Apartments.com Logo
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

3.1

Becca San Antonio, TX

I used their information to rent an apartment that is absolutely horrible. The complex had a cesspool for a hot tub and old mattress parts in the breezeways (not to be outdone by the rotting trash and cat feces). Apartments.com gave this complex five stars and has no way for me to add my opinion. I am stuck in a lease, and counting the days to my escape. (Did I mention I have no running water right no--no advanced notice either. Apartments.com must have some kind of deal going, either that or they can't do math. Either way stay away from this business and their self-serving reviews.

Audrey Moreno Valley, CA

Don't bother looking at houses for rent on this site. A majority of these houses for rent are scams (scams that are easy to see and others that really have you going for your money)- and I was scammed nearly $2000 three-quarters of the way of completing a contract. Don't trust the information this site has on both apartments and houses- most of it is false or the apartments' in question don't work with this website on advertising at all. So much of it is misinformation and scams.

Kim Hadden Concord, NC

I posted a review for the horrible apartment complex I've lived in for 4 months. I wondered how the only existing reviews for the complex were all 5 stars. Now I know. They have deleted my review and I've reposted it 3 times and now I seem to be blocked from reposting my review. If you want REAL reviews of apartment s Do Not rely on apartments.com

Rick F. Boulder, CO

I am a disabled veteran who was mistreated by landlord from Griffs Residential. I placed a negative review, and apartments.com deleted it. I reported a review that was negative, short and they deleted it again. They are frauds and only post the positive reviews to the apartments who pay them every month for this protection. Apartments.com should be the last place to go for an honest review!

Nora San Francisco, CA

I tried advertising my rentals with Apartments.com. I have never received any "real" leads except for property managers asking if I would like to use their services. All of my leads come from Craigslist. I was wondering how this can be. I think certain property managers have some kind of deal with Apartments.com. So I did some research to review Apartments.com. From reading the reviews here, I can see why I'm not getting any leads from Apartment.com. I'm removing my account/info from Apartments.com.

Brian North Hills, CA

FOR LANDLORDS: It can take several days for your listing to be reviewed and put on site. This may work in slow markets, but in competitive markets its a waste. I've put several listings up on Apartments.com and craigslist. I get responses almost immediately from craigslist and can usually rent the apartment to a qualified tenant before Apartments.com even finishes reviewing my listing.

Eileen R White Baltimore, MD

This is a review about the courtyard apartments and how they put out a elderly woman out of her home just because she had help from her grown children that was there for her because of her disability , I wouldn't recommend anyone to live at the courtyard apartments because these people have no compassion for the people at all , there concern is only about there job

Juliet Burgess

I reviewed an apartment negatively and they removed the review. The apartment is extremely high crime and I was trying to warn people but they removed it and the apartment still has a 5 rating which is completely untrue. I looked st their site as reliable and moved in here and found out the truth. After I wrote the review and it was removed I realized the site reviews are a total scam and the apartments can request bad reviews removed and they comply.

Thomas Nuffer Orem, UT

If you are looking for a place to rent or buy, you definitely need to use this site. The website is very intutive with easy messaging for the owner of the space.

Kanesha Bieniak Arlington, TX

This website is not to be trusted. They do not give accurate information and as one person stated, they seem to filter Apartment that not within the budget that you state. If I could I would give this website a Zero

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

Always a fantastic resource when searching for a new place to call home. Their service is intuitive to use.

Shawn Las Vegas, NV

Because of the CDC eviction memorandum, this site has a ton of available units which is complete fraudulent. All these apartment and condo complexes are putting up they are available when they are not. This site is a complete waste of time and trying to find housing

Corkery Buckner Bristol, TN

Very versatile source as I am sure that any customer with all kinds of budgets will find it’s best variant of home here.

Angela Davis Brighton, MA

Just like the others have stated. I wrote a negative review for our complex and it was IMMEDIATELY removed. Not only that, the few reviews that exist would average to 3 stars for our complex, and yet the rating is listed at 4.9. Funny, our complex has a rating of 1.5 on held and 3.2 on google. Absolutely crooked.

Vana LaBorde Houston, TX

Apartments.com website will not let you leave a bad review of an apartment complex. I have tried twice and both times rejected. I even tried by framing my review like others that were accepted and posted. Beware they do not support the consumer.

B Milwaukee, WI

Biased reviews for certain. Ive lived in an apartment for about a year, had to get police, dept of fair trade and consumer protection as well as housing division of equal rights invovled to get a bad landlord to act right . When I went ot leave an hoenst review of my experience apartments.com repeatedly deleted it. Super sketchy.

Tammy Laurel Hill, NC

They let angry tenants (usually the ones breaking rules or not paying rents) bad mouth landlords and don't care if what they post is true or not. Don't pay for their service. They will still advertise your apartments inaccurately with a paid account or not.

CL Charlotte, NC

Apartments.com is very bias. I posted a review on my old apartment twice. They keep deleting it. No foul language, insults, any of that. Just an honest review. This apartment (Solis Berewick) have a 5 star rating with them, but over half of their 10 reviews are 1 star.

Charlie New York, NY

Units listed are not actually available. Instead, they use the units online that don't SEEM to be listed on other sites to lure you in. Then they'll bait and switch you and connect you with a broker instead. Don't waste your time, just look on Zillow or Streeteasy yourself instead. Shady company.

Spencer Blackfoot, ID

After apartment hunting for a few months without even knowing this site existed I started receiving emails from them. I have no idea how they managed to get my email, but now I've received email after email of personally unrelatable garbage even after marking it all as spam and unsubscribing.

Violetta Mountlake Terrace, WA

I just submitted a very detailed and honest review of my experience in Lakeside Apartments in Mountlake Terrace, WA and apartments.com saw fit to reject it, citing that I did not follow guidelines. I read over the guidelines and do not see where I violated these. Other sites have posted my review.

Keyuan Wu Brooklyn, NY

Don't trust this website. Look at this building https://www.apartments.com/bsm-elmhurst-ny/nzyl29p/ It has three reviews. one is 1 start, one is 3 stars, and one is 4 stars, but why it's a 5 stars building overall. Cheat and scam.

James Denver, CO

My apartment complex is horrible and rated 2.5 stars average at every other review site. Apartments.com says it is 4 out of 5 stars, even though out if the 8 total reviews there are 5 one star ratings, 1 two star, 1 three star and only one obviously fake 5 star rating. How is this 4 stars?

Shawna Johnson Louisville, KY

DO NOT USE THIS SITE! REVIEWS ARE BIASED. They deny any review under 5 stars. I've tested this theory multiple times. And the rent prices are fake. Way below the actual current renting price. If I could give 0 stars I would.

Mason Allen Pleasant Grove, UT

I like how there are a lot of places on the site and you can filter. I don't like the emails because I would get recommendations for places that did not fit any of my requirements.

Kyle Culleton Petersburg, VA

I used this site to find my apartment. This site then deleted my negative review of an apartment complex that met all their guidelines. Do not rely on apartments.com for accurate reviews.

Angie Fall River, MA

This site is a joke many of the properties are for sale not rent and when you reply to one you get a spam letter trying to get info money etc. BEWARE OF THIS SITE!!!!

Joshua Ryan Mesa, AZ

They deleted my negative review without giving any reasoning. Like others, it was appropriately worded with plenty of examples as to my reasoning. A questionably trustworthy site at best.

Timothy Mills Crothersville, IN

Tried to leave an honest review of a co.plex. apartments.com rejected it. Now people will be moving into a bad neighborhood with very poor management and service. It's sad really how they manipulate people.

Lindsey American Fork, UT

I've used apartments.com to find an apartment to rent, but it didn't have as many options available as other search engines.

Dustin Tsu Los Angeles, CA

Multiple fake/false ads with listing prices WAY below market. These are FAKE ads, so if you're not getting responses, this is why. Worst part is, these fake ads are deliberately put up by Apartments.com.

Derek Brown

Show a 4/5 star rating when only one review gives a 4 while the rest tell the truth and give it a 1 and if a 0 was possible a 0. Seem to be on the apartment owners side compared to the renters.

Sam Alberry Watertown, NY

continuous problems loading pages multiple browsers used just terrible just switched over from cozy as a landlord will be looking for a new place to take my payments

Rachel Thaman Cincinnati, OH

They listed my property without my permission or knowledge. I was contacted by potential tenants who informed me. In addition the information was not even correct.

Robert Okray Orlando, FL

Apartments.com lists almost every apartment in the city. Lots of options to choose from.

Danielle Pool Portland, OR

Suppresses any negative reviews of the property I reside in.

Anita Jenks, OK

I'm finding discrepancies with the total units of apartments with other websites such as Realtor.com and Redfin.com

Pamela Otero Rochester, MI

They erased my negative review. They do not share negatives as they are on the side of the property owers....untrustworty!!!

Moon Choi Torrance, CA

apartment.com shows 5 star on the apartment that has only 10 reviews of 1 star. They should show the correct data on their website.

Rozain Casie-Chitty

Apartments. com does not entertain any negative reviews about apartments. It gives me the idea they are being funded by the apartment companies.

Jacob Warstler Charlevoix, MI

Apartments.com deletes negative reviews of apartments so there is no point in trusting them.

Steven Hudig

They do not allow reviews under five stars. Really, not worth the effort of even looking at.