moveON moving was founded in 2013 with the hopes of providing the entire west coast of the United States with superior long-distance moving services. In addition to its long-distance moving services, moveON also provides office and commercial moving, instate moving, short and long-term storage, packing and unpacking services, specialty moving services, and crating services. No matter where you are or how much you need to move, moveON moving is the licensed and insured mover that can help you from start to finish.

#1 International Van Lines chevron_right
4.9
#2 Dedicated Van Lines chevron_right
#3 Moving APT chevron_right
4.8

The Good

• Moving Services
  • Online Moving Quotes

Moving Services

Full-service movers should provide a long list of services and moveON moving services certainly does. moveON advertises the following services on its website:

• Long distance moving — A professional and uniformed moving crew will come to your home, bring packing materials, pack a moving truck with your things, deliver them to the destination, and unpack them making your experience stress-free.
  • Commercial moving — Most of the commercial moves done by moveON moving are for companies that have outgrown their current facilities and need more space. It has worked with a number of companies and taken great care to ensure the best of service until all of the items being moved have arrived at the destination and the customer is pleased.
  • Interstate moving — moveON moving works with interstate moves on a regular basis. Each highly trained moving crew uses expertise and excellent logistics to provide relocation services based on your personal needs. With over 30 years of great service, it claims to be a reliable relocation company for the pick-up and delivery of your possessions and personal belongings.
  • Short and long-term storage — Unlike a number of other moving services, moveON moving works hard to go the extra mile when you want to use its storage services. A moving crew will come to your home, help you pack, pad and shrink wrap your furniture, load a moving truck, and unload your belongings into a storage facility to make the process that much easier for you.
  • Packing services — Packing can be a very tedious process but with the help of hard working movers, the process of packing and lifting boxes and moving containers is much easier. If you would like, a team of white glove movers will do the packing and unpacking job from start to finish including loading and unloading the truck. Though this might cost a bit more, it will take a lot of the pressure off of you when moving your household goods.
  • Specialty mover — Many people like to do most of a move by themselves, but when it comes to antique pianos, original oil paintings, and other one-of-a-kind items, it is important to have the help of a professional. This also applies to the motor carrier service provided for transport and delivery of cars, motorcycles, and/or ATV's.
  • Crating services — Do you have any personal possessions that are large, oddly shaped, or just difficult? If so, moveON moving can build a crate to house this item during the move to ensure that it does not get damaged.

Online Moving Quotes

When preparing to move, finding an efficient and cost-effective company is important. moveON moving provides a free online quote with just a two-step process to receive a quote. Enter when and where you will be moving and it should provide you a quote. If you are moving a long distance, you will need to provide a full inventory so that an appropriate calculation can be made.

The Bad

• Service Area
  • Damaged/Missing Items

Service Area

One challenge with moveON moving is the locations offered. Currently the cities that are facilitated are Las Vegas, Henderson, Reno, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, St. George, Phoenix, and Inland Empire. If you are not near one of these cities, this company is out of the picture for you.

Damaged/Missing Items

A number of customer reviews mention that when unloading the truck, they found a number of their possessions were either missing or severely damaged. This was not always the case, but the number of complaints with these issues is worth looking into.

The Bottom Line

With just over six years in the moving industry, moveON moving has been able to make a name for itself as much more than long-distance movers. With moving and storage services, commercial, interstate, long distance, and specialized moving services, this is a great option for you if you live near one of the cities it provides services to. We recommend looking around at the moving companies in your area and getting free online moving quotes to see which services will be the best for you. If you are worried about your belongings getting damaged during the move, it would be wise to watch everything that is happening during the pacing and unpacking as well as the loading and unloading processes. That way you will be able to make sure that your items are packed appropriately for a successful relocation.

4.1

Lauren M
November 4th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

All I want is for them to replace the mattress they damaged and we can both move on from this horrific experience. Their claims dept is a joke. I'm not mad about the scratches and stains in my white dresser, or damaging my velvet sofas, or breaking my expensive lamp. My main concern is that they lifted my very heavy and very expensive mattress by the seams (when there were built in holders, causing it to rip and tear open the heavy duty fabric exposing all the layers and coils. This is negligence and they need to make this right by replacing my mattress.

Robert Medeiros
October 16th, 2019 Sun Valley, NV DETAILS

Move On Lies. I live in nevada. Moved long distance. Moved back to nevada. My claim check was an insult for damages and lost merchandise. Broken new dryer from RC Willey's, lost new weed eater from home depot, damaged fridge, new cafe table from 7th Ave.,and antique china cabinet, just to name a few items Then the claim check sent to wrong address after switching address in profile and through multiple emails to inform Move On i moved back, and the check was stolen, forged, and Move On refuses to press charges when Chase Bank said Move On needs to press charges, and can do so, but they refuse still. Don't ever use Move On. They burned me on delivery date, lied about it, 10 days turned to 48 days and i still got screwed thoughout the next 12 months. I was charged too much, my cars hijacked, my property hijacked where i had to call the FBI and DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION on a moving hostage situation. Customer service they do NOT live up to !!!! I'd trust Lucifer himself over Move On. I want a refund i deserve. PS....besides negative reviews on yelp, google, and i would give negative 10, these companies pay big money to have negative reviews pushed down with most positive on top, probably half faked by their friends. It took me a week to assess damages, discover lost items.

James
April 4th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

CHOOSE ANYONE ELSE!! If only I could leave negative stars. Appalling from Start to Finish! To kick things off collection was around 8 hours late, not a big deal and I was patient. However on arrival the tuck was full, so they could not collect our belongings. Why come at all? Anyway they went away to offload some items on the truck and make space for our possessions and came back around 2 hours later. Clearly Vince and Tommy (Collection team) were having a bad day, not my fault, I might add. However the rushed collection, lack of protection or disassembly to anything we packed, poor completion of the forms and ultimately verbal abuse I received in my own home from Vince was a disgrace. After they left I felt very uneasy about the safety of my things. About 30minutes later Vince called to apologise for his verbal abuse and cursing, however I still felt extremely uneasy about the situation. On the 30th January, Move On Moving arrived at our apartment address in San Diego California to collect our possession for the move to Austin Texas. It got off to a bad start. The truck arrived around 8 hours late, with a full load and advised they do not have space, so need to figure out what to do. Eventually they drove away and dropped a portion of their existing load off and came back 2 hours later. Clearly the two men, Vince and Tommy had, had a long day and were in a rush to finish the job regardless of the quality. They loaded our possessions, with no protection with the exception of some plastic pallet wrap which I assumed was temporary. At the end of the load when we were checking the paperwork I pointed out some missing items that were loaded, but not logged. Vince did not take kindly to this and started cursing at me and at the situation. He stormed off shouting ‘he doesn’t have time for this! another curse word! We then went back to my apartment to finalise the paperwork, which I was not happy about but felt I had no choice. As soon as they left I was deeply concerned for our possessions. 1, I was not confident everything had been logged properly, 2, I had no confidence in them being well taken care of and protected. Almost one month later, we were ready to receive delivery on Friday 22nd February, however the truck did not arrive until Friday 1st March, I was sleeping on a floor for a week, partly because the truck broke down. Although perhaps out of their control, still not something I expect to have to deal with. When the truck finally arrived, it was only one guy. George. He refused to carry the items up the stairs 1 floor up, 20 steps, because the paperwork only permitted 12. I refused to pay the additional $50.00 as I felt this was unfair. So he said he would leave the items at the bottom, leaving myself to carry them up the stairs. As soon as the first item came of the truck I was shocked. There was no protection and significant damage. I hope this was one item, but it kept getting worse, everything single items was un-protected and damaged. Even all the boxes were completely ruined as if they had been thrown into a dumpster and kicked around for the past month. At this time I was devastated. Moving state is hard and stressful enough without this happening. As a strong adult male, I just felt in disarray, not knowing what to do. I just felt like crying! Was the truck was fully unloaded, and we assessed the extent of all the damage, we really 3 items were completely destroyed. Our LCD TV screen was smashed, our designer floor lamp completely broken, and also one of the chairs. I called Move On Moving and they apologised a just sent an email for CSI claim. Following the Trucks departure, I then spent my Friday night evening fully assessing the damage, photographing and cataloguing. On Monday the 4th, I spent a further 3 hours calling CSI claims, and formally logging the claim uploading all the photos, finding links and prices for our items and so on. To summarise, this has been one of the worst experiences of my life. The service provided really has been an absolute disgrace and I am unsure how this company remains in business.. Either we have been extremely unlucky, or a victim of Vince’s wrath and poor service at the front end. Who knows, all I know is currently we are left with a $193 settlement offer when there are $1000s of damages and hours of time and stress. If you value your possessions, time and health, avoid this company like the plague!

Pierre Pastorysky
January 22nd, 2019 The Bronx, NY DETAILS

I was really happy with the top notch service that Move On Moving provided us. We moved from Las Vegas to New York and they made the whole process really easy. Pickup was on time, they were quick, friendly, and easy to work with. Thanks Move On Moving, we really appreciate the great job

Caitlin
January 22nd, 2019 Rocklin, CA DETAILS

I was full of stress from moving and it was really getting to me. The girl on the phone was really great to talk to. I was quite satisfied after booking with them because they took the time to wrap my things properly making sure it was done right and loaded their truck. At that point when I was ready to have the delivery to the new house, I had given them a call and told them my availability to see if it could also work with their schedule. Once I set that up, they gave me a timeframe for them to arrive with my belongings. At the time of delivery, the stuff was good and the took the time to unload without damaging my stuff. I hope I don't have to move again but, if I do, I will definitely be calling move on moving again.

Anna Brown
January 2nd, 2019 Santa Ana, CA DETAILS

This is the second time that I have used move on moving for relocating to a new home. I just can't seem to decide where I want to live. Both times that I have used them, I have been so satisfied with the service that if I decide to move again, I definitely am going to use them. I had used them when I moved to California for school and then I used them when I moved back home from school. My stuff arrived on time and I had no issues at all. I am leaving this review because I really wanted to say thank you for the services!

Frank Scanlon
December 21st, 2018 Riverton, UT DETAILS

We had an excellent experience with these movers. They were so professional and quick. We were lucky to get such a great crew. Our items arrived at our new house pretty fast too. Amazing job guys, I will be sure to tell my family if they ever move by us.

Carl Snyder
December 20th, 2018 Winter Park, FL DETAILS

Your movers were very courteous and accommodating. The job was done flawlessly. Move On moving met my short notice and surpassed my expectations. Your guys were wonderful.

Natalie Volen
December 10th, 2018 Glen Oaks, NY DETAILS

The movers were a group of some great guys. They took real good care of our stuff when loading into the truck. We got a really good price and delivery was 7 days as promised. Thanks guys, great job!

Nicolas Bethell
December 10th, 2018 Long Island City, NY DETAILS

Super great service from move on moving. The guys here are true professionals. They came with 3 guys and got right to work wrapping and loading our furniture into the truck. We got delivery in New York a few days later. Very happy with these guys. Thank you so much!

Aubrey Keenor
November 30th, 2018 Newark, CA DETAILS

We had a great experience with move on moving for our move last week. We moved from Las Vegas back to California because my mother fell ill and we had to be close to her. The movers arrived and were very courteous. The foreman henry explained everything to us very well about the paperwork and how the payment worked. We received our shipment the next day and the movers unloaded everything pretty quickly. Very happy with move on moving they did a great job at a good price.

Barbara Colbert
November 21st, 2018 Lake Zurich, IL DETAILS

These movers did a great job for our move from Phoenix to Chicago. They worked quickly once they arrived. They were very friendly and gave us a good price. They delivered our stuff to Chicago a few days later. The unloaded pretty fast and had us all set up before lunchtime. Great Job A+ for move on moving

Julius Boocock
November 16th, 2018 Irving, TX DETAILS

Move On Moving did a wonderful job for our move to Dallas a week ago. The whole process was pretty easy, we pretty much booked the entire move online through their website. A sales rep gave us a call afterwards to confirm everything with us. The movers came on time and worked very hard to pack and wrap our things. Delivery was good, we received our items in about 4 days. Everything was unloaded without any damages and moved where I wanted it in the house. 5 stars for move on moving