Zoosk Logo

Zoosk

6.0

LAST UPDATED: October 11th, 2021

Zoosk has over 40 million members worldwide, with more than 3 million messages sent per day. Unlike other dating apps and sites, Zoosk users can utilize their algorithm to find matches, or browse by preference. Users are evenly split between males and females, providing you a great chance of finding your true love. There is a free version of Zoosk available, and members can use this service easily on their mobile device by downloading Zoosk from the mobile app store. It is also available via Amazon and Facebook Apps.

report_problem

Attention: Zoosk reviews reveal subpar customer service and other concerns.

Positive Zoosk reviews (below) state that the online dating site is easy to use, reasonably secure, and a great way to meet locals in the area. However, the majority of user reviews reveal that customers aren't happy with the number of out-of-date profiles, fake accounts, and scammers on Zoosk. Other reported issues include subpar customer service and difficulty canceling a premium membership or deleting Zoosk accounts.

Keep reading to learn more about Zoosk pros and cons or read feedback from real users.

The Good

• Easy Profile Set Up
  • Match and Search Features
  • Dating Insights and Advice
  • Zoosk Couples

Easy Profile Set Up

Signing up for Zoosk doesn't take quite as long as some other online dating sites with in-depth personality questionnaires, like eHarmony, EliteSingles, and Match.com. Either an email address or a Facebook account is required to register online. If you sign up with Facebook, you can easily upload a profile picture from your account. You can create a Zoosk profile in about 10 minutes (depending on how much information you give).

The site asks for basic information such as height, gender, body type, children, education, religion, a few pictures, and other information to help members get better matches. There’s an option to add a 1,500 character story to your profile. You can also describe your perfect match or ideal date in 1,500 characters each.

Each Zoosk member can input their interests and go into detail on what their ideal date would be. Each user has the option to verify their Zoosk profile with their social media, either a Twitter or Facebook account. You can also use photo verification or verify your account with a cell phone number. This helps to improve  your reputation on Zoosk.

The Zoosk mobile app also makes it easy to update any information and find potential matches. The dating app is available to download Zoosk in the app store for iOS devices Android devices.

Match and Search Features

Zoosk gives you plenty of options for interacting and matching with other users. Unlike many dating websites that it competes with, Zoosk's dating platform lets a person experience both major types of online dating in one service: scientific matchmaking based on an algorithm and location pairing for nearby matches. Zoosk members can also connect by searching for profiles using advanced filters, chatting with users online, and sorting profiles on carousel.

Scientific Matching

Zoosk has a premium feature called SmartPick, which evaluates your compatibility with other Zooskers. It uses Behavioral Matchmaking technology to learn from which profiles you like or pass on to streamline your match suggestions in the future. It also offers a survey to help you get more compatible matches. You will find your match suggestions in the SmartPick feature.

Location Pairing

This section lets users search through local singles, with lots of search filter options, including a geo radius of 3 to 100 miles. You can even save search parameters for easy access later.

Filtered Searches

Users can search for matches with Zoosk’s advanced filters. Narrow down your search by height, gender, body type, children, smoking habits, education, religion. If you find a potential match, let them know you are interested by sending them a like, smile, or message.

Real-Time Interactions

The “Online Now” feature allows you to chat with other users who are currently on the app. You don’t have to wait and wonder if someone will log back on and view your message. With the “Online Now” feature, you know you are connecting with an active user.

Carousel Sorting

The carousel feature is similar to the Tinder matching system. Users quickly determine their interest in another Zoosk member based on condensed profiles. You can select yes, no, or maybe on each profile. If you both get a mutual yes, you can start messaging one another. This is also one of the features that helps determine the SmartPick matches.

Dating Insights and Advice

Zoosk's blog is filled with hundreds of articles about online dating. Members can read through the articles to get dating advice, learn how to stay safe while online dating, learn how to send and respond to messages, and find the latest dating studies. There are even articles about marriage and ways to make a long-term relationship last.

Zoosk Couples

Zoosk has an entire success story page showing off the men and women who have used Zoosk and found love. The site shares the stories of couples who are currently in a long-term, serious relationship, married, or happily in love because of Zoosk.

While this isn't a dealbreaker for whether people should sign up for the site, it is nice to see couples who have braved the online dating world and found love.

The Bad

• Consumer Complaints
  • Limited Virtual Dating Options
  • Pay to Message, Chat, and Use Other Features
  • Coin Costs and Limitations
  • Automatic Renewal
  • No Refunds
  • Does Not Attempt to Verify Information
  • No Customer Support Hotline

Consumer Complaints

Out of more than 80 BestCompany reviews collected, the average Zoosk review rating is less than 1.5 stars out of five.

What are the biggest complaints that people have about this online dating service and app?

• Fake profile issues — Many people feel that Zoosk is littered with fake profiles and online scammers.
  • User experience — The dating site is mentioned several times as overly difficult to navigate.
  • Customer service — Several reviews report that Zoosk customer support is subpar at best.
  • Bait and switch messages — Many report that the platform is regularly sending bogus messages to get non-paying Zoosk free members to sign up for a paid membership.

Additional common complaints include how difficult it is to delete your Zoosk account or cancel a premium membership and the excessive push for basic account members to make in-app purchases.

Limited Virtual Dating Options

Zoosk does not partner with a video chat service. Competing online dating sites have a feature that allows you to set up a virtual date. This is a disadvantage for long-distance relationships or socially distanced dates.

Pay to Message, Chat, and Use Other Features

Customers looking to sign up for a Zoosk subscription can pay per month or choose between three-month or six-month subscription options. You will also need to pay an additional one-time activation fee when you upgrade to a paid Zoosk membership.

Online daters will have to sign up for one of Zoosk's monthly subscriptions to message, chat, see who's viewed them, and see Connections from SmartPick and Carousel.

While free members can see full profiles of other members in Online Now and Search, there isn't much more that you can do on Zoosk for free. The Zoosk free trial is merely for those looking to see how the site works and if it's right for them.

If you want to message anyone on the Zoosk app, you will need to become a premium member.

Coin Costs and Limitations

Like most online dating platforms, Zoosk offers subscription plans and online currency purchases. Zoosk cost is comparable to other online paid dating platforms.

Coins can be purchased by both free members and paid subscribers. Zoosk coins can be used for a variety of features on the platform, including the following:

• Boost — Zoosk highlights your dating profile in search results, inbox messages, and other users' Carousel.
  • Unlock Carousel Matches — Unlock another member's profile, suggested to connect with users that have expressed interest in you.
  • Buy Virtual Gifts — To show interest in another person and differentiate yourself from the crowd, you can use 10 to 100 coins to buy them a virtual gift. Gifts are basically cute little graphics of things like hearts, a gem, lips, a cupcake, a bouquet of flowers, and more.
  • Delivery Confirmations (for paid subscribers only) — Also known in the dating app world as “read receipts,” this option will let you know when another person has opened your chat message
  • Go Invisible — Pay to browse and view member profiles for 30 minutes without being shown in their Views list

Coins can't be used to chat, send, or read messages. You still have to be a paid subscriber to access messaging and chat features. While the coin feature provides users with unique upgrade options, this style of payment can end up adding a lot of frustration on the user side. Even after you upgrade, you will receive notifications to buy coins which could end up costing you a lot more than you originally budgeted.

Automatic Renewal

Zoosk members should know that subscriptions will automatically renew unless the account is canceled before the end of the premium subscription term. This is typical of an online dating subscription but can catch users off guard if they are not anticipating the charge.

No Refunds

In its Terms of Service, this dating website mentions that all charges are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits for any partially used Paid Services (including partially used subscription periods) and Zoosk coin balances.

Does Not Attempt to Verify Information

While users have a slew of Verification options to list their profile as verified, they should also be aware that Zoosk currently does not routinely screen registered users, inquire into the background of its users, attempt to verify information provided by its users or conduct criminal screenings of its users.

This isn't unique. It's pretty common in the online dating industry.

No Customer Support Hotline

If you need help with something, there are only a few options outside of help articles and video tutorials. You can contact customer support through an on-site email form. A customer service hotline is not offered on-site. Additionally, live chat is not a contact option on this platform.

The Bottom Line

People looking for a generic dating site with plenty of users can consider Zoosk as an option. Zoosk is a recognized name, and there are quite a few people who have found success using the site. Setting up a profile is easy and there are some good blog posts on how to navigate the world of online dating.

However, a significant number of consumer reviews reveal some issues with the service that daters might find troublesome. Many customers have a problem with the fact that the site only allows those with paid memberships to use any features. Other online dating sites usually have one or two free features for non-paying members, but Zoosk pretty much requires members to pay to message, chat, or anything else. Once purchasing a subscription, many members felt that it wasn't worth their time and money, as they thought there was a substantial number of scammers and fake profiles.

Overall, we recommend online daters find out more about Zoosk before signing up for a paid subscription and scroll down to read online reviews.

Have you tried out Zoosk in search of your perfect match? How did it go? Would you recommend this dating service to a friend? Let us know about your experience with a quick review below.

1.4

11.11.11 Whitefish, MT

Zoosk uses fraudulent practices to keep consumers interested. Once I got sick of the many fake accounts, I opted out of renewing my subscription. Within hours, I became the most popular man on the internet. I was getting likes from extremely attractive woman. Then I started to notice something, every single “woman” lived in the same town so I looked up the town and in the 2020 census, they had four hundred residents. They where all divorced college graduates without children with only one profile picture. About half of them would send me a message which was just a plain Jane question about “what might your expectations be on this site”? If you notice, it sure reads like it’s from India. However, it didn’t matter because after a few days they would all block me. This happens 100% of the time when I state my intentions are to not give them any more money. It’s an extremely deceptive and illegal business practice.

allan cowin Adelaide, SA

Waste of time and money . want me to pay a third party to contact their help line , another scam they have going . I have one member blocked yet still recieve messages that they have viewed my profile ?? I cant see them since blocking . Fake profiles everywhere . I found a profile I liked approx 100 mile from home and contacted them , alas no reply then I needed to look on the map and realised that it was a small farming community which last time I went had two houses. A wider age search found 13 women with profiles at that location . Australian Census results show 12 residents in total over that area. What a scam . Downloaded the phone APP cannot see profiles or reply to messages without paying another subscription . Also there are different womens profile pictures for the same area which cant be found on the main subscription .

JOHN RACKIEWICZ Bridgeport, CT

First , I will say that I actually have actually gone on dates with ladies i have met on Zoosk .However I will say I have noticed problems with the site that remain to be resolved.Like most people I have multiple email accounts. When I try to open Z from anything but my primary email( I do in fact have a legit paid subscription) they show me who has looked at my profile and tell me I have messages...Fair enough, however when I attempt to open the messages , I am directed to pay for a Subscription ...I have a valid account, even when i look at my account while legitimately logged in via a secondary email address, Z is blocking me from COMPLETELY DIFFERENT search results ,messages, who viewed me , etc etc.Also another issue is the secondary email look at this site shows me many "way more local" ladies than logging in via my primary email. QUESTION...if i have a legit account with a legit username and password , WHY am I getting COMPLETELY DIFFERENT results ????I wish there was a special branch of federal law enforcement that would investigate these clearly obvious modern day lack of specific law skirters...I Have caught them with their pants down ...85% snake oil counting on your subscription $$$.

Toni Montuori

zoOSK is a great place to meet ppl. The service in competitively priced, set up and navigation thru pages is smooth and easy. They have a wide base of clients and are well known. I’ve used zoOSK multiple times over the years without complaint and I would use them again.

Jeff Eugene, OR

It's not an exaggeration to say that 90% + of profiles on Zoosk are scammers and/or fake profiles. They do nothing to block these, in fact I believe they encourage them so as to boost their perceived numbers. Many of the remaining 10% that might be real have not been active on the site for months or years.......... If this site were free, it would be a total waste of time since so many are fake or scammers. Try to contact customer service and they are no where to be found....... Never again Zoosk, I hope you get down for fraud.

Larry Cibulka Ballwin, MO

Zoosk is a trashy dating site. The site send out tons of fake views between members to make them think everyone is checking them out when in fact they aren't. It's hard to tell who is actually interested in you. Also, there are so many scammers on there it is ridiculous. I get at least 5 or 6 messages from scammers every day. Don't know why they can't control this, other dating sites do.

ZOOSKISTHEWORST Odenton, MD

HORRIBLE SITE. I PUT IN MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION AND KEPT GETTING TURNED DOWN. THIS MADE NO SENSE BECAUSE I HAVE PLENTY OF MONEY IN THIS ACCOUNT. WHEN I FINALLY TALKED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON, THEY SAID THATI HAD BEEN BANNED FROM THE SITE..?? COME TO FIND OUT THAT MY BANK REPORTED THE ACTIVITY ON ZOOSK AS "SUSPICIOUS". I STTRAIGHTENED EVERYTHING OUT WITH MY BANK BUT ZOOSK SAID I WAS BANNED WITHOUT A REASON. I ASKED WHAT I COULD DO AND THE PERSON TOLD ME TO SEND TO THEIR LEGAL DEPARTMENT (WHICH I DID, 2 WEEKS AGO). I SENT THEM ANOTHER EMAIL ASKING WHY THERE WAS NO RESPONSE...NOTHING!! THIS SITE IS THE WORST!! HOW DID IT GET VOTED AS ONE OF THE BEST DATING SITES?

Glenna English Decatur, IL

1. It is impossible to actually contact a customer service agent when there is a real problem that requires customer service or technical support. 2. It is also nearly impossible to have your profile deleted. When I attempted to do so, I got an error message stating that I had to first cancel my subscription, which I had ALREADY DONE A MONTH EARLIER thru PayPal. So, in the zoosk subscription page they had erroneously marked my account as delinquent, with NO OPTION TO UNSUBSCRIBE . That meant that I was trapped on the site with no option to unsubscribe so that I could have my profile deleted, another cheap trick for them to keep my profile on the site. I have yet to find a way to actually contact them to fix the problem. 3. I attempted to contact them over a month ago with another issue and it took them 2 weeks to even respond to a simple problem, which I thoroughly explained. Instead of fixing it, they gave me the runaround by stating they needed screen shots--it was a simple problem. They did NOT need screen shots! Needless to say, I just deleted the email, and realized they have no intention of actually assisting any of their subscribers. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PIECE-OF-CRAP SITE!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL, THE CHANCES ARE NEAR ZERO THAT YOU CAN REACH CUSTOMER SERVICE OR TECHNICAL SUPPORT. THERE IS NO INFO I CAN LOCATE ANYWHERE THAT PROVIDES A WAY TO TRULY GET ASSISTANCE. THE SITE IS A SORRY MESS, A JOKE. AND YES, IT IS OVER-RIDDEN WITH SCAMMERS, BOTS, FAKE PROFILES, AND MANY, MANY INACTIVE PROFILES. I HATED HAVING TO GIVE THEM EVEN A ONE-START RATING BUT HAD TO IN ORDER TO FILE MY REVIEW! I WOULD HAVE CHOSEN TO GIVE THEM A NEGATIVE-10 STAR RATING.

Hearts1019 Genoa City, WI

I'm very disappointed by the way of getting info entered. When I tried to set the distance, it wouldn't let me. It just went to auto-set, as well as the age. I was looking at profiles that were literally 1000s of miles away

Gary Todd Las Vegas, NV

After about a week, I was contacted and began a whirlwind romance that was perfect in every way. Then came the sad story that would take $5760 to remedy. I did a background search on this person and found she did not exist in any state despite her Salt Lake City cell phone number. I dodged the scam, but it was a very painful experience just the same.

David Cape Coral, FL

it was a waste of money for me. I messaged a lot of woman, no one answers. Now it could be I'm just too boring and ugly to bother with, But no one answered. It's extremely hard for a man to hook up with a woman there, even to talk. No matter what you do to introduce your self the vast majority of woman ignore you. Thats my experience there. "To ugly and poor to answer"

Lisa Maestas Henderson, NV

Zoosk is a horrible site. I’ve tried letting them know when I found a scammer but couldn’t get through to them. Also, they automatically renewed my membership and when I told them to cancel and reimburse me, no response. I was quite irate with them over that so they went in and deleted my pictures off of my profile stating they weren’t clear (they were very clear) and they had other people in them. I’d had them up over a year and, out of five, only two had another person in them. Couldn’t be more obvious what they were doing. I wouldn’t care at all but it was the kicker after charging me another six months. My suggestion to those thinking of joining, don’t do it. Stay far far away.

Judy DeTuccio West Hartford, CT

Don't understand why PAID MEMBERS. Who contact FREE USERS..send them a message..and THEY CANT READ IT UNTIL THEY SIGN UP FOR A PAYING MEMBERSHIP? Are you kidding? Paid members are blocked..a scam

catherine goodwin Farmville, VA

You do not do a very good job at screening. The person I met on your site is a big scammer. Very upset about paying the money I paid thinking you was a secure site. I was very hurt.

Alashek General Contractor Baltimore, MD

My experience has been 1.. A lot of fake profiles. 2... The match does not take into account race or smoking.. I constantly get matched with non smokers knowing I will not get anywhere... I personally think that Zoosk sets people up to fail so we keep spending money. .

Josh bh Columbia, MD

To make my LONG story SHORT, DO NOT DO NOT AND DO NOT subscribe to Zook. I would rather have donated the money to Animal Shelter. Zoosk is so HORRIBLE that it can not be rated, but I have to give it a one star because my review will not post unless I completely fill out.

Shobna Harding Lakemba, NSW

Don't even deserve 1 star. Terrible experience as a subscripted Member. Lot of fake unverified profile with nothing on it. THIRSTY MEN who just keep messaging over and over again and don't know how to take No for an Answer. I report and block but eventually can't even message people who I actually wanted to chat and get to know . Not Happy

RWCjr Sacramento, CA

After spending 2 days just checking Zoosk out, I started getting alerts stating that someone wanted to meet me. Not being able to chat with that person to ask if indeed they had issued the request to meet, I paid for a months subscription in order to be able to communicate. After responding to the "request to meet" I found myself sending messages and getting zero response, every time. I also received one request to meet that was obviously a bot. Horrindous speach from a lady with a Masters Degree in English

Victor Lenoir Chicago, IL

Every profile I have interacted with has turned out to be a fake. Don't waste your time. I should have read the reviews before signing up.

Eric Kirlwood Chicago, IL

I did meet a lady a few years ago on this site and I tried it again this past year. After many fake views and bogus messages The site tried to match me to the lady I had dated at one time but we didn’t work out. She eventually got married to someone else and I know she is still married and not on this dating site . Don’t waist your time and money.

annedavismusic Brandon, MS

THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!! THE IDIOTS KICKED ME OFF THEIR SITE WITH ZERO EXPLANATION! THE MOST BIZARRE EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD WITH A DATING SITE!! THEY WOULD NOT EVEN TELL ME WHAT THEY THOUGHT I HAD DONE WRONG!! TOTALLY BS! I DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG! I KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE! 😂🥴

sam Coniglio Hamilton, MT

Every time they you log in to Zoosk, then they try to push mre features on you, which requires you to give them your credit card number. BEWARE The Senior Scammers are alive and doing well on Zoosk. Subject: “elder fraud” and Its devastating impact on America’s Seniors. The Romance scam is a “EVIL crime”at the lowest level ever. The Crooks that tell me, a 70 year old man, that she (he) is madly in love with him…Ha… Unscrupulous manipulators prey on Seniors night and day, defrauding them of billions of dollars annually–some estimates peg the annual loss at more than $36 billion. It’s a major problem.

Silviya Milanova Jacksonville, FL

If I can leave negative stars I would leave five of them. Customer support is terrible. I was a subscriber for couple years now. My subscription was expiring and I try to renew for 6 months . They try to charge my card 6 times at once ! and of course my bank stopped those payments. The charges were couple for 6 months, then they tried half of the amount and then even an amount for under $10. Then Zoosk completely blocked my account and didn’t respond to my messages to customer service and didn’t allow me to make a new account even. I just met this guy that we were very interested in each other and now I lost maybe the connection I was waiting for years to come. Very disappointed .... Also don’t put nice pictures they always think you are scam , they remove your pictures and can get blocked just because they think you are too good looking so you are a scam. My advice: try to find a better site .

Jennifer Mckinnon , WI

No sure if it’s a website issue but I can’t say no to my matches it won’t work. I can click the heart and click yes but I can’t click the X to say no. I have to have everybody on my dashboard very frustrating. You can’t hide your profile or anything extra without paying extra. I’m constantly being matched up with smokers when I don’t smoke and I don’t want smokers. You can’t delete any of your connections so I have to go through many remember remember which ones I liked. This website is not user-friendly and I feel that there are system glitches that perhaps are not glitches but are built that way. Staying on for a month and then I’m getting off.

marina lobas Buxton, NC

Hello! I'm writing to get attention from Customer service for i cancelled my subscription more than a year ago and my profile is still there! Looks like you do not have enough females so you have been keeping me as one of them on your site. For a period of last year my e mail box (regular e m ail) has been full of notifications from site users. I could not go to this site to simply remove my account, no access for me to do that. And customer service won't make changes because it is someone’s else account (i'm guessing about privacy law). It is so unfair because men were writing to me with hope to find a partner. However in reality they write to inactive account with pretty picture.

The Exlimey Davis, CA

Bogus data saying people have viewed your profile when they have not. Questioned a few contacts who confirmed the data integrity. Quite a few scam artists who want you phone number only to try and lure you to provide other personal data.

Myke Wandsworth, WND

If I could give a zero star rating for this site it would still be too generous. Everything about this site is a let down. The App is poor with a lack of options and functionality. The profiles are mostly fakes with little or no descriptions. You have to pay to access the basic of functions and don't get me started on the stupid alert messages Zoosk send you in an attempt to extract money from you. Everything about this dating site is outdated and have SCAM written all over it.

Magnus MacLeod

This site appears to have fake profiles and out of date profiles. I've seen same profiles from a few years ago. The really big flag to me is the following. You get a "VIEW" and below the picture, it shows "ONLINE". So I opened a second ZOOSK window , then click on the OnLine Now feature. Guess what that same person is not shown as on line within the On Line Tool but the View Tool claims they are on line now. I even made a video with both screens at the same time. This implies to me that ZOOSK is send out fake views and fake claims of persons being on line. I cancelling my account. So far after 2 weeks on line I have only identified 5 real persons out of hundreds that I have looked at. I going to go back to the old standby and go to the grocery stores to meet people. I have even sent message to people asking them if they are repeatedly viewing my profile or if this is something zoosk is doing. No replies to those requests to determine if this is a real view. Magnus

Kelly Knight , IL

All messages are false. They are created. By the system. It's very misleading. I have found every. Female match that supposedly "wants to meet you" is system generated Very misleading. Also about 95% of these matches are hard core Christians. It's more of a Christian dating site. I've gotten virtually no responses worth the time $ trouble. Free means you can look but that's it. Then send a message with women interested but can't messag without a paid subscription which. Is also misleading. The actualmonth price is alot higher than what they tell you on the site. Very deceptive. Be smart. Use a card for internet purchases that's not connected to your main bank with no more than a $100 or so on it so you don't get burned to bad on a renewal if you forget. Turn the card off if possible after you join so it won't renew if you forget. They won't tell you!! Turn off overseas transactions also if your card allows it. Chime does both and I recommend that card for its control features. Zoosk is joke. Save your money. What you write down means nothin in their matching program

synct Cassville, NJ

Once I upgraded to a paying membership, it got better. If you pay, you get a much better level of women. No pay? Bottom tier. However, there are ALOT of scammers who will approach you, especially if you elect the option to allow women to email you. Scammers look for that! However, I ask the scammers for info on what they say is their location. religion, etc. If they can't confirm facts, I know they're fake. I report them as Fake Profiles. More than half that I got were fake, but I had to get around those. I did meet about 6 women off-line, some nice. Better than POF, but more work. Then, my profile was deleted by Zoosk because it was "compromised." I had to create a new profile (they wiped out my old one completely!) They offered a month free service - but I lost my profile text and all of the contacts I was messaging. NOT HAPPY

Thomas Talley Thousand Oaks, CA

If I could rate this site with no stars, I would! Bunch of old nasty looking guys that are absolutely not my type! NASTY!

GARY L MOORE Rockford, IL

I am an older guy and Zoosk is the best I have found, a large base of locals and tolerable management. If you go to Match, you better have some killer photos and write a great profile, they are qute the picky bunch. POF always seemed low end to me and membership seems stagnant. OK Cupid is a nice dating site, but membership is low in my area. I think you would do well on there if you were in Southern California. I also like the questions feature. Hope this helps.. good luck.

Kim Eagle, ID

I had to give them 5 stars because I found the love of my life from this site. We are still together since that first blind date January 2014. While everyone may not find their match this way, i had to share how this site has brought me more true love and joy than than ive ever felt in all my 45 years of life. Thank you thank you thank you.

MM

I had a pretty good experience on Zoosk: I would give it a 10 if it were free, but other than it being paid I have no major complaints. I went on four dates in two months with women I met on the site, and I ended up dating one of them for a few months. I am now back on the site after a break. I love the photo verification feature: I only message with women who are photo verified (I didn't see this feature on Match, POF, or any of the other major sites) so I generally know I am not talking to scammers. I also like that it is very easy to cancel a subscription online without having to call.

Kay Miami, FL

Mostly construction workers wanting to hookup online without ever meeting, There are men watching sports and wanting some company during, not really a dating site

Sam Jenkins Adelaide, SA

The best dating site was oasis, it was free to contact and send messages, this site sucks, as you can't even read messages without buying coins. What a completely rip-off

Steve Pitman Largo, FL

When you search for free online dating zoosk pops up,however they anything but free,their actually quite expensive,and their website needs much improvement,photos on the site are often cut in half.

coffeefor2 Splendora, TX

Where do I start - Administrator blocked my account, erased my profile and now has kept the remaining months worth of fees. Is frustrating because after EIGHT new gmail address and passwords I am exhausted from trying to log back on. I suspect the blockage happened after I responded to a fake Zoosk message from a "fellow member". So I have now asked for a refund....

A whelan Queens, NY

Full of scammers..men pretending to be women..tons of fake profiles..pure rip off..keep away people

Searvn Albany, GA

I purchased a posting, paid in full, encounted a lady, and she want me to stop my searching on Zoosk, so suspended my account, our relationship did not work out, now Zoosk informed me that I account was good to the middle of December 2020, ok, I return to Zoosk to search again, and the (Zoosk) informed me they could not find my account in there system and I needed to subscribe to their site, I have contact them so many times I have lost count, now if my account is not there, WHY is all the listing of women keep sending me information on themselves via my listing ?? How could they these ladies know I am searching when, my subposed account does not exist in (Zoosk) their system, for now I hav e turn to Eharmony, I still would like some answer to their problem, I wound NOT recommend this site to any one

Lily Kissimmee, FL

They Advertise to have free features but the only free features they have is to look at the available members and select "yes your interested or no your not interested". That's it. There is nothing else available for free on their site. I just joined yesterday 11/11/2020 and I just deactivated my account 11/12/2020 because I tried to send a message and a pop up window popped up to ask me to pay. I tried to read new messages and another pop up window popped up asking for money. What's the point in taking advantage of these free features if you can't send or read any messages. If you ask me It's not only a Scam but Their website Is a Complete Tease only! I was forced to give them a star in order to write this message otherwise I would not of give them one star either. One more thing when I deactivated my account they only give you so many characters to describe you are leaving. Full of Boloney!

Mike Saint Paul, MN

I decided to try Zoosk out with the one month subscription. It took about the whole month to realize what they were up to, and how things worked. I met a few very nice ladies, and though no romantic connection, we are now friends, and communicate regularly. There are way to many notification emails, which got very annoying, and constant interruptions while browsing to buy coins... and so on! Read the other reviews here, 99% are accurate! My subscription expired, and suddenly Zoosk is sending emails that my account is “delinquent”, and that it won’t be renewed because of “non-payment”! Lol! By design,...... I used a prepaid card when I signed up, and made sure there weren’t any funds in it come auto renew time!! Oh, and I had “cancelled” the auto renew, guess what....... didn’t work.....! Don’t waste your money on Zoosk!

KENNETH H KAISER

Zoosk starts out seemingly fine. Then it turns out they are shady and not trying to match you with anyone. They ignore your distance preference, showing you members 100 - 2000 miles away. They tell you someone viewed your profile when they swiped by it. If you start deleting members from the list of who viewed you that person gets notified that you viewed them so the same people you deleted are right back trying to talk to you. They have a thing they offer to put your account on hold so you can take a break and not get bothered and come back when you want but they don't tell you that your membership keeps rolling and when you get back you have no more paid membership it expired. You have to pay again. How shady is that? There is much more but no room here to tell it all. Otherwise just like other sites. A lot of women that just want attention and women who think they are hotter than they are really because of the ratio of men to women and even a troll feminist will get 50 messages a day from desperate men who would mate with a wombat if they could catch one. So they think they can be snotty and reject men that in real life they would need new underwear if he even smiled at her. I'm sure their are some real winners when it comes to the available men on that site also. So, same thing just shadier business practices than other dating sites.

Keith Brunner Maineville, OH

They DO send fake emails telling you someone is interested or that they emailed you! This is fake! Don't fall for it! No matches locally. Don't waste your money on this one. Read the reviews!!!!!!!

Art Prince Charlotte, NC

After I paid the initial $75 and went to send someone a message asking to meet, Zoosk wanted another $85 to be able to contact someone. Is that not ridicules? BUYER BEWARE !!!

Christina Ingram ,

I was blocked from Zoosk and I thought it was a scam they said it was a activity on my account my email was block someone was using my account I did not do it and I do not have another email I feel this is a misunderstanding and unfair I want this resolved

Nick Albert Orlando, FL

I have many of the same complaints listed, especially the bait and switch fake profiles intented to lure in subscriptions.Also, the automatic renewals and the difficulty canceling.Its purposely meant not to easily navigate. My next step is to look into being charged under the law, concerning in most part the bait and switch.This is two conartist from Iran perpetrating this SCAM.

bill wall Siloam, NC

Fake profiles and message alerts...if you do get a response from customer support it is BS...

Fool in the Rain Opelousas, LA

I subscribed for 6 months and had several women view me every few hours indicating they were interested but would not reply to my messages. I only spoke to two women who actually replied back but only once each. After my subscription expired, I began getting as many as 4 emails a week stating someone messaged me or wanted to meet and countless emails stating women were viewing me AND most of them were good looking. I believe those were all Zoosk generated emails to try to get me to pay for another subscription in order to respond. They over extended by sending too many "Perfect Match" emails after I didn't get any during the 6 months I was active. Now I'm getting several a week??? HA! I'm not easily fool twice!

John Huntington Beach, CA

Zoosk has many problems 1. if someone views you and you remove them from your list it sends them a view which looks like you viewed them. So they view you and so on. I have had people send me emails saying I view them 6 or more times when all i did was try to remove them. 2. they have a chat feature. If you send someone a chat request and they don't respond and they log off as soon as they log back on you get an email request the they requested to chat which was incorrect. 3. every time you scrool thru your viewed list it sends the people that viewed you a view from you. Again a vicious circle. this is the worst dating app I have seen.