Match.com Logo

6.1

LAST UPDATED: October 4th, 2021

Match.com officially launched online in April 1995 as the pioneer for the online dating industry. Match.com serves 24 countries and hosts websites now in 15 different languages. With a simple message, Match.com is available to help singles find the kind of relationships they're looking for.

Match.com members form a diverse, global community of singles who share common goals - to meet other singles, find dates, form romantic relationships and meet life partners. Young and old, gay and straight, from around the world, singles come to Match.com to flirt, meet, date, have fun, fall in love and to form meaningful, loving relationships.

Read our Match.com reviews (below) to see what other online daters are saying about this company.

Tinder Logo
3.7
Christian Connection Logo
#3 Christian Connection chevron_right
3.4

The Good

• Large Dating Pool
  • Free Trial
  • Site Features
  • Verification

Large Dating Pool

Match.com has been one of the world's largest dating sites since the online dating industry began. It's the most popular online dating app in seventeen states. This company has had many years to understand how online dating services work and have matching features more complicated than most other online dating sites today. Because there is such a large user base registered, Match.com's dating algorithm is more effective and precise about picking "Mutual Matches" than ever.

Free Trial

There's a free membership trial version available either online or as an app download. Match.com has a 6-month guarantee for its members. If a Match.com member is unsuccessful in finding matches, Match.com will give an additional 6-months of service added to their subscription free of charge.

Site Features

• Advanced Searching - Search options include users by who's online, keywords, gender, age, sexual orientation, location, any field included on member profiles, daily matches, reverse matches, mutual matches, smart search, DateSpark, and more.  Members can save their searches with a name attached to refer back to later.
  • Auto Sign-In - Set and turn-off auto sign-in to make logging in easier.
  • Available Advertising - Members can signup to advertise on Match.com websites for an additional price
  • Blocking Privileges & Reporting - Block or report users to keep your profile private and safe from harassment
  • Chat - Instantly send messages and chat with other match.com members online.
  • Email Notifications - Notifies you by email, anytime you have POF account activity waiting.
  • Favorites - Choose and stay updated with your favorite match.com members.
  • Games - Choose from seven, 1-5 minute games to play with other match.com members to increase interaction and offer compatibility.
  • Included Games: Best and Worst, Drawn Together, Food Critic, Gut Reaction, If I Could, Name that Dance, and Romantic Rip Off.
  • Happen Magazine - Read the weekly magazine offered by match.com that's always devoted to helping your love life.
  • Link Account To Facebook/Windows Live - Users can link their match.com profile to their Facebook or Windows Live account.
  • Match.com Guarantee - Match.com guarantees that their members will find possible matches through their site. If a match isn't found match.com will pay for an additional 6-month subscription.
  • MatchPhone - Up to $6.99/month more depending on the current plan. Talk to other match.com members on your own phone, while keeping your actual phone or contact information private.
  • Message Center - Keep track of your messages and conversations in one place. Organize, highlight, store, and delete messages conveniently.
  • Filtered Email -  Add  1 - 7 email filters of your choice. Specify attributes and filter certain members you'd like to receive emails from.
  • VIP Email - Send VIP emails once a week (resets every Monday). VIP messages will be bold and highlighted as they show up in the recipient's inbox. Also, the sender's profile will be highlighted as it's shown on the "VIP" member's profile.
  • Mobile Application - Works for Apple iPhone, Windows 7 Phone, Android - Updated May 2014
  • Match International - International dating profiles available in 15 languages.
  • Online Dating Safety Tips - Learn how to date smarter, safer, and with more confidence.
  • Phonebook - Keep contact information for all of your favorite match.com members with the Phonebook feature.
  • Profile Pro - Professional writers are available to write your match.com profile for an additional cost.
  • Registration - Register can connect with millions of other available singles.
  • Stir Events - Members are invited to attend "Stir Events" in their area as they're scheduled. These are local events around the country hosted by match.com. Stir Events are intended to let users get to know each other in a group setting while face to face.
  • Includes Events Such As: Bowling Nights, Cooking Classes, Dance Lessons, Happy Hours, Wine & Tequila Tastings, and More.
  • Who Viewed You Section - See what members have viewed your profile and how often.
  • Writing Help & Dating Tips - Improve your dating style with writing guides or lessons to teach better messaging and communication skills.

Verification

Match.com  has a new verification system where users can verify their profiles by connecting their Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn page. This verification process is optional. While the dating service does not conduct background checks regularly, they may do so if your profile is reported.

The Bad

Customer Complaints

Even though Match.com is one of the top online dating sites today, unfortunately, there are a lot of consumer complaints. Most of the claims are problems with the product or service issues. There have been many complaints about billing/collection as well as guarantee/warranty related issues. Members have also complained about getting spammed with dating emails, and having their credit card information stolen.

The Bottom Line

When most people think of online dating today, Match.com is a popular dating site. Men, women, online daters have been using this company for nearly two decades. However, there are a few pros and cons to consider. The free version is minimal and doesn't allow members the freedom to date and communicate as they please. So if you're considering Match.com, we suggest looking at a paid subscription so that you can get the most value with your online dating experience. Having a paid membership will give you access to all of match.com's unique and fun features but you have to be willing to shell out some money. But if you're newer to online dating, you may want to stick with the free version until you know that Match.com is right for you.

Many using Match.com have found long-term relationships, while others have complained of scammers and fake profiles. This is to be expected with pretty much all online dating services and dating apps as it is a relatively open social media site.

Given Match.com's experience, features, and a large user base, it is a viable option for online dating.

You can download Match.com's mobile app from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store.

View Best Online Dating Companies

eHarmony vs Match.com

View Comparison

2.6

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

After trying out Match.com for a month, I decided it was my least favorite dating website. There were hidden costs invovled in order to access all of the websites features, in addition to the monthly premium you already paid for. I can't say for sure, but in my case, many of the profile pictures were extremely outdated. Not one person out of the 4 I met in person looked anything like their photos, which were all over 5+ old. Lastly, I didn't care for the types of people that I was being "matched" with. The questionnaire is not helpful in narrowing down the search for like minded people in my opinion. To top it off, Match, charges more than other dating sites that I think offer better service.

Jwllry Blog Brisbane, QLD

I've been a Subscription paying member of Match twice in the last 2years. Each time I paid for 6mths and received an extra month or two plus a discount which was nice. HOWEVER, all of that did not make up for the huge numbers of scammer driven profiles. Without exception, all the good looking men were scammer driven profiles. Even as an older female, I have a good memory and remember such things as profile wording and individual photos. I also used methods like FakesBook, reverse image search, reverse phone number lookup, etc. Particular profile wordings were connected to specific photos. So as soon as I read the profile wording I knew it was scammer driven. I say 'scammer driven' because the photos are stolen from innocent men's social media. The scammers must run the show I think. I would report up to 20 profiles each day but the same photos and profile wording would reappear after a couple of weeks. Obviously, the scammers paid with stolen credit cards because Match is not cheap, which always made me wonder whether Match ever checked or verified payments. In the end, I decided not to pay again because I NEVER ACTUALLY GOT TO THE POINT OF MEETING ANYBODY FROM THE SITE IN PERSON. Even now I still get my 24 'matches' sent in an email daily, but they are the same tired old photos along with a good smattering of fake profiles. Even if I block a member due to being quite obviously not suitable that profile continues to be presented to me. WHY SHOULD I KEEP PAYING FOR THAT LEVEL OF BAD SERVICE? Only an idiot would keep paying. NOT ONE SINGLE GENUINE INTRODUCTION TO AN ACTUAL PERSON! And that's after viewing every profile between the ages of 30 and 70 on the whole east coast of my country. PLENTY OF SCAMMER DRIVEN PROFILES TO CHOOSE FROM AND DREAM ABOUT! But that's as close as I'll ever get on that dating site. I HAVE WASTED 2YEARS AT A TIME IN MY LIFE WHEN EVERY DAY IS PRECIOUS.

Toni Montuori

MATCH a is a staple in on line dating. I’ve used it many times with satisfaction. Their prices are competitive and the website is easy and clear to navigate and set up your profile. This is without question the most well-known place for singles to meet and I would recommend it.

Linden Ritchie Tucson, AZ

I paid good money for this service. When I was having trouble remembering my e-mail and password combination, I requested password reset help. After getting a new password, it quit working. I then was arbitrarily "cancelled". The reason they gave me was " suspicious activity." I was simply trying to access my account. I spent 4 hours talking to the five different customer service agents (that speak marginal English) with the same answer from all of the; your account has been suspended and it was for ' suspicious activity'. Who runs a business like this? In all my years, I would say that of all the 'customer experiences ' I have had with anyone, this company is the worst. There is little to no accountability. It's no wonder the Federal Government sued them a few years ago. In fact, I hop Match goes under. Soon. Signed, Linden Ritchie Tucson This company took my money. It's plain and simple. Match is unscrupuloius. They will rip you off if they can. They avoid resolving issue, put you on hold for hours and there is no accountability. Don't try calling head office because they will firewall you. I will however, get my pounf of flesh even if I have to drive to Dallas to fin Joe C COO, Sam Y CFO or anyone else that cares about customer service.

LeAnn Baytown, TX

I found my husband on Match💞 I definitely recommend it to all my single friends. The app is super user friendly. And hopefully I never have to use it again…but if the need does ever arise… I surely will. 😅

sally nims Fairport, NY

Match.com is a TOTAL RIP OFF! They leave OLD ads up, have MANY FAKE ads also! MOST of the people you see that you'd like to meet, aren't even active anymore, and haven't been for over 3 months! It's FAKE advertising should get them shut down!

Brick Sturner Kissimmee, FL

It's very simple: I paid (in advance, as all must do) and met and for a short while, dated a woman. It turns out she was more than a leeetle crazy, was a sycophant, OH, and a liar!! The sixth week she goes, "I should have mentioned that I'm married." I broke it off, she cyber-stalked me, and filed some complaint to Match and they promptly terminated my account without due process or a refund. So basically they are an uncaring, nameless, voiceless, greed machine that ALSO OWNS OkCupid and Hinge, from which I've also been terminated without a refund. Isn't this unamerican? The psychos and truth deniers are influencing Match so if you value your money, don't use Match, OkCupid, or Hinge.

Gabe Burton Riverton, UT

Trash. Lots of fake accounts or gross predatory people on here. It was cool at first, but then the bots got ahold of it, and it's just spam. Never get responses back but am always spammed with messages saying they want to meet.

Marcel Moraru Fort Lauderdale, FL

After you pay the fee, the phone verification comes up. I use same phone for 10 plus years, never on a dating site before, than I cant log on. Customer servuce says my phone number violated their polucies, and , at my request, issued a "prorated refund! Prorated for what, I cant log in period . Not to mention that Customer service works only regular business hours, Monday through Friday! Really! So you have to enter communication during your working hours!

Gurpreet Deol Edmonton, AB

I have joined Match in the past and this time, I thought I would be appreciated as a customer. I was offered a discounted price via email, but I make a mistake during the purchase and ended up paying more. I reached out to Match.com customer service and they said there was nothing they could do about it. Match.com is a money scam. Do not sign up. I signed up for 3 months, and I have never been so disappointed. The choice of men on there was horrible too. Very needy men who keep messaging you repeatedly if you do not reply. Not a single good catch in 3 months. What does that tell you? Match.com will talk themselves up and advertise itself well, but you will be very disappointed to learn you wasted your money. They do not care about their customers, or care to keep them. Due to a low number of people signing up, they’ll take your money and then you’re stuck with them for a few months. I’ve never been so frustrated.

RB Lancaster, CA

I used MATCH, but many fake accounts. MATCH needs to do a better job in preventing scammers ob this website. Otherwise, it is easy to use.

Patricia Leto Levittown, NY

Total ripoff! It says you cancel at any time, but you can't. They keep making the automatic withdrawals on your credit card. I kept posting pictures for my profile, but they kept rejecting them, so no one could message me. You'll be sorry if you register with this site.

Katie Kearney Vienna, VA

I was always against online dating because you always here those horror stories. My sister had told me one day that "online dating introduces you to people you might not meet." I took that to heart because the things I liked to do didn't really offer me a lot of opportunities to meet people and so I decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did. I spent some time in the app and it was really easy to navigate through and search for potential matches. I was able to put as much information about myself as I wanted. After a couple days on the app, I met my, now, husband! If you are debating trying online dating, I would tell you to take the risk! It can be so worth it in the end.

Antonia Milwaukee, WI

I signed up for the three month subscription. In the mist of this, I met someone, not on Match.com, so I wanted to cancel my last month. I canceled online then had to call them because given the fine print, it looked like they were going to charge me for a month I was never going to use. Sure enough, the woman on the phone told me that they wouldn't refund my last month, that I hadn't used yet, that was about a month and a half away. I feel as if I was scammed. They took my money for a month, I am never going to use. This should be illegal. I feel like its fraud.

Kevin Rusch Tooele, UT

Made the mistake of trying match.com again after a couple years away. I left because of deceptive billing practices and false matching and likes they create in an attempt to keep users engaged. Like before, as I neared the end of my term, I could no longer access my account settings or change my password. I received an error message multiple times and was directed to email customer support. I attempted this process multiple times over a few weeks with no luck. Of course during this process they withdrew double the membership fee I originally signed up for and they still have not resolved access to my account. I can navigate all areas of my account accept for my membership section. Very dishonest business approach and shocked I was dumb enough to use match.com again. Biggest crooks in the online dating world. Won't make the same mistake again. Users beware....this dating services is worse than a third rate gym membership when attempting to cancel. Steer clear!!!

Peter

Don't cancel through the dating site - do it through your bank! Once deleted, a site can't charge your account, and if they should do so, the bank is obliged to retrieve your funds and return your money to your account. Otherwise I find dating sites take up huge amounts of time as you can not know what kind of dating arrangements people have already in place when you first contact them. It is a bit of a 'cattle market' which can be exasperating. Also there is a lot of distrust among members which arises from all sorts of previous experiences. If you go for this kind of pass-time, take a deep breath first! Having said that, it does work, and I have met and had at least one long term 10 year relationship from Match.com. You do have to sift through a lot of nonsense though first before you find genuine people.

Steve Pitman Largo, FL

I was with match for about 3 months,i wasnt impressed,i got the feeling some members were very untruthful

Antonia Montague , IL

I guess it's just the time we live in, but meeting people is difficult these days. Most people look for a site that will help them meet up with someone who matches their interest. I used Match.com and it was overall an interesting experience, for lack of a better word. First you pay a fee. (The fees are not astronomical). Then you set up a profile, upload some pictures and you're on your way. I would say that Match has a large selection of people because they're one of the better known sites. It is up to you to "vet" the people you're talking with. I met some good people. I met some I wasn't interested in. I met someone I'm still seeing a year and a half later. Overall, my experience was good. The only disappointment I had was with trying to cancel services. Be careful that you're not charged beyond your cancellation date, and double check to make sure your profile is removed when you're no longer interested in their services.

Thomas Bonin Seattle, WA

Within minutes of signing up, liking a few profiles, and sending a few messages (all totally benign) my account was blocked with no explanation. I got a refund (possibly only because my PayPal payment had not fully gone through), but my research revealed that people have been blocked just for hitting “like” without paying for it. Ridiculous and insulting. I would give this site a zero if possible.

raywood ,

The website has serious bugs. I have encountered these: (1) Women have told me that the history of our conversation disappears sometimes. In other words, they can't see what we've written to each other previously. Some have gotten mad at me, on the assumption that this is because I blocked them. When I complained about this, Match customer support seemed to be unable to understand what I was saying. They actually advised me to clear my browser's cache and cookies, as if this would change what other people see on the website. (2) For weeks now, I have had problems logging in. Yesterday, for example, I was not able to log in to Match.com using the Chrome browser. Instead, I was redirected to uk.match.com. Great if I lived in Britain, but I don't. I was able to log in using Firefox, but that was atypical. Most days, an attempt to log in on Firefox runs me through the website's Captcha, and then puts me back at the login screen. Match.com customer service has been completely unhelpful: here, again, they keep sending back messages suggesting that I clear my browser's cache and cookies.

Philip Rose Aurora, CO

I was only a paying customer for one month. It absolutely did not work for me. However, I have no complaints about their management or business model. I spoke with 2 of their "dating coaches" and they tried to be helpful. I took myself off because i was spinning my wheels, going nowhere with match. If you are an older fellow like me, 68, and you just want to look at the pictures of ladies, they have plenty of them. However, if getting a response from any of them or actually meeting someone, my experience tells me that your chances are so very slim. I joined and immediately heard from 2 ladies. Then 2 days later both were not on the site anymore. From there I became proactive. i sent courteous, well written intro. messages to 27 ladies. 26 ignored my messages. One gave a one sentence response just wishing me luck. I am a decent looking gentleman with strong character traits, just what these ladies claim to want to meet. here lies the problems: More than half of the ladies in their 60's on match state their preference for men is the men need to be 45-58 years old. This is something that would make them feel younger about themselves. They have little interest in a man's character just so long as he is considerably younger than them and I will add, that these women, many 5'3'"-5'6" demand that the men they are interested in must be at least 6' tall. being in great level of fitness as I am apparently counted for zero as I am a truthful 5'9". So fellas, if you want to date women 10-15 years older than you & you are a tall man, then you may have a chance on match.com with these wonderful ladies in their 60's. I did not want any part of their nonsense. After a disappointing month, I exited match.com. However, I do not have anything negative to say about the company or its practices.

Melissa Pleasant Grove, UT

I tried several online dating sites over a period of about two years and I liked Match.com the best. The site is easy to use, the communication features and settings are convenient - and, most importantly, I felt that the quality of the people I was matched with was much higher than sites like OKCupid or PlentyofFish... I never found my match on Match.com, though...

Amber Williams Salt Lake City, UT

Great company. Im married now and life is good

Madelyn Moselle, MS

I met my husband 7 years ago on match.com Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined meeting the man of my dreams from a computer screen. It's been 7 wonderful years. Thankyou match. I would and have suggested this dating site to many....and to see my friends finding love just as I did is amazing.

Jonathan Sophie ,

bad, they run an oline scam to steal your money. they charged you even if you don't have an account with them. Once you put your card in this website, they gonna steal your money monthly! There's no contact point or support!. be careful

LukeVas New York, NY

1. In my personal observation hence perception, this outfit and their affiliates are likely plagued with FRAUD. They collect hefty fees for making people to believe that customers will have access to hundreds of thousands if not millions of singles, seeking marriage, friendship, companionship, etc. if they pay hefty fees UP FRONT, and go along with additional piecemeal traps for paying more and more. Moreover, they plant "lawyers" and other observers into the pool, making sure that that their scheme is not uncovered or not distributed among customer thus provoking mass cancellations. 2. It starts with something like "FREE, find millions of singles looking for you, FREE". They collect your info, but at the end of the FREE subscription process you see nothing until you "subscribe", i.e. buy into their fraudulent tricks. You see nothing for free, but ... NOTE!! ... now they have your what they call PROFILE. It's the profile's they merchandise, sell, promise, use for temptation, and for enticing people into their process. Note again, you haven't signed up yet, but they already your profile, and even if you do not want to subscribe, you cannot withdraw your information. It's all out there, sold, marketed, viewed, as if you were already a member. Of course, the viewers won't get a response, but that can happen from legitimate members too if they are not interested. Hard to tell, and they milk the last penny out of this scenario. But, that's not all. 3. Members' subscription expire, or they quick. They are out. But not their PROFILE. They continue to get merchandised, viewed, and offered for view. Again, those seeking responses from these will not get any because the folks they are "viewing" are not around. But they do not know that, and have no way to ever know that - unless their friends or others join and see nonexistent members' PROFILES still floating around in the system, bringing in moneys. In other words, they sell merchandise that does not exist!! 4. If you get suspicious and ask questions about the system, or about what's going on, and one of their on line floaters see it, you get terminated from the system for violating the "terms of the agreement", but no refund! I hope this provokes thought, and attracts scrutiny. In my opinion, this is largely a fraudulent operation.

Selphie Keller Los Angeles, CA

I recently signed up for match.com as user name MYSTAGIC, and got a few people that contacted me, but I couldn't view or click on any of this stuff or even know who was viewing me, until I pay for service, so I paid for service to see who was messaging me, so I wrote some responses to a few people and started talking to someone and we were really hitting it off, but I had to sleep it was 3 am, so I logged out and the next day my account was terminated and no indication to why, and I know I didn't write anything offensive or bad, I uploaded a single photo, and barely used the site, I didn't even have service for more then 12 hours so I wasn't even able to setup anything or proceed with talking to the person I was talking with and now that I am no longer on the site I have no way to contact them. Using match.com was one of the most awful experiences I have ever had with any online site. They give no warning or even explain why your service was terminated, when you try to talk to them they simply refuse to give any real information, and after doing so research into this company they have had serious issues dating as far back as 2011. I paid for service on: 10 December 2017 at 00:11 am account was terminated at : 10 December 2017 at 06:14 am I only used the site for roughly 3 hours and got permanently terminated, for some unknown reason that they won't even tell me. The only response I got was some automated message of: ------------------------------------------------------------ Dear MYSTAGIC, We received your inquiry regarding the status of your Match membership. Please know that due to our Terms of Use, your Match account has been terminated. We believe this action to be in the best interests of our member community. We can also confirm that a full refund has been issued. Your bank can provide you more details about when it will appear on your statement, when the funds will be available to you, etc. If you paid to attend an upcoming Match Event, please know your name has been removed from the RSVP list and any charges associated with the event have been refunded. For reference, our Terms of Use can be accessed at the following link: http://www.match.com/registration/membagr.aspx. Regards, Match Corporate Care ------------------------------------------------------------ Overall, I do not recommend this site for any reason whatsoever. They robbed my chance of talking to someone that I found very interesting, though it's very possible that the activity sent to my account was entirely fake and generated by match.com to be fooled into buying service. Seeing how, not even moments after signing up I receive allegedly all this winks, profile likes, and private messages, from real users, which I find it hard to believe I got all that activity within my first 10 minutes of using the site with a incomplete profile. Then after buying services I could respond to these items. But then suddenly without warning my account is terminated, and I have to get a refund, thankfully, I paid through paypal and have buyer protection. If your looking for dating sites, I wouldn't put match.com any where near my choices, and I will never recommend this site to anyone, and anyone asking about this site, I will tell them the very short experience I had with it.

S.S. C. Pueblo, CO

Beware of tricky cancellation policy. It's done online and even when you think you've done it right, you perhaps have not. It's an auto-renew and the only way to cancel is to stop auto-renewal and then go on and on and on to other screens. I thought I had officially cancelled but I was charged for 3 more months. Apparently the cancellation did not go through. I e-mail them the same day I saw they were about to charge me again to ask why and to try and stop the pending charge. I got no response. Later I went online to their customer service chat and was basically told too bad. I am now disputing the $74.00 charge with my credit card company. Very poor customer service experience.

Melissa B. Gainesville, FL

I had only signed up for a few days (paid for in advance for a six month subscription) , and it was going very slow. I'm average looking / weight wise, all normal (with pics) but go one email in several days. So when I contacted them by email to cancel , all I got was useless canned replies. I had to call, so I did. I hate calling any business due to social anxiety so doing this is a challenge,but I wanted my refund. I had to deal with some immature high-school giggling bimbo type , who claimed she couldn't hear me . I don't know why that would be , but the main irritant was the useless giggling with others around her. I had to hang up as I got nowhere. Will definitely cancel before renewal.

Laura Pleasant Grove, UT

I was a member since November and bought the "private" option (making my subscription price about $10 more) and would also occasionally pay for "undercover" to favorite and look at profiles without leaving a trace that I had seen them. It all started failing around 2 weeks ago. Bought "undercover" - as I had done many times - and looked at (and favorited) profiles which, afterward, stated "they can see you." The last straw was going online tonight while my profile was in "hidden" mode - where, supposedly, no one can see you and you don't come up in searches. Well, someone had viewed me. I sent them multiple e-mails twice about the undercover issue a week ago. No response. Being paranoid (it feels like either a staff member is messing with me, someone hacked my profile or their site is faulty), I immediately pulled my photos and canceled my subscription. It's terrible that their customer service dept. can't even respond when you're paying those fees. And half the time I wondered if the profiles I looked at were even real ones. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Valeria Londoño Miami, FL

I think there is a huge market for online dating, especially during the pandemic. Not too sure if Match.com was for me. It was an easy way to meet people, but not sure if it really matches you with compatible people. I have heard great stories from friends about it, but it was just not for me.

Tiffany I Gaithersburg, MD

I only did the trial but had a great time in a week span. I met so many guys and I still keep in touch. I met guys from different parts off the area that I never would have considered. Think this site really works.

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

Match.com worked for me. The questionaire was easy and thorough at the same time and I was able to find a match for me. It was a painless introduction to meeting new people and it was great.

Katie Marz Orem, UT

I liked this dating site because I feel like there are a lot of kind genuine people on this site! But I don't think this site is everyone's first choice, so there are less people. I've had good experiences with the customer service of this site as well.

Shawn McMahon Wausau, WI

Easy to navigate app. Found plenty of singles in my area, and found a match in just a few weeks.

J S Montrose, CO

I don't like much of anything about match there's not much to like it is basically at big rip off and lies and automated messages and fake profiles and delinquent old profiles that are not active they just keep a leading you along you never get an answer from anyone you message because they are not there

Ryan Matheson Garden City, ID

This is a great way to meet people! It was a little expensive but back in the day I met some nice girls.

Ruth Pensacola, FL

BUYER BEWARE!! They hook you in and then its like a bait and switch. They send you matches not even close to what your requirements are and then when you ask questions about not being able to sign in they cancel you. And when you ask for a reason why ,they tell you (this is verbatim) "Due to our privacy practices, we cannot disclose specifics about any Match account, including your own. " Very unprofessional.

Kat

Rubbish - don’t do it! You can’t cancel it! They don’t answer the phone- no Matter what option you choose - there is no one to speak to - ever! They say the only way to stop it auto renewing from an iPhone is to do it from settings - subscriptions- it’s not there in my list. I paid £60 the first time for 6months, I used it for all of 2 weeks - it’s was rubbish and even though I thought I’d cancelled it it then it auto renewed and charged me £119.34!!!!! I went to PayPal who came back saying that my refund had been declined! Steer well clear of this money machine!

Patrick Beverly Hills, CA

Scam. I signed up for this twice, each time for 6 months. A lot of fraudulent profiles. Especially when your subscription runs out. What happens after it ends is that all of the sudden you will get a lot of women liking you and sending you messages. When you resubscribe to see who liked you and messaged you, the majority of the time their accounts are no longer active or hidden. After the second subscription ran out, sure enough I received a lot of likes and messages. Would I renew?? Nope, no thanks, pass.

Elaine R Chicago, IL

I actually was liking match for the one day I could use it before they canceled me because I am married. I was transparent in my profile that I am married and live with and take care of my husband who is cognitively and physically disabled. Apparently this disqualifies me despite the fact that this is a growing demographic. They had 2 weeks to review and see this as an issue before I paid and another week from when I paid to when I started responding to messages to notice this and determine that I shouldn't be canceled, but didn't do anything.

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

I like the personality quizes and questions to try and make a match. There is also plenty of people to go through and chances are you can find a good match.

Michael

I stopped using the website but then I found a $71 USD charge on my credit card. match.com automatically charged me a 3 month renewal fee of $71 USD two days earlier. I received no email notice from them leading up to the automatic payment. I called their number and the operator said the best he can do is refund me $20.01 and he refused to transfer me to his supervisor. In summary they charged me $51 for a service I did not use.

Lyudmila Lakeland, FL

This company does NOT really have huge pool of profiles. I mean - real profiles, as they keep ( with you even knowing it) EVERY profile they had during entire time the company exists ( like for 10+ years). They do NOT delete your profile if you were there. It is still there, it is still offered to current members . That is actually A FRAUD , as they are charging you for participation in the data base, which consists of maybe 75 % of old, already non-existent profiles. It is tricking you for their benefits.

David Houston, TX

Match gave me very poor customer service. The search functions are also broken, ignoring your profile and sending you matches you dont want to see. The number of "active" users seems questionable as well. On my search I was met with mostly profile that said they were active within 3 weeks. Which is the longest it will say. To me this means the "active" member counto is questionable. The site looks dead from my perspective.

Laura Pleasant Grove, UT

95% of the email I receive on Match.com is from fake users trying to get me to use my personal email. I received identical paragraphs of overly-flattering, trying to sound American email from multiple users. This is because Match.com encourages people to join free for 3 days so the spammers in some other country just keep grabbing a photo off the Internet and joining under many names. BEWARE!!!

Janie Dennis Tallahassee, FL

I have been able to find and match with amazing people on this app! We have stayed friends but it really is nice when you don't have time to meet people in person!

Alyssa Boren American Fork, UT

It was easy to navigate my way around the website. It was good at finding guys that had similar interests and seemed a good fit for me. It made it faster to find people I was interested in.

Anne Sainsbury Payson, UT

I tried Match.com for a whole evening and it was okay. Not my favorite app to get around, kind of confusing. But people on this dating site were pretty nice and I got a few good dates out of it!

Charlene Mackay Orem, UT

My husband and I met on match.com 7 years ago. It was my favorite dating site, and I felt like I met the best people there. Better than other services I tried!