J&J Vanlines Logo

J&J Vanlines

3.6

J&J Vanlines is a family-owned, full-service moving company located in South Florida.

The company was established in 1999 under the name Texas Top Mover. However, as the company grew, it rebranded, moved locations, and became J&J Vanlines.

J&J Vanlines is a professional long-distance moving company that offers competitive pricing. Whether you’re moving within the same state or across the country, J&J Vanlines strives to make every move stress-free.

The Good

• Long Distance Movers
  • Storage and Packing Services
  • Commercial Moving
  • Refund Policy

Long Distance Movers

J&J Vanlines knows that a long-distance move can be a stressful one. To help, J&J Vanlines does everything in its power to make the transition a smooth and stress-free experience.

When you initially contact the company, you’ll be able to speak with a moving consultant, who is there to answer any questions, give information regarding the cost, and ultimately guide you throughout the entire moving process (and even check in on you once you are settled).

Storage and Packing Services

Consumers should be happy to know that J&J Vanlines offers several options for affordable storage-in-transit options. The company’s storage facilities are well-ventilated, temperature-controlled, insulated, and secure. If you need to store your items for a few days or weeks, J&J Vanlines’ storage units are a great option.

Another service that J&J Vanlines offers to customers is professional packing. With this service, the company movers will discuss and create a strategy for the big move. Together, you’ll talk about how you would like your items packaged and where.

J&J Vanlines offers the following packing services:

• Complete Packing Service — Professional movers will do all the heavy lifting and pack/place all your belongings and furniture in the appropriate boxes and trucks.
  • Customized Packing Service — Movers will place every packed container in the correct area/position and place furniture where you want it.
  • Pack Yourself — J&J Vanlines provides all the boxes, tape, blankets, and everything else you could need for the move, but you pack it all yourself.

Commercial Moving

J&J Vanlines boasts that its company is one of the most esteemed office movers. The company even states that it will make sure to safely transport all your office equipment and ensure the confidentiality of any office files.

J&J Vanlines Commercial Move Services include the following:

• Trade show movers
  • Electronics
  • School and university movers

Refund Policy

If something were to happen, J&J Vanlines allows you to cancel your moving reservation up to three days prior to the first scheduled moving date.

Additionally, if you cancel within this period, the company will refund your deposit in full. Just keep in mind that the company requires both verbal and written cancellation notices.

Any last-minute cancellations (made less than two days prior to the move date) forfeit the deposit and will not be refunded.

The Bad

• No Pricing Information
  • Not an International Moving Company

No Pricing Information

There is no pricing information anywhere on J&J Vanlines’ website. This isn’t uncommon throughout the industry (since most companies operate on a quote-based pricing model), but we wish there were some indication of what consumers can expect to pay.

It is unclear whether J&J Vanlines charges customers by the hour or if there is a flat-rate fee. There isn’t even any information about how much a deposit is. Unfortunately, this leaves consumers with a lot of questions.

If you want to find out more, you’ll have to contact the company directly.

Not an International Moving Company

If you’re looking for an international moving company, J&J Vanlines isn’t right for you. The company only offers its moving services to those moving within the United States.

The Bottom Line

J&J Vanlines appears to be a reliable and trustworthy long-distance moving company. The company has been in business for over 20 years and boasts plenty of experience.

J&J Vanlines offers its moving services to both residential and commercial customers. If you want a completely stress-free experience, we recommend looking into its packing and storage services as well.

The company doesn’t include any pricing information, so you’ll have to contact the company to determine whether it charges you by the hour or if there is a flat rate. You’ll also need to ask about putting down a deposit.

Not having upfront pricing isn’t uncommon throughout the industry; it just means you’ll have to do your own research and see for yourself how competitive the pricing is.

View Best Moving Companies

5.0

Jolie Boudreaux North Tonawanda, NY

I have not worked with any person at a moving company who is as responsive and detail-oriented. Several of the other companies I got quotes from were sloppy about following up, managing quotes, navigating dates and rates, but they were all prompt and thorough by both phone and email. Recommended.

20 hours ago

Paul Boulay Mechanicsville, VA

They efficiently got everything together. They were gentle in packing and protecting furniture and were gracious in helping collect all the junk. I still had floating around that wasn't packed as planned. The movers delivered everything in great shape and in one piece. I recommend the movers to all.

1 day ago

Amanda Marie Colorado Springs, CO

Nothing at all was missing. I never felt uncomfortable in any way with them in my home or new home, even my environment didn't compromise for them. I booked them after checking all the good reviews and now I have the same review for them. The movers did everything best throughout.

Garret Robinson Wakefield, MA

We had the best move. Literally, nothing broke throughout. The fragile stuff was shrink-wrapped and bubble wrapped, plus taped or cardboard them on top as well. They even labeled the boxes so that it will be easy for us to relocate them. I am looking forward to using them again.

Rich Kirkpatrick Brandenburg, KY

J&J Vanlines Moving Company was recommended to me by a friend and I'm so glad I called them. They were dependable, professional and friendly. They arrived on time and went to great lengths to protect my furniture, wrapping it with care and carrying it carefully. I highly recommend the movers to all.

Gregg Thomlinson South Yarmouth, MA

I called J&J Vanlines Company and Mike was able to help me and schedule movers to arrive at my apartment. Everything was quick and extremely helpful. They also made sure to follow up with me throughout the day. Best moving experience!

Todd Brogden Brownstown, IN

I moved a short distance from one place in Florida to another. The place I was moving to didn't have parking and was right opposite a police station. The apartment didn't have air conditioning in peak summer. They disassemble and then reassemble everything well. I am so impressed with the whole moving team.

Lisa Miller Temple Hills, MD

I had great experience with these movers. They packed and move all my stuff in less than 3 hours and with perfect condition. I definitely would hire them again. You won't be disappointed if you hire them.

Cliff Lincoln Middletown, DE

This company did an awesome job for me. They were on time, professional and courteous. They went through the details with me before they started moving my stuff and there were no hidden fees. Definitely recommended!

Ethan Andrews Stroudsburg, PA

Everybody I interacted with at J & J VanLines movers was a good communicator. These guys were so good in taking care of my things and delivering on time without losing any of my valuables or without harming or damaging anything. It was such a pleasure to use the best movers. I recommend them and I will use them again.

Troy Morrison Yuma, AZ

The drivers and the whole moving crew were the best. I wasn’t expecting such a great and positive response with the moving team. The movers were professional, chill and efficient. They were careful and quick in the whole moving process. I'll use them again and would love to tell friends too.