Match.com officially launched online in April 1995 as the pioneer for the online dating industry. Match.com serves 24 countries and hosts websites now in 15 different languages. With a simple message, Match.com is available to help singles find the kind of relationships they're looking for.

Match.com members form a diverse, global community of singles who share common goals - to meet other singles, find dates, form romantic relationships and meet life partners. Young and old, gay and straight, from around the world, singles come to Match.com to flirt, meet, date, have fun, fall in love and to form meaningful, loving relationships.

Read our Match.com reviews (below) to see what other online daters are saying about this company.

#1 Tinder chevron_right
3.5
#2 Bumble chevron_right
3.6
#3 Christian Connection chevron_right
3.3

The Good

• Large Dating Pool
  • Free Trial
  • Site Features
  • Verification

Large Dating Pool

Match.com has been one of the world's largest dating sites since the online dating industry began. It's the most popular online dating app in seventeen states. This company has had many years to understand how online dating services work and have matching features more complicated than most other online dating sites today. Because there is such a large user base registered, Match.com's dating algorithm is more effective and precise about picking "Mutual Matches" than ever.

Free Trial

There's a free membership trial version available either online or as an app download. Match.com has a 6-month guarantee for its members. If a Match.com member is unsuccessful in finding matches, Match.com will give an additional 6-months of service added to their subscription free of charge.

Site Features

• Advanced Searching - Search options include users by who's online, keywords, gender, age, sexual orientation, location, any field included on member profiles, daily matches, reverse matches, mutual matches, smart search, DateSpark, and more.  Members can save their searches with a name attached to refer back to later.
  • Auto Sign-In - Set and turn-off auto sign-in to make logging in easier.
  • Available Advertising - Members can signup to advertise on Match.com websites for an additional price
  • Blocking Privileges & Reporting - Block or report users to keep your profile private and safe from harassment
  • Chat - Instantly send messages and chat with other match.com members online.
  • Email Notifications - Notifies you by email, anytime you have POF account activity waiting.
  • Favorites - Choose and stay updated with your favorite match.com members.
  • Games - Choose from seven, 1-5 minute games to play with other match.com members to increase interaction and offer compatibility.
  • Included Games: Best and Worst, Drawn Together, Food Critic, Gut Reaction, If I Could, Name that Dance, and Romantic Rip Off.
  • Happen Magazine - Read the weekly magazine offered by match.com that's always devoted to helping your love life.
  • Link Account To Facebook/Windows Live - Users can link their match.com profile to their Facebook or Windows Live account.
  • Match.com Guarantee - Match.com guarantees that their members will find possible matches through their site. If a match isn't found match.com will pay for an additional 6-month subscription.
  • MatchPhone - Up to $6.99/month more depending on the current plan. Talk to other match.com members on your own phone, while keeping your actual phone or contact information private.
  • Message Center - Keep track of your messages and conversations in one place. Organize, highlight, store, and delete messages conveniently.
  • Filtered Email -  Add  1 - 7 email filters of your choice. Specify attributes and filter certain members you'd like to receive emails from.
  • VIP Email - Send VIP emails once a week (resets every Monday). VIP messages will be bold and highlighted as they show up in the recipient's inbox. Also, the sender's profile will be highlighted as it's shown on the "VIP" member's profile.
  • Mobile Application - Works for Apple iPhone, Windows 7 Phone, Android - Updated May 2014
  • Match International - International dating profiles available in 15 languages.
  • Online Dating Safety Tips - Learn how to date smarter, safer, and with more confidence.
  • Phonebook - Keep contact information for all of your favorite match.com members with the Phonebook feature.
  • Profile Pro - Professional writers are available to write your match.com profile for an additional cost.
  • Registration - Register can connect with millions of other available singles.
  • Stir Events - Members are invited to attend "Stir Events" in their area as they're scheduled. These are local events around the country hosted by match.com. Stir Events are intended to let users get to know each other in a group setting while face to face.
  • Includes Events Such As: Bowling Nights, Cooking Classes, Dance Lessons, Happy Hours, Wine & Tequila Tastings, and More.
  • Who Viewed You Section - See what members have viewed your profile and how often.
  • Writing Help & Dating Tips - Improve your dating style with writing guides or lessons to teach better messaging and communication skills.

Verification

Match.com  has a new verification system where users can verify their profiles by connecting their Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn page. This verification process is optional. While the dating service does not conduct background checks regularly, they may do so if your profile is reported.

The Bad

Customer Complaints

Even though Match.com is one of the top online dating sites today, unfortunately, there are a lot of consumer complaints. Most of the claims are problems with the product or service issues. There have been many complaints about billing/collection as well as guarantee/warranty related issues. Members have also complained about getting spammed with dating emails, and having their credit card information stolen.

The Bottom Line

When most people think of online dating today, Match.com is a popular dating site. Men, women, online daters have been using this company for nearly two decades. However, there are a few pros and cons to consider. The free version is minimal and doesn't allow members the freedom to date and communicate as they please. So if you're considering Match.com, we suggest looking at a paid subscription so that you can get the most value with your online dating experience. Having a paid membership will give you access to all of match.com's unique and fun features but you have to be willing to shell out some money. But if you're newer to online dating, you may want to stick with the free version until you know that Match.com is right for you.

Many using Match.com have found long-term relationships, while others have complained of scammers and fake profiles. This is to be expected with pretty much all online dating services and dating apps as it is a relatively open social media site.

Given Match.com's experience, features, and a large user base, it is a viable option for online dating.

You can download Match.com's mobile app from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store.

View Best Online Dating Companies

eHarmony vs Match.com

View Comparison

2.8

Philip Rose

March 31st, 2020 Aurora, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was only a paying customer for one month. It absolutely did not work for me. However, I have no complaints about their management or business model. I spoke with 2 of their "dating coaches" and they tried to be helpful. I took myself off because i was spinning my wheels, going nowhere with match. If you are an older fellow like me, 68, and you just want to look at the pictures of ladies, they have plenty of them. However, if getting a response from any of them or actually meeting someone, my experience tells me that your chances are so very slim. I joined and immediately heard from 2 ladies. Then 2 days later both were not on the site anymore. From there I became proactive. i sent courteous, well written intro. messages to 27 ladies. 26 ignored my messages. One gave a one sentence response just wishing me luck. I am a decent looking gentleman with strong character traits, just what these ladies claim to want to meet. here lies the problems: More than half of the ladies in their 60's on match state their preference for men is the men need to be 45-58 years old. This is something that would make them feel younger about themselves. They have little interest in a man's character just so long as he is considerably younger than them and I will add, that these women, many 5'3'"-5'6" demand that the men they are interested in must be at least 6' tall. being in great level of fitness as I am apparently counted for zero as I am a truthful 5'9". So fellas, if you want to date women 10-15 years older than you & you are a tall man, then you may have a chance on match.com with these wonderful ladies in their 60's. I did not want any part of their nonsense. After a disappointing month, I exited match.com. However, I do not have anything negative to say about the company or its practices.

Seth Boudoin

March 10th, 2020 Roseland, LA

I wanted to use a dating site that gave me useful information about the person of interest. This was excellent for that.

Rocio Diaz

March 10th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Quite expensive and no real matches for me. The questionnaire was very lengthy and too personal.

Janie Dennis

March 5th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been able to find and match with amazing people on this app! We have stayed friends but it really is nice when you don't have time to meet people in person!

David T

February 25th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Match.com is ok, but I feel like there are a lot of fake profiles. Not a good selection to choose from in my area.

Melanie Johnston

February 25th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have meet a number of quality guys through Match. I like the ability to find people with common interest within my home town, which I never would have met on my own.

Stephanie Love

February 25th, 2020 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Match was okay for me. Matched with a few people, but never found any connections. It was pretty expensive for what it offered. I quit paying and using match after I found some other online dating apps that were free that offered just as much as Match offered. I wasn’t very impressed with it.

Tiffany I

February 18th, 2020 Gaithersburg, MD

I only did the trial but had a great time in a week span. I met so many guys and I still keep in touch. I met guys from different parts off the area that I never would have considered. Think this site really works.

Britin McAffee

January 28th, 2020 Cedar City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So many options and people to meet. I met my husband here and we’ve been married for 10 years and have 2 kids.

Danielle Powell

January 27th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Found a couple of serious people on this sight. The majority of people would use for the free trial and leave

Jesse Rice

January 22nd, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Able to narrow down my selection of females and how the act and what they love to do

Madelyn

January 16th, 2020 Moselle, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I met my husband 7 years ago on match.com Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined meeting the man of my dreams from a computer screen. It's been 7 wonderful years. Thankyou match. I would and have suggested this dating site to many....and to see my friends finding love just as I did is amazing.

Jeanie

December 31st, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used this site to find men who might be good dating candidates. They need to vet their members better. Most o of the men were creeps who only wanted sex.

Missy Mamros

December 4th, 2019 Warrendale, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I met my husband on Match.com and we've been married for 3 years. Great program to meet people who genuinely want to date.

Ruth

October 15th, 2019 Pensacola, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BUYER BEWARE!! They hook you in and then its like a bait and switch. They send you matches not even close to what your requirements are and then when you ask questions about not being able to sign in they cancel you. And when you ask for a reason why ,they tell you (this is verbatim) "Due to our privacy practices, we cannot disclose specifics about any Match account, including your own. " Very unprofessional.

Linda Clark

October 14th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I met way too many married men while on Match so I cancelled my membership. I assume men are single on dating sites.

Kat

October 8th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rubbish - don’t do it! You can’t cancel it! They don’t answer the phone- no Matter what option you choose - there is no one to speak to - ever! They say the only way to stop it auto renewing from an iPhone is to do it from settings - subscriptions- it’s not there in my list. I paid £60 the first time for 6months, I used it for all of 2 weeks - it’s was rubbish and even though I thought I’d cancelled it it then it auto renewed and charged me £119.34!!!!! I went to PayPal who came back saying that my refund had been declined! Steer well clear of this money machine!

Alyssa Boren

October 8th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was easy to navigate my way around the website. It was good at finding guys that had similar interests and seemed a good fit for me. It made it faster to find people I was interested in.

Patrick

September 17th, 2019 Beverly Hills, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Scam. I signed up for this twice, each time for 6 months. A lot of fraudulent profiles. Especially when your subscription runs out. What happens after it ends is that all of the sudden you will get a lot of women liking you and sending you messages. When you resubscribe to see who liked you and messaged you, the majority of the time their accounts are no longer active or hidden. After the second subscription ran out, sure enough I received a lot of likes and messages. Would I renew?? Nope, no thanks, pass.

Rylie Crandall

June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT

Match.com is a fun and easy dating site to use and I'm very happy that I started using it.

Anne Sainsbury

June 10th, 2019 Payson, UT

I tried Match.com for a whole evening and it was okay. Not my favorite app to get around, kind of confusing. But people on this dating site were pretty nice and I got a few good dates out of it!

Brenda

June 3rd, 2019 Spanish Fork, UT

This is not a trustworthy company. I feel like they need to be more aware of the people that are joining. Maybe they need to do a real background check on them.

Reese

May 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Match.com worked for me. The questionaire was easy and thorough at the same time and I was able to find a match for me. It was a painless introduction to meeting new people and it was great.

Jeremy

May 6th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It does the job but I think some of the functions could be worked on as it can be a little odd at times.

Deana Duquesne

April 9th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not useful. Too much upselling. "Free" level pretty useless.

LukeVas

April 5th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

1. In my personal observation hence perception, this outfit and their affiliates are likely plagued with FRAUD. They collect hefty fees for making people to believe that customers will have access to hundreds of thousands if not millions of singles, seeking marriage, friendship, companionship, etc. if they pay hefty fees UP FRONT, and go along with additional piecemeal traps for paying more and more. Moreover, they plant "lawyers" and other observers into the pool, making sure that that their scheme is not uncovered or not distributed among customer thus provoking mass cancellations. 2. It starts with something like "FREE, find millions of singles looking for you, FREE". They collect your info, but at the end of the FREE subscription process you see nothing until you "subscribe", i.e. buy into their fraudulent tricks. You see nothing for free, but ... NOTE!! ... now they have your what they call PROFILE. It's the profile's they merchandise, sell, promise, use for temptation, and for enticing people into their process. Note again, you haven't signed up yet, but they already your profile, and even if you do not want to subscribe, you cannot withdraw your information. It's all out there, sold, marketed, viewed, as if you were already a member. Of course, the viewers won't get a response, but that can happen from legitimate members too if they are not interested. Hard to tell, and they milk the last penny out of this scenario. But, that's not all. 3. Members' subscription expire, or they quick. They are out. But not their PROFILE. They continue to get merchandised, viewed, and offered for view. Again, those seeking responses from these will not get any because the folks they are "viewing" are not around. But they do not know that, and have no way to ever know that - unless their friends or others join and see nonexistent members' PROFILES still floating around in the system, bringing in moneys. In other words, they sell merchandise that does not exist!! 4. If you get suspicious and ask questions about the system, or about what's going on, and one of their on line floaters see it, you get terminated from the system for violating the "terms of the agreement", but no refund! I hope this provokes thought, and attracts scrutiny. In my opinion, this is largely a fraudulent operation.

Janine Murphy

April 2nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I FEEL THEY ARE MANIPULATIVE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE DEALINGS, USING OTHER MEANS TO SECURE MEMBERSHIP (APLLE PAY) AND NOT NOTIFYING CUSTOMER OR WORKING TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS ON BILLING.

Elaine R

February 26th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I actually was liking match for the one day I could use it before they canceled me because I am married. I was transparent in my profile that I am married and live with and take care of my husband who is cognitively and physically disabled. Apparently this disqualifies me despite the fact that this is a growing demographic. They had 2 weeks to review and see this as an issue before I paid and another week from when I paid to when I started responding to messages to notice this and determine that I shouldn't be canceled, but didn't do anything.

Mandi Smith

February 12th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Match.com is a good place to find someone and to spend time with someone doing something that you and that person love to do.

Charlene Mackay

February 11th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My husband and I met on match.com 7 years ago. It was my favorite dating site, and I felt like I met the best people there. Better than other services I tried!

kerry perez

February 4th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Used match before, met some really great people!! I think their algorithm is a bit off sometimes as they stop communications from happening. Overall it was a good experience.

Shayla Hankins

January 16th, 2019 Lehi, UT

Match is the only dating service I have used and fell in love with. They showed me all of the similarities between me and my matches and how far away they were.

MaKayla Christiansen

January 16th, 2019 Provo, UT

I liked match because it helped me meet with people I would have never met on my own. I met amazing people on the site and it was a super straight forward app with amazing features.

Katie Marz

January 16th, 2019 Orem, UT

I liked this dating site because I feel like there are a lot of kind genuine people on this site! But I don't think this site is everyone's first choice, so there are less people. I've had good experiences with the customer service of this site as well.

Hailey Nilson

January 7th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT

The website is clear and it's super easy to find the people you'd want to go one dates with.

Recheal

January 3rd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After I called to cancel my membership many times, Match still charge on my credit card, my friends has suffering the same problem. Very annoying!

Erin

December 10th, 2018 American Fork, UT

i’ve tried it all but match was definitely a hit! i met so many great guys and it was so easy to do it, this site is great and is very helpful for a hopeless romantic

Spencer Scoville

December 3rd, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not sure on this site. I mean people find the person the love all the time on this site but I personally find it annoying I have to pay to possibly meet someone.

Katie Kearney

December 3rd, 2018 Vienna, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was always against online dating because you always here those horror stories. My sister had told me one day that "online dating introduces you to people you might not meet." I took that to heart because the things I liked to do didn't really offer me a lot of opportunities to meet people and so I decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did. I spent some time in the app and it was really easy to navigate through and search for potential matches. I was able to put as much information about myself as I wanted. After a couple days on the app, I met my, now, husband! If you are debating trying online dating, I would tell you to take the risk! It can be so worth it in the end.

Mikey

November 27th, 2018 Aurora, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not worth the money. Lots of people initially, but seems not many want to actually meet. I've asked for a refund three times, but no response. you're much better off with Bumble, which is free...

oallred

November 16th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I never went on dates through Match.com who I felt I really connected with. People I met were not often had similar interests as me.

Cody Enslow

November 2nd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I would like to use match, but their service is paid only. I’d like to try the service first and then pay for more or even sign up for a membership.

cami harward

October 30th, 2018 American Fork, UT

I haven't had a lot of success on this dating website. Maybe I'm too picky but the dating pool isn't all that great.

Thomas Hullinger

August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the personality quizes and questions to try and make a match. There is also plenty of people to go through and chances are you can find a good match.

Christopher L Schafer

April 16th, 2018 Eugene, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Constant attempts to up sell. No refunds regardless of when you quit. Very hard to delete your data.

Selphie Keller

December 12th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently signed up for match.com as user name MYSTAGIC, and got a few people that contacted me, but I couldn't view or click on any of this stuff or even know who was viewing me, until I pay for service, so I paid for service to see who was messaging me, so I wrote some responses to a few people and started talking to someone and we were really hitting it off, but I had to sleep it was 3 am, so I logged out and the next day my account was terminated and no indication to why, and I know I didn't write anything offensive or bad, I uploaded a single photo, and barely used the site, I didn't even have service for more then 12 hours so I wasn't even able to setup anything or proceed with talking to the person I was talking with and now that I am no longer on the site I have no way to contact them. Using match.com was one of the most awful experiences I have ever had with any online site. They give no warning or even explain why your service was terminated, when you try to talk to them they simply refuse to give any real information, and after doing so research into this company they have had serious issues dating as far back as 2011. I paid for service on: 10 December 2017 at 00:11 am account was terminated at : 10 December 2017 at 06:14 am I only used the site for roughly 3 hours and got permanently terminated, for some unknown reason that they won't even tell me. The only response I got was some automated message of: ------------------------------------------------------------ Dear MYSTAGIC, We received your inquiry regarding the status of your Match membership. Please know that due to our Terms of Use, your Match account has been terminated. We believe this action to be in the best interests of our member community. We can also confirm that a full refund has been issued. Your bank can provide you more details about when it will appear on your statement, when the funds will be available to you, etc. If you paid to attend an upcoming Match Event, please know your name has been removed from the RSVP list and any charges associated with the event have been refunded. For reference, our Terms of Use can be accessed at the following link: http://www.match.com/registration/membagr.aspx. Regards, Match Corporate Care ------------------------------------------------------------ Overall, I do not recommend this site for any reason whatsoever. They robbed my chance of talking to someone that I found very interesting, though it's very possible that the activity sent to my account was entirely fake and generated by match.com to be fooled into buying service. Seeing how, not even moments after signing up I receive allegedly all this winks, profile likes, and private messages, from real users, which I find it hard to believe I got all that activity within my first 10 minutes of using the site with a incomplete profile. Then after buying services I could respond to these items. But then suddenly without warning my account is terminated, and I have to get a refund, thankfully, I paid through paypal and have buyer protection. If your looking for dating sites, I wouldn't put match.com any where near my choices, and I will never recommend this site to anyone, and anyone asking about this site, I will tell them the very short experience I had with it.

Michael

December 7th, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I stopped using the website but then I found a $71 USD charge on my credit card. match.com automatically charged me a 3 month renewal fee of $71 USD two days earlier. I received no email notice from them leading up to the automatic payment. I called their number and the operator said the best he can do is refund me $20.01 and he refused to transfer me to his supervisor. In summary they charged me $51 for a service I did not use.

Peter

November 13th, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Don't cancel through the dating site - do it through your bank! Once deleted, a site can't charge your account, and if they should do so, the bank is obliged to retrieve your funds and return your money to your account. Otherwise I find dating sites take up huge amounts of time as you can not know what kind of dating arrangements people have already in place when you first contact them. It is a bit of a 'cattle market' which can be exasperating. Also there is a lot of distrust among members which arises from all sorts of previous experiences. If you go for this kind of pass-time, take a deep breath first! Having said that, it does work, and I have met and had at least one long term 10 year relationship from Match.com. You do have to sift through a lot of nonsense though first before you find genuine people.

Lyudmila

November 3rd, 2017 Lakeland, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company does NOT really have huge pool of profiles. I mean - real profiles, as they keep ( with you even knowing it) EVERY profile they had during entire time the company exists ( like for 10+ years). They do NOT delete your profile if you were there. It is still there, it is still offered to current members . That is actually A FRAUD , as they are charging you for participation in the data base, which consists of maybe 75 % of old, already non-existent profiles. It is tricking you for their benefits.

S.S. C.

June 16th, 2017 Pueblo, CO

Beware of tricky cancellation policy. It's done online and even when you think you've done it right, you perhaps have not. It's an auto-renew and the only way to cancel is to stop auto-renewal and then go on and on and on to other screens. I thought I had officially cancelled but I was charged for 3 more months. Apparently the cancellation did not go through. I e-mail them the same day I saw they were about to charge me again to ask why and to try and stop the pending charge. I got no response. Later I went online to their customer service chat and was basically told too bad. I am now disputing the $74.00 charge with my credit card company. Very poor customer service experience.