Most dating sites are full of singles from various walks of life, each looking for different experiences. In 2005, when his good friend was widowed, Jerry Miller realized how difficult it was to find singles who valued the farmers' lifestyle. With a background in agricultural marketing, he then created a special niche site to separate those with similar values and interests from the millions of other singles out there.

On Farmer's Only, users can expect a farming-friendly website full of singles who already have a lot in common. Farmer's Only has won the niche dating game for rural singles with its slogan — City folks just don't get it.

Want to know more about Farmer's only? Keep reading for pros and cons, or skip straight to customer reviews which — SPOILER ALERT — don't paint this dating site in the best light.

#1 Tinder chevron_right
3.5
#2 Bumble chevron_right
3.6
#3 Christian Connection chevron_right
3.3

The Good

Niche Site for Country People

There is an obvious draw for farmers and ranchers living in rural areas, but just because you're a city slicker doesn't mean you can't use the dating website.

Farmers Only is all about the niche and finding like-minded people. The online dating service aims to match men and women who share the same values and interests, especially in rural communities. Those who enjoy the outdoors-oriented, traditional farmer lifestyle and values tend to report high satisfaction with the type of people they meet on the site. Farmers Only boasts that it is the starting place for over 100 marriages, and many of the online reviews indicate that the primary draw to the website was the ability to find those people.

So if you consider yourself a part of, or longing for the country folk lifestyle, FamersOnly.com may be a good place to find compatible, down-to-earth people.

The Bad

• Very Basic Site
  • No Matching Method
  • Low Membership and Traffic Volume
  • Poor Verification and Numerous Fake Profiles
  • Bad App Reviews

Very Basic Site

Farmers Only charges a fairly normal amount (compared to other dating sites) but doesn't offer the services or membership numbers to back it up. Basically, what users on Farmers Only are paying for is the niche-finding people with similar interests and lifestyles - that's it. Additionally, while it is common practice for "free" users (people without memberships) to have minimal site privileges, Farmers Only free users can upload their profile pics but are relatively powerless until they sign up for a higher-level or premium membership.

While Farmers Only has made it considerably easier for country folk looking for a relationship. The Farmers Only site looks professionally made and updated. However, once you create a profile and actually log onto the site, it looks dated and very basic. The poorly designed graphics and layout makes for a negative user experience.

No Matching Method

Farmers Only really narrows the playing field considerably for its members simply by existing, but it doesn't offer many services beyond providing profiles. While some people may be satisfied finding partners by simply using this niche dating site, there is no way to find a compatible partner beyond this.

Low Membership and Traffic Volume

Farmers Only has over 150,000 registered users. While that may seem like a large number, it's a fraction of the member's other sites have. On average, FarmersOnly.com sees about 418,000 hits per day. Again, other dating sites get millions of hits each day. Because the number of hits each day is so much higher than people actually registered to the site, it seems like people are just looking at the site and then leaving, without creating a profile.

Poor Verification and Numerous Fake Profiles

Farmers Only offers basic safety features, such as allowing members to block other users. Any "catfish" schemes or scams result in the offending account being banned. However, Farmers Only does not conduct background checks on members, nor do they have any strict verification process in place. In fact, there is NO verification process on Farmers Only. Users can create an account and browse other user's information without verifying who you are through social media accounts or email. Making it fairly easy for scammers or hackers to create fake profiles.

Bad App Reviews

The only app available for Farmers Only is through the GooglePlay Store. The app has 500 reviews and an average rating of 3/5 stars, but the most popular star rating is 1 star. Recurring complaints of the FarmersOnly Dating app include:

• Horrible interface and design
  • Expensive to set up an account
  • Unable to upload photos
  • Fake profiles/scammers
  • App keeps crashing

The Bottom Line

If you are looking for a website that will introduce you to a core group of people who share your farming, cowboy/girl, agricultural, or country lifestyle and values, Farmers Only is a quirky online niche dating site that may be worth checking out.

However, this website is too expensive for the few services it offers and very minimalistic compared to other dating sites. To recap, the many negatives of Farmers Only include:

• Poorly designed site
  • No messaging with a free account
  • Expensive for limited features
  • No matching algorithm
  • Low traffic volume
  • Low user volume
  • Poor safety features
  • No verification
  • Negative mobile app reviews
  • No iOS app

It all comes down to whether this niche for farmers and ranchers is important to you or not. For an online dating site with more users, traffic, and a matching algorithm, check out one of our top-rated online dating sites.

1.8

Jay Hey

June 22nd, 2020 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible! Not country people oriented ! Another google Trojan horse! Buyer beware buyer beware ! Your information will be used!

Ridge Runner

April 20th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've met many nice people in person. You people just can't work it. It's foreign to you, There are fakes everywhere in the world.

Hunter Brister

March 11th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Farmer’s Only is an amazing site for people looking for love in rural areas. I have had a few occasions that I have used Farmer’s only; I love the quality and customer support for the site. Anyone can use it.

Mykahla Nelson

February 10th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would not try this dating app again because it caused way to much money! You can’t talk to anyone without paying for it !

cowboy58101266

December 4th, 2019 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

this is the worst sight I ever been on. must profiles are standard. they cant contact u. if u pay more then they can well if they even sign in. I think its a scam but I will use it till renewal time because they already have my money and thats all they care about poeple sat away from this sight its a rip off.

Sara S

November 8th, 2019 Tallahassee, FL

This dating site is not for me. I believe this is geared for a specific group of people and probably has not produced very many successful relationships. I think sites such as Tinder and Bumble are more broader so it would be easier to find more people that suite you.

Lauren

October 22nd, 2019 Adel, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ATTENTION: Please don't waste your time or your money, and save yourselves a headache with getting your money back through arguing with them! FYI - their site is FILLED WITH FAKE PROFILES!!!!! Farmers Only has obviously, gone down hill over the years and they're still needing to generate an income through what looks like a TOTAL SCAM! Check the BBB ( Better Business Bureau ) it has 59 complaints in less than a year! This should be enough to make a clear determination to run from this SCAM of a dating site! I'd even suggest contacting your local Attorney Generals Office to open an investigation as well, if they haven't refunded your money! Their dating site is a JOKE!

Desi

October 21st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love how this app has really cool people. There is a bunch of people that you can hang out with the SAME common interests. This app makes it easier by categorizing it to a specific interest. I love how you don't have to find a match, but you can make a bunch of new friends on this app too!

L.W

September 6th, 2019 Edgerton, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fake profiles, fake emails bait you into subscribing. Tons on "serial daters". Save your money.

Sam

June 27th, 2019 Reno, NV

No communication on the site. Loads of fake profiles. Complete waste of time.

Cisco Leon

May 29th, 2019 South San Francisco, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had took an offer of $1.00 for 1 month. I just could not pass it up. I had gotten messages & even '1' Lady who gave me a phone #. I called and left a message. Soon after, i got a text saying "WHO ARE YOU"? I then figured out that someone in this organization had drummed up this fake #. Now listen folks. I lucked out in losing just a $1.00, but for you others, All you have to do, (if you are unsatisfied) is just before your renewal or even way before that date, just cancel your current CC & recieve a new one so they can not charge any further monies. Then you are done with NO other charges.

G

May 28th, 2019 Saint George, UT

I signed up cause I like farmer but bro they literally only let you do stuff if you pay for it... fml

Hannah Anderson

May 24th, 2019 Provo, UT

I can’t believe how long I have lived without this site! It truly is the best place to find someone who shares the same love of horticulture and carrots that I do! Thanks FarmersOnly.com

Trish

May 9th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Pay money only to find most profiles are not paying members so no way to contact them. Before I paid it said i had numerous emails, finally broke down and paid for 1 month. All but 3 emails disappeared.

Reese

May 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was born and raised on a family farm with family values and things in common with other country and farm people. Now living in the city, it is harder to find people with this in common. Farmers Only helped me do this and I was not disappointed.

Jo

May 2nd, 2019 Saint Joseph, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This dating site is a complete joke. First, the website is really bad. Some people might like the simplicity of it but it’s not even appealing or user friendly. Second, I mostly would get messages from creepy men. One time I even got one from a woman, at least I think it was a woman? That’s how beastly these people look. Either way, I told the site that I was only interested in men. I was hoping to meet a cute cowboy and I just seemed to keep coming across men who just love the outdoors and like country music. That doesn’t make you a farmer. Once in awhile I would get a notification that a good looking farmer liked me. But I would never hear from them. Okay... so I would send a message. But then I would never hear back from them and then it would say last active a month ago. Huh? Either way, I spent over $60 membership for 6 months and I was so turned off by the site and the people that I canceled less than a week later. Such a waste of time and money.

Tom Pacheski

April 18th, 2019 New York, NY

You can tell right off the bat that since they don't even allow free browsing (you have to give your credit card info), there probably aren't a lot of people on the site. Therefore, the matches will not be impressive or close to the criteria you are looking for. It's that simple

carol s gutierrez

February 6th, 2019 Palmdale, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You never know what the distance is (starts at 200 miles.) Now, the site does not show if member is upgraded or not. It is not worth what people pay.

Madalyn Johnson

January 17th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Farmers Only is a great dating website! I feel that the website runs smoothly and i have never had any issues.

MaKayla Christiansen

January 16th, 2019 Provo, UT

I am a country girl and it was always hard for me to find any guy that loves the outdoors as much as me. I found guys that had the same interests as me from this site and recommend for anyone who isn’t a city person like me.

David

January 15th, 2019 Baltimore, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Just like the ads for McDonald's, where the burgers look great on television and nothing like what you actually get, so it goes with a LOT of the people on this site - and that goes for both men and women. Lots of beastly looking people. I can deal with that. Click thumbs down and they're gone. My main problem with the site is how they leave profiles up that have been inactive for God knows how long. I just signed up for the second (and definitely last) time and I'm still seeing mostly the same faces from last year. So their claims of activity on the site have got to be grossly overstated. Another annoyance was what I went through trying to change my username. You're allowed to change your nick once from the one you're given at sign up. I entered the name I wanted, confirmed my password and nothing changed. I couldn't contact customer support because even that didn't work. I sent them a private message on Facebook, explaining the problems I was having and that went ignored. I didn't have any problem cancelling last time, but considering how many people have mentioned issues with billing after leaving, I'll be sure to keep an eye on my credit card statement. All in all, I see this as a barely maintained site with a layout reminiscent of a 1990s website. They've got your money and they're good with that.

Hailey Nilson

January 7th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After growing up in a rural area this is the best site for me. The men I've met are honest, hardworking, dowm-to-earth, amazing people. I would definitely recommend this site.

Jennifer

January 2nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was very nervous about using the online dating. A little over 2 years ago I met my fiance from farmers only. We talked for 2 months online before actually meeting. Now because of this website, I have everything I ever dreamed of.

Angela Pyrah

November 5th, 2018 Willard, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Im a farm girl so I thought this would be great. But they had one commercial on the TV that said anyone can join. I didnt really like that, the name is farmers only.... I found some good country folk, but I feel like it turned into the city folk making fun of those that actually live on the farm.

Kelly

October 2nd, 2018 Tyler, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The guys I met on Farmers Only were just .... yeesh! One lied about his age, said he was 55 and turned out to be 70! Completely hung up on looks and pushy pushy pushy. These guys think that because they own a farm and a few horses that they are entitled to whatever lady they want. No thanks!!!

Charlu Stiker

September 27th, 2018 Winter Haven, FL

They charged my credit card after cancellation at which time I called and spoke with a gentleman who assured me everything was deleted and someone would be in touch. Although Donna did email me requesting information, once I sent that information I never heard from her again. I have seen many other reviews with the same results.

Linda

September 17th, 2018 Alger, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's a joke ! Like everyone else says, you get all these "flirts", "likes" and profile views in the beginning and then nothing. I had 4 men contact me and all of them should have called a 1-900 numbers. There is no way to get your money back. Even if you "dislike" someone, they will show up again in the "discover" part. If you have time, money and data to waste, this is the site for you.

Patricia

September 7th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The ads said farmers only, just because you like outdoor activities doesn't make you a farmer. Most profiles I was matched with were 10-20yrs older than my settings. Most of the men were divorced with children, not in my parameters and a grown man shouldn't be putting vulger pictures up if you call yourself a family man. Do you have any men that don't spend all their time and money hunting, fishing, boating, drinking... that want a female buddy to do all these things. Because I'm a woman and a lady that wants a husband and father of my children with values and morals. Yeah not on this site.

Phil Rayfield

August 2nd, 2018 Hood River, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Okay, so I'm out a hundred bucks. It's not about the money. These customer service people are flat out rude. ( Are you reading this, Donna in CS?) Don't waste your money if you're a senior citizen. They prey on seniors who are not as adept at computers as the younger generation. Try to stop automatic renewal, hit the wrong button and cancel your membership. They will say that you "broke the contract" and if you want to reinstate it will cost you more money. TOTAL SCAM. Please believe me and don't get sucked in by their ads, they are a predatory website. FACT!

Tom

June 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love the commercials and advertisements. As a farm boy, who grew up on a farm, I can appreciate trying to meet someone that I can connect with.

Jen

May 31st, 2018 Berwick, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have tried farmers only on 2 separate occasions. I talked to a few men that seemed nice but we just didn't have a lot in common. I also talked to a few men that were out and out pigs. Sending you nudes, asking about sex immediately. Absolute turn off. Blocked them. Started talking to a widower from another state who seemed to good to be true. We met a couple of times and hit it off. Was a complete gentleman. Did a background check on him after 3 dates and found out he was a convicted sexual predator and had served 6 years in state prison! Of course he never mentioned that. This site does no type of background on the people you are communicating with. Bottom line do your homework!

david

April 11th, 2018 Arp, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Another disappointment with a dating website. I have tired others such as plenty of fish, Tinder, and Zoosk, to name a few. I have tried dating using apps such as Skout, Meetme, Bumble. I created an account on FarmersOnly.com on 3/17/18 and purchased a one month subscription. I cancelled my subscription today on 4/11/18. Throughout this time I had trouble logging in to my account. I reset my password successfully about four times. I made sure that cookies were not blocked on my phone. The log in issue continued. I tried two different cell phones without any success. I tried using a laptop and a personal computer. Still I was unable to log in. I tried logging in to farmersonly.com using Facebook. This also did not work. I also made certain that the "reset password" emails were not being sent to my junk email. As I type this review (4/11/18), the last few days I have contacted farmersonly.com by submitting technical support tickets and calling. I was told to try all that I have already attempted. Still the issue was not resolved. Another concern I have is that 99% if not more of the profiles are not active. When you click on a profile it shows how long ago the person logged in and the subscription status. I would say that 99% of the profiles are standard members and have logged in more than two months ago, if they ever do. Those members cannot read your messages unless they upgrade to premium membership which is understandable. The website claims to have a certain number of members and that another amount register daily. I think those numbers are false. The amount of members stated must reflect the hundreds/thousands of inactive profiles. The inactive profiles are simply taking up space on the website. It makes it difficult to go through profile after profile searching for a paying member profile. No, there is no sorting tool to aide you in searching through the paying and non paying member profiles. The TV commercials and online advertisements are nice but it seems that they are fake. The people on the commercials are paid actors/models and do not reflect the members on farmersonly.com. What about the marriages that farmersonly.com claims have occurred because of their services? I think the people are paid actors/models used to lure those seeking genuine relationships. There is no evidence to support the farmersonly.com claims. I do not recommend farmersonly.com to anyone. I highly encourage you not to join farmersonly.com. Most if not all dating websites are seeking to make profits from those with little time on their hands, unable to find genuine relationships in small towns, lack of other options to finding a mate, and those that have become jaded with dating. The websites and dating agencies are like sharks feeding on singles. I do not recommend farmersonly.com.

Serenity

March 23rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fraudulent Site! You will see the same guys picture on 3 different sites with different names. 3/4 of all men on the site haven’t been on for MONTHS. The few guys that are on immediately want to communicate OFF site and exchange private pictures...CREEPS!!! Some are using other guys pictures and creating accounts because if you ask them to post another picture please...they say they don’t know how...REALLY!!! Don’t waste your time and money! If you were on the site,make sure to remove your pictures and personal info before leaving as they will use it to entice others, learned the hard way!!!

Ron

February 26th, 2018 Stuart, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

you pick by picture, then you see when the last time that person was logged in and it has 2 months ago, apparently the leave your profile and pic up after your subscription is finished to make their site look like theres a million people on it, My opinion it's a rip-off.

Lisa

January 11th, 2018 Plymouth, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Extremely annoyed by every 3rd commercial is for farmersonly.com... Please make it stop!!

Christina

January 4th, 2018 Leander, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give a negative review on this website I would. I laugh at the commercials thinking what a joke now a days. I tried this and advise all woman to use caution. The fact that they do not do back ground checks should be the ultimate reason this site should not exist. Long story short I found a guy who I didnt know had a warrant already from another state for kidnapping, who ended up kidnapping myself with a gun out of my house with my children inside, before I ran away. Ultimately he received life plus 10 years in prison and it all started with farmersonly.com. get your carp together before you endanger another woman or man.

N.D. A.

January 3rd, 2018 New Hebron, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Farmers Only advertises free dating; however, this is not true. Once they have you on the site you can do absolutely nothing in the site except see pictures of men and be notified they liked you. POF offers you the option to chat. They then have a really nice gentleman send you a like but you can't see anything. BEWARE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!!! IT is an enticement to have you sign up. I called to cancel my subscription within 12 hours and was told by David I would receive full refund. Well needless to say this did not happen THIS SITE IS A TOTAL HOAX. Save your time an money and do not use this site EVER!!!!!!

Joe Duffek

December 1st, 2017 Waterford, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

First you must sort thru 1,000s of profiles that are "Over two months old" Of course a couple mentioned President Bush (I did not make this up). then you get to the supposed "new" profiles, Trouble You get "likes" that if you follow up on "No longer exist" I believe they are sending old account "likes" your way to keep you interested, If you search "Whose online" you will soon realize it is the same women all the time. I am willing to bet if you could get REAL numbers there are 8 or 10 to one paying guys seeking \. And by far Farmers is back loading old women that have at one time in the past "visited"

Louise

October 31st, 2017 Holly Ridge, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have asked for a refund twice, but they keep charging my card. I am done. I am going to report them to BBB and cancel my card. They have racist customer service people that are rude and disgusting. I hate this site and believe me I have been on good sites. They need to be put out of business.

Chris

September 29th, 2017

Over priced dating site that looks like it was designed in 2001. Not enough traffic to bring in fresh people on a weekly/monthly basis. Save your money and time...don't bother.

scott

August 4th, 2017

GREAT SITE with out all the usual nut case women on major dating sites!!!!! A+++

Barb

July 31st, 2017 Klamath Falls, OR

Standard membership in Farmers Only does nothing. Premium membership yields a lot of pics and profiles of standard members who have not been on the site for months as well as the same profiles over and over again. I suppose some are real, but most appear not to be. Email sent to support yielded no response. Will not be re-subscribing and advise others to stay away.

Angie

July 11th, 2017 Bladenboro, NC

Wish I had read these reviews, before joining! Lesson learned! Don't waste your money, or time, on this sorry excuse of a dating site! Less than attractive members, fake profiles, and obscene gestures.

Pat

June 26th, 2017 Stanchfield, MN

I lost my premium account for some stupid reason. So now I am out at least 3 months of service. I will be going to another site. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS SITE Corey is rude and a poor business person.

Bo Lucas

June 2nd, 2017 Saint Petersburg, FL

This company has been charging my account without my knowledge. I don't even get emails to my account with anyone so not sure why that is either. I am furious they have been ILLEGALY withdrawing money from my account. They say I signed up for this feature..when I made sure I didn't. This company is a SCAM...they should be ashamed

Chase Tanner

June 2nd, 2017 Evergreen, CO

Have tried Farmers several times and always careful to only pay for a 1 month subscription. Rarely had anyone look at my profile although it was comprehensive, well worded and had photos posted. Not overweight, non drinker, non smoker, fit, active, educated, no baggage or drama. Received a minimum of "flirts" ~ as in men who were just too lazy or illiterate to write a short email. Do retirement age men think women are interested in receiving a flirt? On occasions where I have made sure not to renew my subscription and making sure my card was not charged again, I received, each time, a mysterious email. Too coincidental that when I fail to renew that's when a mystery man decides to finally send a note that I cannot read unless I plunk down another $21.95. I fell for that ploy twice to read the email and guess what, just a note with the words "hi". That's right $21.95 to read an eloquent, well thought out message "hi". Another time I paid for membership to read the inane note "you live too far away." Won't fall for the scam again. I don't think all the profiles are legitimate and I believe the site sends out bogus emails to entice you to rejoin. Waste of time and money.

Ellen

May 18th, 2017

I signed up for a 3-month subscription, but after reviewing the profiles (No way to narrow down your search to look for matches), I cancelled my subscription the next day. I gave it some thought and decided to give it more effort. When I tried to re-activate my subscription, I was told I would have to pay a second time. The customer service rep, Corey, was actually quite nasty and un-customer service-like in his response. He refused to issue a credit when I cancelled after 1 day, and refused to re-activate my account.

RaVen

April 12th, 2017 Columbus, OH

I joined FarmersOnly.com and learned that there weren't many Deaf or hard of hearing or hearing men fluent in ASL (American Sign Language). Many refused to bother to learn ASL. I withdrew and requested a refund. They refused stating that due to not taking advantage of them, they will not recharge me again and told me to be "patient.". I was astonished and appalled. First of all, we, the Deaf that are fluent in ASL are a minority in this hearing society -- they have NO idea of how difficult it is to find compatible singles fluent in my language, which is ASL. A lot of members online were also not active although they were enrolled. Very disappointed with this site, do not bother joining.

Jim

March 24th, 2017 New Franken, WI

This site is a complete joke. Over half the profiles are fake, or completely bogus. There is no way anyone is going to tell me you could actually find a legit date on this site, every hit I had was futile. And after spending the $ to set the account up the site is no where to be found for help or direction of any kind. Do yourself a huge favor and don't even consider it, the women are after somewhere to put their horse, and most of the guys aren't even country people, they are wannabes.

Dan

March 6th, 2017 Foristell, MO

Dan No support from there technical people just got the run around .My farmers only account was hacked in Early Feb, 2017 and did everything there support people instructed me to do to get my account back up and running. After 5 attempts at this and no results I requested a refund for my remaining time. They would hang up on me when I asked for the refund. Very disappointed I will let any one i know considering joining farmers only to reconsider and try other dating sites