LAST UPDATED: June 15th, 2023
Founded in 1928, Farmers Insurance started in a one-room office in downtown Los Angeles. After just over 90 years, it has become one of the household names in the insurance industry for auto, home, and many other types of insurance.
- Types of Coverage
- Special Coverage
Types of Coverage
When establishing a motorcycle insurance policy with Farmers Insurance you can choose from a few different types of coverage:
- Liability coverage — helps if you are legally responsible for an accident that causes damage or injury
- Collision coverage — helps with the costs of repairing damage to your motorcycle if you hit another vehicle or fixed object
- Other — applies to theft, vandalism, hail, or collisions with animals
After selecting your coverage, you can select one of three packages according to your needs:
- Saver Package — iIncludes $500 safety apparel coverage, first accident forgiveness, optional equipment coverage, towing and roadside assistance coverage
- Plus Package — includes $1,500 safety apparel coverage, $3,500 equipment coverage, total loss settlement for two years based on the value of a new motorcycle, trip interruption and track day coverage, and reasonable and necessary expenses for towing and roadside assistance
- Elite Package — includes $2,500 safety apparel coverage, $5,000 optional equipment coverage at replacement cost, $2,000 personal effects coverage at replacement cost, total loss settlement for five years based on the value of a new motorcycle, enhanced rental coverage, diminishing deductible, and diminishing waiver
If these packages do not fit you needs, you can also customize your policy with other coverage. Reach out to an agent to see what options are available.
Sometimes the regular plans and packages are not exactly what you are looking for. If that is that case, there are options to select a package that is customized to the type of bike that you have. Some options include:
- Vintage — for motorcycles that are at least 25 years old
- Custom — provides coverage for motorcycles that are limited edition, one-of-a-kind, or equipped with more than $30,000 in options
- Low Speed — designed for low-power vehicles driven around neighborhoods and on private roadways
- Street Legal ATV — provides coverage for ATBs that meet state requirements for registration and operation on state highways
If you are seeking to find out how much you will be paying for motorcycle insurance, you will need to submit a quote request. Pricing and other possible fees for insurance policies are not listed. If you are wondering if Farmers’ packages will cover specific situations, you will need to reach out to an agent as few of the possible coverage situations are provided online. That being the case, it is hard to be completely confident that your expenses will be fully covered if there is a difference of opinion between an adjuster and the agent that you work with.
The Bottom Line
With over 90 years of experience in the insurance industry, Farmers Insurance has the experience to back up its business. If you are looking to insure your motorcycle, then we recommend giving Farmers insurance a try. If you are unsure, contact an agent to get more information so you can appropriately compare with other insurance providers.
Was this content helpful?