Wells Fargo Logo

6.0

Brennan Orem, UT

Before getting a mortgage through Wells Fargo I thought that all mortgages were the same. This for sure wasn't the case with Wells Fargo. They seemed to go above and beyond what was necessary just to make things great. Their closing costs were very competitive and fast. Use Wells Fargo for your next home loan.

Lindsey B Orem, UT

Highly competitive interest rates and closing costs. We had a great experience with Wells Fargo in obtaining our home loan. The loan officer really knew what she was doing and the process was much easier than other experiences he had in the past. I would highly recommend Wells Fargo to anyone looking for a new home loan or a refinance.

Jeff B Orem, UT

I had a home loan with Wells Fargo for 8 years on a previous home. The thing about Wells Fargo that I feel set them apart was their customer service. They were ALWAYS helpful when it came to any of my questions or concerns. I also had the opportunity to refinance at a lower rate. The process was made much easier than I would have expected and they actually did a few things that ended up saving me more money than they had quoted. Overall a great experience.

Sofie Rosenvall Alpine, UT

We have our home loan through Wells Fargo. They are a great company to work with... After several years we decided we wanted to refinance our home... They set us up with a loan officer and he was super sufficient in helping through the entire process! He was very helpful with all our questions and he knew what he was doing... I was very thankful for his expertise....

Kimberly Maddock Pleasant Grove, UT

When my husband and I were buying our first home, we were shopping around for where we wanted to get our mortgage loan. We decided on Wells Fargo because of the way they helped us through the process. They explained every step and made us confident in the purchase of our new home. Excellent service.

Benjamin Taliulu Salt Lake City, UT

Been with Wells Fargo for my mortgage for the past 5 yrs never had any issues. Had a situation where there was a mix up in how my payment was applied and when I called they took care of it right away. Fast and friendly customer service.

Ashley G Galura South Jordan, UT

The banking is really secure and user-friendly. Customer service is generally helpful and respectful. They're fast about checking up on fraud and replacing your debit card if necessary. You can make easy transfers, deposits, and withdrawls with mobile banking or at nearby ATMs. With the exception of one negative customer service experience, overall my experience has been really positive.

Rakesh Jain Riverside, CT

Banking like anyone else. Usually get rejected for credit which are available elsewhere. High service charges.

Mark bizon Woodbridge, VA

receive a computer generated letter every 6 months that I am in Past due status. I have never missed a Payment. I finally escalated to executive offuce, ms m and ms. G. Both hopeless and a disgrace as an employee. Do not do business with WF!

Shaye Mora Davenport, IA

Wells fargo was my bank for over 6 years. They were an okay company. They are just too big to show you more attention than a typical small credit union.

brandon bingham West Jordan, UT

Very easy to refinance my home. Great offer that saved me a lot of money. I would definitely use them again.

janet Stroudsburg, PA

they were very helpful. My first time buyer and it went thru fairly easy. I was at my last nerves and anxious to get a home.

Hunter Scott

Recasting Mortgage. Had to wait a long time (60+ minutes) on hold, due to Covid. Once answered, the person was knowledgeable. Got the information requested. Received packet in mail in a short time. All going well.

Eric Mc Hampstead, NC

During a seemingly easy loan, multiple times Wells Fargo gave me little to NO notice of underwriting changes to my loan. These changes were after deposits would be lost and FORCED me to go along with changes. The main issue was "they" could not understand how I could commute to another state and they refused to make my loan a PRIMARY RESIDENCE.... thus making it a second home loan ( even though I live there). It forced my interest rate up, deposit up, and PMI up...... I would have lost $2500 if I backed out so I was stuck. I WAS BASICALLY EXTORTED FOR MORE MONEY FOR NO REASON. I am in the process of refinancing the loan with a credit union..... as a primary residence !!!!!! DONT USE WELLS FARGO !!!!! EVER !!!!!!!

Dissatisfied Billy Pensacola, FL

I have been a Wells Fargo banking customer for many years. Last year, I was interested in purchasing in a new development on an island in the Chesapeake. As I was in the developers' office, a Wells Fargo mortgage rep who was there at the time introduced himself, and to make a long story short, wrote my mortgage, took my money, and smiled alot. Then I lost a new construction contract because my existing home didn't sell within the contingency period. No big deal, right? I got my money back from the developer, no problem. But Wells Fargo kept my $3400 for "lock-in and associated fees". The only thing I ever got back was a Dear Idiot letter from the Wells Fargo rep who explained why I would never see my money again. So fast forward a couple of mortgage applications later. Nobody has since charged me A SINGLE PENNY for an unexecuted closing on a mortgage except for unrecoup'able expenses like an appraisal or an inspection. And no one else including Nationstar and some local regional originators have asked me for $2700 to lock in a rate. Basically, Wells Fargo are pirates and if you choose to do business with them you are dealing with predatory criminals who will take you for whatever money they can shake out of your pockets.

Mallie M Evans Buda, TX

The only reason I'm giving Wells Fargo a 1 star is because I cannot proceed through the rating site with no stars. The home mortgage section is HORRIBLE!!! No communication, lack of customer service and nobody can tell you anything even though they are looking at your file. We apply for a new mortgage (selling our home and trying to purchase another), filled out the paperwork, provide all documents, etc. We get initial contact from the mortgage section congratulating us on the preapproval (per letter) and the employee spoke to us about our loan and process only to get NO customer service from that time forward. We have left messages and e-mails only to get ZERO communication back. You should be ashamed to have people like this represent your organization. We have been loyal customers of Wells Fargo for over 15 years (banking / loans / financing of home and refinancing of home). Needless to say, we are going with a different lender and once all transactions are done we will be closing out all of our accounts with Wells Fargo and taking our money and business elsewhere. Your organization needs much improvement in providing customer service.

KJ Queen Creek, AZ

We tried to refinance with Wells Fargo. Everything was fine and there were no issues along the way. Three days prior to closing I noticed online that PMI was on our loan. I asked the loan officer about this and he did not know why either. He eventually emailed me stating Wells Fargo did not accept the appraisal (by a 3rd party they hired) and arbitrarily lowered our home value by $60,000 and we were now required to have PMI. We were never told they didn't accept the appraisal and we were never told about the PMI. I honestly think they were trying to sneak it past us and hope we signed and didn't notice. There was nothing wrong with the original appraisal and the value was correct - a licensed appraiser completed it and had 5 comps to support the price. This just seems like more shady practices by Wells Fargo to hide fees from the customer. Even the loan officer stated he has never seen anything like this in the 7 years he's worked there. I don't see how this is legal. Everything was done correctly throughout the process and they arbitrarily change it to their benefit at the end without disclosing it to us??????

Gary S Matthews, NC

My original mortgage was purchased by Wells Fargo 4 years ago and they have been a nightmare to deal with. First off, you get bombarded with offers to refinance, use their banking and sign up for credit card offers but offer nothing in the way of customer service once you are a customer. I requested a PMI evaluation, paid $200 for it and the entire process ended up being a sham. They failed to add 1200 sq ft of livabled and heated living space, a second kitchen and a 4rth bathroom to the appraisal and then reused to re-evaluate once I pointed the errors out in the original report. I called to complain and they could care less, but when I left a bad review on Google, all of a suydden a team of people were contacting me to try and smooth things out. What ajoke of a company.

Don Los Angeles, CA

Seniors Beware Wells Fargo is a joke and don't waste your time. I have been with Wells Fargo for 25 years with significant deposits with 2 previous Home Mortgages. I never missed a payment, never bounced a check and was a very reliable customer. My wife and I found our dream home that we wished to settle in for the rest of our lives and only naturally went to "My Bank" to get a loan and hopefully treated well. In the start, everything looks so promising including favourable rates and loan fees. They accommodated me with a pre-approval (that turned out to be as good as 1 ply toilet paper). Then the loan process started and what looked to be a great online/loan officer system turned out to be as worthless as the 1 Ply! They do not care if you have built significant assets in your lifetime or been a dependable trusted customer for over 25 years. They tease you with rates, get you to spend $675 and then reject you because you don't make enough money. They don't care that you made money your whole life and have cash and assets to back it up. Stay away from this nightmare of a company that their CEO just stepped done because they stink at understanding their customer's needs.

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

Wells Fargo is a well respected bank that gave me the loan I needed, quickly and at a great rate. They are wonderful and I will be back for my next loan.

Donna Tulare, CA

They are ok but in 16 years one late payment due to family illness,paid day after grace period.Was charged late fee of$46.00.I called to explain that I do online bill payment adn sent mortgage payment to a utility company in error.I am looking to refinance because this was plain old not nice of Wells Fargo to ding me when I am taking care of a family member with cancer and am very stressed.

Neil Andrews Alpharetta, GA

At times of financial struggle, "experts" say to be proactive, to contact your lender and work with them. If you're with Wells Fargo, I wouldn't bother. They don't care about their customer. When I was laid off and our family lost 65% of the household income, I contacted WF to discuss my options. After 2 weeks, they offered to temporarily reduce my mortgage by just 2%. They also advised the impact to my credit so I declined their insulting terms and instead requested to stop paying my escrow. They laid out the terms and I met all of them yet they twice declined to remove the escrow, citing the 'repayment plan' that I had declined and had written confirmation that I declined. It took 4 weeks of arguing during an already very stressful financial situation. And only after I took to social media was any action taken. They have now removed the escrow (reducing my monthly expenses by $820 instead of the insulting $60 in their "repayment plan") but the experience has soured my relationship with them. Banks got govt help when they were in trouble but WF made it almost impossible for me when my family needed their help. I am now moving all my financial accounts, including my retirement assets, away from WF as quickly as I can. Wells Fargo has lost a 17 year customer because when I did everything proactively and sought their help, their service was horrible, uncaring and unhelpful. Goodbye WF.

Laurie Trlak

Because I found them to be difficult to work with. Once when the 1st of the month fell on Labor Day weekend they called me because my payment wasn't in by the first. When I told the associate we had signed up for auto pay, and if the money hadnt been withdrawn on time it was their fault he hung up on me and didnt bother to apologize for the mix up. There wers other problems that we had with them but they were too many to list here.

Terry W Fossum

They gave us the most competative rate and provided a seamless transition from construction loan to mortgage. They also provided us with rate breaks on car laons and student loans because we had our mortgage with them.

Jim K

They are ok and I have no issues outside of the terrible fees. I do have issues with their advertising... sent me a pre-approved letter for an equity loan and actually applied to consolidate some debt. They declined my loan saying I was never really pre-approved. Now that all of the debt is paid, I am going to start shopping for a new bank.

Jennifer Ogden, UT

I didn't really like the "Big Bank" feel with our mortgage through Wells Fargo. It always seemed like we were just another tiny part of the puzzle. I would have liked better customer service and rates more comparable to others I knew of at the time. The bright side was that the application process was very easy through a very highly skilled mortgage loan officer.

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

I have had a mortgage through Wells Fargo in the past and it was a great rate, easy to qualify and low closing costs. They are easy to keep track of and make payments to and the online capabilities is amazing.

wayne sanders Valley Center, CA

we have previously used Wells Fargo and never had any issues. when we were with them all contracts were clearly explained and if we had any questions there was always someone who could answer it for us. it was nice to have a branch near by that we could go into if needed.

Amanda Olsen Eagle Mountain, UT

Love working with Wells Fargo. Many services available to help with all financial needs. Competent and friendly staff to help you navigate the loan world along with making long term investment decisions.

Laura Orem, UT

We have had a home loan with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage for over 17 years. Before that, we had another home loan with them for 10 years. We have been loyal customers. However, suddenly, they sold our mortgage to another mortgage provider. I know this can be a common practice, but it has caused some problems and after being with them for so long, it came as quite a surprise.

Brody B Orem, UT

Great experience with Wells Fargo.Easy application, fast closing and low fees. Probably the best home loan experience I have ever had. Use Wells Fargo if you are looking for a home loan.

Ann Bailey Lehi, UT

I have had several home loans through Wells Fargo. They were very easy to work with. They sold our loans quickly, but were pleased how quickly our paperwork went through to qualify.

Kathy Jo Jorgensen Orem, UT

Great company to use for your mortgage. They have easy online bill pay. We had a slight mix up one month with our mortgage payment and one quick phone call later, everything was made right with no penalty.

Kaitlyn G. Vienna, VA

Wells Fargo has managed our home loan for the past 3.5 years and we have had no issues. The process is simple and their monthly, quarterly and annual statements are easy to understand.

Ella American Fork, UT

Wells Fargo is pretty great. Every time I've been, I have gotten excellent customer service. The people there are truly there to help meet your loan needs and do what they can in your best interest.

Kristiane R Durfey Pleasant Grove, UT

I have been with Wells Fargo for about 15 years and they have been very good to work with. We have linked accounts for our children which makes it easy for us to transfer funds in between accounts. The home loan we had for a short time was at a competitive percentage rate and we were pleased with the process.

Bob Conley Crestwood, KY

They have never sold my home loan. We pay our mortgage on-time with a little bit extra. We have not gotten much extra for that, but when we have had questions, they have been quick to respond.

Raven Trujillo Gilbert, AZ

We have been with Wells Fargo for over 5 years and are happy with the service they provide. Their App is user friendly and makes making our mortgage payment and viewing our statements easy.

Blake Olson Gilbert, AZ

We have had our home financed through Wells Fargo for the past 12 years. In 2012 we refinanced to a 15 yr loan. They handled the process smoothly without any issues. We haven't had any issues with Wells Fargo's service during this entire time and would recommend them to anyone buying or refinancing a home.

Joshua Mahoney New York, NY

Wells Fargo is our mortgage lender. There has been transparency and clarity as to what and when we owe.

Juha Raatikainen ,

Never again! They have the most incompetent mortgage lenders working for them. With 825 rating and existing paid home they made me jump thru hoops on simple mortgage application. It took forever to send document after document until I finally had enough. I told them not to bother, I found another lender, closed on new house 2 weeks later.

Michael Stewart Atlanta, GA

My mortgage application process was quick and easy. They are always willing to half you in the branch.

Cat Sussex, WI

I feel I was not treated well and that caused us to lose our house shortly after they bought out our mortgage, even though we had not missed a payment in 25+ years to the previous lending co. They did not foreclose but threatened it and we were forced into a short sale, leaving the home without many of our precious belongings.

Gregory Jackson

The loan officers worked with me to get the loan I needed. There was no hassle or roadblocks in getting the loan I needed in spite of my special situation.

Sue

No problems ever. Periodically they run programs where we use their credit card and have the bonus points applied to our mortgage.

Yolanda Briganti Riverton, UT

I have had a home loan with Wells Fargo for years. Their site was easy to navigate. The automatic payment went smoothly. I didn't have any issues with the loan.

Jennifer S.

They had several people following progress on my mortgage; feedback was quick and excellent; the whole process was very smooth with their guidance.

Robert Stephenson

I have not incurred problems with them but they could more proactive with financial suggestions for their customers which would build consumer allegiance.

Ric Powers Port Clinton, OH

Have a home loan with Wells Fargo (2nd loan to date) and they have been professional and their on line technology works and is easy to access!

Sks1969 Carlisle, PA

We are OK experience with Wells Fargo. We only had an account open because of a reoccurring payment/loan. We didn’t care for their service to do our regular banking with them