Zoosk

Zoosk Logo

Zoosk

#1 online dating app in the Apple App Store

Positive Zoosk reviews (below) state that the online dating site is easy-to-use, reasonably secure, and a great way to meet locals in the area. However, some reviews reveal that customers weren't happy with how many out-of-date profiles there were and felt that canceling their premium membership was harder than it needed to be.

A bit about the company's background:

Zoosk was founded in December 2007 by two undergraduate students at Sharif University of Technology in Iran: Shayan Zadeh and Alex Mehr. Both Zadeh and Mehr later went on to further their education in the United States. Today, Zoosk.com has over 25 million members in 80 countries. Unlike other dating apps and sites, Zoosk users can utilize their algorithm to find matches, or browse by preference. There is a free version of Zoosk available, and members can use this service easily on their mobile device by downloading Zoosk from the mobile app store.

In 2014, the online dating service lost money for the first time. However, the company attributed this to overspending and over-hiring.

View Best Online Dating Companies

The Good

• Millions of Members
  • Safety Features
  • Online Dating Safety Guide
  • Mobile

Millions of Members

Zoosk is considered the #1 online dating service today with over 25 million users using their site. Members can connect online or download the Zoosk mobile app to their phone from the iTunes, Amazon, or Google Play store. Zoosk members can also connect their account to Facebook so that they can stay connected with their dating friends they are already linked to online. On top of having a high number of registered users, they also have many site visitors. On average, Zoosk sees over one million hits on their site each day. That means that people are actively searching for matches, not just signing up and then leaving. This number doesn't include the number of people who log into the Zoosk app each day. The vast number of people on this site ensures that there are more potential matches for its users.

Safety Features

Zoosk also offers a Photo Verification Feature that users can opt into. With this feature, you can take a current picture of yourself from various angles. With the verification software, Zoosk can determine if your photos are an accurate representation of yourself. As far as we can tell, Zoosk is the only online platform that offers a tool like this. A photo identification tool is useful for two reasons: to verify that Zoosk users aren't robots and to verify that users genuinely are whom they say they are (this also helps discourage the creation of fake profiles).

Online Dating Safety Guide

Zoosk has an entire page on their site that is dedicated to online safety. This page gives tips on creating a safe Zoosk profile, meeting in-person, and identifying scammers. Users are encouraged to use 'sound judgment' and report and/or block members. While these are great tools, the Zoosk dating app does not perform background checks or criminal screenings for any Zoosk profile or member.

Mobile

Zoosk is one of the rare online dating sites with a good interface for web and mobile. On Google Play, the Zoosk dating app has 390,000+ reviews and an average rating of 4/5 stars. The iOS app, has over 65,000 reviews and a score of 4.4/5.

The Bad

• Poor Match Quality
  • More Expensive

Poor Match Quality

Zoosk doesn't offer many filters specific to members spirituality or personal values.  This is a more superficial dating site and doesn't leave room for much personal connection on beliefs or more serious details. Though standard features on Zoosk are free, there's a lot of ways this site will try to get you to subscribe or pay for their service. To get these additional features, you'd have to upgrade your membership which can be pricier than other dating sites. The Zoosk membership starts at $29.95 month if you choose just one month of service. Otherwise, they have a 3-month option, and a 6-month option available for a discounted rate. However, Zoosk does have a new tool called SmartPick. SmartPick monitors the behavior of each user - whom they message, what profiles they look at, and so on. Gathering this information helps Zoosk suggest matches. Those who are looking for a relationship may find SmartPicks very helpful. Those who care less about matches can browse profiles on Zoosk.

More Expensive

Zoosk lets members use "Zoosk coins" or earn these by using Zoosk services. Sometimes these coins are required to use some of the Zoosk services. Members can either pay for additional coins or look for free incentives on the site to earn their own coins without paying. The following features are included only with a paid membership:

• Send messages
  • Chat with other subscribers
  • See profiles of those who have seen yours
  • Connect with SmartPick (matches couples up based on survey questions)

On top of the monthly membership cost of Zoosk, if users want premium membership features, such as self-promotion, they must buy additional coins. Not only is the pricing of Zoosk confusing, but it is more than initially advertised.

The Bottom Line

Zoosk is a reasonable option for online daters anywhere. This site offers many dating features free of charge that allow members a decent chance to connect and send messages to other Zoosk members. The site provides quick results for little cost. This company deals with their members well, so if there's ever an issue with membership, users can quickly get answers they need and resolve their complaint quickly. Though there aren't many extras or unique features this site does well by keeping their online dating site relatively simple and easy to use.

If members decide to upgrade, Zoosk has a better reputation than most online dating companies, adding more value to this online dating site than others.

View Best Online Dating Companies

1.3

Juni Pearson
May 13th, 2019 DETAILS

I was very disappointed with Zoosk. They send automated messages to trick you into signing up. One month with Zoosk, then I cancelled.

UPFF
May 2nd, 2019 Menominee, MI DETAILS

Stay away from Zoosk. I joined for a month and cancelled my subscription immediately so I wouldn't be charged for a second month. I was charged anyway, and they refuse to refund my credit card even though I caught it the day it posted. You have to hit the cancel button in about 5 consecutive screens before it actually cancels the subscription. I received emails telling me I had a messages from a member, but when I clicked the link it took me to a page that said I didn't have any messages. There were a few interesting people on the site, but I never heard back from any of them. I did a little research and found some were fake. One had a verified picture, but it turns out the picture was one Demi Lovato posted of herself w/o makeup.

Ant Rawlins
April 25th, 2019 DETAILS

I recently joined zoosk and I’ve found it’s terrible ! I believe there’s fake profiles , some maybe genuine, but not many I feel like I’ve wasted my time and money

jesus L
April 12th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

unfortunate i spent so much money and just a few days i already realized how bad a decision this was. pay to talk, pay extra so others can talk to you without paying. not really any way to narrow down searches. whenever i try the carousel feature i didn't know it immediately sends hearts to every single person. most people don't put anything in their bios and im someone who doesnt look at faces but stories to give me an idea if i'd like them or not. it doesn't tell you how long someone has been offline or if their profile SHOULD be active. overall really bummed out

Rachel Miller
April 10th, 2019 DETAILS

Wish I'd found this site BEFORE I stupidly signed up for three mos. It's AWFUL. There is next to no way to set up criteria for people who might be a good match, unless you do it in the SEARCH function. Every day I get "smart picks" - and while in my 'story' I've indicated higher education, fit, within 50 miles, non-smokers, I get sent profiles from 250 miles away, men who look like my grandfather or an extra in a Hells Angels movie (nothing against bikers, but that's NOT what I'm looking for.) There's no way to delete someone from the list of people who are interested in you except to BLOCK them. It's a lousy site overall, not user-friendly, and certainly not interested in anything but making $$ for themselves. Reported a guy who admitted he was married, they did nothing. Haven't run across any serious problems yet, but in the time I have left on there I am sure I will run into some weirdos. FYI - even if you cancel with them (which only means you won't be auto-renewed) you have to send a snail mail letter demanding that ALL your information be removed from the site .... that's why it looks like there are so many members. No one gets deleted unless you tell them to.

Looking for a Partner
April 1st, 2019 DETAILS

Zoosk does a poor job of matching. All dating sites have the same problem, they match you with people out of your distance range. They also decide what age group you should be matched with. While you pay for a subscription, they are always trying to sell you something else to enhance your experience. Since your experience is poor to start with adding in more money isn't going to make any difference. I am an older woman over 70 and the men on Zoosk as is the same on other dating sites are looking for much younger women. All in all these sites are a waste of time and money

Ann Cooper
March 26th, 2019 Montgomery, AL DETAILS

This review comes from 5 years of off and on membership in 30-90 day increments in search of a possible Long Term Relationship with a male between 55-65 years. At great expense per outcome, this endeavor resulted in two miserable dates and one stalker. The stalker would have been a date, but I caught him trying to put Valium in my soda while I was the ladies room. I walked out to find him doing this, so I left. Six months later he showed up at the airport following me on my vacation out of country! IMHO here’s the scoop for men of this age group online at Zoosk: 80 percent fake profiles, 10 percent identity theives, 5 percent are marrieds looking for pen pals and 5 percent poor souls like me looking for love in all the wrong places. The memberships are fake and numbers inflated to make the buyer feel like it is a good investment. Buyer beware!

Roggan Graham
March 20th, 2019 Mt. Pleasant, SC DETAILS

DO NOT PAY THEM ANY MONEY!!! I cannot emphasize this enough. When I tried to cancel, Zoosk sent me a message that my account was cancelled, but I could continue to use it until my subscription term was done. Ummm, that's not how a cancellation works, Zoosk. There are many fake & inactive profiles here. The final straw was after being a member for a week, getting a nice message & responding within 3 minutes. Zoosk told me that the member had cancelled their account. Sure, that makes sense. Don't waste your time & especially not your money with these thieves.

K. Parker
March 6th, 2019 Brevard, NC

Please, don't do it! Even calling a customer service rep to ask how to use the site is impossible! And I've only been a paid subscriber for two days. The most ridiculous and time consuming farce I've ever gotten myself into by not reading the fine print. Silly girl. I'm done. I'll go out and use my time wisely, as someone else here said, by volunteering in my community. Could net me at least one real date.

Donna
February 14th, 2019 Oyster Bay, NY DETAILS

It took me about 3 weeks to get fed up with zoosk. Their site navigation sucks. Be prepared to get a ton of error messages. After cancelling my subscription (I paid for six months and only used three weeks), they are still sending me texts saying people are messaging me. I'm trying to find out if my profile is still on there, which infuriates me. How can we not have control over our own life, face, and information? I would give this site no stars if it wasn't for some nice men that I met on there, but everyone tells me match is far superior a site to use.

utahslcjay
February 6th, 2019 North Salt Lake, UT DETAILS

Zoosk is not trustworthy in ways that hurt if you pay for the service. Zoosk claims to have millions of members. Less than one in four may be a legitimate active member. The millions of profiles of people that are likely scammers or profiles of people who are not actively using Zoosk waste your money, frustrate you, and cost you precious days of your life lost in willful illusion. Many of the profiles are of people who never were active users. Zoosk edits anything posted to Zoosk to remove any disclosure of the profile's inactive status or dissatisfaction with Zoosk. Other services may also bloat their user base with phony profiles. I doubt though that any has the huge number that Zoosk has - or anything close. Zoosk functionality is weak and some flaws are chronic. The "matches" Zoosk shows are often ludicrous and contradictory when you compare your profile with the Zoosk match. The Zoosk SmartPick function has never reliably functioned. Zoosk's billing and collection practices appear to blatantly disadvantage their customers. Zoosk could make Wells Fargo's greedy fraudulant customer treatment look friendly by comparison. Zoosk appears to care little about failing to provide the service promised. Zoosk employees only "apologize" for the untruths told by other employees. There is no apparent institutional honesty. A BBB Better Business Bureau rating is paid for by the business and is not a reliable indicator of the rated business's honesty.

MARIAN
January 31st, 2019 Beachwood, OH DETAILS

Their system generated automated message that you respond to and gets no response is very disheartening when u are looking to communicate with that person Now I know why and that Carousel match it a joke I'm through with any online dating services especially ZOOSK I found someone but I never got to chat because of the additional cost It all about the mighty dollar and nothing is 'free''

Stevie
January 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

Very bad dating app all about money and no support for issues! Recently my subscription cost me $239.98 Australian dollars for 6 months overcharged or a scam and then I had problems with chats or messages could not used them at all even asking for more money! I had submitted a number of complaints 20 -30 nothing happened to fix the issues had this problem also last year. My only option is to make a complaint to itunes for a full refund! Zoosk is about money and very poor on support!

Calvin
January 17th, 2019 Stratham, NH DETAILS

First off, I chuckled when I saw one of the pros mentioned of Zoosk is that it had an A+ rating from the BBB. Seriously? That's the best you can do? Anybody with a whimper of a pulse knows that BBB ratings are a complete farce in the year 2019. It amounts to as much as utilizing Wikipedia for your research project. Just the mention alone of Zoosk utilizing fake profiles to bait people into paying should be cause for a class action lawsuit. How can this be readily professed, yet your still going to give a halfway decent review to these scam artists? I had the same thing happen to me. Tried several different sites, and the one message I would always get, came within a day after I joined, from some attractive lady supposedly in my vicinity. But there was no way to read or respond without first forking over your cc info. Then she of course would not reply. Since then, no messages in a month from anybody, except those lame emoji/heart symbols from somebody 100 miles away, and often looks like Jabba the Hut. No coincidence. These guys, POF, and Match are all scams: specially if you are a guy. Get involved in your community: you'll be less lonely (I didn't feel so lonely until I used a site like Zoosk). Their bait and switch tactics and trying to get you to pay more for stuff needlessly is sleazy. And I've put two and two together to realize some other aspects don't add up: hence don't allow these con artists to think you are nearly the loser you think you are. I believe messages aren't often times even being delivered. For 100% certainty, Zoosk and its competitors are using decoys to sucker people into buying memberships. Three weeks was enough for me, thank you.

Lynn
January 17th, 2019 Hollywood, FL DETAILS

Terrible experience, zoosk has one of the most difficult websites to navigate, and I'm pretty tech savvy. The price they charge is for basics, all they seem to do is find new ways for you to give them more money. I receive tons of emails and could not figure out how to respond in addition to other features that just didn't make sense. I cancelled after 5 days... the charge hadn't even gone thru yet. When it did I called them and boy... worst customer service ever!! They could care less about what my issue was...all I kept hearing was I agreed to their terms and they have a no cancelation policy with refunds... 😳. the rep kept talking over me and could care less about how I felt. Most sites give a week trial, they would avoid these issues if they offered that too. Don't bother with Zoosk, you will have better luck without them!

Kymberlee Yack
January 15th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

i've been using zoosk for awhile now and it is so fun! i love that it's been super safe and reliable so far, because online dating can be a little scary. but i totally trust these guys, i've had really good matches so far!

Hailey Nilson
January 7th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Zoosk is awesome! The site is simple and easy to uses. You always get thorough bios of the people you're interested in, and the quality of people I've met through the site is amazing.

Luigi
January 3rd, 2019 DETAILS

I have used other online dating sites such as Match.com and eHarmony in the past. They both provide good customer service in my opinion. Then I heard about Zoosk via email. What an absolutely horrible experience from an organizational and customer service perspective. It’s generous even giving Zoosk one star out of five. Buyers beware. They are a nightmare to deal with. I purchased a 6-month subscription around mid 2018. Just before my expiry in December 2018, Zoosk sent me an email offering me 25% if I renew. Along with the email, and just after my subscription expired, I also received notifications that people on Zoosk had sent me messages. So I bit and renewed again. Only to discover that I was charged the full amount for 6-months and the messages from these so called “people” appeared computer-generated? So I attempted to contact Zoosk on both the non-discounted price and the assumingly fake profiles out there. They informed me that I needed to pay by credit card (which I did via PayPal) and gave no answer to the seemingly “computer-generated” email messages received from potentially fake profiles. I then contacted PayPal to at least recover the 25% off ($19) --- which they did. About a week later, Zoosk emails me informing me that my subscription was cancelled, yet I paid for 6-months? So I called them. Zero help and wouldn’t even allow me to speak to a supervisor. Exact words from the customer service agent were: “I spoke to them and they do not want to speak to you. Your account has been blocked as it is our company policy to close an account when a dispute is raised via a 3rd party.” I then inquired that when I get my full refund via PayPal (for obvious reasons), what would stop me from re-joining Zoosk (just to see what he would say)? To which the agent responded, “Sir, you have every right to attempt to re-join, but there is no guarantee that our system will not pick it up and block you.” I’ll end by saying I simply wanted to be treated like a customer who has genuine concerns and honest questions. Why they chose to skate around the “real truth” and force me to gain mediation via PayPal is mind-boggling? Save you money folks and happy searching.

DG
January 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Scan site, profiles with contact information allowed. Zoosk blocks your account if you call them out on lies. Criminal activity, fake profiles...con artist!

Hairlena
December 10th, 2018 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

It is constantly asking for more money to talk to people and send you fake messages and likes its stupid .

Abigail scoville
November 2nd, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I downloaded this with very high hopes but they were crushed as I found that zoosk was very hard to navigate. I had no idea how to work the app and had to delete it after a few days out of pure confusion.

cami harward
October 30th, 2018 American Fork, UT

I like zoosk but I haven't dated anyone from this website yet. There is a lot of people. I wish it had a few different choices of topics to choose from

BILL
October 18th, 2018 Barnstead, NH DETAILS

I have tried most other dating sites and came over to Zoosk hoping for a better experience. Like all dating sites, IMO women are looking for someone who does not exist and men don't want to "settle" so it is a swipe left and right experience with no communication. Zoosk force feeds views between folks who search and I believe that they fake match people trying to force communication. I receive views that are the same people every day, often for weeks on end. Trying to communicate to those people they say that they did not view me and are not interested and low and behold, they show up as viewing me the next day. When they show a "smartpick" you can click on that profile and it takes you to other profiles but never that profile. Once a profile is on the site, it stays there and one woman I know said that she quit Zoosk two years ago and has found a new husband when I told her that I saw her on the site. It seems as if Zoosk is run by an algorithm and that humans do not exist as they never answer emails. As an experiment, I clicked the heart on every single profile on daily matches, got 7 views and not one person commented back. I believe Zoosk is a scam.

Dylan Findlay
August 28th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Zoosk is a great dating website to meet people...But you can only communicate with paying customers unless one of you has a premium account. Too many people on here who don't have a subscription so you're basically just looking around.

Mike
August 28th, 2018 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS

I decided to try Zoosk out with the one month subscription. It took about the whole month to realize what they were up to, and how things worked. I met a few very nice ladies, and though no romantic connection, we are now friends, and communicate regularly. There are way to many notification emails, which got very annoying, and constant interruptions while browsing to buy coins... and so on! Read the other reviews here, 99% are accurate! My subscription expired, and suddenly Zoosk is sending emails that my account is “delinquent”, and that it won’t be renewed because of “non-payment”! Lol! By design,...... I used a prepaid card when I signed up, and made sure there weren’t any funds in it come auto renew time!! Oh, and I had “cancelled” the auto renew, guess what....... didn’t work.....! Don’t waste your money on Zoosk!

Theresa Lopez
August 13th, 2018 Nanuet, NY DETAILS

Zoosk uses every and any attempt at taking your money from the minute you sign up. You will first get a fake message from a random person, who you'll never hear back from. Even if you decide to waste money on a paid subscription, Zoosk falsely advertises as there is No way to be able to view other members' facebook or other 'supposedly linked accounts'. The only way you can talk to others, is if they are also paying customers. This greatly decreases the odds if you like someone who was smart enough not to waste their money. There is absolutely no way to contact them. Save hiring a private detective, which would be creepy. Zoosk does not ever delete older profiles, which makes things worse. Even if you live right outside NYC, and do not want to bother with an extra or a commute for dating, you will find there is only a tiny selection available at all in your area. Most of the results that show will be inactive accounts, prostitutes, and in some cases high school kids. It really is a waste of money, Zoosk will attempt to trap you into renewing your subscription unless you really do your homework to locate customer service and threaten lawyers. The sad thing is, Zoosk is supposedly better and is than many other sites such as match.com. If there was an option in which ALL members could be reachable until the said members decided to cancel and remove their profiles from view, it would truly make for a more marketable commodity. Yet seeing how Zoosk wants money at every corner, it will remain impossible to contact the woman you thought beautiful, unless you want to really be creepy and hire a private investigator. This leaves members feeling disillusioned and distrustful of the entire online dating services and sites, and more apt to stay single and go it alone.

Don U
July 2nd, 2018 Los Angeles, CA

After looking all over the Zoosk website I couldn’t find out what it actually cost for a subscription. I had to read and familiarize myself with all kinds of stuff regarding their site and how they do things, but nothing that told me “how much”. This type of concealing behavior, combined with a little too familiar and friendly tone, all while being pushy toward my actually becoming a member, is not something I want to take from a salesperson or a website. It can border on coming off as sociopathic. I decided they were impressing me quite the wrong way, and from a little I read about them from forums that look at dating services, I believe it would only get worse the more I got to know them and who they were. So, I’ve decided to skip them all together band to advise all others when reading their deceptive website: “Caveat Lector"

GARY L MOORE
April 26th, 2018 Rockford, IL DETAILS

I am an older guy and Zoosk is the best I have found, a large base of locals and tolerable management. If you go to Match, you better have some killer photos and write a great profile, they are qute the picky bunch. POF always seemed low end to me and membership seems stagnant. OK Cupid is a nice dating site, but membership is low in my area. I think you would do well on there if you were in Southern California. I also like the questions feature. Hope this helps.. good luck.

douglas lodge
April 19th, 2018 Allentown, PA DETAILS

Was a paid subscriber for 2 years and in that time only got to meet 2 woman, one that I had contacted and one who initially contacted me. needless to say neither worked out. I had a very nice honest and professional profile with current pics and had sent messages to a few hundred woman telling them that I liked their profile and was interested in chatting and if both parties felt mutual then meet them. Not one reply only much younger woman were interested. I am 54 and not in the least interested in a 20 year old. I have also been on other dating sites and know how to spot the fake profiles and sent Zoosk messages about this and proof of fake profiles, telling the to do a photo search on one of the sites that show known scammers and you would see the exact same photo on their site as in the fake zoos profile. needless to say nothing was done, I also noticed a few potential profiles that I was interested in and had even tried to contact but in my 2 years have never seen them online, many old profiles and maybe fake to get you interested in a subscription. I know that I myself would not pay for a subscription and never be online, something fishy on that on. I also had the site crash on my Mac computer and the only thing that i had got and saw when i logged in was a flashing heart, had contacted zoosk support before 5pm, no hours after that and was told to change my browser, sounds funny that it had worked a few weeks prior to that with no issues and with me not doing any updates at all. customer service is next to non existent and i had to use a cancel wizard to cancel my subscription. I still have my profile listed as i now keep getting email from them telling me someone has sent me a message, more then 15 of them in approx a month never got even half that in the 2 years that i was a member, sounds funny to me. I also thought that my profile should not be listed as i am no longer a member of this site. total scam if you ask me and the government should crack down on these rip off sites and close the bad ones down buyer beware

Terry
March 5th, 2018 DETAILS

It's horrible! Once you subscribe, they won't let you unsubscribe and they automatically charge you for a new term whenever the old one expires. You will waste either money or time trying to put an end to the madness.

Jay
February 20th, 2018 DETAILS

Not at encouraging. Messages I can't read to determine if it is genuine contact even though they took my money soon enough to be able to do exactly that. Useless search engine as no way to log profiles you may be interested in. I can't see how anyone will meet anyone on this site unless you are both extremely lucky. Just a hopeless and not genuine site is my conclusion after just 2 months.

Kim
February 5th, 2018 Eagle, ID DETAILS

I had to give them 5 stars because I found the love of my life from this site. We are still together since that first blind date January 2014. While everyone may not find their match this way, i had to share how this site has brought me more true love and joy than than ive ever felt in all my 45 years of life. Thank you thank you thank you.

Ken Wilson
January 31st, 2018 DETAILS

At the Consumers Affairs website, Zoosk gets one 1 star out of 5 - people are very unhappy with their experience at Zoosk. Bad enough that the site doesn't work properly, let's scammers post there, contains ancient, out-of-date and non-members profiles, sends false positive results and wants you to PAY for any number of services that should be included (like at other dating sites)....the worst thing is their 'Auto Renew' policy. THEY DO NOT WARN YOU when it's time to renew and that they are going to do it. You find out after the fact and they REFUSE to give a refund! This is the business model of Fraud and Scam businesses. Ya, sure they put that condition in the fine print when you sign-up, but they know that most people will forget, and they are literally BANKING on that, so they don't warn you ahead of time. They just take your money.

Kimberly King
January 29th, 2018 Baltimore, MD DETAILS

I signed up for the service a few days ago. I realized i didn't want the service anymore. I called to ask for a refund and tgey denied me a refund. Thats a real rip off and i do Not want to use their service ever again because of their dumb policy. If im no longer using a service i paid for, my money should be refunded. I will gey in comtact with The Better Business Bureau.

Debra
November 17th, 2017 Holliston, MA DETAILS

I was new to online dating..was going to try it for $29.95 for 1 month Somehow I got charged $99.95 for 1 yr I called to report the mistake..they would not give a refund . I ended up paying 99.95 for coins..in which you can't even use to communicate with anyone who has messaged you. Customer service said I had 1800 coins...when I tried to use them . I was told I only had 352 left..OMG where did all the coins go ??? Customer service did not have an answer... Left feeling totally ripped off...and they get away with this...

George
November 3rd, 2017 Williamstown, NJ DETAILS

They charged my card after I said I didn't auto renew. You can't contact them so I called pay pal. they gave them the money and zoosk closed my account. NO money No service.

JOHN Aslan
October 17th, 2017

I was charged twice in 4 days apart,Coin payments .Payment ! was for 180 coins I spent or wasted 30 and did not get Even a reply message.Four days later I made another coin payment 30 coins and a second payment was deducted from my direct debit account. have got nowhere or reply or help typing as to why can a debit charge for another180coins be taken This more than proves zoost cant be trusted with the power of card details.

BRUCE SMITH
October 16th, 2017

Problem with zoosk is i waste my time looking at women who dont use the site. If people dont use the site within 7 days they shouldnt be visable.

Michael Yester
October 11th, 2017 Greenville, NC

I subscribed a year ago for their service. I felt it was okay, really only talked and met one person. Otherwise nobody else I reached out to was a paid member. Luckily, I was able to cancel before it renewed. Just like in the article, I paid for the service just to find the message I wanted to see was an automated. That left a bad taste.

Gareth
October 4th, 2017

Most of its fake, people have to pass your profile to browse. The app then alerts you that someone has viewed your profile, nope they just skipped by. So it can make a frequent browser look like they are interested by it saying they've viewed your profile 25 times in one day. Contact them and you can get a very abrupt reply. Another fake feature is the 'someone wants to meet you'. Wow really? They never viewed my profile, they never chatted, best of all they never knew I existed. Unfortunately you have to pay a lot of money to find out what a scam this site is. Don't waste your cash, use a free site.

Debbie Schneider
August 14th, 2017

I joined the South African site and so far only mostly met men who had fake I.D's, stolen profile pictures (although photo verified by Zoosk) who appeared on Pigbusters (Scammer site) and on Romancescammers.com. After a week's chatting and wanting to meet them they need to leave town. Then has a financial crisis and needs money. Tineye Reverse Image helped me a lot to Identify some of them. I am yet to meet a real person on site. Think twice before joining. There are better sites.

William R. Schlecht
August 14th, 2017

Carousel doesn't allow user to Like someone after you have clicked on finding more about them. I then paid $20 (minimum amount) for "coins" to "unlock" carousel. I assumed this would allow this to fix this shortcoming. No fix. You click and this causes the person you are interested to vanish. No moniker. No search for monikers like match.com. Waste of money. The other match method provided is by way of unique matches where you CAN pull up info without losing out on the ability to communicate with the person. However, over time, out of 17-20 matches, 15-20 of them are the SAME matches.

KENNETH H KAISER
August 7th, 2017

Zoosk starts out seemingly fine. Then it turns out they are shady and not trying to match you with anyone. They ignore your distance preference, showing you members 100 - 2000 miles away. They tell you someone viewed your profile when they swiped by it. If you start deleting members from the list of who viewed you that person gets notified that you viewed them so the same people you deleted are right back trying to talk to you. They have a thing they offer to put your account on hold so you can take a break and not get bothered and come back when you want but they don't tell you that your membership keeps rolling and when you get back you have no more paid membership it expired. You have to pay again. How shady is that? There is much more but no room here to tell it all. Otherwise just like other sites. A lot of women that just want attention and women who think they are hotter than they are really because of the ratio of men to women and even a troll feminist will get 50 messages a day from desperate men who would mate with a wombat if they could catch one. So they think they can be snotty and reject men that in real life they would need new underwear if he even smiled at her. I'm sure their are some real winners when it comes to the available men on that site also. So, same thing just shadier business practices than other dating sites.

MM
June 21st, 2017

I had a pretty good experience on Zoosk: I would give it a 10 if it were free, but other than it being paid I have no major complaints. I went on four dates in two months with women I met on the site, and I ended up dating one of them for a few months. I am now back on the site after a break. I love the photo verification feature: I only message with women who are photo verified (I didn't see this feature on Match, POF, or any of the other major sites) so I generally know I am not talking to scammers. I also like that it is very easy to cancel a subscription online without having to call.

Lawrence Howell
April 17th, 2017 Seattle, WA

The absolute worst of the many online dating services.I signed up after spotting, during their free trial, someone of interest in a nearby city because I had to join to email this person. Once they had my money (almost $80), that person in the nearby city did not appear anymore. They said that they couldn't control that. It was blatant misrepresentation and criminal deceit. Within the hour, I complained about the lies and got only response that I could cancel my account, but no refund. Since I was trapped I decided to see if the service had any merits, but the website is useless. Searches ignore the settings preferences that I set. There is no way to keep a list of any profile of interest except by actually contacting that person instantly. A simple way of being able to save profiles without contact is a no-brainer in my opinion. They have some sort of carousel BS that helps them match you. It is a farce. I received plenty of contacts from interested women, but even if I have deleted them they continue to appear in my contacted folder. They are immune from the law being based in Canada. I am going to spend every chance I get reporting and warning people about Zoosk. I have belonged to other services. This is the worst. Way past bordering on criminal misrepresentation.BEWARE I liked: Very little. I didn't like: Automatic billing of cc no refund on day 1 of service complaint. Plus I am confident that they sold my phone number and who knows what other data to telemarketers.

ContactZoosk
December 26th, 2016

A way to get instant response from ZOOSK customer support! Signed up for free account. Discovered I was getting way to many emails a day, pushing me to pay money, pay money, pay money. I tried to stop the emails by using the unsubscribe listed at end of incoming emails. Nothing worked. I started looking for contact info on site. Nada. Finally I searched online for contact info to remove my account. Couldn't locate anyway to contact the people who run this site. Saw lots of complaints about this dating service. Thought thank goodness I didn't give them my cc info. This could have been so much worse. Still I was annoyed that I couldn't get anyone to remove my profile nor was there an easy to remove profile button anywhere to be found nor get anyone to even acknowledge me. So I figured I could at least have some free fun marketing of my annoyance. I was laughing creating this fictitional person. I changed my name on the site to "SiteEatsManure". The in my story 'about me' I listed my travails in trying to get removed. In the 'ideal first date' I wrote :'sitting in courtroom as judge handed down millions in awards for damages in the class action suit brought against Zoosk for being unable and totally unwilling to stop the harassment'. I then posted my favorite picture of Sophia Loren. Complete with subtitle including her name and the credits to Getty Library. To my total amazement within 30 minutes site came back approving my new online datesite name. My roommate who had listened to me complain and my resulting writeup about the problem thought my solution hysterical. I figured one might as well have fun. I never expected to get any response other than from more men I would never consider dating. Low and behold within a couple hours my sitename was disapproved. The following morning there were emails stating that "your updates were declined for not following Zoosk's guidelines" really!!! I cannot imagine why not. LMAO. Finally I got another email from Zoosk, low and behold a customer support person actually wrote back! (A HUMAN FINALLY CONTACTED ME VIA EMAIL!) which read we have removed your profile as requested! Hummmmm. I HAD NO WAY TO CONTACT ANYONE TO REQUEST THE REMOVAL OF MY NON-ACCOUNT! The entire funny (ok obnoxious) skit was manufactured to make it possible to laugh over these clowns. I wasn't expecting to actually be able to get the attention of anyone at the site! Much less have a customer support person contact me via email. At any rate. For those of you who haven't been able to get a word in edgewise nor even a contact link to a company that refuses any sort of email contact, try the way I did. At least creative answers to dating questions apparently gets their attention. Who the heck thinks up a paid dating site that disables any sort of email contact with any sort of customer support? I guess they are losing money and cannot afford customer support. Plus the suggested dates were disasters or many 'suggested' pics of same very attractive men from other sites using same pictures of men doing things I said I enjoyed! What rubbish! They are clearly marketing ads, not real life men searching for a partner and friend in life. Hey maybe they will use my pic of Sophia Loren as bait for the men!!!

Sherry Pendleton
April 21st, 2016 Kansas City, MO

Your such thief's! Your " buying coins option" is proof that what your company offers and what you really get are completely fake! Your company really messed up when you took photos from my FaceBook page and posted photos of a 15 yr. old girl without permission! What were you thinking?! Seemed your company was attempting to attract pedifiles. Surely you did not mistake a 15 year old girl with a 59 year old woman!? That particular little girl's daddy is a homicide detective, he is my son in law. And feels the internet is an aweful tool for children. I used to argue with him about it, but he proved me wrong. I am extremely careful with the internet now, your company made me aware how easy one little piece of information can really real havoc on a person. PEOPLE-be careful, very careful!

Jm
April 8th, 2016 Ringoes, NJ

There is no way to change settings, cancel, or contact anyone. I have unsubscribed to email notifications multiple times but i continue to receive them.

larysa
December 15th, 2015 Owens Cross Roads, AL

The biggest rip off site. Even if you pay the membership they still want additional fees for finding out and contacting interested parties... No other site gigs you for additional money for standard services.

manuel rosales
July 28th, 2015 Sioux City, IA

It was really bad! I was only scammed for money. Their is a lot of scammers on your site.