gk2gk.com, also called geek to geek or Gk2Gk, was founded in 2004 and is currently headquartered out of Miami, Florida. gk2gk.com is a dating site for nobody other than geeks, dorks, or nerds! What they describe as a geek is somebody who is into Star Wars, Cosplay, Anime, Star Trek, Dragon Age, World of World Craft or anything similar to those fan groups or science fiction. Fortunately, niches like Star Wars have a very large fan base, meaning gk2gk.com could potentially have a lot of members compared to other niche sites. We have found that the geek dating site currently has upwards of about 200,000 member profiles.

Upon signing up for a membership, members will be able to browse through thousands of photos. With Gk2Gk's free option, members also have the ability to "Show Interest" in another profile, whether the profile that they are interested in belongs to a paid member or not. Once (or if) you become a paid Gk2Gk member, the dating service will then send you emails of matches that it has matched you up with, using their scientific statistical data analysis. These emails and their frequency can be customized in your profile settings. Gk2Gk is great for geeks and nerds, creative types, or anyone who shares an interest in geek culture or nerd passions.

As of November 2018, gk2gk.com is unavailable. When users input gk2gk.com in the address bar, the page takes a long time to load and eventually users get a "This site can't be reached" message, it is unknown whether the site has been shut down or rebranded.

We recommend looking into other top-rated online dating sites.

#1 Tinder chevron_right
3.2
#2 Christian Connection chevron_right
#3 Match.com chevron_right
2.3

The Good

• Membership Pricing
  • Niche Dating Site
  • Good Reviews

Membership Pricing

With Gk2Gk, basic membership is free. When users just have a free membership, they can browse profiles and even "Show Interest" in a profile they see and like. However, if you want to use some of their more advanced features, you would need to upgrade to their Silver or Gold Membership. Luckily, their Gold Membership is fairly priced; their most expensive monthly payment option would be $21.99. With a membership, users can...

• Message and reply to messages
  • Chat with other subscribers
  • Link to member's blogs
  • Remove members from search results
  • Thoroughly customize their profile

There are many ways members can customize their profile; from uploading personal videos and photos, to listing interests and hobbies.

Niche Dating Site

Unlike some online dating sites, this website attracts a very specific crowd that share all the same interest. With a paid membership, users are able to personally prioritize their top 3 criteria, so matches can be ranked according to individual priorities. If it's video games, Star Trek, or other science fiction passions, this is an easy and straightforward way to be matched up with somebody who geeks over the same things.

On gk2gk.com, geeks can customize and reject certain members from their search results, so that they do not get that certain person as a match in their match emails. Users also have the ability to create a favorite list of their favorite members that they have looked at. These features only come with the paid membership, and not the free membership.

Overall, the best part about this site is how niche and targeted it is. This could be a potential negative because it does cater to a smaller audience meaning there are fewer members to browse through, but at least the members know they are browsing through profiles that share similar interests and nerd passions. Either way, users know they will find plenty of geeks

Good Reviews

Most of the positive customer ratings state that Gk2Gk's site is generally fun and lighthearted and the profiles are very easy to navigate.

The Bad

• Spammy Website
  • Poor Customer Service
  • Auto-Renewal
  • No Mobile App
  • No Safety Features

Spammy Website

There are many customer reviews and testimonials all over the web about how they, the Gk2Gk members, believe that gk2gk.com is a scam. They claim that most of the profiles on there are fake and that there are more scammers than actual "single and looking geeks" on the website. There are even websites dedicated to exposing gk2gk.com as a scam and dishonest website. This could all be due to the fact that they do not have a user verification process and poor safety precautions.

Poor Customer Service

Their customer service is almost non-existent. If you want to speak with customer support, they only give you the choice to send in a message from their site, or send in snail mail to their listed address. Also, their FAQ page only answers a few questions and doesn't list or answer some of the more important ones members may have. For example, if people are browsing dating sites and want to learn more about prices of Gk2Gk's upgraded subscriptions, people won't be able to find it on their FAQ site or quickly call into contact customer support. They will have to subscribe first to their basic, free membership to learn more about their other memberships and pricing. This shows a lack of transparency.

Auto-Renewal

Members who subscribe to gk2gk.com's paid services will automatically be enrolled in an auto-renewal subscription. This means that every year their membership will auto-renew unless the member completes the relevant cancellation form.

No Mobile App

Gk2Gk currently does not offer users a mobile app for either Android or iOS phone systems. However, the mobile landing page is fairly well laid out and easy to use.

No Safety Features

The only information the dating website provides about its online dating safety is that it claims "secure online dating." Unfortunately, it does not conduct background checks or have a way to report users. This is unfortunate because safety and security are crucial for online dating sites. Members need to at least feel secure exposing their personal information to strangers that they have never met.

The Bottom Line

Gk2Gk is a great site for people who are passionate about certain tv shows, movies, video games, board games, comics, or hobbies that most of society may find "geeky." Geeks, nerds, and dorks can join the site knowing that they will be looking through profiles of thousands of people with similar interests and passions. With an upgraded membership, users can also be matched up with singles that have exactly the same interests (top three interests match), making it easier to sift through their database.

However, there were too many negative reviews and ratings floating around the web for us to recommend them as a dating website. Users claim that the website is nearly empty or that there are very few real profiles. Customers also claim that it is filled with fake profiles and scammers. This could be due to their poor safety precautions that are set and place and the fact that they do not rigorously verify users. Because of these reasons, we cannot recommend gk2gk.com at this time.

View Best Online Dating Companies

1.0

Orochimaru
September 13th, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

As some others have said, this site is a total scam. I was on it once a long time ago (3+ years) and after coming back a couple of months ago to reply to a "flirt" I paid for a "trial"...little did I know, and it was not stated ANYWHERE that they would continue to charge me, now at 5X the price. The profiles there are some of the EXACT same as when I was on 3+ years ago, and those were the "flirts" I was getting, I replied back and nothing, more spam, all scam. DON'T GO HERE!

DMaria
July 20th, 2018 Moline, IL DETAILS

Pretty low tech for a "geek" dating site but easy to use. I met someone in the first month that I clicked with and 3 yrs later we are still very much in love.

Mathew
May 2nd, 2018 Manteca, CA DETAILS

I revisit the site only to discover that I had been signed out somehow. I try to log in, and get an invalid account or password message. So I go to “forgot password” and discover that no account exists under this email. So this tell me that the site deleted my account. Right after I paid a three month subscription.

Pawel
January 8th, 2018 DETAILS

This website is a scam...I guess there's no real girls there. Very unhelpful Customer Service. Waste of money!!!

Sue Siegmund
January 3rd, 2018 Duncan, OK DETAILS

The website went down within a couple weeks of my joining, and I don't think they have any intention of fixing it. I'm glad I didn't authorize recurrent payments, just wondering if I'll ever get my $34.95 back. Didn't see much there I liked either.

Ryan
July 12th, 2017

I didn't do my research on this site, Geeks what could go wrong? RIght? In 10 minutes of being on the site after paying a 3 month subscription, I found there to be less than 100 active users online and so many fake profiles that I got tired of writing a complaints about them to the site. I sent a "super Wink' As the site calls it, which basically broadcasts a message to the users. I asked in that Super Wink if there were any REAL PEOPLE here or are you all bots. Not one response indicating they were all bots, either creating new fake profiles or as place holders making the site appear to have active members

Alina
June 26th, 2017

I've created an account on Gk2gk just today and I've been blocked literally in half an hour without any notice. I tried to find out at their customer service why I've been blocked (I didn't even manage to contact anyone, just filled my profile in a bit. Their reply was just "brilliant"! "Hi there (note, they don't even address to me with my name), It has come to our attention that this profile is being used in an inappropriate manner consistent with other illegitimate accounts on our site. After some investigation we have decided to delete your profile information from our database." 0 from 10 service. I am non-US resident, Ukrainian citizen, so by default they consider *everyone* non-US a scammer. I never posted anything inappropriate, usual selfies, a bit of answers. Support wasn't helpful at all, not even trying to be polite or understanding.

Michael Lyman
June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I consider myself a bit of a geek. Video games is a passion of mine, I play and went to school to design them. I thought that using Geek2Geek could possibly help me find a girl who was also into some geeky hobbies. There were hardly any girls, and the girls who were on there weren't into any of the same hobbies. I gave up on hoping to find my geeky match and went with another dating app. Funnily enough I found my fiance on a different app and she is nerdy as can be. Apparently she also used this app, just at a different time than I did.

Mary Walker
May 18th, 2017

DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!!!!!! I was charged 4 times in two days for 34.95. It bounced my account and I did not authorize the payments. I was not notified that they were going to happen. To get a hold of a representative, I had to fill out an online request form. Customer service would not refund my money. I had to call my bank and stop the payments and cancel my debit card. COMPLETELY NOT WORTH IT

Kim Marckmann (Kimporeon)
May 17th, 2017 Dallas, TX

No. Just no. I'd first joined in 2009 when I moved to a major metropolitan area and had good luck with finding dates as well as a gaming group I am with to this day. I had a gold membership that enabled non-paying members to write to me which I'm sure helped. I put it on pause for a few years and came back last year to see that it was run by a different hosting company and was totally revamped. Gold memberships were no longer available and most of the messages I got were blast messages sent to multiple other women so they weren't even meant for me (some of the men even made it clear that they wouldn't associate with me due to my being 30, my having a child, or my race. I hate to bring race into it but those are the facts). I had to pay to see even these messages. I paid for a 6 month package that came with a guarantee of 6 more free months if I didn't find someone. In that year I got 2 responses. It was the worst result I had ever gotten on a dating site and once that free 6 months was over I deleted myself entirely. I have had much better luck on other sites so that shows me that wasn't me. It was the site.

Lia
January 23rd, 2017

Horrible site. No communication regarding payments. They charge you whenever they feel like it. And if you dare to contact their support team you might receive a sarcastic few words answer. Oh and the site is down a lot so you will be paying for not being able to log in.

John Dawson
January 18th, 2017 Rego Park, NY

Poor customer service and site was inaccessible for two months of pre-paid access; no response to request for refund or to Better Business Bureau complaint filed.

Rb
January 18th, 2017

This site is a scam. I've responded to dozens of emails and haven't received a response back from anyone. Gk2gk said perhaps they aren't paying members. So not only is it like finding a needle in a haystack to find the right guy, now it's a needle in a haystack search to find a paid member that can respond to my emails. This site is a joke, don't don't don't spend any money here

mitfox
January 13th, 2017 Tallmadge, OH

I have been on this site rather religiously for over a year hoping to find someone special, but this whole site is full of fake accounts and spambots...if it's not constantly down for maintenance.. Gk2gk is nothing but a terrible site who takes advantage of people looking for love. Do not give them your money

Dem Spade
December 26th, 2016 Seaford, NY

This website was once very promising. So much so that I foolishly paid for a lifetime membership many years ago. At first I did meet some wonderful people on there, actually in person as well. Then all went silent. No recent users. No replies to messages. No new members. I stopped checking. After some time I decided to log back on and see if things have changed or improved. Sadly, there's no record of my paid for lifetime membership. Every time I try to log on or request help, the website times out or shows error messages. So, I decided to try creating a new profile just to view the site. No luck. Error messages and time outs. I would have thought that a website made just for "geeks" could be run by some genuinely intelligent ones who could manage a simple website. I would cancel my membership if I could access it.

Kyle Hibbing
November 27th, 2016

You will likely only find 10 relevant matches within 50 miles, of them only 3 may be real people, of those maybe one of them is someone you're actually interested in. Unless he/she says yes to a date, you've just wasted a lot of time and money.

Ty Salters
November 11th, 2016 Elizabeth, NJ

This was a good site, met my last GF on here after talking on gk2gk, paused my membership but came back over a year later. Now you can't talk to a non member cause they cant see your messages, my e-mail is constantly spammed by fake profiles, no live chat feature anymore and the final straw is when the site crash and as of this typing hasn't recovered, thankfully I had paypal and was able to cancel payment that way before the next renewal period though them. A lot of changes was made, most for the worse, stay away.

Brad Birdlington (Birdman)
November 4th, 2016 Carlisle, PA

I've had a lot of messages. several when I opened the trial account making me think the site worked. so I paid for a membership which at the time was only available by the year. only to find out all of the messages are the same. I was duped. when I canceled my account they said sorry but you can't have your money back. enjoy your year with our useless site, but we promise not to charge you again. I chalked it up to an expensive mistake in a moment of weakness. I'm hoping to stop some people from doing the same. it's worth mentioning I've had the account for several months now and have had 1 maybe 2 real people message me. I've had several messages and likes per week since opening the account. DON'T DO IT!

Jephael
November 3rd, 2016

Just got an e-mail from my PayPal account that they're continuing my monthly subscription fee even though the site is down. This is so bogus!!! I did get a phone number to call, but the guy didn't seem to be much help. I'm going to contact both PayPal and my bank to cancel payment.

October 25th, 2016 VA

I kept receiving a CloudFlare Error522. This has been occurring for the last three weeks now. And there's NO one to reach and or contact hope this company goes out of busy.... Worst ever!

jstown506
October 22nd, 2016 Auburn, WA

I was having a good experience when the site went down. I am getting a CloudFlare Error522. This has been occurring for a week now. Time is money. I have tried emailing them for support but it appears that they have fallen off the map.

Adam Hamilton
October 20th, 2016

Total scam, full of fake profiles from video sex chat girls fishing for nerds.

Boxy Boxington
October 19th, 2016 Stafford, VA

Site went down right after I subscribed. It has been down since. Will definitely not be re-subbing.

Edward Raymond
October 17th, 2016 Haltom City, TX

Have not found anything to get ahold of people cause I have not been able to get on the site for days.

Colt Jonathan Huddleston
October 17th, 2016 Freehold, NJ

I joined the site in hopes of finding someone with similar interests and a personality that fits with mine, but what I got were hundreds of messages from "women" who all sent one of 5 generic messages, word for word, letter for letter, and I couldn't read them until I paid for membership. It was a waste of time and money, and left me much more frustrated than when I started.

Roger Techeira
October 6th, 2016 Orlando, FL

The worst. You pay. Then you pay extra. To many fake profiles. Then if opposite sex is not a premium member they do not get your message. An there is no way to tell if they are premium or not. So most of you messages go unread.

Devin
October 3rd, 2016 Denver, CO

Horrible SCAM! The people responsible for this service should be charged with fraud! They falsify profiles and messages to get users to buy gold memberships in order to read and respond to messages received. After purchasing the membership, all of the profiles that were messaging you were faked in order to get your money!

Michael
September 26th, 2016 Richardson, TX

This is by far the WORST dating site I have ever used. Users will try to scam you into using your credit card for "subscriptions", and will keep trying to take money from you until you finally have had enough. I have never seen so many con artists in a single dating site, ever. Never using this site ever again.

Paul Hamilton
September 13th, 2016

Lame unless you're looking for cam-shows or looking to get with a "Nigerian Prince/ss that is looking for a husband/wife to split their inheritance with."

Andy Monroe
September 12th, 2016 Piscataway, NJ

Reviewed the terms and conditions and despite there being no violations, they keep deleting my account! And I cannot get any response from their customer service about it. Yet they are crawling with obvious fake accounts. It's a complete waste of time.

Samantha Erwin
August 26th, 2016

I did find a cute guy but when I did my upgrade for the gold membership.It said it was having a special deals,so the highest monthly went down to 11.99 per month.Ok,I was willing to pay that a month and even 24 per month but when I did that they took the full amount out of my bank! I have bills to pay,if I knew they were going to do that then I wouldn't have signed up for it.

Shohe
August 26th, 2016 Marrero, LA

These guys are a scam. They created multiple accounts with the same person to lure people in. I know it is the same person because of the facial structure and in the background was a salon. These accounts were created around the same time. I have picture proof. And all of a sudden the accounts were deleted. Don't give them your money

Matt
August 23rd, 2016

Awful. A scam. Bots message you and you have to pay a fee to read their messages which say literally nothing. There are almost no members, and the layout is confusing. I am currently messaging the admin back and forth to complain and they are completely unhelpful. What a crock of crap.

Justin
July 15th, 2016 Mobile, AL

Its important to note that without paying for a membership, you cant even read messages that are sent to you. Calling this site "free" is misleading.

Jessica
July 11th, 2016 Grand Ledge, MI

Awful site. Very spammy and not worth what they charge

Kalia Paige Prevost
July 5th, 2016 Sterling Heights, MI

I thought this would be an awesome site to join, I was looking for my player 2. I ended up joining and I quickly realized that unless you pay for this site you can't read messages, you can send messages all you want, but you cant read them. SO, i figured why not just pay for the site, itll be worth it if i end up finding my soul mate. I upgraded my account, well it's all a lie. One they do not renew monthly, the membership is paid for in full upfront, which is something they do not tell you, so that's some great false advertising. Two, they sent you to auto renew, and they dont even tell you that its on, you find that out when you get billed for something twice. Thats a great way to do business. And three they make those messages seem so long and important, but really it's just a joke. So theres some more false advertising thrown at you. I hate this site and I hate it because it is a money trap and because there were no people in my area. I do not recommend this site, it's way way to pricey for one, and they scam you out of your money anyway. I actually reported this people for fraud because that's exactly what this site is. Don't join, save the trouble. There site sucks, the way they run bussiness sucks and even their customer service sucks. You will not be refunded, even though it's one huge lie. What a joke.

Dwilson
July 5th, 2016 Alexandria, VA

Don't even bother with this site its nothing but cam scams

Daniel Stouffer
June 17th, 2016 Culpeper, VA

When I found this site I thought, sweet, I like smart people who can talk about dr. who, star trek, star wars etc. Every contact directed me to a person who, after a short conversation, tried to direct me to a cam site which if you look at the small print then signs you up for several other questionable sights. my suggestion to people looking for a geek partner, go to a better site and just wear you geek flag proud.

Keith
June 13th, 2016 Cincinnati, OH

There were almost no girls in my area of Cincinnati. It did let me talk to one person for a while and then said I couldn't read there messages anymore unless I upgraded to a paid account (just when I was getting a conversation going with the 1 girl in my area.

Autumn
June 13th, 2016

I was shocked at how bad this site was. I had to pay to read messages from members, and the system sets everything up as an auto renewal. When i wrote in to ask if i could switch off auto renewal i was quizzed about why, and then steered to an American 1800 number (which i cannot call from overseas). I think this site could be so much better but i feel quite sad that it's not able to deliver. Hey, maybe things will improve... but I'm not holding my breath. :/

Scot Murberger
May 31st, 2016 Lafayette, CA

Love the idea of the site, however i just tried to log in to a new account for the second time. Gave me a message saying that there was a conflict with user name so the system automatically assigned me a new one. Then logged me in to another person's account with my password. This is a horrible way to gain new members, not to mention trust that is now gone. Would NOT trust my personal information to be on this site now.

Nick
May 18th, 2016 Denver, CO

gk2gk = ZERO VALUE When you could communicate freely, I paid for the 'upgraded membership' & gk2gk was my favorite site. I paused my membership while dating someone, but when I came back they had changed it ~ for the worse! Now, you can't do anything but browse profiles unless you pay. Umm.. thanks gk2gk, but I can go "look" anywhere; try offering some value - you know - like you used to. FAKE PROFILES > I'll get emails saying someone messaged me or had a "spark" with me, but when I go to search for their profile they don't even exist, so it's just an attempt to get you to their site.

gwenofthesea
April 21st, 2016 York, PA

This site is 90% bots. It looks like you're getting messages from people but when you respond they either suddenly have no interest in talking to you or they aren't sure why you're saying what you're saying because they didn't send you the initial message in the first place. Do not waste your money, it's a scam.

Dallas
March 19th, 2016

Full of fake profiles and spam, then you need to pay money to see said spam.

Angie
February 4th, 2016 Chicago, IL

it was better like 8 years ago. I met some cool guys on there. now they're totally money grubbing. i get messages from dudes that aren't geeks. why go on a niche dating site and say 'what are your OTHER interests?'. I'm there to find guys that are into what i'm into. then they really went crazy and you can't even see your messages. i won't pay to read spam. i guess they weren't making any money, but plentyoffish.com isn't desperate like that.