Dedicated Van Lines Logo

Dedicated Van Lines

8.2

LAST UPDATED: February 17th, 2021

Dedicated Van Lines opened its doors in 1992 with the hope of providing the highest quality packing and moving services in the moving industry. It provides a number of moving services including long distance, local, commercial, and cross-country moving as well as storage, crating, and packing services. With a number of other competitor companies, Dedicated Van Lines works to stand out by providing unmatched customer service in addition to consistently well-reviewed moving and relocation services.

The Good

• 24/7 Services
  • Long Distance Moving
  • Local Moving Services
  • Commercial Moving
  • Cross-Country Moving
  • Storage Services
  • One Way Travel Charge
  • Dedicated Van Lines Reviews
  • Free Online Quote

24/7 Services

No matter what time of day, if you need a moving service, Dedicated Van Lines has representatives ready to help you set up your move. Services are available across the United States and Virgin Islands.

Long Distance Moving

For individuals who are moving across the country or to a different state, Dedicated Van Lines' long-distance moving services is prepared to help you plan your move from start to finish. There are a number of extra steps that need to be taken with long distance moves including extra paperwork, transferring utilities, finding schools, doctors, and planning the move.

Dedicated Van Lines strives to provide excellent customer service while helping individuals, couples, and families take care of all of the necessary arrangements before, during, and after making their move. In addition to moving your household goods and personal belongings, Dedicated Van Lines also can help relocate your motorcycle, jet skis, boat, or other large items with professional precision.

Local Moving Services

Local moving services with Dedicated Van Lines includes any moving services within the same state. For local moves, Dedicated Van Lines does provide a minimun service time of 6 hours (half day). This includes a minimum of 5 hours of labor and 1 hour of travel time. In order to maintain customer satisfaction, all quotes for local moving services overestimated by relocation coordinators to avoid suprise charges. This quote acts as a cap for the charge of the moving service.

A unique offering provided by Dedicated Van Lines is the flat rate local full pack pricing. This service includes all packing materials and crating materials such as: boxes, bubble wrap, stretch wrap, tv bosex, mirror boxes, picture boxes, wardrobe boxes, lamp boxes, and brace bars. Flat rate pricing is $100 per hour.

Commercial Moving

Commercial relocation requires a lot of planning and experience. Dedicated Van Lines has comprehensive business moving services ranging from internal office transfers to the relocation of hundreds of employees and office furniture and equipment across town. For these types of relocation services, professionally trained staff take care of the packing, relocating, and unpacking professional offices, retail stores, medical offices, and educational facilities.

Cross-Country Moving

One unique option Dedicated Van Lines offers is cross-country moving. Not all full-service moving service providers are fully licensed and bonded to provide this cross-country service. Dedicated Van Lines will pack your things into boxes, protect your fragile household goods and belongings, load the moving truck, relocate your things, unload your belongings, and help with the unpacking process if needed.

Storage Services

In order to provide storage options to every type of customer, Dedicated Van Lines offers cost-effective and climate-controlled monthly storage for personal and commercial valuables. To sweeten the deal, there are no limits to the storage options. All items are stored in wooden vaults protected by an anti-theft security alarm system with private access only available to company personnel. Storage service fees are paid monthly and can be simply cancelled to stop future charges.

Dedicated Van Lines Reviews

Customer reviews for Dedicated Van Lines have been very positive. A recent customer said, "This is one of the best moving companies I've ever used. Not only was the price fantastic but the service also was unbelievable. I used them to move my two kids to college and would recommend them!" If you are concerned about whether or not this company is the right service provider for you, take a look at these recent company reviews.

Free Online Quote

One advantage in using Dedicated Van Lines' services is the free online quote available online.

The Bad

• Packing Services
  • Access to Information

Packing Services

When researching the packing services provided by Dedicated Van Lines online, the only information you will find is tucked into the brief summaries of the long distance, local, commercial, and cross country moving services. There is not a separate page or section of the website that discusses what its packing services include. If you reach out to get a quote, ask the representative what packing services the company provides.

The bulk of information about packing services is found in the local moving services description on the webpage.

Access to Information

Unfortunately, very little information is available for each of the services provided. Information about local moving services can only be found by clicking on the image on the front page or the link at the footer of the page. Other minor inconsistencies exist making finding some information difficult for users. If you are looking for more information, you will need to contact a customer service representative. We hope that Dedicated Van Lines will provide more information online in the future to help customers know more about what services are provided.

The Bottom Line

For those looking for a moving service provider, we recommend looking into Dedicated Van Lines' services. With options for long distance, cross country, and corporate relocation, there is usually a service for everyone. If you are needing to store some of your household goods or personal belongings for a period of time, its storage services should prove useful as well. With very few negative reviews, we feel that this company will provide quality service with a team of highly trained professional movers.

Call our recommended rep over at Dedicated Van Lines below.

Reid G Rogers, AR

Ryan G at Dedicated Van Lines contracted our move to LA Transfer and Storage, and the pick up day went terribly. I told Ryan about the issues we had and he promised that he would work with LATS to make things right for us. Around a week after we arrived in AR we found a house to rent so I alerted Ryan of our new address. He told me that he would get our delivery scheduled with LATS and in the meantime he would obtain a detailed inventory from LATS to help with my concerns about some items possible being left off of the moving truck. I waited a week, assuming that Ryan was working on a deliver schedule and inventory for us. When I contacted him again he couldn’t even remember telling me what he would do, and did not have any updates or documentation for me. That happened again the following week so I reached out to LATS myself, only to find out that Ryan didn't call them and they were estimating at least another 2 weeks just to schedule our move due to them running out of trucks and drivers. It was almost a month before we got our delivery scheduled, and it was a full 49 days between pick up day and delivery day. Ryan started ignoring my calls when LATS continued telling me that they couldn’t schedule our move yet. He used religious holidays, family issues, and anger with LATS as a smokescreen whenever we touched based for the few minutes he would give me. He hung up on me multiple times and he never once produced any reliable information. It became clear that Ryan had abandoned me and my family when he quit answering my calls, texts, and emails. That was a full two weeks before I got a guaranteed delivery date from LATS. I am working with LATS separately to resolve issues with them. I have not heard from Ryan once since he abandoned us. This move was a disaster on multiple levels, but it was made much worse because of Ryan’s poor communication and ignorance. DO NOT TRUST Ryan G at Dedicated Van Lines with your family's well-being, he does not care about his customers at all!!

Irina Goreva Hollywood, FL

This company will SELL you to other moving company... Other company will sell you to another ... each of them will charge you more money (cash only) on the top.. and you must pay to get your staff back. Wich I filally did , after over paying $730 on the top of original estimate, contract. As soon Ryan got my initial deposit of $500 , he stopped answering my calls, and nightmare started... Please Avoid Headache ! see pic of one of the companies they sold me to, they just taped it on their Van.

Kurtis Lakeland, FL

I saw the high reviews and they were able to beat every other quote I received. They were pretty responsive. I added things to the quote to actually get a higher price, so I didn't have any overages and was able to budget. I even took them up on their free service to FaceTime around the house so they could get the most accurate quote possible. When the day came, they were $7000 off. I did not purchase anything between the quote and move day, in fact I actually sold things. They were just way way off. Could a few items slipped the cracks on my side? For sure. $7,000 worth? No chance. Be very careful using them and be prepared to go over budget. Once they are done with you, do not expect a reply back either. They are a ghost.

Andrew Zachary Reiner Napa, CA

We had to contact the police in NY and New Jersey, to force them to return our possessions. Ryan G previously hung up on me, when I refused to remove my negative review of his "company". We had to pay ANOTHER $3000 to get our possessions back. He never returned the $1675 "fee" that he owed us, after the move was cancelled [wildfires].

Andrew Reiner Attica, NY

We cannot get our possessions back from these guys. They sub-contracted our move to another company,without our knowledge. We paid them nearly $2000.00 in both fees and tips,before we had to cancel our move due to California wildfires.(we were moving there from N.Y.). Also they nearly doubled the fee from $5580.00 to $9438.24.They have not responded to our e-mails or texts in several days. If I could them a 0 rating, I would. Andrew Reiner

Dedicated Van Lines Logo

Reply from Dedicated Van Lines

It is very sad to us as a reputable company operating over 29 years to see that clients can just post anything they want online. This review is completel false and doesnt even clsoely reflect the actual situation, which I will outline. The client, Mr Reiner, was picked up on 8/22. That is 2 days before this was written. To move from NY to NAPA California. The 22nd was a SATURDAY. We were contacted MONDAY MORNING 9am by the client that he wants us to immediately bring his items back due to the house in Napa burning down due to the California fires. We explained to the client SEVERAL times that the items are in our warehouse in New York and will be delivered within the next week. It is the last week of peak season, we are completely committed with our trucks doing pickups we did not have a full empty truck to send out for a delivery with last minute notice. To say that you "cant get your possessions back" is not only MISLEADING, its also dishonest. You paid tips of $300 to the 3 men who picked up along with the note of "what an absolutely phenominal job they did, which is why you said you tipped them $100 each"... Just because you had an emergency that created you to cancel the move after we picked you up, doesnt mean we did anything wrong here. Also, the price we quoted you was based on the list of items Mr Reiner gave to the representative at time of booking. It totalled 139 items. Your actual job had over 400 items moved. Please stay off the internet if you arent going to be sharing the whole story with clients. It isnt ethical or moral to try and make a reputable, family owned company seem like a scam just because you had a last minute change and we can not do the delivery as fast as you want.

Aug. 27th, 2020