Plenty Of Fish Logo
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

3.4

LAST UPDATED: June 14th, 2022

Every day over 4 million people use Plenty of Fish (POF). The dating site averages around 1 billion messages sent each month, which is more conversations than any other dating site. Since 2003, Plenty of Fish has been a pioneer in free dating, because the industry is always changing, POF is continually evolving its business to match.

Plenty of Fish is available in 11 languages and more than 20 countries via the dating app for iOS and Android devices.

A few other stats about POF include:

• 150 million registered users worldwide
  • 17 million conversations every day
  • 57 million new connections made every week
  • 4 million active users every day
  • 70,000 new users every day

Keep reading for pros and cons of using this online dating service.

Tinder Logo
3.7
LDS Singles Logo
#3 LDS Singles chevron_right
4.1

The Good

• Never Pay To Message
  • POF Advanced Search
  • Blocking Options
  • Upgraded Membership Features
  • POF Relationship Chemistry Predictor
  • Success Stories

Never Pay To Message

Other online dating sites allow users to sign up for free and then charge them to look at other profiles or send messages. While POF does offer a subscription, all major features are entirely free. Free accounts can message as many people as they want, search profiles and create a profile entirely for free. No matter the type of relationship a member is looking for — long lasting relationship, new friends, or just browsing through potential dates — Plenty of Fish states that the site's most popular features are completely free and always will be.

POF Advanced Search

Those with a free account can even conduct an advanced search with this online dating website. This is helpful for daters who are looking for someone who matches their specific criteria and allows them to narrow down potential matches.

The advanced search lets members filter by several factors, including:

• Height
  • Education
  • Body type
  • Profession
  • Religion

Blocking Options

Sometimes a message is sent to a user's inbox that is spam or is filled with inappropriate content. Plenty of Fish allows its members to block another member or report the user for their behavior.

Blocking another user means they cannot contact the person that blocked them (though they can still search their name on the site). Reporting someone means the POF team will carefully investigate their account for suspicious activity. All reports are strictly confidential.

Members can report others for the following reasons:

• Abusive user
  • Indecent images and photos
  • Copyright/Cartoon images
  • Underage user
  • Scammer (Money/Phishing)
  • Promoting/Selling Products

Upgraded Membership Features

The Plenty of Fish dating site states that the best way to be successful on POF is to become an Upgraded Member. Members will enjoy several exclusive benefits while using the mobile app, which can lead to more messages and profile views. The benefits of a premium account are as follows:

• Upload 16 pictures to a dating profile
  • Unlock every user’s Extended Profile
  • See if your emails were read or deleted
  • Show up first on Meet Me!
  • Experience POF without any ads
  • Find out the date and time someone viewed your profile
  • See who viewed your profile and
  • Send three virtual gifts per day
  • Stand out amongst all searches
  • Get access to the Username Search feature

POF Relationship Chemistry Predictor

Plenty of Fish offers members the Relationship Chemistry Predictor, which measures five dimensions of one's personality traits that have been determined essential for building a romantic relationship.

The test asks a variety of different questions and measures:

• Self-Confidence — Measures the extent to which an individual feels comfortable with him or herself.
  • Family Orientation — Assesses the degree to which a member possesses a family orientation
  • Self-Control — Measures the extent to which a person exerts control over varied aspects of their lives and the lives of others.
  • Social Dependency/Openness — Measures how open and dependent the user is upon others.
  • Easygoingness — Taps into characteristics associated with being relaxed and psychologically flexible.

Success Stories

An entire section of the POF dating site is dedicated to sharing stories of online daters who tried this service and found their perfect match. While not imperative to the site, it is nice to see online dating stories that worked out. It can also encourage people who are currently online dating to not give up.

The Bad

• Upgraded Membership Costs
  • Membership Will Auto-Renew

Upgraded Membership Costs

Standard in the online dating industry, to get more views, likes, swipes, and taps on their profile, members will have to purchase a paid membership, credits, tokens, or coins.

In this respect, Plenty of Fish is no different from most other dating sites and apps. While users of the free dating app and site have a lot of online dating capabilities (more than many other sites), if they really want their online profile to stand out, they will need to purchase tokens or an online membership.

Plenty of Fish Tokens

With tokens, members have access to premium features such as send a super yes, which tells the other person they are extremely interested, they can highlight themselves (helping to catch more users attention), and they can send a priority message. Members can purchase 1, 5, or 10 tokens at a time. Token packages are billed in full at the time of purchase and expire after 6 months.

Plenty of Fish Memberships

Joining a subscription membership and using the premium services will also increase the likelihood of other online daters seeing a profile. Members can sign up for:

• 3-month subscription*: $38.99
  • 6-month subscription*: $59.99
  • 12-month subscription*: $89.99

*Subscription prices are in U.S. dollars. The prices may vary in countries other than the U.S. and are subject to change without notice.

Membership Will Auto-Renew

A POF subscription plan will automatically renew unless daters cancel. If the subscription is canceled early, daters will continue to have access to the benefits until the end of the subscription period. While this is fairly standard for many online dating websites, it is something that often can surprise users.

Also, be aware that canceling a subscription does not delete your profile or account.

The Bottom Line

The POF dating app is a popular choice for online daters (especially for those looking for a long-term relationship). Plenty of Fish makes it easy for daters to set up and create a thorough profile and the Chemistry Predictor is useful for finding matches that are closer to their preferred criteria. Members can either sign up for a free membership or a premium service and find the type of relationship they're looking for.

Globally, users choose POF as their first dating website because the app does not force members to pay to message. The dating site even provides a chemistry test to help men and women find others with similar interests. Although to get the most out of the dating experience, Plenty of Fish does suggest users get the paid membership and make use of all the premium features. All users should be on alert for fake profiles and scammers.

Whether you're just looking to start a conversation, try out casual dating, or if you simply want to try a new online dating site, then POF might just be for you. There are plenty of daters on this site of every age, race, and religion and some have years of experience others are brand new to the dating game.

If you're still on the fence we suggest online daters comparing Plenty of Fish to other online dating sites to make sure that this online dating service is right for you.

Have you tried the Plenty of Fish dating site or app? Would you recommend it or not? Let us know about your experience with a quick review below.

1.7

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

Thais Copeland Satsuma, AL

It is the worse dating site ever, there is nothing but TROLLS and SCAMMERS in it. And the customer service it's at their worst too. One gets kicked out of it just because one has reported one too many people on it, yes I know sounds crazy, but it is true. Some of the few members that I got to talked to, which can be counted with one hand, they say they are social drinkers, well that's an understatement, I got to talk to one that was so drunk that didn't know he was bleeding on one hand, till someone on the other side of the phone told him so. There is no control, no checking on the pictures, nothing. I even saw pictures of Hollywood celebrities as people's profiles and more. So don't waist your time on that site. Some of the people say they are looking for a long term relationship, but it's more like for a hook up, a one night stand kind of thing too. Others is just for fun, and nothing serious. And some are to arrogant that Idk. So my recommendation it's to stay away as far as you can from it, it's not worth a dime. They even send you fake likes, and secret admirers, and else to get you to subscribed. Once you done, you better get for that month only and tell your bank to stop the payments after the month it's up, or they will skin you out. There you have it, it's up to you now.

Skinpeach Batavia, IL

Unfortunately, it looks like this company has some political views, and discriminates accordingly. After about 8 years of my on-and-off relationship with POF, my account was canceled w/out any explanation.

scotty Saint Paul, MN

I used plenty of fish for several years back when it was 100% free, I loved it and I was on there every day I made a lot of connections and Friends. However now they have gone to only so many messages before you have to upgrade and bye coins or tokens to talk to people and it's been I On a slow decline

Erin Kennesaw, GA

I will start my review by saying I've used pof off and on for many years and it actually does work in meeting new people, friends, dating, etc., the thing is you literally have to "weed" through hundreds of profiles just to find maybe a few people that would be a decent match. I've also blocked some users for inappropriate language. The best thing left on pof is the ability to send and recieve messages FREE, without having to actually match, or pay, and all the guys I eventually spoke to were real men, not bots. I've gone on movie dates, bowling,dinner, the mall to shop, whatever, so no bots there, again you have to be patient, and don't talk or reply to just anyone, that's just wasting your time. I also used Tinder and met a man who ended up being my boyfriend, but we had different plans for our future and that's why it ended, but he was a nice guy. I honestly didn't care for Tinder and the last time I was on , it felt like the dating graveyard. Now, years ago when pof first came on the scene, it was the best dating app out! You could met so many people and have dates lined up all the time, but its changed now, and the quality of people on there now is not what I'm looking for. When Covid hit, I went back on thinking there would be a whole new batch of men who never tried online dating and maybe would be serious about finding someone, but didn't really experience that. I did chat and speak by phone to a few,but nothing really materialized. The issue with ALL dating apps is for one, the women greatly outnumber the men especually in the city where I live, and men feel no need to only date one woman, when they have hundreds at their disposal on the app alone. The last time I was on I met someone and we talked and video chatted almost a month, he ended up asking for money(scammer), and of course disappeared soon after and made tons of excuses why he could never meet me in person. I reported him to FCC as well and I urge others to do the same if you exoerience scammers. I've also talked to men on pof who told me up fromt, they either use pof because they are bored, they don't take it serious at all, many only want to chat all day and never meet you, and many already are in relationships, but this is with any dating app. My real message is for women to just beware of any dating app, use wisdom, and go wih your "gut" feeling about someone. Again, its very possible to meet someone that could possibly end up being your boyfriend, or maybe more but you need to make sure both of you want the same thing, and discuss that up front, and also after a few conversations, meet him in person somewhere like a coffee shop or even the mall to make sure he is who he says he is, so you don't waste your time. Also, be specific in your profile and use as many filters as you can to weed out people your'e not really looking for.

Geoff Joffy Newcastle upon Tyne, NET

POF used to be great about 10 years ago. Now it's not worth the effort. I've noticed with each passing year, my profile views are fewer and fewer. The messages have dried up. My latest profile had 3 views in 2 months. No replies. So to me this site is officially dead.

Jasper Caelan Cambridge, CAM

Bad in every way and it continues to get worse! The quality of women and the amount of fake profiles make it a total waste of time. Now you can only message one person every 24 hours it is effectively dead. This is the worst dating site of all (they are all bad!)

Steve Dublin, L

I have used POF on and off over several years but I no longer will. As of this month non-paying users can only send one message per day, making the site essentially useless. The quality of the site, where many users are scammers/fakes/catfish, means it would be insane to pay any fee. The tendency for users to have their accounts deleted at random (seriously, their photo algorithms are crap and flag perfectly legitimate images) at a loss of any fees paid also makes it risky. There's no longer any reason to use POF and plenty of reasons to avoid it

Aaron Price

Plenty of Fish use to be a great site, sadly the free messaging aspect of the site has now been replaced with a Highlight feature from April 2022. Which means you can only message once a day to a new user you like on the site. Unless you wait for the highlight feature to be reset after 24 hours or upgrade to a paying membership. This new feature is sure to kill off the site as one of the most popular dating sites, leaving only a minority of paid members and tons of fake or inactive profiles.

Maurice Burt Memphis, TN

Ive been on pof for years and now if you don't pay or upgrade your messages will not be sent nor will you receive a message until they are ready to release it. For example, me and another member sent messages to each other and did not receive the message for a week. But as soon as she upgraded she sent me a message and I received her message right away and when I responded she received my message 4 days later. Because I'm not a upgraded member.

Herb Howland Phoenix, AZ

total waste of time and money nothing but fake profiles and employees on this site look at the reviews this is a scam site. I joined a few weeks ago and every day I get likes mutual likes and views. I've sent over 100 messages to those contacts and about 90% never even read my messages so they work for POF. I've never had a reply from any messages I've sent. Don't waste your money on POF not sure if they have any real members.

Peppy Kissimmee, FL

I think there are a couple disturbing things going on POF,, one that I am absolutely positive about is they do not respect the users privacy. By this I mean that even if you hide your profile if they feel they can use your profile for their own selfish gain they will. My proof is that I hid my profile last night before 9pm and at 4:57 am this morning I received a message. I message that user back and asked him how was it that he can send me a message even after I had hidden my profile and he said my profile was not hidden. This is not the first time this has happened to me and I have complained to pof via email and they send me a copy of their policy never an explanation as to why this has happened. I complained today and sent them a copy of the users profiles name to see what I get back as a response. I am still waiting. The other disturbing think I have noticed is customer service simply lie. One day not to long ago I went into my profile to find that photos of my dog were missing. Each time I tried to upload them they automatically delete. I wrote them again and I was told by Kane that the reason why my photos of my dog is being deleted is because the POF website is detecting a animal in the photo and will automatically delete when I try to upload a photo with my dog. I replied by sending them examples of other users with their dogs in the photos and I received a reply but never an explanation as to why their photos aren't being automatically deleted. I never had a conversation with the user that was able to send my a message even after I hid my profile because that would be acceptable being that we would of been able to continue a conversation previously started and the photos of the dogs I sent as a example were photos of users dogs that have been live on POF for months and were still active but for some reason they wouldn't let mine live. These are just some things I have noticed on POF and I simply think they do what ever they want with your profile simply because they can and that policy of theirs about "respecting users profiles" Is a bunch of HOGWASH!

Carrie M Imperial, MO

The site is completely filled with fake scammers. They delete your account claiming to be because of Violating Terms of Service but when you message to find out what you supposedly did because you know you haven't violated anything they completely ignore your emails. The live chat is supposed to be on during certain times, but they have it turned off.

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

Plenty of Fish has been my go to dating site service whenever I have been lonely and single, looking for a companion. Word of warning however, it does draw out a lot of weird people! The very first person I started to chat with was a "nudist" and had hopes being a nudist family, children and all. Yikes! I haven't met any dateable men from the site, however, I have developed some lifelong friendships through the site. When I finally got married, some of the people I met from POF actually attended my wedding!

Judy Rigby Manchester, MAN

Wow. Used POF on and off for years!!! Never paid for a dating site. Went from lots of messages a day to zero!!! Because as of April it’s no longer free!!! One new message a day? Plenty of fish are you kidding me??

Rr Rr Mississauga, ON

First, Plenty of Fish billing department phone number is: 1-888-345-4454 . I called them to request that they refund my credit card after not being able to search some age groups using the search feature. They limit what age ranges you can search for profiles. So from the start, the app is already defective.

curtis Kathleen, GA

pof has become bad, I used it 10 years ago and people would write back now nobody does unless it's a spamer. I was talking to a girl, I guess and all they wanted me to do was send money. Then I found somebody even got there number and low and behold after texting them a few times they wanted money. Then I had one that kept writing how they loved me and was on the way to see, low behold they want me to seen them money craziest stuff I ever seen in my life

E M Memphis, TN

Women never respond to messages and are super picky and shallow and if by chance they do send you a message it's about money or sex or too just to be a bitch and argue with you.They always complain on there profile saying they want a good man that they can trust and will not cheat on them.But what they are really saying is that they want a man that looks like brad pit that is super rich and will put up with there BS.I would not recomend this dating site even to my worst enemies.

Esther C Corpus Christi, TX

Shows online but in reality the person isn’t even on the site. It shows active status when the person is on any WiFi! Also if you look at your likes section it will show them all as “online” but when you look at their individual profiles anywhere else on the site you find they actually are NOT online. Also I don’t believe even if the message I sent says read or my profile reviewed on a certain day that it indeed occurred. I am a paying member (I know stupid mistake!) and I think they mark as sent and profile reviewed just to keep me hanging on and continuing to pay. Because none of my messages have been responded to. Not one!

Neville San Jose, CA

What this app. does is anytime you message someone you are interested in, someone behind the scenes looks at your message and then decides whether they want the message finally sent to the targeted person of interest. They do this for several reasons. Number one because if the person you are messaging is a premium customer, they do not want for you to possibly take the person away from the website's membership. Number two, if you are someone that is attracted to someone of a different race and they do not like or agree with your preference of the kind of race you like, the message will never get delivered. The indicater will notify you that the message has been delivered when it actuaully doesn't. You can message several people that you are interested in but your messages are not being received by the person you are writing to. The sent indicator will say sent when in fact it was not sent. Some of these Canadians that control this wesite have an additude and do not like Americans especially if you are an Americanminority or an African American.

Christy Welsh Spokane, WA

I have had guys on this site attempt to scam me. You'll get guys from hundreds or even thousands of miles away messaging you even though there's no practical way for that person to either date you or hook up with you from that far away. Bottom line, if, you are looking for a real relationship, look somewhere else. Most of what you're likely to find on POF is at most is guys looking for friends with benefits; but more often than not every guy on there is really after that quick easy hookup after which he's likely to just ghost you and you'll never back from them again. The culture on POF doesn't seem to be about "getting to know someone" it gets reduced to being about "getting to screw someone."

mary kreitler

I've been on POF off and on for about 2 years. Lately all I see is men that just want to chat & you see them on there, over & over. What's the point? I don't have time to stay on the internet & chat constantly. I just met a guy & after 3 dates (and I use that term loosely) it was very obvious he was looking for someone to move in with. He lived with his brother at 66 😒. Sorry dude, this is my house, not yours. Told him he needed to get his own place. Well that got rid if him.

LP ID Rexburg, ID

I do like the Plenty of Fish platform. It is very user-friendly. I have given it two stars because, in my opinion, there are probably 25% of the profiles are scammers. There are no neurosurgeons in a desolate Idaho town with a population of 76. If you call the scammer out in a message, the scammer simply has to report you and you either get a warning or get kicked off. Then the scammers can get rid of the more intelligent people and prey on the gullible singles. I was going to subscribe, but after seeing this twice now, I think I'll pass.

Suzan McCullough Gainesville, GA

99 of 100% of men on this site are scammers. It is very easy to spot them they all are looking to get married, most post that their longest relationship is between 3 and 5 years some are Savvy enough to say 10 + showing a marriage. They usually only show one picture and they are overly attractive. And they say they speak English which means they also speak a foreign language but aren't going to mark that box. The men that are on there are so ratty looking they can't even take a proper selfie without using a mirror. It is a dead body of water to try to fish any quality person out of. Pay for more expensive site and save yourself the trouble of possibly getting scammed by one of these professionals. And the site itself encourages you to turn in scammers but I found that when I started turning them in nothing ever happened to them they're still on the site. I had to just say no to this horrible site.

C P South Windsor, CT

Total garbage! TONS of fake profiles and I honestly believe POF creates them. My first day as a free user I had 33 "likes" on my profile. But you cant see who liked you unless you pay to upgrade. Ironically, not one of the people that liked me actually sent me a message. I was chatting with one person and they IMMEDIATELY asked for my phone number so she could "Verify" I was real. She had 1 picture that was obviously just downloaded from the internet and when I refused to give my number I was blocked and the next day My profile "didn't conform to community guidelines" and my profile was deleted BY THEM and they wouldn't give any explanation. They also restrict your search based on your age so you cant search for someone that is older or younger than you by a few years. Don't waste your time or especially your money on this rip off of a site!

Anita BARDOWELL Burlington, NC

POF seemed a good place to start with online dating. All those fake profiles seeking sex are just online dating debris. Learning to push past the fakes and find someone to relate to - that is part of it. My personal experience was that there were hundreds of men that were sitting on chat with no desire to climb out of their recliners and meet someone. The few men who did meet me, lied about their ages or used their son's photo. No kidding! It was hilarious. And BECAUSE IT IS FREE, married men leave no trail for credit card and are able to use the site to shop for "hookups". I quit the site in disgust after making the acquaintance of the Sanford County "dungeon master" who was using it to troll for submissive women. No kidding!

Debbie Jackson Medford, NY

Well at the beginning it was terrible. Men on this site are pathetic for the most part and not interested in long term relationships. I was about to close my profile down and figured I’d reach out one last time. Amazingly enough I met the man I’m with now for 9 years. Very happy and glad I gave it one last shot. So I guess in the end all the “fishing” through all the garbage paid off.

Roger B

All the women are either fat, single mothers and looking for a man to latch on to as a meal ticket!! living in a small town like Kerang Vic, thought there would be better chicks online than the ones on offer in this town!!, how wrong can you be!!

mass hunter Laconia, NH

it would be a - star , never did anything wrong pof blocked me and closed my account and would never give a reason. the only thing they are interested is getting the money and then blocking you. just join facebook dating its free and works better

Kay Jenkins Detroit, MI

POF out of the blue felted my profile stating violation of terms or policy all bs, now after reading their reviews I'm glad they deleted. The site is a scam. On reviewer stated after they reported a fake profile they got deleted wow! I then realized after I called out a person for shady behavior and possibly fake profile with 24-48 hours my profile was removed. All I know is better not catch any of my pics being used or POF will be facing a lawsuit!

Dave Fortin Kingston, PA

If you're looking for fun, this is the app. It has a broad spectrum of people with a diverse amount of attraction. I don't hate it and would definitely download it again in the future.

Brittanee Pruitt Marrero, LA

I recently joined to meet somebody. I did actually meet a really fantastic guy. We met and started talking. I made a personal choice not to log back into pof while talking to this guy. Unbeknownst to me, pof was showing my profile as being logged online periodically when I never opened the app. I didn't know this was happening and told the guy I was talking to that I haven't been back on the site. Now he thinks I'm a liar and we aren't speaking. This is a huge problem because I never went back into the app since the day before I met this man in person. This site is horrible.

Google User

This the one of the dating apps out there, ok if you are a premium paying member the app tells you what age bracket you need to date so if you are a man or a woman and wants to date someone younger they do not allow it seriously what century you guys live on? if a person is 18 years or older is up to the person who they should or not date is an user app all other dating apps get this but POF lives in the 15th century acting as user's parents, is probably one of the glitchiest apps specially the messaging system sometimes does not show when you message someone in the past, app is disorganized messy and not user friendly.

Dee Northcote, VIC

It's terrible. Like next level terrible. No body bothers reading your profile, even the basics, and seriously, the Gen Xers on there are a cesspit of misogynistic men with no manners. I have used many dating sites over the years, but POF really is the bottom of the barrel. And it's 2021 guys, it's obvious you have posted a photo taken of a photo from 1985. Also, while I'm on a rant and a roll, what's with posting numerous blurry photos of yourself in sun glasses? You will continually ask for more photos of me (and in my yoga pants) because you don't believe I'm real, yet you all get butt hurt when I ask for a recent photo of you without your sunglasses on. It's not an unreasonable request, yet you all carry on like you're some sort of super star and can't be outed on the internet... please, guys, do better! You are the reason internet dating gets a bad name these days. I need a wine now. End rant.

Hailee Coleman Columbia, MO

Plenty of Fish is different and incredible for long lasting relationships. Does not participate as much as other websites in hookup culture, which is effective for finding genuine connections between people.

Steve Aylesbury, BKM

Years ago POF was'nt a bad site....As in....Better than most others.....But now it's become full of fake and scammer profiles..... Most of the scammers have copied female photo's from Russian dating sites.....And in an attempt to now get caught out by reverse image search tools.....The scammers flip the photo's from left to right etc.....The fake females often have some kind of link to a sex site on their profiles.....Example....Go to this site to see my nude photo's etc......And the other fakes have simply copied a female photo from the internet.....Seems a bit pointless to me....Unless you have something to hide.... On a brighter note.....Yandex image search will find a photo that's been turned around.....What else have I noticed about the site......You can now only send 10 messages to anyone you're making contact with for the first time....Then you have to wait 24 hours for that to be reset... Or pay to upgrade...... Also....POF have now changed what was the VIEWED ME .......It's now called....INTERESTED IN ME.....Click on it and all those members who've viewed your profile are blurred......And to see them clearly you have to now pay......This to me is a con.....As being realistic.... If those people were INTERESTED IN ME......They would have surely sent a message.....All they've really done is to view your profile.....So I certainly would'nt pay to see those profiles.... One other thing I've noticed is genuine members saying......"Back again.... My profile was Hijacked"......And this is something I've witnessed 100's of times.....A genuine profile.....Nicely written by someone real who for example has put......50 years old.....Brown hair/Green eyes.....Interests include gardening....Country walks etc......And then you look at the photo's and they are of some girl who's dressed tarty and looks 25 with blonde hair..... So yes......Genuine profiles are certainly being hacked.... My advice to members old and new.....Don't pay for anything......As your profile is certainly not secure.....

Andrew Miller Billings, MT

Overall my experience with the site was positive. However, I had the misfortune of having someone hack and misuse my account. Because of this, my account was deleted and I was placed on a blacklist where I was prevented from creating a fresh new account. I tried to explain what happened through their customer service email, but received the same response, that I had violated community guidelines and therefore my account was being deleted and I would be unable to establish a new account. Unfortunately email is the only way to communicate with them. There is no phone number to call and speak with a real person. I don't believe it is right or fair that I am being punished for the actions of another but that seems to be their position.

kerry perez Orem, UT

was a member of plenty of fish for a few months, i actually met my wife on the site. the only thing that bugs me about it is the amount of ads that pops up with it. I understand that they want to sell ads and so forth but there's a bit much that pops up. Some functionality are limited unless you're a full member, but overall experience was a success so i guess it wasnt too bad

Cheryl Olson NH

Every guy I spoke to from here have been scammers. Everything is going good then They start asking for money. I ended up deleting my account because if it. Not happy with this site at all.

C V El Paso, TX

They charged me and removed my account. They took my money and didn’t even let me use this app! It showed I violated terms but let me make account and removed me but still billed me!

NanaPam Colorado Springs, CO

This is a total scam ! Even if a profile looks real, it's likely been cloned or these scammers can send messages from it somehow. After you started a conversation, you can tell by their grammar and shady answers that they aren't real. Complete rip off.

Dara Bottenhagen Chicago, IL

Plenty of Fish was great until I got hacked. I tried to report this to them but couldn't because the person had taken over my sight. Had friends try to report this person but they didn't do anything about it. Never heard back from them. I would never use their dating sight again.

Mimikayla Gonzales Calgary, AB

I made a lot of account in POF as a transgender woman, as I am very feminine and passable one. Im on HRT for 3 yrs now and yes I get hit A LOT by straight men on POF, at least for a week. Guys there want to sleep with me so bad that they often offer me money for sex. I have not agreed on anyone and yet guys keep offering me that. Guess what POF did? POF blocked my account permanently apparently I did somehting in violation to their standard. So Apparently even if u never agreed on anything, you will automatically be blocked in POF. So the one who was offered money is banned yet the guys who gave those propositions are off the hook? And some of the men I reported there on POF for being rude and sending me transphobic messages like calling me mentally sick, a dude dressed in a skirt, etc etc, they are still there in POF, no action was done. Story of a transgender life I suppose. We are already marginalized and discriminated out in public. I guess its not different online. We are still discriminated. Thanks for making that so clear POF. Your damage to trans community is very much appreciated. Keep up the good work. YOu make this world a better place, for yourselves at least.

Patrick M ,

I was a long time member on pof and over the last couple of years it has fallen in accuracy and worth. Recently they allowed my banking info and email address to be compromised. Whoever hacked my account changed my email address so now I cannot provide their support with data to delete my account! So they refuse to further investigate or reimburse me after 19 ridiculous charges were made through their app. Their pathetic Support now has me Trapped in an endless email cycle saying there they need more information to further investigate. When I tell them a response how my info was changed and now I can not provide data except for my user name, and I supply that, They just follow up with the same email a couple of days later. I'm telling you they are desperate they and will lock you into repeated subscription payments every month where you can not log in and change your preferences to non subscribe. So all in all I used to enjoy this website but now after this experience I have to say The Site is full of fake profiles and bots. There are many way better dating options out there.

Rin Schaumburg, IL

Joined POF to help me write an article about online dating sites and apps available. The fake accounts are prevalent but that's not the real issue. If you displease a premium account, yours will be blocked. If you don't answer a premium account, you will be reported and blocked. There is no customer service. There is no explanation. "Your account is blocked because we said so". I made 12 accounts to test. Four of them still remain active because I am "nice" to any premium account that messages. The other 8 are blocked the moment I disagree with a premium accounts' view on women and how they are to be treated. The verbal abuse premium accounts allow themselves is staggering. Nothing happens if they are reported. I was subjected to gruesome role play requests, a frightening number of pain related questions and a lot worse! A lot of the suggestions made by POF premium accounts were not even legal and can be viewed as an assault. POF doesn't care. I have reported premium accounts numerous times. They are sill active. Other similar sites are bad and favor their premium accounts but POF is frightening.

MzD

Not a bad dating site if you meet someone genuine , however there are plenty of guys on POF that aren't genuine. I was dating a guy whom swept me off my feet, everything he told me about him self, which I found a out later was a lie. After a few months he moved in with me and that's when I started to realise that everything he was saying wasn't true as he couldn't provide any proof or evidence to back up his stories. I finally kicked him out after being together for a year, he's left me a huge car debt and badly damaged the car prior to returning it to me. So ladies, if it's too good to be true then he probably is. Don't be fooled by words as I was.

TT Hightstown, NJ

One of the worst things about this dating app is the fact that when you block someone, they still have access to your profile. With having access to your profile it also allows them to view photos, save photos, and pretty much still know everything about you that you write on your profile. It also allows them, if they get angry enough for being ignored, to report your page. And after a specific amount of men report your account, you'll log in one day and find that your profile is no longer active. So men that are bitter about you not responding to them, have the ability of getting your profile deleted just because they sill have access to being able to report you even after you block their account from being able to message you. Plenty of Fish does not investigate whatsoever. They only go off the sheer amount of reports against your account and ultimately will delete it for no specific reason. I for one do not think it is appropriate to allow users you have blocked, to continue to have access to your profile. Other dating apps do not allow this to happen. Once you block someone on other dating apps your profile disappears and they are not able to gain any more information about you. For safety reasons I think that is extremely important, and Plenty Of Fish does not contribute to this safety precaution. Stay away from Plenty Of Fish! They should be glad they even got one star from me, because if 0 was an option that's what this company would get.

Scott Haakon Aurora, CO

POF is "free" just as MMO games are "free" Free to play; pay to win. Much of the Useful wanted information is behind a paywall. Users who want to meet me will cost $38.70 for a 3 month time span. I did not see a 1 month offer (that would be an affordable $12.90! Many people have been on the site for years. Many are not looking weekly. The site is also still has a age range of 15 years which hurts the older group. Many people over 50 are in very different stages of life. There is a gender difference. IMO many people do not tell the truth of where they are in wanting a "relationship" . POF aim is marriage not fun although that happens. men need to know that women get a great deal of messages. Men get little response. Short messages are free.

Charles Bronson Wappingers Falls, NY

What it really boils down to about this site and dating sites in general , from a man's point of view(ladies I'm sure you have yours) is the following: 1) you have these rude over-the-hill heffers that are fakes or with unrealistic expectations that are a 4 or maybe a 5 holding out for a 10! Get real! 2) You have the type who is on here to see how much attention she can get for her looks. To those I say please move on. There are beauty pageants for that sort of thing. You just might not be as hot as you delusionaly think you are if you need POF as a beauty contest that you would probably not win in real life. 3) Then you have the type who have less than stellar looks becoming overnight narcissists due to the attention they are getting in an environment with a 7 to 1 male/female ratio. Ladies get real. There are lots of guys who will tell you anything to get your cooperation. You know what I mean. So keep it real. 4) Then you have the insecure types that have an account to make their boyfriends jealous. Keep looking, and you just might find your current boyfriend on here. 5) And if they've been divorced, they've probably been slapped around quite a bit emotionally and/or physically and now have a twisted vendetta against men and delight in being rude or hostile to them, such as automatically blocking guys for no reason. 6) Then we can't leave out the heffers looking for a boy toy. Hey, if you were all that, your husband wouldn't have divorced you to begin with. 7) You have these kooks who are like 5' or thereabouts, looking for a guy over 6'. Is she going to bring a step ladder on every date so she can kiss the guy? 8) Which leaves us with the honest woman trying to honestly find a decent guy. But they are vastly outnumbered by the others. So good luck in finding her. There are do many characters on POF I would say it's more of a circus. Most of these clowns should be under a tent somewhere juggling torches while riding donkies

george

this is my review about plenty of fish its the worst app and site ever made your profile gets constantly deleted for absolute no reason and once your profile is deleted you can never sign back up again this is what plenty of fish state POF has 0 tolerance for users who are rude, upload fake pictures, married, use sexual language in their first email, upload nude photos or break our terms of service in any way. Any user caught doing so is deleted. You may also be deleted if you accumulate a high number of blocks. Users who are deleted may not signup to the service again. which is a joke just because people block you or say your married and you just want to find some friends you cant because your profile gets deleted what a joke so lets say i didn't like someone so ill get a bunch of my friends and block them and then there profile will get deleted what a load of rubbish and without even doing a google search for there customer service address they dont even have it displayed on there site and even if you send them a email you wont even get a reply back and also girls can send any picture they like but when it comes to guys they expect us to upgrade just to send pictures they are sexist pigs so just because i am male and not female need to upgrade that is sexist pfft i would not spend a cent on this ridicules app and yet some hell its 1 of the most popular apps and now they even start advertising on television pfft what a joke if i could give this app a 0 or even a -1 i would but unfortunately they dont have that option for me so i would give them a 1 this app is run by amateurs and i wish it was never made and i cant wait until the day these amateurs go bankrupt and out of business DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY TO UPGRADE I REPEAT DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY to upgrade this ridicules site cause if you do you will regret it and they dont even refund your money there a joke and a waste just google plenty of fish and see how many bad reviews you will witness its sad and shocking how many negative reviews there is

William Johnson San Diego, CA

you have missed the most egregious of offenses. this app limits the age range that members may contact. i was shocked to be told by customer service that because they had done "research" that concluded that any two people with an age difference greater than 15 years could have nothing in common other than a desire for sex, they restricted member contact to within 15 years older/younger. i was outraged at this assumption as well as the implementation of such a restriction with no mention that i could find of this policy in the marketing of this app. and it seems close to a blatant discriminatory policy against those who legitimately prefer older/younger partners-- and there is a significant population that does, but because of thinking like this, when most all other lawful taboos have become mainstream, older/younger remains the last great taboo. pof refused to address my complaint by simply ignoring it although refusing to refund my money. and with an attitude of such arrogance and distaste, this was no customer service department, never mind that it took me two months to find the link because my upgraded membership was screwed up, but unless your upgraded you can only contact billing which cant solve technical problems and wont pass along your info even if you are a member who cant contact customer service. anyone who uses this app is either very lazy or very unsophisticated because there are other apps that allow you to send and receive messages for free. and see plenty of profiles and function just fine for free. and also pof may have millions of members, but these people are not what you would call the highest in quality. there is a noticeable difference in the quality of this membership. there is no reason for anymore to be on this app other than laziness and not wanting to look for a dating app thats best for them, or ignorance of what an dating app could and should be.