Liberty Mutual has been in business providing auto insurance since 1918. Over the past 100+ years, it has worked tirelessly to protect millions of people not only in the United States, but also in many other countries around the world. This company is currently represented in more than 30 countries and provides a solid foundation to those seeking to insure a wide variety of property including homes, cars, motorcycles, condominiums, etc.
Simplicity is king when it comes to understanding insurance policies. Liberty Mutual offers a number of coverage options, but lays them out simply in order to help customers see exactly what is available.
For those wanting to get standard coverage for their bike, coverage includes the following:
- New Bike Replacement
For added protection, customers can choose from these add-ons:
- Better Bike Replacement — provides total loss coverage for a replacement motorcycle for a bike that is one model year newer and has 2,500 fewer miles than your current bike
- Accessory Coverage — any permanent enhancements that you have put on your bike, if damaged, will be covered
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance
If you are wanting to save some money, here are some discount options that will help you prepare for your meeting with a Liberty Mutual agent.
- Multi-Policy Discount — includes Auto, Home, Life, Condo, Renters, or Umbrella
- Exclusive Group Savings — save if you are a member or employee of any of the more than 14,000 employers, groups, credit unions, or alumni associations that are a part of Liberty Mutual’s affinity program
- Preferred Payment Methods Discount — if you pay a bill in full or choose a qualifying automatic payment method, such as Electronic Funds Transfer
- Safety Course Discount — if you complete a Liberty Mutual-approved motorcycle safety course
- Experienced Riders Save — if you have had a motorcycle license for three or more years
- Motorcycle Safety Features Discount — if you have anti-theft or anti-lock brakes installed
- Multi-bike Discount — if you insure all of your bikes with Liberty Mutual, you get a discount
Not all discounts and coverage options are available in every state. Though you may research and see them offered, you will need to reach out to a local agent to make sure that each of the coverage options and discounts that you would like to apply to your policy are offered in your state. It is unfortunate that all states do not maintain the same standards for policies to provide consistency across the board.
The Bottom Line
Liberty Mutual is a well-respected company that stands should-to-shoulder with the best in the motorcycle insurance business. We recommend that you get a free quote to see if this is a good fit for you. Check all of the discount offers and coverage options in your state of residence to see what applies in your state. If you are unable to get a discounted price, you may want to get bids from a couple other companies to ensure you are getting the best bang for your buck.