Home Depot Windows Logo

Home Depot Windows

Is This Your Business?

5.5

LAST UPDATED: June 29th, 2022

Founded in 1978, Home Depot is a leading home improvement retailer, with over 2,000 stores throughout the United States, Mexico, and Canada. It offers a wide variety of services, including services for new windows. As a large corporation, it offers many types of windows from several different providers, making Home Depot an accessible, functionable option for many homeowners. Furthermore, it not only provides a wide selection of windows, but the company also works with local, licensed, and insured professional installation contractors to install the windows.

Milgard Logo
#1 Milgard chevron_right
Andersen Windows Logo
#2 Andersen Windows chevron_right
Modernize Logo
#3 Modernize chevron_right
4.0

The Good

• Open Pricing
  • Many Window Options

Open Pricing

While many companies fail to disclose their prices for windows, Home Depot’s page is incredibly open. Each type of window from each different company has an exact price or a range price, depending on size and material. This helps buyers make an informed decision to fit individual budgets and household needs.

Many Window Options

Home Depot boasts one of the largest selection of windows, likely because it works with several providers. Even within those companies, there are many options to consider:

• Vinyl or wood
  • Glass type
  • Single-hung or double-hung
  • Grids
  • Hardware
  • Window size
  • Energy efficiency
  • Double pane or single pane

Additionally, Home Depot offers other similar products, such as doors or interior french doors, that homeowners often look for when purchasing new windows. This makes them a compatible fit for many homeowners because all work done on the home can be arranged in one location.

The Bad

Undisclosed Warranty Information

Unfortunately, Home Depot does not provide any information on its site regarding warranties specific to windows. Although this is a negative, it is understandable: Home Depot works with other companies to provide and install windows, so the warranty per window depends on the warranty associated with the specific company providing the windows.

The Bottom Line

Home Depot has many positives, especially when it comes to new windows. The company is accessible in most parts of North America and its services are varied. It provides open pricing (rare in the new window industry), quality window installation, and a large selection. Even though there is no information on the company’s website about warranties, customers could receive this information from the actual company providing the windows. All these points make Home Depot a strong option.

View Best New Windows Companies

3.7

Judy Fred Wakefield, RI

I waited far too long to realize that the best option for a window and sliding door replacement was Home Depot! I explained what I needed and was given all the options, pricing, installation times. The techs were courteous on time and professional. They double checked the measurements and I was able to go with in stock window & slider. Two techs showed up on time and replaced my window & slider in about an hour. They left no evidence that they had been there! (No sawdust, packing stuff, nails, nothing!) And best of all I took advantage of an interest free option on my Home Depot credit card!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Abi Deen Dallas, TX

Home Depot has good pricing on windows and the installation process was fast. The technician were very professional and timely, will definitely call for my next few home improvements.

thomas Lovin Duluth, GA

Home Depot Windows did an amazing job on my home. Each representative was knowledgeable and kind and the windows look beautiful. It was such a great value and I love how many windows I could choose from.

Thomlyn Lovin Douglasville, GA

Home Depot Windows are the best! I had a few odd window shapes that I needed to get replaced and when I went in store to talk to an associate they were nice and helped set me up for getting perfectly installed windows. I couldn’t be more impressed by the job the guys did!

Michelle Crane Phoenix, AZ

My favorite part about Home Depot is that they offer a new virtual consultation for new window installation. This is especially handy because we have several kids and having someone come into our home for an in person evaluation is often difficult to schedule. To schedule the virtual consultation you just have to answer a few questions about your location and number of windows and some personal information like name and address. The whole booking only took about 3-5 minutes! Very convenient for a busy mom like me.

Ralph Walls Wilmington, DE

Home Depot Windows was an easy choice. Pricing was competitive and our sales associate was friendly and offered great advice.

Hemant Ramachandran

I have been to Home Depot a few times and it is an awesome place. When my parents were shopping for better windows and curtains, Home Depot was where they got the new ones. They have been very good and sturdy, and they open and close very easily. I would definitely recommend Home Depot Windows.

Frank Rivera Lynnfield, MA

Home Depot provides a quality affordable replacement widow at costs less than major brands while having the protection of the Home Depot name. Their professional staff installed 23 replace windows and 2 sliders in one weekend. They cleaned up like they weren't even there.

L Turner Avon, IN

Amazing customer service and quality of windows. We upgraded our windows in our home and the process was seemless. Our windows were originally installed poorly, when strong winds came it was like our home was full of ghosts. After the installation we could barely hear outside noises.

Joe O Hoffman Estates, IL

We ordered our windows in May 2021 knowing there was a delay in orders. The windows showed up in December and we removed all hardware and blinds etc as they ask you to do. The guys show up, and get everything set up in our house only to return after it all and tell us that “every window is damaged or cracked and you don’t want this order” They all had to be reordered. Long story short, they dropped the ball because we followed back up in Feb only to find out that NO ONE REORDERED our windows. End of story it’s May 31st 2022 and our windows were install approx 7 days ago. Horrible experience. 10 out of 10 don’t recommend unless you want to be your own project manager and tell the employees what they need to do and follow up on everything daily yourself.

Victoria Mcculler Ocala, FL

I absolutely love my experience with Home Depot windows! I have beautiful windows now in my home and the process was absolutely easy I wish I would’ve done it sooner! Pricing was a bit high but I’ll look at it as an investment.

Katie Marshall New York, NY

I purchased windows with a lifetime warranty at home depot in 2011. They had come out to replace 3X. To the current date of 6/2022. I hope this is the final attempt hope window last an extended time before the next repair..the customer service was just horrible countless email calls, no return calls promised to follow up never can this go on for over 2weeks. I had to call the corporate office to make complaints. Within 1day I had results. 3 more days get a scheduled window specialist to view my window. If you are considering a window from Home Depot. Make sure you have a warranty. I could be out of over $2700.

Brittany Clark

I replaced two windows using Home Depot Windows. The windows seem to be of decent quality. They are more cookie-cutter, less unique or customizable, than a specialized window design store but they fit the bill for what I needed. The options are much smaller than a window design store but they have the basics.

Amber Jupiter, FL

Ordered windows in January, windows have been made since end of March and still waiting on installation been lied to multiple times they finally call for date and give me a date of end of August. Stay away from Home Depot home services.

Bridget Walker Bay Saint Louis, MS

Home Depot is the best company for providing your home windows. They are professional that make sure your housing needs are meet.

Ashlyn Elwood Atlanta, GA

Home Depot did an incredible job installing my windows. They were fast, professional, accurate with their measurements, and made the place look great. Not a bad value either!

Stacy Carter Red Cliff, CO

I have not had good experience with the customer service or quote department at Home depot. It took us several trips and multiple sales people just to get a quote. The windows were great once we got them, but not easy to get ordered.

Flora Canal Winchester, OH

I get everything at Home Depot and had no idea that they had such affordable windows plus installation. You can’t go wrong

Sarp Ozlen Pompano Beach, FL

Home Depot took care of everything from start to finish. from measuring to installation and their follow up calls... Amazing job

Di Tredway

Home Depot does a great and very professional job. The windows are beautiful and I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

anupam sumessur Curtis Bay, MD

Very professional staffs who guided me through the whole process from getting quotes to installation.

Techun Baytown, TX

The window quality is ok. I would not call it expensive but definitely not cost friendly. The worst thing is the delay of the whole window project. I made my order back in Oct 2020 and paid in full, but now (March 2022) I am still waiting for the window project to be completed. Home Depot always has excuses like the supply chain issue, but a delay of almost ONE AND HALF YEAR is totally not acceptable no matter what happens to your supply chain.

Andrea Schneider Philadelphia, PA

I had a horrible experience with Home Depot windows service. First I paid a deposit and they told me They’ll instal by August or September. They scheduled this for NOVEMBER. My whole house was freezing. Then they brought the wrong windows and not only wrong but broken ones, which supposed to be replaced in a couple of weeks . Almost three months later and haven’t heard from them other than charging my credit card $25.000 that supposed to be charged after completion. This job is not completed. On top the installer left my curtains in a ball on top of the couch when they are 18 foot ceilings and almost impossible fir me to instal them back alone. Zero courtesy. ANY OTHER PLACE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER. Not to mention they came to measure 3 times, installed wrong windows at 18 floor so I can open them? What about the simple ones they are cheaper I can’t reach there to open them. A total ripped off the most unprofessional installer and terrible service.

Russell Vastine Aurora, CO

Easy to work with and very convenient. Was able to get everything I needed done in one visit.

MRCONSULT Ukiah, CA

Good price and quality is ok. But recently high price change not ok.

Alex Keyboards Boca Raton, FL

They lied when directly asked if they would use subcontractors. I was very disappointed with Home Depot Installation Services for windows. We were told directly that the installers would appear in Home Depot shirts with HD badges and were HD employees. Instead some non-english speaking guys came without masks. When they were done, HD insisted upon final payment even before scheduling inspection. They failed to schedule the inspection until after the permit expired and then only in response to a bad review. The Installation Manager, Craig, made excuse after excuse and became rude and insulting, belittling me because of my small company before leaving. I will never trust Home Depot to tell me the truth or provide what is promised again.

john mendez Seattle, WA

My experience with Home Depot has been horrible. It took about 6 months for job to be completed !! and for 2 windows the installer came to my house 6 times!! meaning that 6 days I had to take a day off, move everything out of rooms and cover everything with plastic !! 6 times !!! I just could not believe it. They got the window size wrong 3 times !!! and 1 time the sent a person who were not skilled enough to do the project. Funny thing was that one time they brought 1 window with a wrong size instead of 2 windows suggesting that they dont even check the number of the windows let alone the size of windows!. Not to mention that every single time they were at least 2 hours late (they always showed up sometime between 12-3 pm!!). The installers EVERY SINGLE TIME had no idea what the job is and would surprised about what was supposed to be done. I had to call several times to see if someone would show up or not ! The project manager was just non-responsive, I NEVER received an email from him nor any of my calls/texts were returned !!! The sales person was a little better (he would answer my texts one in every 3 texts !!!). There was zero communication from home depot even after those 4 times that they got everything wrong and wasted my time. Nobody even bothered to properly apologize. Every time I was promised that next time they would check everything and make sure the job will be done. But they never did. Nobody seemed to care at all. The project manager even lied to me about sending an email to the installers and explaining the situation. The next day again again the installers came and did not have the necessary material to do the job !! (this one was the 5th time!!). Finally after the 6th visit the job was done. To be fair the last installers who came on 5th and 6th visit were very professional, friendly and seemed to care. Something that I never got from other personnel of home depot. that I interacted during this project. I would like to congratulate home depot for doing something extraordinary: This level of ignorance and incompetency can not easily be achieved!! way to go HD!!

Crystal-lee Nunez Queens, NY

Home depot is very conventional. They are on time.

Warrantone Cumming, GA

The day the installers left I was happy but within a few months I noticed defects in workmanship. Caulk shrunk back to allow water to pass the cheap aluminum trim. Trim hides damage to your wood sashes and frames so this is an important issue. Workmanship is supposedly guaranteed for life and I paid Home Depot over $24,000 to replace some windows so felt this should be taken care of and although the service manager said they would take care of it, it has been months since this was reported and still no repairs have been made. They do not honor their warranty.

Christina Reynolds Rosamond, CA

Just got 3 windows and and 1 slider done because other windows were broken and leaked air. I am sitting next to the window and there is a draft almost as much as the cracked broken windows. Very disappointed not sure if there is anything I can do. Think again before going with Home Depot. The installer was great on the plus side.

Mimi Laguna Niguel, CA

Almost one year ago Home Depot installed 3 windows for us , anytime rains water pours inside my house. I have complained 39 times to the service department and more than that local Orange County location. Problem still not resolved. Please think twice before dealing with HD Orange County Windoow installer and sales persons

Stevie American Fork, UT

I ordered a Wizard screen from HP Windows. Professional install and great product.

Tom Pleasant Grove, UT

Great windows, easy to install and Home Depot helps you every step of the way. Good prices too.

Cindy Harlan Manteca, CA

Homedepot gets the job done with out worry and so easy to order.