Since 1903 Harley-Davidson has been offering services to customers. With over 115 years in the motorcycle industry, it has become a well-known brand not only across the country, but around the world. Harley-Davidson now has over 1,400 independently owned dealerships in almost 100 countries around the world and has built a legacy of quality service.
With Harley-Davidson insurance services, you can choose from a number of different insurance policies to find one that best suits you. Some of the options include the following:
- Guest Passenger Liability — Your passenger will receive coverage for bodily injuries sustained on your bike if you are at fault.
- Bodily Injury Liability — Covers expenses such as lost wages, pain, medical, suffering, or death.
- Property Damage Liability — If you are at fault and damage someone else’s property, insurance will help protect you.
- Comprehensive — Includes collision, fire, theft, or vandalism.
- Collision — Extra coverage to pay for damages if you hit someone on your bike.
- Roadside Assistance — Includes mechanical or electrical breakdowns, fluid shortage, batter failure, lock-out/lost key, and flat tires.
- Optional Equipment — Protect equipment on your bike that is not factory standard.
- Vacation Rental — Get the same level of coverage on a rental motorcycle from a licensed facility or dealer as you would on your own bike.
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury — Helps pay for injuries you suffer in an accident where insurance is lacking.
- Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury — May provide coverage for your bodily injury damages if you’re involved in an accident in which the at-fault operator carries insufficient insurance.
- Uninsured Motorist Property Damage — Covers your insured motorcycle when it is damaged by someone who does not have insurance.
- Underinsured Motorist Property Damage — If you are in an accident and the at-fault individual does not carry enough insurance, this will help cover.
- Rental Reimbursement — If this is your only mode of transportation and you need to rent a bike, the cost can be covered if the cost is eligible in qualifying circumstances.
- Medical Expense — Helps you and your passenger with medical bills.
- Personal Injury Protection — Regardless of who was at fault, up to a specified limit, this can cover non-medical expenses. It is not available in all states.
With locations in over 100 countries, Harley-Davidson is able to provide services to people in most places. Use the location finder on the company’s webpage to find a location near you.
One perk of insuring your bike with Harley-Davidson is the number of bikes that it covers. Not all companies cover as many as Harley-Davidson does, making this a great choice if your bike does not fit the standard mold. Here are a number of types of motorcycles that Harley insures:
- Street Rod
- S Series
- Sport touring
- Sport bike
- Dual purpose
Since Harley-Davidson specialized in motorcycles, it works hard to provide the quality of service to keep customers coming back. This plays a part in the slightly higher pricing of the insurance policies that it provides. If you are looking for minimum coverage for your motorcycle lower rates can be found with companies that offer more insurance services in a variety of industries.
One of the main sources of discounts in a number of other motorcycle insurance companies comes through bundles. Since Harley-Davidson only provides motorcycle insurance, it does not offer bundle packages which as a result maintains higher rates. The one bundle package that you can benefit from is if you have multiple bikes.
The Bottom Line
Finding the right motorcycle insurance will pay off in the end. After thorough research, we believe that Harley-Davidson provides some great options for those seeking to insure their bikes and ride without any worries. If you are looking for a minimal coverage, this is probably not the best option for you, but if you are willing to pay a bit more for excellent coverage, you should reach out and get a quote.