Wells Fargo Logo

5.9

Mark bizon Woodbridge, VA

receive a computer generated letter every 6 months that I am in Past due status. I have never missed a Payment. I finally escalated to executive offuce, ms m and ms. G. Both hopeless and a disgrace as an employee. Do not do business with WF!

Shaye Mora Davenport, IA

Wells fargo was my bank for over 6 years. They were an okay company. They are just too big to show you more attention than a typical small credit union.

brandon bingham West Jordan, UT

Very easy to refinance my home. Great offer that saved me a lot of money. I would definitely use them again.

Juha Raatikainen ,

Never again! They have the most incompetent mortgage lenders working for them. With 825 rating and existing paid home they made me jump thru hoops on simple mortgage application. It took forever to send document after document until I finally had enough. I told them not to bother, I found another lender, closed on new house 2 weeks later.

Cat Sussex, WI

I feel I was not treated well and that caused us to lose our house shortly after they bought out our mortgage, even though we had not missed a payment in 25+ years to the previous lending co. They did not foreclose but threatened it and we were forced into a short sale, leaving the home without many of our precious belongings.

Gregory Jackson

The loan officers worked with me to get the loan I needed. There was no hassle or roadblocks in getting the loan I needed in spite of my special situation.

Sue

No problems ever. Periodically they run programs where we use their credit card and have the bonus points applied to our mortgage.

Yolanda Briganti Riverton, UT

I have had a home loan with Wells Fargo for years. Their site was easy to navigate. The automatic payment went smoothly. I didn't have any issues with the loan.

Jennifer S.

They had several people following progress on my mortgage; feedback was quick and excellent; the whole process was very smooth with their guidance.

Robert Stephenson

I have not incurred problems with them but they could more proactive with financial suggestions for their customers which would build consumer allegiance.

janet Stroudsburg, PA

they were very helpful. My first time buyer and it went thru fairly easy. I was at my last nerves and anxious to get a home.

Ric Powers Port Clinton, OH

Have a home loan with Wells Fargo (2nd loan to date) and they have been professional and their on line technology works and is easy to access!

Sks1969 Carlisle, PA

We are OK experience with Wells Fargo. We only had an account open because of a reoccurring payment/loan. We didn’t care for their service to do our regular banking with them

Ryan H American Fork, UT

Wells Fargo purchased my loan from a different mortgagee so I wasn't able to choose to go through them. They are very friendly at the window and helpful when needs arise. They do a good job trying to cross-sell you to other products they offer, personal and business banking, credit cards, etc.

Krysten Lehi, UT

We stay with Wells Fargo because we have been with them for over a decade but we’ve never felt like they care about us. They try to sneak in redivulous little fees that we go in and ask to have removed and they remove or refund them. Basically they probably make tons of money off people not paying attention

janalee sanders Valley Center, CA

several years ago we were looking to re-fi our home loan and did quite a bit of research with a Wells Fargo rep. while most everything they offered looked great, what it came down to was interest rate and they just couldn't offer us a rate that worked for the time frame we needed it.

Jason Brown Lehi, UT

Honestly, the best part of the home loan wasn't the rate but rather that it fully integrated into the Wells Fargo app. I was able to see my checking, savings, and mortgage balance.

Cayla robinson Sandy, UT

When it comes to home loans Wells Fargo is the way to go . They always are there to help me with any concerns and help me feel at home with no worries. The staff is very helpful and pleasant! Love them!

Kristie Sgambati Rocklin, CA

We used Wells Fargo to finance our home loan for our second home. We love the customer service we receive and would not want to bank with anyone else.

Jason Pyrah Willard, MO

Our Wells Fargo home loan has a little bit higher interest rate, but I am okay with paying it because I really like the stellar service that we receive.

Brian Joseph Duncan Queen Creek, AZ

I would not recommend Wells Fargo. I had an account with them, a car with them and a home with them. I have cancelled all of them. I was behind on my car payment and I called to make arrangements. They would not work with me. Instead, they went into my bank account and removed the funds without authorization. When I asked them to fix this they refused. I also lost my home because of them. I tried to work with them during a slow time in employment and either refinance or adjust my loan, put the past due on the end of the loan, or find someway to save my home. They refused to work with me and basically told me they would rather take the home than try to help me and my family out. We lost our home and were forced to move.

Amber Saratoga Springs, UT

We attained a smart fit home equity line of credit, which was essentially a second mortgage on our home. It was nice to be able to draw out money when we needed it for home improvements instead of in one big lump sum.

Kristin G Pleasant Grove, UT

I highly recommend Wells Fargo. They are willing to answer any questions you have whether great or small, and have a great response time in getting back to you.

Becky Rasmussen American Fork, UT

If zero stars were an options, I would have selected zero. Wells Fargo nearly caused complete financial ruin for our family when the housing bubble collapsed in 2007. My husband and I unsuspectingly found ourselves in a mortgage with a variable interest rate. Our loan office told us it would never rise above .5% above prime and capped at 7%. When our payment jumped from $900/month to $2700 I was forced to quit my post as a stay-at-home-mom and get a full-time job. We immediately placed our home for sale and received offers above and beyond the loan balance and cost of realtor fees. Wells Fargo refused the offers because they had built a pre-payment penalty into our loan. The pre-payment penalty was $68,000. When we provided evidence that our initials were not on the mortgage document pages that reviewed the pre-payment penalty they refused to concede. We did not have the money to hire a lawyer and fight them. Ultimately, we had to pay outrageous prices until the Federal government forced banks to quit predatory lending practices. Once the pre-payment penalty period ended we refinanced with another lender.

Tyler Williams Gilbert, AZ

I used Wells Fargo for my home loan. Customer service was great and anytime I had a question, the representatives seemed to always have an answer for me.

Amy Provo, UT

I haven't had any issues. They've been great about walking me through terms.

adrian avram Tampa, FL

home loan service expensive -lots of fees and charges for same free product at other competitors

Rakesh Jain Riverside, CT

Banking like anyone else. Usually get rejected for credit which are available elsewhere. High service charges.

Joshua Mahoney New York, NY

Wells Fargo is our mortgage lender. There has been transparency and clarity as to what and when we owe.

William R Feerick

They have been overall very understanding during a period in my life when I was having difficulties.

Adria Moskowitz

They provide information over the phone that they refuse to put in writing so there is no evidence of what they say. They lie a lot. They steal. They make up charges for nothing that shouldn't exist and refuse to refund them.

Carrie Feehan

Quick, easy and painless. The representative was a great help with documents needed to get out loan without delay

Mike Danville, CA

Terrible customer service.Will not accept wire transfers. Confused internallly. Consistently mistakenly charge for house insurance when the insurance company has sent them proof of insurance. Hard to get through to anyone who has any idea what is going on.

Timothy Falick Elkridge, MD

have had the mortgage for many years and have never had any problems when I had to contact customer service.

Joseph Little

Very good company with nice website. Service reps are very knowledgeable & very professional. Always try to help you meet your goals & needs.

Janine

They have an old website and are hard to get in touch with when I have questions. They also have delayed in paying my insurance from my escrow to the insurance company.

Hunter Scott

I have not had any problems with them. At times they don't apply payments as indicated on payment slip and had to call to rectify.

Michael Marinelli

I never had a problem with Wells Fargo. My intrest rate is very low and my monthly payments have gone down.

Michael Stewart Atlanta, GA

My mortgage application process was quick and easy. They are always willing to half you in the branch.

Kevin Liu Salt Lake City, UT

My original loan was sold to Wells Fargo which made it easy because I was already a Wells Fargo banking customer so setting up Bill Pay was easy.

Craig Orem, UT

Years ago we went through Wells Fargo for a mortgage and it seemed like they did everything they could to make the process more difficult than it needed to be. The fees were also much higher than other mortgage companies so I wouldn't recommend them to anyone!

Debbie Aston Alpine, UT

We love wells fargo! They are super conservative, but they offer good products and they won't try to tell you you qualify for bigger house then you can afford.

Sunny Perry Springville, UT

So grateful for Wells Fargo. Able to finance our home after months of trying other options. Wish we would have started there.

SPENCER C HARVEY Eagle Mountain, UT

What can i say we have them on both our mortgages and they do great. We do our job and they do theirs and without them we wouldn't have a house!

Jeremy Arndt Orem, UT

I did a home loan with Wells Fargo a few years ago and everything they "said" was not represented correctly. I'm not even sure how they did what they did, but buried in the new loan was a bunch of hidden fees and things nobody in their right mind would want. My bad for not having a lawyer present to read the documents with me, but my goodness. What is this world coming to if you cannot trust a company to be ethical? I know I wasn't the only person Wells Fargo scammed out of money, but it felt really personal.

Kymberlee Yack Orem, UT

can i just say how much i love wells fargo! we were trying to put a down payment on a house and they were so great to work with!

Dasha Directo Provo, UT

I feel comfortable taking a loan with Wells Fargo. The loan interest isn't ridiculous, so it's not hard to pay back. I've been able to pay my loans without any trouble.

Cori Jacobsen Ollerton Alpine, UT

Took time to answer questions, evaluated our needs well and gave us honest directions to our future plans. Pleasant staff

Lynn White Gilbert, AZ

Worst ever. Changed rate illegally on a HELOC that was part of closing, but we realized after that they'd conveniently left the rate off of the legal docs, it was only on the quotes. At sale of home had unusual situation with corporate move and purchase of our unsold home. Spent several weeks going in circles - hours on the phone. It literally became a full-time job for about an entire week. All day on the phone or camping out at the bank or mortgage office. NEVER AGAIN.

Dylan Curtis Pleasant Grove, UT

They helped us get a 1st and 2nd mortgage for our first home. When we had a setback financially they were kind and gave us extra time to try and get caught up.