LawDepot has served more than two million people, has helped individuals create over four million online legal forms and legal documents, and has saved its consumers over $1 billion in legal fees. Additionally, the company has an extensive library of business and personal documents that can be customized, downloaded, and printed in various legal services and practices.

The do-it-yourself legal forms process comes at a fraction of the cost of a traditional lawyer. LawDepot was founded in 2001 by Ken Sawyer and serves the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia.

Check Out LawDepot Reviews from Real Customers

The Good

• Services
  • Easy Online Legal Document Creation
  • Variety of Packages
  • Client Support
  • Education Resources
  • Money-Back Guarantee

Services

LawDepot offers online legal documents for business, personal, financial, estate planning, and real estate needs. This includes living wills, health care directives, lease agreements, eviction notices, promissory notes, confidentiality agreements, corporation operating agreements, prenuptial agreement forms, separation agreement, and more. LawDepot provides its users with step-by-step instructions when using its service to ensure accuracy.

Easy Online Legal Document Creation

A team of lawyers at LawDepot has developed an extensive library of online legal forms. To get started, you will first be asked what state you are in and then a series of questions where you will either answer the questions by filling in the blanks, clicking a bubble, or by checking a box. It takes your answers and puts them into the appropriate portions of the document where you can then open, save, print, share, or edit the document. This do-it-yourself legal forms process makes creating legal documents an easy task.

Variety of Packages

LawDepot offers several different pricing options including yearly or monthly subscriptions, a pay per document option, and a seven-day free trial. An account is free to create.

• The yearly pre-paid subscription costs $7.99 per month and includes unlimited document creation and printing.
  • The monthly subscription costs $33 per month and also includes unlimited document creation and printing. It can be canceled at any time.
  • The a la carte option can cost $10-$49 depending on the document type and amount of time you have access to the document.

Client Support

If you have questions or need assistance, you can contact LawDepot through email, the live online chat feature, the help center, or the 855-number. Phone support is available Monday through Friday, 8 am to 7 pm ET. The online help center offers answers to many frequently asked questions. These contact options are featured in the header of the site under the "Help" tab.

Education Resources

Not everyone has the same understanding as a lawyer or attorney. If you are looking for more information about legal topics in general, LawDepot has a great blog that covers topics such as real estate, business, personal, family, and finance. LawDepot has taken the time to explain each document and the importance of it as well as who should be using these specific kinds of documents. If looking at FAQs is your preferred method for finding information then LawDepot will work for you. They offer detailed FAQ sections that will most likely answer all of your questions.

Money-Back Guarantee

LawDepot also offers a satisfaction guarantee. If a customer isn't satisfied with their document then they will be refunded within 50 days. In addition, LawDepot offers $10,000 to any customers that suffer damages from mistakes due to company errors on documents.

The Bad

• Monthly Price
  • Lack of Legal Information
  • Questions Regarding Accuracy

Monthly Price

If you prepay for a whole year of LawDepot's services it will end up costing you only $7.99 per month, one of the lowest prices in the industry. If you want to do the free trial and let the plan roll over then you will end up paying $33.00 per month. Some competitors offer lower prices for month-to-month or six-month subscriptions.

Lack of Legal Information

LawDepot features a Law Library that includes FAQs and articles pertaining to some common legal processes, however, the information is brief and not detailed. It may not provide all the information you need if you have complicated questions or extensive legal needs. Furthermore, the company does not offer any legal advice or support.

Questions Regarding Accuracy

As with many of the other online legal services, LawDepot does not mention whether their documents are fully reviewed by lawyers for up-to-date accuracy, nor does it explain how attorneys in their network are screened and approved. This means that it may be difficult to ensure that the documents you receive from LawDepot are accurate and high quality. However, LawDepot offers a $10,000 legal guarantee that will cover any damages received because of a mistake a document the customer obtained from LawDepot.

The Bottom Line

LawDepot is not a law firm. If you are comfortable reviewing and filing your own documents without the close guidance of a lawyer, LawDepot is an easy-to-use platform for obtaining and customizing those documents. If you have ongoing legal needs or expect to need several different documents, the unlimited access you gain by signing up for the monthly or annual packages will likely save you money. However, if you'd like to guarantee personal access to a quality attorney you may prefer to opt into websites that include personal legal advice as part of their service subscription.

3.5

Len K.
December 20th, 2018 Roslyn, NY

Everyone I have dealt with is most professional and helpful!

Baky S
December 5th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Far from being as good as advertised. Their documents library is extremely limited. The Phone customer service is horrendous. There are several option that are fare better! I would not recommend it at all.

Dec 06, 2018

Hello, I am sorry for the customer service you received on the phone with our customer service department. What type of documents are you looking for? Cynthia Customer Support

Linda Lafrance
December 5th, 2018 Sacramento, CA

The ratings on this company should 5 star. I have never been more please with the needed FREE documents that I have required from Law Depot. Just because you have to give them your CC doesn't mean there a scam. You are free to use ther service but must cancel within a time limit. How easy is that. I love them.... It took me 30mins to create POA Printed it. Cancel my use. Got an email that confirmed it was free. I love them😊

Bess Bolkema
December 5th, 2018 Chandler, AZ DETAILS

Monique was a great help! She was able to help me with all the steps even when my computer was not cooperating.

Katarzyna
November 2nd, 2018 Wilkes-Barre, PA

Monique was very helpful! She satisfied my answers and help me with my refund.

Deborah champion
October 15th, 2018

Monique was very professional And helpful

Gary Merin
October 8th, 2018 Pacific Grove, CA

I spoke with Monique H she was awesome, I could tell she knew what she was talking about. Answered all my questions. She has a great phone voice, I am a senior felt very comfortable with her.

Roy B. Jackson
September 24th, 2018 Granbury, TX

Monique H was excellent in her directions, answers to my questions, and explanations. Outstanding service person.

William de Burgh
September 19th, 2018 Rancho Santa Fe, CA DETAILS

Horrible company. I paid them for a document then I discovered three months later that they were billing my credit card monthly for a 33.00 fee. When I called them they indignantly told me that it was my fault for not canceling a monthly subscription. I informed them that I understood at the time that I had paid them for a one time service and I had no idea that they were going to keep charging me every month. The lady on the phone said she was too busy to deal with this, she would close my account and it was just tough that I did not know about the recurring monthly charge. She flat out refused to reimburse what they had charged.

Peggy A Davis
September 11th, 2018 Derby, KS

The process was simple but I had to get help with printing the documents so they didn't show "draft" on them. Don't know if this will happen every time or not.

Noreen O'Donnell
September 5th, 2018 Holbrook, NY

This website is available through many public libraries at no charge. Check with your library.

LaCourtneya
August 24th, 2018 Douglasville, GA DETAILS

I used Law depot to write an affidavit, it was easy to use & the instructions was helpful. When it said it was free & then asked for my credit card info, I was like wait, but I did it anyway. It was totally worth it & they let you cancel. When I was charged, I called I was greeted by a representative named Linda, I was not on the phone for more than 3 minutes & she reversed the charge. I have not had customer service like that in a very long time. I recommend Law Depot & I will use the again. Thank you Linda for your kindness & understanding.

santiago rodriguez
July 27th, 2018 Tampa, FL

Representative Ms. C was very pleasant , and prompt . Best wishes. Thank you.

Jennifer
July 10th, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL

The worst customer service i had the representative named Patricia which i actually called back to get her name she would not provide her name stated she don’t have based on my experience as a representative the only thing you don’t provide to a customer is your last name but name and Id is required. She laughed when i was talking to her and disconnected while i am talking. Call back got her again asked for a supervisor she refused and started yelling and disconnected again.

Joe Keunen
July 6th, 2018 Bullhead City, AZ DETAILS

You would think as "legal help" they could at least be truthful, but alas they are true scam artists. It is the old scam of "free" documents; you cant cancel today but you have to cancel at specific time in the future or you will be billed into perpetuity. Deceptive practices at best. Do not use ever!!!!

Chandler Bing
June 28th, 2018 San Francisco, CA

giving 4 stars bc no upfront disclosure you need to provide payment info for the "free" option. once i provided payment info i received a confirmation email indicating, "Your subscription automatically renews in one week on Jun XX 2018 10:09PM ET for $33.00 per month. You can always change your subscription options or cancel your trial before it renews by visiting your account page." i canceled within the disclosed seven day window and received a confirmation email indicating, "We're sorry to see you go, Your Free Trial Subscription has been canceled and you will not be charged in the future." not sure how the other posters didn't understand about the trial period, it's fully disclosed up front with instructions on how to avoid billing. the contract that i selected came out great and i'll use lawdepot again should the need arise.

kim
June 27th, 2018 Parker, CO DETAILS

The customer service from this company is disappointing!!!!! There is a representative by the name of Casandra that was unwilling to work with me, as a concerned consumer. I had to ask for her name no less than 5 times and she would not give it to me. Flat out told me, I was wrong and there was nothing she could do about it. No problem solving or customer service skills what so ever! Extremely frustrating! I would look elsewhere went considering a legal document company.

Jun 27, 2018

Hello Kim, I thank you for taking the time to write this review so that I know what is going on with my customer service team. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad customer experience with us. If you would like to contact me with your account information I can look into your matter for you and, pull the conversation you had with Cassandra so that we can do some coaching. You can contact me Toll Free: +1 866.608.1020 Ext 337 Regards, Cynthia

Michele Stalteri
June 12th, 2018 Stamford, CT DETAILS

Signed up for a one month free trial on May 9th and canceled on May 20th and was still charged $33 on my CC!

Jun 12, 2018

Hello Michele, When you sign up for our Trial Subscription we state that it is a 1 week free trial which is why you were charged. On May 9th we sent out an email to you letting you know the date and time to cancel in order to avoid being charged. We also put this information on the bottom of your receipt. If you wish to contact me directly I can take a look at your account and see if there is anything we can do for you. My phone number is 1 866.608.1020 Ext 337 Regards Cynthia

Lori Campbell
June 4th, 2018 Inglewood, CA

NOT 100% Free forms. They have you go through the whole form and THEN tell you all that info you just entered was a waste if you don't give them your CC info. DO NOT use this site if you think it's free in any way, shape or form. Scam

Teresa Barnard
June 4th, 2018 Spokane, WA DETAILS

SCAM!!!! Pd for 5 year licence for only 1 type of document. I thought I was purchasing access to all docs. Website was not clear enough. Customer service treated me like I was stupid.

Paul David Phillips
May 24th, 2018 Lakewood, OH DETAILS

This company has a very deception on line business process. They offer free form but then require you provide a creit card and starting billing you a week later. Then when you realize the charges are reoccuring they are not willing to provide refunds.

May 24, 2018

Hello Lori, When you select the Trial Subscription we do state that it is free for 1 week and will be $33/month after the trial ends you can cancel anytime with no obligations. When you enter your credit card information we again tell you that it is free for 1 week it will be $33/month after the trial end and you must cancel. We tell you the date and time to cancel at the bottom of your receipt, we also sent you an email right after you signed up with the date and time and how to cancel your account. We did refund 4 of your charges for you as a courtesy. Regards, Cynthia Customer Support Manager

Christine Tobias
May 3rd, 2018 Honey Brook, PA

There should be a note that documents should be done on a computer, not a phone or tablet...that wasted a lot of my time trying to print. Divine was a great help when I did a chat session with her to get the document sent to me.

Amrit
March 28th, 2018 Santa Clara, CA DETAILS

One of those scummy websites that scams you with their "free trial" and then gets you on their monthly subscription plan WITH NO SIGN OF IT. Only a sign-up email. They will tell you it was stated in the agreement and that it's your fault because you should have checked your statement, but there's something funny about this company. I've never experienced that before. They have a 118 return policy to save them from returning all your money when you realize that $33 is being taken from your account every month. I lost $429 to this company and they did absolutely nothing for me. I printed a free document with my trial on the first day, never logged in since and they still hit me with that sorry response. They were only willing to give me 4 out of 13 months worth of my money back. I hate companies that thrive on this sort of business model. Shady written all over it.

Mar 29, 2018

Hello, I am sorry for the misunderstanding but our website does clearly state that we offered you a Trial Subscription. This trial stated that it was free for 1 week and would be $33/month after the trail ends and that it is your responsibility to cancel the trial. We do inform you of this twice thought the check out process. The date and time to cancel your account is on the receipt for you to print out. We immediately you out an email stating the date and time to cancel to your email address. We follow that up with a second email on the 8th day after your trial ends to let you know that you now have a full account with us. Our phone number prints besides the charge on your statement every month and you can contact us at anytime. Regards, Cynthia Sawka Customer Support Manager

sally lambert
March 26th, 2018 DETAILS

Monique was very knowledgeable, helpful & above all informative but not aggressive.

Richard Wheelan
March 7th, 2018 King of Prussia, PA DETAILS

Janet was great! She solved all my “Wonky” problems! Thanks ??????

James P. Moriarty
February 23rd, 2018

Ms. Reyes was stellar in all her efforts in assisting me.

frank black
February 16th, 2018 DETAILS

I had the pleasure of being attended to by Divine R. who was really attentive, she guided and helped me through the entire process of finding out of date documents and the protocol for finding everything I needed to work with these documents. Divine is very patient, which as I am 80 years old, I really needed. She deserves the highest marks available. Thank you, Frank Black

Mark Schmidt
January 29th, 2018 Tustin, CA

Law Review was just what I needed to draft a purchase agreement as there online form is simple to fill in, edit and download. Divine was very helpful with what I needed to be able to download the agreement. Thank you Divine! Mark Schmidt

Chris Town
January 24th, 2018

It was easy to use but I'm just a little nervous about leaving it up to you to resend my password reset as it was taking too long but Devine was very helpful with the whole interaction. She's a keeper.

Cindy Novelle
January 15th, 2018 Tampa, FL DETAILS

The customer service rep's at this company are first rate. Please know I am very impressed with the professional and personal manner I have been treated by both Monique and Janet at this company. I will sing this companies praises!!

Jo
January 4th, 2018 Grapevine, TX

I signed for a 1-week trial.. and of course they trick me with "automatic renew" and started to charge $33 every quarter regardless if I used the services or not.. Easy way to make free money.. of course they are lawyers and they are used to this... I don't recommend this business to my worse enemies..

Jan 04, 2018

Hello Jo, Hello Jo, I am sorry that you were charged we did let you know the date and time to cancel by have you contacted us to see if we can help you out. You can reach me by phone toll free at 1 866.608.1020 Ext 337 or by email at [email protected] Regards, Cynthia

Victoria parks
November 14th, 2017 Tampa, FL DETAILS

Trash Company customer service reps do not want to talk to you if you are canceling they are very rude they talk over you and do not handle the call correctly poor customer service skills do not waste your time nor money

Dale
October 20th, 2017

I highly commend Janet, the customer support, who quickly responded and addressed my billing concerns. Keep up the excellent work!

John Irwin
October 18th, 2017

I dealt with Janet M. She was very customer service oriented. She did everything she promised.

Hayekian von Mises
April 6th, 2017 Coatesville, PA

rip off! signed up for 1 yr at $99.00. Charged my card for $297.00. Will not provide a refund

charles ahrens
November 11th, 2016

I was disappointed that I could not save my business plan. I had it hand written and it still took 30min to complete. Unless the only thing you have is a name, they do not have a 10 minute option. Commend them for their capitalism, but they are neither easy, courteous nor helpful. Do not waste your time on this service, but do go to your local library, SCORE, SBDC or SBA office. Good luck in all your ventures and luck favors the prepared and hard working.

Charles Blaskoski
October 29th, 2016

I recently used this service for lease agreements for my tenants. The process was so easy from my mobile phone that I had to come here and leave a review. I could have cancelled within 7 days and it would have all been free, however I was so impressed with how easy and thorough it was that I decided to keep it. Just for the ease of use if you have rental units this is a great tool where you can create lease agreements on the fly and send from your mobile phone. Great product, great design and ease of use.

Jim
October 13th, 2016

Just another scam when they're done they want your credit card information nothing is free on this website

Rhonda R.
September 15th, 2016 Ocala, FL

I paid LawDepot $18.95 for a Quit Claim form but it has absolutely no options for addressing a percentage of ownership or survivorship. Total waste of my money.

Daniel Boiani
September 1st, 2016

It is utterly ridiculous to believe "do-it-yourself" forms can replace or reduce your need for actual legal advice. FULL DISCLOSURE: I am a family law lawyer with 25 years experience. To think that clients are led to believe they can prepare their own separation agreements and just get a lawyer to "sign off" is appalling and completely m,misrepresents what the process of family law and separation is all about. I strongly urge people to please please please consider investing in quality legal representation to prepare such an important agreement. Any decent lawyer will charge pretty much the same fee to give legal advice on a do-it-yourself document anyway. Just let the pro do it. You are way better off.

Bioll Lalinde
March 5th, 2016 Epping, NH

Why do I need a darn subscription when I need one document? Chances are that I do not need many documents in my life time. This is obviously a rip off.

Todd Kachinski Kottmeier
February 4th, 2016 Saint Paul, MN

Very deceitful. You waste your time filling out the document to realize at the end, that they want your billing information. If it is not a big deal to them, than why hide it on the last page you fill out? Do not waste your time.

Willis
August 18th, 2015 Magnolia, AR

Lead you to believe it's free. It's not. Waste your time and then ask for money. Free trial for a week but you pay on front end and then try to get your refund. Deceived

lisa pfeiffer
June 15th, 2015

advertises as free once you complete, even though free your credit card information is required to proceed