Best Company Guarantee Home Depot Windows Logo

Home Depot Windows

6.2

LAST UPDATED: February 2nd, 2023

Founded in 1978, Home Depot is a leading home improvement retailer, with over 2,000 stores throughout the United States, Mexico, and Canada. It offers a wide variety of services, including services for new windows. As a large corporation, it offers many types of windows from several different providers, making Home Depot an accessible, functionable option for many homeowners. Furthermore, it not only provides a wide selection of windows, but the company also works with local, licensed, and insured professional installation contractors to install the windows.

The Good

• Pricing
  • Window Options

Pricing

The cost of a window replacement project depends on a combination of factors including window size, glass type, color, grid pattern and the style you're looking for. You can learn more about the cost of window replacement and installation using The Home Depot’s window installation cost guide.

Home Depot offers a range of pricing based on your individual household needs and budget.

Window Options

Home Depot boasts one of the largest selections of windows, likely because it works with several manufacturers.

Additionally, Home Depot offers other similar products, such as patio or exterior doors, that homeowners often look for when purchasing new windows. This makes them a compatible fit for many homeowners because all work done on the home can be arranged in one location.

The Bad

Local Window Installation Pricing

Home Depot Window Installation Rates can vary locally according to your region. You can learn more about the cost of window replacement and installation using The Home Depot’s window installation cost guide.

The Bottom Line

Home Depot has many positives, especially when it comes to new windows. The company is accessible in most parts of North America and its services are varied. It provides open pricing (rare in the new window industry), quality window installation, and a large selection. Even though there is no information on the company’s website about warranties, customers could receive this information from the actual company providing the windows. All these points make Home Depot a strong option.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

3.9

Charlie Latorre Ashburn, VA

Instalation was messy but expected for whole home window replacements. No contact from company as to when inspection is and not returning calls after installation. Broken window, dirty unfinished windows.

Home Depot Windows Logo

Reply from Home Depot Windows

Hey Charlie, Thank you for sharing feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience and will reach out soon. The Home Depot,

Jan. 31st, 2023

gar greiner Colorado Springs, CO

Great window right off the shelf for remodels or new construction.very handy. And the quality is as good as any window I every ordered.G.B.Greiner construction and repair

Kimberly Smith Chicago, IL

Polite Friendly staff, The Sales Associate on the floor knew exactly the isle I needed and exactly what I was interested in!! He even went the extra mile and helped to compare items and was knowledgeable of the pros & cons!! This was by far my greatest home improvement shopping experience!! Quality Products at a Quality Price with Quality Service!!! Clean Organized Store ...Just A Really Great Place To Do Your DIY Shopping!! 2 Thumbs Up!!!! Will Definately Return To This Store and Bring A Friend!!

Hermann Bristow Meridian, ID

The reason I gave them a five-star review very professional great prices very competitive and on time from the moment I made the decision the company came out measured my windows for estimate and they sat down with me at home Depot and went over the measurements the prices and everything was installed the way it should be and the windows are nice quality and warm the winter and cool in the summer the way it should be..

Elsa Johnson Santee, CA

I had scheduled a window replacement for today about 2 months ago. Home Depot gave us the day to install. I had someone come get measurements weeks in advance and the day was set up, today December 19. My husband received a call telling us to leave 3 feet of space around every window so we made sure everything was moved out of the way for them to work. I planned to receive Christmas with my new windows and planned on entertaining. The day of, so today, about an hour after the scheduled time to arrive, a guy from Home Depot called us to let us know that they do not have all the windows to install, but only some. What kind of service is that??? Completely disappointed with the Home Depot Windows installation service and lack of professionalism.

MonsterCanineFlorida , LLC Saint Augustine, FL

Recently purchased Four (4) windows from Home Depot. They scheduled and schedules the install and in 2 days my new windows were installed. Great Product and Job Home Depot !!!

Mark Karmco

Fantastic, very comparable products to well known brands. Lets face it, how long are you going to be living in the same place ? 10 -15 yrs Why buy and pay for a name, when you need to feed and clothe your family.

Christelle Bublitz Lithonia, GA

Pretty nice windows and decent for the price. You have the option to get it delivered and mount in your house for extra bucks. The return is also easy, if you don't get it right the first time. Although not luxurious, they do not look that cheap. I gave it 4 stars because you get what you pay for. The cheaper the weaker.

Johnny Sigmon Cumberland, MD

Hello I John sigmon my mother just purchased windows from home Depot 3 days ago it's the 20th of December the windows are immaculate it keeps all the cold air out and all the good heat in our home thanks home Depot.

Nishant Icecreamwala Indianapolis, IN

I bought blinds for my entire house. It looks good. Piercing is fair, more choices. Great customer service as well.....

Raj R Schaumburg, IL

Signed up for the free quote on windows installation. Received information on all the benefits, including energy savings and warranty. Price was very affordable, as compared to others, for good quality windows. Home Depot is a trusted brand I’ve usually used for my home improvement projects.

Lisa Anne Littleton, CO

Home Depot is always our go to for home repairs. Our local store is very close to our home so it makes it super convenient when we need something like a window. We had a few of our windows broken because of a storm and we were able to get the two replaced without any issues at Home Depot with lots of assistance and installation as well. We were even able to use our Home Depot card which is super convenient as well. We always have a good experience at Home Depot and they really excel at their customer service and the quality of the product they sell including their windows.

Helana Savage Denver, CO

Just the fact the guy arrived 35 minutes early was a blessed ( I unwittingly had a schedule conflict) and positive start to my chagrin of a two part installation because on his arrival I got a much more in - depth explanation of storm windows vs.double or single pane . I am in Arizona so I opted for the cheaper double panes ,not needing three panes after all. This informed decision saved me a LOT of $$. My guy came back next day and Rocked It Out for me with a real nice job on them , when job was done (4 hours!) it just visually seemed pleasing to the visual senses, what I am saying is NICE JOB!

Judy Fred Wakefield, RI

I waited far too long to realize that the best option for a window and sliding door replacement was Home Depot! I explained what I needed and was given all the options, pricing, installation times. The techs were courteous on time and professional. They double checked the measurements and I was able to go with in stock window & slider. Two techs showed up on time and replaced my window & slider in about an hour. They left no evidence that they had been there! (No sawdust, packing stuff, nails, nothing!) And best of all I took advantage of an interest free option on my Home Depot credit card!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Francisco Espina Miami, FL

My wife and I hired Home Depot to replace our windows and doors in the back of the house with hurricane impact windows and doors on October 2020. When the Home Depot salesman came to talk to us about their product, I asked him two questions, was Home Depot using their own employees and was the job going to be finished by December of 2020. His answer was yes to both questions. It wasn't until January 14, 2021 that we received an email from Home Depot informing us that they were ready for the installation, lie number one. When the installers arrived at our house we realized they were not Home Depot employees but subcontractors, lie number two. A contract amendment was made via email on November 10, 2020, that required all the French Doors to open on the left side. Out of the three sets of French Doors, the one in our bedroom opens on the right side. It has taken almost tow years for this small project to be completed, some of the problems we encounter were poor workmanship on the part of the subcontractors that came to our house and other problems have been the incompetence showed by the real Home Depot employees that handled the order of the parts needed for our house. The installers installed the wrong French Door in our living room, damaged the edges of the two windows in the kitchen and the master bedroom. Every time they had to reorder these parts it would take another four months to come in. Every time the installers had to come back to fix something that was done incorrectly my wife and I would take time off from work to be at the house. The above mentioned two windows by the master bedroom were ordered twice by Home Depot. The first time they had ordered the wrong windows, the second time the windows arrived with some damaged. We would find out once the installers would get to our house and determine that there was a problem. Why wasn't this checked at the warehouse before they brought the windows in? Hence the reason I mentioned incompetence. Out of frustration I contacted Home Depot and requested not to replace the master bedroom windows and instead give us a credit. Finally, almost two years later Home Depot called the county for a final inspection. When the inspector came in he noticed that one of the kitchen windows was missing the sticker required by the county for insurance purposes and he failed the final inspection. Home Depot hired a paper runner and he showed up with a sticker. Once again an inspector was scheduled for the final inspection and once again it was denied because the sticker the runner had placed on our window had nothing to do with our windows. The runner came back, installed another sticker and the third inspection passed. We requested that Home Depot replace the French Doors in our bedroom to match the rest of the French Doors per our agreement or give us a credit for their mistake and also give us a credit for the two windows in the master bedroom that were never replaced. After this nightmare Home Depot is not willing to take care of us the customer. Based on our experience, no one in our family or friends will hire Home Depot anymore.

Fred Watkins Los Angeles, CA

Home Depot made it easy to order a replace ment window, from a 1950s single pane fixed window to a horizontal opening window. The process was faultless, however when they brought the window, the chosen installers apparently had stored it in the back of their truck, it was chipped and had many black scuff marks, so we sent it back. There was no problems with Home Depot understanding why we couldn't accept this window and a week later a perfect window was installed.

Tony's Babygirl Staton MO

Average in price and has great quality and has lifetime warranty, great product overall.

Steve Portland, OR

HD was a little higher price, but the contractors they had did a top level job. Gave me a workup and took one long day for 20 windows. Been a year AND NO LEAKS. Plus windows are easy to clean and much easier to keep the house warm/cool.

Michelle Crane Phoenix, AZ

Customer Review Video

Faith L Battle Creek, MI

Had a chance to talk with them about windows. They were kind but I decided to gi with another company that had better pricing and product.

Bea ThaTruth San Antonio, TX

Home depot has great customer service to help you in every way .. customizing to the t of how you want your windows to look.

Brian Meekhof Camano, WA

Not only did I get windows at a great price but after purchasing they delivered them the same day. They were awesome

Kimberly R Williams- Crawford

Need replace new window and keep better not crackling through

Hemant Ramachandran

I have been to Home Depot a few times and it is an awesome place. When my parents were shopping for better windows and curtains, Home Depot was where they got the new ones. They have been very good and sturdy, and they open and close very easily. I would definitely recommend Home Depot Windows.

Frank Rivera Lynnfield, MA

Home Depot provides a quality affordable replacement widow at costs less than major brands while having the protection of the Home Depot name. Their professional staff installed 23 replace windows and 2 sliders in one weekend. They cleaned up like they weren't even there.

L Turner Avon, IN

Amazing customer service and quality of windows. We upgraded our windows in our home and the process was seemless. Our windows were originally installed poorly, when strong winds came it was like our home was full of ghosts. After the installation we could barely hear outside noises.

Melody Rowe Fayetteville, NC

Customer Review Video

Thomlyn Lovin Douglasville, GA

Home Depot Windows are the best! I had a few odd window shapes that I needed to get replaced and when I went in store to talk to an associate they were nice and helped set me up for getting perfectly installed windows. I couldn’t be more impressed by the job the guys did!

Victoria Mcculler Ocala, FL

I absolutely love my experience with Home Depot windows! I have beautiful windows now in my home and the process was absolutely easy I wish I would’ve done it sooner! Pricing was a bit high but I’ll look at it as an investment.

Nicky Martin Pontotoc, MS

Our new home needed a bit of sprucing and windows among other things needed to be replaced, we all agreed on a picture window in front to replace the two little side windows. Home depot had so much to choose from and the prices were reasonable for the size picture window we wanted. The customer service was pleasant the 2 installation people were nice, didn't mind answering any questions we had. They came in got the installation done, they ran into a bit of an issue but quickly figured it out an kept me informed every step of the way. The window is so gorgeous The before an after pictures are unbelievable the difference this addition made to the house. I'd definitely recommend.

Philip Cashin Chicago, IL

I originally rebuilt my house and I used home Depot windows and they're very energy efficient and they keep the electric bill down

Monique Snow Sterling, CT

Installed windows in my new home. I like the fact that they were less money than their competitors, and that's why I chose them. Quality work was performed, however no the most professional workers.

Brittany Clark

I replaced two windows using Home Depot Windows. The windows seem to be of decent quality. They are more cookie-cutter, less unique or customizable, than a specialized window design store but they fit the bill for what I needed. The options are much smaller than a window design store but they have the basics.

Reza S. Queens, NY

I got my windows from Homedepot because their prices are really good. Besides the price they offer good quality products. The customer service is good and they care about their customers. I recommend Homedepot .

Abi Dallas, TX

Home Depot has good pricing on windows and the installation process was fast. The technician were very professional and timely, will definitely call for my next few home improvements.

thomas Lovin Duluth, GA

Home Depot Windows did an amazing job on my home. Each representative was knowledgeable and kind and the windows look beautiful. It was such a great value and I love how many windows I could choose from.

Ashlyn Elwood Atlanta, GA

Home Depot did an incredible job installing my windows. They were fast, professional, accurate with their measurements, and made the place look great. Not a bad value either!

Stacy Carter Red Cliff, CO

I have not had good experience with the customer service or quote department at Home depot. It took us several trips and multiple sales people just to get a quote. The windows were great once we got them, but not easy to get ordered.

Katie Marshall New York, NY

I purchased windows with a lifetime warranty at home depot in 2011. They had come out to replace 3X. To the current date of 6/2022. I hope this is the final attempt hope window last an extended time before the next repair..the customer service was just horrible countless email calls, no return calls promised to follow up never can this go on for over 2weeks. I had to call the corporate office to make complaints. Within 1day I had results. 3 more days get a scheduled window specialist to view my window. If you are considering a window from Home Depot. Make sure you have a warranty. I could be out of over $2700.

Mudd E Jewelry Arlington, TX

Great way to find the items your in need of, easy and affordable.

Edie Glennville, GA

Great quality windows. Great installation. Fast, done right.

Dawn Gaski New York, NY

After about 6 months of use the windows start to fall apart. Don't operate properly. Hard time opening and closing windows swell in winter and sweat in summer. I would not recommend these windows

Amber Jupiter, FL

Ordered windows in January, windows have been made since end of March and still waiting on installation been lied to multiple times they finally call for date and give me a date of end of August. Stay away from Home Depot home services.

Dephany Parks Birmingham, AL

My parents had work done on their home by this company the results were simply amazing highly recommend this company...

Flora Canal Winchester, OH

I get everything at Home Depot and had no idea that they had such affordable windows plus installation. You can’t go wrong

Sarp Ozlen Pompano Beach, FL

Home Depot took care of everything from start to finish. from measuring to installation and their follow up calls... Amazing job

Di Tredway

Home Depot does a great and very professional job. The windows are beautiful and I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Techun Baytown, TX

The window quality is ok. I would not call it expensive but definitely not cost friendly. The worst thing is the delay of the whole window project. I made my order back in Oct 2020 and paid in full, but now (March 2022) I am still waiting for the window project to be completed. Home Depot always has excuses like the supply chain issue, but a delay of almost ONE AND HALF YEAR is totally not acceptable no matter what happens to your supply chain.

Angel Dragneel Houston, TX

They had exactly what I was looking for. The windows last for a very long time. They were very helpful when I was looking for my windows.

Ralph Walls Wilmington, DE

Home Depot Windows was an easy choice. Pricing was competitive and our sales associate was friendly and offered great advice.