Homes.com has a goal to make home search as easy as possible, bringing real estate listings to one location for you to search. They offer millions of homes, condos, and apartments for sale and rent, but they also provide financing resources and moving tips. Homes.com focuses on building products and services that drive quality consumers to our partners, which is in part why they are the only real estate portal that always sends leads back to the listing agencies, whether those agencies pay for marketing on Homes.com or not.

#2 Keller Williams Realty chevron_right
2.2
#3 RE/MAX chevron_right
2.5

The Good

• States
  • Agents
  • Offices
  • Real Estate Options
  • Filtering Options
  • License
  • Commission/Selling Cost
  • Specialties
  • Experience

States

With Homes.com, you can find homes in 52/52 states. This outshines some real estate listings that may only be available in 50-75% of states.

Agents

The most current, total number of agents Homes.com has is 1000+ across the nation. This makes it easy to find an agent in your area.

Offices

Offices with agents can be found in all 52 States. This is unusual in real estate. Typically agents are available in most States but not all. It also lets you find an agent without difficulty.

Real Estate Options

Homes.com offers services to help you buy or rent real estate. There have intuitive mortgage calculators which can help you determine what is the price of a house that will work for you. If you are interested in the schools in the area in which you are going to be living, Homes.com offers school details as an added feature to help you decide where the best location is for you. There are additional features offered on the site, they offer: home value charts, home value charts, home buying guides, rental pricing, an easy map search, and a wealth of area information to inspire your search for the perfect home.

Homes.com offers several different applications that will help you discover where is the best location and in what house. The applications are compatible with iPhones, iPads, and other devices that are iOs 4.3 or later. There are applications that are catered to people who are looking specifically for a rental place. You can easily find your next apartment by searching the app and receiving notifications.

Filtering Options

Homes.com has 15 filtering options to help narrow your home search. The filters include: City, State, County, Zip Code, MLS number, For Sale, For Rent, Home Values, Property types, Beds, Baths, Price range, Lot size, Year built and square feet. These options allow you to get really specific about what you're looking for.

License

All Home.com's agents require a license. Their real estate agents are experts within their specified areas and provide up to date information. They provide the information on local housing trends, home prices, mortgage rates and can even guide you to find the perfect neighborhood and schools to fill your needs. They can also assist you in finding mortgage lenders, home appraisers, title insurance and home loans.

Commission/Elling Costs

Commission rates for agents or realtors is held from the public and is only available to potential home buyers or renters. Also, commission rates may vary according to each local agent in their respective states, city or town.

Specialties

Homes.com offers services in the specialties below:

• Residential: Listings for homes, condos, Townhouses and Foreclosures
  • Free listings for other real estate-related professionals, including Property Managers, Plumbers, Interior Designers, Landscapers, Painters and Title Insurers.

Experience

Homes.com began as the primary website for Homes and Land Publishing in 1993 and incorporated in January 1999 as Homes.com, Inc. They've been in business for 23 years.

The Bad

International

Homes.com agents are not found internationally. They are limited to the United States. If you're looking for properties in other countries, you'll have to search other companies.

The Bottom Line

Homes.com is a recommended option to help you narrow down your search to help you discover the place that best suits your criteria. With an A- rating and so many local agents available in all 52 States, Home.com makes it easy to find homes to buy or rent.

2.4

Sheila R. Croasmun

January 24th, 2020 Massillon, OH

So far their customer service is great! I just signed up yesterday and all my questions where answered right away. I got my first lead today! I am excited to see where this takes my business and getting new clients!

Christine Hasselbach

January 16th, 2020 Cape Coral, FL

Good customer service. No waiting line on the phone.

Karen Mc

January 2nd, 2020 Lake Ozark, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent! The onboarding process is thorough and really helpful.

John Lorson

December 13th, 2019 Peoria, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great personality and excellent product knowledge. I look forward to the success I will see through your referrals.

Roger Philmon

December 13th, 2019 Decatur, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have spoken with Homes.com and we been able to address my concerns with the company. Thanks, Roger in Atlanta

Nov 27, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, Roger. We want our agents to have a stellar experience with us, and we are sorry to hear this has not been the case. Per our discussion on another site, it looks like our team has already been in touch with you regarding your concerns. If this is not the case, or you have additional concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are here to help.

Cynthia Izzo

December 11th, 2019 Johnston, RI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent sales department they are very knowledgeable of your real estate needs and fields of concentration, customer service is readily available for answer questions, webinar was very helpful. I received leads the first week after going with Homes.com.

Brittany Moore

November 26th, 2019 Aurora, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chassity is PHENOMENAL! She was able to thoroughly answer all of my questions, she guided me through this process flawlessly, and she always made sure to follow up with me and respond to my messages in a timely manner. Overall I am a very pleased customer thus far. Please tell her she's a ROCKSTAR!!

Wayne Ogburn

November 20th, 2019 Hot Springs, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience is of being an agent that receives leads from Homes.com. I have been very pleased with the number and quality of the leads. Their system appears to be easy to use and will retain all of the information I need.

Diana Brockmann

November 8th, 2019 Kokomo, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Katrina was fantastic!! She answered all my questions, kept working on helping me with a "pricing" concern, & was so enjoyable to talk with overall. She is an A++++++ worker....surely, she needs a raise!!

Chicago Realtor

November 5th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible leads and sometimes fake phone calls. Very few leads as well. Use any other large company. I have had much better success with 2 other large name real estate websites.

Nov 07, 2019

Thank you for your review. We're so sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been the best, but we'd love the chance to make it right. Please send us your contact info at your earliest convenience, or you may reach out to our support team at 866-774-2947.

Micah

October 28th, 2019 Midland, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible company. They don’t explain their terms or how it works. The leads I got were a joke! All of them! One call they were looking for airport parking. Total waste of your money!!

Oct 29, 2019

Thank you for your review, Micah. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. It looks like our Success team has already been in contact with you, but should you have additional concerns please don't hesitate to let us know.

Tina D'Alessandro

October 25th, 2019 Vineland, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jamie was very helpful and easy to work with. No fluff just answered my questions to the fullest.

Arlene

October 25th, 2019 Bartow, FL

Love the customer service that was provided by Kevin! He answered all of my questions and help me set up my profile.

Alex

October 21st, 2019 Fresno, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Oh my God stay away from this company. Don’t do it. You’ll waste your money and time like I did. It’s the worst company in real estate industry. They won’t let you quit your contract. You have to pay and pay and you won’t get anything back. I wish I didn’t make this decision and use my money for something else. Just stay away from this company. I so so so so so regret it.

Oct 22, 2019

Thank you for your review, Alex. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. It appears that our Client Success team has reached out to provide additional resources to help with your concerns. You have no further billing on the account, but should you need additional assistance please reach out and let us know. We are here to help.

IRENE DiCRISTINA

October 18th, 2019 Sun City Center, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a fantastic website for your clients to use. Homes.com really makes sure they give agents the proper information for leads. The training webinars are very helpful.

Gary Wilkinson

October 11th, 2019 Sarasota, FL

I've just signed on and have had great support from their team.

Trent Ziegler

October 4th, 2019 Sparta, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I don't believe I have ever reviewed any type of Company in my life, but Real Estate Professionals need to know what a Scam Home.com is. The Sales people with homes.com are misleading, and results will be non-existent. Was promised on the phone a set amount for 3 months and if we were not happy could cancel. They made multiple charges to our account that ended up more than 3 times what was promised by the sales person. Also they do not make it easy to cancel, by passing you to the next agent and sitting on hold or wanting to call you back. Even after cancelling they continued to charge my account. I have to contact my bank to stop payment on recurring charges. Also our company agent was promised to be a featured agent, and was initially, but later the agent was removed for another agent from another company. Homes.com is the worst I have ever seen in all of my years in Real Estate.

Julie Murray

October 2nd, 2019 Mooresville, NC

He was so unbelievably helpful!!!! Walked me thru everything perfectly!! Thank you!!!

Paul Carter

September 30th, 2019 Mobile, AL

As a Realtor, I am happy to have our listings advertised at no charge on Homes.com. Unfortunately, Homes.com does not remove most of our listings after they are leased, even after numerous requests to remove the listings. Even worse, prospective renters show up at our occupied homes at all times of the day. Obviously, our tenants are not pleased. We have been forced to post “no trespassing “ signs at these homes.

Oct 01, 2019

Thank you for your review, Paul. While we're happy to hear your positive feedback, we're also sorry to hear the rest of your experience has been less than satisfactory. We have tried to locate your account, but we can't seem to find it with the information provided. Would you mind sending us a private message with your information so we can address your concerns? Thank you so much.

Darrel

September 30th, 2019 Grand Rapids, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can't think of a time that I've ever negatively reviewed a person or company. But I feel the public and other professionals need to know that Homes.com is a scam. I am a 20+ year veteran of real estate and have never experienced the lack of results from a paid marketing program like I did with Homes.com. I believed the garbage that was promised to me and should have followed my gut when the salesperson insisted on talking on the phone instead of replying to simple questions via email. The few "leads" we got were bogus leads which my staff believes were fake leads that Homes.com made up... to give me the impression they were generating legit ones. Bad phone numbers, bounced/erroneous emails with no responses, etc. When I canceled before my renewal, they charged me for another 3 months of charges and refused to refund it when I brought it to their attention. Don't fall for the pitch that Homes.com gives you. It's not worth it, no matter what they say. They are a SCAM.

Oct 01, 2019

Thank you for your review, Darrell. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. We've forwarded your concerns to management, but should you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are here to help.

C_the_gr8

September 26th, 2019 Springfield, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I signed up with them and was told by the selleing rep that it would be for 3 months and I could cancel if I need to but I thought after a month...NOPE. So I called and said I hadn't received one lead AT ALL. I live in VA and the lead was in GA. They said there was an issue and they would fix it. I changed my card number bc I wasn't going to pay for the 3rd month, but now they are tracking me for the payment. I don't want to go to collections but we will see.

Jul 30, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory. We'd like to reach out and address your concerns, but we don't have enough information provided here to connect with you. Please send us a message at your earliest convenience, or reach out to us at 866.774.2947. We are happy to help!

Consuelo

September 23rd, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Homes.com sold to me 23% of city sponsor package but I was not appearing 23% of the time. Unfortunately I didn’t check the bad reviews that they had online. My coworkers had the same problem with them. On the 3rd day of signing my contract with them I decided to cancel. They didn’t refund my money and didn’t answer my phone call nor emails of why. I sent at least 10 emails to 10 different people and no one answered. Do not sign anything with homes.com

Sep 24, 2019

Thank you for your review, Consuelo. We're sorry to hear your experience was less than satisfactory. Upon reviewing your account, it looks you've already been assisted by our Client Success team, but should you have any additional concerns please let us know. We are here to help.

Eunice

September 11th, 2019 Homewood, IL

Customer service was very friendly and polite. Service provider Candy answered all of my questions and even sought after answers for clarification. It was a pleasure working with you today.

Sep 30, 2019

Thank you for your review, Eunice. It's always our pleasure to serve you!

Sue Pellegrino

September 9th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great help. Thanks I needed help with my website and he fixed everything for me. I really appreciate his help.

K Taylor

September 6th, 2019 Brattleboro, VT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They called to see if we wanted to sign up for some of their services. I asked a million questions and the agent was nice and answered all of my questions. She was not pushy.

Monie Tehrani

September 6th, 2019 Harbor City, CA

I had a technical and online issue, so I called costumer service and Kevin B helped me step by step through the process, thank you

William Prengaman

September 6th, 2019 Portersville, PA

Tech provided great follow up. I had originally thought i solved the issue and ended the chat. But I then realized I was having the same issue. I basically gave up on it for a few days and the rep sent a follow-up email asking if everything was going well...to which i replied that I still couldn't log in. He said he would look at it and he corrected the issue (company address didn't match official post office address or something like that). Once he fixed it, I was able to finish setting up the account and now I am good to go.

Jennifer

September 4th, 2019 Spokane, WA

Kevin was FANTASTIC! He was friendly and helpful. He even went above and beyond to not just walk me through the process, but explain it for better understanding. Thank you!

Jeffrey William

August 29th, 2019 Elmhurst, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The professionals I'm involved with at Homes .com were very good at setting up a great deal for me and my firm. The additional a Broker can get with this Homes .com is a large asset for anyone in the market to buy or sell Real Estate.

Roger Jarnigan

August 28th, 2019 Van Nuys, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ebony was very personable and professional. She is a great asset to your company. She put herself in my situation and guided me in most most insightful way. Thanks Ebony

Nick Albanese

August 21st, 2019 Smithtown, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a costumer for over 17 years. I used to love my website. Several years ago they were bought out as they mentioned to me so my whole website changed. I didn’t like it. I felt it was hard to maneuver around. Anyway, what happened recently was all of my listings had the all the wrong information on it. Town, style of house, bedroom count, everything was listed wrong on my website. 2 of my homeowners noticed it and were not happy. They called me right away and I called the company right away. Whoever answered the phone said they would have tech work on it. Several days later, nothing. I called again, they said they would put in another work order. Info was all changed but still all wrong. My sellers are furious. I called again, and I asked to speak with a manager. As I am writing this 3 weeks later, I am still waiting for them to call. This issue and their lack of response and not being able to fix their issue for 2 weeks, caused me to go and get a new website while saving over $40 per month. Who knows how long I had this problem with my site. My sellers are the ones who saw it.

Aug 23, 2019

Thank you for your review, Nick. We always strive to give our clients the utmost in service, and we regret this was not your experience with us. It looks like our team was able to assist you with your concerns, but please let us know if there's anything more we can do to help.

Beau

August 14th, 2019 St. Petersburg, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From the beginning this company was problematic. I cancelled after finding out the leads they were sending me to the tune of $225 - they were sending to others. This is to say they were sending the exact same lead to others. Crazy. I cancelled, but they have been continuing to charge my account (after agreeing to cancel) this $225 for 3 more months. I just found this out.

Aug 15, 2019

Thank you for your review, Beau. We are sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory. Our team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns, but should you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to send us a message.

M. Hukill

August 14th, 2019 Weatherford, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I gave them 1 star which is being generous. Very poor service , they do not follow through as they promise and it's impossible to cancel. They told me in an email I could cancel any time with just 30 days notice. Beware of this scam

Aug 21, 2019

Thank you for your review, Mr. Hukill, and my apologies for the tardy response. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. It looks like our Client Success team has reached out regarding your concerns, but should you need any additional assistance, please don't hesitate to send us a direct message. We are happy to help.

Susan J

August 2nd, 2019 Arlington, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hannah was an excellent sales person and very knowledgeable about Homes.com. She was patient and answered all my questions. I look forward to working with her in the future!

Aug 06, 2019

Thank you for your review, Susan! We love receiving feedback on how we're doing. Should you ever need any assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know -- we are here to help!

Crystal Alley, MBA

August 1st, 2019 Bristol, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chasity C was informative and well spoken at explaining what Homes.com had to offer.

Donna

August 1st, 2019 Fernandina Beach, FL

They were very knowledgeable and helped me right away.

Aug 06, 2019

Thank you for your review, Donna! Your feedback helps us continue to give you the best service we can. Should you ever need any assistance, please let us know. We are happy to help!

Elena Muttart

August 1st, 2019 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They need a more comprehensive program to help Realtors and match them with the right leads .Leads needs screening before they get to us.

Aug 06, 2019

Thank you for your review, Elena. We have forwarded your feedback to our team, and someone should be reaching out to your shortly (if they haven't already!). Should you need further assistance, please let us know. We are happy to help!

Beverly Colosky

July 30th, 2019 Smithville, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service was great setting up a 3 month trial. I haven't seen results of the service yet. I actually have an account with Realtor.com as well. They are being compared to see which one I'll be keeping. Other agents in my office are doing the same thing to see if we are all getting the same leads or if they are different. Also getting leads from our broker for realtor and homes so we should know soon if this is a win for all.

Steve Houck

July 29th, 2019 Ridgeland, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm always pleased with the customer service department. They answer my questions and/or take care of my problems in a prompt manner. I have no complaints, only praises for the customer service and the SEO Departments

Jul 01, 2019

Thank you for your review, Steve. We always enjoy receiving positive feedback, especially when our team members make such an impression! Thank you for being part of our family, we are happy to assist you anytime you need it.

Bette C

July 25th, 2019 Alpharetta, GA

I spoke with Ebony P at Homes.com and she wasthe utmost professional. She clearly explained the program to me so that I could make an informed decision regarding the product.

Jul 26, 2019

Thank you for your review, Bette! We're so happy to hear you had a pleasant interaction with our team. Your feedback helps us continue to serve you the best we can, so we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we're doing. Should you ever need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us - we are happy to help!

Richie Keeperman

July 25th, 2019 Boca Raton, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

THIS COMPANY IS 100% FRAUD. DONT BELIEVE A WORD THEY SAY DONT SIGN ANYTHING WITH THIS CO. THEY MIGHT HAVE A LICENSE TO STEAL BUT I DOUBT THEY HAVE THAT LICENSE

Jul 26, 2019

Thank you for your review, Richie. We're sorry to hear your experience was less than than satisfactory. We're unsure of what prompted your review, but would like to connect and offer our assistance. Please reach out to Mat Neff at 850-583-8162 or [email protected] at your earliest convenience, he is at the ready to address your concerns. In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything more we can do to help.

Gary Miller

July 23rd, 2019 Pueblo, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

While I have not always been impressed by Homes.com, my most recent experience as a broker/owner has exceeded all of my expectations and the cost has been very reasonable. I feel like Homes.com has become our partner, vested in our success. Their resources and support are extraordinary.

Jul 26, 2019

Thank you for your review, Gary! It's great to hear we've exceeded expectations and given you ease of mind. Your success is our top priority and your feedback helps us continue to serve you at our best. Should you ever need any assistance, please let us know - we are happy to help!

Margaret Anne Newsome

July 19th, 2019 Valdosta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jamie is awesome! She is very helpful & considerate to my needs.

Alan Paul

July 12th, 2019 Pueblo, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am highly disappointed in Homes.com. I'm a new agent and with RE/MAX and Homes.com has lied to me and tricked me into a contract that I have never agreed with. It's frustrating that this company promises you a product, that hasn't been worth the money at all, then write a contract for a whole different product to steal more money from you. Two agents in my office will be canceling with Homes.com after I have informed them of my situation. I recommend that you don't even associate with them. I also spent time to call into their customer support and instead of helping a future customer, make everything right, they just create excuses to further steal more money. If you're in the real estate industry, Homes.com is not an ally that you want with your business. I'm so frustrated that I will be writing a letter to RE/MAX's CEO and my regional rep my experience with this company.

Jul 18, 2019

Thank you for your review, Paul. We're sorry to hear your experience has been less than satisfactory thus far. We've escalated your concerns to our Client Success team, but if there's anything more we can do to help alleviate this or any other concerns you may have, please let us know. We are here to help.

Collin beckford

July 10th, 2019 Lake Worth, FL

VERY PLEASANT EXPERIENCE SO FAR . JAMIE IS VERY CONSISTENT AND HELPFUL. SHE WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL .

Sue Anne Cobb

June 28th, 2019 Millington, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with Homes.com and it's affiliates for 18 years. They are always helpful, professional and have awesome customer service.

Jul 01, 2019

Thank you for your review, Sue. We love getting positive feedback, and are so happy to have you as a long-time member of our family!

John Capone

June 27th, 2019 Roswell, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total scam!!!! I challenge any person who wrote a positive review to show me how you got a lead from homes.com and turned it into a sale. I bet everyone who left a positive review was paid by homes.com. Not a single legit lead in my 5 months. Total rip off.

Jul 01, 2019

Thank you for your review, John. Upon reviewing your account, it looks like numerous inquiries were indeed generated and you were positioned in your ZIP codes to receive exposure based on your buy in. We regret this did not meet expectations, and apologize that your experience was less than satisfactory. It looks like you've already spoken with our Client Success team, but should you need further assistance please leave us a message. We are here to help.

Valeria

June 25th, 2019 Stone Mountain, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The staff is very professional personable and knowledgeable.

Jul 01, 2019

Thank you for your review, Valeria. We're so happy to hear your experience with our team has been positive! Should you ever need any additional assistance, we are happy to help.

Marie DeMaria

June 19th, 2019 Geneva, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My bad decision wasted my money. They gave me one lead and I cancelled the service. When I called to cancel I was told the last payment was in June. Not so according to a woman who works for them. One more month and then they are blocked from my accounts. Bait and switch and terrible service. I am not going to do anymore lead services again.

Jun 20, 2019

Thank you for your review, Maria. We're sorry to hear your experience has been unsatisfactory thus far. Upon reviewing your account, it looks like our Client Success Team is actively working toward a beneficial outcome. Should you need further assistance or have any other concerns, please send us a message. We are here to help.

Carol

June 18th, 2019 Redmond, OR

Smooth! Very nice lady, helped me through the process.

Jun 19, 2019

Thank you for your review, Carol. We always appreciate positive feedback and are grateful to have you in the Homes.com family!