a "contract". What a waste of money for 6 months and when I called to cancel within the first month I was told I could not. I don't think any of the contact information is real because I have never had one return call, no not one! DON'T do it!!!

Jan 03, 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback, Cricket. We're sorry to hear that your experience has been less than satisfactory. Our Customer Service team has reached out and learned that you’re currently on vacation. We’re committed to helping you in every way we can, so please contact our Customer Service Supervisor, Krystal Bowdry, at your earliest convenience (850-350-7858, [email protected]). Let us know if you have any issues getting into contact with her.

E Decker
December 21st, 2018 Elma, NY DETAILS

As a new Realtor I signed up for Homes.com because it much more affordable than Zillow. I recieved my first lead within 24 hours. I spoke to another agent in my office and he says he has been getting lots of leads from Homes.com and has been using it for months. He was surprised to hear how many negative reviews were written but then again, people will quickly tell you about a bad experience than a good one. So far I am pleased.

Ruth L
December 20th, 2018 Columbia, MD DETAILS

Terrible experience. I never signed a 6 month contract. (Apparently my verbal consent to try out the service counts as a signed contract -- that's ridiculous!). I was clearly told by the sales person who called me initially that I could try it out, not told anything about a 6 month contract or an early cancellation fee. Did not get ONE SINGLE lead for 45 days. Tried to cancel at day 30 when I had received no leads and was told to give it more time. Ok...still no leads. I cancelled the credit card they were billing as it seemed the only way OUT of this terrible service. What a disgrace to the good name of Homes.com this lead division is!

Dec 21, 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback, Ruth. We are sorry to hear that your experience has been less than satisfactory. Please reach out to our Customer Service Supervisor, Krystal Bowdry, at your earliest convenience (850-350-7858, [email protected]). Please let us know if you have any issues getting into contact with her.